Old 06-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Default Discourged!

Okay, so today out of all days I feel discourged. I can not seem to think positive. I just got back from the gym. And I know I did not push myself like I would normally do. I need words of encourgment. Help.
skye8080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #2  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

It's just one off day - try and do your best to stick to your food plan so you can feel good about that. Tomorrow, start fresh and push yourself like your normally would, we can do this!
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

You still went to the gym!!!! That is a HUGE positive!!!
Tea Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, if you make it to the gym that is a victory in itself!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Thanks! I think it because I felt off today. My allergies are off the wall and I think I have a cold and was super tired. Wasnt really feeling all that well. Im going to the gym in the morning and complete some biggest loser.
skye8080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/236.5/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Confused again

Well I realize that I am a newbie when I fret about every little thing. I have been losing approximately 1 lb. since I started 10 days ago. I was really psyched about the progress and then I hit this weekend. Friday nite I had a soup late after coming home from the theater and the next day was 2 lbs up. I realize that was the salt in the soup and late at nite. Then Sunday I went back down the 2 lbs and took some dulcolax since I was feeling pretty blocked up. Since then I have only lost .2. That seems kind of strange to me. Anyone have any insights? I guess it is possible that the post constipation fluid adjustment may be a possibility but want to know if anyone has had a similar experience.
crawfishmonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishmonica View Post
Well I realize that I am a newbie when I fret about every little thing. I have been losing approximately 1 lb. since I started 10 days ago. I was really psyched about the progress and then I hit this weekend. Friday nite I had a soup late after coming home from the theater and the next day was 2 lbs up. I realize that was the salt in the soup and late at nite. Then Sunday I went back down the 2 lbs and took some dulcolax since I was feeling pretty blocked up. Since then I have only lost .2. That seems kind of strange to me. Anyone have any insights? I guess it is possible that the post constipation fluid adjustment may be a possibility but want to know if anyone has had a similar experience.
It sounds like it's not even been two weeks yet into your changes... not enough time to show any patterns in weight fluctuations.

While it's fine if you want to weigh yourself every day, you're going to have to accept that the scale doesn't always show "progress" from the day before. Sometimes doing good things for a week doesn't show up until two weeks later.

As an example, if I eat 12 candy bars today... that is not going to necessarily show as a gain tomorrow on the scale. And just because it doesn't show as a gain the very next day does not mean I got off scot-free. I still ate 12 candy bars, which is pretty overboard. It could show days later... or maybe even show in my energy levels or by feeling ill.

The scale doesn't show all progress and it's not even the most accurate tool when measuring if we are doing things right constantly.

You're going to have to continue with your plan for at least a month before you see some sort of patterns, and as long as you're continuing to lose a little bit of weight each week that's doing good and that means you're getting closer to your goals.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

Height: 5'9"

I agree...at least you went to the gym. Going is sometimes the hardest part! We all have those days where we feel like slackers!! Just psyche yourself up for tomorrow. You got this!!
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #9  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I'd give it plenty more time, Monica (and I LOVE your name, by the way--I knew you were a "neighbor" as soon as I saw that name ). Salt that you take in on a Sunday may cause a bump in the scale until Tuesday or Wednesday, maybe even longer. Not that that's a bad thing, just something that you need to account for when you look at the scale. Remember that it measures your weight, not your fat--and there's no way that you gained any fat from eating a bowl of soup unless that bowl contained 3500 calories of soup.

I have tasted some oyster-artichoke soups that might really have had 3500 calories per bowl, but I doubt that's what you ate.

I'd also be careful of the Dulcolax and any other laxative unless you're really miserable, if possible. I've known people whose systems become so reliant on a little help to "keep the mail moving," so to speak, that without them, they just suffer miserably. You've been at it for under two weeks, so give your body a chance to adjust to its new way of eating. Sometimes that means feeling blocked up for a day or so, but it's worth it to wait it out and let your system find its new equilibrium.

Skye--as others said, the fact that you went to the gym speaks volumes about how dedicated you are! Be proud of that accomplishment and of knowing how you can fix it next time. Maybe you had good reason not to push yourself that night; that's often the first indication that I'm coming down with something, when I just can't get the "oomph" in a workout that I should. Sometimes our bodies know best, y'know?

I'm glad you're feeling better now, though.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote