Pregnant - Nursing - Not waiting for goal.

View Full Version : Not waiting for goal.

Gale02
06-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I hope it's ok to share this here, I need to talk with someone about it, and it's just not appropriate to share with people IRL. ;)

I have an appointment to get my IUD removed next week. We'll see what happens from there! :D I wanted to wait until goal originally, but we're ready so we're going for it.

Honestly, I'm super excited but am very afraid of the impending judgment from friends and family. People tend to ask really stupid questions like "Don't you know what causes this??" and I doubt my ability to hold my tongue. Maybe it won't be as bad as I think and people will keep their opinions to themselves. Hey, a girl can dream! :p

Ally Michelle
06-07-2011, 10:39 AM
:hug:

Yay! Im excited for you! My parents had five and when people would be judgmental it was so upsetting to them.

But that is sooo exciting for you! Good luck conciving number 3!

And congrats on your weight loss so far! :)

Gale02
06-07-2011, 01:15 PM
My appointment was moved to tomorrow! :D

Ally - I'm one of 6, and my mom got a lot of people asking (rather offensively, IMO) if she knew what caused it. It baffles me that people think big families are nuts. I want a big family and I LOVE being part of a big family!

Delta - Thanks! I sure hope I can laugh it off. People are definitely going to know this one is planned since I'm on a fairly fool-proof method of birth control (and the women in my family talk about things like that.) But, it's my family and our decision... regardless of what anyone thinks! :)

emiloots
06-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Congrats and best of luck - our #3 was conceived the first month, a bit quicker than planned but of course we were thrilled. Big families are wonderful, they used to be the norm now everyone looks at you like you have two heads when you have more than two kiddos. Sending baby dust your way!

Ky30
06-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Aw Im excited for you. I just found out we are expecting our 4th child due Febuary 11th 2012 it was a huge surprise :)

Latchkey Princess
06-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Congratulations and hope it happens quickly for you! I only have 3 and people ask me if I know what causes it. I just tell them "Nope, but when I figure out what causes it then we'll be able to stop!".

bargoo
06-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I hope you get what you want. It's funny about people who use that "don't you know what cause this" It is not original , been asked for ages. Just try to brush it off, they don't actually expect an answer anyway.

Gale02
06-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. :) You are all wonderful. :hug:

IUD is out, now on to the waiting game. I weighed in at 231 at the Dr today and she gave me the go ahead to keep eating at weight loss calories until after my first trimester if I can. :D

CoolMom75
06-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Awesome! Good luck for a quick ttc! And don't worry about comments. I always throw in a bit about how excited we are. There's not much negative to be said after that.

Lovely
06-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Wishing you the best! :D

Gale02
06-09-2011, 02:32 PM
:lol: Lovely - your signature cracks me up! Rule number one: cardio! :lol:

fattymcfatty
06-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Congrats, to you. I am trying to get to goal weight before baby #2. But I am having second thoughts on getting to 165 before trying. I might make it 175. My first pregnancy I was severly sick and vomited constantly for the first 5 months. I actually lost 25lbs in the beginning and then through the course of it put it back on plus 5 when I had my daughter. So postpartum I was 20lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight. Which was HIGH, btw. But I am nervous I'll lose weight like I did with my daughter, then I would be 145lbs and for my frame, that is scary. I know every pregnancy is different, but I don't know.

As far as a big family, I think it is great as long as the parents can support the children. My husband is the middle of 5, and I like his big family, and I think it is great when they all get together. This next baby will be our last though, I'll be 34 in December and I am getting too old. Plus, I hate being pregnant, LOL!

love2b150
06-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Gale you know we have 5. I have heard everything from, Don't you and DH know when to stop?, to wow, we know what you two do all the time!, to my goodness give them time to grow! I've even been told by close friends when we got pregnant with our last, You do know there's a such thing as birth control? or Don't you think you are getting a little old? Like really??? None of our children were planned. We look at them as all in Gods plan. I say be happy and do what you want. I personally love being pregnant with the exception of gestational diabetes and having to take two insulin shots a day. But all in all even at my age now I'd be siked. We'll be 56 and 57 when our youngest graduates from high school, now I do think that's funny. Best of Luck to you and you husband :hug:

Latchkey I like what you tell people who ask you that dumb question :)

ky congratulations to you :)

Lovely
06-09-2011, 04:06 PM
:lol: Lovely - your signature cracks me up! Rule number one: cardio! :lol:

You know it!!! :lol: I don't wanna be zombie food!

Gale02
06-09-2011, 04:07 PM
McFatty (You're going to change your name to skinnymcskinny soon, right?!) -

You're not the first person I've met that hates being pregnant. I have a good friend that really wanted 4 kids but hated being pregnant so badly that they stopped at 3. I don't love being pregnant, but I don't mind it. Good luck to you for whenever you decide to TTC!

I agree that there definitely needs to be an ability and willingness to support a large family. That's part of the reason DH has spent so much time and money going to school (M.S. in Computer Science) - so that we can have a large family and afford for me to stay home.

Gale02
06-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Rennie - People are simply astounding. I can't believe some of the things you've been asked! I have a feeling some of it is coming my way since my oldest is 2 1/2 and my youngest is 9 months. But, I think if I take your guys' suggestion and just be excited when I talk to people about it either they won't say dumb things or they will feel appropriately bad for saying it. Or, they're just heels and need to learn some proper manners. :)

love2b150
06-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Gale sometimes we just have to shake our heads. :)

Goddess Jessica
06-09-2011, 05:31 PM
I have to admit, if we were friends I would probably razz you about it! My parents both came from families of 8 but it's so rare these days. As someone who can't imagine having ONE, let alone a BUNCH, it's our way of saying, "Why more?"

I think it's a reaction when people don't know what to say. This is my first and planned but I was very "no, we probably won't have kids" for most of my life so it was a BIG shock to my friends and family. The first question was either, "OMG, was it planned?" or (jokingly), "Don't you know what causes that?"

I didn't take offense because (even though it was planned) it was still a shock to me. I ended up writing a lengthy blog article on the why because I wanted to address the question seriously (for my own brain and for the curiosity of others). Obviously, I'm not suggesting that. But I actually had a friend of mine say that she was so interested in my why because she never expected children from me. :)

Gale02
06-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Jessica - I don't mind a little friendly razzing for sure. :) What bothers me is when people are genuinely... disgusted is the only word I can come up with to describe the look. They are appalled that I had my first two so close together... adding another will likely add to that. :shrug:

Arctic Mama
06-14-2011, 02:04 AM
Good luck Gale!

junebug41
06-14-2011, 10:23 AM
I think people that razz you are just trying to be cute. Frankly, I am reproductively challenged (pcos) so having children closer together might be my only shot at having more than one! I don't want to go through infertility again so I may have to take advantage of the increased fertility women with this condition sometimes have after birth. We'll see though.

I know people can be brash about larger families, but there are some great advantages to having kids close together! As long as your doctor has given you the ok (childbirth back to back can be rough) I say plan your family as best you see fit. Good luck!

Britt83
06-18-2011, 06:38 AM
Congrats on TTC!
We are working on number 2 now...and we also want 3-4 kiddos in our family!

Gale02
06-18-2011, 01:09 PM
My period is late and the pregnancy tests are negative. :rolleyes: I'll retest again tomorrow... and the next day, and the next... until it's positive or TOM shows up.

Britt83
06-18-2011, 01:34 PM
i had that happen last month, i was late, which i never am, and was convinced is was preggos, but the test said negative, and then the along TOM came...hopefully this month

....i hope your test is positive tomorrow! ;)

Gale02
06-19-2011, 04:50 PM
TOM showed up today. Not a huge surprise, I knew it was a long shot that we would get pregnant this month. Although, it was a bit mean, being 2 days late. ;) Maybe next month!

Britt83
06-19-2011, 08:51 PM
Oh, that's too bad..... but there's always next month :D

Arianwen
07-10-2011, 10:20 PM
McFatty (You're going to change your name to skinnymcskinny soon, right?!) -

You're not the first person I've met that hates being pregnant. I have a good friend that really wanted 4 kids but hated being pregnant so badly that they stopped at 3. I don't love being pregnant, but I don't mind it. Good luck to you for whenever you decide to TTC!

I agree that there definitely needs to be an ability and willingness to support a large family. That's part of the reason DH has spent so much time and money going to school (M.S. in Computer Science) - so that we can have a large family and afford for me to stay home.

I was ill for nearly the whole pregnancy, puking at times...it SUCKED! I remember bawling my eyes out at the dinner table cause I'd try to eat cause I was hungry - then run to the bathroom to hurl. Repeat. lol

I didn't enjoy being pregnant terribly much but it was a means to an end and only 9 months+ out of my entire life so...I'm ok with it.

We're going to TTC next year and I'm sure I'll be sick again. I know how to manage it and I'll just tough it out!

guamvixen
07-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Gale!

It's been another month! Any updates! This is SO exciting! Do keep us posted! :)

Gale02
07-22-2011, 11:00 AM
I started my period on the 18th, so no luck this month. We'll see what next month brings! I'm not worried, it'll happen when the time is right. :)

sacha
07-22-2011, 11:27 AM
I've been TTC for 10 months now :(

Gale02
07-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Oh Sacha, that's really tough. :( I'm sorry it's taking so long. Are you still nursing?

mom4life
07-22-2011, 05:31 PM
That's awesome news! I hope it happens soon. I know what you mean though. I had a rough time with my last pregnancy where we were sure we wanted to stop having babies but didn't do anything to prevent it cause it's always been hard to get pregnant. ds2 was 9 months old at the time and it normally took 1.5 from birth of last child to get pregnant again. So we figured we still had some time to think about it before we made any permanent plans. Well 2 weeks after our conversation we found out we were pregnant with little Eli. LOL
I was already mixed up about my feelings about the pregnancy then to top it all off I had people from my playdate group gossiping that they would never get pregnant so soon and saying we were irresponsible for letting it happen. I made it clear that the pregnancy wasn't planned and regardless if it was planned or not we were financially capable so pretty much it was none of their business. We can't imagine our lives without Little Eli....who will be 1 tomorrow. :(
We are completely done, dh had the big V. Though we still have thoughts of what if and dh says he would reverse the procedure if we ever thought of having another which we both agree we both want to just sit back and watch our kids grow...then we can become cat people again. LOL
People can have their opinion but they need to learn to keep it to themselves. what's that one saying? "If you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all." :)

sacha
07-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Oh Sacha, that's really tough. :( I'm sorry it's taking so long. Are you still nursing?

Nope :( I suspect the problem is our son. With his 5am wakeups and night feedings, he's great birth control :p :o :o :o

Gale02
07-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Wow Rachel! I can't believe your Eli will be one already! Although, I can't believe my Eli is less than 6 weeks away from being one. :( Where does the time go?

Hehe, Sacha! I completely understand what you mean... birth control, indeed! Eli is finally sleeping well, but he still thinks 5:30 is an acceptable time to wake up. Someone's going to have to have a talk with him about that, lol!

AbbySinthe
07-25-2011, 04:17 PM
OMG! I'm just seeing this thread now. I've been on a bit of an unintentional hiatus from 3fc. Best of luck, Gale! I'm so excited for you!

Sacha, I'm so sorry :( And I completely understand your method of "birth control". My son is 6 months (already!) and he is just not a sleeper. Hard to even think about having another one right now.

Gale02
07-31-2011, 11:31 AM
So, after a lengthy discussion, DH and I have decided to wait just a little bit longer. There are a couple of really big life changes coming up for us in the next year or so and the thought of adding a third child to the mix at the same time was causing me no small amount of anxiety. We're not waiting long, the plan is 6 months and then start trying again. I'm not going on any sort of hormonal BC (or getting my IUD put back in). My baby Eli is evidence of my ability to use condoms with any regularity, but we're going to try to wait just 6 more months. That way, by the time baby arrives, DH will be done with grad school (hallelujah chorus!), he'll be in his new pay grade (WAY more money) and we might possibly be able to move into a bigger place (we have 2 bedrooms right now.) I'm also on a really good track with my therapy right now, getting some of these food issues dealt with, and I think I can get down to my #1 PPW in that time, too (197.) Or, at least get closer than I am now.

Things might change again, but this is where I am right now. I feel so much more peace today, having made the decision to wait 6 more months.

I'll let you know when we get a BFP... no more false alarms about TTC! :)