Old 06-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #1  

Smile What's the FINAL WORD on EXERCISE

Hi everybody. I've been lurking and not posting much. There is such a wealth of information, encouragement and experience here so I though I would ask.

I've been on IP for 4 weeks. I would love to do some toning exercises for my arms and shoulders. When I started, the actual physician told me to wait 2 weeks. After last weeks WI, I asked the IP consultant(not the physician). She told me not to exercise because my muscles could not repair themselves. Makes sense to me. But I have seen some posts on here about people exercising and having an extra packet. Can you all give me your opinion and/or input on exercising, including cardio, toning, etc?

I thought about doing some cycling as well, but nothing too strenuous. Thanks for any input
BigHorn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn92 View Post
Hi everybody. I've been lurking and not posting much. There is such a wealth of information, encouragement and experience here so I though I would ask.

I've been on IP for 4 weeks. I would love to do some toning exercises for my arms and shoulders. When I started, the actual physician told me to wait 2 weeks. After last weeks WI, I asked the IP consultant(not the physician). She told me not to exercise because my muscles could not repair themselves. Makes sense to me. But I have seen some posts on here about people exercising and having an extra packet. Can you all give me your opinion and/or input on exercising, including cardio, toning, etc?

I thought about doing some cycling as well, but nothing too strenuous. Thanks for any input
It's really hard to advise you because you give no information: Height? Weight? How much and what kind of exercise you are accustomed to doing? Help us and we'll help you.

OOPS. Edit: There is NO final word.

Last edited by Linden; 06-06-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #3  

I am 5'5'' and now weigh 174. I've lost 19 lbs on IP and 7 before. I have always struggled with my weight but like to exercise. When I was this weight 5 years ago I did a 2 day cycling tour. I've 'run" a 5k and a 10K. The last time I exercised though was in the beginning of March. I know all about working into an exercise regimen slowly and can do it, but I want to know if exercising will somehow slow down the IP process.

This past weekend, I noticed a "waist"appear on my body I'd like to enhance this by doing ab exercises. Everything is sleeveless and I would like to tone my arms.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I exercise 60-90 mins a day, 6 days a week. I did this before ip, snd continued throughout.

My coach is supportive.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #5  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
The last time I exercised though was in the beginning of March. I know all about working into an exercise regimen slowly and can do it, but I want to know if exercising will somehow slow down the IP process.
Since you haven't exercised since March and because you know who to take things slowly, exercise may help. But be very careful of the delicate balance between the amount and type of exercise and an 800-900 calories program. What might really help you would be to read all of Elizabeth (dienakatz)'s posts in the Exercise thread. Hope this helps.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #6  

Thanks Linden I did a search for threads by "dienakatz" bvut couldn't find it. Any other name that may be used?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #7  

BigHorn92, I just bumped the Exercise thread up for you... it's long, but it'll benefit you greatly to read the whole thing... in case it gets pushed back down again, here's the link... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #8  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Thanks Linden I did a search for threads by "dienakatz" bvut couldn't find it. Any other name that may be used?
Maybe because I spelled it wrong? Thanks Sheshie. I ran out of time and was just coming back to bump the thread. And BigHorn, don't stop at reading Elizabeth's posts. She Sheshie's, and a lot of other good posts, OK?
Old 06-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #9  

Thanks Sheshie & Linden!!! Off to read.