Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat: Monday June 6- Sunday June 12

Tejas
06-06-2011, 10:56 AM
New Pages!

beach bum
06-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Good Morning or what left of it Ladies:)

We have another beautiful sleeping weather & temps today and than tomorrow we start warming up again and by the end of the week the A/C's will be used again. I'm still waiting for my handy man to call to get the other a/c's in before my sister arrives.

Going to go out and get down to the beach early before the crowds come out. My hip is hurting cause I'm leaning that way trying to baby my left knee. If it doesn't go away I will get an appointment with the doctor.

RHONDAThanks for the new pages,was here this morning but I didn't start up the pages as I didn't want to duplicate them. Usually EMS or JOJO start them up.I'm not a pool person either as I don't swim to well. When I tell my GK that I'm going to dip in there pool I always ask for a noodle. They in turn laugh at me.

My Lunch is ready have to go,have a nice day

ontarget
06-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the pages. I hope you're out there having a good day--and are keeping cool.

Maryann, be careful with your hip.

I'm back on program. Okay--so now I've decided I'm not so happy with my body. Just ate a banana. Turning into a monkey.

ems81wales
06-06-2011, 06:39 PM
sorry girls been busy so didnt do the page. Exams are all over and done with for now but im full of a cold :( i have started back on the diet today i could not concentrate on it for the 4 weeks i was doing exams cus i was so stressed so god knows how much iv put back on lol :( hope you had a goos birthday jojo.

how is everyone? xxxx

sloanie
06-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Hey chicks, I'm on a watermelon fast today. It is really good for getting rid of excess fluid. I plan on starting back on core tomorrow. I know the plan works, so that's where I'm headed.

We started working on the decorations for the wedding. It will be an Alice in Wonderland theme but will be very subtle and a little vintage. My sister found a vintage Al. In Wond. Book at a flea market, and we plan on scanning/copying the cover and using the copies as book jackets for the books that we will place on the tables. Each table will have a red cloth with a black square in the middle on which the books will sit. Half of the tables will have white tea pots with red roses and the other half will have a silver candlestick with a candle. All of the tables will have small cards with vintage Al. In Wond images on them. We also plan to use black and white damask runners on some of the tables, and we will decorate the light fixtures with black and white paper lanterns. It will really be a reflection of dd's personality.

Looks like y'all have been busy so far this summer. I hope you all some fun planned. GTG get some paper work done for dh. I'll check in tomorrow.

nancy237
06-06-2011, 10:18 PM
A good weekend & week in every way except my diet.

Cookout Saturday at pool = hotdog & cake
Lunch out & Birthday get together Sunday = big lunch & cake & kabobs
Taken out tonight for pasta & birthday dessert
Cousin is taking me out Wed at a pasta place
Friend taking me out Friday lunch .

Oh dear..

Kids all gave me one of those k cup coffee pots.
I love it

jojo23
06-07-2011, 03:15 AM
Well, no more gadding about for me for some time, back on the straight and narrow. I'm going for a stone this time... that's 14lbs. Belated Happy Birthday Nancy. How's it going?

Queen's Club tennis tournament started yesterday for 2 weeks, last week the French Open finished after 2 weeks, and at the end of this month is Wimbledon so I am in my 7th heaven.

Weather not too bad... what's up with the world??? Volcanoes have started kicking off in Chile now. Do you reckon Mother Nature is trying to tell us something? We even had a small quake here at the weekend and lets not forget that Edinburgh is built on a (we hope) dormant volcano

Good luck everyone

Vickie
06-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I gained .4 for 3 weeks and that includes all my birthday graduation nonsense. Now I need to get back to business with Paula, Sloan and JoJo and with Rhonda and Sandra and Mary Ann who have been doing what they are supposed to for a while.

It is SOOOOO hot here! My pool water balance is a mess. Jim is at PT now then and appointment with his Ortho, then we have to tackle the pool. It was only 76 degrees yesterday which is too cold. We can't put the solar cover on because the water is NOT stable. We are almost done with wanting to have the pool. It's becoming too much work.

Have a great day!!!!!

nancy237
06-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Vickie..that is what I have to decide about the pool & staying in this house. Its a lot of work but it is a great magnet for gatherings and the kids love it. I have realized that few adults care to swim if they come over in the summer.

Our boat is 19 ft and the kids and I are all thinking that I should sell it and get a small little jon boat that is easy to pull with my car. We didn't use the boat very often in the last 2-3 years and it seems too big for me to handle. I have to keep the truck just to pull the boat if I want the boat. . All I want to do is putter around the shoreline to fish. I hate to keep it all winter just to sell in the spring but i hate to make a decision yet also.

Today is a paperwork day . I am behind on that type stuff.

My birthday is actually the 8th- tomorrow.
We just do Birthday weeks around here ...

ontarget
06-07-2011, 09:38 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANCY!! Enjoy tomorrow. It's your special day cuz you're so special yourself.

Ladies, I hate seeing photos of myself. This article that came out about me through me into a depression. Maybe I needed the jolt. I'm now back on program. I am now 368 days sugar free--but being sugar free isn't enough. I'm working CORE, too.

If you're interested in seeing this article about archery and Curtis and me go to http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/ click on "Community Life." There's a photo of me on p 4 and the article begins on p 14.

If it's not all right for me to post this website and you're interested, just send me a PM and I'll get the link to you.

Ems, I'm sorry you have a cold and hope you get better quickly.

Vickie, :woohoo: on just gaining .4 in 3 weeks. That's quite an accomplishment. I'm proud of you.

Sloan, I love the wedding theme. My son had "Mickey Mouse."

JoJo, I'd like to lose 10 pounds for my first goal. Good success to you. You can do it.

Got to go. I need to water some plants. Have a good evening.

sloanie
06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Nancy, happy birthday tomorrow! I like the sound of birthday week. I think I'll get that started when my birthday rolls around in Sept. I'm so glad you have such a great support system, sounds like they have been awesome.

Vickie, at least you have only gained .4 pounds. I have gained ten over the last 18 months. I am determined to get it off before the wedding in October. I have done pretty well today eating only core foods.

Jojo, I'm impressed with your goal setting. If I could lose a stone, that would be awesome. How have you been doing? I hope both you and Mark are well. I know you've just passed the one year anniversary of Beth's funeral; today is the one year anniversary of my father's funeral. Today while I was going through some clothes I found an old t shirt of his, and it still smelled like I remember his t shirts smelling when I was little ( it was always a treat to get to sleep in his t shirts). I was surprised that the memory actually made me smile instead of making me sad. I guess some of those " hard edges" that you talk about are starting to rub off.

Sandra, I think the next best wedding theme for dd would Micky mouse. She is a huge Disney fan. I'm back to doing core, too. Is anyone doing core right now? I know it works, so here I go again!

I think I jabbered long enough. Hey to the rest of you chickies.

sloanie
06-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Sandra, I just read the article, and I loved it. It's really nice to get to know you a little bit better. You are awesome!

nancy237
06-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Sandra,
Thanks for sharing the article. I enjoyed it and reading about how you met Curtis & how you got started with the archery.
I think you looked great in the photos !
Nancy

jojo23
06-08-2011, 05:02 AM
Sandra What a lovely article and photo, we both read it. Thank you so much for sharing.

Yep Sloanie. Beth died on May 26th, we collected her ashes on June 9th which would have been her 32nd birthday. It has been a roller coaster year: Complete numbness, shock, anger, grief, and a physical pain in the early months. It has helped, believe it or not that we have got the first year under our belts. Things are starting to improve. The memories bring smiles along with the tears.
Good luck everyone. I have a new diet 'mantra': 'Tis easier to give in and cheat a little bit, than to set too high a goal and give in completely'

pam920
06-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Happy Birthday Nancy. Enjoy your day. :bday2you::bday2you::bday2you:

jojo, I agree, give in every now and then. I've been doing the same.

Sandra, thanks for sharing. Loved reading how you met Curtis. BTW, you look great. I know what you mean about having your pic taken, I try to stay away from the camera.

I helped my daughter paint yesterday. Her and her friend are opening their own salon and we are in there painting, etc. I'm so sore today. My uppper legs are sore and last night I could barely move, I was so stiff. I keep forgetting I'm not as young as I think I am.

Vickie, that was great to only gain .4. I wouldn't even consider that a gain.

sloanie, I pretty much follow Core, Simply Filling, South Beach. They are basically the same. I stay away from white grains, anything fried, sugars. Been holding this same weight, but want to lose another 15 lbs. I just need to get serious and journal.

beach bum
06-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Sorry for being MIA Yesterday I had a handyman in the morning to move furniture and putting A/C's upstairs for my sister arrival in two weeks.Than in the afternoon I had to get some items to make different kinds of salads as I'm get sick of the tossed salad.

Heard on the news this morning that people up here should stay indoors as the air is not the best for us to breath,but I'm going to my friends house this afternoon for our second Canasta Game this year.

SANDRA-Thanks I took the day off from walking and now my hip is better. I must turn my hip while walking and I'm not aware of it until its to late.

EMS-Now that the exams are over it time to relax and don't be too hard o n the dieting you'll get there.

SLOANE-That's a different theme for a weeding but I like it. Have a wonderful time decorating.

NANCY -:hb:HAPPY BIRTHDAY:hb: and many many more. Sounds like you are going to have a great week.

VICKIE VICKIE-Don't beat yourself up birthdays graduations bbq's and all are happening though the summer months. Just think portions or the trick they do on the South Beach 3 bites.will help.

PAM-You amazing that you can paint. my DH used to laugh:D as the way I just painted the walls any old way. He told me up & down motion,do I listen,no. Sorry about your legs being stiff its probably the muscles in your legs that you haven't used. Take it easy to day and the stiffness will be gone.

Have a great day

ontarget
06-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Ladies, you are all too sweet. Thank you for your kind words. Those photos have helped me refocus on what I'm eating. That's good.

Nancy, :balloons: Enjoy your day!!! :balloons:

Sloan, I'm doing CORE. After 2.5 days I feel like I'm back at goal. :lol:

Pam, painting was prob really good exercise. Tell your dd good success with her new salon.

Maryann, glad you had help getting things done.

JoJo, it's so good having you back. Did I tell you I missed you? Well, I did.

Got to go. It's time for a sf popsicle.

Vickie
06-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Sandra, I already thought you were AWESOME and now I'm REALLY impressed. I'm so glad you shared the article. I enjoyed it immensely!

Happy Birthday, Nancy!! I posted on your FB wall too. I hope you're having a great day and feel very loved.

Sloan, we'll all get there someday.

Mary Ann, there is always something to do, isn't there?!

We are battling with our above ground pool. We may be done with it. It is turning into more trouble than it is worth. I'll miss the swims but not the work. I'm doing research now on who removes them and how much it costs in case we decide that we want to get rid of it.

Tejas
06-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi:

I've had friends visiting over the past two days; they left at 1PM. I then had the MRI of my knee, and saw the nutritionist.

The nutritionist gave me the skeleton of a plan: 3 meals at 428 calories each; 3 snacks at 200 calories each. She wants me to increase aerobic activity to one hour, five times a week (gulp), in addition to the weight lifting. She says to take until the end of November to try to lose 40 pounds. She's not so interested in pounds as in body fat, of course.

I think that this is going to be a bit of a challenge to figure out. I am to increase vegetables greatly, eat only 1.5 servings of fruit a day, reduce carbs (yeah, yeah, yeah), vary the protein sources, etc.

So, here it is:

98 grams of protein (high level for my weight lifting)
254 grams of carbs; 191 of those carbs as whole grains
52 grams of fat (good fat of course)
fewer than 15 grams of saturated fat
fewer than 200 mg of cholesterol
1200 mg of calcium
1000 mg of Vit D
8 mg of iron
...etc

And, I have to figure out how to get that and spread it out over the day. HELP!

:hb: Nancy

Sandra, I can't access the story about you; I'll keep trying.

sloanie
06-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Ev'nin chicks, I'm on day two of core. I'm feelin' pretty good about it, too !

Nancy, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday DEAR Nancy, happy birthday,to you!!!!!!

Jojo, I love your mantra! I wholeheartedly agree with you :)

Pam, I understand how you feel after painting. It really wears me out.

Maryann, I know you must be really excited about your sister's visit. What kind of fun do you have planned?

Sandra, are you following the old core or are you on the new plan?

Just got back from painting, and I'm really tired so I'm getting off here. TTFN

jojo23
06-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Mayann I'm not allowed to do any painting anymore. I'm so messy that I have to be taken to the bathroom and sponged down after I paint, and often used to leave a trail of footprints. I'm a good paper hanger though:D

Have a good day everyone. We are taking our dog for a walk through an ancient oak forest today. Henry 8th used to hunt boar there.

nancy237
06-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes. You are the best !!!
My cousin took me out to a great pasta restaurant called 518.
That is the address #, so it is named the same . I got a dish with
pine nuts, sundried tomatoes, feta, spinach, olive oil & garlic with angel hair pasta. Yum. Then I went to a photography class that my cousin is taking that came with her new camera. I learned lots.

I can't sleep. It's 4:30 and I have been organizing, looking at photos of our happy family in the fall when we had no clue what was right around the corner for us, looking at paint colors, rearranging my list in hopes it will not be as long if I reorganize it, playing with the pets, shopping online, snacking . Someone told me I should do nothing but read when I can't sleep because that will make me sleepy.

Its hard to believe that living alone won't always be lonely. My cousin says she isn't but she has kids at home and a boyfriend she spends lots of time with on weekends.

My chimney guy comes at 8 am . I hope he gets rid of the smokey/ashy smell in my house. He will also video the chimney to see if it has the damage that he suspects it has. Then I will know what my options are
for repairing it.

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes.

Tejas
06-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Good morning Chickies:

Ok, Day 1 of following the nutritionist's advice. I'll let you know how it goes.

Nancy,my advice is to do whatever the heck you want when you can't sleep! Organizing is great, in my opinion. Maybe you can nap later and catch up a bit.

I'm off to take the doggie to the groomer to get her shorn for the summer.

nancy237
06-09-2011, 08:59 AM
This chimney guy is a regular comedy routine.. He makes sounds like its the worst he has ever seen.. Its like having a dentist in your mouth saying "oh dear"

pam920
06-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Morning chicks. Another hot day in store. We are almost done with the painting. I paint the trim and it takes forever and a day to complete. We are starting to see progress and have accomplished a lot in 2 days. Then on to the decorating, which is right up my alley. Love, love, love to decorate.

Maryann, how long will your sister visit? I'm sure you will have a grand time.

Nancy, your dinner sounds yummy. Glad you had a good time.

Rhonda, let us know how it goes. I hate counting anything, so I doubt I would do good. I just try to watch what I eat and hope the scale is nice to me the next morning.

jojo, I can see you leaving your trail of footprints, lol.

ems, exams are done, how did you do?

sloanie, when is the wedding? I did take a peek at your daughters pictures. Love the theme.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay cool.

beach bum
06-09-2011, 01:18 PM

Had some kind of a heat lightening with only a few thunder bummers to go along. It kept me up all night,as I turned off the A/C and the room start to get sticky. Woke up around 8:15 feeling over tired. Not going out today,as the Thunder storms are all around us,and its just a matter of time before the hit.

Put the A/C on in the living room and the loft over head to bring down the humidity. According to the weather channel.com my area is going to a heat wave with air pollution until this weekend when a cold front will be pushing in.

SANDRA- Thanks, Hes a great guy to know he told me he even does lots of things from fixing roofs working on cars & boats & even plumbering. But you need a Licensed electrician for insurance purposes. Told all my single friends about him,and one is already to call him to work on her house.

VICKIE-It never stops,TG I watched my husband & father when I was little so some of what they knew I learned to fix myself but the rest I need a good handyman to o the job..

RHONDA-Thanks for the information I think its going to help a lot of us.

SLOAN -Have no idea what she would like to do,but whatever we will be together that that the main point. I could enjoy being a tourist and go out further on the Cape.

JOJO-I wasn't goo at paper hanging either. When we first bought our first house in NY, my mom & I were in the bathroom and we saw the wallpaper coming of the walls so we pulled the rest down and it made holes in the wall. My Leo was so mad at us. He said now he'd had to speckle the walls before re papering them again. I learned to keep my talents to the kitchen over a pot of boiling water.

NANCY-Yes reading does help when you can't sleep,and according to my sister listening to the radio. Never go on the computer of watching tv as the light wakes you up more. Glad you had a wonderful birthday with your family. You will be surprised how the loneliness will sometime disappear as I have a prayer that tells us that.....Most Sacred Heart of Jesus like a watchful Shepherd you care for us,and provide us with all we need. You shower us with your love and SEND PEOPLE INTO OUR LIVES TO HELP CARE FOR US,especially in time of sickness or pain. Remember that and you will never be alone & will be OK.

PAM -My sister is coming up for my birthday & going to stay for less than a week as she's very busy with her real estate lots of houses up for sale and a few are being bought .She has to be there when the closing occurs . we always have a great time when we're together really looking forward to her coming .

Have to go and start my lite dinner of Linguini with clam sauce & asparagus salad.

Have a great day

ontarget
06-09-2011, 07:54 PM
JoJo, you and I could do an "I Love Lucy" about painting. I'm awful at it!

Rhonda, your nutritionist gave you a challenging regimine (sp?) Good success to you. If anyone can do it, you can. I'll snail mail you a copy.

Sloan, I'm doing old CORE. I like it better. Gotta have my ketchup and don't like counting points for it. :lol:

Vickie, you're too sweet. Thank you so much. Now as to your pool--I used to have one in my other life. It got filled in after the divorce.

Nancy, I agree with Rhonda. Do what you want to do when you can't sleep.

Pam, it's hot here, too. Curtis and our handyman have been outside working all day. We have to go to Lowe's tonight for more stuff. My job is to keep the ice water pitcher filled and the food coming. We had a wonderful CORE lunch today. (And no one knew but me that it was CORE.)

Maryann, I hate to say it, but we could use some thunderstorms. Will you post your asparagus salad?

sloanie
06-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Sandra, I have been faithfully on core for three days now. I like it better, too. I really think if something works and fits in with your lifestyle, it is probably the best plan. I really need to pull out some of my favorite recipes. Let me know if you come up with some good ones.

I don't know about y'all, but we are burnin' up here in middle TN. I hope you are all stayin' cool and safe. Don't forget to stay hydrated! XOXO

Tejas
06-09-2011, 11:29 PM
well, you know, with all this sunshine none of us should have a Vit D deficiency! Just get out in the sun for 15 minutes with some skin exposed.

ontarget
06-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Rhonda, my toes look dirty from suntanning. My sandals have left the weirdest brown blotches. I had the same ones last summer. :lol:

Sloan, today I made beans n ham.

jojo23
06-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Nancy I echo Rhonda:do whatever you want when you are can't sleep. Just don't worry about it. I was the same and eventually you get back into a routine.

I LOVE this month. I am a tennis nut. We have just had 2 weeks of the French open, now we are half way through 2 weeks of Queen's club London, and at the last week of the month, Wimbledon starts. I have been cooking like mad and freezing meals so that I can spend as much time as possible in front of the TV.

beach bum
06-10-2011, 10:27 AM

WOW!!! We can breath again the temps went down to 68. from the high 8's w humidity we had yesterday. The thunder bummers really helps push the horrible heat out to sea.

Not sure if I going to the PB Club with my friends today. IF Not I going down to the beach and get my walking done. Have to remember that my DD's anniversary is on Mon so I have to pick up a card with a little something in it.She married 14years the same time Leo & I moved up to the Cape.

SANDRA-You can have my thunderstorms always I'm afraid of them,it goes back to my childhood. The asparagus salad is EASY to make and delish.

ASPARAGUS SALAD
1 14 oz canned asparagus,drained
1/4 c oil
2 tsp vinegar
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
Salad Greens.

Chill canned asparagus.Combine oil,vinegar,soy sauce & sugar and mix thoroughly,pour over the asparagus & chill for a least 1 hr. serve in 6 individual glass bowls or on lettuce line salad plates.

this is an old recipe I don't have any nutrients value on this salad,but I counted as 50 calories for 1 c.

Have to go and get out so I can get my walking done.

ontarget
06-10-2011, 11:43 AM
JoJo, I love watching tennis, too. I kept up with it more back when McEnroe and Jimmie Connors were playing. I'm out of the loop now. What are you cooking?

Maryann, thank you for the recipe. I'm going to get some asparagus and try it.

I'm having lo beans/ham for lunch today. Curtis and our helper will get homemade chicken pot pie.

nancy237
06-11-2011, 12:47 AM
I fell on the concrete car stop in a parking lot (the thing that sticks up about 4 inches that your car tire parks against.
i wasn't looking of course.

2 broken bones in my foot and the dr wants me to see orthopedic dr Monday morning because he said it may be displaced.

It could be worse because its my left foot and I can walk by using my heel only on that foot (the break is near the toes).

I was on a roll getting a ton of errands done until this..urg..

jojo23
06-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Oh Nancy I wish I lived nearer to you. What rotten luck, and at a time when you could well do without it.

Last evening we had the grand daddy of all hail storms. All the drains in our road blocked and it was like a river. The flood came halfway up our front path, and we are on a rise. The temperature fell and we had to have our heating on. The east of the country has, as usual, a drought and drought warnings are in place. Now I'm not a rocket scientist, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they keep building huge housing complexes on this coast.

WI day for me tomorrow. Do you know, of all the people who started at my diet group the same time as me, I am the only one left. They've all given up. I fall off the wagon regularly but get back on:?:. I think the newer ones look at me as a 'You too could have a body like this... if you aren't careful' warning. Have a good one everyone

beach bum
06-11-2011, 10:59 AM

Looks like rain today so I'm going to spend the whole day at home. Now that's it a little cooler I'm going to tackle the kitchen & bath room this morning and the living-room & my bedroom this afternoon.

Didn't go to the PB Club yesterday as the humidity was so uncomfortable,that I stayed in the A/C house all day being lazing and watching TV.

W-I was today & I went up a little from last week[.5] so I'm calling that a maintain.

SANDRA-Enjoy the asparagus salad.A woman on another board gave me a web site all 44 types of easy salad recipes.Hope I'm allowed to post the web site,but here goes:
http://www.wholeliving.com/photogallery/salads?lpgview=thumb&showComments=true
Hope it works.

NANCY-Sorry about you fall,I hope you made out a accident report for insurance purposes. I know that surprise and pain right after my knee surgery,I did that myself in Feb. but instead of broken bones in foot I hurt my two knees,lucky I had an appointment with my PT right after the fall ,and to this day I can't go on my knees to clean.

JOJO-When the heavy thunder storm that come our way they predicted hail stones but they never made the Cape .Really don't know either,but I think weather & there patterns come in cycles.

Have a great day

nancy237
06-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Maryann
I didn't do an accident report because it was my stupidity.. Wasn't their fault
I am a clutz LOL.

Tejas
06-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Oh, Nancy! Ouch ouch ouch. I hope you heal quickly and without too much hassle.

I spent the morning at the community market and sold four more pieces. Not bad, not bad. One of my great nieces told everyone that I was the "best jewelry maker in the whole world." She's 4 and my biggest fan! Obviously, she knows her jewelry :lol:

I hope everyone is having a good day/weekend.

Jojo...here's to NOT giving up!

ontarget
06-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Ouch, Nancy!! I'm sorry you got hurt.

Maryann, thank you for the website. I'll check out those recipes.

JoJo, I applaud you for hanging in there. It's easy to quit when everyone else does. You go, girl! ;) ;) for a good wi tomorrow.

I bought me 2 new tops today. Cute!! Getting ready for Houston. Life is good.

ontarget
06-11-2011, 06:01 PM
I've seen your work, too, Rhonda. Superb!

jojo23
06-12-2011, 10:14 AM
2lbs off. Well pleased. Tennis off owing to rain, no excuse now for not doing the ironing.

pam920
06-12-2011, 12:45 PM
congrats jojo on your 2 lb loss.

Nancy, ouch! Sounds like something I would do. I'm always tripping too.

Rhonda, congrats on selling some of your pieces. You really need to try etsy.

sloanie, you are a determined warrior. Good going.

Sandra, going to Houston again? How far is that from you? Have fun.

Maryann, hope the weather is better for you. When is your sis coming to visit?

Vickie, you still doing both JC and WW?

I'm hanging in there. Still working on the salon. We have most of the labor done. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

beach bum
06-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had another mad rush for church this morning as I wasn't going to go with the hand & knee acting up. I than took a arthritis pill and with in 1/2 hr I was raring to go.

Was suppose to go to the movies an hour ago to see Midnight in Paris but they predicted thunder storms and we didn't want to go to far away to get home. So Wed will be the day we are going to see it.

NANCY-I walked into the car cement block without looking either,but I still filled in an accident report.Not going to sue them,but just in case my knee starts acting up in a few years. I have the report to fall back on.

JOJO-Congrats on your 2 lb loss.

SANDRA-You're welcome hope you find the salads there. I haven't looks for any yet will do when I right up my food journal for the week.

PAM-We got cooler temps that making life bearable,I was able to tackle &clean my downstairs rooms . This wee I work on the upstairs. Sister is coming to visit the fourth or fifth week of June.

Have a great evening will see you guy tomorrow.

puneri
07-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi
Yest i was 179.8 felt very good

ontarget
07-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Congratulations on your happy scales. That's great news.

Tejas
07-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Puneri....please come over to the right week so that you can join us and we'll all respond....

puneri
07-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi
I just read, ww has core list, which includes potatoes. And you can eat them as much as you want. Is it true? Can i eat 1 whole potato as 1 carb?

ontarget
07-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Not sure about carb count, but you can have potatoes, rice, or whole wheat pasta once a day on CORE.

puneri
07-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks ontarget.
Some times i eat rice and lentils together 1/2 cup , once a day.

Some times i eat 1/2 red potato once a day.
Today i ate semolina cooked about 3/4 cup. I am going to observe weight changes with various carbs.