Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-06-2011, 01:21 AM   #1  
MsWannaBSlim

S/C/G: 230/179/159 lbs

Height: 5' 4"

Default Rewards for Mini Goals

Hello Everyone. I have a list of non-food related rewards for each mini goal I reach. This past week, for completing the first week of the learn to run program, I bought some elizabeth arden moisturizer I have been coveting. The mini goals will get a bit bigger - probably for every 10 lbs lost. My non-food related rewards include:

Massage at the spa
Getting my hair done (when I reach 210 lbs)
Cleaning my closet (yes, this is a reward, so I can see if I fit things)
White Strips
New outfit
Pedicure
Facial
Itunes

Looking for ideas for non-related food rewards and interested to learn how other chicks celebrate mini goals. Thanks all!!
MsWannaBSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

For my first 5 lbs (150), I want to buy new tennis shoes.

For my first 10 lbs (145), I want to start dating again. I don't know how, but I'm sure my confidence will bring in more attention, LOL

For my first 15 lbs (140), I want to take a trip to see my family.

For the 20 lb mark (135), I want to hit the beach in my bikini's I bought last summer. I bought 3 really cute ones.

MsWannaBSlim: I also had a mini goal for my hair cut, but I couldn't wait anymore, and just cut it at some cheap place. It was getting too long. But now I hate it. It looks too choppy. So maybe at my 20 lb mark, I'll get a nice one and some highlights.

Here are some non-food related ideas for you: Take some "after" pics at certain points in your weight loss; buy new bras as your size will change; see certain people you haven't seen in a while; go for challenging activities like hikes, bike rides, 5k's; watch a movie with friends or by yourself at every 5 lb loss; change your ticker for every 2 lb loss (or 3 lb loss, more permanent than just 1 lb loss). Thanks for starting this! I forgot how important it is to reward myself.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #3  
MsWannaBSlim

Hi There and thanks for the ideas. I really like the idea of rewarding myself with a visit with some friends that I've been, frankly, too embarrassed to see since I put on weight. Very cool idea. And a hike with my hubby and/or kids would be fun and I should be able to do it without feeling miserable

I've dieted before and need to learn to celebrate without automatically defaulting to food. Thanks again for the ideas!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I've got a lot of weight to lose so I set my goals a little apart...
I've got a list in my planner but let's see what I can remember of it..
There was
Mani/Pedi
Pottery Piece(there's a place in town, i LOVE to paint pottery)
New Hairstyle
Body Massage

Two of my bigger goals for the end are
New Tattoo (I'm addicted)
and Laser Hair Removal for problem areas I have

I will post a full list when I remember them all.. I sat one day and got really serious about things that I want or would like to do that I can't afford just anything and set them as splurge goals!
Makes me work harder!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #5  
MsWannaBSlim

Wow, thanks for the ideas! There's a do it yourself pottery place in town that I've always wanted to try and now I have a reason to go (eventually)
I almost feel like I need a mini-reward today - I had a crazy busy day yesterday - didn't get home until 10 pm. I didn't much feel like it but I got off my couch and did my treadmill before I went to bed AND I pushed myself hard in the last 3 minutes before cool down - tried to focus on lifting my legs to get some nice high steps in there - more controlled movements. I am SORE today but feel pretty good about it.

Looking forward to hearing more ideas - keep em coming! Thanks Chicks!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 138/121/115

Height: 5'5

I go for a pedicure once every two weeks as a reward for sticking with it. Lots of spas have 'mini-pedicures', which are a little quicker than a full one, but half the price.
mllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5

Good idea for a thread--I am trying to figure out what to do since I haven't smoked for 7 days, so thanks for all the ideas.

I've been thinking of making some kind of exfoliating mask? But that doesn't really seem too rewarding...

Maybe I'll take a photography trip in the evening, and try to catch some wildlife in action...I'd love to photograph wild horses some time, or go on a trip to the everglades, but these seem a little big for a week of non smoking.

Maybe I'll make a bigger trip as a bigger reward, and for the smaller rewards I'll set up a blog or something. I want a metal detector that's, like, five hundred bucks. That's a pretty expensive reward.

Hm. I'll have to think about this more. A new pair of tennis shoes is starting to sound pretty good.
Stopfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/155/130??

Height: 5'6"

145 - Some new pants. (I REALLY need some, none of the old ones fit )
140 - Whitestrips
135 - Major concert or a new bass cabinent
130ish or less - Tattoo and/or laser hair removal (If I still have hair issues at this weight)
Kattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:08 AM   #9  
Woooo Hooooo :)

S/C/G: 266.8/235/175

Height: 5'6

This is such a great thread!!! I havent really sat down and thought of any rewards...except for the money that I am working towards getting through our wellness program at work! LOL
PBmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #10  
2 chins down, 1 to go

S/C/G: 387/228/175

Height: 5'6

I had a lot of weight to lose so I tried to create mini goals for what I thought were the "big ones"

hiking shoes for 25 lbs lost
huge order of scrubs and washes and lotions for 50 lbs
Wii Fit (that I never use anymore - I need to get it out!) for 75 lbs
Stationary bike for 100lbs
Coworkers bought me dinner & drinks for 125 lbs - calorific, sure, but the pineapple mojitos were the best!
Trip to San Diego, CA and Comic-Con tickets for 150 lbs

I just hit 175 lbs lost a few weeks ago and I didn't really do anything and I'm not sure what to do. I have the aforementioned trip to CA coming up in mid-July so I'm trying to save all my funds for that trip and the fun stuff I want to do while I'm there.
ShesLosingIt is offline   Reply With Quote