Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team Summer Meltdown Chat Thread Week 2 (6/6-6/12)

shan84
06-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Way to go red team on a successful week one.

Remember lose, gain, maintain we are all in this together!

Hope everyone has a great start to week 2. Results are coming soon!

CourtneyDaisey
06-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Wow, week 2 already? Wild! this week went by so fast!!!! Tonight I got in a bit of exercise by going swimming with my husband, daughter, and some friends at a local pool. It was so fun and I hasn't seen my friend since 1992! It was so awesome to catch up with her! And Brenna had a blast in the big pool! We put water wings and a little inner tube on her and she was all over that pool! She even would climb out, walk to the side, and jump in! That's my fearless three year old! Can't wait to go back! :)

Here's something to share with your Red Team members this week! Each of us has a unique user name. Tell us why you use yours!

My user name is my actual real name, Courtney Daisey. Yes, Daisey is my last name. You wouldn't believe how many people I talk to or get e-mails from at work who think it's my first name! LOL! :)

Rated
06-05-2011, 11:20 PM
CourtneyDaisey- Your daughter sounds adorable and it is great you could get some exercise while catching up with friends.

I had a good weigh in so now I am even more motivated for Week 2.I had a really good day since I am right on my calorie goal but I still have to work out later tonight. I am having a hard time making myself exercise after working on my feet all day. My feet are so sore I just want to sit but I will force myself to do something.

Honestly I am so bad at coming up with usernames so I stole Rated from another forum I sometimes go on. It has no real meaning to me but it is short and simple.

shan84
06-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Week One Results

Total lbs and percentage lost: -106.1 lbs, -1.33% WAY TO GO RED TEAM!!!

Biggest Loser:
erin9598 -14.8lbs, -6.04% :cheer: :cheer: :celebrate: :congrat:

Honorable Mentions:
shay -11.6lbs, -5.45% :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
SMSDreamer2007 -9lbs, -3.26% :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

There were many AMAZING losses this week. Congrats to all of our losers. Let's keep going into week 2. Now we have to wait for blue team results and then you will see a new sticky thread with the overall teams results. WAY TO GO RED!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
06-06-2011, 12:03 AM
WOW! wtg erin!!!! awesome job shay! :cheer:

As for the screen name, it is jumble of bunch of things sms = State miss service (I wanted desperately to hold this position in rainbow (masonic service organization for girls 11-21) Dreamer = I was a part of the oregon I have a dream (scholarship organization) class 6 dreamers 2007 = Year I graduated high school! These were the 3 most important things to me when the screen name was created and it kind of just stuck even I think ummm 6? years after it originated. I usually use smsdreamer2007 or cntrygrl07, sms is more like home though.

bethbeth
06-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Wow! We lost over a hundred pounds! :cheer:

Bigmid
06-06-2011, 01:58 AM
Congratulations Red Team You Won This Weeks Weigh In :)

AWESOME JOB ALL OF YOU

CourtneyDaisey
06-06-2011, 08:21 AM
GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!

Awesome job everyone!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: And way to go to our Biggest Losers for the week! I am proud of everyone on this team! But now we are stepping right in to Week 2. Don't let your guard down! Stay on your plans, drink your water, and move your butt-er! Keep up this fabulous momentum folks!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Today will be a later day at work since I carpooled with my mom today. That's fine because there's plenty to keep me busy! I am planning to hit the treadmill on lunch break again too! :woops: Let's get in that exercise however you can!

rainbowsmiles
06-06-2011, 08:29 AM
way to go red team!!

my name rainbowsmiles came about while on a hiking and picnic trip...i had hiked up to a lovely area with picnic sheds and a lake and lots of other people...and people were just out and about enjoying their day, when a fast moving storm came up...and it began to rain lightly, and people scurried under shelter or packed up their things and left....then it began to rain harder...and i just stayed out on a picnic table in the rain, lying on my back looking up into the sky and feeling the rain falling down on me...it was pretty cool....i was soaked...everyone was leaving and making negtive comments on how this was effecting their day...being ruined, etc...and me...i was just laughing and enjoying the rain...and then the rain stopped...i was soaking wet...but didn't care, and then over my shoulders i saw a rainbow...as i was lying on the table, and looking backwards the rainbow appeared upside down to me and looked like a huge colorful smile from heaven :) rainbowsmiles!! now i never look at a rainbow the same, i always get on my back to look at it upside down!! it reminds me to not take anything too seriously and to enjoy life even when its raining or storming...as this too shall pass.

K3LL3Y
06-06-2011, 09:37 AM
WAY TO GO RED TEAM!

Erin, Shay, and Dreamer :congrat:

I am happy to see everyone doing so well :encore:

It's Monday folks so lets kick it into high gear. Start off the week right and end it with another big loss:D

Hope you all have a great day:hug:

As for my screen name, it's well... my name. I was not very creative :/

djs06
06-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Over 100 lbs!! holy crow! That is amazing.

I had to use my freebie on the first week. FAIL. It was really bad timing- I went back to my hometown to visit family for my birthday. A great time but have to get back on the wagon. I feel gross and overindulged. And I was down a few pounds from my initial weigh in, so that's annoying!

Oh well, here we go again!

OhMyDogs
06-06-2011, 10:47 AM
If everyone could just give me their weight loss for the last week (2 weeks or so actually), then I could be done my weight loss journey, and start on maintenance...please?? I'd do the same for all of you! I swear I would!!

Angie
06-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Congratulations to our top 3 this week! Kudos to Erin for being our biggest loser!

Sorry to have posted a gain this week, but for me I don't believe in taking freebies for a bad week, because I feel I'm not being accountable for my choices when I do. I'm playing around with my calories/exercise a bit to try to figure out what combination will get me losing again. I spent all last week on plan and gained 1.2 pounds...not to mention the 3lbs I brought home from Vegas. I got in a 2km walk last night and again this morning, now DS and I are soon going to go for a bike ride (vacation day for me, PA day for him!)

Courtney -- I love swimming too, especially in outdoor pools. Most of our public pools are indoor here, and we have splashpads outdoors.

Rated -- Do you like yoga at all? There are lots of great DVDs. I find yoga gives me a good workout (your muscles will tell the tale) and also feels relaxing while you do it. It might be easier for you to do after a long day at work. My favourite part is the laying down part at the beginning and end. :D

Susan -- I loved your story about your username. I don't mind the rain either, and I never let it spoil a day for me. I have lots of friends who won't go to an amusement park if there is a chance of rain...for me that's the best time...it means it won't be too hot, and lines will go quickly!

Dana -- I love your avatar pic!

OhMyDogs -- I like your idea, but I think we will have to draw names for it!

KaeBae
06-06-2011, 12:14 PM
woahhh look at those results! Go red team!

KaeBae
06-06-2011, 12:15 PM
If everyone could just give me their weight loss for the last week (2 weeks or so actually), then I could be done my weight loss journey, and start on maintenance...please?? I'd do the same for all of you! I swear I would!!

Why do I feel like we'd never see you again? Taking our weight loss and running. *shakes head* :P

Kendrab1223
06-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Way to go everyone for the great loss! Over 100 pounds is amazing! I'm staying on plan this week and doing everything I can to not binge! It's going to be tough but i NEED to stick to it! The last few weeks I do great all week till Friday and then something switches, I binge, then get mad at myself and get back on track. Without that binge I know I'll have much better weigh ins on sundays!

ggmugsy
06-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Hey Everybody!

It was GREAT reading everybody's posts this morning!

Congratulations to our team for winning week one and to our biggest losers: Erin, Shay, and SMSDreamer! Great job ladies!

Courtney, Peanutt, & Shay - thank you so much for responding to my questions. You guys rock.

Angie - BIG HUG! Way to stick with it!

I love hearing the stories behind everybody's names. The "mugsy" in my name is because when my husband was teaching me to shoot a gun, I picked it up very fast. He started calling me Bugsy - like Bugsy Malone. This was when ebay was first getting started and we tried to make our user ID bugsy, but it was taken, so we changed it to mugsy (because my first name is Mindy). The "gg" part of the story will have to wait for another day - it makes me blush.

I had a big ooops day yesterday - CELEBRATING! But I'm back on track today. This coming weekend is going to be hard. We have a big dinner to attend on Friday, my son's graduation and grad party on Saturday. Eegads!! This is going to take planning and willpower!

MiZTaCCen
06-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Happy Monday Ladies! I'm going to do my best to stay on plan this week. I've been maintaining for the last two months, so now it's time to get back on track and start losing again! So weekly goals, get to the gym at least twice! (hey it's a better then nothing!) and keep on track with a healthy diet!

CourtneyDaisey
06-06-2011, 01:39 PM
What cool ways to get a screen name! I am loving reading all of the tales! :)

I just got back from the treadmill at work. I spent 30 minutes on there and walked 1.5 miles! :)

I hope you are all having a great day so far!

MiZTaCCen
06-06-2011, 01:53 PM
I got my screen name when I was younger, I used to always go on all these chat boards with random names, and one of my friends came up with MiZTaCCen, pretty much meaning mistaken and it's always stuck with me. Something I could never give up simply because it's different and I'm always getting misunderstood.

Mickey79sf
06-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi Red Team . just joined to day as an unnoffical red team member.. i love the show and love this thread. i always manage to screw up and miss the deadlines for the official teams.. but maybe next time around i will make it lol.. well you guys did great this week! u r all such an inspiration :)
mickey

MyBodyisMyTemple
06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Hello everyone!

Ooh can I join your team as an unofficial member? I have been in the hospital for the last 2 months and missed the sign in. Arrgh! That's ok. I'm feeling much better and really could use the pick me up.

hope everyone is well. Happy Monday!

shan84
06-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Anyone is welcome to join as unofficial members. The more the merrier!

I love reading all the tales about your usernames. I wish mine wasn't so generic. Haha. Shan is my nickname, short for Shannon, and then 84 the year I was born. haha. Wow, I need to work on my creativity.

Hope everyone had a great Monday. On to Tuesday here in SK. Taking a box to the post office today to ship to Denver. Countdown is on at 34 days until I am on my way to the states. So excited! The bf is now in Nepal hiking for the next 17 days. Then he will move to India before he comes to the states to join me for a 3 week vacation with my family. My mini goal this week is to stay on target with food and to up my exercise. I desperately need more cardio. And I do have the time.

Side note: My little Ladybird class (of 3 and 4 year olds) have their school assembly this coming Friday. I have been teaching them sign language for the past four months. I just know they are going to do an awesome job and look so cute doing it!

rainbowsmiles
06-06-2011, 08:12 PM
honey, wb as a "member" it might be unofficial but you're definately family!! YOU TOTALLY ROCKED the last red challenge. I never knew you were in the hospital and am so glad you are better now. So glad to have you around again. I am trying to get motivated again, last time was so much fun, for awhile, and then I just never got my head back into the game of it. I wish you all the success!!! I know you can do it! hugs, susan

Kendrab1223
06-06-2011, 08:52 PM
My username is pretty lame- my first name, first letter of my last name, and my sons birthday. It's been my username for most things since I had my son 5.5 years ago. I need a new one to include my little girl now too!

Shay
06-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Congrats, Red Team. Losing over 100 lbs is fantastic. I really appreciate the congrats from you also.

My screen name is a shortened version of a nickname I had growing up. I will never ever ever share the actual nickname. I use this username or some version of it on other forums too.

My week is quite busy as usual. I normally weigh in on Sundays but will weigh in on Friday because I am headed to Richmond this weekend with my Special Olympians. They are feeding us so I hope I have healthy options or just food I enjoy.

HMM3
06-07-2011, 03:43 AM
Hi all....

Well done .... it does feel good to be on the winning (losing) team!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

And well done to the biggest of our losers ;)

Hope we can keep it up ...

My user name is my initials and 3 is for my 3 girls :) .... hardly original ..

Shan .. I have a friend who taught 4 year olds in Korea for a few years ... she loved the kids .. but thought they put too much pressure on them in general at an early age ??

shan84
06-07-2011, 06:04 AM
HMM3- Korea's overall education system is that way. Intense with a captial "I". However, I teach at an international school so my class is made up of foreign children whose father's companies come here to work on shipyard classes. Our school is not open to Korean students, only students who have at least one foreigner parent. I don't run my class like the Korean kids class though. :) We have loads of fun!

CourtneyDaisey
06-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Hello everyone!

Ooh can I join your team as an unofficial member? I have been in the hospital for the last 2 months and missed the sign in. Arrgh! That's ok. I'm feeling much better and really could use the pick me up.

hope everyone is well. Happy Monday!

:cheer: WELCOME BACK!!!! :hug::hug::hug:

I hope you are feeling better now. I had no idea you've been in the hospital! I'm so glad to see you back here though!

GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!

I did something that (for me) is very unusual. I brought with me the last piece of Easter candy to work. It was a Cadbury Creme Egg...my favorite Easter candy. But I decided that I should toss it instead of eat it and try to work it off. So...it's sitting in the trash can now. I am eating strawberries and a banana instead of that for breakfast. Throwing out candy and favoring fruit instead? Yep...that's different for me! But it's a step in the right direction.

I'll be hopping on my regular treadmill at 11:30AM when I go on my lunch break even though I am in a skirt again today. LOL! :woops: Time to work that butt-er off!!!!

I hope you all have a great day! :)

Rated
06-07-2011, 12:31 PM
CourtenyDaisy Good job throwing out the candy I don't know if I would do the same that takes some serious will power.

I have been doing really good with my food choices lately but I am slacking on my exercise so I really have to work on that.

CourtneyDaisey
06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Rated - Thanks! :) It was not the easiest thing I have ever done, but I know my body will thank me for it later on!

I just got back from the office treadmill. I walked for 30 minutes, ramped up my speed from 3.0 to 3.7, and got in 1.75 miles! So I have walked 3.25 for the week so far! I am trying to get to a goal of 10 miles this week. I am on my way! :woops:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

peanutt
06-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Congrats to the whole team for the great losses last week! And congrats to our biggest losers!

Quick answer for my username - it's a childhood nickname with an extra t because "peanut" was already taken. ;)

Great work throwing out that Creme Egg, Courtney! I've learned that it's the only sure fire way to keep myself from eating the junk I don't want to eat. I had to get over the mental block thinking I was wasting food, but now that I have I have no qualms with tossing junk left at my house after parties or junky foods that people "gift" me.

Angie
06-07-2011, 03:56 PM
There is a bag of chips sitting on top of my fridge right now and I don't even care. Just thought I'd share that. :)

HMM3
06-07-2011, 03:58 PM
HMM3- Korea's overall education system is that way. Intense with a captial "I". However, I teach at an international school so my class is made up of foreign children whose father's companies come here to work on shipyard classes. Our school is not open to Korean students, only students who have at least one foreigner parent. I don't run my class like the Korean kids class though. :) We have loads of fun!

Sounds like fun - .... Although I'm sure a class full of 3 year old can be exhausting too ...

How long have you done that for? ...

I'm in a minority with the other teachers that I have never done my overseas experience in teaching ... maybe one day when my kids are older ??....

A teacher I know was 60 and teaching in an international school in Libya .. really loved it until the trouble this year and had to be almost smuggled out of the country ... she calls it her "adventure before dementia" ...

ggmugsy
06-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Angie & Courtney - Great job on the willpower!

I walked on the Treadclimber this morning and then went for a long hike with a friend. It was a great day. I finally hit the calorie burn I've been wanting to achieve.

We ate at a local restaurant that serves a big salad with grilled chicken, dried cranberries, fresh strawberries, feta cheese, candied walnuts and raspberry poppy seed viniagrette. It's really good.

When totaling the calories of my lunch, those stinking candied walnuts were 200 for 1/4 cup! I will be asking them to hold the walnuts if I ever dare to eat the salad again.

Hope you all had a great day!

Rated
06-07-2011, 10:36 PM
ggmugsy- I hate it when calories slip in like that. Especially when I eat somethine and it is way higher in calories than I expected it to be. Congrats on hitting your calories burned goal!

I got back on track with my 30 Day Shred video after skipping yesterday. It was great I managed to do way more pushups then ever before since before today I had always taken a break.

KaeBae
06-08-2011, 04:02 AM
I'm so upside down this week.
hateyoufinals. o_o

Bigmid
06-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Morning Red Team!!!!

Just wanted to pop over and give you a mid week hello and say I hope your all doing fantastic this week.

ggmugsy
06-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Rated - Thanks! What do you think of 30-day Shred? Great job on the push-ups. I think those are my worst exercise. I'm trying to start doing pushups on my toes and it's - UGLY. lol

Shan - How did the sign language presentation go?

Courtney - Are you caught up on that laundry? I was thinking about you when I was folding clothes last night!

Have a on program day everybody!

K3LL3Y
06-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Hello Everyone! Hump-day Check in.

I'm doing very well on nutrition but have not gotten in any extra exercise miles. Since I've started a new job I don't have time for morning and evening exercises. I do not want to overly restrict my calories though and negatively impact my weight loss that way.

Anyone have any tips?

Rated
06-08-2011, 01:29 PM
ggmugsy - I love the 30 Day Shred. The video really pushes you and it only takes 20 mins so I can squeeze it in even when I don't have a lot of time. I like it since when it comes to strength training I have no idea what to do so this really helps.

I did my mid week weigh in to make sure I am on the right track and I have already lost 1.8 lbs :carrot:

peanutt
06-08-2011, 01:54 PM
K3 - what about during the day? Would you be able to squeeze something in on your lunch hour (even if it's just a brisk walk)?

K3LL3Y
06-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey Peanutt- Basically I've been making every excuse possible to make the walk between the two buildings here at work instead of consolidating trips. So I go up and down the hill at least 4 times a day. I don't have one of those pedometers though so I don't know how to quantify the extra steps. Maybe I should invest.
My lunch time isn't really an hour so it's hard to do anything substantial in the middle of the day. My commute in and out of work is an hour each way so it's cutting into my free time.

peanutt
06-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Sounds like you're doing a great job incorporating activity into your day! I'd think that a pedometer is totally worth it. You can pick them up pretty cheaply. If I was in your shoes, I'd probably get up 45 minutes earlier and cram in a high intensity workout (HIIT) to burn as many calories in the shortest amount of time. The Jillian Michaels DVDs are great for this kind of workout.

shan84
06-08-2011, 07:24 PM
ggmugsy- The kids presentation is tomorrow. We have one more rehearsal this morning. So excited! I just know they will do great.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Already Thursday morning here in SK. Unfortunately its also TOM so I'm not even attempting a peak on the scale until later this weekend. I am staying on plan but I feel like I'm holding on to a lot of water. Hoping for a whoosh later this weekend from the whoosh fairy. Take care all.

celrae
06-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Hey Peanutt- Basically I've been making every excuse possible to make the walk between the two buildings here at work instead of consolidating trips. So I go up and down the hill at least 4 times a day. I don't have one of those pedometers though so I don't know how to quantify the extra steps. Maybe I should invest.
My lunch time isn't really an hour so it's hard to do anything substantial in the middle of the day. My commute in and out of work is an hour each way so it's cutting into my free time.

I use Map My Walks and I can find almost any location. I was able to track how many miles I walked during my airport stays.

http://www.mapmywalk.com/my_home/

kris2008
06-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Checking in. Hope to help the team out this week since I helped zero last week. At least I didn't hurt the team!

Hoping for a couple of pounds - where's our sticks of butter lady??

boatgirl16
06-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Not having the best week on my end. It's been my first week back to school and things are hectic. Also trying to work and babysat 3 girls today ages 8, 5and 11 months...it was exhausting lol.

I haven't hardly even been on the internet the last 3 days. I know I had lost 3 lbs and Sunday I didn't count calories. I also didn't eat bad either. But by monday morning i had gained all 3 lbs back!!!!! I don't know why and let's say it's been a huge letdown. Reflecting the only thing I can think is I haven't drank as much water, could that cause weight gain even when my calories are on target (1300-1600)??? Anyway cuz I've been caught up I haven't really kept track of what I am eating etc. I feel I am failing at this. I have maintained same weight since Monday...not loss or gain. I just wish my life would calm down so i can concentrate and get back on track....ugh...

I knew I had better slow down and come on here and vent something and stay connected to you guys or I could easily slip. I'm determined not to let that happen this time so I came on here to keep myself motivated and in the game. Glad I did too.

Anyway, hope everyones week is going better than mine lol. Hopefully after this weekend things will settle and I can get where I want to be. Good luck all!!!

Angie
06-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Shan -- Good luck with the presentation! If you see the whoosh fairy, please ask her to get her butt back to Canada for a visit sometime soon.

Okay, for the sake of being accountable...I'm going to share my results for today. Lunch went well, I estimated it at around 500-600 calories. Dinner, my plan was to have a little of the things I wanted (Chinese buffet), but to fill up my plate with lots of veggies and protein. I did that, but my calories still come out to around 2300 for the day, minus my exercise (hopped on the treadmill for 30 min as soon as we got home!) of 300 calories, so it was still a 2000 calorie day (about 600 over my calorie budget). I think my sodium was not as bad as it could have been, I came in at 3100, which is not bad for 2 restaurant meals and one of them Chinese. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. This is my first off plan day in the last 2 weeks, so I hope the impact will not be that bad. Back on track again tomorrow.

Dog Rescue Mama
06-09-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm so upset. I've been doing great and was so excited to do first weigh in and my laptop died AGAIN and is in the shop AGAIN! No Internet access to be able to post my weigh inn, I'm so mad I got a freebie used! I so wanted to cry (ok so very emotional once a month haha) Sorry I let everybody down!

djs06
06-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Boatgirl and Angie, I feel your pain! I am recommitting today. I went to visit family last week and have been "vacation eating" since. I'm trying to take advantage of the appetite suppressant of the ridiculous heat and humidity we've been having. And since I skipped the gym this morning, I'm going tonight- which is fine, because I can leave work early today.

Let's do this, girls!!!

Sadly, I think I'll probably be posting a gain on Sunday, but maybe I'll be lucky...

ggmugsy
06-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Angie, Boatgirl, Rescue Mama, & djs06 - BIG HUG! If you have time, go back and read Peanutt's post from week 1. She talked about recognizing that she's human and not perfect, and that if you screw up, just begin again. You don't even have to wait until the next day. Like Angie - she recognized she'd had a bad calorie day - and then she got on the treadmill anyway!! Whoo-hoo!! That shows commitment!

Unfortunately, none of us are at the BL ranch right now. Wouldn't that be awesome to be isolated in a little bubble to keep real life from getting the way of weight loss progress?

My favorite quote lately is:
“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try 1 more time.”
- Thomas Edison

Chin up! Keep going!

ggmugsy
06-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Shan - I bet those little children are as cute as cute can be! Best of luck on Friday.

djs06
06-09-2011, 12:35 PM
You're so right, Mindy! I will go back and look for that post! Thanks for the motivation, you rock!

So, has anyone sent in audition tapes for the show? I have. :lol: That was an exercise in embarrassment!

ggmugsy
06-09-2011, 12:41 PM
OMG! How cool that you sent in an audition tape! Was it for the new season? I don't have the nerve to do anything like that. Getting up on that scale with my gut hanging out would make my heart stop!

CourtneyDaisey
06-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Good afternoon RED TEAM!!!

Pardon my lack of posting yesterday. My daughter wasn't feeling well so I stayed home with her. She's much better today and back to day care. although I did a couple of loads of laundry yesterday, most of it was spent sitting on the couch with Brenna. There was nothing that I did that could have counted as exercise. :( Sorry about that!

Today I am playing catch-up at work and trying to get done everythng that came to my inbox while I was out. So no treadmill on lunch break today. I went down the street to J Buffalo's and got a grilled chicken salad for lunch. They didn't have any fat free dressing options so I have regular blue cheese on my salad. But I am drinking water with it!

Thank heavens that tomorrow is FRIDAY! I am just so stressed out with my job right now that every hour of being here is painful. But I don't have much choice to do it and pretend I like it. :dizzy: But inside...I want to scream and run. I honestly feel like a fluffy bunny trapped in a hunting dog's pen today, looking for a way out and being blocked at every exit. Grrr. I really hate feeling this way.

djs06
06-09-2011, 03:26 PM
LMAO Mindy, yeah my gut was hanging all over the place. Yuck. I took the obligatory pictures and sat there and babbled on. Then I filled out the 12983719283 page application and send it to them. They told us to upload onto youtube, then they emailed and said it was viewed but I'm pretty sure they lied because the views didn't change. Haha. Oh well. It wasn't for this season, it was for awhile ago- probably sometime last year?

Courtney, I'm glad your daughter is feeling better! Your lunch sounds fabulous. Nom nom nom. Have a great, well-deserved weekend! :)

kneed2lose
06-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Hello Red Team!

Hope everyone is having a great week, I havent been getting proper sleep and its really messing with my motivation to go to the gym =/ Im really going to try to push it the rest of the week!

erin9598
06-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Well so far I am having a really off week. I tend to have a lot of problems with water retention and (TMI) I am now have problems with the bathroom.... I am trying stool softener at this point but that is not having the results I had hoped for. Since I weighed in on Saturday I have fluctuated up and down, and today I am still up. I don't think it is going to be a good week for me which stinks after coming off of a killer first week.

Incidentally I have always had huge losses in water weight like that just by making minimal corrections to my eating so 10 pounds right off the top did not really surprise me. Now to buckle down and hope that I can continue losing.

I will get to replies later today. I just wanted to check in since I have not had a chance this week, but my kids are really bugging me to go spend the afternoon at the beach. When I get home I will jump on and read everything.

shan84
06-09-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm up this week too right now but still (TOM). Hoping to see it go away though. I'm still on plan this week.

In 3 1/2 hours my little Ladybirds will be doing their sign language performance. So anxious and excited for them. They are going to have so much fun.

I'll check in later tonight with some pictures (i hope).

celrae
06-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Well so far I am having a really off week. I tend to have a lot of problems with water retention and (TMI) I am now have problems with the bathroom.... I am trying stool softener at this point but that is not having the results I had hoped for. Since I weighed in on Saturday I have fluctuated up and down, and today I am still up. I don't think it is going to be a good week for me which stinks after coming off of a killer first week.

I have been using Probiotics and digestive enzymes to help with these issues and have had amazing results.

SMSDREAMER2007
06-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Bad week for me..Kinda figured it would be when I had a 9 lb Loss on the scale NO WAY that was a true result and I was right. On monday the scale was back to 275 :\ On monday I ate white rice which started my I NEED CARBBSSSS binge like it always does Sigh. My diet nor my exercise has been on point this week. I will need to take a free pass this week because I will not be near a scale for the WI. I will be in a hotel in washington. Hoping to reverse some of this weeks damage over the next week :\

CourtneyDaisey
06-10-2011, 11:23 AM

Today is FRIDAY!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: Still, no rest for the weary today! I am planning on hitting the treadmill on lunch break today.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! :hug: to everyone!

djs06
06-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Erin, it must be something in the water; a lot of us are REALLY struggling this week! I find that lemon in water really helps me with water retention. Hang in there!

Shan, how cute! Can't wait to see pictures!

SMS, oh boy, do I feel your pain. My body likes to "let go" of a significant amount of water weight and suddenly bring it back. And I was on WW for awhile but just started counting calories again because I truly cannot have certain foods without it triggering a "carb me!" response and then all **** breaks loose. Hang in there, we all get you!

Courtney, look at you exercising on your lunch break! get on with your bad self! :)

Have a great weekend gals!

CourtneyDaisey
06-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks djs!!!! :)

I just got back from the treadmill. I did 1.6 miles at a speed of 3.2 for a half hour. Yay! :cheer: As I was coming down the stairs from the gym one of my co-workers out in the warehouse saw me. He waved and came over to me and asked what I'd been up to. I told him I'd just gotten off the treadmill while on lunch break. He high fived me and said, "That's my girl! Great job!" :D That made me feel good!

bethbeth
06-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Good morning ladies!

Well after being sick myself last week, this week my 10 month old has been very sick. I pretty much had to hold her constantly for a few days and nights. So I totally didn't get any exercise, just sat on the couch with her all day. But....I didn't eat a whole lot since I couldn't put her down.

And this morning had a surprise visitor, Aunt Flo. I haven't had very many visits from her since my daughter was born, so I never when she is coming exactly.

By some miracle the scale still is moving in the right direction, despite TOM and NO exercise this week.

Hopefully we can all stay healthy for awhile now!

Angie
06-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Morning all! I'm glad I weighed in yesterday as I had a .8 bounce this morning due to some high calories and high sodium yesterday. Darn samosas...why do people bring those things incredibly yummy things to work!? :D

djs06
06-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Courtney, it's always nice to have your efforts noticed! :)

Beth, congrats on the scale moving in the right direction despite the lack of exercise and hormones!

And Angie.. omg, I know exactly what you mean. Now I'm working in a much more health conscious office, which comes with its own annoyances, but I've definitely worked places where people like to feed their coworkers. And its because they don't want the stuff sitting around their house.. they want it on someone else's hips! :lol:

I can almost say I'm back on track... two days, counted calories and felt good. Haven't been back to the gym yet and I'm feeling pretty crummy about that, but now I'm back to the weight I was before I went to visit my family, and it didn't take that long! I'm about to record it, I wonder what my "start weight" was... hmm.

Rated
06-11-2011, 07:25 PM
I just weighed in and even though I lost it was a little dissapointing. I am down 1.4 pounds but I am up 0.2 pounds from Wed when I weighed myself. I did go out for a graduation dinner last night so I am hoping a lot of the weight is from water and sodium.

Kilikila
06-11-2011, 08:26 PM
I have been reading the threads, but haven't been posting, so I thought I would say hi!

Sat is my weigh day, and sad to say I put on a pound! :devil: I'm trying to be positive about it and I am going to say that it is one pound of muscle.....

The reality is, it think it may be how I have been eating. I have been pretty much on plan BUT I haven't been eating as many veggies, and I have also been skipping meals.

But on the positive I have gotten off my butt and started exercising this week! I have completed the first week of the couch to 5K (and you should see the hills I have to run!) and I have done rumba 6 days this week. Overall I am feeling healthy, and have lost at least one inch from my waist in the last month!

I am hoping that by increasing the amount of veggies and keeping up with the exercising I should be posting a nice loss next week!

CourtneyDaisey
06-12-2011, 09:43 AM

Rise and shine! It's weigh in day! So...how did you do? I lost 2.2 pounds this week! :cheer: I am so happy, especially since yesterday was a complete and total food blowout. I ate absolutely nothing healthy at all. Today's back on track with my eating though.

GO RED TEAM!!!!! :cheer:

shan84
06-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Courtney- congrats on your loss this week!

Good luck to everyone as today is weigh in day. Don't forget to post by 10pm AST!

shan84
06-12-2011, 01:25 PM
quick note to ALL:

Please do NOT repost your weigh in reply each week. Simply edit your original post. This is the same for the nutritional journal and exercise journal.

Thanks! This helps keeps everyone's numbers together and makes it easier to calculate totals when there are so many people on the team.

Good luck to all today!

Angie
06-12-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm down 2.8 for the week. My higher calorie plan has been going well, so I will continue it into next week. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

kris2008
06-12-2011, 05:26 PM
No need to apologize Dog Rescue Mama! You more than helped out with your second week weigh-in! Good for you!

Some folks are really doing great! For the others, you'll help to pull us up next week.

K3LL3Y
06-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Hello Red Team!

I didn't get in my total 10 miles this week but I had a good loss anyway. 3.7 lbs!!!
I'm super excited, I've crossed my half way point to my healthy weight goal :)
Can't wait to see all the results. I hope you are all having a nice Sunday.

Shay
06-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Okay, back from Richmond. I really would have liked to have seen healthier food options but I did okay this weekend. I posted my weigh in on Friday because I knew I wouldn't be able to weigh in this morning like I normally do.

erin9598
06-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Well that was a really bad week for me. It was insanely busy and I didn't always eat right... even when I did I was feeling off. I ended up .6 but I guess it could have been worse. I am hoping this coming week will show an improvement.

erin9598
06-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Celrae - I didn't even think of trying probiotics and digestive enzymes which is sad since my daughter takes them. I will have to try that today and see if that helps.

Angie- I am glad your higher calorie plan is working for you. Right now I have to almost be more careful that my calories don't drop too low as opposed to too high. I am glad that is working out for you.

Courtney - good job on the loss. I am glad some of you are out there making up for my small gain this week. :)

SMS - I think I am in the same position. I had such a huge loss of water initially I guess some of it was bound to come back. My body has always been really sensitive to any change in my diet leading to huge gains and losses in water. I went ahead and posted my minor gain this week knowing I don't want to use those freebies in case I have a worse week later. I sure would like to see a consistent slow loss as opposed to the up and down swings but I don't think my body works that way.

shan84
06-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Celrae- Please don't repost. I sent you a private message explaining this as well. Simply edit your previous post on page 1 of the weigh in thread. Thanks.

shan84
06-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I had a gain of 1.4lbs this week. Partly TOM and part that I needed more water and exercise this week. Going to work harder this next week. Good job to those who are posting losses.

And to everyone remember: Lose, Maintain, or Gain we are in this together.

shan84
06-12-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm posting week 3 threads about 30 minutes early. I'm going to be busy later this evening so I wanted to get things up so we can get going on week 3.