Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #1  

Default New here

I have wanted to come here and post b4 but never really got the nerve to do it but i am doing it now

I am looing to lose 150lbs and i know that its not gonna happen in a day and i don't expect it to.. my main problem is sticking with a diet and not falling off the wagon so i would like to become friends with you all and we could help support each other through our weight loss.. i have a wonderful husband who supports me but he doesn't know what its like to be fatty

I am hopeing to find some yummie recipes

SouthernFattyy
SouthernFattyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #2  
300+ Chick

Welcome!! Good luck with your efforts!! YOU can do this!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Southern and Welcome to 3FC =)

I think the real problem behind not "sticking with a diet" is the diet idea.

The word diet tends to invoke this "perfect" mentality. We have to be perfect while we're on a diet, and we can't wait to be off the diet so we no longer have to be perfect. And goodness forbid we make a mistake while trying to be so perfect, well then what's the point? We might as well give up as we'll never be perfect.

What we really have to give up is expecting to be perfect. No matter what type of plan you choose, there are going to be days when something happens... a mistake... a poor choice... a crazy situation that we don't have a lot of control over. Life isn't perfect, and expecting ourselves to be is unrealistic and leads to STAYING off the wagon.

After all, everyone falls off the wagon, the difference is that the people who get up and get back on the wagon after a stumble still make it to their destination.

Don't expect perfection, expect improvements. Expect that one poor choice does not ruin a day, nor does it ruin a week. It's just one choice out of hundreds that we can be making towards bettering our health.

Tell us about what your plan is this time around. About what choices you'd like to make towards being healthier and losing some weight.

We might all come from different walks of life, have different amounts to lose, have different ideas about our plans, but we each want every single person to achieve their healthy goals.

Look around. Post wherever you're comfortable. Can't wait to get to know you better!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote