General Diet Plans and Questions - Anyone want to start a 30 day challenge?

jillnicole03
06-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Hey everyone... just wanted to see if anyone would like to start a new self challenge, whatever personal challenge for yourself is fine, and we can check back in here for team support? :hug:

My personal challenge is to stick to the McDougall MWL Diet (book) for 30 days at least 98% of the time :cheer2:

Sakai
06-05-2011, 12:46 AM
I'm in.
My goal is sticking to my work out schedule of three times a week or more. @.@ I use to be so active...I can't believe how hard it is to get back into it.

jillnicole03
06-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Sakai-- Great!! I definitely need to start working out!! I love walking but live in a ghetto area now so I don't leave my house lol I need to start my Turbo Jam videos or something! :)

Michigan Jen
06-05-2011, 12:55 AM
I'd love to! I want to lose at least 10 pounds. I've been trying the Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred... I can get about half way in before I feel like dying. I also want to eat healthier.

Side note, Sakai... LOVE your avatar... I'm obsessed with penguins, lol.

aussienerd
06-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Im in!!!!
My challenge is to eat more fruit/veggies and less junkk food also to exercise more gotta keep training for half a Marathon at the end of August :p:carrot:

jillnicole03
06-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Brown-- Love your avatar picture! Super cute! You can do it!!
I'm doing the McDougall diet and it is a whole foods, natural foods diet :)

Michigan Jen-- My friend is doing that video also, she loves it & it gets her burning for sure!
Great job! I need to start doing my turbo Jam again, I tried it the other day and was dying at 5 mins
lol WOW!

Aussienerd: Great! My diet is just certain whole grains, fruit, veggies, poatatoes and legumes basically... so I def going to start eating lots more veggies & fruits also! Had some cantaloupe and pineapple today :) Yum!

& WELCOME LADIES, glad to have you as much support for each other as possible! :df:

What does everyone think about a Friday weigh in each week?

Michigan Jen
06-05-2011, 07:48 PM
I was very bad today. I had a friend come over and we made veggie nachos... which wasn't TOO bad... but I dunno, after she left I looked in the fridge and the really good hot dogs were calling me... so I had two. Bah. And a salad. I'm so baaaad. I hate myself. My self control is zero.

Anyway, I plan on doing as much 30 day shred tonight as I can. I have a good soreness in my legs from yesterday... I kinda like it because it makes me feel like I actually did something.

Hope you all had a great Sunday! <3

Michigan Jen
06-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I love a Friday weigh in! I'm in for that!

jillnicole03
06-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Michigan Jen-- Sorry you had a 'bad' day :) Do you like the turkey hot dogs? Those are much better nutritionally, maybe trading them out would help you not to feel bad when you eat them?

I started a blog today, I did one before and it helped me stick to plan:
http://jillnicole03.jigsy.com/

Sakai
06-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Veggie hot dogs!
I tried the veggie hot dogs (I think they were vegan even) And guess what....it tatested like a hot dog @.@ Kinda makes you wonder what they put in the meat ones. So I don't think we'll be buying anything other than the veggie hot dogs when we want a treat like that.
This past year and half I've been working on becoming a vegitarian. I've tried more new things this past 16 months than I have in a long time. Though I still eat meat, it's nowhere near the amount as before. I'm also wanting to stick to a whole food diet...but baby steps.
I exercised today! so I'm off to a good start.

sacal96
06-05-2011, 11:30 PM
I'd love to join! My goal is to get on the elliptical at least once a day every day! And to limit myself to 2 diet cokes a day (with breakfast and dinner) and the rest of the time drink water!

sheramama
06-05-2011, 11:37 PM
I want to join 2! My goal for the month is to exercise 4x a week for 30 min, to stay on my points, and to lose 15lbs. Oh yeah and to keep night eating/binging to a min.

Nice to meet u all.

jillnicole03
06-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Sakai-- great job! Yeah eating less animal products really can help on a diet and with health :)

Sacal96-- Glad to have you! One thing that helps me drink more water is drinking 2 32ounce waterbottles a day, instead of 4 16ounce bottles... lol its funny but it really helps, and whenever I want something yummy to drink I have a Crystal Light.

Sheramama-- Sounds good! :wave: I want to lose 15lbs too! Hopefully we will reach that goal together!! :)

chubbchum
06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Hope it's not too late, but I think it'd be fantastic to join as well.

I'd like to make sure I go to the gym 4x a week, and don't break my healthy eating. It's simplistic, but in light of my recent habits it should make a biiig difference.

jillnicole03
06-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Chubbchum-- Never to late to join in :) Simple habits are the easiest to keep so that sounds great! And gym 4x a week is awesome!! :cheer2:

Serval87
06-06-2011, 02:34 PM
I will try to join. :)

I'd like to exercise at least 5xs a week, and cut down a bit on my junk food. I can't cut it out completely, because we are on foodstamps, and hubby went with me to grocery shop Saturday (I'm sure you see where I'm going with this lol).

jillnicole03
06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Serval87-- Great :) & totally understand, just change the things that you can, everything helps, and 5x working out can help make up for whatever you eat :D

Michigan Jen
06-06-2011, 05:28 PM
So... I had a 12 inch sub from Subway today. I was famished when I ate it... so I ate the whole thing. It was on italian bread... turkey, lettuce, pickles, mayo and mustard.

While I don't feel TOO bad eating it (there are so many worse choices out there lol) I don't feel particularly happy.

I didn't do the shred yesterday, either. I really am kicking myself. I need to get my act in gear here.

My battle with food is just terrible you guys. I think I have an addiction... seriously. Bahhhhh.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is having a super day! <3

jillnicole03
06-06-2011, 07:45 PM
JEN-- Definitely could have been worse, I worked at Subway my senior year of school and lost like 30 lbs doing the Subway diet... so no worries, just try to choose wheat as much as you can, and play with the sauces to save calories. I always liked mustard & sweet onion sauce together :)

Goodjessie004
06-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Can I join???? My goal is to continue eating under 1300 calories per day, kickboxing 5 times a week, and a positive state of mind!!! Current weight is 181 goal by my birthday July 4~ 171

sacal96
06-06-2011, 10:06 PM
I didn't do so hot today either... Didn't hit the elliptical.. and had 3 diet cokes.. but I did dance around and got a lot done. worked up a sweat! haha! Definitely need to get my butt in gear too!!

jillnicole03
06-07-2011, 02:29 AM
GoodJessie-- definitely! Those are great goals!! :) Welcome!

Sacal-- Glad you got in some fun at least!! :) I need to start dancing around too! Def a mood booster :D

jillnicole03
06-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Good Morning all :) So far eating whole foods & on plan is going good :) Hopefully I dont get bored with it! How's everyone?

sheramama
06-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm good...yesterday not so good. I ate pizza as in 2.5 slices though I blotted in until it was as flat as a pancake. I really didn't eat much else all day, hence the pizza eating. I did play basketball and walked to the park (over a mile) with my daughter's 1st grade class as my exercise.

Today I did my mini carb load before getting rid of it for a week--stayed on points. I still have to exercise tonight.

jillnicole03-u, me, 15lbs. We are gonna rock it off :)

Hope everyone else had a great one!

jillnicole03
06-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Sheramama-- Pizzas a hard one to turn down!! Good job on the blotting! I'll throw rocks at it, if it doesnt get off ;) LOL

sheramama
06-07-2011, 11:03 PM
I just did Wii Just Dance 2 on sweat-1/2 an hr or so. Not the most intense work out obviously (and also my 7yr old's video game) but it was at least something. I need to ease into exercise instead of jumping into it and hurting myself (like i always do).

jillnicole03
06-07-2011, 11:44 PM
That is stilll exercise! Gets my heart rate up for sure!!

sheramama
06-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Today I went over my points but can use banked ones (went over by 8-old WW style) but was running after my client ALL DAY in the heat yikes. Tomorrow is my daughter's field day and I'll be running around for at least 2 hrs doing that too.

jillnicole03
06-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Well then it sounds like you're still doing great, because even though you went over you're points you still have your extra ones :D those can totally be a saviour sometimes! plus all that exercise... woop woop

Sakai
06-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Argh! i was so horrible over my weekend. and I do this EVERY weekend. Because I work the night shift, On my weekends I'm up in the middle of the night. Their's not much to do and I ALWAYS go OFF PLAN. and it ticks me off to no end on my Monday. I guess I get bored and when I get bored I munch and munch on baaaad things. Maybe I should add "Having a healthy weekend" on my goals for this month. I don't even want to weigh myself for a while. I didn't do any sort of work-out to put salt in the wounds. Though I plan on working out later today when I get up, before work.
sheesh....defeated >.<

tiffanylee
06-09-2011, 01:48 PM
can i join? i need to work on my working out.. i have been a slacker!! also, binging on sweets.. thats my weakness!

sheramama
06-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Sakai, dont' beat yourself up! Why don't you put out things out that you can munch on, so you'll reach for them 1st?

Welcome Tiffany!

darius
06-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I'd like to join in even though I'm 5 days late. I just saw this thread today. I want to increase the intensity of my daily exercise - I am currently doing a modified C25K - and control my intake of junk food, binging on snacks and sweets etc.

Sakai
06-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Sheramama- I know, I try hard not to.
I got up and did a 20 minute work-out. I wanted to do more, but I know I need to start of slow and easy until my body gets back into it. Otherwise I'll be too sore to move. I realize i stick to my exersices better when It's the work week, I guess I'm a schedule type of person.

jillnicole03
06-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Sakai.. I eat when I'm bored too! I hate that :/ trying really hard to overcome it.

TiffanyLee.. Welcome :) Maybe if you try to tell us whenever you do and dont workout it will help you be more accountable? :)

Darius... Welcome :) C25K is so awesome! Good for you :)

TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN DAY :)

jillnicole03
06-10-2011, 12:14 PM
For everyone participating in Friday weigh-in day... today is the day :)
If you are not up to putting weigh-ins online yet, then that is completely fine too.. you can always just post how you did so far with your personal goals this week :D
:dust:

So I've been looking forward to my first weigh in since I started the McDougall diet, looking forward to weighing in rarely happens lol! Just so you all know I'm not weird ;)

Last Weigh in: 227 lbs
Today Weigh in: 220 lbs

sheramama
06-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Okay, I forgot to weigh myself this morning. It was one of those hectic days (we missed the bus, I had to run to the office before work, you get the idea). I did however, do awesome on my points today and even did Wii Just Dance 2 on their sweat mode on intense for 8 songs. I earned back 4 WW points. Yesterday I got my period and ended up eating junk at night, not a full binge but enough to go over. Augh. But, I am proud of myself nevertheless today.

Jillnichole03: AWESOME on the 7lb weight loss!!!! U only have 8 lbs more for the 15 this month and still have 3 more weeks...WHOO HOOO!!!!!!

I hope everyone else is doing great!

Summerbear
06-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Ok so it sounds like a great idea to create new goals ..... So I'm am jumping aboard too! I need to start working out too, I love my just dance on the wii. So I will let you know how this is going!:exercise::exercise::exercise::exercise::exe rcise:

Sakai
06-10-2011, 10:50 PM
232 today... meanin I gained this week. Up 3 pounds. -.- the only good thing is that I know i was bad so it wasn't like I did lots of work and have nothing to show for it.
I have three days to work back to 229 before my weekend comes again. This time I'm really going to try hard this weekend to not fog eat because I'm bored. I'm going to keep busy so i don't get bored. (and hopefully my house will be cleaner for it lol)
Jillnichole03- Look at you, butt-kicker, woot!

darius
06-11-2011, 01:00 AM
278 pounds, unchanged from last Friday. This is my second day on the JillNicole 30 day Challenge so I hope to have good progress to report next Friday.

jillnicole03
06-11-2011, 02:17 AM
SheraMama... I don't weigh if TOM is here, always messes up the scale anyways :) You sound like
you did great none the less, and we are all proud of you too :) & Thank you!!

Summerbear... Wonderful to have you on board :)! & a couple others have Wii too, I use to but when I moved
I let the ex keep it lol booo

Sakai... I know you can do it! Eating when bored is sooo hard. There is this book called The Beck Diet that is
suppose to help with that, just haven't got around to reading it yet :) (& Thankyou!!)

Darius... What would you realisticly like to lose by next weigh in? sometimes I have to set the goal to actually achieve it. :cheer2:

darius
06-11-2011, 03:54 AM
Darius... What would you realisticly like to lose by next weigh in? sometimes I have to set the goal to actually achieve it.

Yes you're right, I should probably have a weekly goal. Right now, my goal for the entire 30 day challenge is 5 kg (11 pounds).

sheramama
06-11-2011, 09:26 AM
I weighed in:
Start: 255
Week1: 252
(-3)
--I am hoping there's another lb or two that's just bloat!

jillnicole03
06-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Darius... Well you can try to lose 2-3 lbs per week :) Do you have small goals too? Like drinking a certain amount of water everyday, adding more veggies into your meals, stuff like that?

SheraMama... Great Job! I always have a 5lb difference lol the first couple days.. yuck!

One of my goals is to drink at least 64 ounces of water a day, and I'm doing it but I don't like it lol :D

sacal96
06-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Well I didn't lose anything this week.. but I didn't work hard enough at it either. No work no reward haha. Congrats to everyone who did lose tho!

I do have one brag point though..
My fiance has been giving me crap about only being able to do 16/17 minutes on the elliptical when he had never been on it! Well he attempted to use it last night and made it 3 minutes before he got off...

Not so easy is it?? hahaha! :devil: :devil:

jillnicole03
06-11-2011, 06:08 PM
sacal... haha! that is AWESOME!

sheramama
06-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Today, oh wait I suppose it was yesterday technically bc its past midnight-I didn't do as well as i wanted. It started okay, but it was my son's pre-k picnic. I ate some rice, 1/4 cup (about) of mac and cheese) and had 3 pts worth of cornchips. There really wasn't anything healthy and I don't eat burgers.

I had a snack attack later (still blaming TOM) with cheetos 5 pts worth and a ding dong (which even though isn't my fav was the only chocolate in the house). Overall, I went over my target pts by 4.

I did exercise 2 x with the Wii Just dance-1st time with my daughter for 20 min-had to stop bc she just needed to see the new ICarly augh. Then just finished when everyone went to bed for another 40. At least I burned my excess pts.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Socal-great job with the eliptical and ur man. I love those "nah nah nanah nah" moments.

Summerbear: we should set a Just Dance goal together! I have it on intense sweat, but double the sweat points.

JillNichole: Thanks for the vote of confidence!

jillnicole03
06-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Sheramama... Even though you ate a little different than you wanted you still only went over 4 pts, that is a really good job I think, and you burned those points off :) Its always hard going out and being surrounded by yummy food (or sometimes food that looks yummy and ends up being crappy lol) so I think you did a good job. :)

sheramama
06-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Today, I ate within my points, but was more carb vs protein. Plus, I did snack a bit, not much but enough. I honestly feel like crap. It's amazing how quickly my body adapted to "healthier" eating and is protesting against the junk.

I bought Jillian's 30 day shred today bc of everyone talking about it. I'm going to view it tonight ( i need to find weights in the house that are not my guys and are light enough). Today, I will prob stick with Just Dance since my kids are currently at war with each other lol.

Sakai
06-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Okay. I didn't have a work-out today, but I did 4 programs this week and that's pretty amazing for me. still kinda bummed about the weight that won't shift but I'm trying to not let that drag me down, but rather keep me going to try harder.
After work tonight my weekend starts and it's the weekend that I have the most issues. So I've made me a timeline of activities to fall back on the moment I get bored. I think I'll visit 3FC often when I need a boost. ^.^

Live Laugh Love
06-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Hi everyone. I hope you don't mind if I join. My goal is to stay within my calorie range, which is 1200-1550. I have been having some trouble with this due to stress. I am definitely an emotional eater. I haven't weighed myself in a few days but last time I was 203.6. My main problem is overeating at dinner time. So my second goal is to keep the dinner to a light meal. I also need to drink at least 64 oz. of water (usually no problem, but since I'm off of work for the summer it's been an issue). I also would like to exercise at least 4 days per week, but food intake is my main focus. For exercise I plan on rotating walking on the treadmill, Jillian Michael's Shred it With Weights, and Zumba on the Wii. I'm not going to set a specific goal for weight. I figure if I control my eating and water intake and get in some exercise it should start to go down a bit.

jillnicole03
06-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Sheramama... awesome, let us know how you like it! :)

Sakai... glad you did well this week, sorry about the plateau... what is some of the things to do if you get bored? :p I get bored a lot lol

LiveLaughLove... of course we would love to have you :cheer2: I have a problem with night eating too, so I try to eat smaller meals for bf and lunch so I have more calories for night :)

I love reading all of your posts, everyone is moving those buns WAY more than me lol boyfriend & I went on a nice walk today tho, and played cards for a few hours (crazy 8's) it was a lot of fun, and I was so into it I didn't even eat my usual snack lol yay to being busy for once! That doesn't happen a lot lately!

darius
06-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Had a bad weekend; was 3 pounds up monday morning. Had a good workout yesterday and this morning (tuesday) I am one pound down, and headed out to do another workout this morning. I think this is going to be a good week.

sheramama
06-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Today...I stayed under my points and ate healthy for the most part (except the strawberry pie the kids and I made yesterday-lowfat crust, low cal cool whip, crushed pinapple, strawberries, non-fat pudding and no sugar jello). Even with that I did good...whoo hoo. I just chewed gum like a fiend all day. Then I did Wii Just Dance for an hr and a half-whew. Yesterday, I didn't get a chance to check out the dvd. Maybe I will have a chance tue.

Live Laugh Love: Have you tried the 30 day shred?

Darius: Good Job!

JillNicole: Walking is still exercise and the time with he bf is a bonus. Not snacking too is fantastic!

sheramama
06-14-2011, 08:07 PM
I hope everyone is doing great!

I think I'm obsessed with Wii Just Dance 2. No really. If I wasn't sore, I would have done more than an hour, just to beat one of my own scores. Even my kids are getting bored with it lol.

I ate under my points again which is fantastic for me. I snacked only 2x (1 nature valley granola thins with choc (2 pts) and 3 Goya Maria Cookies with 1/2 tsp of Nutella total (2 pts). I had the Choc. Chip Mint Desert Gum after-which I should have had first-and it was soooo good. Like I felt like I was cheating on my diet good. I highly recommend it!

jillnicole03
06-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Darius... Great to not letting that little gain stop you! Keep up the great workouts!! I hope this week is as good as you predicted ;)

Sheramama.... The pie sounds yummy and as healthy as you can get it! Good job :) I like Just Dance (my friend brings it over all the time) but is what I don't like is I can't stop thinking about my body shaking all over :/
I'll have to buy that gum soon! :))

As for me, I'm still doing good on my 30 day McDougall plan. I'm tired of drinking water though lol.. but that's ok. I made a big batch of Split Pea Soup yesterday, it's really good! I got it off of a vegetarian website that I like, I think my boyfriend would much prefer if it had the ham in it lol but I told him he can go buy some garlic bread to dip in... mmm... I'll have to make sure and not watch him eat the bread :/ haha

jillnicole03
06-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Sacal... HOw have you been doing with the elliptical? Drinking lots of water? :)

MichiganJen... How's the Jillian Michaels workout going? Feeling better at the workout yet?

LiveLoveLaugh... How have you been doing with your calories the last few days? :) Hope your week is going well!

sheramama
06-15-2011, 07:59 PM
JillNichole: Do not let the jiggle get you down! (I kick my guy out of the room until I'm done though). My best friend is 110lbs-on a fat day- and I dont even let that bother me when we do it! Great job on the diet...Water gets easier. Try adding lemon or lime slices or even orange to zest it up.

I did rather well...been chewing gum like a fiend again. I had a freeze pop and 1/2 tsp of Nutella as my cheats...with only 1 pt of cheating. I even went to Wendy's which is the ONLY fast food besides pizza I'll eat and got the side salad. I brought my water, light string cheese, and apricot strips :) I had to smash the voice that cried french fries which I had 5 small ones( 2 pts.) But I was able to stop, something I would have not been able to do 2 weeks ago!

Keep the momentum going everyone....WE CAN DO IT!

jillnicole03
06-16-2011, 11:30 AM
I do need to try some fruit slices, I've thought of that just haven't yet. I love lime :)) Yum.... I haven't tried Nutella but it looks so yummy! I love the caesar side salad at Wendy's. Good job on overcoming.

:dust: for Thursday :)

Live Laugh Love
06-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Jill Ė thatís what Iíve been trying to do also. I just joined WW today, so now my goal is to keep at least half of my points for dinner. Iíve been doing really well with calories since Monday. Now Iíll be tracking points. I am a little over my daily points today, but itís okay because I have all of my extra weekly allowance points so it just took a few of those.

Sheramama Ė Yes I have tried 30 day shred. I actually have the DVD, for some reason it stopped working in the DVD player in my living room so I thought something was wrong with it, but it plays on the one in my room. I just donít have much space in there to move around. I had started using Shred it With Weights and like that one also, so I figured Iíll stick with this one for a while and when I get bored Iíll switch back to 30DS. I also see that you mentioned points. Are you doing WW? I just joined online today. I finally decided it was worth spending the money.

Mmmm...this talk of nutella is making me a little hungry. I think I will have some for breakfast tomorrow. It feels like more of a dessert to me. I usually eat it on toast with a serving of low fat yogurt, granola, and fruit. So the past few days have been a bit busier than I expected. I had to go do some observations for class at my work's summer school program. Then I was so tired from waking up early again that I've been taking naps in the middle of the day lol. I've exercised twice this week, Shred it With Weights, and plan on getting a workout in tonight as well. I'm really looking forward to doing Weight Watchers, since I usually don't keep track of fat, protein, fiber, or carbs when I track calories. This should help me, hopefully, learn to eat a more balanced diet. I decided to make Fridays my weigh-in day instead of Mondays, so hoping to see some kind of drop in the scale tomorrow morning!

jillnicole03
06-16-2011, 09:36 PM
LiveLoveLaugh.. sounds like exercise is going great! :cheer2:

Tomorrow is weigh in everyone :)

sheramama
06-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Live Laugh Love: Yes, I've been doing WW at home (old school version) for 2 weeks now. I did it a few yrs ago, lost about 20 lbs and of course, went right back into my old eating habits. Surprise, Surprise, I gained them back plus some. But, I've been diligent. I think I mostly stuck with the old one bc I already have everything and I am so used to calculating those points...I dont always like change lol. Awesome job exercising...I will try the shred when I have 30 straight days to do it. (We're doing a mini vacation with the kids to Hershey in less than a month)

JillNichole: Thanx! I'm telling you Nutella curbs all my choc cravings with less than a tsp...Amazing stuff lol.

Today, I kept under my pts, walked for 1.5 hrs (though at a slow pace) with my client and his daycare class, then did half hr of Just Dance. My arms are getting sore...I think I need to move to legs tomorrow or do something else. I plan on doing Carment Electra's dvd tomorrow when the kiddie's go to sleep...the last thing I need is for them to be walking around smacking their bootie. (Yes, it did happen. When my daughter was 4. Her dad did not find it as hilarious as I did lol).

Good luck tomorrow everyone! Weigh in day...Ahhh.

jillnicole03
06-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Sheramama... hope the Carmen Electra tape goes well :) My friend did it once after we went out and had a couple drinks, it was so funny... we were buzzed so that obviously made a difference lol and her boyfriends friends were over, so it ruined it for me!

WEIGH IN TODAY, hope everyone does well... and if not, at least with your personal goals :)

Todays weight: 215
4.5 lbs lost :) yay

sheramama
06-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Weigh In... *drum roll* *grimace*

Start: 255
Week 1: 252 (-3)
Week 2: 247 (-5)

Total lost: 8lbs...6 more to my 30 day goal! *whew*

JillNicole: Great job! You're almost there!

jillnicole03
06-17-2011, 04:39 PM
:cheer2: 5lbs great loss!

darius
06-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Gained 3 pounds last weekend and lost 2 this week. I am going to try to do better this weekend.

Sakai
06-17-2011, 09:21 PM
232..no change really. Ugh.
I was okay this weekend...not good, but better than normal.
I believe my TOM is on it's way, this is why my weight isn't moving. I always backpedal a few pounds when my TOM is close by.

jillnicole03
06-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Darius.... good job on not letting the gain get the best of you, you almost have it all off so quick :) good job!

Sakai... my toms lurking too... blah!

sheramama
06-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Yesterday, I actually went to the kid's Little League picnic and didn't have anything but water. However, I ended up eating a bunch of spaghetti later (whole wheat but still) in almost binge fashion. AURGH!!!!! My body must have been screaming for carbs and broke me down. :o:o:o Yes, I went over my points by 7! And ofcourse I ate it really late; I actually woke up at 11 to. It was like sleepwalking almost, that compelling. :mad:

Oh yeah, did I mention I didn't work out? Besides the 30 min walk with the daycare kids, I did NOTHING.

So today, I ate under. I did 30 min or more of Just Dance (lost count after 9 songs) then 30 min of Carmen Electra.

I hope everyone is doing better than I did!

jillnicole03
06-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Sheramama... good job fixing it today :) thats the quickest way to nip it in the butt lol... whole wheat spaghetti fills me up pretty fast so I never fill guilty about eating it, but I eat it with just sauce and veggies, none of the good stuff LOL

Live Laugh Love
06-19-2011, 05:02 PM
So my weigh in was okay.
SW: 203.6
CW: 203.4 (-.2)
At least it wasn't a gain!

So I haven't exercised yesterday or today. Was going to yesterday but was way too sore from the Tae Bo I did Friday. I couldn't even sleep Friday night because my back was hurting so bad. I already have a back problem, so muscle soreness makes it so much harder to deal with. My doctor prescribed me Lodine to take when the pain flares up, so I took one before bed last night and that helped ease the pain so that I could sleep. My boyfriend and I got some bad news this morning. His grandma is back in the hospital. She has cancer and has been battling it since last summer and she had finally been staying at home again. This morning when she got out of bed she collapsed and was unresponsive. She's in the hospital now and moving her arms and legs, but she cannot talk at the moment. They thing she had a stroke, but it could also be the cancer spreading to her brain. They are not sure yet. So, I am already over my points as I had Subway for lunch which took up 24 pts. Will eat a small snack for dinner tonight. Praying for good news and a better tomorrow.

darius
06-19-2011, 09:33 PM
It's monday morning here.
I didn't lose anything over the weekend but more importantly, I didn't gain anything.
I've got maintenance down pat, now all I have to do is start losing again.

jillnicole03
06-20-2011, 12:53 PM
LiveLaughLove... hope everything turns out ok <3 that actually happened to my grandma too. what'd you have at Subway that was so many points?

Darius... :cheer2: yay on getting your maintenance more stable, you can do it!

Hope everyone had a great weekened!!

Live Laugh Love
06-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Jill, I had a foot long grilled chicken on flat bread with american cheese. I also had a bag of the garden salsa sun chips. The foot long flat bread was 12 points by itself. I really need to start getting a 6-in instead when I go to Subway. I usually don't get any chips, but I was craving them and gave in. I just absolutely LOVE the flat bread, it's got that little bit of sweetness to it.

sheramama
06-20-2011, 05:43 PM
LiveLaughLove: Good luck with everything. Keep being positive. Also: You didn't gain and even that little bit counts. Good job!

Darius: I would rather stay the same then go up. Great!

As for me, I didn't eat great yesterday. I mean it was all healthy, but I went over my points. I did get in a 45 min workout too. Today, I have been great. I ate cleanly, drank my water, and will be working out when the kiddies go to bed. I'm thinking of digging out the tae bo...I do have a deep love for Billy Blanks lol.

I am a little disappointed that I still can't add a signature...it's been 20 days too...*sigh* Maybe soon.

Much love to the rest of the group...Keep going!

jillnicole03
06-20-2011, 06:07 PM
LiveLaughLove... ohhh sounds good :) I never even tried that bread because I dont want to like it LOL
My boyfriend loves that too tho, he can eat whatever he wants (grr) salami is my difficult food item at
Subway. I dont even allow it in my house, because it will be GONE that day lol

Sheramama... I like the 8 min tae bo lol then again i love only 8 minutes ;) I cant remember how long
it takes to get a signature, but I remember I didnt like the wait either :(

I'm feeling super cruddy today, TOM is lurking. Trying to do well eating though, luckily not craving sweets or anything, just feeling a little hungrier than usual.

Live Laugh Love
06-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Sherimama: That's really weird that you can't add a signature yet if it's already been 20 days. I was able to when I hit 20 days and I have a lot less posts than you. Hopefully within the next few days you'll be able to.

Jill: I wish i would have never tried it. I don't like getting the grilled chicken on any other bread anymore. I do like the turkey and cheese on wheat though, so I might start getting that sometimes too instead of always getting the chicken.

darius
06-20-2011, 06:43 PM
What is flat bread? Is that something new? I haven't lived in the US in 8 years but I still go back there occasionally and I have not heard of flat bread. After reading your descriptions, now I want to try it.

sheramama
06-20-2011, 08:54 PM
***You guys are making me want Subway!***

darius
06-21-2011, 12:25 AM
I am a little disappointed that I still can't add a signature...it's been 20 days too...*sigh* Maybe soon.

Yeah me too; I want to be able to add a signature. I think I will have 20 days sometime around the end of june. I don't remember my actual start date.

jillnicole03
06-21-2011, 12:21 PM
LOL that's funny, everyone wanting Subway now! I worked there Senior year. That's how I started losing weight for the first time. I think I lost around 50 lbs senior year eating a 6in for lunch and dinner, and walking to work and back. :) But I was strict on wheat bread, no cheese, only the low cal sauce and all that.

If it helps the chicken breast isn't all chicken, it's also rib meat :) lol

darius
06-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Well I am down to 279 today - I had a delayed reaction to my weekend exercising and diet observance. I am glad that I did not gain this past weekend like I did the weekend before last.

sheramama
06-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Great job, Darius! *cross fingers for sig* I don't know why I want it so badly, but I do!!!!

I did some tae bo yesterday and ate clean again today. I better see some lower numbers come Fri!

Live Laugh Love
06-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Jill – Ha, I never knew that their chicken was part rib meat. Learn something new every day. Maybe I will start getting the turkey instead.
Darius – Congrats on the loss!
Sheramama – Good job staying on plan…I still haven’t exercised since Friday. I plan on walking 2 miles on the treadmill in the morning. I bought one a few months ago and have it crammed in my room and I rarely had the opportunity to use it. Now that I have the time, my room is a mess and I have stuff on top of it. I’m gonna try to clean up a bit tomorrow so that I can start using it again (I have it right by my TV so that should help me stay on longer)
So today went pretty good. I had an early lunch (instead of breakfast since I slept late) and was craving French fries. I haven’t had them in over 2 weeks (and they’re my favorite food) so I decided to get Rally’s. Definitely learned my lesson…I didn’t look up the points before hand and the 3 pc tenders were 24 points. I knew they would be high but I wasn’t thinking over 20. I definitely need to get used to the points system. So I had a very light dinner tonight and only went over 1 point on the daily allowance. Now back to watching Pretty Little Liars!

darius
06-21-2011, 09:45 PM
I did some tae bo yesterday and ate clean again today. I better see some lower numbers come Fri!

Me too, I have stayed on plan this week and been doing my C25K regularly so I hope my Friday weigh-in beats last week....

sheramama
06-22-2011, 12:14 AM
I forwent (is that even a word?) Tae Bo bc I was lazy. I did Wii instead for 8 or 9 songs and had to stop since my youngest wanted to sleep. At least I sweated.

Oh yeah...I got my sig...as you can see. Ah, the little things in life.

darius
06-22-2011, 12:16 AM
Oh yeah...I got my sig...as you can see. Ah, the little things in life.

Hey congratulations it looks terrific!

jillnicole03
06-22-2011, 01:55 PM
:dust: hoping for good numbers for all this Friday!! :cheer2:
TOM is late for me, so may not have any weight loss this week, but still staying on plan :)

Sheramama... Congrats on the sig! Looks wonderful :D

sheramama
06-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Darius and jillnicole: Thanks!

I weighed myself this morning and I am at a standstill. I did well eating until I ate icecream. Now I don't usually crave it, but I was getting it for everyone else and yeah...1/2 cup later with 2 tsp of choc syrup later...I'm feeling guilty. I was going to skip working out bc work burned me out today (sooo tired), but now I can't. I have to actually do more twice as much to make up for it. Maybe next time I'll learn.

Hope you guys are making better choices then I did!

darius
06-23-2011, 04:41 AM
Hope you guys are making better choices then I did!

Actually I am on some crazy grapefruit-egg diet in another thread. It's very rigorous and demanding but I am going along with it. I don't recommend it for everyone (especially anyone who had to go out and work a full time job in a factory or outside etc).

I've never done a diet like this before and I wanted to try it to break out of the plateau I was on; I seemed to be gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for 2 weeks. Have you ever had one of those? They're so frustrating.

jillnicole03
06-23-2011, 07:33 PM
TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN

Live Laugh Love
06-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Hey everyone. Tomorrow is weigh in!! (Which means my weekly points start over). I ended up doing pretty good. I finished using up all my weekly points tonight without going over. So I had earned 9 activity points, and didn't dip into them this week! I was really happy about that because I was over quite a few days and was worried about running out of weekly points. I think I'm getting the hang of the WW points thing now though and I'm making better choices. The scale was 2.4 lbs down this morning so hoping it'll stick for tomorrow! Good luck everyone!

sheramama
06-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Darius: I have gone on insane diets before: cabbage soup diet (augh), banana diet, 4-day wonder diet (though that crash one did work wonders). They were all terrible. I just can't do them anymore.

LiveLaughLove: Fantastic job on WW! Whoo hoo!

I didn't do horrible today; I stayed within my pts but didn't use them the way I should ie more carbs then I should have. But, we'll see tomorrow. I may not be able to post tomorrow, but if I don't, I will post my Fri weight Sat morning. The kids and I are going to Knoebels--amusement park--and last time I came home and passed out. LOL.

darius
06-24-2011, 02:00 AM
OK it is Friday morning US east coast (Friday afternoon where I am).
For my friday weighin, I am about 7-8 pounds under last Friday. It sounds like a lot but in actuality I think it is about 2 pounds lard and 5 pounds water.
It turned hot here, and I have been doing daily C25K, plowing my mother-in-law's field, and basically shedding water like some kind of farm animal.
But today is much better than 2 weeks ago when I gained 3 pounds over the weekend.

jillnicole03
06-24-2011, 12:39 PM
LiveLaughLove... yay, sounds like your getting WW down pat! :cheer2:

Sheramama... have fun at the amusement park!! :)

Darius... Congrats, sounds like the exercise and new quick diet is helping :)

TODAYS WEIGH IN: 212 lbs
Which is 3 lbs down this week, and 15 lbs so far this month :)
(Also first day of TOM- so I feel like crud)

Live Laugh Love
06-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Sheramama – Hope you have fun at the amusement park!

Darius – Congrats on the loss! I know how you feel with the heat. I’m in New Orleans and it’s been close to 100 almost every day.

Jill – Thanks! It’s getting a little easier now, especially since I have the food and dining out companions now. Congrats on the loss, 15 lbs in one month is amazing!

Weigh-In: 200.6

So I lost 3 lbs this week, and 4 total in the past 1.5!! I'm hoping next week's weigh in will be just as good or better as I will be exercising again this week since my back is feeling better. I'm just gonna start with some lower intensity to see if it will keep the back pain away. my plan is to walk 2-3 miles on the treadmill tomorrow, do Zumba on the Wii on Monday, and to do the Cardioke DVD on Wednesday. Now it's time to start cleaning my room (which should get me some activity points also).

Sakai
06-24-2011, 11:56 PM
232 -again. *sigh* I'm pretty bumbed because i did really good on my weekend. i gained only 1 pound of food and water weight (mostly i gain 5 or so)
I think I've offically hit a plateau- my diet is good. Lots of fresh fruit and veggies, very low in animal products, low in processed food. I had only a few cheats that were not too bad. I even started working-out regularly.
I think my body is being stubborn. I might go into a detox to reboot my body. I think I'll up my water and fiber intake and clear everything out. I've been feeling sluggish and tired all the time which is not normal. normally I have more energy then this. I've been dragging myself out of bed every day and half to talk myself into working-out.
I think things will be better in a July challenege if one is started ^.^

sheramama
06-25-2011, 10:22 AM
I weighed myself yesterday before going to Knoebels. And I am exactly the same (247) that I was last weigh in, giving me a big, fat 0 in loss. AURGH.

Darius: Amazing!
Jillnicole: Whoo hoo you met your weight goal for the month. AWESOME!!!

Livelaughlove: Great job for you!

Sakai: It looks like you and I are in the same boat. We better rock next week!

We had a great time at the park. It poured for only 20 minutes and stopped, so some of the rides were wet, but the kids didn't complain. I however, passed out and felt hung over when I woke up. At the ripe, old age of 29 I think I'm feeling too old for this lol.

darius
06-25-2011, 10:40 AM
I weighed myself yesterday before going to Knoebels. And I am exactly the same (247) that I was last weigh in, giving me a big, fat 0 in loss. AURGH.

Getting through a week and not gaining anything is a victory. Thinking of all of the times I have gained in a week, I'll certainly take a 0 loss sometimes.

darius
06-25-2011, 11:10 AM
So I lost 3 lbs this week, and 4 total in the past 1.5!!

Well those are amazing results.

jillnicole03
06-26-2011, 11:57 PM
Hey everyone!! Hope you're having a great night to finish up your weekend :D Only one week left for our 1 month challenge... is everyone wanting to start a new one? Let me know :df:

Sakai... Do you write down what you eat everyday? That can really make a difference if not =)
I do want to start another challenge :)

Sheramama... Thank you! :) The first time I did McDougall MWL I lost 20 lbd the first month, so still hoping for that again, but if not 15 is good too :D

Darius... I know what you mean, 0 can definitely be good sometimes!!

darius
06-27-2011, 05:03 AM
jillnicole I didn't know that you were planning on having a July challenge - I joined another one for July. If you have an August challenge I definitely want to join it. Congratulations on making your goal for the month.

MosesMom1
06-27-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm in! I want to get into a steady workout schedule again and bring my lunch most days to work :)

jillnicole03
06-28-2011, 12:33 AM
MosesMom... Great :D We have 1 week left of this 30 day challenge, and then will be starting again for July... bringing lunch is a great move! Those days I always ate less lol.

Darius... no problem! I hope you do great no matter where you are! :cheer2:

Today was good for me, almost done with TOM... hooray. Can't believe it's almost July 4th! My boyfriend & I went official last 4th of July & it's so weird that it's right around the corner lol
I added Avocado into my plan this week, so I'll be doing all the approved foods for McDougall MWL plan with the exception of Avocado, hopefully doesn't hinder weightloss, but I don't think it will because I keep an eye on my calories through out the day as well.
Hope everyone had a great weekend, and not to bad of a Monday. Only 4 more days until another weekend ;)

sheramama
06-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks Darius!

I'm in for a July challenge....Maybe I'd actually get to my goal this time!

Live Laugh Love
06-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey all. I've been extremely busy the past few days, but it seems like everyone has been doing well. My scale currently needs new batteries so I haven't weighed myself since Friday (I usually check in every other day). I have a feeling this week's weigh in won't be as great. TOM arrived Sunday and not sure how long it's gonna last as this is my first month off of birth control (I was tired of my hair thinning, so got off in hopes it will grow in thicker again). I just feel bloated this week. Plus I used mostly all my weekly points between Friday and Saturday and even though I'm not over on points, I just haven't been eating the healthiest foods and I can definitely feel the difference. Then on top of all that, I still haven't exercised because my allergies got worse and now I have a sinus infection. I'm going to try to wash my car tomorrow then maybe go swimming as that will still burn calories without making feel like I'm going to die. I still have TONS of school work due this week, but I'm taking a break from it tonight.

Jill - I'm definitely in for a July challenge!

jillnicole03
06-28-2011, 09:17 PM
LiveLaughLove... sounds like you're dealing with a lot! Sorry girlie :)

Sounds great girls, glad to have you both on the July challenge. I saw someone else started the same exact challenge as this for July under this chat, lol funny. Hope everyones having a nice day :df:

jillnicole03
06-29-2011, 06:32 PM
2 more days for the June challenge! That kinda went fast :)

sheramama
06-29-2011, 08:38 PM
2 days? Wow that did go fast. Too bad my weight didn't go down with it. I am STUCK right now....AURGH!

Maybe a miracle will happen and those 2 lbs will stop bouncing.

Live Laugh Love
06-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey guys. I can't believe this challenge is almost over already! I got some new batteries for my scale and as of this morning I'm down 1.2 lbs. Weigh-in is tomorrow so I'm hoping for a 2 lbs loss, but I'll be happy with any loss. Still haven't exercised and I've been feeling even worse today. I had a slight fever, my left eye is a slightly swollen and burning/itching, my head is killing me, and now my tonsils are swollen and kinda white. I think the worse part is that I have an assignment due tonight and I'm only half way done. I'm hoping I can finish it quickly so that I can get some sleep. Good luck on weigh-in girls!

darius
06-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Last weigh in: 273 lb
Total loss on the JillNicole 30 day challenge: 5 lb
Thanks very much to everyone for all of the support while I was part of this challenge!

Live Laugh Love
07-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Challenge Stats...
SW: 204.6
CW: 199.0
Total loss: 5.6 lbs

Happy July everyone! So I'm kinda feeling better today and kinda not lol. My throat feels better, but my eye and head are still bothering me. I'm debating on whether or not to call the doctor since my tonsils don't look swollen anymore. I think I'll just wait it out today. The doctor takes walk-ins on Saturday mornings so I can go in tomorrow morning if I need to. Now it's time for me to go take a shower so that I can go shopping for my godchild and his little sister's birthday presents. Their party is tomorrow and I still have no idea what to get them. You know the kids are spoiled when you ask a 6 year old and a 4 year old what they want for their birthday and they say either nothing or I don't know lol. They already have everything they want, so I'll probably end up giving them money if nothing stands out in the store. Hope everyone has a great day!

jillnicole03
07-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Darius.. congrats on your loss!! :)

LiveLaughLove... congrats on your loss! hope you feel 100% soon!!

4 week final weigh in: 209 lbs
which is 18 lbs lost :) was hoping for 20 like the first time I did McDougall, but pretty darn close! Yay.

jillnicole03
07-01-2011, 02:41 PM
:congrat: on everyones month efforts! I month down :) Weightloss or not we all tried our best, and each month hopefully can get easier and easier :)

Here is the new JULY CHALLENGE thread, for all interested :hug:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/237037-july-challenge-all.html#post3916669

sheramama
07-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Starting weight: 255
End: 247
June Challenge loss: 8lbs

It's not 15, but I'll take it for now. I binged bad last night, which didn't help but my binging was significantly reduced this month. I also worked out 6/7 days a week :)

Great job everyone!

Wannabehealthy
07-03-2011, 10:48 AM
I was very bad today. I had a friend come over and we made veggie nachos... which wasn't TOO bad... but I dunno, after she left I looked in the fridge and the really good hot dogs were calling me... so I had two. Bah. And a salad. I'm so baaaad. I hate myself. My self control is zero.

<3

Please do not refer to your behavior as bad, or hate yourself. You are a good person who had a slip. We all do it. Berating yourself can only lead to more slips as you lose confidence in yourself. Instead, look to see what you can do in the future to improve this behavior. Someone mentioned buying veggie hot dogs. I love hot dogs, and I do eat them. I buy regular hot dogs because my husband would not eat the veggie ones. I only eat them once or twice a month, and I figure them into my daily calorie count. You are in control here, and you CAN occasionally eat "fobidden" foods, as long as you don't eat mindlessly, but stop and think for a minute before you eat the food, "Can I safely fit this into my plan for today?" or "What do I want to give up today so I can eat this one item?"

Smile! God loves you just the way you are!

Carol