Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W. July 4th Challenge

View Full Version : W.O.W. July 4th Challenge

jcatron243
06-03-2011, 11:04 PM
just a quick start thread.

Sorry it has taken me so long. Its been a long couple weeks here with the dang flu. Everyone is back to normal now. AND I made it to the gym tonight!

Emily~Your baby will be here soon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

mothermavis
06-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Mavis, 44 (45 Wednesday) mother of 2, wife to their Dad. 2 jobs, 2 dogs and a very old bird. Currently on vacation, so making this quick.

Next goal, 144 by 7/4!!

jcatron243
06-05-2011, 09:09 PM
WEED is all good!!! Me, I'm okay. Feeling down the last couple of days but its getting better. I walked so much at work the last couple of days!!!

jcatron243
06-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi ALL!

So I have had several good days. Work is crazy, but what else is new.

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1200 cals
D house work.

emiloots
06-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Hey ladies!

Emily, mother of 2 boys (4.5 & 2.5) with a little girl on the way any day now. I work full-time outside the house, like reading, music, camping & hiking. Looking forward to losing this weight for good once baby girl gets her adorable bottom out of my body!

Jeni - yay for good days, keep it up!

Mavis - enjoy your vacation!

jcatron243
06-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Em~I'm so excited for you!

Done at the gym. 45 minutes. Yay me. I just need to keep it up!

mothermavis
06-08-2011, 08:47 PM
OK, I am back and ready to go!

45 years young today, DH took me to the beach in SC for a few days to celebrate. Had a great time, made mostly good choices food wise but still bloated as crap due to the sodium in eating all meals out, the heat and the flight. Drinking tons of Crystal Light to flush it all out!

W As much as I can get!
E Ankles are like snausages, doing arms today, that's it
E POP got it!
D Keep the great vacation mojo with me!

Jeni and Emi, missed you !

mothermavis
06-09-2011, 06:42 AM
W 100
E Just a walk, maybe WII, still with way too much water
E POP, made a quick run to the grocery last night to some acceptable choices
D Relaxing & doing laundry!

jcatron243
06-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Happy B-day MM

3 days in a row at the gym! Today it will be treadmill night before swm lessons.

emiloots
06-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Mavis - happy birthday! Hope you had a great time on vacation with your hubby - sounds really nice!

Jeni - woot for hitting the gym!

Had my 38 week appointment today, everything looks good, just a waiting game now. DH is at a Phillies game tonight and a concert tomorrow so hopefully she doesn't decide to make an appearance yet.

PrePregWeight: 164.0
1st trimester (5-13 wks): 165.4 (+ 1.4)
2nd trimester (14-28 wks): 182.0 (+18)
29 weeks: 186.0 (+22)
30 weeks: 186.0 (+22)
31 weeks: -
32 weeks: 189.0 (+25)
33 weeks: 191.8 (+27.8)
34 weeks: 192.8 (+28.8)
35 weeks: -
36 weeks: 196.0 (+32) eek!
37 weeks: 197.0 (+33)
38 weeks: 199.0 (+35) I was really hoping to not hit the 200 mark this pregnancy!

mothermavis
06-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Emi, I weighed 203 when I came home with my younger son....you are doing great. She is almost here!!

Jeni, great job getting to the gym!

w 100
e walk, possibly Wii dance
e POP
d, focus on the little things

mothermavis
06-11-2011, 01:48 PM
w 100, need to get going on that today
e did 30ds this am
e Sticking within points
d all about me today, working on de-cluttering, starting with kitchen cupboard

jcatron243
06-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Got in 40 minute workout today.

W 80 oz
E 40 minutes
E keep it as clean as I can (birthday party today)
D good choices

jcatron243
06-12-2011, 12:58 PM
W 80oz
E 40 minutes
E 1400 cals
D get back to low cals!

mothermavis
06-12-2011, 01:42 PM
W As much as I can stand!
E Some crunches, some Wii
E Rest of day POP, had some Strata at church this am, need to make rest of day clean...
D More cleaning, 16 days of vacation end tomorrow!

jcatron243
06-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Hiya everyone!

W 80 oz
E 65 minutes done. 30 home 35 gym!
E 1200 cals. Clean cals
D Housework. Clean eating.

mothermavis
06-13-2011, 10:50 PM
:carrot: Stuck to my food like glue!

W Got it all!!!!!
E Crunches and walking
E POP
D Stick with it

jcatron243
06-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Did really well yesterday. Hoping today is just as good.
W 80 oz
E 45 min
E 1200. Cal
d. Make it throng work

mothermavis
06-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Rough day. Did pretty well food wise though! More tomorrow perhaps!

Hope all are well.

Baby news from Emi yet?

jcatron243
06-15-2011, 11:30 AM
MM~I was wondering the same thing. Emily!!!!! Let us know when you have that baby!

I've been having a pretty good week so far. Didn't get in enough water but today will be better.

3 more days of school. Then crazy times await!

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes home (done) 45 gymtime!
E 1200 cals
D keep my cals under control! I have the tools, now I just need to use them!

mothermavis
06-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Jeni, love your remark about using the tools. I was thinking about joining the Y again, then I was like why? the times don't work, the location doesn't work and you have both a treadmill and an elliptical at home!! Therefore, I got my butt on the elliptical and went hard for 30 minutes! Go me!

W 100
E Done! Some light weights tonight while I watch TV
E POP
D Use the tools! Jeni is 100% correct

Emi, baby?
Mindy? Come back to us now that school is getting out? The rest of you too! Miss seeing everyone on here! Hope everyone is doing great.

emiloots
06-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Hey ladies -

Still here, still pregnant - I'm hoping any day now! Foods terrible, I thinking I'm just feeding my big preggo misery but not for much longer. I promise I'll keep you updated, thanks for thinking about me!

mothermavis
06-16-2011, 06:48 AM
Emi, don't beat yourself up, food is food, some days are good and some aren't. Just move forward, she'll be here soon! Can't wait to "meet" her! I bet you can't wait for someone else to hold her for a minute! How are the boys?

Jeni, last week of school, huh? Boy that goes by fast doesn't it?

Well, I am going to try and work today, YS had hernia surgery Tuesday, he is quite sore but seems better today and he can stay alone now that the anesthesia is worn off. It's been a rough week!

W 100
E Planning to run when I get home
E POP
D Choices! I choose to take care of me too!

jcatron243
06-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Morning friends.

Emily~ soon soon soon

MM~great job on the workout. Yes time is flying right now.

W 80 oz
E 30 minutes today. probably no gymtime. Tommy is going to the morning preschool class so I will head for a shopping trip after I drop the kids off.
E 1300 cals. make them clean. I will be buying lots of colorful food today!
D so salt!

mothermavis
06-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Up a little today, direct result of too many evening carbs I am sure. Not bad carbs, but carbs nonetheless!

W 100
E Ellipitical and weights
E POP, even asked the girls to please not bring cake or bagels (how we usually celebrate birthdays, but we are celebrating mine belatedly today with fresh fruit!)
D Keep making mostly good choices, no carbs after 6

MrsD2008
06-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Can anyone join?! I like the simple concept!!

mothermarvis: What does POP stand for?

jcatron243
06-17-2011, 10:00 PM
MrsD Join right in!

Found out today that I am going to nights starting next month. :( not too happy about it, but I will find a way to make it work.

mothermavis
06-17-2011, 11:51 PM
MrsD, welcome! POP means "perfect on plan"

We are glad to have you!

Jeni, nights will be an adjustment, but you will definitely make it work!

mothermavis
06-18-2011, 09:55 AM
OK, confession time, did NO exercise yesterday. OK, just changes my day of rest from Sunday to Friday. Today, I want to run, but the mosquitoes are horrible!!!! Dreadmill? Probably will just go to town and run there where it's not so buggy!

W 100 harder for me on weekends, so focus!
E Running, maybe a short hike too if time allows
E POP within points too.
D Make it count!

emiloots
06-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Hey ladies -

Welcome MrsD!

Jeni - sorry about the nights, DH used to work swing shift in the summers when we were on college, it was rough. Hopefully you can work it out with your schedule.

Mavis - the bugs are bad here too, I think it's all the rain we've had - I have to put on bug spray just to be in the backyard!

Still here, went walking last night in hopes of getting something going - despite the 1/2 hour of extreme discomfort nothing. I'll probably go again tonight.

mothermavis
06-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Emi, sorry you are still waiting. Hopefully she will make her appearance soon!

The bugs are ridiculous, but I put on my big girl pants and went to town to run. Feel like people are looking at me when I run in town, but if they are, it's just because they wish they were exercising too! Ha!

Anyway, got the freaking run in. Ate great and now relaxing!

BTW, think the scale needs batteries, says I weigh 67 pounds....

jcatron243
06-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Em~she will be here soon!

Food has been great so far this weekend. Exercise is not happening but I am doing extra laps at work.

mothermavis
06-20-2011, 06:40 AM
Jeni, walking is still exercise!! Good for you!

I have a horribly busy day today, but plan to make time to run tonight....

W 100
E Run, no time for a walk at lunch, have to use lunch time for FIL appt
E Planning ahead to eliminate choices
D Just check it off the list, one thing at a time

jcatron243
06-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Summer vacation. For the kiddos not me. My yougnest sister is here to be my babysitter.

TOM better show up soon. The scale is driving me crazy! Its been up since my mid-cycle and wont go back down! ERRR. My food has been super clean, low in sodium and carbs; high in veggies and lean protien. I know how finicky the scale is so I am not judging my good days by that, but still!

W 64 oz
E extra laps
E 1200 cals
D keep it clean.

jcatron243
06-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Yesterday was great.

Today: Babysitting, swim team, library, park.

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes done (55 total)
E 1200 cals
D keep it clean!

mothermavis
06-21-2011, 08:50 PM
W needs to catch up today, have been low today
E done, just went for a run with my friend
E POP so far, now to stick with for the evening
D Focus!

jcatron243
06-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Ok emily tell us what's up

Yesterday was great.
W 80 oz
E Extra laps
E 1200 Call
D. Clean cals

emiloots
06-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey ladies -

Still here, still pregnant - stubborn child. I'm praying that it's any day now cause I'm sick of going to work everyday and hearing 'still here?' :) My grandpa died this morning (we knew it would be very soon) so it would be fitting to bring a new life into the world on the same day we lost one...we'll see. I promise I'll update (with pics) when I have her. Take care, sounds like you're doing great!

mothermavis
06-23-2011, 07:28 AM
Aw Emi, so sorry about your Grandpa. Even when you are expecting it, it's still difficult. I can agree with the "still here" comments. I used to find that quite aggravating now that you mention it! Can't wait to see her pictures!

Jeni, how's things? Did you start your nights yet or is that later?

MrsD, Hi to you too!

W 100 oz, gotta get it!
E elliptical I think today, ran Tuesday, knee a bit wonky.
E POP
D Making good choices, choose to be healthy

jcatron243
06-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Oh. Emily. I agree with MM

Still on days. Nights start on july 10.

Scale is making me mad; but I have been great for a week with food:

emiloots
06-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Morning ladies -

Off work yesterday and today, instead of a baby I got the lovely stomach bug that Dan had earlier this week. I'm hoping it's over with soon - have an appointment this afternoon with my midwife so hopefully she'll help things along.

Hope you both have a great weekend!

jcatron243
06-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Emily~I'm crossing my fingers that your little princess arrives soon!

W 80 oz
E35 minutes done
E 1200 cals
D housework

mothermavis
06-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Happy Sunday! Got an Open House on one of my listings, but other than that, the day is mine!!!

w 100
e thinking a run is in order
e POP
d find a happy place

jcatron243
06-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Good Monday Morning everyone.

This weekend wasn't too bad food wise. Probably better than most weekends. We had a birthday party for Makenna and my nephew on Saturday, then another party for Mak on Sunday (rolling my eyes). I got a ton of yard work done before the party started; but I have to finish it today.

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1400 cals
D inside and outside housework.

mothermavis
06-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Crazy freaking day. Food was too little as was water and no exercise.

Good work day though.

jcatron243
06-28-2011, 10:21 AM
My workout didn't happen yesterday. But food was good.

W 80 oz
E extra laps at work
E1200 Call
D getbhome safe

emiloots
06-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Just checking in...no baby yet, had acupuncture yesterday so hopefully it gets something moving!

jcatron243
06-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Em~Seriously I am so excited for you. But so you know Thursday is Makenna's birthday :) Have you had a ton of people tell you how to start labor?

mothermavis
06-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Em, she'll be worth the wait! Makenna's birthday would work!

Work has been crazy lately, all work and no exercise. Stuck, but see last sentence and I know why!! Off the rest of the week from job 1 for personal issues, but still have some real estate deals coming down.

W trying to get some today
E Not looking any better
E POP, the one thing I can control
D Say a little prayer for me girls, going thru some tests right now for a cyst they found on my ovary. Pray it is not cancer. Two more tests today and tomorrow....

RowdyBliss
06-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Hellooooo..... remember me....?

OMG!!! W.O.W. is still going strong!

Jeni - you look fantastic!! Way to go!

Saw some other familiar "faces" on some past threads (JasonsLea/Shari) - any other "old timers" here? Is Robin still around?

Wow - a little late for this challenge... BUT BUT BUT I am in some serious need of some group accountability because I am in the home stretch (again). I'd lost a bunch of weight, but gained a lot back because of life changes (got divorced again - husband #2 was apparently gay - go figure), and I've gotten myself back together and am truly feeling better than I ever have. Oh, and I'm remarrying next year. Third time's the charm..??

Anyway - I hope to jump in on the next challenge - just wanted to say HI and WOW and OMG I am so thrilled that W.O.W. lives on. (And still using the same intro paragraph - yeah!)

W - 72 oz

E - 1/2 hour P90 - 1/2 hour bellydance (did I mention I took up bellydancing? THE BEST WORKOUT. No kidding!)

E - The mantra for today is "low fat, low salt." It's hot and gross here today, and I always tend to retain water when it's like that, especially if I eat salt. So I have lowfat yogurt for breakfast, salad for lunch, snap peas out of my garden for a snack, and for dinner...? Something that won't require me to cook & heat up the kitchen! Maybe gazpacho. (Oh, I'm also a vegetarian now - talk about a great way to cut fat/calories!)

D - Stay focused at work. My brain keeps trying to go on vacation without my body!

Have a GREAT day, everyone! Looking forward to catching up with old friends and making new ones. :)

jcatron243
06-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi Suz! Nice to see you again. I've been closer to goal, but after an injury at work last year, I gained a bunch back. My focus right now is getting back to my old workouts.

MM~You have my prayers.

Got in a good workout today.

W 80 oz
E 35 minute run 15 minute swim (done) I feel bad for making Makenna swim 45 minutes (she did about 1000 yards today at swim team) when I can only go 15 minutes 300 yards :)
E 1200 cals
D housework.

emiloots
06-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Weigh in day...

PrePregWeight: 164.0
1st trimester (5-13 wks): 165.4 (+ 1.4)
2nd trimester (14-28 wks): 182.0 (+18)
29 weeks: 186.0 (+22)
30 weeks: 186.0 (+22)
31 weeks: -
32 weeks: 189.0 (+25)
33 weeks: 191.8 (+27.8)
34 weeks: 192.8 (+28.8)
35 weeks: -
36 weeks: 196.0 (+32) eek!
37 weeks: 197.0 (+33)
38 weeks: 199.0 (+35) I was really hoping to not hit the 200 mark this pregnancy!
39 weeks: 201.0 (+37) OK time to get out little girl!
40 weeks: 203.0 (+39)
41 weeks: 202.0 (+38) <-- YES, I'm still pregnant!

Mavis - you'll be in my thoughts today!

Jeni - hope you get to enjoy time off for the holiday weekend, can't remember if you've started your new schedule yet. Happy Birthday to Makenna!

Suz - nice to meet you and welcome back!

mothermavis
07-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Emi, maybe she will be a little firecracker!!

Still running lots of tests trying to figure out what we are looking at before they decide if surgery has to happen. Sore & bloated today, but gotta get thru it!

Jeni, hope Mak had a great Birthday!!

Talk to ya'll soon.

jcatron243
07-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone.

Work weekend. Maks birthday was good. I start nights on the 11. Im working an 8 day stretch so I wont be working out; unless I get some swim time in. Maybe a walk we will see. Food is easiest. When I work so I know I will be good.

emiloots
07-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Hey ladies - still pregnant! My midwife is having me take castor oil today so wish me luck! Not the most pleasant way to start labor but hopefully it works and we'll have a baby by tonight/tomorrow.

Jeni - glad Mak had a great birthday, enjoy the holiday weekend!

Mavis - still thinking of you, stay strong and keep us updated!

jcatron243
07-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Good morning. Happy july 4th.

Thinking of you emily!

mothermavis
07-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Having more tests on Wednesday afternoon.

Emi, hope the castor oil got labor started!

Jeni, Hope all is well, have a good 4th both of you.

mtiger
07-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Well I am happy to see some friendly faces still here. I have been away a long time...since the first of the year at least. Life has changed dramatically around here. I got rid of the ex-husband and got re-married. I ran into my high school sweetheart and fell in love all over again. We were married on April 2st (who can forget that date) and we have been settling into our new life together. It is certainly not a walk in the park, but so well worth it.

I gained weight when we started dating and so we have both joined Medical Weight Loss. It has only been about a week and then we went on vacation. So I am back it now. I got up 190 something...YIKES!!! Today I am 183.8. So here we go. Hopefully I will be able to hit my goal weight of 145.

Jeni- Glad to see you are keeping this going. I still see you over on Facebook.
MM- So happy you are still here.
Emi- You're having a baby!!!!

emiloots
07-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Hey ladies -

Just wanted to let you know that Miss Darcy Kate was born on July 3rd at 3:50 am, 8lb 12 oz, 21 inches long. We're home and doing well, had some postpartum bleeding issues so I'm off my feet for a while hoping that everything is resolved. I'll post a pic soon, I'm on my work computer right now so it won't let me upload anything. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

RowdyBliss
07-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Awww, yay! Mazel tov, Emily! :) Glad to hear everyone's well.

RowdyBliss
07-06-2011, 03:11 PM
FYI, ladies - started a new thread/challenge.

Quiet here today!

mothermavis
07-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Emi!! Welcome Darcy!!!!!

Mindy, welcome back, I've missed you! Congrats on the new hubby!

jcatron243
07-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Welcome baby Darcy!!!!!! Congrats emily I am so happy for you.

Hi Mindy! I gained a bunch of weight back too. I'm still plugging along though.

Hi MM! Hi Suz.

Today is day number 7 of 8. I am utterly exhausted. Food has been good, but no workouts for me until saturday.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/237387-w-o-w-labor-day-challenge-week-0-5-a.html