100 lb. Club - Biggest Loser at home.

View Full Version : Biggest Loser at home.

Lindifer
06-02-2011, 11:48 PM
A few people in our family have decided to start our own biggest loser competition. We all weighed in on the 1st, put in $25 and are weighing in again on Sept.1. Biggest % of weight lost wins.

It is only 5 of us so it's $100 if we win plus our initial $25 back, but it is a fun incentive, not even just for the money, but for bragging rights. :cool:

Has anyone ever done this? I hear offices and gyms do it too, but I don't work and I don't think my gym has done it.

bethbeth
06-03-2011, 12:02 AM
I've never done it but it sounds super fun. Good luck!

Jesscobedo
06-03-2011, 12:47 AM
I organized a biggest loser contest at work and it was so amazing! It was great to see everyone supporting each other in making better food choices and exercising more. We all put in $50 dollars, one person one for highest percentage lost and I won for most pounds lost! We weighed in monthly and I tracked everyones progress on a poster. It was super motivating and kept me accountable.

Good luck with your contest!

erin9598
06-03-2011, 01:22 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun. I don't work either and just moved to a new location, so I don't really know of anyone I could do the same with. I am sure if I was able that would be an awesome motivator. I need to go make more friends at the gym or something, lol.

Goddess Jessica
06-03-2011, 03:20 PM
This is such a fantastic idea! But like a lot of you, I work in an office of 5, and I'm the only overweight one. So what's a girl to do?

Apparently, my city has a club specifically for this and centered around The Biggest Loser schedule! It costs $45 to join, $25 of that goes towards the winner's pot (more than $1,500 last time) and the other $20 towards administration of the club. They meet once a week turn the "season" and you can't miss more than 2 meetings or you're out! Next season starts in August. Wow! Thanks, ladies. I would have never looked for this if it hadn't been for this thread.

BTW -- I found it on Meetup but they had transitioned to Facebook.

Gale02
06-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Me, my DH, my brother and his wife just started one last week, running through mid August. We each put in $50 and the person with the greatest % of weight loss takes all. And, if we hit 60lbs as a group we're all going to find babysitters and do something fun together. :)

Teresa66
06-03-2011, 05:51 PM
My work just started this very thing up a few days ago. There are five us participating and winner at the end of 8 weeks will take home a $140.

I really love this because I have already been super motivated since setting the date for my wedding in October. So, the more help I can get the better, plus a little cash won't hurt none either. :D

sabrinalecompte
06-03-2011, 07:43 PM
we've got a corporate wellness program running a "top loser" weight loss competition at my office. The entire building was invited to join.
It was a $10 buy in to participate in a 12 week competition. They provided us with diet/exercise journals.. there's a wellness class once a month for the next 3 months where a health expert will come talk about diet/exercise/healthy lifestyle/weight loss topics and we weigh in once a month.

People had the option of signing up as individuals or as a "team" to compete. At the end of the 12 weeks, the top two individuals would split half the prize money, and the top team would get the other half to split amongst themselves.

There was a total of 225 people that signed up this year.

Lindifer
06-04-2011, 02:26 AM
We are having a lot of fun with it so far. Healthy family competition.

My 3 year old son is confused as to why I want to be the biggest loser... why not the biggest winner?