Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP Daily Chat, Thursday, June 2, 2011

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lntroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 1 June 2011
Old 06-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning everyone. I stepped on the scale this morning and finally saw a tiny bit of movement... I have a feeling that the 160's are just evil! Seems like many of us stall out at this stage. I saw 166 this morning, but I remember being excited by seeing 167 last week sometime... Sigh...

I must admit I had a mini pity party last night. My husband wanted to stay up late watching a cool new show on Discovery Channel. He wanted me to watch it with him. Finally I had to say that I was going to bed, mostly because I couldn't watch him eat. He has a great metabolism and tends to start what I call "the feeding" after dinner. He eats a healthy dinner, then is starving again before bed. He doesn't necessarily eat junk anymore, but the vast quantity of food that he needs to consume is sometimes just depressing. Anyway, I wanted to vent. I'm normally just resigned to the fact that he has to eat and I don't need to eat, but last night somehow it got to me.

Here's to a good OP day for everyone. I can't decide between crispy cereal and oatmeal this morning, so I think I'll play it safe and have the crispy cereal so that I can have my restricted later in the day...
Old 06-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Not to complain or anything but yesterday's postings were kind of negative...a lot of people are down about their slow weight losses and I know we all have bad days. Heck, I've had bad weeks, but look at the big picture, average out your weight loss and see that this diet truly works.
If anyone needs a boost...look at my weekly weight loss, I have had 2 weeks with NOTHING, and 1 week of a gain!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #4  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I know what you mean pxlkitty. My Dh doesn't eat at all during the day. He never has time. So he comes home and eats a snack if dinner isn't ready yet. Then eats dinner..then 2 hours later, eats his what I call second dinner...then if he's still awake, he has a snack about 2 hours later...sigh

My niece has started the IP protocol with me. I was out running errands and things, and she was getting dinner ready for me kids. She texted me.. This is so hard when making dinnner for the kids. How do you do it? (Mind you she's only on her second day..so she was hungry more then me)

My text back was... I do it, because I'm done being fat

So here's to being done being fat! And an OP day!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #5  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

I feel I need to answer this question because there are a bizzzillllllion threads about it....

Can I have??????

The answer is no. The only thing you can eat on IP is meat and veggies and those are limited. You can have some spices, herbs, and evoo. But nothing else.

With that said if you don't mind losing slow and still be very restricted, then it is your life...do what you want, but if you want to know the IP rules....then just eat your 3 packets, drink water, eat the allowed meat, and the allowed veggies, with the evoo.

It is a very strict diet,,,,,,,very strict....but life-changing.

You will not regret the choice to do IP. It also teaches you to go without....why is this important because as a society we feel "entitled" that I deserve it. But we have taken it too far and we "deserve" it every day.

Going without is what we will need to do for the rest of our lives to keep the weight off.

You won't have to go without forever....just while you are losing be it a month or a year....then you must learn to live with moderation. (LIKE living within your means).

YOU are all worth it....do not deny yourself health and success and the opportunity to live well stong and long!

Have a great day all

Last edited by darbs7; 06-02-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #6  
Start: 4-20-11

Quote:
Browneyes,
Thanks for the reminder to participate. I hover a lot, but don't post much.

I am a Phase 1-er. I've lost 46 pounds since mid February. For the last two- three weeks I have been taking a breather, so my loss has slowed to 1-2 pounds. I felt like I needed to get used to the "new" me before taking off again. My goal is a healthy body, and since BMI will determine that I don't know what my final goal is. I suspect that I am only 1/3 of the way there.

I realize that I need to get serious again, especially since my brother just announced that he is thinking of coming to visit from NC. He doesn't know that I am on any weight loss program, since I wanted to lose everything and surprise him and his family on a visit back east. Oh well!!!! Guess the universe is giving me a reminder that I do need to get going again.

I have loved the compliments. I find it very interesting that so many people want to tell me about their idea of a weight loss program. I waited a long time to find this one, and it has definitely been working for me.

Enough of a rant. Please send me good thoughts as I resume program and climb back OP!!!!
I am so glad to see that you're back and ready to get serious again. Your total lost so far is phenomenal and I'm glad that you're going to get started again. Don't you feel just wonderful having that weight off your legs? That was the first think that I noticed -- my knees didn't hurt as much! Like you, I have a lot of weight to shed, but I'm prepared to do it. We know this program works.

I am sending wonderful thoughts your way. We will get rid of this weight together and become healthy once more. Welcome Back!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I must admit I had a mini pity party last night. My husband wanted to stay up late watching a cool new show on Discovery Channel. He wanted me to watch it with him. Finally I had to say that I was going to bed, mostly because I couldn't watch him eat. He has a great metabolism and tends to start what I call "the feeding" after dinner. He eats a healthy dinner, then is starving again before bed. He doesn't necessarily eat junk anymore, but the vast quantity of food that he needs to consume is sometimes just depressing. Anyway, I wanted to vent. I'm normally just resigned to the fact that he has to eat and I don't need to eat, but last night somehow it got to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
I know what you mean pxlkitty. My Dh doesn't eat at all during the day. He never has time. So he comes home and eats a snack if dinner isn't ready yet. Then eats dinner..then 2 hours later, eats his what I call second dinner...then if he's still awake, he has a snack about 2 hours later...sigh

My hubby is like both of yours--He is 6'1" and has a wonderful metabolism, but also doesn't eat until he comes home. Then, he becomes a food tornado! He doesn't stop until right before going to bed! I don't understand how he does it and stays so thin. Oh, how I wish I had that metabolism! Pixlkitty and MInewgoal, you are not alone. I understand totally.

MInewgoal... I love your reply to your niece. I'm done being fat, too!

Thanks for both of your posts. It's good to know that I'm not alone in this.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
Not to complain or anything but yesterday's postings were kind of negative...a lot of people are down about their slow weight losses and I know we all have bad days. Heck, I've had bad weeks, but look at the big picture, average out your weight loss and see that this diet truly works.
If anyone needs a boost...look at my weekly weight loss, I have had 2 weeks with NOTHING, and 1 week of a gain!

GailMarie, sometimes you just have to take the bad with the good. I would be so surprised if no one ever wrote anything negative about how they feel they're doing on this program. Those of us who are struggling at times with this should be allowed to vent or ask advice of our peers without reproach. If that appears as being negative and bothers some, one can always skip that post and go on to the next. I don't think that anyone was complaining that this diet doesn't work. We all know it works, we all know that we didn't gain this weight over night, but we want it off now. It's called venting, impatience, being human.

I totally agree about looking at the big picture. But when the 'big picture' is over 50 or 100 pounds, it feels unattainable to many of us.

I'm sorry that your weekly weight loss isn't where you want it to be. Truly I am, because I've been there.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I feel I need to answer this question because there are a bizzzillllllion threads about it....

Can I have??????

The answer is no. The only thing you can eat on IP is meat and veggies and those are limited. You can have some spices, herbs, and evoo. But nothing else.

With that said if you don't mind losing slow and still be very restricted, then it is your life...do what you want, but if you want to know the IP rules....then just eat your 3 packets, drink water, eat the allowed meat, and the allowed veggies, with the evoo.
(portions removed for space)
Have a great day all
If only it were that simple. Let's talk about veggies for a moment. On Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website, he states that one can eat green cabbage during Phase 1. When I go to the IP website and look at the program specifics, it states that the cabbage must be red only. When I asked a new owner of an IP Clinic the same question, I was told that she didn't have a definitive answer but would get one for me. Some are told one thing; others are told something else. Whose answer is the correct one? Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's? your clinic counselor? an owner?

It appears that nothing in life is black and white. Yes, we are on this journey together, but because we all have free will, some will live within the limits of the program, (living within their means) but other are not going to do that. At least here, if my fellow dieters feel that they aren't going to live within the guidelines, I'm not going to have to bail them out. What I can do, however, is give them support.

I appreciate your feelings and your honesty, but I also appreciate compassion, which costs me nothing.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Good Morning Everyone,

I have been a member of TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) for years and I'm keeping up with it even on this program. I will use it to help me maintain after it's all off.

Anyone else doing the same?
Old 06-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
If only it were that simple. Let's talk about veggies for a moment. On Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website, he states that one can eat green cabbage during Phase 1. When I go to the IP website and look at the program specifics, it states that the cabbage must be red only. When I asked a new owner of an IP Clinic the same question, I was told that she didn't have a definitive answer but would get one for me. Some are told one thing; others are told something else. Whose answer is the correct one? Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's? your clinic counselor? an owner?

It appears that nothing in life is black and white. Yes, we are on this journey together, but because we all have free will, some will live within the limits of the program, (living within their means) but other are not going to do that. At least here, if my fellow dieters feel that they aren't going to live within the guidelines, I'm not going to have to bail them out. What I can do, however, is give them support.

I appreciate your feelings and your honesty, but I also appreciate compassion, which costs me nothing.
I agree. I, personally, am doing this with only alternative products and therefore do not have a coach. You guys are essentially my coach. You are a great support tool and I have learned a lot about the program just from reading posts on this forum. The problem rests in the fact that everyone's coach seems to have different advise and guidelines.

I think when someone asks "can I have..." They are just seeking advise from someone more experienced and it's hard to see posts that answer the question in one thread, then posts that put down the people, albiet indirectly, for asking the question in the first place in another thread. We are all here to share a journey.

Sorry if that was harsh, but I have just been seeing a lot of this lately, and as someone who is new to the program, it makes it hard for me to feel comfortable to share whether asking a question or sharing my successes/failures.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

I have to say that I am feeling like this board is becoming increasingly negative overall. It's starting to take a toll on me, which is a shame because I really need the support of people who understand what IP is about- which no one in the real world seems to.
I just want to hear about how everyone's day is going and share about mine- success or failure- whatever, it's life.
On that note, I had a good day yesterday. I enjoyed my 90 minute pedicure as my reward for the first 20 lbs/10% loss. It was great.
I've decided to swear off on red meat because I'm certain it is making me feel bloated- I rarely eat red meat other than ground beef which seems to have less effect on me. I'm going to invest some time in experimenting with fish this weekend- because I never cook anything other than salmon. This is where that life-long change comes in. Finding new on plan favourites
I hope everyone has a great day. Don't forget to breathe and enjoy life today! It's not all about weight loss.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #13  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

My niece has started the IP protocol with me. I was out running errands and things, and she was getting dinner ready for me kids. She texted me.. This is so hard when making dinnner for the kids. How do you do it? (Mind you she's only on her second day..so she was hungry more then me)

Good answer, you are doing so great.

Quote:

Can I have??????

It is a very strict diet,,,,,,,very strict....but life-changing.

You will not regret the choice to do IP. It also teaches you to go without....why is this important because as a society we feel "entitled" that I deserve it. But we have taken it too far and we "deserve" it every day.

Going without is what we will need to do for the rest of our lives to keep the weight off.

You won't have to go without forever....just while you are losing be it a month or a year....then you must learn to live with moderation. (LIKE living within your means).

YOU are all worth it....do not deny yourself health and success and the opportunity to live well stong and long!

Have a great day all
Darbs I don't think no matter how many times we say follow the rules someone will say but I heard that we can have this or that. For me I go by the IP Phase 1 sheet, it tells you what you can have... if it isn't on there YOU CANT HAVE IT.
I admit yesterday I was a bit frustrated with some comments of others about those on phase II and Phase III and maintenance... and how we don't want to hear from them because we are jealous of their weight loss. Man that just burned me, where do they think all the information they are getting is from? I want to tell EVERYONE in Phase II, III and maintenance, THANKYOU, you are the reason I still continue to read this forum, it isn't for finding out who cheated or who tweeked their diet to suit themselves. This IP forum and weight plan is important to me and I try to be positive and this forum use to have lots of positives every day, I enjoy hearing weight losses and NSV and when people hit phase 2 and what is different, it provides me with a lot of information that our Coaches aren't trained or havent been through to be able to give us. It is those that have Lived before us that we learn from and what the pitfalls are. So in closing I would like to say those that don't want to hear the positive things phase 2 and 3 and maintenance is providing, then skip that post. When I see well it happened I cheated, I move on I don't waste my time.
The posts I love the most are those like Cartwheel who celebrated being in the 190's that was an awesome goal for her and it should be celebrated. Those that are jealous of how much people have lost should really do some collecting their thoughts and ask themselves 'WHY AM I JEALOUS" is there something I can do better. I admit I am not happy all the time and there is always a hint of jealousy but the next thought is always I will get there soon too and I am very happy for the person that has achieved such a great thing.

Cartwheel - congrats on hitting the 190's I hope you are proud of yourself and know how excited we are for you as well. This is a great Plan (or project as one of the guys in my office says)... Keep up the good work and I am sorry I didn't congratulate you yesterday but all the stuff I said today was boiling up to come out and I wouldn't have been as nice yesterday.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaArr View Post
I agree. I, personally, am doing this with only alternative products and therefore do not have a coach. You guys are essentially my coach. You are a great support tool and I have learned a lot about the program just from reading posts on this forum. The problem rests in the fact that everyone's coach seems to have different advise and guidelines.

I think when someone asks "can I have..." They are just seeking advise from someone more experienced and it's hard to see posts that answer the question in one thread, then posts that put down the people, albiet indirectly, for asking the question in the first place in another thread. We are all here to share a journey.

Sorry if that was harsh, but I have just been seeing a lot of this lately, and as someone who is new to the program, it makes it hard for me to feel comfortable to share whether asking a question or sharing my successes/failures.
I commend you for losing 33lbs on alternative products and without an official coach! WOW! That's such a wonderful accomplishment. The people in this group are fantastic and so supportive. Keep coming back. We're all here to learn from each other and share. I look forward to hearing from you again!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #15  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
.............My niece has started the IP protocol with me. .......She texted me.. This is so hard when making dinnner for the kids. How do you do it? ..........
Thanks for saying it so well. I, too, am done being fat.

Quote:
Can I have??????
........................It is a very strict diet,,,,,,,very strict....but life-changing. You will not regret the choice to do IP. ........................
Thank you for the reminder. You are the hero that I modeled my IP journey after. You are one dedicated woman. Keep up the great work.
Closed Thread