WW At Home - Has WW changed?

View Full Version : Has WW changed?

sheramama
06-02-2011, 12:52 AM
I have the book and counters from 7 yrs ago (which is funny considering my oldest is 7 hmn coincidence? I think not) and it looks like things have changed points wise.

Can anyone give me a heads up?

Lovely
06-02-2011, 12:59 AM
The new system is called PointsPlus.

The whole formula for the way PointsPlus are calculated has changed. In fact, it's now very difficult to "guesstimate" points, because it's not really based on just calories. The old 1 point is about 50 calories doesn't apply. PointsPlus now encompasses fat, carbs, fiber and protein.

There's not a whole lot much else I can legally say on this board (the formula itself is copyrighted).

You can still lose weight using the old plan, but you have to make sure you use the counters you had or the calculator you had.

If you're interested in the new plan, however, I highly recommend going to a meeting to pick up the new materials and a calculator, or joining WW online, or ordering an at home kit.

sheramama
06-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks. I always did think it was odd they never took into account protein or carbs. I was always used to watching those the most back in the day when I had a rocking bod lol.

I might have to check it out now.

Lovely
06-02-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm actually excited that they started taking protein & carbs into account (and not just the fiber).

I'd always liked that they watched out for the fats in food, but I think having the overall balance of fat, carbs, and protein is going to be best.

The higher fat/higher carb foods are now more points, but since points changed overall you get more daily points than you used to and can still fit in the old favorites in the usual moderation.

CountingAcct
06-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Can you just answer one question without it being proprietary? Does the new program give you daily points, plus a good amount of weekly points, plus activity points?

amandie
06-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Yes, CountingAcct- PP+ does. :)

Lovely
06-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Can you just answer one question without it being proprietary? Does the new program give you daily points, plus a good amount of weekly points, plus activity points?

Yep! All three are there. It's just the numbers that have changed, but believe me it's still sustainable. :)