Old 06-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #1  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm VERY proud of my grocery run.

Well I've been having a hard time sticking to plan. It seems like every time I go to the grocery store I buy a whole bunch of junk that I don't really need...and then end up regretting it when I'm on the scale.

THIS TIME, I went prepared. I tossed out all the junk I had left and made a list...some of it is better then others, but I think overall I will be okay.

Breakfast Foods
Smart Ones Canadian Bacon Egg and Cheese English Muffins
Bananas

Lunch Foods
Lunchables (the small ones without all of the junk, 6 WW points, fast and convenient)
Whole Kiwis
Apples (red AND green)
Weight Watchers String Cheese
Broccoli
Gatorade (the low calorie one)

Dinner Foods
Smart Ones frozen dinners
Organic Chicken Breasts
More Broccoli
Peaches

Snack Foods
100 calorie packs of cookies
Smart Ones Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sundaes
100% Real Fruit Popsicles
98% Fat Free Butter Popcorn

I bought enough food to last me the whole week. Hopefully I can stick to it!
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Your snacks are interesting. I've never heard of this smart ones sundae. I'll look it up. I will also look up lunchables. I've never thought about them before as a lunch idea.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #3  
on the way to skinny

I'm a Pre-K teacher...so I have to have a convenient lunch...I eat while the kids are eating so it has to be easy to eat and clean up...and I don't have time to microwave anything or whatever...it's just a "pull your lunch out of your lunchbox and eat it" kind of thing. I've found that the lunchables are convenient to buy and pack (and I don't have to wake up even earlier to prepare my lunch)....and the kids love that sometimes I'm eating the same thing that they are. Obviously they are processed and not that great for you, but right now they are cheap and convenient and that's good enough for me.

Oh, and the sundaes are REALLY good. Sometimes they're in the ice cream aisle, and sometimes they're with the smart ones stuff. They can be hard to find, but they're great if you're like me and you crave raw cookie dough.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Your grocery list sounds good! I lovelove kiwis, I even eat the skin (washed, of course) if it's sliced thinly.

I used to buy lunchables all the time when I was working overnights but finally realized I prefer to make my own because sometimes I want pepper jack cheese or string cheese instead of their american or swiss. Same thing goes for crackers (ritz, saltines, wheat thins, etc.) and lunchmeat (bologna, cotto salami, turkey, etc.)

It only takes 5 minutes to put it together in a tupperware-like container. Just a suggestion!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #5  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

I love smart one sundaes.. YUM!
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

i looked for the smart ones sundae but i didn't see it. Maybe I'll try walmart's grocery.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/163/140

Height: 5'4''

that always seems to be one of my faults is grocery shopping. I either never make a list or forget it at home and always bring home crap I dont need! I just need to make sure I make a list everytime!
Andria03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'7"

Congrats! I've found making lists is helpful. I've also found staying away from certain areas of the store is a good idea . Not buying yummy snacks I love (like Breyer's Ice Cream) when it's on sale is hard for me. But I just keep repeating "it will be on sale again" over and over in my head. Lol. For some reason that works...and then when I've checked out and gone home it feels so good to know that I avoided temptation! I never regret not buying the treats either...only when I do.

As for the SmartOnes Sundaes I've seen them but never tried them. Walmart always seems to have them for around $2. They only have two servings I think. Compared to the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches and treats which tend to have 6 servings for around $4 and run about the same calories...and I'm just way too cheap to not go with the "2 free" servings. Lol.
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #9  
on the way to skinny

wibblewobble, I know what you mean. They ARE more expensive then the skinny cow stuff, which I also love...but one of my weaknesses is cookie dough. I used to just sit around and eat it raw. Skinny Cow doesn't seem to have any cookie dough flavored stuff, so I eat the smart ones sundaes when I'm getting a really bad cookie dough craving and it usually takes care of it.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 61"

yum, your choices sound great! I love the smart ones sundaes!
dj mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #11  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

amandie - great idea on making your own lunchables! That way you could use what you want instead of what they have. It is easier to buy them pre-packed, but I love good cheese and that would be an easy thing to do I think.
Think I'm gonna have to try those smart ones sundaes... those are pretty raving reviews!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote