WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters Summer Thread--June

Tina
06-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Welcome to the Thursday Chatters.
We love to encourage, discuss and have lots of fun while becoming healthier!

June is here and so is the heat down South. It doesn't make me want to exercise. It's even too hot to get into the car to go to the gym. I know, poor Tina. :lol: :lol:
I've gained in my seat and that must come off. :o :o:o :o

I need encouragement with this exercising. :D

Everyone come on in and post!
Tina

:flow1:

auntie
06-01-2011, 10:48 PM
It's hot here too! I think it is going to be a hot summer!!!!

Only a few more days of school! Yea!!!

Tina
06-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Susan, when is your school out? Ours is out tomorrow.

auntie
06-02-2011, 04:09 AM
Tina, we get out Monday and so do the kids! I'll be shoving them out!!

It's 2:00 am and I'm awake again with my mind racing. Plus I have killer cramps. What is up with that??? Not suppose to get them since I had that abalation.

jar1965
06-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Good morning friends!

It's HOT here too! Urgh!!!!! However.....the humidity and temps are to drop today! Not that it will matter to us.....we are beach bound tom. morning!!!!:carrot: 10 day forecast for North Myrtle is looking very nice. Even when it is soooo hot there, it's different! It's vacation! :dizzy:lol

Susan - Yay to the end of school! And......I've got some "junk" in my "trunk" to lose too! It just showed up one day! lol, yea, right!!!!:p

Tina - Stay cool girl! I'll post pics of vacation! Cross your fingers for me that the contractor gets in this week while we are gone!:^:

Tammy - Hope you are staying cool and feeling good these days!

Marion - hello, hello!

Maureen - Looks like you had a great time last week! Are you getting settled back in at home.....and work?

Janelle - Have a great week. Hope everyones doing better on your end!

Talk to you soon! I may take my laptop! We'll see!

Tina
06-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Greetings
It's Friday. Everyone have weekend plans?

Jeanne is off on her vacation. I hope she has a blast!

Maureen, you have been quiet this week. Are you all unpacked and back in a routine?

farmgirl, how are things with you and your family?

Janelle, I hope you get all your gardening done. I wish we had fresh veggies all the time. That sounds wonderful! :)

Mimi, I hope things are well with you.

Tammy, when is your European trip?

Susan, one more work day for you. :carrot:

Dori, we miss you!

I'm trying to stay in out of the 99+ weather. I need to run to the store for some veggies.
We don't have any plans for the weekend. There's always something around here to do. I finally got the last box of kitchen things opened and put away. Hey, it's only been a year. :lol:

Drink you water and stay OP.

Tina
06-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Checking in to say HI!!!!

I've been so OP today. I am way under points. I really don't think I'll eat all my daily points. That's okay to do, once in awhile.
Who likes blueberries? They are coming in now--large and sweet. I could eat a whole container at once--but don't. :D

auntie
06-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Hi,
We worked outside this morning and it was HOT!!! It's going to be a hot summer!! I think!!

One more day of school!! I will miss my kiddos but it will be time to start school again soon. Time seems to fly these days.

I rode my bike this morning too. i think I'm going to ride it in the mornings while Pat is getting dressed. That way, I'm not doing without someone here and if I don't make it back he can check on me. I don't go far but since it is the country and they finally paved our roads, people tend to go fast when they travel them.

Tina, I LOVE blueberries. i have been know to eat a whole container of blueberries :)

maureen kempster
06-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi everybody

I've been back a week now and I'm really thinking about whether I want to stay here or move back west. I hate feeling this way! If I knew for sure I could get a job back there I'd put my condo up for sale. I'm not really sure if it's where I'm living or where I'm working that I hate so much. I know I can't stand my job, but I need to work. Oh, well enough of feeling sorry for myself. I've been staying on program - had to get back on after my holidays -

It's a good thing fruits are no points because I eat so much of them too.

Well, lets have a great day

Maureen

theblueeyedgirl
06-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Just got back from a long weekend of visiting friends and family. Had a couple of graduation open houses to attend this weekend, ate out a couple of times, and spent a day at the hospital with a family member who was having surgery. I don't usually step on the scale in between weigh-ins, but since I wasn't sure how well I had done over the weekend, I coluldn't resist stepping on the scale when I got back home. Much to my surprise I was down 0.2 pound from my Thursday weigh-in, so that's not so bad considering the weekend I had. Back home now and looking forward to getting back into my routine.

shcirerf
06-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Hey everyone! Down .4 this week. 1.6 to go!:carrot:

The weather has finally settled a little bit and most of the garden is in. Will finish up this weekend.

Been busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs at work. Spring cattle work, fertility testing bulls, all the teachers are wanting to get their dogs and cats vaccinated. And the grooming, it's through the roof. Always is this time of year. I had several calls today, people wanted it done NOW! Sorry, I'm booked out several weeks. This time of year around here, it's not just little poodles and shi tzu's, I shaved a 100# Belgian Malinois today. That is JOB! Not to mention we have to sedate him, so it takes 2 of us to get him on the grooming table, 2 to pack him to the tub, and 2 to get him out of the tub and onto a blanket, so we can drag him back to a run, so he can wake up.

Meeting tonight was fun. We had our sub leader. She knows my whole family, so she jokes with me. After meeting we walked a 5k and then took some pics. I'll get them off my phone and post here later.:D

Tina
06-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Everyone is busy!
Janelle, you make me tired just reading your post. :) You must have strong muscles having to lift those dogs. Congratulations on your loss this week. :dance:
Susan, Yea!!!!! No more school for the summer!!!
Tammy, I miss you!

farmgirl, how is your family? Are they healing? I hope so.
blueeyedgirl, it sounds like you did good OP on your holiday.

Maureen, I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time deciding what to do. Going back had to stir up warm memories.
Mimi, are you still doing all your exercise tapes?

Jeanne, when do you come back home?

It was actually a little cooler here today---only 94, not 102.
It's not hard drinnking lots of water in this weather.

Tina
06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Happy Thursday!
I'm not OP today. I plan on having a very large piece of my birthday cake tonight. :lol:

:hug:

maureen kempster
06-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Happy Birthday Tina

have a great one you deserve it

:bday2you::bday2you:

auntie
06-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope you have had a terrific day!

jar1965
06-09-2011, 11:23 PM
:cool:

veli
06-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi! New here. Just wanted to comment on your post Tina about it being hot. It's averaging about a 100 every afternoon here and simply walking to my car drains me of any energy. But! I've resolved to work-out in the AM before work. I've gotten up at 5AM for work and for other people before so I can surely do it for myself! That's my priority this month. Glad I found this thread! Keep cool everyone!

Tina
06-10-2011, 12:23 AM
veli :welcome2:
We are so happy you found us. :carrot:
That makes 3 of us Texans here. Yea!!!

I've had a super birthday. Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.
I am soooooo full of Chinese food and birthday cake. :lol:
Tomorrow, I will be at the gym in the morning.

auntie
06-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Welcome to the group! I'm from San Antonio but live north of Dallas.

Tina, glad you had a good birthday!

I'm watching the NBA playoffs! I always am a Spurs fan but for the playoffs I'm for the Dallas Mavericks! It's down to the last 2 mins. Pat is oUt on the couch! Lol!

maureen kempster
06-10-2011, 06:48 PM
welcome Veli

maureen kempster
06-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Good morning all

Well, I was offered a job back in Edmonton!!! I used to work for a personnel agency and they want me to come back as the dispatch supervisor working 5 AM to 1PM-the same salary that I make here in a job I hate!!! A friend of mine back there is taking care of a house of a friend of hers that's had a stroke and she wants to rent it to me furnished at a very reasonable rate. I have the weekend to think about it. Then I will give my notice Monday if I decide to go and let the other company know. I'll put my condo for sale etc. No wonder I can't sleep and I'm sore all over.

My sister and I are having a garage sale today. Hope it doesn't rain.

I hope we all have a great day and say a prayer that I make the right decision.

thanks for being here ladies

maureen

Tina
06-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Wow, Maureen, what an opportunity! That's so great for you. I know you wanted to go back and that you have really hated your work now.

What does your sister think about this?
You are definitely in my prayers that you make the right choice and that everything wil work out the way you want it.

maureen kempster
06-11-2011, 06:46 PM
We had the garage sale and I made about $90 on stuff that was just hanging around collecting dust! I even bought a really nice long suede black winter coat from my sister for $10-nothing wrong with it. I got a sunburn on my neck, arms and face and I hurt now.

I don't know what I'm going to do about moving or staying. I'm so confused

well, talk to you all later

have a nice rest of the evening

maureen

auntie
06-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Maureen,
I know you have a tough decision to make. I do believe that God has a plan, sometimes it's just not easy to see it. I think this just might be a sign. Good luck, I'll keep you in my prayers. That's great about the garage sell!

Tina, have I said it is HOT lately, Oh wow it is going to be a long summer!! :)

Jeanne, glad you are home safely!

Tammy, how are you? When is your trip?

Mimi, you've been quiet. Are you working a lot?

Janelle, what's new in your neck of the woods?

Farm girl, how is your son doing?

Off to finish watching the game!! Go MAVS!!

maureen kempster
06-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Hi All

A new week starting and a new chapter(again) opening up in my life. I'm giving my notice this morning and I've emailed my acceptance to Edmonton. I have to give 4 weeks notice at work but I'm hoping they just let me go after 2. I'm debating on whether to rent my condo or try and sell. I have my furniture for sale and will just ship out boxes of clothes, pictures and other small articles. I'll bring my computer & television in my vehicle. So here I go again!!! I swear I must have been a gypsy in my previous life.

I'll keep you all posted

take care and have a super day on program

Maureen

Tina
06-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Hi all,

Maureen, I'm really happy for you.

jar1965
06-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Good morning everyone! What is everyone doing this weekend?

Maureen - sooo hapy for you! I know what it is like to be at a job you hate! Yuck! Thats funny about the gypsy thing.......my mom used to say that all the time. She was always "living out of her car", or so it seemed! lol

Susan - Yay to being out of school for the summer!!!!!!:carrot: Stay cool my friend!

Tina - How is the weather? So glad you had a great birthday!

Veli - Hellooooo! And welcome! You found a great group of girls to "hang" with! They are my best friends! ;) Can't wait to get to know you!

Tammy - Thinking of you! Are you getting rain today? We are! I'm kinda glad.....I have things indoors that need done and when it is sunny and nice out, I tend to wanna be outside! :dizzy:

Marion - busy working, eh? :dizzy:

Dori - If you're lurking......we miss you!!! Hope you and the family are healthy!

Well I'm going to start packing today. Although, I really don't feel like it....lol
I've been very lazy, sleepy, restless, stressed, and everything else that falls into that "non OP feeling"!:(

Have a great day everyone!

Tina
06-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Happy Thursday,
I'm so hot!!!!!
The a/c guy just left. He tested everything--twice--and it was all working correctly. It's just this hot 100+ weather we're having.
I'm going out tomorrow and buy some of those curtains that have the special backing that keeps heat out. Otherwise, our electric bill will keep going up, up, up. :o :o :o

Stress---none of need that stuff. Today, I'm going to soak in a tub with bubbles. :D

Lets's all drink our water and stay OP.

shcirerf
06-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Happy Birthday Tina!

Welcome Veli!

Congrats Maureen!

When I'm not trapped at work or inside because of the thunderstorms, I've been outside enjoying the summer and gardening. Mother nature hasn't been to kind though, it's hailed twice this week. GRR!:mad:

Anyway, still OP, down to 145.8. 145 was my original goal, but I think I'm going to shoot for 140. I have just a bit more pudge left than I care for. They are vanity pounds I know, but, well, I just want to do it. I started lifting weights too. The weight loss is great, but wow, do I miss the leverage those extra pounds gave me, restraining dogs. So, time to put on some extra muscle. I'm going on my lunch hour. Amazed at how energized I feel afterwards. :dizzy:

Last week and this week our WW group walked a 5k after the meeting. It was fun and we got to know each other better outside the setting of a meeting. And I got my 5k charm!:carrot:

Going to go see my grandbabies this weekend! :D

Tina
06-17-2011, 10:02 AM
janelle--:bravo: on that loss. That's funny about missing the extra leverage pounds. :)
Enjoy those grandbabies! :hug:
How is everyone else?
farmgirl, how is your family doing?
Mimi, exercising? :)
Veli, don't melt in this heat!
Susan, what are you doing with all your spare time?
Jeanne, are you packing today? How is the house coming along?
Tammy, today's the day!!!!!
Maureen, have there been any "bites" to your condo yet? What are people at work saying about your leaving, or have you told everyone yet? Can you leave in 2 or 4 weeks?

Stay cool and OP

maureen kempster
06-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Everyone seems so busy these days-

Way to go Janelle!!

Tina, everyone knows I've given my notice but today my the owner called me into his office and offered me a $3000. if I stayed until Oct!! Half to be paid up front now-he told me he didn't want to lose me and offered that I do the internal payroll and collections instead of what I was supposed to do and that was the weekly payrol for all the temps(over 200 employees)-I don't think he was serious but he also offered that if I stayed he'd send me to Edmonton twice a year!!! I told him I'd think about it and give him an answer on Monday-it's nice to be appreciated-which he told me I was-he said he valued my work ethics-but now I have something else to think about-but honestly it could be a lot worse-I'm not complaining.

well let's all have a great weekend

maureen

Tina
06-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Hi all, Yes, people are way too busy to write very often. I miss hearing what's going on with everyone. I know there is fb, but, it's not the same, is it!

Maureen, WOW,that is so wonderful what your boss said and offered. I think I'd carefully consider his offer. :)
That sounds like a good deal to me.
I'll be thinking about you this weekend. You have a lot to decide.

Today is Larry's birthday. He wanted to go to a pizza buffet. Turns out that they don't have the buffet on Friday nights. :( We ordered a very large pizza. (David went, too.) I just ate one piece. I have no idea how many points it would contain. I did so good all day. I've done good all week. My scales have gone kaput. I must go buy another one.
Anyway, I'll be eating light tomorrow.
Everyone have a great weekend.

shcirerf
06-18-2011, 08:57 AM
If it worked a pic of some of us who walked the 5k. I'm the one in black shorts, gray top and yellow lanyard around my neck.

Tina
06-18-2011, 05:50 PM
janelle, love that picture!

auntie
06-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi,
A quick break from writing curriculum. I have to get this finished!!!! I still have a bunch to do but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Nothing exciting here. I'm going back to the dietician this Wednesday and she is going to do a resting metabolic rate test on me. So hopefully that will help get me going in the right direction!

Maureen, WOW!!!! I can't believe all that is going on!!!! I'll say an extra prayer for you!

Tina, too bad about the pizza place! Happy Birthday Larry!

Tammy, I'm so Happy for you!!!

Janelle, love the picture!!!

Jeanne, have you come up for air??? :) Can't wait to see new pics of the house.

I steamed cleaned my carpets this week. It's funny, I've taken a nap everyday too but I've also been riding my bike!

Pat's band plays tonight and then again next Saturday. Then they will be off for a couple of weeks. I'm going both nights!

It's hot here. We've had about 6 days of over 100 degree weather! with a few more coming. Next week, it's suppose to break and be in the cool 90's!

Stay cool!

jar1965
06-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Good morning dear friends!

Soooo, I have a confession.....I have gained 20# since December! Urgh!
Yesterday I decided to kick myself in the butt and get moving! So I re-vamped (yet again) my ww plan, walking regiman and water intake and daily vitamin! I worked so hard:( to lose all that weight and look what I did!!!!!:( I feel awful!

I am going to start going back to my ww meetings!

Hope you are all having a nice day!

maureen kempster
06-19-2011, 01:09 PM
don't beat yourself up Jeanne, just start again. You'll do it you're worth it

maureen

shcirerf
06-19-2011, 02:16 PM
No worries! 3 years ago, I lost 51. Then slowly over the 3 years, 30 of them wandered back.

I kicked myself in the butt when PP rolled out.

I really think maintaining is way harder than losing. I know it's what I struggle with the most. I've lost weight lots of times, but somehow it keeps finding it's way back. :devil:

I'm really working on wrapping my head around this whole maintaining thing. I really want to get it right this time.

So, you are not alone. In fact 2 other ladies in my WW group, did the same thing in about the same time frame as me. We are all back at it. Thankfully Brenda and I didn't gain it all back, but one did plus more!

auntie
06-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Hi,

No don't beat yourself up Jeanne! I'm up too! Since I've been going to the dietician I've only lost about 5 pounds. I know that stress can do it to you.

Pat's band was great last night. Especially since they have had a 2 month break and not a single practice! Silly guy is out working in the heat..... while I'm staying inside but I'm still hot. I think I might go get the fan and turn it on.

Maureen, have you made your decision? That's great that your supervisor thinks alot about you. That is a tough decision. As my brother says "Make a decision and don't look back." Not that I do that :)

Hope everyone has a great day and stays cool!

shcirerf
06-20-2011, 01:18 AM
Don't really know where this post is going, but hang on!

This is the first fathers day for my twin sons and their amazing babies, and my DIL's that I love.

But, missing my Daddy! He was killed in a farm accident, in 1977. I do still miss him. I so wish he were here. I would love to just have 5 minutes with him.

Heck, I'd give up the 5 minutes, and let him spend those with his grandbabies.

This is a tough holiday for me! Dad was so common sense and no crip crap, and yet always there, something I strive for.:hug:

Tina
06-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Mormomg.
Janelle, I know where you're coming from. It's very hard missing parents on these holidays. We have great memories and that helps.

I'm up early today. Guess I'd better take advantage of it and get some housework done early.

veli
06-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Hello Everyone!
Thanks for the welcoming words. Please forgive me if it takes me awhile to memorize names and pics. Speaking of which I love the Jillian abs pics!

Hope all is well with you Ms. Maureen. I've followed your thread in particular because I have been in a very similar situation. Ultimately I chose to be in a place office/geographical location where I actually LIKED to be. I passed on a position that would pay more, but I didn't like working there. A professor once told me, "You're gonna be spending 8+hours a day with your co-workers make sure you actually like them!" Very helpful words. Hope it all works out ;)

Otherwise it's still hot, but I'm thankful for my a/c and my best friend's subvision's pool access!!!

auntie
06-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a good day. I've been to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. Treated myself to california rolls at a place a friend and I go to. She didn't want to come today, so I sat at the sushi bar. That was fun. Then to the grocery store to pick up a few things and now home to work on curriculum. You don't know HOW bad I want to be finished!!!!!

Veli, I grew up in San Antonio and my family still lives there. I go all the time. I'll be going in the next couple of weeks.

Tina, how are you feeling these days?

Janelle, My dad passed away last year. He was a rock and walked on water! I have always told my husband that he was the second man in my life, my dad would always be first. My Daddy also just smiled about it. I reminded him of that before he passed away and he just smiled and said "I know" A day doesn't go by that I don't miss him.

Tammy, how are you feeling?

Maureen, big hugs!!!

Jeanne, what are you doing today? How's the house coming?

Well, I've officially put off my work so I guess I better get busy so I can knock some of it out!

Stay cool!

maureen kempster
06-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Good morning all

I hope you Southern Ladies are coping in the heat. It's been warm here also but it hasn't been too humid so it's okay. My apartment is great though it's always nice and cool.

Well, I made my decision and I'm heading back to Edmonton. My last day at work will be July 11 or 12 and my brother and I will drive out on the 16th. It was a tempting offer to stay but it's not what I want to do. My Lord will I ever be content anywhere? I have to work on that.
I've started packing but will sell most of my stuff.

Well, let's all have a great day on program

maureen

maureen kempster
06-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Keep your fingers crossed - someone's coming to see my condo tonight!!! It would be too good to be true if it went this fast!!!

Tina
06-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Hi all,

Maureen, my fingers and toes are crossed for you!!!!!!!
I'm glad you decided to stay with your decision. I'm afraid that if you stayed there, you'd regret it and kick yourself. :lol:

Guess what------it rained here today! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
It's even supposed to rain tomorrow, too. :dance: And, it's not 100 today!

I'll write more later......

shcirerf
06-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Maureen! Congrats on your choice! Someone wise once said, if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life! It really isn't about the money, it's about being happy.

In other news, up .4 tonight. Should not have eaten that popcorn last night, too much salt.

Did decide on a final goal of 140. 5.6 to go.

Work. Boss gone to state vet convention. Should be quiet at work, HA, that's a lie. I spent 5 hours shaving an old hairy farm dog. Then went to the bone cracker. Shoulders better now.

Did discover, (so cool), that if you sign up for an internet account with Wal-Mart, you can sign in, go to the photo center and it gives you an option to go to your Facebook photos and print them. I ordered some of my grandbabies with the option to pick them up at the local store. Dropped off the 5 generation pics to the great gramma and sent the other side of the family pics, home with our sub WW leader tonight and called Mom and told her she could snag them at Joy's beauty shop tomorrow!

maureen kempster
06-22-2011, 06:00 AM
Janelle, would you believe that's twice in a week someone has said that to me!! Love it and really hadn't heard the quote before- it's fate

Have a great day on program all

Maureen

shcirerf
06-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Lol, my oldest son loves his job, he's a State Trooper, and I know he doesn't feel like he's working but out having a blast everyday! His twin, teaches HS science and coaches. It's the coaching he loves most, it's not work for him either.

Tina
06-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi,
I love that saying, too.

Maureen, how did the showing go last night?

How's everyone today?
It's raining again! :carrot:

jar1965
06-25-2011, 08:18 AM
good morning everyone!

Maureen - can't wait to hear about the showing last night! Fingers are crossed here too! Our house has been up since the friday before we left for vacation.

Tina - Yay again for the rain!!!

Janelle - I have heard that saying before! It's soooooo true!

Susan - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! :bday2you:

Marion - wow!!!! Dan looks amazing! Could he send me some of those willpower vibes!!!!

Tammy - Hi! Hope things are good in Ohio! My brother just bought another house (he moves too much...hahha) in ____________oh my gosh....my mind drew a blank......hmmm, I better send a text out to him right now, or that will just drive me crazy today! haha

Dori - as always, we miss you! Drop us a line!

My life has been hectic. I should have weighed in yesterday and I forgot....I will this morning tho.
The house is moving along. As some of you have seen on facebook. Today the furnace/ac man is installing the new furnace. Yay!:carrot: I have never had central air! Can't wait!!! We're broke! No joke! haha! But.....whatcha' gonna do! Well...........I'm going back to work! I start July 8th. Not to Barkus Chocolates unfortunately. But, I use to be in management with a company called Charming Shoppes. They own Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant and Cathryns. I wll be going to Fashion Bug about 25 minutes from where I live. It will be part time. I think I'm looking forward to getting out and away from things. But....I'm sure I'll let you know once I go. haha!
Jess & Kaitlin are good. Busy with their grown up lives. Can you say I feel "empty nest" big time!!!!!
Bob is still working alot, but not as much. He will be having knee surgery on aug. 11th.

Well ladies.....take care and have a great day!

maureen kempster
06-25-2011, 09:02 AM
good morning all- I've been packing - still don't know how I'm going to ship these boxes or to where but I'll figure it out. I didn't go to work yesterday because I'm getting neck muscle spasms. Does anyone know what can be done for these? Last Sunday I went to a clinic because my left shoulder's been sore on and off for almost 2 months - the Dr. told me is was muscle strain - so I can only assume that these spasms have something to do with that. He gave me a prescription to see a physiotherapist. I'm going to see if I can book a massage for today and then get the strongest over the counter drugs I can buy.

Well, I hope we all have a great day on program

talk to you all later

Maureen

Tina
06-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Susan
Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear friend, Happy birthday to you!!!
And, many more!

:celebrate:

auntie
06-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks!! So far so good!! I am here at the club as the band sets up. Oh I got my computer back today. The other night the cat knocked over a glass of tea on it! It was going to cost $1200 to fix and Apple did it for free! Lucky lucky!

Wow Jeanne, you'll need to work to rest! I love everything!

Tina, I'm coming to San Antonio after Disney World. I'll let you know!

Maureen, soak in epsom salt and warm water! It will help.

Off for the night! I'll post later! Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Tina
06-26-2011, 12:43 AM
I have sad news to report.
Larry's (my husband) brother is expected to die tomorrow or on Monday.
He has had Alzheimers for several years. He's only 59. We though it would be several more years before this happened.
Please keep us in your prayers. We fly out of here in the morning.

Tina
06-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Larry's brother died this morning.

Tina
06-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Quiet group here!
We had the funeral today. It is extremely hot in Abilene, TX.

Hope everyone is okay.

jar1965
06-30-2011, 07:42 PM
good afternoon everyone!

Tina - your family has been in my continued prayers! :hug:

Wow wow wow, busy here! We painted the garage....and it was awful! eeeek! So, we repainted the garage and I love it! yay! I'll take and post pics tom. or saturday. I was trying to wait until the landscaping was done too! I don't know if that will get finished this weekend or not.

Whats everyone doing for the 4th? Jessica is having a cook out at her house. I just love her! She is doing such a good job of working and taking care of her home and always making time for her family! Love love love her! Just sayin'!

So, tomorrow I think we are only working at the new house for a few hours and then Bob and I are going to "look" at appliances and porch furniture. Sat. we are going to see Transformers 2 in 3D and then to jessica's. Sunday at the house doing yard work. \

Well, I am going to eat my dinner. I did stuffed peppers in the crock pot today. bob is laying down before he goes out for midnight tonight and kait is hanging out with her friends. Ya' all have a great night!

Oh.....my texas friends.....they are having a big Antique/Flea Market in your neck of the woods in early fall. i sure would love to come. ;) (I saw it in my Victorian Homes Magazine)

maureen kempster
06-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone

still packing - my apartment is still not sold - most of my furniture is sold - just 6 more working days before I'm done - we have tomorrow off for Canada Day - I'm heading out to Edmonton on the 16th.

Jeanne you sound so busy you make me tired just reading your posts.

Tina hope all's well with you.

Susan, what have you been up to?

Tammy, hope you're feeling okay. When do you go on your trip?

Joelle, how's the garden doing and your exercise program?

Marion, you've been very quiet too. Do you have any plans for tomorrow?

Kate and William are in Ottawa(arrived today) and I guess they'll be on Parliament Hill for the Canada Day celebrations. Lot's of hoopla.

Well, I hope we all have a great rest of the day on program

maureen

shcirerf
06-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Down 2.2 this week! Rocking this! 4 to go.

In other news. The poor garden is suffering. 4 nights of hail in the last 2 weeks. Plus a coooollld, looooooooooong weeeeeeeeet spring has not done a thing for the seed or plants. My tomatoes and peppers are shorter now then when I put them out. The stuff that did finally manage to sprout is struggling or I've replanted it. AGain and AGain! I still have seed! I am an eternal optimist. Other than the garden we had dodged the worst of the hail until Saturday night. Now we have holes in our siding, roof damage, dents in the garden tractor. $6200 damage to the Suburban and on and on. It hailed again tonight. This is not the norm here. The norm is we do get storms and some hail, but not this much this many times.

As far as work, had a groom today that was out of the norm. Owner said the dog was abused when they got it. Well, it was neglected by them. Mostly out of ignorance. It's teeth were so bad,it's jaw looked odd and he didn't want me to touch it. I had gotten the owners ok to sedate. So we did, and then I put on rubber gloves and stuffed Vicks up my nose, so I could brave the stench and shave the face and find out what was under all the matts and slobber.

Poor thing only had about 6 teeth left in his head and they were awful, pulled one, cleaned the rest. He had puss running out of his bad teeth, which caused a skin infection under all the hair on his bottom jaw. Hence the stench. His hair was so matted, his haircut is not going to win any beauty prizes, but at least the matts are gone and his breath will be better now that his teeth have been straightened out. I did warn the owner, to not leave him outside until some of the hair grows back or he will sunburn. Amazing the people who will say, well, the dog has shade. Hello!:mad: The dog does not know they should get in the shade or they will burn! Been there, done that, chewed owners butt, and told them, I told YOU!

Another thing, got the news that friend passed, at first, rumor was suicide. Now, not seeming that way so much. The autopsy will tell, but I'm leaning towards her boyfriend shot her. Just does not feel right for her to blow her head off. Her current bf, not the greatest guy. We'll see. I talked to her Tuesday night, got the message this morning that she committed suicide. It just does not add up! She loved her baby girl and her dog, and her job, and had tons of friends who would do anything to help her.

jar1965
07-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Janelle - Good job!:carrot:

Tina - hi. How is Larry's family holding up?

Maureen - Wow!!!!! So glad the condo sold that fast! Excited for you!;)

Susan - woohoooo......I'm a smidgen' jealous! lol

Tammy - Whats new?

Well this morning I am going back to WW to face the scales. Then over to my friends for coffee. I'm not going to go down to the house today. I'm tired of it already. hahahahah. No, but ..... I am tired of the complete caos that our lives our right now.

Well have a great day everyone!

Tina
07-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Remember me? :D
I just haven't felt like posting.
Again, thank you all for your concern over my brother-in-lwe.

Jeanne, you asked about Larry's family. It's just him. Both his parents have passed. And, his looney, ugy wife, and her family, are crazy.
Larry is doing as well as can be expected.

Maureen, I was not aware that you sold your condo. Guess I missed that message on fb.

I hope Tammy is having a great trip.
Susan, how's Disney World?

Janelle, :bravo: on your loss.
farmgirl, how is your family doing?

Mimi, what's new?

Dori, we miss you!

I KNOW that I missed someone and I'm sorry.

Went to the dermatologist today and she cut off a place on my forehead. It wasn't cancerous - something like a wart/mole that had grown in just 2 week's time. Yuck!
I've started back walking and drinking all my water. Yahoo