30-Somethings - Biggest little pet peeve about being overweight?

micheleahsc
06-01-2011, 09:31 PM
What is your biggest little pet peeve? The kind that aren't really serious but bug you in a big way. Something that no one else probably even notices, but you think its all they're able to notice.

My husband can't decide between these two:

This sounds really silly, but I hate when I look down and the bows on my shoes are not in the middle. I know there off to the side because I can't get past all of my belly fat to tie my shoes straight. I feel like anyone looking will be able to figure out the problem. Okay, so I'm a little OCD, but still the bows should be in the middle.

The second is short fat plus size shirts. I'd like to be able to reach for something above my head without worrying that everyone is going to see my belly and all of my stretch marks.

luckymommy
06-01-2011, 09:46 PM
For me it's my bra digging into me....what about muffin top? The expression sounds yummy, but it feels horrible to have it! ;) Oh and when I would wear a skirt or dress, when I walked, my inner thighs slapped eachother, like a horrible high five every time they passed! ;) Ugh!

I'm not too sure if those answers count but those are some little things that have annoyed me.

Tinasan419
06-01-2011, 10:54 PM
This is a good one. Haha. Mine is shaving my thighs, I LOATHE it. There's just too much because I'm more bottom heavy. Doing my calves, knees and ankles is easy and fine, but oh my, my thighs.

I'm sorry you guys have trouble with clothes. I buy most of mine from torrid and their clothes are LOVELY for plus sized girls. I try not to pay full price but I never worry about muffin top or ride ups because they're made for short, chubby girls. You should check them out.

mhill0823
06-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Mine is the way my thighs rub together when i walk, it's killer in the summertime:(
and the back boobs and fat:( So embarrassing!

Crow
06-02-2011, 05:34 AM
I hate the gape in my shirts, no matter how big a size I buy them. I gain weight on my top half more than anywhere else, and that gape just makes me want to cry.

yoyoma
06-02-2011, 07:15 AM
When I gained weight I kept thinking I was pregnant. The belly just felt to me like I there was something in the oven. I kept thinking "of course I'm gaining weight -- I'm pregnant." After a few days or so, I would drop by the drug store, buy a test, and figure out that I wasn't.

I have always been bad at tracking TOM so I was often wondering how many weeks it had been. I wasn't on BC (getting pregnant would have been great but I wan't trying really hard to conceive either).

ShanIAm
06-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Mine was when I was sitting and I was able to feel my side fat (muffin top) hit my elbows. My elbows should NOT have been resting on a shelf made of fat! The other one, which was only an issue in the summer, was suntan lines. Not the ones made by clothing but the ones made by fat rolls. They appeared on my neck, under arm area (front part) and below the rear end. And I could never seem to tan the side of my legs. I had this constant white strip running down my legs.

HappiestMe
06-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I hate waving bye bye to my son and having my arms flap around. It makes me hold my arms tight to my side...he's almost 2 and I'm afraid he'll notice and point it out. lol

icelandgirl90
06-02-2011, 09:57 PM
My pet peeve was back fat, I was always adjusting my bra in the back so it would be less visible. I also HATED muffin tops. I would wear my pants up really high to try and disguise it and always have a sweater or my purse on my lap when I was sitting down.

SisiLeah
06-03-2011, 09:24 AM
My pet peeve is finding clothes. I have been searching, without luck, for a pair of wide legged dress pants. Lane Bryant used to have the Chelsea pants but discontinued them. I got some on ebay, but i couldn't find any in black.
All I see are "skinny" pants, tapered legs, and "boot cut", none of which are flattering to women of size. I don't want something tight around my rear end thank you very much!!!!
I just want some pants!
I just hate that the rage for skinny girls is wide legged (at least for work wear). But that for overweight women its either super slutty (e.g. Torrid, and some LB stuff) or super matronly in that "I don't care anymore" kind of way (e.g. Catherines). I even tried upscale places like Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms. Even at the 300 dollar range couldn't find a pair to fit me (I shudder at the thought of spending so much). I finally settled on a pair of 80 dollar Marc by Marc Jacobs that sorta fit... will be better if I lose five more pounds.
I wish I could start a line of well made, affordable (in line with ann taylor prices and quality) line of clothes. Honestly, if Ann Taylor offered plus sizes I think they'd make a fortune.... But they don't want my fat a$$ in their store.

Our money is just as green and spendable as the skinny girls!!!

ShanIAm
06-03-2011, 10:22 AM
SisiLeah, I hear ya on the clothes thing. I was a VERY pronounced pear. And I’m short. My hips were way big and my waist was small. Gap and Lands End used to make reverse jeans that fit me perfectly then they poofed. So needless to say, I haven’t worn updated jeans in over 5 years. Maybe longer. Lane Bryant was actually a saving grace for me but I still found myself having to go to a tailor to bring in the waist. I am very excited now that I can go into any store whether it be Walmart, Old Navy or Ann Taylor and find something that fits me perfectly! I’m still curvy but my hip to waist ratio is in the normal range finally. I’ve become a clothes horse!

Proatthis
06-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Oh ya for sure for us pear shaped ladies it's buying jeans to fit your hips and thighs but gapping at the waist! Also hate the fat that squished out over my bra at the back. Yuck.

zoodoo613
06-03-2011, 11:24 AM
I have the clothes problem, but I've been smaller, it was no better than. I guess I fall somewhere between hourglass and pear, but however you classify me, waists are and always have been too big. I might actually have an easier time at my largest. I have a gut now, but it's usually the first to disappear. It takes up some of the extra space in the pants that I need to get to accommodate my thighs. Once I lose that, I get the baggy crotch look, where my massive quads stick out farther than my stomach and catch fabric. Man, do I hate trying to dress myself.

zoodoo613
06-03-2011, 11:28 AM
My pet peeve is finding clothes. I have been searching, without luck, for a pair of wide legged dress pants. Lane Bryant used to have the Chelsea pants but discontinued them. I got some on ebay, but i couldn't find any in black.

How dressy? Business dress or dress-up dress? I was in Macy's and they had some dress-up dress wide legged pants that I considered getting. They had a guazy outer layer and were super fancy, ultimately, I decided too dressy for the occassion I had in mind.

redhead14
06-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Shirts that have the same size arm holes as a small but are plus size. What the stupid designers don't think our arms are bigger just the rest of us?! Some one explain that to me??

Riemontana
06-05-2011, 01:06 PM
My biggest pet peeve? FAT FEET!

My feet tend to be wide anyway, but my puffy, chubby feet won't fit in shoes. I have a closet full of wide shoes that I hope to wear someday.

As for jeans, I am an apple shape and I can't find pants that don't sag in the butt and thigh area. Lane Bryant boot cut fit me but they have such a limited selection.

jenfett
06-05-2011, 05:51 PM
I have so many but just the top few are trying to buy clothes that actually fit me. Back fat, seriously I was maid of honor in my sisters wedding and all of the shots of us at the alter were from behind and it was just disgusting, even more so because her bridesmaid standing next to me was a size 2 and I was a 26. And lastly, being the fattest person in my office and just feeling the judgment even when they are not saying anything.

SisiLeah
06-05-2011, 06:23 PM
I hear ya about the sleeves. I've actually held up the sleeves from different sizes and realized that in some brands there is so little difference between a 14 and a 20. I've found a handful of nice cardigans (Talbots Women does make decent sized sleeves) and wear a variety of tank tops with them.
I think its an issue for thinner women too. My regular sized friends complain about the same thing. I know a few women who

misstraveller
06-08-2011, 10:17 AM
My biggest pet peeve was having people tell me I was Pretty on the inside. DAMINT I want to be pretty on the outside! :(

My mother used to tell me that Someday a man would figure out how wonderful I was. Translation: You're fat, so they'll never want you for your looks.

Thanks, Mom, for f-ing up my body self esteem to beyond repair. My fiance' thanks you.

Aunty Jam
06-08-2011, 10:34 AM
:wave: Hi everyone

Mine is baggy pants... I have a big belly and a flat butt. Anything that fits over the belly is totally baggy in the butt and thighs.

I also hate that my thighs rub together, I have nasty wear marks on my jeans between my legs. And like was mentioned before try to wear a dress in summer? Ouch!

seabiscuit
06-08-2011, 08:06 PM
I have a few, hope that's okay...

finding shoes that fit me, I have a wide foot and I never used to have this problem before I was overweight :^:

seatbelts! unless they are extenders or really stretchy ones, they can be a real pain and a reminder of how far I have to go...

finding clothes that fit correctly

thats plenty!

hopefully we can use these as motivation to lose weight and keep it off :)

butterflymama
06-09-2011, 12:41 AM
-pants that in order to find my waist are baggy in the bum and hips (I am an apple shape)

- shirts that are wide and short (seriously what person wearing a size 3x wants to show off their belly)

- being afraid that rides at amuement parks wont fit me or when they do they are tight (last year a ride attendant had to move me to a different seat that was bigger and when he pushed the bar down he had to ask me to suck in and really lean on it, and I felt like I couldn't breathe :( yeah fun way to enjoy a ride)

-being to heavy to go horseback riding/dog sledding/ etc or even just worrying about being to heavy (when I think of all the activities I wouldn't do that I wanted to because I was worried about being to heavy and being embarrassed it makes me cry :cry:

AnnaGal
06-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Thigh slapping. No question.

sheramama
06-15-2011, 08:23 PM
My biggest pet peeve (or embarrassment I should say) is that I look more pregnant now then I did at 8 months with either of my children and wait, I'm not preggers. AUGH!

Michelle1128
06-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Oh man do I have a TON!
It goes from the thighs rubbing together and causing chaffing (usually in the summer time, but sometimes if I have a certain pair of jeans on)

Wondering weather the seat belt is going to fit or not (my mom owns a 99' Alero and her seat belt doesn't fit me !!! I'm really not that huge either, but apparently I am!...5'5 and 250lbs)

Oh the "Oprah arms" my boyfriends niece makes fun of her grandmother for having it, and one day she pointed out I had it

Wide feet D:

I can never seem to find clothes that fit me.. I'm either always in between sizes or just cant find what fits me correctly... I'm only 5'5 and for some reason all the pants in my size hang probably 2-3 inches off my feet so I constantly ruin my pants at the bottoms... or they are nicely fitting on the waist, but sag on my butt and my thighs swim in them.

My personal most hated....... the FRONT BUTT, My biggest fear is that I will never get rid of it. No matter how much weight I have lost It seems to look the same. (those of you who don't know what a front butt is.... it's just the belly fat that sort of hangs and appears to look like an butt on the front of you) Ughhhh something I have been made fun of for YEARS...

Slimjem
06-18-2011, 03:49 PM
My pet peeves echo some of those mentioned before.
** The short shirts
** How about the neck holes wider than your shoulders? Not one to show my chest off.
** LB sizing - I want to be a real size 7 or 8 not a imaginary one. Please go back to the normal sizing so I don't have to be measured every time.
** The 8 months prego look (my baby is 8yrs old)/ The flabby arms.
** My self-esteem :(

Esofia
06-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Cutting my toenails. I don't know if it's worse because I'm disabled, but it definitely got harder, and now that I've lost 9lb I'm noticing that it's getting easier again.

Being so bosomy that shirts are no longer an option. I was a 32DD when I was slim, which was already enough trouble.

kurisitaru
06-18-2011, 05:54 PM
A lot of people said most of mine. I hate the back fat, I hate bra shopping because my boobs fold out the top or the sides. Muffin tops... ugh...

Wearing skirts then walking and having your legs rub together to get a rash down there from the friction and sweat.

double chins... ugh...

jitterfish
06-19-2011, 03:41 AM
And lastly, being the fattest person in my office and just feeling the judgment even when they are not saying anything.

That I hate! When people make comments that probably aren't directed at me, yet I feel judged. Any discussion about weight/fat/exercise makes me feel uncomfortable. Or if I eat something unhealthy I feel like people are judging. Low self esteem and f*** off along with the weight ;)

Walking with friends and being the only one out of breath. I remember walking with my thesis supervisor up a hill and then two flights of stairs to go to his office for a meeting. I was sweaty, out of breath and so embarrassed that I was barely able to answer his questions. Woohoo, this one not so much a problem now though.

Precious Little
06-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Well it's:

-the muffin top (this drastically reduces my available wardrobe choices)
-fear of being mistaken as pregnant
-looking in the mirror and feeling disgusted with myself when clothes don't fit the way I want them to
-any sort of clothes shopping... those store mirrors are awful when they give you the 360 or even the 180!
-having my photo taken (had some awful pics taken while back and at the time I thought I was relatively slim but the photo blew me up and just looked horrible... might have been the camera angle though)
-fear of ppl staring/making jokes or nasty comments about me (its just what I feel when I'm in that low/vulnerable phase)
-the jiggly/turkey flab arms... no amount of exercise seems to address this
-having my DH say things like, "I'll still love you when you're a Teletubby" :cry: I know he means well but I don't want to be called a Teletubby!
-feeling frumpy and slack (for me it's the opposite of fit and tight)

Sunshine87
06-19-2011, 08:05 AM
There are a lot of good ones here. I am surprised that no one mentioned NO BEING ABLE TO CROSS THEIR LEGS. I can cross them and be comfortable for about 15 mins then I need to switch or shift. At 222 lbs I could do it however, it was extremely uncomfortable as the top leg was holding on for dear life to stay there. Crossing your legs is very comfortable when you are thin and I look forward to the day...

supergir111
06-19-2011, 08:24 AM
The distance between my back and my front, my peeve is my cirumference, It annoys me every time I look in the mirror. Especially my lower torso.

butterflymama
06-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Oh just thought of another one that I had kinda forgot that this happens because I have a big belly and will probably go away when that belly is smaller.

So every time I am washing dishes or anything in the kitchen sink the front of my shirt on my lower belly gets soaked because as I lean over to the sink the belly rests on the bit of counter at the front of the sink and soaks up all the dripped water. I hate this soooo much and then my belly gets cold and I have to change my shirt :mad:

Also I am sure that this is related to the above but every time I brush my teeth I get toothpaste on my shirt on my boons area.

Oh another pet peeve of my fat is when only my excess fat gets cold. like the fat blob on my back feels freezing cold when I am in bed. So romantic when snuggling with DH.

Beila
06-20-2011, 12:35 AM
My thighs rubbing together when I walk! I don't have this problem in the low 140's. Yet, at my current weight, they just rub so much together...sooo annoying!

I have to wear tights underneath dresses to feel more comfortable.

lagorditadecolorado
06-21-2011, 08:20 PM
I think most of the people mentioned mine, double chins, chafing, the (not) pregnant belly. Friends tagging your full body pictures on facebook.

Another pet peeve of mine lol when *other* fat chicks don't have the double chin. You know what I mean? They're essentially the same size as me but they have a jaw line and a normal neck. Why?? It's so unfair!

I also hate sitting on the toilet and thinking about the... overhang. I don't remember exactly when it started, I just looked down one day and thought, "where did all this extra leg/a** come from??

AriesNV
06-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Another pet peeve of mine lol when *other* fat chicks don't have the double chin. You know what I mean? They're essentially the same size as me but they have a jaw line and a normal neck. Why?? It's so unfair!

hahah! I know what you mean! That is proof that life isn't fair! Some women look so beautiful big, and I'm the same size and look like a fat Al Bundy (or so I feel like I do.)

My pet peeve is definitely the love handles. I can't stand them, and they seem to be so prominent in the back. Another big one that always irked me was my jeans. It didn't do anything for the 'look' when they were on, but when the top (where the belt would go) folded in half from my belly pushing it down when I sat always p!ssed me off!

I can't wait until the day when I can sit down and have no overhang.

bunnabear
06-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Mine is when people see pictures of me at my thinnest, back before prednisone when I worked out religiously and was in great shape, and they make comments and then they look at you with that "wow you've really let yourself go" look. That may not be exactly what they're thinking, but it sure is how I preceive it. Ouch.

bunnabear
06-23-2011, 07:57 AM
Posted by lagorditadecolorado:

Quote: Another pet peeve of mine lol when *other* fat chicks don't have the double chin. You know what I mean? They're essentially the same size as me but they have a jaw line and a normal neck. Why?? It's so unfair!

I know exactly what you mean. I have friends who have been larger than me but they have nice flat tummys and look great in clothes even at their largest while I have this pronounced lower abdominal fat. WHY?!? Darn genetics.

lagorditadecolorado
06-23-2011, 11:56 AM
exactly, makes me think I wouldn't mind being fat so much, if I didn't look so... fat lol the double chin and the belly are by far the worst for me!

KerriLeah
06-26-2011, 11:39 AM
My ankles and calves! I have thick legs. I do like that I am proportionately distributed with my weight but hate it in some ways too! Because my ankles and calves are huge and looks very silly when I wear some things. I won't wear any strappy shoes-- not happening!

I despise that my pants seem to fit sooooo well in the mornings. By the end of the day, they are falling off, and I know it ain't because of water weight loss or anything sensible like that. It's because I stretch them out in my office chair all day long!

jitterfish
06-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Being judged, not being able to shop in regular stores and sweaty out of breath monster when walking with friends up a hill etc and they are all sweet as

Jayded1
06-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Time and time again turning down offers to do things because I am embarassed if I get winded or worried about sweating to much in the summer.

my2cats
06-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Some really good ones here... the Facebook tagging hit a chord since I recently went to my college reunion and every few days get a "so-n-so has tagged a picture of you on Facebook!" - I just get a sinking feeling and have to go look and inspect my double chin.

About crossing the legs being comfortable when thin - I've been overweight almost my whole life and always wondered "does it get easier?". I can cross my legs but it's hella uncomfortable and I feel like I must look funny to everyone else because my leg is so high. I typically just cross my ankles. Now I'm kind of excited to try it once I lose weight. :P

Also I hate not wanting to do things with friends. For example when I go visit, they want to walk EVERYWHERE and I'm fine on a flat slope but any gradient and I start breathing hard and sweating, so embarassing. I still remember the time I went hiking with some friends in college - I was only about 180 then but still way out of shape. We were climbing up a mountain and I was huffing and panting but determined I was just going to to "power through it".

Well all of a sudden my throat just closed up. Nothing like it has happened before or since, but all of a sudden I could barely breathe and I just panicked and started crying. But I didn't want anyone to see me cry so I sat down on a log and just held up a finger like I was out of breath. And then was fairly convinced for the next minute that I might actually die because I needed to be gasping for air and I could barely get a thin stream.

It passed after about 1-2 minutes but I was terrified it would happen again and it made the whole thing even worse because I know they thought I was crying just because of the hike. Ug. They seemed super-concerned afterward and kept asking if I wanted to stop, which was considerate but also made it in some ways worse... I would never ever go hiking again until I am confident it would be easy.

Edited to add: SKIING. Oh my god, overweight + gravity + lack of muscle made this horrifying. I just couldn't slow myself down enough so I'd keep going faster and faster till I wiped out (usually skidding 20-30 feet, poles flying, skis snapping off). I played it up as being humorous beginner's trouble (it was my first time skiing and I'm from Florida originally, so my friends were excited to take me), but I was in soo much pain after hitting the slope* just a few times. (Friends took me to the medium slope first.. sadists.)

*To be clear I don't mean this idiomatically as "going skiing", I mean this quite literally as "hitting the slope" eg "colliding with the ground at high velocity" :lol:

kellkell
06-27-2011, 03:14 PM
For me it is not being able to cross my legs gracefully and still not properly being able to judge my clearance when squeezing through an area. I end up looking clumsy. We had a morning meeting and I had to walk the perimeter of the room to the other side instead of just cutting through so that I didn't have to squeeze awkwardly between the chairs. It is embarrassing.

jitterfish
06-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Oh yeh, I have that fear of not being able to fit through a space. Staff meeting I always sit near the door because I usually have to leave early and hate the idea of having to squeeze past people.

dreadfullydivine
06-30-2011, 05:09 PM
All of these hit a cord with me but especially..
Back Fat- When the **** did I develop boobs on my back?
Clothing-Find clohtes that fit right that I like and doesn't look like they were made out of a king size bedsheet.
Diving like a ninja to get out of the way when pictures are going to be taken.
Constantly having a wet stomach when washing the dishes.
The double chin thing is so true!
and finally which I discovered the other night when doing jumpin jacks not only do my boobs need to be strapped down so does my stomach! Talk about depressing.:(

jitterfish
06-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh yeh I forgot about the bouncing stomach! Running across the road and feeling your boobs and stomach doing their best to defy gravity, worrying you'll end up with a black eye from your boobs -LOL-

AmberJae
06-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Bahaha! readhead, that is SO one of my pet peaves. I call them my ham arm pronouncers. I have actually pulled at a sleeve enough to bust the threads just because I wanted to wear it.

Also, I hate that when I sit down my GAP Curvy jeans roll down in the front so my post baby mommy belly hangs out. Then there's the larger shirt length problem that makes it hard to hide both the front gut and the panties peeking out the gaping jeans in back. Ugh! I remember a day that I wore lowrise jeans and never once thought twice about sitting down. Now, I avoid sitting like the plague. I guess it helps me burn more calories that way.

Purhaps it's a conspiracy from the clothing makers to make us all uncomfortable enough to make a change. I don't know but I can't wait until I can buy clothes online again without fear.

AmberJae
06-30-2011, 07:43 PM
...getting told by skinny store salespeople "We have a large selection in your size online." Wow, that stings.

Also, the facebook tagging...I have actually gone and un-tagged myself. :(

...seeing people that haven't seen me since I was much thinner, then reading the surprise followed by disgust on their faces.

...not being able to wear my wedding ring, that little chunck of fat between my boob and my armpit, the way it sneaks out there in tank tops, having to put Monkey Butt powder on my thighs when I wear a dress and under my boobs if I wear a sports bra...

hoping1281
06-30-2011, 07:48 PM
I would have to go with when I wear a skirt or dress my inner thighs will rub together as I walk resulting in a skin irritation/burn. I absolutely hate it when that happen. Another major reason why I don't really wear a skirt or dress unless the occasion calls for it.

jltcmom
06-30-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm still laughing at the "dive like a ninja" to avoid pics (I HATE having my pic taken!!!)
Also, being mistaken for pregnant....my sister had a baby 6 months ago, at her baby shower someone said "oh you're pregnant too!!!" all I could say was no, i'm just fat!!

jeich92
06-30-2011, 11:49 PM
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, maybe it's just because my thighs are super fat, but I hate crossing my legs. I feel like everyone sees how hard it is for me to do and it just looks awkward and i hate it! So annoying!

170starting
07-01-2011, 07:27 AM
that little chunck of fat between my boob and my armpit, the way it sneaks out there in tank tops...

:mad: I have this whether I am 215 or 140... and I HATE IT!!! Mine doesnt go away no matter how much I lose. :(

magnoliafan
07-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Mine is clothing-related too. I'm a pear shape and for the past few years, I've been in that horrible middle ground of wearing a size L top and a 14W/16W bottom - which means that I have to shop in the misses section for shirts and the plus size section for bottoms. Sooooo inconvenient.

And short sleeve size L tops are my enemy. Plus size summer tops always seem to have nice, decent length sleeves. But misses tops? Almost always have tiny cap sleeves. Which means that I either go for the way too big on me 1X or else I go with the shirt that fits and let my upper arm flab sway free in the breeze. It's awful - especially since A) I still have the hugely fat and cellulite ridden arms of my formerly 270lb self and B) my right upper arm is nearly an inch fatter than my left. So I basically spend the whole summer tugging at my teeny tiny sleeves.

October Joy
07-07-2011, 10:42 PM
My biggest pet peeve is the way all my underwear, even the ones that fit properly, will roll down my stomach 10 times a day. How do you gracefully pull up your underwear at work??? I hate having to always run to the bathroom to fix it, but that's the only option. And if I don't pull it up then I get a sweaty patch underneath my overhang. **shudder**

I'm an apple shape with a flat butt so pants in my size are always falling off me even with a belt. Apparently jeans are only made to fit ladies with stuff in the trunk. I'm a smart car... wide round body, flat back end and no trunk.

Worrying whether or not I'll fit in a booth at a restaurant. We took my FIL and MIL out to lunch on fathers day and everyone had enough room between them and the table to fit another person. Except me. I was squeezed in and was so uncomfortable and self conscious.

Taking even a short flight of stairs at a normal pace leaves me out of breath like I just jogged up a 40 story building. Sooo embarrassing at work that most of the time I take the elevator and use my bad knees as an excuse.

LGW
07-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Where do I began?
--not being able to tuck in my scrub shirt really bothers me....I just want to be able to tuck the shirt in and wear my beeper on my hip like everyone else!

--when I was 18 people said I looked like Stacey Dash...now I'm compared to Chandra Wilson (overweight doc on Grey's). A poster of everyone's actor look-a-like was actually posted in my dept and I was sooooo disappointed....I'm not saying that she is not attractive, I'm just saying the only reason I even resemble her is size!!!!

LGW
Everyone must suffer 1 of 2 things - the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment...--author unknown (or rather I forgot who it was)

Mango30
07-11-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm annoyed that getting out of my car is such a hassel with my hips always hitting the steering wheel. I cannot wait till I lose enough weight to not struggle to get out of the car.

I hate the way I'm disrespected at work by skinny young assistants because I'm fat. I'd like to just fire them, but somehow I think its not their fault and they'd have a very different perspective and attitude if they had ever been in my shoes.

I hate the fact that I'm going to have to buy a new mattress for my bed because my weight has pretty much ruined it.

s rosa
07-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Not being able to cross my legs... that one snuck up on me, until one day I was trying to cross my legs and grabbing at my pants leg to help hoist it up. Ugh.

Putting my shoes on/giving myself a pedicure/anything involving my feet. I carry most of my weight in my gut, so reaching my feet is becoming more and more difficult.

I'm glad other people mentioned the jeans rolling down thing! I wear mid-rise jeans and whenever I sit or bend over the waist gets pushed down by my fat. It drives me CRAZY, I'm always having to do the yank-jeans-up-yank-shirt-down thing.

Anytime we do anything remotely physical with friends. I'm the most out of shape person in the group (by a long shot) I'm always the one huffing and puffing and sweaty. We hiked up part of mount rainier one day and halfway up I just wanted to cry, I was so humiliated.

Thighs rubbing together- OMG! I have to buy new jeans so often because my thighs rub holes into my jeans.

runningfromfat
07-11-2011, 09:12 PM
- Buying bras. I finally bought some in my size (that I had to order from abroad) and everything was ok but the cups weren't deep enough (Although the underwire if anything is big and the band is definitely the right size) so I STILL have the 4-boob look. :mad:

-Never finding pants that fit. One pair fits in the thights and has a HUGE gap in the waist. I have another pair that fits perfectly everywhere but because my belly is so soft I get a muffin top (but if they're bigger, they slide down and show my built in muffin top).

-The built in muffin top. Even when I'm not wearing pants I have that stupid thing+love handles, yuck!

-looking totally different from the front and the side. My stomach sticks out like I'm pregnant but from the front I look normal so, yay, I've been asked if I was pregnant recently (doesn't help that I've lost a lot in my arms/legs but not in my stomach) :(

- Underwear, I can never seem to find a good fit and regardless if they are too big or too small they seem to rub the wrong way.

- the pictures, i have to have a very controlled picture, otherwise, i can look horrible

-clothes shopping

- being the fattest woman in the gym

- felling uncomfortable sitting next to people on the bus/airplane

- feeling judged for what I eat around others

- yes, to the overweight girls who carry their weight infinitely better than me!!!!!!! I just looked horrible at higher weights

- becoming panicky if you need a certain clothing item (something for work, a wedding etc) because you know how stressful shopping for it is going to be

nomorexcuses
07-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Ok we can all agree that no one should get asked this question usless you are holding a sign stating the fact- but now after being asked by two people in the last month even I have started to check myself out from the side.

chickachicka
07-13-2011, 02:37 PM
I think the emotional issues far outweigh the physical ones. I hate being ignored by people. Especially at work, I work in a small company and the men will not even look at me! Also one day I was in a diner by my work and there was a man in there I haven't seen in eons...he used to have a crush on me. He took one look at me and he looked so disappointed and crestfallen, I cannot tell you how that one little look has haunted me.

DollyMichele
07-21-2011, 01:38 PM
For me it's my bra digging into me....what about muffin top? The expression sounds yummy, but it feels horrible to have it! ;) Oh and when I would wear a skirt or dress, when I walked, my inner thighs slapped eachother, like a horrible high five every time they passed! ;) Ugh!

I'm not too sure if those answers count but those are some little things that have annoyed me.

I vote for all of your pet peeves! I HATE muffin tops! I am always trying to get the fat into my pants but it won't stay so I am constantly pulling up my jeans. I look like there is a flood coming. :^:

Also thighs rubbing together is not only annoying but painful at times! I will never miss my muffin top or thigh thingy once I lose the weight!

DollyMichele
07-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Bahaha! readhead, that is SO one of my pet peaves. I call them my ham arm pronouncers. I have actually pulled at a sleeve enough to bust the threads just because I wanted to wear it.

Also, I hate that when I sit down my GAP Curvy jeans roll down in the front so my post baby mommy belly hangs out. Then there's the larger shirt length problem that makes it hard to hide both the front gut and the panties peeking out the gaping jeans in back. Ugh! I remember a day that I wore lowrise jeans and never once thought twice about sitting down. Now, I avoid sitting like the plague. I guess it helps me burn more calories that way.

Purhaps it's a conspiracy from the clothing makers to make us all uncomfortable enough to make a change. I don't know but I can't wait until I can buy clothes online again without fear.

OH MY GOSH!! I died laughing when i read your thread! I bust seams on my clothes too (arms & torso) so they are not as form fitting! No one wants to see every roll I have. But then I end up looking very unkempt at all the seams falling out of my shirts. Too Funny! I look forward to just putting on clothes and being done. No more spanx, ripping seams, and not sitting down in order to not scare the populace.

beatnikmama721
07-21-2011, 04:35 PM
I have to agree with a lot of you...the "love" handles torture me. And my belly UGH! 2 pregnancies and the same number of c-sections have left my stomach looking like I'm ready to give birth....I'm not pregnant! Oh the double chin how I hate you!!! And just being invisible...

amyleigh
07-21-2011, 05:06 PM
rolls. any place skin touches skin. saggy boobs, inner thighs, chicken wings hitting that boob fat that sticks over the edge of your tank top, back rolls, belly rolls, all of it. i HATE the feeling of skin rolling over itself, especially in the summer...or the winter when it makes you sweat and then it gets cold. groooosss. i ALWAYS wear tank tops under my clothes. i finally got rid of my belly rolls (when standing only) and now my thighs only touch about 6 inches above the knee and up, so i'm getting better hahaha.

almost forgot. thought i'd share one of my favorite Golden Girls quotes:
Rose Nylund (Betty White)-"You know what's a shame? When you sit down and your thighs squish out to twice their size. That's a shame." hahaha so true!!!

pixpix
07-23-2011, 07:22 AM
My skin. Being overweight changed everything about it. The stretchmarks are from the shoulders down to my ankles and I can't bear to touch them, let alone look at them. It's the one thing I'd like to be different. Just having normal skin would be a blessing.

devnet
07-23-2011, 08:48 AM
1. My feet hurt like heck if I'm on them for more than two hours. I certainly don't know any skinny people with that problem, lol.
2. The way plus size clothing designers make pants. Not everyone is 6 feet tall, and not everyone who is fat also has large legs. I have giant hips/belly, but small legs, so if I manage to miraculously find a pair of size 28 or 30 pants to fit my hips, I'm, of course, swimming in the rest. I look ridiculous.
3. seatbelts pre-2000. They're all made for itty bitty types.
4. Going for job interviews as a fat person, not getting the job, and having to assume it's because you're fat, 'cos otherwise, there's nothing wrong with you.

ItsMyTurn
07-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Jeans.. they are not made for bigger people who are of all shapes. For me, I am all waist; no hips, no bummy... so I need the waist bigger and never seem to find them to fit waist AND legs correctly. I also agree with the tanning... my sides don't seem to get any and under my arm where the arm fat expands (I know, pretty visual, right?) never tans. It's crazy. I sweat like crazy no matter what size I am, so that's not really one... but... being able to sop anywhere is ahuge one... Torrid and Macy's have been my friend... but would love to shop anywhere

DollyMichele
07-26-2011, 12:27 PM
I hate when my fat touches other fat parts! They are not supposed to be touching!!! I cannot wait till my tummy smooths out. I really dislike grossing myself out and I still have fat on fat going on. Gross!

I just got some stretch marks about a month ago. :( I got them from gaining weight so fast I guess? But it was a BIG sign that I have to change. So stretch marks go on the list too. They are so dark & obvious. I hate looking at them. :(

Cellulite: I know it genetic, blah, blah, blah… but it gets really bad the more overweight I am. I find myself sitting in front of a mirror to find the right pose to hide/minimize it. I can't wait to just sit down without wondering if I am grossing someone out.

ItsMyTurn
07-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Dolly - I gained over 58 Lbs with my pregnancy with my son and ended up with craters for stretch marks, so I feel you there...(he was 10Lbs, 11 1/2 oz at birth).... but if you use vitamin E cream and cocoa butter while you are losing, it will help them fade tremendously and start to fill in a bit. Thank goodness. They don't totally go away, but it does help TONS. Hope that helps to subside one peeve for ya ;)

bellastarr
07-26-2011, 02:06 PM
i hate just constantly knowing i am the fattest one in any given room and weigh more than some professional athletes :(

Redheadchick
07-26-2011, 03:06 PM
My biggest pet peeve about being overweight is that clothes are designed for women who throw up after every meal, then blown up into larger sizes for the rest of us. Just to let manufacturers know, just because I am a plus size, my shoulder seams do not need to hit me at the elbow, I do not need an arm hole that is going to hang around my boobs, the crotch of my pants doesn't need to start at my knees, nor do I want to tuck my boobs into my waist band-so it doesn't need to come up to my armpits. Halter tops, daisy dukes and one piece jumpers are not things that need to be made larger. I actually saw a size 20 bikini this summer-my size!- as I was looking for a swimsuit I could hide in. Can't we just get some quality, affordable, correctly proportioned clothes? I don't want to look like a fluffy hooker or my grandmother!

Redheadchick
07-26-2011, 03:08 PM
i hate just constantly knowing i am the fattest one in any given room and weigh more than some professional athletes :(

I know how you feel...I have stopped going out with friends very often because I have the "fat girl syndrome" where I feel like I am the fat girl, if you know what I mean.

DollyMichele
07-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Redheadchick - you had me rolling! =D "fluffy hooker"!! ha ha ha!! You are great!

Itsmyturn - Thanks for the advice - I am getting some cocoa butter & vitamin E today! Thanks :)

Lucky72
07-28-2011, 09:08 PM
I hate the armholes on clothes and also never being able to properly cross my legs!

LCPamela
07-31-2011, 06:53 PM
I agree with all that has been said.

1. clothes - of course is #1 - I am what I call 5x5...a square. I am wide as I am tall...so if I happen to find something that fits it must be altered in some way. Luckily, I have friends that are good at sewing...or I would be so screwed.

2. selt belts - so tight now that it will probably slice me in half.
3. cars - seat back enough so belly won't rub too much...my big toe is all that can reach the gas pedal.
4.pity in people's eyes that can't be hidden.
5. constantly being out of breath.
6. sitting at the end of rows so as not to have to crawl over people etc.
7. avoiding pictures at all cost.
8. people that talk bad about other fat people but when I call them on it...oh i am not talking about you...you are different. why am I different? I am fat like that person...probably weigh more. i don't understand it.

purplecrush
08-03-2011, 03:48 PM
I hear you all about the pants..Im only 5'4, so the pants that fit my waist are SOOO long on me that I have to roll up the bottoms and safety pin them (cant sew lol)

Also, I HATE not fitting into the bathtub!! Id LOOOVE to get my whole body wet..at the same time!!

Disneyland! Im always so afraid I wont fit in a ride! Im terrified. Plus, when we go, its always summer and Im always sweaty :(

oh and im underware rolling down!! Drives me nuts!!

EagleRiverDee
08-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Oh do I have a list:

1) Airplane seats- trying to stuff my ample self into an 18" wide space and sitting for hours with my arms crossed to try and make my upper body fit my space.
2) Restaurant booths where I end up squished between the table and the booth.
3) The trend in shirts where they stop at your waist with your arms down. I don't dare raise my arms. (Thank God for Lands End Tunic Tees).
4) Difficulty stretching because my fat gets in the way.
5) The mirror at the gym- I swear it makes me look twice as big...but for some reason it doesn't do that to anyone else.
6) Pictures of me - I don't feel nearly as fat as I look.
7) The way strangers won't look at me, like I'm a leper.

shalyn
08-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm round in the middle and short. all of my weight is in my stomach and back. shirts are either too long and the right width or the right length and tight showing the muffin top and back rolls below my bra. i feel uncomfortable either way. same with pants...tight waist, right length. if the waist fits the crotch and leg areas are baggy since my legs are small. i did find plus size skinny jeans (oxymoron) at Old Navy. only problem is they were low rise so i had to keep pulling them up but it was better than any other jeans i had ever owned. very, very annoying. we can't win!

Vicki 75
08-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Not being able to comfortably cross my legs!!!

aliasihaya
08-12-2011, 07:09 PM
I couldn't decide on just one, so I have a list as well:

1. Clothes is my #1 frustration! I'm tired of only shopping at Lane Bryant because it's easy and not being able to shop with my friends at a normal store. And why do so many Plus Size tops look like a kid took a paint brush to them? I see so many loud patterns, designs and prints. I have to wear plus size clothes. I don't want to wear a neon sign pointing it out.
2. Wondering if I'll be able to squeeze into the booth when I go out to a restaurant.
3. Having to ask co-workers to move their chairs in meetings for me to squeeze by when I know that everyone in the room could have easily walked past with no issues.
4. Airplane seats. I agree with someone else who wrote this. I hate squeezing in and tucking my body as close as I can so that I don't encroach on the other persons seat when I see the skinny girls stretched out and comfortable not touching anyone.
5. Someone also wrote this one, having to listen to someone mock fat people but then saying 'well I didn't mean you'. I actually had a friend get pissed off at me because I said it wasn't nice to talk about fat people being gluttonous at a buffet and she said something like 'i'm talking about ones that are really fat'. Apparently I actually wasn't fat enough to make the cut.

curlysue82
08-12-2011, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=jitterfish;3897436]That I hate! When people make comments that probably aren't directed at me, yet I feel judged. Any discussion about weight/fat/exercise makes me feel uncomfortable. Or if I eat something unhealthy I feel like people are judging. Low self esteem and f*** off along with the weight ;)/QUOTE] :carrot:

This is so true .. also worst is ignorant fat comments /directly and indirectly..
hurtful and harder to get over when unhappy with size..:o

I echo alot of what was said above, the back fat bulge, the bra.. etc

pointmeeast
08-13-2011, 07:39 PM
I think my biggest pet peeve is that I can feel my stomach sitting on my lap and it really agrivates me to know its there. I feel like I have to lift it up and shift it or lay on my stomach, which I can't do at work, just to be comfortable.

milleradah
08-16-2011, 09:36 PM
i have so many of these but my biggest one is shaving...can shave the legs no problem but gosh go and shave the girly parts i am just know it looks like a freek show in the tub:D

sheshalesha
08-17-2011, 05:38 AM
#1 Belly touching Lap while sitting...
#2 Lack of Clothing Choices. I am 36 not 84...I should still be able to dress with a little bit of style...
#3 Always being so darn hot and sweating...

SweetTreat80
08-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Mine is pictures. I HATE having my picture taken.

DollFaceBella
08-17-2011, 06:03 PM
the classic muffin top, the gap because of a larger stomach and smaller waist and lastly, and I doubt this one will change by the time in done, being heavy chested and finding dressier tops that fit right :(

SLIMplicity
08-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Is it just me or do we smell more the more overweight we are? especially the crotch ... TMI I'm sure... when I'm thinner I don't sweat as much

GAJulie
08-17-2011, 09:59 PM
My pet peeves about my weight that have already been mentioned: Shaving in the tub almost impossible, shirts that aren't long enough, chafing. My wedding band is too small.
Some that weren't: the fact that my forearms look almost normal while my upper arms are huge. I'm 5'6" but if I want capris that fit they come to right above my ankle instead of mid calf.
Almost worst of all: The fact that I weigh more than my husband. :cry:

RRB2
08-23-2011, 04:37 PM
OMG< I can relate to so many of of mentioned above!
I'm short and apple shaped -so: normal ankles and wrists and huge on top.
I wear size 20/22 tops and 16 bottoms (no trunk :) )
It's impossible to find clothes, especially in petite plus sizes.
Eating out - I always feel like people are judging what I'm eating.
I have 4 small kids and always feel like I let myself go, using kids as an excuse to not care about my appearance anymore.