Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: i was 70kgs i am now 64kgs

Height: 5ft 1

Default Anyone feel the same way about the dreaded jelly belly?

Im getting ready to go out tonight and i have been trying on clothes, new clothes i bought when i visted my parents. But im getting angry and frustrated when i try them on because my belly makes a huge bump in them and i cant stand to see it.

It would be fine to look pregnant if i was which i am not! and im very self conscious about that area after one of my mothers friends said i was so big i looked 6 months pregnant when i was 18yrs (and i wasnt pregnant then either!) and really upset me and that has always remind with me and made me paranoid about my jelly belly!

No doubt i will grab something baggy like i always do that will not show my belly bump or even my shape for that matter.

I have been losing weight but my belly tyre below the belly button doesnt seem to want to go down! infact where i have lost some weight on my sides and hips and everywhere else it makes it look even bigger!!

Does anyone else have this problem? any advice to get rid of it? or am i destined to have it forever!
Marmot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:22 PM   #2  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Keep working on getting fit and tone and in the meantime get some Spanx. Nothing like a good pair of Spanx sucking you in to make you feel better.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

Spanx tank are wonderful things!

Also, I have found that there are some great books out there for dressing your body shape, whatever it is. I tend to carry weight in the middle but even at my weight, there are ways to minimize how that looks.

Have you had children? Or been very overweight? Because either one can cause your abs to separate in the middle and that can cause a poochy stomach to varying degrees (from not so bad to requiring surgery). Most people who have had a baby have some degree of separation. There are specific exercise you can do to fix that.

I hope you manage to have fun anyway and I'm sorry your mom's "friends" were so mean.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: i was 70kgs i am now 64kgs

Height: 5ft 1

No i havent had a baby yet my and my partner are acutally trying for a baby now although we have been trying for a year now and im worried my weight is the problem nothing has happened so far.

I have always been over weight even when i was a kid and my grandmother was always giving us treats or chocolate if we got upset.
Marmot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #5  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

Yes, I definitely have The Belly, and I always did even when I was within my ideal weight range.

There are exercises you can do to tone and pull in your abdominal area, and I can tell you from experience that they work really fast. Why don't you look out for something to specifically target that area?

Let us know if you find anything that works!!
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote