Chicks up for a Challenge - Autumn Beauties June Check-In (Everyone is Welcome to Join!!)

GettinFit
05-31-2011, 09:41 AM
June is already upon us. Everyone is welcome to jump right in with your goals for the month of June. Let's set our goals and work really hard to reach them:D I hope we all have a great month!!!

June's Challenge:

1. Set a simple weight loss goal for the month of June ~ if you don't feel comfortable setting a weight loss goal, feel free to set a different weight-loss/eating goal (i.e. I will stay at or below 1800 calories every day, etc.)
2. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to work-out in June.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THIS THREAD and check in with us. This is important and a great way to stay on track.
4. Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do!

Bonuses (Should You Choose To Accept Them…)
On the days that you don't exercise:
•Pick 2 or 3 songs and just dance around to them. Your heart rate will be up and jumping for 10 minutes and you'll feel great (who doesn't like to burn off some energy/steam through dancing?!), or

•Park a little farther away from anywhere you go on that day (work, store, etc), or

•Do both!!

Alright everyone, Let's rock it during June :cb:

GettinFit
05-31-2011, 09:44 AM
My Goals for June are:

1. Stick to eating right and watch the sodium
2. Walk 45 miles this month and do at least 4 Firms a week
3. Post here daily
4. Try more recipes
5. Stay on track every single weekend in the month

Emme
05-31-2011, 10:21 AM
I am in! Ah, June...

Goals for this month:

1) Lose 5 pounds which would put me at 169
2) Do some kind of exercise 5 times a week
3) I usually check in every day
4) To stay on track and focus when I get exhausted -- that's when I tend to break down and have piglet moments. :)

patchworkpenguin
05-31-2011, 10:35 AM
1, make better choices when I eat. I've been slipping, LOL
2, exercise but be more active overall
3, check in daily with food and exercise
4, thinking.... I'm sure there's something else I could do

Uneventful weekend for us. Mostly stuck around the house trying to get stuff done.

I tried adding more protein to my diet for a few weeks and gained so I went back to what I was doing before, I feel better even though its only been a few days. We did eat out a few times this weekend. TOM is next week but I already feel bloated and grumpy. :mad:

TooManyDimples
05-31-2011, 04:44 PM
May flew by! June is going to be an interesting month for me. I'm going to be on vacation from the 10th to the 21st so my goals will be a little less ambitious then usual.

Goals for June:
Lose 6lbs
Exercise all weekdays accept for while on vacation
Eat on plan foods daily
100+ oz of water a day

Tomorrow is my weighin of course! I'm also going to take new pictures and my measurements. Unless somethings gone completely wrong I should be in the 220's tomorrow! =)

patchworkpenguin
05-31-2011, 05:02 PM
I did 40min UB weights followed by 30 min steady state on the TM. I think I'm going to try a short weight workout followed by the treadmill for a while and see what I think, it might be a good way to sneak some more cardio in.

bama girl
05-31-2011, 05:05 PM
I'd like to jump in here, if y'all don't mind! I need accountability SO badly.

My goals for June are:
1. Say goodbye to the 130's-- as a stretch, potentially hit the 10-lb mark of 127.4
2. I would love to work out every day, but that is not realistic so I will say 5 days a week
3. I will check in 6 days a week, giving myself an off day, just in case.
4. I made a binder to track my progress/goals, so my goal for June is to actually USE it!

konfyoozed
06-01-2011, 12:59 AM
i am definitely in for june! june should be fairly easy. the only 'off plan' days on the calendar are june 3 and 6. hubby's birthday, and his first day at a new job. so we've got a dinner and a movie date on his birthday + his favorite (super off plan) meal slated for monday to celebrate.

i'm gonna set the same goals as last month.

1. weight goal: i would LOVE to get to 260 by the end of june.
2. workout at least 15 times (3x per week), try for 20 (4x per week)
3. Visit every day!
4. drink over 80oz of water per day
5. stay between 1600-1800 calories per day

TooManyDimples
06-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Well I did it, even if just barely. 229.2 this morning! I was hoping to be a little more firmly into the 220's, but I can not be anything but happy. I haven't been in the 220's since I was probably 19 or 20. It's an 8.6lb loss for the month. Only down 2.2 since the 15th.. Hopefully things will pick back up a little this month. My goal is just 6lbs for the month so if I can get 3 before my vacation, maintain while I'm on vacation, and then 3 after I'll be happy.

I'm doing my midmonth weighin early since I'll be on vacation on the 15th. We're leaving on the 10th so I'm going to weighin that morning when I get up.

I hope everyone has a great month!

Emme
06-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Kim ~ Awesome!! You are officially in the 220s! :cheer: I'm sure you'll have a great month!

bama girl ~ Welcome! Great goals!

Mandy ~ Good lookin' goals! I hope June is a good month for you!

I hope everyone else is doing great -- it's bright and sunny here today. We have to dig five 2' x 2' holes for trees this week, so I am going to be chipping away at that tonight (but I might plant some bushes that we have because that's a little easier!).

Tricia Fierce
06-01-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm in for the challenge!

Last May I didn't do as well as I wanted to BUT I believe I did better than I probably would have if not for the challenge. My goals for this month are:

1. Check in here daily
2. State my daily affirmations
3. Count my PointsPlus values (PPV), daily
4. Attend WeightWatchers meetings, weekly.
5. Continue with Insanity challenge 6x a week.
6. Make it into the 210's!
7. 5 fruits/veggie servings a day, minimum.

About the last challenge to myself - looking back at my journal I see that, while I might have been eating my target PPV daily I just wasn't eating enough of the green stuff, which is likely why I maintained in May. That changes, today! I'm on vacation right now so I have the opportunity to transition my refrigerator and pantry for the challenge and I am going to take advantage!

Congrats to everyone for challenging themselves, and for the progress you've already made!

patchworkpenguin
06-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Bama Girl, Welcome, good to have you join us.

Kim, congrats on the 220's! :dance: Where are you going on vacation?

Tricia, good job on maintaining anyway. I hear you on the more fruits and veggies. I'm trying to eat more of those myself.

Mandy, congrats on Hubby's new job! Whats the meal?

Emme, enjoy the planting!

Lower body and cardio planned for today, as well as laundry {yes, more!}, knitting and various other housework.

bama girl
06-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Wooooohoooooo! I dropped almost 4 lbs of water weight overnight! I love the human body's response to rehydrating... so this puts me at 133.6 this morning. I do expect it to probably fluctuate, but that's ok.

GettinFit
06-01-2011, 02:30 PM
UGHHHHH!!!! I posted this morning but it's not here and I know I hit submit reply. Oh well, I'll try and remember what I typed!

:welcome: to the group bama girl and WAY TO GO on such an awesome start to your weight loss journey.

Kim - Congrats on making the 220s. You did an awesome job losing 8.6 pounds last month.

Emme - Have fun digging & planting. That should be a good upper body workout :lifter:

Penguin & Mandy I hope you're having a great day!

Lisa & Monique - We haven't heard from you in a while and I hope you ladies are doing okay.

My May was okay. My total loss for the month was 5.8 and I lost 15.5 inches. I only lost 1 inch off the waist and since this is my problem area, I really need to do more ab work this month. I'm also aiming for 7 pounds this month so that means I need to stay 100% OP over the weekends. I am also upping my exercise this month.

Have a great afternoon everyone :)

Emme
06-01-2011, 02:33 PM
GettinFit ~ Wow ~ 5.8 pounds lost is awesome!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/cheer.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) And the inches?!?! Holy moly!!!

patchworkpenguin
06-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I did 60min LB/cardio today. The cardio was built into the lowerbody DVD so I didn't have to add it afterwards.

TooManyDimples
06-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Penguin ~ We're going to visit my mom in Florida. She lives near Orlando so we're doing Disney and SeaWorld. My daughter is pretty excited.

GettinFit ~ Way to go on all those inches lost!

I hope everyone had a great day!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Reporting:
1st ~ Kickboxing, 30 minute workout. Ate on plan. 130oz water.

micheleahsc
06-01-2011, 08:45 PM
I am really hoping that my jumping in is okay. I'm highly motivated to lose weight right now and I'm a little worried I'll slack off again.

1) I would like to lose 15lbs this month. Since I'm just starting out again, I'm hoping that this is attainable.

2) I would like to start recording my food intake and exercise.

3) I would like to come at least 6 days.

4) I would like to exercise at least 6 days. I'm trying to start with 20 minutes of the spinner and work up to 40 minutes by the end of the month.

Emme
06-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi Michele! Welcome to the board!! Your goals look awesome -- this is a great thread because we all count on each other and encourage each other along the way. Some days are super for us, some days are "the norm", some days just plain stink (maybe someone had a tired day, or an overeating day, etc.), but we are all here for each other to lean on! :)

GettinFit
06-01-2011, 09:30 PM
:welcome: Michele. It's nice to have you join us. Just jump right in with your posts. Like Emme said, we're all here to encourage each other along this journey.

I had a pretty good day. Ate good and did a 45 minute Firm workout and did a quick 20 min walk at work.

Have a great evening everyone

GettinFit
06-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Today's journal

25 Points Avail
31 Used
35 Bonus Points Avail
(Used 4 Bonus pts)
29 left

B: McD oatmeal, coffee w/creamer (6pts)
L: grilled chicken (5pts) collards (0) granola bars (4pts)
S:Yocrunch yogurt (2pts)
D: Subway sub (8pts) lf strawberry tart (4pts)
Exercise: Firm Ultimate Fat Burning Workout & walked 20 mins

pattypaw
06-02-2011, 12:55 AM
May seemed to fly by, so here we go for june....

I want to lose at least 5 pounds this month
I will exercise 5 days a week (i slacked on it in may big time)
I'll check in as often as possible
I'm going to work really hard this month staying on plan on those dreaded weekends

konfyoozed
06-02-2011, 12:57 AM
penguin: the meal for the hubby is a skillet meal. browned, chunked potatoes and onions sauteed in olive oil then polish sausage sliced and browned. mix it all up then add a side of mac n cheese. i'll make a huge salad to go with, and hopefully won't overdo too much (but it is really tasty).

today i checked my weight, 270.1lbs. meaning. only 2.2lbs up from the day before my wedding (267.9lbs) i can SO handle that!

goals:

1. weight goal: today's weigh in 270.1 (goal 260)
2. workout at least 15 times (3x per week), try for 20 (4x per week) (0/15)
3. Visit every day! (here i am!)
4. drink over 80oz of water per day (104.5oz)
5. stay between 1600-1800 calories per day (1641 calories)

GettinFit
06-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone's day is going good so far.

Mandy - Your meal sounds so yummy! I'm sure you'll get rid of the 2.2 soon.

Yesterday I didn't drink enough water because I was so busy at work and forgot to drink it. Today I will be sure to drink more than enough. I am so ready to get below 219.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

GettinFit
06-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Today's Journal

25 pts
29 Bonus pts left
Total pts 24.5

B: McD Oatmeal (5) coffee (2)
L: 1/4 Subway sub (3.5) cucumber & tomato w/vinegar (0) 100 cal cookies (2)
S: mandarin oranges (1) greek yogurt (3)
D: 3 small BBQ ribs (6) collards (0) 2 dark choc (2)

bama girl
06-02-2011, 11:35 AM
GettinFit - Wow, your meal plan sounds really good right now! I'm lazy and just woke up (perks of still being in college, I guess), so I'm debating on whether I should go ahead and try to cram in breakfast at 11:30 AM or skip it and just move on with the day. I'm kind of thinking the latter, but I don't want to purposely underdo my calories.

Despite having an unfortunate encounter with a 4 oz. block of cheese last night, I weighed in this morning at 132.4, which makes a 5 lb loss since I started weighing in on Monday. I'm going to go ahead and blame the amount of water I've been drinking, and I think when my body gets used to it, things will level off a bit. :)

Monique
06-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Good morning, Beauties! Dropping in to say hello. I'm still around...just apparently, not as talented as many of you are when it comes to keeping up with multiple threads. LOL. Plus, I got such much going on in my life. I have a mother with M.S. plus she has paranoia on the side which some M.S. patients get right along with the M.S.

Right now she's in one of her paranoia episodes where she's been targeting me and accusing me of stealing her things, etc. It's really tough to have your mom thinking I'm doing things I'm not but I know she can't help it. But anyway, so yeah, I'm kind of dealing with that right now.

Even though I won't be much of a participant around here, I'll always be around and I'll drop in to say hi sometimes.

Take care, ladies.

Monique

Emme
06-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Monique ~ I am so, so sorry to hear about your mom and what is going on with her M.S. and paranoia. Although it's not the same thing, my great-aunt had dementia and she was very paranoid and accused people of things, and it was tough to watch...and she was my great-aunt...I can't imagine what it's like to watch your mom go through this. You are both in my prayers. :hugs:

littlebumblebee
06-02-2011, 04:30 PM
My Goals for June

1. To use my "30 day Shred" everyday for the month of June.
2. I will eat healthy every single day.
3. I will keep a food journal.
4. I will check in on this thread every Friday.

patchworkpenguin
06-02-2011, 04:59 PM
I did 35 min of upper body weights followed by 35min of plyometrics cardio.

Monique, very sorry to hear about your mom. Drop in when you can and take care of yourself.

Bee, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Bama, I'm rarely hungery right when I wake up so I like to wait for a while which isn't always practical.

Mandy, dinner sounds good.

TooManyDimples
06-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Welcome Michele! Good luck with your goals this month. =)

Hey Monique. Sorry to hear about your mom. My MIL has MS so I know it can be hard. I hope things get better and you have a great month.

I had a good day. I spent the whole morning cleaning and then I went for a walk with my family this evening. I need to work on getting my exercise going stronger again.

Hope everyone had a good day!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Report:
6/1 ~ Kickboxing, 30 minute workout. Ate on plan. 130oz water.
6/2 ~ 20 minute walk. Ate on plan. 156oz water.

micheleahsc
06-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks so much to everyone for the warm welcome!

I'm still getting myself together foodwise. My stomach is usually upset in the mornings (its always been this way), so I've gotten out of the habit of eating in the morning. I've been making myself a breakfast shake, which has been going really well. I'm still working on the food log. I have one made up from my last attempt to lose weight, but it had problems. I think I'll work on fixing it up tomorrow and trying to use the new version.

I used the spinner bike for 20 minutes on Tuesday and Wednesday, and am planning on getting back on this evening after I post. I spent an hour today playing with the kids in the pool, about three hours cleaning up a back area of the library at school (I'm the school librarian) on Wednesday and about five hours cleaning and moving furniture at home on Tuesday.

Ferumbras
06-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm late joining, but I hope that's okay!

1. Get down to 162
2. Average 30 minutes of exercise a day each week
3. I'll visit this thread every day, but will commit to posting 5 times a week
4. Stay on plan with my eating, especially while out of town next week

So far, I'm down to 172.2 and have done c25k, 30 DS, and kickboxing thus far in June.

GettinFit
06-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Good evening ladies,

Monique - I'm sorry to hear about your mom and what you're having to deal with. I hope things bet better soon. So nice for you to check in with us too. We do miss your posts.

Welcome Ferumbras and littlebumblebee. It's nice to have you join the group. I look forward to hearing about your successes.

I hope everyone else enjoys the rest of the evening.

Grace73
06-03-2011, 07:30 AM
My Goals for June are:

1. Keep eating less, and with better quality..
2. Drink 8 glasss of water a day
3. NO bread/Carbs after 8 pm..
4. Work out in some form 1 time a day..

This past week i lost 4 pounds!! just with these changes. I know won be like this every week!! but its a start!! Happy JUne Everyone!

GettinFit
06-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Happy Friday everyone:D

Friday - Great job!!! You're off to a great start. Keep up the great work.

I'm so happy to be in a groove now. I just need to do everything possible to stay here. That means sticking to my plans for the month.

I was down 1 pound this week. I was hoping for more but I'm happy that at least the scale is going down.

I did a Hip Hop Abs workout before work and I may try and do something else after work.

Have a great OP day ladies.

Emme
06-03-2011, 11:22 AM
'Morning everyone! Welcome to the newbies! Your goals look great! :)

Friday ~ Kick butt on the poundage drop!

GettinFit ~ You are workin' it, girl! Keep up the good work!

My WI was this morning and I'm up 1.2 pounds from last week, but that's ok with me. I usually lose 1 pound a week and over the past two weeks I lost 4 pounds, so I think my body is just rebalancing itself. Onward and downward!

GettinFit
06-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Emme - How's the planting coming? Are you close to being done? I'm sure that pound will be gone soon. You have done an awesome job!

My journal

25 Pts
29 Bonus Pts left

B: canteloupe (1pt) milk (2pts) coffee (1pt)
L: Lean Gourmet (4pts) salad w/feta & bacon bits & FF Raspberry vinaigrette dressing (4pts) 2 Chocs (2pts)
D: TBD
S: Special K protein snack bar (2pts)
Exercise: Hip Hop Abs

bama girl
06-03-2011, 11:49 AM
I think I need to become more creative in my food choices, because GettinFit's food plans have made me HUNGRY frot the past 2 days!

Y'all, I do NOT want to exercise today. Buuut I need to. Boo.

No change at weigh-in this morning from yesterday, but I don't expect massive changes every day, so I'm just going to stay OP today and see what happens within the week :)

Emme
06-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Emme - How's the planting coming? Are you close to being done?

We're getting there! We still have 5 trees to plant, but they are not "little trees." The rootballs are 2 1/2 feet wide by 2 1/2 feet deep, so they are monstrous and three guys had trouble getting them into our backyard. So, we have to dig holes for those this weekend. It will be interesting! I will be sure to post photos when it's all done. :)

Ferumbras
06-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Good news from the scale this morning: my body fat % is down while my muscle % is up!

And I'm with you, bama girl, I do not want to exercise today. In fact, I don't want to do much of anything. I've been feeling incredibly lazy and all I want to do is sit on the couch (not eat!) and watch Law and Order (as opposed to writing about law and order (concepts, not the show) as I should be doing).

Tricia Fierce
06-03-2011, 03:17 PM
My goals for June:

1. Check in here daily
7. 5 fruits/veggie servings a day, minimum

I have been sick the past couple of days - particularly yesterday and today - so I've decided to give myself a break from the workouts (which are rough physically~) and focus on my intake. Yesterday was not OP day - I tend to eat a lot less when I get sick, which is just as bad as eating too much! Today I'm focusing on at least making it to my daily PPV and keeping hydrated.

Welcome to the new Autumn Beauties! The ladies in this group are soooo motivating - you are in a really great place!! :goodvibes

GettinFit
06-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Bama girl - I'm sorry to make you hungry:( I post my food because it helps me to stay on track knowing that I have to put it here in black & white. I hear 'ya on the exercise. Friday is the hardest day for me to workout. For the last few Friday's I've been getting up earlier to do it before I head out for work. Otherwise, it might not get done.

Tricia - I hope you feel better soon.

Ferumbras - Great job on your good results this week. I am so proud of all of us!!

A NSV for me- I'm going to have to retire the pants I have on today :carrot: When I got up to 235, I had to go out and buy some size 18s and now they are all way too big. Now I can't wait to get rid of the 16s.

Ferumbras
06-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Congrats, GettinFit, that's always a great feeling!

patchworkpenguin
06-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Today I did 28min of lower body work and 33min of boxing. Halfway though the boxing workout my shoulders started cramping and screaming at me. I had to stop and stretch them out but they still feel a bit upset. Maybe boxing was a bit much after yesterdays upper body workout.

I'm trying to grow my hair out of its pixie cut. Its at the stage where I'm barely able to pull it back in clips and its driving me nuts, but I got a compliment on my 'cute new hairstyle' today which made me feel a lot better about it.

Gettin, good job on the pants.

bama girl
06-03-2011, 04:54 PM
GettinFit- no need to be sorry! By hungry, I mean it just all sounds so delicious! Your meal plans are really inspiring me to branch out a bit more than usual because all the fresh stuff you use is so appetizing. :)

I got day 4 of the 30DS in today, and am going to finish Week 1 of C25k tonight. Amazingly, just making yourself START exercising makes the rest of it easier.

Emme
06-03-2011, 05:12 PM
GettinFit ~ Woo-hoo on getting rid of the 18s!! :cheer: That is an awesome NSV!

Penguin ~ I always wanted to try short hair, but I'm too chicken to do it. I bet your hair looks cute!

littlebumblebee
06-03-2011, 06:14 PM
GettinFit
Your meal plans are great. Reading your meal plans help me to stay motivated.

Today is day 3 of my eating healthy. It is a struggle. I am hungry. For once I am hungry in my stomach instead of hungry out of habit. I feel good knowing that I now eat because I need to eat, instead of eating out of a habit, because the food is there. I am trying to break that bad habit of eating, simply to eat.

TooManyDimples
06-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey ladies. I'm tired. Busy day. We're having company tomorrow so I spent the whole morning finishing up my big cleaning deal, then my husband and I had an appointment, I had to go to the store, then I came home and did a bunch of prep for the BBQ we're having tomorrow. It's almost 10 and I've pretty much been going all day. Tonight I'm babysitting and I have no clue how late, all I know is I'm already ready for bed. =P

Tomorrow is going to be an off plan eating day. I'm not going to go crazy or anything, but we're having lasanga, bread, desserts... so yeah, I'm going to eat it, just in moderation. It will definitely be a lot more carbs then the average day.

I hope everyone had a great day and that you all have a great weekend as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Report:
6/1 ~ Kickboxing, 30 minute workout. Ate on plan. 130oz water.
6/2 ~ 20 minute walk. Ate on plan. 156oz water.
6/3 ~ Just some heavy cleaning. Ate on plan. 116oz water.

patchworkpenguin
06-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Emme, I have a profile picture of me up from April {the month, my dog didn't take the picture, LOL} I look a little shaggier by now however. I can't tuck my hair behind my ears yet but the sides touch just below my not-so-high-cheekbones.

Kim, It must feel good to have all that cleaning done. Enjoy your meal tomorrow. sounds good

Bee, I spend a lot of my time home alone. I used to think that since I ended up in the kitchen so much I must be hungry. Um, no, I wasn't hungry just bored. That was/is a hard habit to break. :dizzy:

Bama, when I first started to exercise I could get myself exercising by telling myself "I'll only do 20min, if after 20min I want to stop I can". Usually I got in the groove and finished the whole workout.

bama girl
06-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Woohoo! As of today, I've officially finished 1/2 of level 1 of the 30 DS and week one of C25K. Weighed in at 131.6 today, so I'm hoping to see the end of the 130's in the next weekish. :)

I'm really debating on letting myself eat something to satisfy a really strong craving for fat. It wouldn't put me over my calories or anything, but I kind of think I'd feel better if I didn't, knowing that I can control urges like that. I've realized that in all the time I've been eating so poorly, I really have a hard time even recognizing physical hunger signals these days. It's weird.

micheleahsc
06-04-2011, 04:51 PM
I've been doing okay with food. Honestly, I'm doing better than I was, but I'm still not eating the way I would like. I've been exercising about 20 minutes a day on top of the major overhauling of my house. I'm a horrible housewife, but now that school is out, I'm hoping that I can make up for my slackness :D.

I've been reading about the Belly Fat Cure, and I don't know if I'd follow it completely, but sounds interesting. When I was pregnant with our youngest, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and the Belly Fat Cure reminds me a lot of that except for the limited fruit thing.

Anyway, I've been thinking about all of the diets and exercise programs. When I decided to lose weight, the desperation I was feeling made me want THE diet so that I could lose weight fast. I think that's one of the hardest things about losing weight--there is no THE diet and there will be no fast weight lose. It took me a number of years to gain all of this weight and maintain it. I have to keep in mind that it will take me just as long to lose it.

I weigh myself everyday. It helps keep me focused as long as I don't beat myself up or become discouraged. I've only lost about about a pound, but its one less that I'll have to lose later. :)

Ferumbras
06-04-2011, 06:44 PM
It was a gorgeous day out today and I had some errands to run, so I decided to walk. It was wonderful! The afternoon cooled down a bit, but it was still a very pleasant walk. A little over 3.5 miles all told.

While doing 30 DS this morning, I was surprised to see just how toned my legs have become! And then when I slipped into a pair of shorts for my walk, I was delighted to find them loose through the hips and roomy in the legs -- and last summer I was just shy of being a sausage-link in them. :)

konfyoozed
06-04-2011, 11:35 PM
woo i got a super good workout in! 3 miles @ approx 5mph (alternate walking/running) apparently, at 270ish lbs, burns over 600 calories. (1/15)

i probably need to drink some extra water, i'm only at 84.5oz today, but i'm still over my 80oz goal.

calories today: 1720

sorry i missed my check ins the last couple days :o between date night and my late shift-to-early shift work situation i didn't really have the time to stick to my semi regular schedule.

back on track now, and i'm definitely gonna do 2-3 miles the next 3 days for sure.

patchworkpenguin
06-04-2011, 11:48 PM
My day started out with a shelf in the bathroom falling scaring me to death and breaking two little glass vases! Neither item was valuable but it was a mess I didn't want to have to clean up. Since this was housecleaning day, it was a good time, if there is a good time to break something. Previously, I put the 40ft extension cord in the garage because I didn't think I'd need it anymore with the new vacuum, which I don't but the cord to my hardwood floor steamer is shorter and there were corners I can't reach. Humph. Add bending back a fingernail {gross!} and a shelf in my freezer coming unhooked and this just wasn't a great day.

The traveling Vietnam Veterans Memorial is here in town. Hubby and I went to see it tonight. So many names. Even at 9pm at night it was pretty crowded, with more people than I expected visiting on a Sat night.

We got the news that Hubby's new job is 'supposed' to start in 2 weeks. They are creating this position so that's why the delay. They haven't set the hours yet but we are hoping for 7-4.

Emme
06-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone! It sounds like you are all doing really great! :) I, on the other hand, have had a bad weekend with calories. Not overly horrible, but enough that I WI higher yesterday and today. I'm getting worn out by calorie counting, so I need to reassess why I am really doing this and get back on track. It's one of those things where the closer I get to a goal, the more I start to sabotage myself (for whatever reason). Don't know why I do it, but I do. Hope you all have a great Sunday!

konfyoozed
06-05-2011, 07:18 PM
today is going well so far! well under my calories, only at 630 so far for the day, but i do have a pretty big dinner coming up, so i'm thinking that's a good thing.

anyway, because i feel like sharing, a wedding pic!

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/246839_2049052662616_1133441488_2445996_7125582_n. jpg

Ferumbras
06-05-2011, 07:45 PM
You look gorgeous!!

Emme
06-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Mandy ~ Awesome pic! :)

GettinFit
06-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Evening ladies,

Mandy - Your pic is very nice and I love your dress!

Emme - My weekend wasn't as good as I'd liked it to be either. I spent most of my points on junk food. I did get some good walks in though. We'll just have to challenge ourselves this coming weekend to stay OP like we did before.

Looks like everyone else is doing okay. Great job ladies :carrot:

I'm looking forward to a great week and hopefully I can drop to 216 this week.

lisa34t
06-05-2011, 10:44 PM
OMG, OMG

I MISSED YOU LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug::hug:

Ok , so school is over and I have my first full ime job ever and the transition has been a little hard on me, Im on the computer all day at work(websensed of course) and by time I get home , I dont want to touch a computer! MAY jus flew right by me, with school, and preparing for graduation.

AS far as my diet goes, I have not been wqrking out but my eating has been very decent I've been lingering between 210 -212lbs so , I havent gained any weight which is good. I really need to start back walk atleast 4 times a week to start the lbs coming off again.

I see some new faces! Im sure everyone is doing well:carrot:

TooManyDimples
06-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi ladies.. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

My weekend was nice, the week is starting out not so much though. I'm sick! My throat was a little sore yesterday, but when I woke up this morning it was full blown, sinuses are draining, aches all over. Not happy. I was planning on hitting exercise hard this week to make it a good one before we leave for vacation Friday, but that's not happening today. I just want to go back to bed. I might just do that this afternoon after I get my daughter on the bus. =P It's obviously made me grumpy.

I hope everyone else has a good day.

Emme
06-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Lisa!!! It's so great to see you again! Welcome back to the thread! I'm glad you were able to maintain throughout May. :)

Kim ~ I hope you feel better! It's no fun being sick. :(

Happy Monday, everyone...time for me to get back on track! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/showoff.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

GettinFit
06-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Good morning everyone,

Lisa - We missed you and I'm glad you were able to maintain your weight. Hopefully, you'll settle into your new routine soon.

Kim - I hope you feel better! Take it easy so that you'll be better before you go on vacation.

Emme - I'm with 'ya on getting back on track. I had a rough weekend - I just couldn't control the snacking. I ate way too many baked Cheetos (a whole bag between Fri-Sun) & too 100 cal cookies. I did exceptional with the working out and I think that's what prevented me from gaining weight. I want/need to lose and not maintain right now. This week I am going to work extra hard to make it to 216. This morning I was 219.

Have a great day everyone

GettinFit
06-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Today's journal:

25 pts
35 bonus pts

B: bagal thin with a smear of light cream cheese (2pts) skim milk (2pts) coffee creamer (2pts)
L: Lean Gourmet Sante Fe Rice & Beans (6pts) Bryers YoCrunch yogurt (2pts) 100 Calorie Oreos (2pts)
S:oyster crackers (1pt) 100 cal almonds (2pts)
D: chicken (3pts) roasted asparagus (1pt) 100 cal cookies (2pts)
Exercise: Firm Calorie Killer

Emme
06-06-2011, 10:26 AM
GettinFit ~ We should definitely do an OP weekend challenge this weekend. If I feel snacky or feel a bad craving coming on during the weekend, then I am going to hop on this thread and let you all know that way it will be my way of working through it!

micheleahsc
06-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Exercise this weekend went well. Swam at the lake with the kids for an hour yesterday and 20 minutes of the bike Saturday. Calories were a little high. Our oldest daughter's 8th birthday was Sunday, so there was pizza and frozen yogurt at Yogurt Mountain. An improvement this week has been that I'm eating smaller amounts more often during the day and my snacks consist of nuts rather than swiss cake rolls :)

Mandy: I love your dress! You look so happy and beautiful :)

GettinFit
06-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Great job Michele. I hope you have another good week.

Emme - I think this will help me too. Whenever I feel the urge to over do it on the snacks, I'll come here to post.

Tricia Fierce
06-07-2011, 01:03 AM
So I have been out of the game for a little while recovering from a cold (a cold in the spring/summer - ick!), which means that I was absolutely not OP - a couple of days I ate way too much and couple days I barely ate but drank tons of water. I feel so much better now, and so I am back OP today!

Mandy - I'm late on a response but CONGRATULATIONS and thank you for sharing your wedding photo. Gorgeous!

I was just going over old posts - Congrats to EVERYONE for their successes!! I also see that there's a couple of you doing 30 Day Shred - I've done it and once I'm done with the Insanity Challenge I'm going to give that DVD another go. Jillian is CRAZY but gets great results!!
:goodvibes

GettinFit
06-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Good morning ladies,

Tricia - Glad you're feeling better:) and are getting over your cold. I may join you on the 30 Day Shred challenge. I've had this DVD for about 2 years and have never taken it out of the shrink wrap. I have so many DVDs and just haven't gotten around to that one. Lately I've been stuck on the Firm.

I hope everyone else is having a great day so far.

I'm just trying to deal with this extreme heat down here in GA. It went from being cold to hot. Whatever happened to the spring temps???? I am going to try and keep my points really low today in hopes of forcing a woosh :dizzy: I am so ready to get below 218-219.

GettinFit
06-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Tuesday's menu

25 pts avail
35 bonus pts avail
Pts used= 19

B: 1/2 C oatmeal with skim milk, apples & cranberries (4pts) coffee (1pt)
L: Grilled chicken (3pts) roasted asparagus (0pt) 100 Cal Oreo Crisps (2pts)
S: Bryers YoCrunch yogurt (2pts) 100 Cal almonds (2pts) pear (1pt) coffee (1pt)
D:English muffin cheese & veggie pizzas (2pts) small mango (1pt)
Exercise: Walk 3 miles at Stone Mtn.

Riestrella
06-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Hi Autumn Beauties! I failed a little bit at the May thread but I'm hoping to turn that around this month!

My end of May stats are as follows:
4 lbs lost
0.5 inches lost from Pudge
0.7 inches lost from Boobage

My Sunday weigh in/measure looks like this:Week 6 (5th June 2011)
Weight: 182 lbs ~ - 2 lbs (Total 6lbs lost)
Pudge: 42.3 inches - 0.2 inches (Total 0.7 inches lost)
Boobage: 42.8 inches ~ Same (Total 0.8 inches lost)

So in week 1 of June I'm already 2 lbs down! I'm 2 lbs away from my Mini Goal #2 of being on the BMI line of Obese/Overweight so I'm happy.

Hoping to lose 3 lbs from now until the end of June - which would mean I would break into the 170s!!

patchworkpenguin
06-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Hubby and I had a nice weekend. Best news is Hubby fixed the drain problem! We also bought a new printer/scanner. The old one worked fine but was just a printer, however the new computer thought the old printer was too old! Hubby spent what time we spent at home yesterday on the computer trying to hook it up and learn how to work it, we've never had a scanner before but I'm looking forwatd to that and being able to make copies at home. We did a lot of shopping and running around yesterday, including going to Lowe's twice for supplies for Hubby's next project, replacing the outside faucets; he's on a roll. He also cleaned out the condenser coils of the outside AC box and the AC works much better now. It was struggling before.

My varigated hostas are blooming, as are my yarrow and we have little grape sized tomatos! Bad news my butterfly bush died.

My eating has been up and down. Some days I'm good then the next I splurge more than I should. I guess I feel even if I eat on plan I'm not going to lose weight so why not splurge. Not a great attitude I'm just so tired of not losing lbs.

Tricia, hope you are feeling better.

Michelle, good job on your eating.

Mandy, you two look so happy! Thanks for posting.

Gettin, around here we like to joke that spring only lasts two weeks long and it rains the whole time so we don't notice it until its over.

Ferumbras
06-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Had a very long car drive yesterday (left at 5:45pm, arrived 2:45am), but it was enjoyable. We've been listening to a fascinating audiobook.

I'm going to try to be OP while out of town. I know my aunt (with whom we're staying) has been doing South Beach, so hopefully eating healthy won't be too much of an issue (though staying high protein might be difficult). I also am going to try to get my workouts in. I brought 30 Day Shred with me, and a bunch of resistance band workouts that I'm excited to try out for the first time today, but c25k? My aunt lives on a huge hill (no joke) and I'm not sure I'm ready for hill runs yet. We'll see.

Hope you're all well!

patchworkpenguin
06-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I did 53min of a cardio/weights intervals DVD.

Gettin, have you tried any of Tracie Long's solo DVDs? I did Staying Power today.

TooManyDimples
06-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Hey everyone.

Yesterday was really horrible. I felt terrible so I ate very little, and it was more carb happy then usual. Oh well... Today I've felt a lot better. I still have some sinus pressure but I don't feel like I'm dying anymore. I didn't exercise because the energy just still isn't there, but I ate right and got plenty of fluid. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling even better.

I hope everyone had a great day!

GettinFit
06-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Good evening ladies,

Penguin - I havent tried Tracie Long workouts. I'll check 'em out.

Kim - Glad you don't feel quite as bad. Good idea to avoid working out until you're over what you have.

I had a good day. Did a 3 mile walk at Stone Mountain and got all my water down.

I hope everyone else had a great day.

micheleahsc
06-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Eating today was much better. I stayed OP, which I'm really happy with. I'm a school teacher, so I was a little worried about cheating when I was home near the fridge, but its going well so far. I've exercised yet today, but I'm planning on at least 10 minutes on the spinner. I woke up exhausted from all of the cleaning and furniture moving. The end of the school year is so chaotic that I don't always get cleaning and laundry done the way that I would like. We're also doing a major overhaul, getting rid of a whole bunch of junk that's been lying around annoying me. :)

micheleahsc
06-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Gettin, Penguin--Thanks so much! I have to say that everyone here really inspires me to do better. Knowing that I'll be posting about my day later, keeps me from eating the Doritos and the Fig Newtons and the .... :)

Emme
06-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Tricia ~ Colds in the spring/summer are the worst, aren't they? For some reason, winter seems like the time to get sick and it's ok to be sick during that time because it's so gloomy outside. :) Glad you are back OP today!

GettinFit ~ We are having bad heat here, too. The heat index in the Chicago 'burbs was 102 degrees today...yuck! You'll get a whoosh soon...I can feel it! :D

Riestrella ~ Hey, 4 pounds lost in May is 4 pounds lost...it is definitely not a fail! Good for you! :)

Penguin ~ I'm so glad your drain problem is fixed! Woo-hoo! :carrot: And keep your head up about your eating. I am the queen of having splurges lately, and sometimes I just have to suck it up and start a new day fresh.

Ferumbras ~ I'm sure you'll do just fine while you are out of town. It helps to stay with someone who is also trying to eat consciously! Good luck if you do end up trying a hill run! :dizzy:

Dimples ~ Glad you are feeling better than yesterday. Sinus pressure stinks. It's probably a good thing that you didn't exercise! Get better soon. :)

Michele ~ Glad that today was a good eating day for you! How nice that you'll have the summers off...that is such an awesome perk for teachers! :cb:

We worked in the yard for 10 hours today and, man, was it HOT!!! My back is completely burned (even though I used sunscreen), and I can't wait to pass out tonight. See you all tomorrow!

GettinFit
06-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Good morning ladies,

Michele - It's motivating to me for you to say we motivate you. I know you will do it and you will resist the junk food. That is my biggest challenge too. This past weekend I bought a large box of 100 Cal snacks from Sams club because I can't trust myself to eat 1 serving from a large 11 serving bag. I'm hoping to eventually be able to do that but not now. Keep up the good work. I hear 'ya on getting rid of stuff. I was looking in my garage this morning and I was thinking that it's time for me to do some cleaning/throwing out stuff. I can't stand clutter.

OMG Emme - 10 hours!!! I can't imagine spending 10 hours in my yard. I wouldn't be able to move for days. I hope you have a great W/I this week behind all that work.

Today should be an easy day for me. I have all my food here for the day and will probably do another 3 mile walk today. I set a goal of 45 miles this month and I have 14 so far.

Let's all have a great OP day!

GettinFit
06-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Today's journal

25 Pts
35 Bonus Pts

B: cinnamon raisin bagel thin w/smear of lite cream cheese (2pts) skim milk (2pts) coffee (2pts)
S: Rainier cherries (1pt) YoCrunch cheesecake yogurt (2pts) pear (1pt) string cheese (1pt)
L: Lean gourmet salisbury steak & mashed potatoes (4pts) asparagus (0pts) 100 cal Chips Ahoy crisps (2pts)
D: English muffin pizza (3pts) 100 cookies (2pts) watermelon (2pts)
Exercise: Walk 3 miles

Emme
06-08-2011, 09:24 AM
OMG Emme - 10 hours!!! I can't imagine spending 10 hours in my yard. I wouldn't be able to move for days. I hope you have a great W/I this week behind all that work.

I didn't think it was possible to work that much in one stinkin' yard, but it is -- LOL! We dug some huge holes for the huge trees (still have 2 more to go), properly planted four of them with the help of our nephew and his friend (two were already in their respective holes but were crooked and had to be straightened before burying completely), took down two fence panels, spent two and a half hours digging out an old fence post, then had to set a new post with concrete and put the fence back together...then had to water everything...trust me, it was endless. Granted, we took a lot of breaks, but I am very glad to be back at work today sitting on my butt. My back hurts, my legs hurt, but it's a good hurt!

I hope everyone has a great day! :)

Tricia Fierce
06-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Gettin Fit: reading about your intake is always so inspiring, especially when I feel like eating a donut or something! Thank you for always sharing!
Michele: I am with you - accountability totally helps and thinking about reporting my day to this group helps keep me in line.
Emme: wow 10 hours! It sounds rough but also amazing - planting trees is such a great thing for the environment.
Dimples: I hope you're feeling better today! It's definitely a good idea to rest up

So yesterday was a OP day for me, more or less - I worked out AND cleared out a bunch of clutter in my home. Lots of activity and I managed to get 4 servings of veggies in (I am aiming for 5 servings/day). My proudest moment yesterday, however, was finding my balance during my workout! I wrote a lot about it in my blog (linked below) but the long story short is that I haven't been able to stand on one leg for more than a couple seconds in AGES...but yesterday i was able to hold it up throughout an entire move (which lasted for about 30 seconds). I am VERY proud of myself right now!

Today all I've had is breakfast which wasn't so bad - a couple of boiled eggs, toast and a grapefruit. It's hot here today so I'm gonna wait until the evening to work out (when it's cooler).

I hope everyone is having a great OP day! :goodvibes

GettinFit
06-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Awhhhh thanks Tricia. I try and keep my menu interesting with things I like so that I won't feel deprived.

Great job on your balance endurance during your workout and on having a successful day. I will check out your blog too.

I see that you're in B'Klyn. I lived there before moving to Georgia and I still miss the place. I usually go back once or twice a year to visit friends and to SHOP.

Ferumbras
06-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Tricia: Well done! It's always such an amazing feeling to overcome one of those mini obstacles in fitness. :)

For me, I'm sick today. Didn't sleep well at all last night -- lots of trouble breathing. I want to work out today, but I'm not sure it's a good idea.

Emme
06-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Tricia ~ Great job on getting that balance going! :bravo:

Ferbumbras ~ I hope you feel better! Rest if you have to...listening to your body is more important than trying to work out! :)

patchworkpenguin
06-08-2011, 05:41 PM
I did 40min from Firm: Calorie Explosion: Power Moves and Kbox. I didn't use weights focusing more on cardio.

Poor Hubby was sent to Atlanta today to help fix an airplane, but his plane landed just in time to see the 'broken' plane take off, so he got a free ride today, along with several naps.

It seems every summer my right wrist starts to bother me, and its started already. Its fine if I bend it all the way forward or back but side to side or just a little bend hurts. Weird. I'm going to ice it after posting.

GettinFit
06-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Evening ladies,

Penguin - I hope your wrist is feeling better. Great job on those workouts too.

Ferumbras - I hope you're feeling better and yep good idea not to workout if you're still sick.

My day was good, I got 3.5 more miles in today. Up to 17.5/45 for the month.

Have a great evening everyone.

CheerMomOf3
06-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Here it goes:

1. Goal for June: i don't want to give myself a weight loss goal in pounds.. instead i am trying to start small.. i am going to try to go as many days this month as i can by giving up Pepsi.. wish me luck ;)

2. # of work out days: Right now I will try to either walk or dance with kinect (which i just LOVE)

3. I am going to try to check in with this thread daily

4. I am extra motivated right now, as I am going on a cruise in july and would like to be at least a LITTLE BIT smaller :)

Emme
06-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Penguin ~ Hope your wrist is ok!

GettinFit ~ Nice work on the 3.5 miles!

CheerMom ~ Welcome! Awesome goals...I gave up Coke Zero for a few months and slowly started adding it back in...there's something about that fizz that I just love. Good luck to you! :)

TooManyDimples
06-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Morning Ladies! I haven't been checking in as much since I've been so busy getting ready for our trip.

So I was planning on doing my mid-month weighin tomorrow morning before we leave, but we decided we're going to leave tonight instead. I got up this morning and did my weighin. 226.4! I realize that it's probably that low because I've been sick and everything, but it is so freakin awesome to see that! =) My highest weight ever was 275 in 2006 so that means I've lost almost 50lbs. I've been trying to do this for so long and I finally feel like I've figured out the perfect way to do it for me. I'm so excited to keep going.

So yeah, I have a busy day ahead and we're leaving late and then we'll be gone till the 22nd. I can hopefully maintain where I'm at because I'm completely planning on enjoying myself over the next week and a half. =)

I hope everyone does great while I'm gone. I wont be on much if at all, but I'll be sending you all happy vibes. Bye for now!

GettinFit
06-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Good morning everyone,

Welcome Cheermom - I hope you stay motivated so that you can reach your goal. I look forward to reading about your successes. I'll be going on a cruise in Nov and I am working really hard so that I won't be as miserable as I was when I cruised last year. I was at my all time high then and was totally miserable. We can do it!!!

Kim - :bravo::cp: You are doing an awesome job. I can feel your excitement:D I hope you can maintain while you're vacationing. I hope you have a safe and fun trip too. We'll miss you.

I'm ready for another great OP day. I'm eating very light today because I've been eating way too much sodium this week. No processed foods for me today, only fresh.

I hope you all have a great Thursday ;)

Emme
06-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Kim ~ Great job on the weigh-in! :cheer: Now you can relax and enjoy your vacation. Travel safely and have fun!

GettinFit ~ Eating fresh sounds delicious!

patchworkpenguin
06-09-2011, 10:24 PM
I did Margaret Richard's Body Electric 60min workout DVD for the first time. It wasn't my favorite but was a good workout. I did the floorwork standing so my leg doesn't go numb that way, LOL. Margie spends time at the beginning of each segment demonstrating the exercise, not a huge amount of time, but I ended up waiting. yawn. I guess I could have done jacks or something productive.

Its almost TOM so I didn't weigh in.

My wrist is a lot better. I iced it, then wore a brace leftover from Hubby's ganglion cyst, but neither helped long term. What did help was sleeping with it curled under my chin. I do that in winter, because my hands are always cold, but not summer. I guess that's the difference.

Mandy, saw the thread of your wedding pictues and thought they were great!

Kim. great job. I like these big numbers.

CheerMom, welcome, glad to have you join us!

Emme
06-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Good morning, ladies! I'm down 0.6 from last week and I'll take it. 8.6 more pounds until I am at goal.

I am going to have an OP (on-plan) weekend challenge this weekend. If anyone would like to join me, please do! Weekends are my hardest. If I have bad cravings or feel like pigging out, I am going to come to the board and start reading through things and posting. Hopefully that will help me.

I hope you all have a great day! :)

GettinFit
06-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday :cb:

Emme - Seeing 100 pounds down on your ticker is so awesome and it motivates me to keep trying. I'm with you on the weekend challenge. I am totally committed to staying 100% OP. If I am going to reach my weight loss goal by the end of the year, I have to stay focused ALL week!

Penguin - Glad your wrist is feeling better.

I'm down to 217.0 today, a loss of 1.8 this week. I'm motivated to keep it going. I sure hope I don't hit a brick wall like I did back in Feb/March when I was stuck at 215 for about 2 months. That's what threw me off track and I ended up gaining back most of what I'd lost.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

patchworkpenguin
06-10-2011, 12:43 PM
I have to say from experience that being stuck at the same weight is very discouraging. I feel like I"m working hard, sacrificing, doing everything 'right' and yet I still am not losing weight by numbers. I, and others, can see small differences in my body but its still very discouraging.

Emme
06-10-2011, 01:08 PM
GettinFit ~ When you get to 215, don't pay attention to that number...it might stick in your head as the "bad" number that "did you in" the last time, so you shouldn't focus on it too much. Be excited when you hit 215 but then keep on movin' and don't focus on it! ;) You'll fly right by it!

Penguin ~ Don't get discouraged...hang in there! :) Weight loss isn't easy...if it was, everyone would be thin!

GettinFit
06-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Penguin - I know just how you feel but hang in there! Maybe try some new things such as changing up you exercise or fluctuating your calories or limiting your sodium intake or drinking extra water. I regret not hanging in there and getting through my plateau back in March. It just added a few more months on to my journey. Had I stuck with it until I broke through my plauteau, I'd probably be at onederland now:mad: So no matter how long it take you to break through, just keep on working your program and don't give up. Believe me, you'll regret it if you do. :)

GettinFit
06-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the great advice Emme because it has been playing with my mind. I really wish I could make it to 216 and then go straight down to 214. I am staying positive that I won't plateau just yet. Now that it's summer, I'm doing way more exercise than I was when I got stuck there so hopefully, that's going to help too. Regardless, I'm sticking with it this time, even if the scale does come to a halt.

littlebumblebee
06-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow, everyone is doing great.
I am sticking with my diet and exercise.

GettinFit, Emme, Kim and everyone who is losing.
Congratulations on your weightloss!

patchworkpenguin
06-10-2011, 11:23 PM
I didn't feel very good today so no workout. I slept late and did a lot of knitting. I did give Apri her Spa Day {brushing and clipped claws} then get some laundry done, LOL. Why is there always laundry? Since we've kept April inside so much this spring becuse of her surgery, she's just now starting to shed her undercoat. Oh, Joy!

Eating was better today, probably has more to do with feeling bad than much effort of my part. Whatever works.

Gettin, and Emme thanks for the advice and pep talk!

Emme
06-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Goooooooooooooooooood morning, ladies! ;) I'm feeling goofy today...probably b/c the hubby is gone in downtown Chicago all day for a conference, so I have a day to myself to do lots of fun little things!

My goal is to stay 100% OP within my calorie range of 1500-1650 this weekend. No ifs, ands, or buts about it! I will stay focused on the day and on my long-term goal of health!

I hope everyone has a great day...make it an OP day! :)

GettinFit
06-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Good morning Emme & all who follow,

Emme - I hope you have a fun day :carrot:

Penguin - I hope you're feeling better today.

Bumblebee - Great job staying OP!

Emme so far I'm staying OP and in control of what I'm eating. Last night I did excellent. I didn't even have my weekly wine treat. I think I ended up using around 23 points.

I did a 4 mile walk this morning at 6:30am and I will be doing a Firm workout later this afternoon to work my middle and upper body. I am also doing lots of house work this morning.

Today's Weight 216.6

My daily journal:

B: baked sweet potato fries (5pts) skim milk (2pts) coffee (1pt)
L: shrimp (2pts) roasted asparagus (1pt)
S: peanuts (2pts)
D: TBD
Exercise: walked 4 miles, Firm

Emme
06-11-2011, 11:36 AM
You are shrinking, too, GettinFit!! :cheer: I'm really glad we're doing the OP weekend challenge...it does help me a lot mentally!

Ferumbras
06-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Today I finally get away from temptation. We're leaving my aunt's, so no more eating out, which should mean I'll get rid of this water weight I picked up and get back on track with my eating.

Grace73
06-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Question
If i keep my calories at 1500 ( to high?)
and burn about 200 calories a day( walking mile-1.5_)and some muscle toning.At least 5 days a week.
12 glasses of water a day
Does that sound like it will do the job?

Or should i change something?

just wondering what others think.?

Emme
06-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Friday ~ Give it a try for a few weeks and see what happens. It sounds like a great plan, but our bodies are such science experiments. Don't look at the results after just one week of doing this...look at your results after at least 3 or 4 weeks.

konfyoozed
06-11-2011, 03:11 PM
hey folks! i apologize for my lack of posting the last few days. with my work schedule being all kinds of crazy and trying to sneak in some time with the hubby (his hours 8-5, my hours 2-11), i've not had much time to play at the computer... or really make sure i'm eating right.

i haven't been able to exercise (in the traditional sense) for about a week now due to my bad ankle being angry, i've even been wearing my brace to work every day (and i usually only need it for a couple hours at a time), i haven't been counting calories much either, just generally relying on portion control. i've been getting all my water in though!

i guess i haven't done too much damage, because yesterday's weigh in was 266.5, and 3.3lbs down from last friday. i suppose i can call this 'maintenance practice' because i'm pretty sure my activity + food would keep me maintaining my goal weight with a little adjustment or two.

it's the weekend, and i'm off work, and my day started with an 1100 calorie brunch. it was super yummy and i'm glad i made it because hubby was very appreciative of the food. i'm gonna keep it light the rest of the day, and make sure i get my water in.

hope everyone has a great weekend!!

patchworkpenguin
06-11-2011, 05:08 PM
I did Margie's Good and Strong Vol 1 today 60min of weights. Set in her pretty backyard, she is alone but has some 'not your average' exercises which I always appreciate. I realized I haven't done this one in over a year. Years ago I started writing the dates I did each workout in the DVD boxes, but I only recently started writing short discriptions and if I LIKED the workout also. Apparently, I can't count on my memory any more; I maintain I had a perfect memory until I got married, then having to remember everything for Hubby wore it out.

Is anyone else have trouble with the 'go to first unread' button?

patchworkpenguin
06-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Wed
B~ protein shake + vit + iron
L~ Olive Garden 2 ser salad, 1 breadstick, 1/4 Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo
S~ melon
D~??
E= 40min cardio

Th
B~ protein shake + vit + iron
L~salad + Jason's Deli 1/2 turkey sandwich
S~ seasoned crutons {craving crunchy}:dizzy:
D~ butternut soup + 1.2 homemade turkey sand
S~ scoop ice cream
E= 60min weights

FRi

SAT
B~ protein shake + vit +iron
L~ salad + 1/4 Olive Garden Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo
S~ grapes
D~2 slilces Pizza Hut Veggie + sausage
S~ grapes + cereal
E~60min weights.

Emme
06-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Mandy ~ I hope your ankle is ok!! And congrats on the 3.3 pounds down since last Friday! :bravo:

I hope everyone has a great day today. So far, being OP this weekend hasn't been bad at all...today is going to be another great OP day! :)

Tricia Fierce
06-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Good morning ladies! I hope everyone is having a great OP weekend. The past few days have NOT been OP in any way/shape/form. I started working in a new department in my organization and it has STRESSED me out - I was transferred unexpectedly and so far..ugh! I have not been dealing with the stress very well - just eating for comfort, really, not tracking. Ugh. There were definitely moments when I wanted to check in with you all to keep on track but it has been THAT busy for me - didn't have a chance!

Today is a new day, however, and I am focused on making this day an OP day. Just going to take this one day at a time.

GettinFit
06-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

I hope you're all having a great Sunday!

Tricia - Sorry about your work situation. I hope it gets better and less stressful for you.

Mandy - I hope your ankle is feeling better to an CONGRATS on losing over 3 pounds! That is great.

Emme - How are you doing with the weekend challenge? It has been a saver for me. Last night I wanted to snack so bad but I wasn't hungry and I knew I couldn't stop at 1 serving if I got started. Knowing that I'd have to report here really helped me to avoid eating anything eles last night.

Penguin - How is your day going?

I was invited to a brunch at a friend's today and I brought a salad with low fat salad dressing, a bag of baked Lays & I made a LF strawberry pie. I think I ate very good. First I filled my plate with salad & I added 1 slice of turkey breast, some chicken/pasta salad, a scoop of potato salad, 1 slice cheese and some baked Lays chips. For dessert I had a slice of my pie. My friend made a home made pound cake from Paula Deen's cookbook that is out of this world and I resisted it!!! I was so proud of myself.

I plan on doing a Firm workout later this evening. This week I'm going to do more Firm or Turbo Fire workouts because I need to work more on my core & upper body. I am 1/2 way on my walking goal for the month (22.5/45)

My Menu for today:

B: Banana (1pt) Skim milk (2pts) coffee (1pt)
L: Salad w/Ken's light oil & vinegar dressing, 1/2 C potato salad, 1/2 C chicken/pasta salad, baked Lays, 1 sl cheese, 1 pc lf strawberry pie, water
D:
S:
Exercise: Firm

Emme
06-12-2011, 09:45 PM
GettinFit ~ This weekend has been really good and I'm glad we did the OP challenge this weekend. It feels great to actually get through an entire weekend OP!! :)

patchworkpenguin
06-13-2011, 12:17 AM
No workout today. Hubby and I hung out around the house but did the groc shopping.

Sun
B= protein shake + vit + iron
L= salad + homemade chicken salad on homemade bread
D= beef ravioli + homemade tomato sauce , carrots and green beans
S= strawberry ice cream

GettinFit
06-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Good morning ladies,

Emme - I'm glad you had a successful weekend too! Congrats on your new low yesterday. I hope it sticks around for you. I've been doing the daily weighing but I am trying to stop this week. I am going to try not to weigh too often for a while, at least until I get below 215. On Sat I was 216.8 and yesterday I bounced back up to 218. I know it's only water gain but still I don't like seeing the #s.

Penguin - I'm glad you enjoyed the day with your hubby.

I'm ready for another great week! I just wish it would cool off a bit here. This heat is really getting to me. This week I won't be going to walk as much because last week it just drained me :o. This week I will focus on doing more DVDs (inside with the AC).

Have a great day ladies ;)

Emme
06-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Good morning, ladies! GettinFit, we just had our temps cool off after abnormal highs (for early June) in the 90s for a few days...it's now down to the 70s which is much easier to work outside in. I don't blame you for staying inside the cool air!

It felt so great to be OP this weekend! It leaves me feeling refreshed and focused. I lost 5 pounds since last Monday, but I don't know what the heck happened. I do know that I was sick this morning from the Lucky Charms I ate last night (they weren't so magically delicious to my insides), so I'm thinking my weight will come back up tomorrow or Wednesday...if not, that's fine with me!! LOL!!

Have a great day, everyone!

patchworkpenguin
06-13-2011, 01:13 PM
We took April to a local shaded park for a short walk. Poor dog has a big rectangle of shaved hair on her back from the surgery that hasn't grown back as quickly as her shaved leg. We are sure other people think we are weird. At least Hubby has stopped writing messages on it, LOL.

Another day of running errands and hopefully working in the yard, but its supposed to rain.

Hubby and I have started watching cooking shows together again. We drift in and out of this habit, its one of our few combined interests so we are cooking together more also, which is always a good thing.

patchworkpenguin
06-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Mon 13
B= protein shake + banana, vit, iron
L= 2 De pudged Pigs In a Blanket, mustard {Hubby has recently given up fried foods due to high chol, so we found this recipe as a sub for pronto pups. Hubby isn't usually very concerned about his health, so giving up fried foods is a big step for him. They were surprisingly good.}, homemade sweet pot fries.
S= strawberry ice cream
S= handful seasoned crutons
D= 4 homemade chicken taquitos, sour cream, refried beans, baked Doritos

GettinFit
06-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Good morning Beauties,

I hope everyone is having a good day so far. I'm determined to make it a good one too. Last night I had a few too many snacks and I didn't drink enough water yesterday so I need to change that today. So for I've had 24 ozs. I'm aiming for 84 ozs. I didn't workout either yesterday. I just wasn't feeling too good so I took it easy yesterday.

Penguin - Your lunch & dinner yesterday sounds so yummy!

My journal for today:

B: Bagel thin with a smear of lite cream cheese (2pts) 1/2 skim milk (1pt) coffee creamer (1pt)
S: banana (1pt) 100 cal popcorn (2pts) yocrunch yogurt (2pts) decaf coffee w/creamer (1pt)
L: Sandwich round w/Hilshire Farm Pastrami & mustard (4pts) cuke & tomatoes (0pts) 2 dark chocs (2pts)
D: Shrimp (1pt) asparagus (0pt)
Exercise: Firm - Total Body Time Crunch

patchworkpenguin
06-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Penguin - Your lunch & dinner yesterday sounds so yummy!

Those were both Hungry Girl recipes. She has a show on the Cooking Channel that I watched for the first time the other day. The episode was called Happy Hour http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/hungry-girl/happy-hour/index.html easy and good.

Latest news is Hubby's new job/promotion starts tomorrow.

bread, laundry and weights/cardio for today

Emme
06-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi ladies! I hope everyone is doing well!

GettinFit ~ Nice goal with your water intake!

konfyoozed
06-14-2011, 11:57 AM
alright beauties...

i'm not gonna be able to hit my exercise goal this month :( due to whatever aggravation is making my ankle yell at me, doc says "elevate and alternate heat and ice, stay off of it as much as possible, and take these pills"... *sigh* he couldn't even tell me what was wrong. pretty sure he just gave me generic advice, but wearing the brace and putting the heat and ice on it seems to do a little bit towards helping it.

the good news though: i've been keeping my calories at the low end of my range because i can't exercise, AND, i've been getting my water in. more the last couple days than before due to a torrid affair with sodium over the weekend. (ham, ramen, wendy's, sausage, canned soup...), so even though i'm keeping my calories where they are supposed to be, i'm still showing a small gain over the last couple days. *sigh* water in, sodium out!

patchworkpenguin
06-14-2011, 10:51 PM
I did almost 30min on the TM. My workout was cut a little short when April <---- tried to climb on with me at 5mph! Screaming, hugging, and petting later, she's fine, but I may never be the same!! I could just see anoother trip to the emergency vet in our future.

Tues 14
B= protein shake, banana, vit, iron
L= salad, homemade chicken salad, homemade potato salad
D= 2 slices PH veggie pizza with sausage
S= 2 slices warm homemade bread with butter. {I've been dreaming of that all week!}
E=41min weights + 30min TM

Emme
06-15-2011, 10:21 AM
'Morning, ladies.

Mandy ~ I'm sorry to hear about your ankle! It's best to listen to the doc, I guess.

Penguin ~ Glad you and your pup are ok.

Happy Hump Day! Two more days until the weekend! :)

patchworkpenguin
06-15-2011, 10:37 AM
I need to sit down and figure some things out today. Hubby's days off have changed to Sat/Sun so that means my schedule changes too. Then there's my eating. I don't follow a specific plan or schedule so I feel like I floundering, but if I try to eat on a schedule I feel too regimented and half the time I change my mind anyway; food plan will say sandwich, but I want soup or whatever, but I feel I need more structure. Its hard to tell if your off plan if you don't have one to begin with.

GettinFit
06-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Hello ladies,

Happy Wednesday!

Penguin - I tend to need more structure too. I hope you can come up with a schedule that works for you.

Mandy - I hope your ankle is better today.

I need to regroup today. Last night I had my first binge in about 2 months. I don't know what happened :?: I got started with the 100 cal treats and I just couldn't stop until I had consumed about 10!!:mad: I can't let that happen again. I felt soooo bad afterwards and the thought of all the sodium in my body made me sicker. It was very hard for me to put this in black and white but I know that in the long run, it will help me. Today is a new day and I have to fight the urge for junk food harder tonight. I really need to make sure I plan my dinners and stick to the plan. To make matters worst, I didn't workout yesterday but tonight, I'm definitely going to get out for a nice long walk. Because of my binge last night, I have exausted all my weekly bonus points so I need to be really strict with my eating for the rest of the week. I have also decided not to weigh myself until next Friday.

I hope everyone else is doing good today.

My plan today:

Points available 25
Bonus points - None

B: banana, coffee w/skim milk & creamer (4pts)
L: Sandwich w/sandwich round, Hilshire Farm pastrami, lf cheese & mustard (4pts) Yocrunch yogurt (2pts) 1 dk choc (1pt)
S: banana (1pt) YoCrunch bluberry (2pts)
D: Shrimp (2pts) Asparagus (0pts) WW Ice cream treat (4pts)
Exercise: walk 3 miles

Emme
06-15-2011, 04:20 PM
GettinFit ~ :hug: It happens to us all. The main thing is that today is a new day and you started fresh! We're here to cheer you along!! :cheer:

patchworkpenguin
06-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Gettin, I'm with Emme. Put it behind you. Concentrate on today and your next choice.

patchworkpenguin
06-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Wed 15
B= almond milk {new to me} + vit
L= Panera's Fuji Apple salad
S= peach + cereal with almond milk
D= turkey sand with baked Doritos
S= cereal with 2% milk

No workout. I've been getting headaches every day this week but today's I couldn't shake or ignore. Nuts can sometimes cause migraines so I'm wondering if the almond milk is the cause of the headaches. But somehow I felt good enough to go yarn shopping; Michaels and Joanns both had sales!

I did get a new daily schedule worked out, I'm sure I'll have to tweak things a bit however. Not really sure what to do about the food plan. try again tomorrow.

Emme
06-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Ah, WI is tomorrow for me! Let's see what happens! TOM is here, so that can cause pretty much anything to happen. :)

Have a great day, everyone! :)

GettinFit
06-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Good morning ladies,

Penguin - I hope the headache is gone away and I'm glad you got your schedule worked out. I enjoy knitting and crocheting but I never have the time anymore. It's been years since I've knitted anything but this past winter I crocheted a hat & scarf for me and a hat for my Dad. I find that it helps take your mind off food too.

Emme - I'm sending skinny vibes your way. Hopefully you'll have a good W/I tomorrow.

I did a little better yesterday with the snacks but I still had too many. Now I realize that I just can't have those things in the house even though they're individual servings. A couple weeks ago when I went to Sam's club, I bought 2 large boxes of 100 Cal snacks. One has baked Cheetos, SmartPop white cheddar popcorn and Sun Chips. The other has 100 Cal packs of Fudge Striped cookies, choc grahams & Cheeze It's. Sad to say, right now, I'm not able to handle them. Last week was okay but for some reason I'm having a problem with them. I'm thinking it's because last week I went to walk every evening but this week I didn't. I may just bring in what's left to work tomorrow just so I won't be tempted anymore.

I hope everyone has a great OP day.

GettinFit
06-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Journal 6/16

B: coffee w/skim milk & creamer, banana
L: Taco salad
S: cherries, pear
D: Lean Gourmet Dinner, 2 Dk Chocs

patchworkpenguin
06-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Okay, I got my workout in early today. I did 30min LB + Core and added on 3 miles of Leslie DVD

I have a few suspects in the daily headache thing. I'm trying to grow my hair out of a pixie and its hanging in my face so I've been wearing clips at my temples, and, secondly, I recently tried almond milk {which is good} but nuts can cause migranes so I wonder if that's contributing. Almost 30 years of migraines and I still haven't figured out what causes them in the first place. No almond milk today and I just took out the clips. Now that my hair's all sweaty and gross I did the worlds smallest french braid...we'll see how long that lasts :p

Gettin, Its funny how these things snowball! I was doing great a few weeks back then over ate once and I sprialed down for about two weeks. Then felt I had to restart from scratch!!! What gives? I hope you have a better day today. I find the knitting keeps my hands busy and not eating when we watch TV.

patchworkpenguin
06-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Thurs 16
B= protein shake, banana, vits
L= 2 slices pizza
S= grapes
D= salad, 1/2 turkey sand, baked Doritos
S= scoop strawberry ice cream
E= 30min LB + 3miles with Leslie 50min

Emme
06-17-2011, 09:43 AM
My official WI day is today and I am down 2.8 pounds from last Friday! 5 pounds away from goal! :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

littlebumblebee
06-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Congratulations everyone on your success.
Emme, Congratulations on being so close to goal!

I have been staying on track with diet and exercise, and that makes me feel good.

Ferumbras
06-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Congrats, Emme!!

GettinFit
06-17-2011, 03:10 PM
:congrat: Emme!! You are doing an awesome job!

Me, not so good this week. Today has been better though. I realize now that I really need to stay away from sugary/salty snacks right now. I need to go back to the basics for a while until I get a little more weight loss under my belt.

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend.

patchworkpenguin
06-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Fri 17
B=protein shake with banana, vit and iron
L= ravioli in spa sauce, bread with butter
S= melon
D= 2 'corndogs' with mustard, homemade blue cheese and mustand pot salad
S= triple peanut butter ice cream
S=baked Doritos
E= 30min UB and 30min cardio

Grace73
06-18-2011, 03:49 PM
hmm thought i posted today, but i dont see it..
Friday I weighed in 1 lb less. not bad.. but I have less than 2 weeks before vacation and I am still 15 lbs heavier than i was last year at this time.. argh!
im hoping this week i can drop at least 3-5! My plan

* No Salt
**No obvious carbs . Bread, Pasta, Icecream, sodas.
***1-3 miles a day walking
****and close to a galllon of water a day i can drink

TOM was 2 weeks late. showed up thursday so im hoping maybe. I can get back on track! and a couple more might pop off!! lol

Good Luck girls!

patchworkpenguin
06-18-2011, 10:40 PM
We took April for a short walk in the shaded park, not much shade at 9am however, the sun was under and around the trees. We were able to go a little further this time which is good for her leg; we try to add a little more each time in addition to the daily rounds of the backyard.

Other than that no formal exercise other than shopping! We grilled chicken, corn, and peach halves for dinner tonight..

Sat 18
B= protein shake with banana, vits
L1= salad, peach
L2= grilled cheese
S= triple pb ice cream with drizzle choc sauce
D= 2 grilled chicken drumbsticks, corn on cob {never got to the peaches: maybe I'll cut them up for shortcake?}
E= 20min walk

Grace73
06-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Ladies... Everyone is doing so good on their plans.. Congrats!

Well I go away in less than 2 weeks.. and Im trying to do everything to lose as much as i can before then! lol.
I walked 4 miles today.. 3 this morning and 1 on the treadmill tonight.. Drank a lot of water.. Avoided any salt, carbs.. im not hungry but i figure i better eat something soon.. ---I hope to be down at least 3 lbs by friday!! have a good evening!

patchworkpenguin
06-19-2011, 10:45 PM
We took our parents out to a early dinner for Father's Day then went by Hubby's parents house to see his parents; Dad is doing better but still not in very good heath. This week has been weird because of the change in Hubby's off days, just enough to keep me confused about what day it is.

I did Leslie's Four Fast Miles 50min for the first time in two years. I've been following the trend of short intense cardio but decided to try longer steady state workouts so have dusted off my Leslie's. I'm not a big fan of cardio in the first place so there's a little dread factor in close to an hour of cardio. Also I'm a klutz so anything like dance or complicated steps confuse and frusterate me.

Sun 19
B= protein shake, vits, eggs and toast with butter {Hubby make breakfast!}
D= Firebird's Colorado Chicken Salad, 1/4 Big Daddy choc cake!
S= melon

Grace73
06-20-2011, 05:51 AM
Penguin! you are doing so great! organized!!! what a great example!

Back to work for me! which is good. never have time at work to eat much..
have a good day all!

GettinFit
06-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Good morning ladies,

Happy Monday! Sorry I've been MIA for a couple days but I had a rough week last week. I was dealing with some emotional eating but today I have re-grouped and am back on track. I am trying to do a sugar detox so I know I have a rough day in store for me. I'm tempting to follow Phase 1 of South Beach in order to help me detox and then I will go back to my Weight Watchers way of eating. I can't wait to get back in my groove.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend.

GettinFit
06-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Daily Journal

B: 3 pcs lf bacon (baked & drained), 1 can V8 juice, black coffee w/SF hazelnut syrup
L: 2 grilled chicken legs, green beans, sugar free applesauce (don't know if I should have had this)
S: string cheese, 1 oz peanuts
D: shrimp, asparagus, salad w/oil & vinegar dressing
Exercise: Firm or Walk

GettinFit
06-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Emme - I just read your journal and it looks like we are on the same page with the sugar. I really over did it on the sugar & junk last week and now I feel like crap. I'm determined to make it through the day.

We can do it if we just put our minds to it!!!

How exciting that you saw 169 last week. I'm sure you'll be back there soon! I'm so excited for you. A friend of mine just reached 165. Last July she was 246 and I encouraged her to join WW and she started in August and now she is 165!!! Sure wish I was there already.

Emme
06-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Emme - I just read your journal and it looks like we are on the same page with the sugar. I really over did it on the sugar & junk last week and now I feel like crap. I'm determined to make it through the day.

We can do it if we just put our minds to it!!!

GettinFit ~ Yes, it's really bad for me. I could eat sugar all day long and be just fine with it. I need a major detox from it this week. No snack bars with chocolate in it, no tapioca puddin' snacks (just the sugar-free jello snacks), no ice cream, no sugary snacks that my hubby has stashed in the cupboard. Once sugar gets a hold of me there is no turning away! :( We can do this...I'm so glad you've regrouped and are ready to start fresh! We can do this! :)

GettinFit
06-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Emme - it is amazing what sugar can do to your appetite. It was a mistake for me to buy the 100 calorie snacks in bulk. Once I got started, I just couldn't stop. I have cleaned out the pantry and there are no more. I am definately back on track today. I didn't even use my coffee creamer this morning since it has sugar in it. Black coffee is something I could never do but I did this morning. I am determined to have a great week!

spudgirl
06-20-2011, 11:11 AM
I am jumping in really late, but I hope to get a good start over the next two weeks. I hope no one minds. I am very impressed by your tickers, so this seems like a good place to start for success!

1. Lose 5 lbs by Sunday, July 3
2. Follow Runners World 8 wk beginning runners program (walk/run 30 mins/6 days)
3. Check in every other day
4. Follow SB P1
5. Write down everything I eat for the next two weeks (even when I fall off the wagon

Thanks everybody!

GettinFit
06-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Spudgirl - The more the better so just jump right on in. Your goals are great. Let me know how Phase 1 goes for you. I started today just to get all the sugar out of my system. A few years I did SB and lost 13 pounds during P1. We'll see how it goes this time.

patchworkpenguin
06-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Spudgirl, welcome, glad to have you join us

Grace73
06-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Spudgirl!! Welcome! glad you are here with us.. fighting the battle!!

today I had
1 yougrt 60 calories
1 sugar free pudding 100 calories
1 100 calorie packet of nuts
1 big salad.. veggies only
1/2 cup maybe smaller of dressing
1 piece of cheese
1 hot dog with bun ,

Not too bad.. i know i didnt hit 1000. and 8 glasses of water..

i might have a popicle before bed.. not sure.. No exercise today.. mondays are stressful for me..

hope everyone had a good day!

Emme
06-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Welcome, spudgirl!!

Friday ~ I'm sorry Mondays are stressful for you. :( I hope tomorrow is better!

GettinFit
06-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Good evening ladies,

I'm happy to say that I had a very successful day! I stuck to my plan of no sugar or carbs today and I feel great! I have not had an urge to cheat and I have a ton of energy.

Has anyone tried Sugar Free Popcicle fudge pops? OMG they are so good. I had to check the box to make sure I didn't mistakingly buy regular ones.

Have a great evening everyone and let's gear up for a perfect OP day tomorrow.

patchworkpenguin
06-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Mon 20
B= protein shake, vits
L= chicken salad sandwich, melon
S= 8 homemade choc chip cookies {over the course of the evening}
D1= salad
D2= PBJ sand, Baked Ruffles.
E= 30min LB and 30min cardio

Gettin, glad to hear you had a better day and are back on track.

Emme
06-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Morning, ladies! :)

GettinFit ~ I will have to look for those. And good for you for sticking to your plan! I hope your no sugar/no carb cleanse goes really well! I bet your body will thank you for it!

Hope everyone else is doing great! I'm up 2 pounds from four days ago from all the crappy sugar I ate over the weekend, so I am just going to stay focused, drink lots of water, and keep exercising. That's all I can do, right? The rest is up to my body! :)

Tricia Fierce
06-21-2011, 10:06 AM
My goals for June:

1. Check in here daily

Hi everyone,

So the last few weeks have been stressful ones for me due to an unexpected change at my job (which included a significant change to my schedule and a different work location, different responsibilities...) and also my fiance moving into my apartment. With all that stress and adjustment, I put on some weight! But now that I am somewhat settled into the newness at my job and settled in terms of my living situation, I'm back on track.

This past weekend was somewhat OP - I counted my points plus values (and was more or less on target), been sticking to my daily affirmations, and eating my five fruits and veggies. All month I've been learning/accepting the importance of preparation and planning when it comes to my health pursuits, and put that into effect in terms of my food choices. I have lost the stress weight from a couple of weeks ago! I have not kept up with my Insanity challenge workout however...but that is going to change when I get home from work today (because I planned for the 45 minute workout today!) I've also been going to my Weight Watchers meetings and participating more (a problem for me in the past).

So I just need to check in here more often. Hopefully the next nine days will bring me a bit closer to the 210's!

I hope everyone has a great OP day! :goodvibes

Emme
06-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Tricia ~ I'm so glad everything has become less stressful for you...you had a lot going on!! :dizzy: It's cool that you do the Insanity DVDs and I read through your blog...I am soooo tempted to buy them, but I don't want to fork over the money. I can't wait to see what you think of it after you have completed it! I love hearing about results, pros/cons, etc.

GettinFit
06-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Good morning everyone,

Tricia - I'm glad things are settling down for you and that you're doing good with WW now.

So far today is going very well. I'm still sticking to my low sugar & carb plan for a few days. I did my workout yesterday and will get one in today. It's been too hot to walk so I'm resorting to DVDs.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

patchworkpenguin
06-22-2011, 12:22 AM
no exercise. My hip, wrist and left ankle {stabilizer muscle} all got iced today, plus I'm feeling kinda sinus-y. I hope I"m not getting a summer cold. The the hip from a LB workout last week{leglifts}, left ankle from a Leslie day before yesterday?, and the wrist is ongoing but hasn't been sore for about a week, then started again today. Grr, but everything is feeling better. Tomorrow is supposed to be long cardio so I skipped today to keep on track tomorrow. I have a meeting/luncheon tomorrow so that should be fun!

Tues 21
B= Banana protein shake, vits
L= corn 'off' cob, refried beans {clean out the fridge lunch}
S= chips
D= chicken soup, bread/butter
S= PB ice cream
S= cereal {mistake! poured too much and got overfull, but gave the rest to the dog}
E= none

Emme
06-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Happy Hump Day, everyone! Last night sucked! Our freezer/fridge went out and almost all of our food spoiled. I am running on no sleep and it's a long work day for me. But, through all of the stress last night I managed (somehow) to not freak out and eat to help me get through the stress. I just dealt with it. I hope my day goes by quickly...

I hope you all have a great OP day! :)

TooManyDimples
06-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi ladies! I'm back!

Our vacation was great. I brought home a great tan and I'd like to say little to no extra weight. =) I enjoyed myself plenty while we were gone, but I really don't think I went overboard and we were so active. I'd be really surprised if the scale is up much, but I'm not going to know anything until the July 1st of course. If there are any extra pounds on then hopefully they (plus a few of their friends) will be gone by next weighin.

I can't remember if I've told you all what's about to happen. My husband is in the Army and he reenlisted and he's going back to school to learn a new job. He leaves tomorrow and he's going to be gone until the end of October. =( I'm obviously not happy about it, but I've also been trying to psych myself up to really go for it while he's gone. I'm going to have a lot more free time and even though my daughter is still here of course, I kinda feel like I'm going to be able to focus on me a bit more. I would LOVE for him to come home to a much smaller me in 4 months.

So I'm going to spend the rest of this month just getting back into being on track with IF, my on plan foods and exercise. July I really want to make some big progress especially since I'll be traveling again in August, so July I'm going to really work hard on the exercise. I'm ready to get back in the swing of things and I plan on doing so tomorrow. Tonights our last night together so we're going to have a nice dinner. =)

I hope everyone has been doing great while I was gone!

Emme
06-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Kim ~ Welcome back! It sounds like you had an awesome time! It's sad that your husband has to leave for four months, but like you said, you'll have a lot of time to focus just on *you* (and your daughter, too)...I hope the time apart goes by quickly for you. I hope you enjoy your dinner tonight. :)

GettinFit
06-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Welcome back Kim! I'm glad you had a wonderful vacation and managed to stay in control. I'm sure you'll see good results when you weigh on July 1. That's a great idea to really work it while your hubby is away and shock him when he sees you again. I know you can do it.

I'm hoping for another good day. Cutting out sugar & bread for a few days has really helped me. I have not been hungry. Yesterday I do believe I was having minor sugar withdrawals but hopefully it will be better today. I've basically been following the South Beach Phase 1. Once I get a few pounds under my belt, I'll gradually add back the good carbs.

Have a great day everyone.

patchworkpenguin
06-22-2011, 05:38 PM
This morning while I was getting ready to go to my luncheon I broke my glasses. I was trying to wipe off the lenses and broke off the little bar that holds the nosepad on the right side. I can still wear them, but I need to get them fixed. It being Wed my optometrist is closed so we'll go in tomorrow.

I did Leslie's 5mile Advanced Walk.

TooManyDimples
06-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Morning everyone... My husband left this morning. I almost made it through the goodbye without crying, ALMOST. =P He'll be safe and everything, and this is by far not even close to the longest time we'll have spent apart, but it still sucks ya know?

I'm feeling grumpy and our little one is pretty unhappy so I've decided to push getting back on plan completely on hold for one more day. I'm going to take her out and have some fun with her and try to cheer both of us up a bit. Her favorite lunch is fast food so I'm going to take her there and then I might get some ice cream with her.

I'm only allowing myself one day for a pity party so please feel free to chastise me a little bit if I'm still acting like this tomorrow.

I hope everyone else has a great day.

Tricia Fierce
06-23-2011, 11:34 AM
My goals for June:

1. Check in here daily

Good morning everyone!

Kim- its ok to have a pity party day, especially when your man is going to be away from you for four months! I don't blame you...it's ok to give yourself permission to just BE and eat some ice cream for a day. Just keep in mind your goal for when he returns. Don't turn the pity party day into a marathon!

Emme- Thank you so much for checking out my blog! The Insanity program is a bit more than I'd usually wanna pay for some workout DVDs, but given the # of DVD's in the set (10, at least), its reasonable. I got my set on Ebay for a bit cheaper than Beachbody sells it for.

So yesterday was another almost OP day - the only thing I didn't do was check in with you guys! My workout yesterday was ROUGH mentally... my "inner heffa" came out in full force and almost messed me up! I wrote about the inner heffa in my blog - and how I handled her and got through the intense workout.

I didn't prepare a lunch for today (boo!) so I'm currently trying to figure out the best, cheapest and healthiest option to eat, especially before my weigh-in at WW this evening. I'm thinking a salad from Subway and fruit.

BTW, to Emme & GettinFit - you've inspired me to try to give up additional sugar & bread! I've tried before...and failed. But I'm gonna shop this weekend and try again.

I hope everyone has an amazing OP day! :goodvibes

littlebumblebee
06-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi Everyone

Gettinfit I am also giving up sugar and bread.
I have been off track and I hope giving up the sugar and breads will help me lose more weight before June 30, 2011.

GettinFit
06-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Hello ladies,

Kim :hug: I do understand your pity party today. I hope you and your little one enjoy the day and feel better. I know you'll miss your DH and I hope the time goes by so fast for you.

Tricia & Bumblebee - I can't believe how not having sugar has made me feel, it's like my cravings have all gone away. I have to force myself to eat now. I just hope I can stay away from it at least until I'm below onederland and even after then, I'd like to limit it. Let me know how you ladies do. Right now, I'm on Phase 1 of South Beach and after the second week, I'll slowly add back fruit & some good carbs.

I hope everyone else is having a great day!

GettinFit
06-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Thursday's Journal

B: 1 serv RF bacon, V8 Juice, skim milk, coffee w/SF syrup & half/half
L: Salad w/chicken breast, cheese, lettuce & tomatoes, FF raspberry vinaigerette dressing, SF choc pudding
D: Ground beef patty, green beans, 2 sm SF Fudge bars
S: 1 serving peanuts, diet root beer,

patchworkpenguin
06-23-2011, 04:53 PM
I have the 'frameless' glasses so all they have to do is replace the nose bridge part which they will be able to do tomorrow! Frankly, I can't even tell that they are broken except they keep sliding down my nose.

I did 65min of cardio. I"m trying to do more cardio...don't I sound excited??:dizzy:

I didn't post foods for yesterday, lunch was a potluck and I'm not even sure what some of what I ate was but it was all yummy! Breakfast was a shake and dinner was leftover chicken soup.

Kim, I'm sorry your Hubby had to leave! That's tough. Staying focused on your plan might keep you busy, I like to plan new projects when I know I"m going to be alone for a while.

TooManyDimples
06-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks everyone! Today was definitely an off day. I went a little junk food crazy and now I actually feel kind of sick. I'm looking forward to getting back to just healthy food tomorrow.

Tricia ~ Good luck with Insanity! You're a braver woman then I. =)

GettinFit ~ It's amazing what giving up carbs can do for your body isn't it? I get to start weaning myself back off them tomorrow which probably means some headaches for a day or two, but after that all the cravings will be gone again. I'm glad that it's working out for you.

So tomorrow I'm getting back on track. I'm going back to IF from 2pm to 8pm, 100+ oz of water per day, 1200 to 1600 calories, 50 to 75 net carbs a day and exercise 5 days a week. Hopefully I'll end the month strong.

patchworkpenguin
06-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Thurs 23
B=2 c milk, vits
L= Bahama's Breeze coconut shrimp, double broccolli
S= 3 cc cookies, 1 brownie
S= 1/2 protein bar after workout
D= chicken ratatouille over rice, more cookies:o
S= cereal
E= 65min cardio {I figure the cookies counteracted the cardio}

Hubby said he liked the ratatouille {hello, I"ve made it before!} but also said it reminded him of chinese food; maybe I should have served it over pasta, LOL.

Emme
06-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Ugh, bad WI this morning. Up 1.8 pounds. I know it's from ovulation water weight/retention because that's how I roll, but it's frustrating to work so hard and then have a gain. Hope everyone else did better than I did!

GettinFit
06-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Emme - :hug: I posted on your 165 Thread and you have to hang in there. I'm sure it will come off next week. You have done an awesome job so far and I just know you will reach your goal of 165 by the end of July. Are we on for another weekend OP challenge?

I'm still hanging in there with the no sugar/no carb thing. I'd like to stick with one more week of no carbing and then I'll start adding back some healthy carbs. I still want to stay away from refined sugar though.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Emme
06-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Emme - :hug: I posted on your 165 Thread but you have to hang in there. It will come off next week. You have done an awesome job so far and I just know you will reach your goal of 165 by the end of July. Are we on for another weekend OP challenge?

I'm still hanging in there with the no sugar/no carb thing. I'd like to stick with one more week of no carbing and then I'll start adding back some healthy carbs. I still want to stay away from refined sugar though.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Thanks for the encouragement...it means a lot! :) Yes, let's do another OP weekend challenge. I really need it! It's awesome that you are still going strong with the no sugar/no carb! I bet you feel great!

GettinFit
06-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Yes Emme - I do feel so much better. I was just telling my sister that I feel like I've taken an appetite suppressant.

OK - we're going to have a rockin good weekend :carrot:

Today's journal:
B: 1 serving RF bacon, thinly sliced tomatoes, skim milk, coffee
L: Taco salad w/ff sour cream
D: Chicken breast, green beans
S: SF fudgecicle
Exercise: Walk

patchworkpenguin
06-24-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm waiting around for the eye dr to call saying they can fix my glasses now. I did 60min of cardio.

No exciting plans for weekend, but I'm up for the OP challenge!

Tricia Fierce
06-24-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm sitting here pushing my glasses up my nose and thinking of you Penguin! I need to get mine adjusted already.

So ladies, I'm having a rough day at work - first actual break I've gotten to take is right now, and I work from 9-5! I am so tempted to run out of here and eat every comfort food imaginable...but reading (and re-reading) posts in this forum is helping my mind get back into focus. I will, however, have a drink or two later on today.

I'm up for the OP challenge this weekend! I'll be starting my carb restriction this weekend too (calling it carb restriction because I'll still eat fruits and veggies and dairy...)

:goodvibes

patchworkpenguin
06-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Tricia, I'm just about to leave to go get my glasses fixed!!

TooManyDimples
06-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Evening everyone. My first day back on plan went well. Tomorrow is our 5th anniversary, hopefully I'll get to talk to him on the phone plenty and it wont get me down too bad being apart.

I hope everyone had a good day and that you all have a great weekend.

patchworkpenguin
06-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Fri 24
B= 2 c milk, vits
S= Banana choc protein shake
L= homemade chicken soup, slice homemade bread
S= peach
D= 4 slices homemade Mexican pizza {salsa, cheese, peppers/onion, black beans}
S= 2 Brownies, baked Ruffles.
E= 60min cardio {Firm: Super Cardio Mix}

GettinFit
06-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Good morning ladies,

Tricia - I hope you survived the evening after your stressful day at work.

Kim - Great job on getting back on track yesterday. Hang in there today. I'm sure it will be tough but you'll feel so much better if you stixk with it.

I hope everyone is doing good with our weekend challenge. I'm thhinking it will be pretty easy for me since I don't have much of an appetite. I'm having breakfast now ad I 've planned what I'm having for lunch & dinner.

Have a great day everyone!

GettinFit
06-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Today's journal

B: Baked RF bacon, sliced tomatoes, skim milk, coffee w/sf syrup & half & half
L: Salad w/ff raspberry viniagrette dressing & chicken breast, sf pudding
D: hamburger pattywith peppers & onions & salad, sf fudgecicle
S: 1.5 oz peanuts

Grace73
06-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Good Morning ladies.. Weight was the same.. Sigh..
I just dont get it.. I guess slump or whatever.. But i been walking on the treadmill/ street at least 5 days a week. between 1-3 miles.. I only drink water.
I guess im bloated from my treat day. had pizza thursday night. just feel so discouraged.. Im going to keep it TIGHT until i leave friday morning for vacation. No bread, only water, salads, few ice pops ( 25 cal) Its hot here. and No food after 7 pm..My husband keeps stopping for lunch or dinner s
My body needs to kill itself to lose weight. But im going 2 keep tryng!

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

GettinFit
06-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Hang in there Friday. The scale will move down eventually.

GettinFit
06-25-2011, 12:22 PM
My workout is done :carrot: Today I did Firm Express Cycle 2 Cardio.

Emme
06-25-2011, 09:43 PM
So, if I ate a smaller amount of calories yesterday and a larger amount today, does the average count as staying OP in my calorie range?!?! LOL!! Yesterday I had 1423 calories and today I had 1915, so that puts my average at 1671 (and I allow my range to go up to 1650, so that is a smidge over). I worked so physically hard today and I tried just has hard not to get a Miller Lite and a side of fries with my healthy chicken sandwich for dinner, but I folded!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)

patchworkpenguin
06-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Yesterday morning we took April for her PT walk, then last night I did Leslies's Family Walk off On Demand

Gettin, cute new avatar.

Emme, I say average away. Yesterday was an 8 cookie day. Ooooops.

GettinFit
06-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

Emme - You were definitely OP. You were in control and you averaged your calories over the 2 days.

Yep Penguin - I decided that it was time for a new avatar. I'd had the same one since I joined 3FC. You are so disciplined when it comes to getting your workouts in. Keep up the good work!

I've had a very good weekend. This new way of eating has been just what I needed. I just hope I can stick with it and not go back to sugary junk! My snacks have been peanuts instead of the junk. I bought a supply of small airline size .5 oz packs of peanuts online and they are 80 calories per pack and they're perfect because they keep me honest with the serving size. I don't trust myself with the large containers.

I hope everyone else is having a great Sunday.

GettinFit
06-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Today's Food Journal
B: string cheese, coffee
L: Baked chicken, collards, 1 pc dark choc
S: 2 oz peanuts & Coke Zero, SF Fudgesicle
D: salad w/ oil & vinegar dressing, ground beef patty

patchworkpenguin
06-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Sat 25
B= 2 c milk, vits, peach
L= Turkey sand, corn off cob, chips, 2 brownies
D= Bob Evan's Pot roast haah + 2 eggs
S= choc chip cookies
E= 20min dog walk, 35min Leslie's Family Walk DVD

Sun 26
B= 2 c milk, vits,
L= Jason's Deli Nutty Mixed up Salad
S= grapes, 2 cookies
D= Veggie soup, cheese toast
S= 1/2 protein bar {mint choc!}
E= rest day

We have a 3 day weekend, Hubby took tomorrow off so we could go to the dentist. Exciting, huh? We like to schedule our appointments at the same time.

Emme
06-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Good Morning ladies.. Weight was the same.. Sigh..
I just dont get it.. I guess slump or whatever.. But i been walking on the treadmill/ street at least 5 days a week. between 1-3 miles.. I only drink water.
I guess im bloated from my treat day. had pizza thursday night. just feel so discouraged.. Im going to keep it TIGHT until i leave friday morning for vacation. No bread, only water, salads, few ice pops ( 25 cal) Its hot here. and No food after 7 pm..My husband keeps stopping for lunch or dinner s
My body needs to kill itself to lose weight. But im going 2 keep tryng!

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

Friday ~ Don't give up!! Hang in there and the weight will eventually start dropping.

GettinFit & Penguin ~ Sounds like you had great weekends!

Back to the grind today...good ol' Monday...happy OP day to everyone today! :)

GettinFit
06-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Good morning ladies,

Boy I sure wish I could have stayed home this morning. I am soooo sleepy as I only got abotu 4 hours of sleep. I really have to stay focused today because I tend to want to snack when I'm sleepy.

Friday - How's it going? I hope your body let's go of some pounds real soon. Hang in there and keep working your program.

Penguin & Emme - I'm glad you all had a good weekend! I did very good over the weekend. I'm hoping to keep the momentum going through this week and weekend. This weekend I may add a few whole grains & fruit back to my diet but still NO SUGAR. I love the feeling that I have W/O refined sugar in my system. I feel so in control if that makes sense.

Have a great day everyone ;)

GettinFit
06-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Journal

B: RF bacon (baked & drained), sliced tomato, skim milk, coffee
L: Salad w/turkey breast & FF raspberry vinaigrette dressing, SF pudding
S: 1.5 oz peanuts, SF Fudgesicle
D: Salmon, collards, green beans
Exercise: FIRM Express C-1 Sculpt

TooManyDimples
06-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Hey ladies. Glad to see many of you had a great weekend. Mine was a little rough. Saturday I was feeling pretty lonely and my husband picked the wrong day to bug me about him getting a motorcycle again. I ended up ordering pizza for dinner, and I don't even like pizza! I really just wanted one of the yummy crunch lava cakes they also have. haha! Part of it was also hormones which was confirmed yesterday when my period started. =P I ate right yesterday so the weekend wasn't a total wash at least.

Feeling better and hoping to make it a good week.

GettinFit
06-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi Kim - I'm sorry that your first part of the weekend didn't go so well but great job on turning it around and having a good day yesterday. I hope these next few months go by fast for you.

Heres to a great week for all of us. I'm hoping that I can make it to 215 (or lower) by 7/1. I was hoping to have a better June but falling off the wagon the other week set me back a few pounds.

patchworkpenguin
06-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Had a good report at the dentist, then spent the rest of the day with Hubby, running errands and just hanging out.

I went a little nuts and bought 3 new Leslie Sansone workouts. Her 'Ultimate complilation', 'Walk it Off and Tone it Up', and '3 Fast Miles'. Like I need more workouts! But I know I'll use them.

Mon 27
B=2 c milk, vits
L=McAlister's Savannah Chicken chopped salad
S= 1/2 Snickers
S= dry cereal
D= Chickfila Grilled wrap, sweet potato fries, small straw shake
S= apple slices with pumpkin butter

Kim, since I"ve cut back on eating choc I tend to go for crunchy foods in a big way. Didn't see that coming. A few weeks ago Hubby brought home a frame and other assorted motocycle pieces to store in the garage for someday. Grrl. Like he doesn't have enough unfinished projects already???

Gettin, I never thought I would be able to live without eating choc at least once a day, but I have survived. Its still rather amazing! I don't feel like its controlling me anymore.

Grace73
06-28-2011, 05:38 AM
Hello ladies..
Hope everyone is having a GREAT day/week..
Im ok.. i been doing my best.. I really been doing well with eating.. and
ok with exercise. I really cant complain. I have lost 9 pounds since
May 30th! so.. pretty good.. I just feel so bloated all the time. Strange..
Well Friday I leave on my plane back home to see everyone! even thou i will still be 10 pounds heavier than last visit. what can i do :)

Emme
06-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Kim ~ I'm sorry you had a rough weekend. :hug: It's great that you were able to turn around and eat fine the next day!

GettinFit ~ I'm sure you'll be just fine! You are back on the wagon, so that's all that matters! :) You still have your head in the game, so you're good!

penguin ~ It's great that you've found workouts that you know you'll use and enjoy. Have fun with them!

friday ~ :bravo: on the weight loss since May! Have a nice visit back home!

Here's to another OP day, ladies...let's do this!! :cheer:

GettinFit
06-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Good morning ladies,

Penguin - Great job on not letting the chocolate control you anymore. Enjoy your new Leslie workouts.

Friday - Nine pounds!!! Awesome job for the month of June. You are rocking it. I hope you have a wonderful trip too.

Emme - Hopefully lowering your cals a little will help you reach your goal of 165 soon. Like I said before, you have done an awesome job losing over 100 pounds. What size did you start at and what size are you now?

I'm set for another good day. I'm hoping to get a walk in this evening since I don't have a Firm workout on my rotation schedule for today. It's been raining every evening but hopefully, today it won't.

Did anyone watch Extreme Makeover, Weight Loss Edition last night? OMG it was so motivating. Seeing that young lady go from 433 to 202 in a year, made me believe that I can go from 235 to 170 in a year. During the second week of Dec I was 235 and I am going to try my hardest to make 170 by the end of Dec of this year. That's an average of about 1.8 a week and is doable if I stay focused (and stay away from sugar).

Have a great OP day everyone.

patchworkpenguin
06-28-2011, 10:13 AM
I've decided to focus more on cardio workouts this week. I'm also going to figure out a plan for my eating TODAY! I don't feel that what I"m doing right now is really working; there's too much margin for error.

Friday, great job on your loss!

Emme
06-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Emme - Hopefully lowering your cals a little will help you reach your goal of 165 soon. Like I said before, you have done an awesome job losing over 100 pounds. What size did you start at and what size are you now?

Did anyone watch Extreme Makeover, Weight Loss Edition last night? OMG it was so motivating. Seeing that young lady go from 433 to 202 in a year, made me believe that I can go from 235 to 170 in a year. During the second week of Dec I was 235 and I am going to try my hardest to make 170 by the end of Dec of this year. That's an average of about 1.8 a week and is doable if I stay focused (and stay away from sugar).

I started with a size 22/24 jeans and a size 1XL shirt. Now I am in size 12 jeans (big hips!) and medium/large shirts depending on the type of shirt. I have a large chest (thanks to my dad's side) and a small waist, so it's hard to go with just one size.

I recorded Extreme Makeover:WLE last night and I am going to watch it today...I started it but didn't have time to finish it last night. I really love that show...it is inspiring to see people lose so much weight! Your goal sounds awesome, by the way! That's six full months to push hard to get where you want to be at. And if you don't meet your exact goal, at least you will have lost some weight...one of my favorite quotes is "time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well do something with it." You'll do great! :)

patchworkpenguin
06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
I did two workouts from Leslie's Ultimate Collection~ 1 Mile Get Started, then a brief trip into Laundryland, then the 2 mile Brisk Walk, for a total of 50min. I'm hoping I can get Hubby to do another short walk with me tonight.

Dad had a routine phyiscal that resulted in finding a heart murmur, so he went to a cardiologist today, who told him that 'sometime' in the future he will have to have open heart surgery because of one damaged valve. He was also told that he shouldn't put it off but to have it while he's still healthy and not experiencing symptoms; the longer he waits the longer/harder his recovery will be. He has to go back to the regular Dr in a month after they have had time to review tests and consult {or something}.

Emme, great job on your weightloss!

patchworkpenguin
06-28-2011, 10:22 PM
I took an eating plan from Kathy Smith's "Feed Muscle Shrink Fat" book and I'm tweaking it a very little to fit me. It basically contains B,L,D, plus 3 snacks. She breaks some of them down into generic '1 protein, 2 fruit/veggie, 1 grain" but some I'll have to guess at. She also has recipes. I've followed this plan before and lost some weight, but it found it hard to follow then, and switched to counting cals which I found even more annoying {kudos to anyone who has the willpower to CC!} So I did do 'The Plan" today fulfilling my edict for myself. We shall see how things go fomorrow. I have a routine appointment with an eye specialist which will take at least 3 hours, but is right in the middle of lunchtime.

Tues 28
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= salad {3 cups lettuce, 1 can tuna, carrots, tomatos, craisins, blue cheese, 2 T dressing}
S= protein shake {banana, instant coffee, fiber, and protein powders, milk}
D= homemade chicken soup, 1 slice bread with butter
S= greek yogurt with strawberries, 2 crushed walnuts
E= 5 miles with Leslie spread thoughout the day

GettinFit
06-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Good morning everyone,

Penguin - I hope your dad is okay. Great job on following the plan from Kathy Smith. Hopefully this will get the scale moving downward for you.

Emme - That's amazing to go from a 22/24 to a 12 :cb:

I'm having a good week with eating and exercise so far. I've finally gotten back down to 216 and hopefully I'll soon be at 215. I'm just taking it one pound at a time.

Kim, Mandy, Lisa, Monique (sorry if I missed anyone) - How's it going?

Have a great day ladies.

GettinFit
06-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Today's Journal

B: 1/2 C grits, 1 sl cheese, 2 sl Canadian bacon, coffee
L: Grilled ckn salad w/reg salad dressing & cheese, SF pudding
S: peanuts,
D: salmon, green beans, 1 Fudgesicle
Exercise: Firm Express C1 Cardio & Sculpt

TooManyDimples
06-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Morning Ladies. I hope everyone is having a good week so far.

I've been going along fine just been busy so I haven't been checking in as much. My period has been a little rough so exercise hasn't been going strong, but I'm definitely planning on upping things once July gets here. Which is soon, wow!

patchworkpenguin
06-29-2011, 03:35 PM
I spent most of the morning at the eye docs for a routine exam which went well {except for all the waiting...} However, the Dr wants me to go back and see my cataract surgeon, there's a membrane that holds the fluid away from the lens, so they can't take it out when they replaced my lens, but it has gotten cloudy and is affecting my vision so I will have to have it fixed. They apparently punch a hole in it with a laser, and its a routine procedure, happening more often than not. Planned on a different cardio than Leslie, but since everything is blurry. and probably will be for the rest of the day, I guess she is my safest bet. :p

Emme
06-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Penguin ~ I'm sorry to hear that you have to have a procedure, but it's good to hear that it is routine. I hope it goes well for you so you can get back to seeing! :)

Kim ~ TOM...everyone's best friend, right? ;)

GettinFit ~ I finished Extreme Makeover: WLE tonight and wow was I inspired! This girl looked amazing and I was so happy for her!!

patchworkpenguin
06-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Wed 29
B= 2 c milk, vits, Egg Mug {egg sub with peppers and onion}, slice bread with pumpkin butter
L= Old Venice Cobb salad
S= protein shake
D= homemade beef and veggie stew, slice bread
S= peach with honey/greek yogurt
E= 5 miles with Leslie

TooManyDimples
06-30-2011, 09:26 AM
TOM used to be so irregular, now that I'm getting healthy it's coming like clockwork, but it's sooo much worse then it used to be. =P Figures huh?

I can't believe tomorrow is July already! This year is flying by.

Who's up for starting the new thread?

Emme
06-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Good morning, ladies! My goal was to be at 169.9 for the June challenge, and after WI at 170.4 yesterday, I WI at 171.2 this morning...oh well...at least I dropped a little weight this month. Onward and downward to July!

I'll start the July thread...I don't mind! :)

GettinFit
06-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Good morning ladies,

Kim - I hope TOM gives you a break soon. You're right, time is flying by!! It seems like it was just January and the year is already half over. I'll be happy to start the July thread.

Penguin & Emme - I hope you ladies are haring a great day!

I'm so excited that it hit 215 this morning. That's where I plateaued before and stayed there for over a month and then I gave up. I sure hope it doesnt get stuck here this time.

Emme
06-30-2011, 10:09 AM
GettinFit ~ Woo-hoo for hitting 215!! :carrot: Onward and downward! :) You won't get stuck at this weight. Don't even think about the number...just focus on eating right and getting your exercise in and 215 will be a thing of the past!

TooManyDimples
06-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Way to go GettinFit! I can't wait to join you in the 2teens! Hopefully for me I'll get there before you leave them for good. =)

GettinFit
06-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Ladies,

I'm so excited :carrot: I hit 20 pounds down today and I got a 4th flower :flow1: added to my siggy! Now I'm working on the 5th one!

Today's journal

B: 1 C grits, 2%cheese, 1 serv Reduced fat bacon, sliced tomatoes
L: Salad w/2% cheese, feta cheese, bacon bits & reg caesar salad dressing, 2 Dk choc
D: Salmon, green beans
S: SF Fudgesicle
Exercise: Rest day

GettinFit
06-30-2011, 10:19 AM
C'mon Kim - Hurry :broc: . I'm hoping not to be here much longer. I am so ready for onederland.

TooManyDimples
06-30-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm definitely going to try! I haven't weighed since June 9th so I'm super curious to see where I'm going to be at in the morning. A little nervous too.. The last week has been a little rough, and that vacation...

I think I'm just hoping to be under what my ticker says even if just by a little. I would hate to have gained and not really been aware because I've removed myself so far from the scale. I feel good and to me I look smaller, but I dunno, I'll find out in the morning! =)

patchworkpenguin
06-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Thurs, 30
B= 2 c milk, 1 scrambled egg beater with salsa and cheese
L= Canned tuna on salad
S= protein shake
D= 4 cups homemade chinese with soba noodles
S= straw greek yogurt + 2 walnuts
E= 5 miles with Leslie

I do workout DVD's at home. I keep track of them each day; title, time and then at the end of the year add it all up to see what I've done, what I'm not using, and if I need to purge/buy something, LOL. Jan- June I did 112 workouts, which breaks down to 60 cardio {walking, kbox TM workouts}, 44 strength {mostly weights, some yoga and pilates}, and 16 weights/cardio circuits.

Gettin, congrats on the 4th flower.

Kim, good job staying away from the scale for so long.

Emme, at least you have lost some weight. Progress is good. Keep going!