Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 10:01 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default ~Fabulous Forties And Beyond~#134

Hi everyone,

Today was my first weigh-in....lost 4 pounds I know it's the first week, water weight and all that, but it's a loss and I'm happy!

Will be back later, have a great Monday.

~Jen
Old 01-06-2003, 02:05 PM   #2  

Hi everyone. I am 5 pages behind! I didn't read them yet but I will once the kids go back to school on Wed. I did see that we have a new member. Hi LeeAnn. I look forward to reading your posts. This a GREAT Group. I love these girls.

Did anyone see the Fiesta Bowl for the National Championship?
MY OHIO STATE pulled it out in DOUBLE OVERTIME. We went to a party with about 50 people and the place went nuts. It was fun being in Columbus, Ohio for that. We were leaving the next morning but we went on campus the next day and actually found NATIONAL CHAMPS shirts. We were so excited. Then Sunday my Steelers were in their first playoff game this season and they were playing our HATED RIVALS the Browns. We were losing the WHOLE Game and I thought "NOT TO THE BROWNS". I had no hope and the last 2 minutes the Steelers WON!!!!!!! It was so much FUN!!!!!!!!!
Our next door neighbors are HUGE Cleveland Browns Fans and I saw them leave to take their daughter to Auburn right after the game and boy did I feel sorry for that girl. They didn't look happy at all. Oh well!!!!
I will read and respond to everything. I am to nibby not to.
Luv ya all!!!!
Terri
Old 01-06-2003, 05:12 PM   #3  

Talking

Hello My Buddies

LeeAnn, did I mention my cat is 17 yrs. old? I've had her since she was a couple of weeks. I LOVE animals. Especially dogs. My cat thinks she's a dog too. I even had a turtle. Someone found him walking in the middle of the road & they knew I would take him. I named him Speedy. I had him for years but when I moved he kept getting stuck in the carpeting. I gave him to a little boy that had 2 turtles just like him. Speedy useto eat cat food. I took pictures of him in the cat's bowl. Animals are so smart. You're a member of WW Online too?

Dianne, I cracked up when I saw all your posts You are too funny Girl. Mi Amiga

Jen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG!! 4 lbs. Who cares if it's water right? We'll take it.

Terri, hurry back to us we miss you.

Ruth, I tried emailing you & it wouldn't go thru. I don't know why? How are you?

Gotta go exercise. Be back later.

This is for you Jen.

Last edited by EsRios426; 01-06-2003 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:43 PM   #4  

HI girls,

I am OP for 5 days straight fo far. Official WI is on Thursday. I don't remember who was talking about weighing every day but I am guilty of that too. The scale is down so far but I won't say how much because I don't want to jinx it.

Steve and Ellen are in FL. They went to check up on his dad and to deliver the quilt I made for my mom's 80th Bday. They will be back Wed nite. I miss them but I wish I could ask them to stay there another week. By then I might just have 1/2 of the stuff I wanted to catch up on finished

Have a lovely Mon evening. I am off to the gym.

-JanieD
Old 01-06-2003, 11:15 PM   #5  

hi guys:

Jen - Big congrats on your 4 lbs loss - that's great. You must feel really good. Any loss when you haven't been OP for a while like most of us is really motivating. I'm happy for you. Way girl!

Es - Too funny about a turtle named speedy, I have never been a pet person, I think its because I was traumatized by pets, lol. I had a kitten when I was younger and thought it could be walked outside like a dog. Well, when I started walking down the stairs with it, it had a panic attack and latched on to my neck! Then my son Steven who's had almost every form of pet life had a white rabbit and the rabbit jumped into the shower with me I had a goldfish once and my grandmother flushed it down the toilet by mistake......So, I just don't have a great track record with animals,

Janie - Good to hear from you. Great job going to the gym - I'm still trying to find time to do the WATP tape - hopefully tomorrow night.

Terri - Glad you're back with us - but I must tell you that I didn't understand half of your post - all I got was that it was about football To me a fiesta bowl sounds like something you eat Mexican food out of, lol. Welcome home!

ZoeGirl - How are you - feeling any better??? Take care of yourself.

Hi Ruth, Sandy, LeeAnn and Cindy - hope everyone's doing well.

Weigh in for me and Willie is Thursday morning - we'll see how that goes. We've been doing pretty well.

Well, I'll check in with you guys tomorrow..........nite-nite.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 01-07-2003, 09:47 AM   #6  
Back on Track

Unhappy

Jen – WTG! That’s great news!

Terri – Glad to meet you!

Es – 17?? Wow! You sure are doing something right. I’ve often thought about having a turtle, but I think my life is pretty full right now. Maybe in the future when there aren’t so many cats in the house (yeah, like that is ever going to happen). I’ve been a member of WW online for about a year now.

JanieD – Good going! Keep up the great work.

School last night wasn’t great. Got incredibly stressed out, and not only didn’t I finish with 3.5 points left over, I ate everything in site and have no clue how far over I went. I’m so frustrated I could cry.

Hope everyone’s day goes well. I’m going to try to shake off this feeling today. Maybe I’ll go for a walk outside at lunch.

LeeAnn
Old 01-07-2003, 09:48 AM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
thanks for the dancing woo-hoo...it's been a long time since I've earned one of those! We've got 8 turtles or, I should say, Joe does. 5 are water turtles,and 3 are box. Not a cuddly, lovable pet, that's for sure. They "winter" in the house in an environment he made for them, then they "summer" in the yard in an enclosed area behind the garage. I've been trying for years to talk him into getting rid of them....it's just alot of work.

Terri!
what a great football weekend for you sounds like you had fun. I'm rooting for the Steelers, but am liking Atlanta also no loyalties here since my Bears aren't in it

Dianne,
I am just able to get thru the 1 mile WATP video...I'll continue with that till I feel up to increasing to the 2 mile. I don't blame you for not having pets, after those stories! I've never touched our turtles, and never will. We gave our cat, Alex, to Jess back in May, and that's working out well. My house is also staying much cleaner! I don't see us getting any pet in the future. Good job on staying OP, both you and Willie.

Janie,
enjoy the time you have left alone! Sounds like you're doing well OP...good luck on Thursday.

have a great day!
~Jen
Old 01-07-2003, 02:31 PM   #8  

HI everyone,

Just a quick note to congratulate everyone, especially Jen on staying OP.

Have a great Tuesday (even you Es).

-Jane
Old 01-07-2003, 04:07 PM   #9  

Hi,

Too funny Dianne about the Fiesta Bowl.
Don't blame you about the laying on the couch thing. Much too comfortable for my liking.
I loved "Susanne's Diary to Nicholas" Brittany bought it for me for my birthday.

Jen,
4 pounds is fantastic. Great start to a new year.
We had turtles when I was little. They are so cute.
My Bucky was 17 when he died. I LOVE Animals.
I am so sorry to hear about your friend's dad. That is so sad.
Our New Year tradition is to have polenta. I like it with gravy and parmesan cheese.
The kids go back tomorrow (Wed.). I'll miss them.

Es,
Britts is doing great and she says hi. She was just inducted into the National Honor Roll. She is a happy camper.
That is too funny about your shopoholic. Pete sounds so cute.
Love the Speedy story. He sounded so cute.
Hope the opening of the gym went well.

Zoe,
You are doing so well. I hope you feel better.

Cindy,
Welcome. To be 39 again. I will be 44 this year.
This off track thing on Fridays is so common. It is hard but I know you will conquer it. There is a book I just bought called: The Little Book of Dirty Diet Tricks by Carole Bodger. It has a lot of funny and great ideas. One of the funny ones is :Stand next to heavier people. Most of them are real and I have done quite a few.
They are all common sense ideas.
Congrats on your weight loss. That is great!

Sandy,
Good luck.

Janie,
Glad you are back.

LeeAnn,
Here is a little about me. I am 43 and have been happily married for 20 years. I have 3 kids (Brittany,16, Brandon,11 and Bradley,9) I have a dog named Tanner (Spoiled little 2 yr. old- just love him).
I became a lifetime member in 1985. I am doing on-line and I love it. I re-joined again in 2000 and lost 60 in about 2 years.
I am a Stay at home mom. Bruce, my husband, works for Nasa and we lived in Cape Canaveral for 13 yrs. and 6 yrs. ago we moved to the Huntsville, Al. area. Closer to Ohio so it is a good thing.
STEELERS WHO? I'm shocked

I started back today. I do on-line. I gained 4 over the Holidays. This is good compared to other years. I mean I go back to Ohio and have people serve me. I have an Italian mother who cooks.
I plan to have it off this week or at least next. Glad to be back.
Terri

Last edited by points; 01-07-2003 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:08 PM   #10  

Angry

Hello

Terri, welcome back. I'm so proud of Brittany. WTG! Maybe I should give WW online another try. Remember the Points Police from my job? She came over to me this morning & asked me to do WW with her. She is a cute petite little thing. She's around 5' & can't weigh anymore than 120. She's 54 yrs. old but acts like 25. She makes me laugh all the time. I told her I'll give it another try. I don't want to let her down.

Janie, you remember me & Tuesdays huh Today went so fast. I was so busy. This week is going to fly. As long as the weekend doesn't go by as fast.

Jen, 8 turtles I could hardly handle one. Speedy useto crap all over the place. That's another reason why I had to get rid of him. Having pets is alot of work.

LeeAnn, I guess you really like WW online. I tried it for 3 months. Maybe I didn't take advantage of all that it has to offer. I have to think about it. Do you post there also? Don't be so down on yourself okay? We all have those days. I know how you feel. It's behind you. Hang in there.

Dianne, I work with a woman, the Points Police, that hates pets. ALL PETS. She had a few bad experiences. She said she had a possessed dog. LOL I always had a pet. I don't even want to think about what I would do if something happened to my dog.
I'm having a pastele for dinner. You said 6 pts. right?

Well, my stomach is grumbling. Let me go chow down.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 01-07-2003 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:55 PM   #11  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello my friends ~

My illness must have gone to my head. I'm thinking, wow, my 40's friends are sure busy....no new posts......so I'm waiting...and waiting....and waiting....aha!! a new thread!! That's why I haven't any email notifications!! DUH!!! I haven't read them all but will.

I am not 100% yet but much better. Thank you to all who have asked. This really knocked me for a loop. I don't ever get sick but this is twice in 12 months. I have to say, I don't like it. I think I will start taking vitamins which I don't do now. C's especially. Does anyone know if they help keep the colds away?

WI on Saturday found me 1.2 lbs lighter for a grand total of 33.8 lbs. Heck "point 8" is a pound to me so I'll just say "about 34 pounds.

Jen ~ Woo Hoo I'm dancin' for ya. WTG! Those nice loses make you do ever better. Keep up the great work!!

Terri ~ Glad to 'see' you here again. Hope you've been well.

Es ~ your cat thinks she's a dog too?? Mine is a real "lap" cat. Climbs up and cuddles just like a dog. She's so weird but I love it. She's 3 yrs old, the baby of our previous cat so I saw her birth which makes it even more special to have her. Her name is Hannah and she is completely black....not a speck of white on her.

Janie ~ Be proud of yourself for those 5 OP days! That is so great. Keep it up. Come Thursday's WI, you'll be rewarded. I am finding it difficult to stay 100% OP now that I'm in my 17th week. It's rough. I wasn't the one who recently spoke of weighing every day but I find myself doing just that lately. I want to stop, it's not good since we fluctuate so much during the week. Again, WTG and I can't wait to hear your news after your Thursday WI.

Dianne ~ my friend, my friend....yes, I'm somewhat better. I know you and Willie will be seeing a nice loss come WI on Thursday. Keep plugging along.....it's worth it.

LeeAnn ~ don't fret....I do that sometimes. I kick myself, cry or just think "how on earth could I have done that???" Just get back up, brush yourself off and get back on track. It's difficult un the beginning, getting started but it's also difficult when, like in my case, you've been OP for so long. I am getting where I would just love to have a fast food double cheeseburger. I've been dreaming of it. I think I'll look it up in my Dining Out book and see if it would be worth the points.

Well my wonderful friends, it's time for me to lay back on the sofa. My body has ran out of gas.......later tonight than the last 4 so I must be getting better. Have a wonderful evening.

Me <><
Old 01-08-2003, 10:32 AM   #12  
Back on Track

Talking

Good morning to one and all! I hope everyone is staying OP and exercising the best they can.

Terri – What are Suzanne’s Diary to Nicholas? I’ve heard several people mention them, but don’t know what they are. Congrats to Brittany on NHS – that’s no easy accomplishment! I just love Italian food! I can see why the weight gain. I’m sure I would have had much more than that.

Es – Thanks for the hug. I needed that. I actually do like the online method. Sitting in meetings just isn’t for me. I’ve lost more when I’ve had online support than the personal/meeting kind. If I’m having a hard day, it’s easy to post then and there. With actual meetings, I may have to wait up to a week to talk about the problem. Do you know what kind of damage I can do in a week? I do post there as well in JC’s Cat Lovers and 40+ and Single under the 40’s board. I try to limit where I post. Too many sites and a) I can’t keep up with who is who, and b) I can’t keep up with all the messages posted. I’m easily confused, you see. So, what is pastele?

Zoe – Glad you’re feeling better. Being sick is just no fun. Fantastic job on the 34 lbs down! Thanks for the words of wisdom. It really helps when I read the posts. I don’t feel like I’m the only one struggling. On the cheeseburger, since you’ve been OP for so long, I wonder if your body might just reject all the grease and stuff that makes it so “tasty.” When I cut down on fats before and then ate a deep fried meal, my body got so sluggish and the stomach really rebelled. I now try to limit the greasy stuff to only once in a great while. And to think I used to have that stuff without even thinking about it.

Well, time to get back to work. Hope everyone has a great OP and exercise day!

LeeAnn
Old 01-08-2003, 11:45 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

LeeAnn,
You had a bad night, as long as you don't let it run into a string of them.....which has happened to me way too many times! I think you're doing a great job of focusing and using the tools that work for you. Hang in there! I'm having tech difficulty w/the boards at the WW site, can access everything, but cannot post. Repeated emails to their tech help haven't resolved the problem yet but I'm getting all the support I need simply from reading them for now.

Zoe,
glad you're feeling a bit better. There's been a nasty strain of flu going around here, but it's the stomach variety. I don't know if it's been proven, but I've been taking Vit. C for 3 years now, and have not had any major colds/flu. An occasional sniffle, and that's it

Es,
It sounds like a good thing, that the Points Police woman at work wants to buddy up...it's what you may both need. Having support at work like that may be great! Hope it works out.

Terri,
That is so cool about Britts...congrats to her!!

Yesterday our friend Deb passed away; she's the one who was diagnosed in October w/bone cancer. It's a sad ending to a rapid, devastating illness. She's only 49. I was at a meeting last night, and returned home to the news from Joe. I wish I would have been here for him when he got the call; they worked together for 14 years and were good friends.

have a good day, everyone.... HI to Dianne, Sandy, Janie, Cindy, Ruth...looks like we lost Ruth?

am out for a walk!
~Jen
Old 01-08-2003, 01:05 PM   #14  

Angry

Hi

I'm at work. I took a 1/2 lunch break but I'm so busy it looks like 10 minute lunch. I can't seem to catch up. That's what I get for taking vacation.

LeeAnn, I know what you mean about the meetings. I'm very shy believe it or not when it comes to a group discussion. Online is very private, sort of. I may rejoin online instead of going back to meetings. I hate the hassle of going then waiting to get weighed then finding a good leader, etc. I have to see what will be best.
I'll explain later what a pastele is.

Jen, if I join maybe we can chat there sometime.

We should set a date to chat here. Maybe a Friday night?

Okay, gotta go. Till later

Love,
Es
Old 01-08-2003, 01:39 PM   #15  

Hi everyone,

I fell off the wagon last night. I was 4 points over, but I think I had a few points to carry over for the week so maybe it was a wash. I was starting to feel a little lonely (it only took a week) without Steve and Ellen around, so I got into the chocolate.

Terri,
Congratulations to Brit. She should be very proud!

Zoe,
I am glad you're feeling better. Take good care of youself.

Leeann,
I haven't introduced myself. I am 45, married for 17 yrs, with a 9 year old daughter, Ellen. I work fulltime as a researcher and am also a cat lover! Nicky (Nick Danger) is almost 13 and gets more affectionate everyday. I have been lifetime since 1995 and this time around I lost 34 lbs. 3 lbs short of reaching my personal goal (I did get to WW goal). Then last Sept I had somewhat of a personal/emotional crisis and gained 15 back since then. That put me just over WW goal again. One great thing about this program is you start new every day.

I have to be good today, tomorrow is WI. Happy Wed everyone!
-JanieD
Closed Thread