Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #1  
Makin' it happen

S/C/G: 296/198/150

Height: 5'4

Default Did you (or are you planning to) change anything about your appearance after loss?

I was just wondering if anyone has or is planning on changing anything else about their appearance when they reach goal or maybe just get close to goal.

I had lunch with a friend a few days ago who lost 100+ lbs and has maintained the loss for over four years now. When she lost her weight, she grew her hair out and dyed it brown. She had always had short, blonde hair, and it was quite a change especially combined with her weight loss.

This got me to thinking about what I might want to change when I hit goal (which is a long way away LOL). I couldn't really think of anything except maybe get rid of my glasses. However, one of the main reasons I don't have contacts now is because the thought of putting something in my eye freaks me out! So, I don't know that I would even be able to change that if I wanted to haha.

What do you think? Have you changed anything else about your appearance during your weight loss journey or are you planning on making other changes? Will you take more/less time with your hair, makeup, clothes? I'm just curious!
onagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:20 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

A hair cut. Though that may happen along the way if I get too annoyed.

My hair currently reaches down to my knees. (And I'm by no means a short woman.) I always wear it up anyways so it won't get in my way.

I do have a feeling my clothing choices are going to change as I slim down. The clothes I always want to wear either A) Don't come in my size or B) Look ridiculous on my shape at the moment.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Height: 5'4"

I spend less time on my hair and make up now. I also have a great time trying on and buying clothes. Instead of just buying whatever fits, I'm buying styles that I've always admired on others but never fit me right.
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

I am thinking of getting laser eye surgery to get rid of glasses. Contacts - Dont like the thought of putting my finger in my eye.. Also might shave my hair tight, see how it looks. (The bit I have left anyway lol)!. Also wouldnt mind getting some dental work, but really my weight loss is first, and hoping in 2 - 3 months I will be at my goal weight. After the weight loss I will just see what happens, at least the biggest stumbling block will be out of the way anyway so I might treat myself.
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:09 PM   #5  
Love me.

S/C/G: 207/T/135

Height: 5'10"

Physically? No.

Clothing wise? I am so wearing more skirts and cigarette pants.

Oddly enough, I find that as I become thinner, I enjoy wearing less make-up and becoming even more low maintenance than before while enjoying my natural features.

Last edited by AshleyLaurent; 06-07-2011 at 05:06 PM.
AshleyLaurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I don't really think I'm striving to change anything physically, I mean minus the things that are changing on their own! I just have set up a reward system for myself. Like once I reach a certain goal I get a hair cut, next is a tanning bed membership, then comes a new outfit... small but rewarding things to work for!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think that the only thing I'll change is I'll be wearing cuter clothes!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:31 PM   #8  
Brooklyn Princess

S/C/G: 246/242/127

Height: 5'4

Part of my reasons for losing weight are so superficial! But when I reach my goal weight of 127 I'm planning on getting laser surgery and buying a million bikinis and bandage dresses! I'm also going to walk in heels like a pro. I see all these women on diet shows just go and chop their hair off! It's like a rite of passage haha. But to answer your question just the clothes!
Tinasan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #9  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

For me, if my skin sags terrible (after a year post weight loss) or my breasts hang terribly, I'll get those things fixed if they are really bothersome. Otherwise naw.... Just cuter clothes that show off my figure!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I just got a pixie cut. It would have looked terrible before, but is cute now.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #11  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I'll definitely grow my hair out! I look really bad with a super round face and long hair. Actually, I'm already sort of doing it since I'm not longer at a weight where I look silly with longish hair.

I'll definitely wear more make-up. I just can't be bother with it at the moment but this goes hand in hand with a better wardrobe. At the moment my clothes are a bit scary! They're pretty much all too big and extremely boring. We can't afford much of anything new but in a few months we will be so hopefully then I can find more flattering clothes and actually use some make-up again.

Oh, and jewelry but I need to find some that works because I picked up a metal allergy and can't even wear my wedding ring anymore.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #12  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

You know, if you had asked me that 100 pounds ago, I might have said, quite eloquently: "Whaaa? Ummm ... I don't know."

But actually, there have been many changes, only lots of them were incremental. I tried this & tried that. I dared a little bit more. Some styles came in that weren't anticipated, and they seemed to work. Others didn't.

I mean, I really didn't know what I was going to look like, so how would I have known what was going to work for me?
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 147/120

Height: 5'6

Tinasan, I'm just curious, what kind of laser surgery are you talking about? I really want to try Fraxel on my stretch marks but I can't afford it right now. One day!

I know since I've lost most of my weight, I have let my hair grow longer then it was before. I've also been going with a more natural look regarding make-up and clothes. I'm looking better in clothes so I can still look good/presentable in casual clothes, like jeans and a t-shirt. Dressing up is fun too don't get me wrong, but day to day, I'm more of a casual, laid back girl.

I like buying clothes slightly snug too. It keeps me in check and they will still look good once I reach goal.
Kasey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I am growing my hair, or hoping too, every time I get near a stylist they want to chop it and I feel like I'm starting all over again. I want shoulder length hair. And I'm trying to wear my makeup more often, I really just want to change my image, and weight loss is a part of that. Being active is a part of that, and taking care of myself in other ways is a part of that. I like being a more 'put together' person most days.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 306/240/140

Height: 5'5

After a loss of 60 lbs, I decided to get electrolysis. I'm tired of looking like Diabla on Beyond Scared Straight!

When I get closer to goal I intend to just play with different clothing styles and see what suits me.
Kaonashi is offline   Reply With Quote