Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Summer Meltdown Chat Week 1 (05/30-06/05)

Bigmid
05-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Well here we are in our first official week of the challenge, this is going to be awesome everyone.

Once again welcome back to all of our returning challengers and a big welcome to all of our new challengers.

Please remember you need to post in the chat thread at least once every week in order to be the Biggest Loser for the week and overall (if your percentage is there as well)

Also remember you must WI by 10pm AST in order for your WI to count. If you have not WI by 10pm AST then you will be put in for a Freebie. Once I put these in you can't change them.

One more thing please make sure you put your starting weight in as the same one beside your name on the team placement. This is the one I go by....if you changed it I will just have to change it back.

So here we go......LET'S HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK EVERYONE:carrot::carrot:

abetterme
05-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Yay! Go Blue!
I only had one turkey hot dog at the BBQ today and Im very proud of myself!

PageLynn
05-30-2011, 12:09 AM
I am eating way too late but I was waiting for someone who still has shown up...that pulled pork is calling my name! LOL. I gained weight this past week (glad we didn't have to post a weight tonight!) so I gotta get back on track. I do this every time I hit a new low, I eat myself back up at least 3 lbs. UGH! What is wrong with me?!? I think it could be the stress too. My ex is causing huge problem again (pushed his way in my house and keyed my car on Saturday morning around 1:30 am) all because he found out I was dating. Smh. I hope my life gets easier soon.
GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK EVERYONE!

abetterme
05-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Sorry PageLynn. Hope things get better for you real soon!

Bigmid
05-30-2011, 01:19 AM
Kelsey - WTG on the turkey dog

PageLynn - I seem to self sabatoge too....not sure why either, as far as the ex is concerned maybe Karma will bite him in the @#ss I hope things get better soon.

Well it's 10:17 so I guess I should head to bed so I can get up in the morning for work.

Although I ate bad today I did go out at 7:30 for my walk which I ended up actually doing half run.....hard to do on a full stomache....if only I would learn:)

sandlll
05-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi everyone - we went on vacation this week and I am afraid to get on the scale! Glad to have a week to lose it!!

DrivenByAmbition
05-30-2011, 10:09 AM
I ate terrible this weekend. Back on track tomorrow. It's my first cheat since starting weight watchers, I feel terrible.

PageLynn
05-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks Kelsey and BigMid. The ex has been strangely quiet as of late yesterday. I am gonna head outta town for the night, hopefully it will stay quiet. On a good note, I met a new guy last week and the more we hang out the more I like him lol. I am technically dating (nothing serious) 3 guys and I have got to figure out who I am going to be more serious with because I am not good at this balancing act lol.
Kelsey: Good job on only having one TURKEY dog!
BigMid: Good job on working out! I need to get back to working out. Just not as much as in the past because I think the 2 hour workouts daily was why my weight wasn't coming off like I thought it should.
Sandlll: Good luck on getting back on track!
DrivenByAmbition: I am on weight watchers too! I have a day where I eat off plan and I always feel guilty too. I think I may just save up a few extra points (I normally go over by around 3 a day) for a weekend day so I won't overindulge but can still splurge. Good Luck with getting back on track!

brizza
05-30-2011, 01:05 PM
well yesterday I ate so much and felt so full and guilty!!
gosh hate that feeling!
Woke up in the middle of the night wishing i hadn't eaten as much. Like always thinking " I promise not to eat like that again! REaLLY!! "
I dont know how many times I've said that but I really want this one to be the last time feeling so bad about what I ate.....

CourtneyDaisey
05-30-2011, 01:17 PM
HELLO BLUE TEAM!!!!

I am just popping over from the Red Team to wish you all a wonderful Memorial Day for those in the USA and wish you all the best this week! Kick butt-er, reach goals, and drop pounds! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

dream710
05-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day. We've spent a lot of our weekend spending time with our extended families. My grandma pulled out a bunch of old pictures, there were quite a few pictures of me at my heaviest and i kept thinking wow how much I have changed in the last 7 years. I went from a girl who didn't exercise, who ate whatever, whenever, and was miserable to a gal who exercises at least 5 days a week, is more aware of what she's putting in her mouth, and is willing to try new things. I've got a little ways to go before I meet my goal weight and the weightloss has sure slowed down but one thing is for sure this new gal is here to stay :)

brizza- I've been there (actually yesterday) :hug:

Page-hope your date went well. Its too bad the ex has to continue to cause you problems.

Driven-I've had a rough weekend too. Good for you getting right back on track.

sand-Welcome back! When I get back from vacation I wait a few days before testing the scale.

Bigmid-Good for you getting your walk/run in...Running on a full stomach...don't know how you could do it.

Kelsey-WTG on the BBQ! I went to one last weekend and forgot to bring my self control. Guess its a work in progress

Beck
05-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Hello Blue team!

I've been busy the past 2 days with yard work and sweating my behind off doing it. I've been fighting a battle with the weeds, but I think I have them beat at least for a little while.

I just ordered Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred and Banish fat, boost metabolism DVDs, also The Biggest Loser workout: Cardio Max. I should have them by Saturday. I'm excited about it; I've never done a workout DVD before (time to hang some sheets on the windows in my sunroom so the neighbors can't watch me jumping all around!). I joined a June 30 Day Shred challenge here at 3FC; It'll be interesting to see how many pounds and inches I can lose.

I have a wedding to attend in August, and I've started to look around online for something to wear, though won't buy anything till closer to the date. The pickings are slim; the wedding is a Chabad wedding and modest dress is a must (I dress modestly in any event, but this is more so). The dress needs to be at least knee-length, the sleeves to the elbow or lower, and the neckline can't be too low. Here's one that I thought might work: http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/chiffon-and-hammered-taffeta-dress-and-bolero/100896374/500 What do my fellow Blue-teamers think?

I wish everyone a successful weight-loss week! Onward and DOWNward, Blue Team!!

bnhtla06
05-31-2011, 12:48 AM
Hi Blue Team,
Just got back from a family vacation, but I'm excited about getting back to work on the weight loss now that I'm home. Good luck to all of you.

Beck: That's a beautiful dress.

Bigmid
05-31-2011, 01:21 AM
Hi just a quick pop in to say goodnight.

I had a very crappy day at work but then came home and went for my run. It was awesome. I did get a couple battle wounds from a bad bra though:) tore the skin right off....

I'll come back tomorrow for personals

Beck - pretty dress

QuillysQuest
05-31-2011, 07:50 AM
Hi everybody! :)

I'm actually kinda relieved to see that I wasn't the only one who had a tough weekend last weekend food-wise. Heheeh :) Though it's not a holiday here, my sis-in-law and her hubby and my father-in-law all came to visit to celebrate sis-in-law's 40th bday.

Actually, my food intake during the party was pretty decent. I didn't go overboard and most of it was yummy grilled veggies, so that wasn't bad, but what probably wasn't the best for the first week of a weight loss challenge was the two and half glasses of wine! lol

Then, on Sunday I don't know what was up with me, but I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a small handful of chips for lunch. That is something I haven't had in a while, and I know how horrible it is for a diet, but I was really not interested in anything else in the house, so I indulged against my better judgement. :P ... I think I actually ended up having some other sweets during the day too, but since I wasn't tracking my food that day, I can't remember now. (Maybe that's for the best, so I don't get down on myself TOO much. LOL )

Anyway, yesterday was a great day for me! Not only did we just HAPPEN to find my husband's bike that was stolen last week parked in front of a grocery store we pass on the way to the train station in the morning, completely intact, just standing there as if someone had borrowed it... but I had a bit of a personal triumph at the gym too. :)

I had been watching BL (I'm still catching up on past seasons) and I saw that Jillian had put people on a treadmill incline of 7 on the first day of training, so yesterday when I went to do my normal 5k on the treadmill, I decided to not go for speed, but try a higher incline instead. I was SO surprised to find that I was able to do an incline of 6 for 50 minutes straight without holding on or stopping, and for the last 15 minutes of it I was walking at 5kph!! That's like 3.2 mph, I think.

I don't know if that seems slow to the rest of you or not, but since this is only my 3rd week or exercising, I was totally psyched to see that I could do that without passing out, or being flung off the back of the treadmill like I've seen happen to some contestants on the show. heheheeh :)

So, now I have to figure out what I'm going to use the tread mill to train for, distance/speed or uphill/speed ... :)

Btw, Beck that dress is really pretty!! I love it. :)

Despite my rocky start, I'm actually looking forward to the weigh in this weekend! :)

AST is GMT -4, right?

GO BLUE!!!

lad143
05-31-2011, 12:18 PM
The ex has been strangely quiet as of late yesterday.

Isn't it a shame that an ex can control your diet and weight loss goals? My husband's ex has been playing games with the kids lately. The latest is that have yet to be given tickets to attend step-daughter's high school graduation which is in 4 days.

Tomorrow is court for child support reduction.

I cannot wait for this week to be done. The stress level has found me eating more than usual.

myhaloisintheshop
05-31-2011, 12:38 PM
It HAS been a long week. My brother and his family live in Joplin so that of course was a huge concern for us. Monday we got 10 inches of rain in just a few hours and our house flooded! WE have been in clean up mode all week. It of course has made it easier to stop and eat fast food since we have been so busy--which I have stayed very close to my calorie goals but the sodium is making me retain water.

We decided yesterday that this weekend we are going away for the weekend with the kids. We may not have time at any other time this summer. I knew summer time would be difficult but Im praying things settle down and I get into a routine again SOON!!!

Amberelise
05-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Hi ladies! Well, I'm ready to get started. :) And, it really feels like I am starting at day 1, haha.

I had a really bad weekend foodwise. I made some terrible choices. I was down about my day 30 results from P90X and really let myself go. The good news is that I found it to be a really good learning experience. I actually took the time to count out my calories and now I definitely know how I got to this weight in the first place!

I now see that alcohol is just killing me calorie wise. I didn't even get a buzz yesterday from what I drank and still consumed about 600 calories in alcohol alone. Then I went to olive garden and had a salad, 3 breadsticks and mushroom ravioli. That was 1200 calories right there! And breakfast was a grande skim latte with ONE pillsbury orange roll no icing. That was a 300 calorie breakfast. I used to eat FOUR of the rolls with a large latte.

The thing is, I'm trying to learn a lifestyle change. I don't want "cheat" days because I feel like if I "cheat" then what happens once I hit maintenance? I'll still need cheat days. So, instead, I need maintenance days. And, I cannot eat like I did on a maintenance day. So, yesterday was a never-can-happen day. I have to eat healthy through the rest of the day if I'm going out to eat. I have to not binge drink. Drinking to a buzz just isn't healthy for all sorts of reasons, and I'm 30. I'm old enough to know better. I have to get out of my binge drinking mentality from the 20s. I can still party and have a good time and only have one or two glasses of wine. And, when I go out I still need to order healthy options. I did well Friday night when I got salmon. I did decent on Saturday when I ordered a portabello panini. I did *just okay* on Sunday when I ordered risotto, at least it was an appetizer as a full meal. I did terrible, though, at Olive Garden. Learning, learning, learning.

So, anyway, I am sure I won't be perfect this summer, but I really do think I'm taking some very important lessons with me. I am determined to really eat very well this week. My boyfriend is on board for that, too, so that will help. I'm really hoping to start this challenge out with a weight loss this week, so cross your fingers!

lbsaway
05-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Hello Blue Team

I'm so ready to get this started...I had a terrible weekend of eating, but got back on track yesterday. Hopefully I can get out of the 160's ...it is literally driving me crazy. Like Pagelyn said I keep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds!!!...Good Luck everyone this week!!

Matilda08
05-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Hello team! HOpe you all had a fab holiday I shedded two lbs so I cant complain. Hope all is well

Narnia99
05-31-2011, 02:32 PM
:wave:
I another one who did not eat well this weekend. I had minor eye surgery last week and I comfort ate. It's a very bad habit of mine! Anyway, I am all healed up and ready to get back to working out and making the right food choices.

Laura G
05-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Wow -looks like we need some weekend warriors to keep us on track!
I'm a little disheartened by everyone saying how guilty/bad they feel about blowing their weekend eating. Guilt has no place in this challenge - it has no place in our love of self. Let go of the guilt. Don't personalize a bad choice, learn fromit and move on. Guilt always sends me straight to the cupboard to eat myself into feeling good (which never happens anyways!)

I am having a very good week. I've started a new diet plan/ WOE and it's really working for me. I am stoked about posting this week's wi (I post on Fridays).

So, ladies, here's to us - WE CAN DO IT!

QuillysQuest
05-31-2011, 05:32 PM
I agree Laura_G! Let's not get bogged down in woulda/shoulda/couldas! Let's take guilt out of the equation and just celebrate the GOOD things we do for ourselves. :)

I mean, talking about our struggles with our eating plans and stuff is fine, but let's not let ourselves get too caught up in any disappointments with ourselves. We are strong, capable people and we can do anything we put our minds to!

Thanks for the reminder Laura! :)

CaitLA
06-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Hi Team! I'm really excited to start this. I just finished up my first month of my new healthier lifestyle and it went great, so I'm ready to keep it up. Since met my 20 pound weight loss goal for May I went out and bought a super cute new workout outfit. And now I'm about to go on a hike!

Good luck guys!

abetterme
06-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Hey everyone.
So today wasn't that great as far as what I ate. For dinner, my inlaws took us to Dave's Famous BBQ. We shared the big feast meal. I didn't really stuff myself since my stomach had been hurting all day anyways, but even while eating my stomach was feeling worse! I'm glad I didnt totally pig out though.
I'm just glad I got a work out in today since I won't get to tomorrow. (inlaws are staying for two days)
Have a good night everyone!

dream710
06-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Evening Blue Team!

Cait-Congrats on meeting your May goal!

Laura & Quilly- I agree we should make this a guilt free zone!

Laura-whats WOE?

Narnia-glad you're all healed up and ready to go.

Matilda-Congrats on the 2lbs thats GREAT!!

lbsaway- I know the feeling I've been losing the same 5lbs since last September

Amberlise-Weightloss is definitely a learning experience. Its amazing how something so small can have so many calories and how fast they can add up.

myhalo- my heart goes out to all those in Joplin, I hope your family is ok. It sounds pretty stressful around your place. Enjoy your getaway.

lad-its sad the ex has to be like that. Hope things go your way.

Quilly-Congrats on the triumph and the gym!

Bigmid-Sorry to hear you had a crappy day at work. Way to go on getting your run on.

bnh-Welcome back!

Beck-What a beautiful dress! I've got the 30DS and CardioMax DVD's they're good workouts.

Not much to report here. I had a less stressful day at work and managed to stay on plan, so even though I didn't exercise I'm going to mark this day as a success.

dream710
06-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Kelsey- Congrats on getting the workout in. Enjoy your time with the inlaws.

brizza
06-01-2011, 09:24 AM
My God memorial day was hard!! everybody making all their fat-saturated food (that tastes so delicious!!! haha) but I'm happy because while everyone else ate that I was able to eat a healthier choice (watermeon!)
thats awesome!!
its a great step for me! I would usually just be influenced by what everyone is eating and fail again with my goal, not this time yay!

Amberelise
06-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Dream, you're exactly right. You think you did okay when eating out because you didn't stuff yourself, but then you come home and calculate your calories and it's like "oh crud!" Haha. Live and learn.

Anyway, I did perfectly on calories yesterday. I came in at 1274 which I think is just right considering I had a milder workout yesterday with yoga. I've already gotten up and done my workout for this morning, too, so now it's just down to my calories.

I've got a thread I'm building on the fitness video forum about my P90X workouts. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/232311-p90x.html It's keeping me accountable for my exercises which is a really good thing. I'm really hoping this forum will be what keeps me accountable for my calorie counting. :) Crossing fingers.

Laura G
06-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Dream - WOE - way of eating

Brizza - that is the absolute cutest profile pic ever!

Well ladies, today marks one whole week of eating OP for me. I am doing really well in the WL department too, but my wi is friday so I'll post in the wi thread then.

I'm really terrible at personals, but so everyone knows, I read them all!

Lets keep on keepin' on chickies! I hope everyone has a fabulous day, in everything you do!

Narnia99
06-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Good morning everyone :)
Today has started off well as I made myself get out of bed and get my workout done. I really enjoy working out once I get started. I am going to log my foods/calories and stay on track today.

Laura - "Don't personalize a bad choice, learn from it and move on." I love this! Thanks for the reminder.

Dream - thanks :)

CaitLa - congratulations on meeting your May goal. 20 lbs is awesome :cp:

Brizza - good for you for sticking to your plan.

Amberelise - I just read your P90X blog and you are doing great!!!! I have
P90X but I never made it through the rotation as far as you have. Very impressive, keep it up!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Matilda08
06-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi Team I hope all is well! Looking forward to our first WI and I hope we rock. Tonight is my two hour gym day. I do a hour of kickboxing and then a hour of body to pump! Ive been onplan and I hope and pray to stay that way.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Doragone
06-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA but we were away for the weekend. We are also leaving again, and will be gone for the WI, so I'll post tomorrow.

I had started a body building exercise program. I took pictures for the "before". and when I plateaued, thought "Well, I must be losing inches." So I checked measurements - nothing. I took more pictures - looked exactly the same. So I caved. I began eating like before I was a healthy eater. But not for too long. I also quit exercising . . . but I got back to it. Well, I've lost a few pounds along the way!!! Go figure. I'm back to eating healthy, but due to a torn muscle in my left arm, I'm only doing lower body and cardio for now, and that sporadically. But I give myself kudos for whatever positives I'm doing.

I've been reading that keeping a log of what you do is great reinforcement. Though I've read it before, it seems to be sinking in. I'm hoping to start posting in the nutrition and exercise blogs when we get back.

Stay strong ladies, lets rock this challenge!!!!

Dora

DrivenByAmbition
06-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Hope everyone is having a productive week. I'm pretty much back on track.

Beck
06-01-2011, 11:24 PM
:cheer3:Hello, team!

I had a great day today; I weighed in at 220.6, just 0.6lbs away from the goal I had set for July 17th, stayed on plan and got morning (2.5 mile walk) and evening (30 mins. bike) exercise in. I'm going to try to aim for ONEderland by 7/17, or at the very latest then end of July.

We had some crazy weather today; there were a couple of tornadoes that touched down in our New England state and there are 4 confirmed deaths. The worst of the storms passed south of my town, but we got some large hail, and the skies were the craziest I've ever seen- they went from yellow, to black, and then an unbelievable lightening storm. I can't imagine what it's like for mid-westerners to have to live with tornadoes on a regular basis.

Sorry I don't have time for personal responses; I'll try to be better about that next post.

In my weight-loss journal I have inspiring messages written to myself; some are from signature lines here that struck a chord with me, others are my own words, and still others are from other sources. Each post on our chat thread I'll try to sign off with a message. Here's the first:

Your goal minus your doubts equals your reality.

Keep up the great work, Blue Team! :cheer3:

Bigmid
06-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Hi everyone I just got back from visiting a friend in the hospital there not sure what's wrong yet but I sure hope that she is going to be okay.

I was off work today so that was awesome, got my laundry done and did an elliptical workout. I also did 15 push ups everytime I had to pee today.....and trust me I'm always running up those stairs:)

I have to be very good this month as it is my neices grad on the 27th and I hate any clothes that touch my stomach....and the shirt I bought does just that. So must stay focused.

I've read all the posts just haven't caught up on the personals, it sounds like everyone who has had a slip or two has learned from it and are now moving on so that's awesome.

Well off to bed now have a great night everyone.

QuillysQuest
06-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Brizza - Good job! Don't ya just love it when you can resist a temptation you never resisted before? It's like you feel a whole new sense of empowerment and faith in yourself, isn't it? :)

Matilda - That sounds like an awesome workout! Way to go with the stamina, girl! I'm looking forward to the weigh in this week too! We can TOTALLY do this!! :)

Dora - We've all been there with those oh so discouraging set backs and stalls that make you feel like all your hard work has been for nothing. But it hasn't! Look at how you bounced back from the old behaviors so quickly! It seems like you were able to catch yourself before letting it go too far, and that's a MAJOR triumph that you should celebrate! Not just because you had the strength and will to get back on track with what you wanted, but because by being able to get back on track more easily, you can tell that it's a long term life style change that's happening, not just short sporadic dieting, ya know? Keep with it girl, we're all here cheering you on!

Driven - I'm glad to hear you are back on track! Congrats!

Beck - OMG! That's so great that you are so close to a goal and so far ahead of schedule for it! Yay!!!! That's awesome! :) Here's hoping you get to Onederland by the end of next month!! … That weather sounds absolutely bizarre, I'm glad that no one close to you was hurt by it, that has got to be crazy scary!
I love your idea of ending your posts with inspiring quotes! I love reading those, they always make me smile. Thanks!

As for myself, I'm doing pretty well so far. I have once again completely forgotten to track my food. I'm always so bad at that! I am trying to get better at it, but to be honest, I have a hard time making it a priority in my life for some reason. But my exercise is right on track!

When I was a part of the BL challenge many moons ago, there was an exercise challenge thread that I absolutely LOVED. It was a thread where everybody put up their goals of how many minutes of exercise they wanted to do for the month, and then worked to meet those goals. I made a post a few weeks ago asking if anybody wanted to join me in doing that again, but I got no responses to it. I think I may have put it in the wrong thread or something, not sure. But anyway, since nobody else was interested, I decided to do it on my own anyway.

I've set a goal of 2400 minutes of exercise for the month. It's a pretty high goal, it breaks down to 80 minutes a day, but I wanted something that would be a real challenge for me. I'm really psyched about it because it was so much fun to do it last time. :)

Keep up the great work Blue team!!! You ROCK!!

Amberelise
06-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Quilly - I never saw your post, but I'd be happy to do a goal. I think I was just under 2200 minutes last month, so I think I'd like to shoot for 2800 minutes this month. That will require me to do above and beyond P90X. Hopefully it will drive me to do some rollerblading! :)

So, yesterday was a very on plan day again. That's two days in a row. I'm heading in the right direction. :) I did my kickboxing video this morning and will do some stretching tonight. I peeked at the scale this morning and it said 147.5. I'm *really* hoping for 146.5 tomorrow morning, but I won't hold my breath. I had an awful weekend and a week without a loss is not the end of the world, right?

Laura G
06-02-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm having a great week! Staying OP and got some interval training in yesterday! I pushed myself harder than ever, and got better results than ever! Go figure - exercise takes effort!
Weigh in tomorrow - I can't wait to post the numbers!
Hope everyone is doing well and having a great OP day!
Let's go Blue Team!:grouphug::cheer3:

lbsaway
06-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone!! Hoping to post a good number for the WI...I've been doing really good with my eating and exercising. Today I went for a 2+ hour hike it was awesome.

Beck- I love your inspirational quote..I may need to steal it!

Laura G- way to go on pushing yourself harder than ever...it always feels satisfying when we do that!

Hope everyone is continuing to have a great week.

GO BLUES!!!! :cheer3:

Matilda08
06-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Beck I am not to far from you I would love to make onderland asap lol if you dont mind what kind of plan do you follow?

I really wamt to get the next 25 lbs gone during this challenge, I plan to check in each day just to keep me motivated and focused. The hardest part for me is diet......lol Im sure it probably is for us all:)

Quilly- thanks and to be honest if you guys really want we can post about our workouts and all right here heck I think it would keep us motivated and also give us ideas on what others are doing plus we wont have to go to a different thread :)

LETS GO BLUE TEAM!

Bigmid
06-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Morning all,

Well the sun is shining and guess who gets to go to work in an hour.....that's right me:( Mind you at least I do have work so I should be very thankful. It would just be nice to take the summer off:) or at least a week or two.

Well I just started to set up our WI worksheet, I had to change 4 weights as you didn't use your sign up starting weights. Please do not go back and change these. We are also missing 9 people from the WI thread. If you could sign up ASAP that would be great so it cuts my workload down on Sunday. Thanks everyone.

Now to catch up with you all:

Sandlll - I hope you had a great time on vacation.....I'm always affraid to step on the scale afterwards too. How did it go?

DrivenByAmbition - don't feel terrible by a cheat day also with WW you can build those into your week, you'll get the hang of it. I always built in a cheat day....still do.

PageLynn - is it still silent on the ex front....I sure hope so for your sake. How goes the juggling of men....lol I wish I had that problem:)

brizza - We all need to banish guilt from our lives.....I'm one to talk I am riddled with it too when I cheat. But we need to stop feeling guilty as long as we get right back on track. As long as we can plan a cheat (treat day) and stick to the one all should be good. Full fat foods always taste delicious:) it's too bad they have to taste so darn good. WTG on the watermelon.

CourtneyDaisey - Thanks for popping over I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day.

dream710 - It's funny how we can go day to day and forget about how far we have actually come. Maybe I should go look at some past pictures as I haven't change in a year but the year before was a change. Look at how far you have come it's awesome the changes you have made and are still making. You rock!!!! Ya for less stressful days:)

Beck - Yard work is a very good workout, did you win the battle of the weeds:) I have the JM 30 day shred and it's good I just couldn't finish it as I couldn't stand to listen to her anymore. Did you order that dress? Wow already at your July goal.....that's awesome. I hope you were safe during the storms....it's been such a crazy year for weather everywhere.

bnhtla06 - How was your vacation?

QuillysQuest - mmmmmmmmmmmmm I love PBJ sandwiches:) and if you didn't use half the jar of PB and only had the handful of chips you should still be okay. That's great that you found the bike.....what are the odds of that happening. Awesome treadmill accomplishement....be proud of yourself that's great. Where are you for GMT I'm in Calgary Canada and we are on DMT so cut off would be 8pm my time. I sent you a PM about the challenges.

lad143 - did you get tickets to grad yet? How did court go? Stress is horrible for eating more. I hope things work out for the better and soon.

myhaloisintheshop - I hope your brother and his family are all okay. I'm sorry about the flooding that's a lot of work to have to clean up from. I really hope you enjoy your weekend away.....you deserve it.

Amberelise - Weekends always seem bad for food choices for some reason. I wouldn't get down about your P90X results because you know they are happening. Yes when we add up every little calorie isn't it amazing how fast they total up. I think as long as we learn something it's all worth the effort of trying. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Olive Garden salad and breadsticks:) WTG on the calories and getting your exercise in so early. I haven't read your forum yet but I will. A week without a loss is not the end of the world as you know that you have been OP and exercising. Just remember that fact:)

lbsaway - WooHoo for being back on track, I wish I could get back in the 160's:) I hope they are behind you soon. Wow a 2hr hike WTG

Matilda - WTG on the 2lbs:) Wow hardcore 2 hr gym night.....good for you.. WTG for being on plan and looking forward to WI

Narnia - What's up with the weekends......maybe it should be a weekday for all of us all of the time....without having to work 7 days of course:) I'm glad you are healing from your eye surgery. Yeah workout done!!! starting is always the hardest part once your doing it it's not so bad....I guess I should go do mine:)

Laura G - Your so right about the guilt. Glad to hear that your new plan is working so well and to be excited about posting your WI.....awesome!!! WTG on the whole week of eating OP....WooHoo!!!

CaitLA - WTG on meeting your May goal (did you lose that 20 in the month?) Glad you rewarded yourself with a new outfit. Hope you had a good hike.

Kelsey - I hope your stomache is feeling better, good job on not overdoing the BBQ:)

Dora - I hope you had a great weekend away, don't get discouraged about not seeing results the changes are happening even if your not seeing them all yet. Keep on doing the BFL it's a great workout and changes are taking place. I hope your arm is getting better and don't worry even by just doing lower body exercise it is still helping overall.

Well better get ready for work.....have a great OP day everyone.

Laura G
06-02-2011, 02:39 PM
We are also missing 9 people from the WI thread. If you could sign up ASAP that would be great so it cuts my workload down on Sunday. Thanks everyone.

Am I one of the nine and how do I check or sign up if yes? I'm new to this challenge, and I'm still having heart palpitations about missing something!

KayakGal
06-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi Everyone! I am doing well so far this week. My hardest days will be the ones that I don't work. And the wedding I am going to on Saturday. I hope everyone else is on track.

abetterme
06-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey everyone!
Well, the inlaws just left. So now Im just getting our apartment re-organized and making some coffee!
The past few days, I feel, have not been too great as far as eating right. The whole going to eat BBQ, even though I didn't over eat, wasn't too great for weight loss. I made the mistake of weighing myself the next day, and it came out to 174.0 My starting weight was 171. Right after first WI, I was weak when it came to too many sweets, so I gained a couple of pounds right there. Now I am really struggling with getting them off. My weight keeps bouncing up and down. Maybe it was the salt in the BBQ?
Yesterday the inlaws brought over deli meat and little rolls and I had two with a very small scoop of potato salad. I know potato salad is pretty bad so I made sure it was just a small scoop. For dinner I had three tacos. What is wrong with me? They bought us a huge bulk bag of peanut M&M's. They aren't even appealing to me today, thank goodness. I did have some yesterday. :( I feel horrible from my week you guys! I am more determined then ever to not eat like the again!
Tomorrow my daughter and I are going down to Oregon to visit my parents, and the inlaws, again, since they live right next to eachother. I am so excited to use my mom's elliptical. I only have DVDs to work with now. The last challenge I lost most of my weight with the elliptical. I can't wait!
Oh yeah, a quick question. I am doing BL Cardio Max workout and they use weights. I am using 8 lb weight. How often does building muscle in your arms make the scale go up? It does sometime make it harder to lose actual lbs on the scale, right? Just curious if it's just my eating making me gain, or a combo of weights and eating poorly lol

KayakGal
06-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Kelsey it is probably water weight caused by the sodium in the BBQ and deli meat. It happened to me over the weekend when I ate sukiyaki. I should not be allowed near the soy sauce. Enjoy your trip.

Laura G
06-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Kelsey - muscle weighs more than fat, but it burns more calories at rest -it`s a trade off. For now, flush your system with plenty of water, and keep on exercising. You know what choices you made, but it`s over. Start fresh and keep going in the right direction. Always put yourself first when it comes to your health and eating habits - don`t eat to please others or because the situation is one where eating is expected. Keep your goals in mind, and remember you are worth the effort you put into yourself. :hug:

This advice and reminder goes for all of us Blue teamers!

abetterme
06-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Kayakgal and Laura, thank you for your input! And thanks for the reminder Laura that we are all worth it!

Soon2BFitChick
06-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Just stopping to say hiya, weighed in early because going to New Braunfels this weekend to float down the river in tubes.. fun! Hope yall have a great weekend too...hugs.

Selina :hug:

:cb:
:broc:
:carrot:

bnhtla06
06-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Just finished on the treadmill and it felt so good! I switched up my jogging (well, I call it jogging but it's more like shuffling) by doing short intervals of sprinting. Kicked my butt, but it was kind of fun and a nice change from the steaday-pace boredom.

Somni
06-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi Bluesers!

We've had a family member staying with us this week so I haven't done as much board trolling as I usually seem to do. :) We've had some beautiful weather here during the week so, while not much gym time, I have been playing outside when possible. Lots of eating out too, I've just been trying to make good choices and track as accurately as possible.

Hope everyone is having a great week and has fun plans for the weekend.

myhaloisintheshop
06-03-2011, 10:40 AM
We are heading to Branson for the weekend. Its my first mini vacation since starting my diet. Hoping this goes well!

Bigmid
06-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Morning all it's a super quick fly by post this morning. Having my coffee, then dry my hair and off to work.

Laura G - nope your good and all signed up in the WI thread

Talk to you all later

Amberelise
06-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Good morning ladies. Friday morning is my official weigh in day, so I came in at 147. That's a 1.5 lb. weight loss for us. I would've liked it to be more since I posted my starting weight 2 weeks ago, but it is what it is. I only have 12 lbs. to lose until I hit goal, so I suspect they will be very, very stubborn. (And, I ate like crud last weekend.)

The good news is, the past three days have been solid with my eating. I also have been getting all of my workouts in. I still want to fit more cardio into my schedule. Hopefully I can do that this weekend with the nice weather!

Matilda08
06-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Happy Friday team!!

Laura G
06-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Good Morning Blue Team!
Today is my official wi and I lost 6 lbs! :woohoo: It was 8 earlier, but I think TOM is coming to visit.... oh well, big numbers for next week!

Congrat Amber on your 1.5! We are going to kick red team heiney! :cheer3:

Narnia99
06-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Good afternoon :)
It sounds like everyone has been doing really well this week :cheer3:
I am so happy that I have gotten back on track. I am sleeping better, I have more energy and I am enjoying eating healthy and exercising again. Now I just have to keep it up!

Laura - 6 lbs :woohoo: Congratulations!

Amberelise - 1.5 lbs is awesome! You are so so close to your goal!!

hnhtla06 - Great job with the sprinting intervals.

Beck - you are well ahead of your July 17th goal, way to go!

Quilly - I didn't see your other post about the exercise goal, but I would love to join in. I'll have to think about how many minutes I want to try to achieve, although I know it will be nowhere near 2200 - that's impressive!

To everyone going on vacation, I hope you have a wonderful time.

mumtoliam
06-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Hi everyone! This is my first check in this week... Work is sooo busy. I am an assistant principal and not only am I report writing for my own class, I am supervising 4 other classes reports. My principal has had to take her extended leave earlier than anticipated and I am still picking up the slack due to her absense. One piece of good news the relieving prinicpal started Thursday... so I will have my load lighten in the coming weeks. He is relieving until October.

I still have the flu - six weeks this week!!!! It is getting better, but my nose is still blocked. This makes it difficult exercising and I have yet to resume my previous good habits in exercising.

So to help me get back on track... I will be scheduling exercise into my week this week. I have planned my evening meals and shopping for a successful eating week. And I will reward myself next Sunday with a much needed pedicure if I track every day. I will also try and be more accountable to this group by checking in once every other day.

QuillysQuest
06-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Amberelise - I sent a pm to Bigmid and she said that she'd like to do the exercise challenge, but wants to wait until after the first weigh in to start with those posts, so hopefully we'll be able to do that soon! :) Btw, way to go with staying on plan! :) … And CONGRATS on your 1.5 lbs! :carrot:That's great! That last bit might be stubborn, but you seem to be on the right track with it!

Laura_G - Yay! Glad you were able to push yourself even further than you have before! So awesome when you discover you can surpass your own expectations! … And thanks for the reminder that we are all worth putting ourselves first! That is more important than a lot of people realize I think! … And OMG WOW!!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: 6 lbs!! That's amazing!!! Keep up the great work!

Lbsaway - Wow, a 2 hour hike! That sounds so fun!

Matilda - Hehehe That might get to be a very spammy thread, I think! :) But, if we do an exercise challenge thread like I was talking about with Amberelise (above in this post) and Bigmid, then maybe you could put your workout details in that one as motivation for everybody.

Bigmid - I'm in GMT -1 … I had never heard of any of these strange new time zone abbreviations (why is the word abbreviation so long? :P) before I started this BL challenge! Lol I'll have to look up what DMT means now. Lol :) I got your pm, I'll respond when I'm done with this post.

KayakGal - I'm glad to hear you're doing well so far. Stay strong during those days girl! Try keeping yourself as active as possible so ya don't end up sitting somewhere and eating in front of the tv just because it's your day off. Lol I think we've all been there, done that! Lol :) Don't worry yourself too much about the wedding food, maybe focus on portion control more than anything else so you can relax and enjoy yourself without too much deviation from your goals.

Kelsey21 - Holiday weekends can be a challenge for everybody who is trying to live healthier. I'm sorry you saw a gain afterwards, but don't forget to not beat yourself up about it. It's just a minor hiccup, one you know you can and will avoid in the future whenever you see it coming. It has no more significance than that. It's great that you'll be able to get on your mom's elliptical again!! Go girl! Go! :)

Soon2BFitChick - That sounds like so much fun!!! Have a great time and be safe!

Bnthla06 - Woo! It's great that you challenge yourself a bit from time to time so you know exactly how much you are actually capable of doing!

Myhalosintheshop - Btw, I LOVE your screen name! lol Branson sounds like fun! I hope you have a great time!

Narnia - I'm glad to hear things are starting to go well for you again, I hope it stays that way for a good long while now! I have talked to Bigmid about the challenge and I'm going to make a post about it as soon as I get a chance. Not everybody is going to have the same free time for working out as everyone else, so don't worry about how much you can do. When we did this the first time, I think my goal for the month was something like 700 minutes. It took me two months before I increased the goal to 800 and went on from there. Its all about what you can do, ya know? :)

Mumtoliam - Wow, six weeks of the flu AND all that added responsibility at work? That's rough! Sending some happy, healing, stress free thoughts and energy in your direction. I hope the relieving principle starting will give you a much needed break and you'll be able to get well quickly and get back on track with all your goals. Keep us posted! We want to hear from you every other day now, like you've said! We'll be looking for your posts!

Wow, lots of personals! … As for me things are going pretty well. I'm a bit disappointed that TOM happened to fall during the first weigh in. When I got on the scale this morning and saw that I'd only lost .4 kg, after such a great week with exercise and eating, but then I remembered the TOM and when I went to enter my first weigh-in weight I realized that I've actually lost 2 lbs! And I'm damn happy about that 2 lbs! :) :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Also, I got to see the little "Congratulations on hitting your goal!" thing on Wii fit for the second time ever in the 2 years I've owned it! Hehehehe Small victories! :)

GO BLUE!!!

QuillysQuest
06-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Hello all!!

I have talked to Bigmid and she talked to Shan84, the leader of the red team about adding a challenge thread for this BL challenge. I have volunteered to start the challenge, but I wanted to get some opinions from you guys first. I have two different ideas that I got from a couple years ago when I did the BL challenge and I'd like to revive at least one of them here in our BL challenge. So, whichever receives the most votes will be started in a BL thread for both teams, and the other challenge I'll probably start in another part of the forum somewhere.

Idea 1: We each set an exercise goal in minutes, stating how many minutes of exercise we intend to do in the month. This can be any exercise at all, it doesn't have to be working out, it can be gardening, cleaning, whatever gets you up and moving, all forms of movement can be included. Then we update our progress in the thread like we do with our weigh-ins by editing our posts. This way we keep ourselves accountable and we have some extra motivation to get up and move!

Idea 2: We do a weekly challenge thread where we all come up with challenges for each other to do that week. Like I would post something like: 20 squats and 10 second wall sits. And the next person would post something like: "I'll take that challenge! And I challenge 100 step ups with alternating legs!" And then everybody picks which challenges they want to accept and posts about how they did with the challenge, and maybe adds a challenge of their own.

I want to do the challenge that most people would find the most inspiring and helpful for themselves, so I'd really like your opinions before I start it. I think this thread might be closed soon, as it is the end of the week, so if you'd like to pm me with your vote on which challenge thread you'd rather have, I'll wait until Wednesday to start off the challenge thread. :)

I look forward to hearing from you guys!

/hugs around
Quilly

dream710
06-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Good luck everyone on the weigh in!

CourtneyDaisey
06-04-2011, 09:04 PM
ATTENTION BLUE TEAM!!!

I made you something, if you're interested. Feel free to take it and use it in your signature if you like. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/christianlady1978/3fcbl2011blue.jpg

The link is:

Bigmid
06-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone sorry I missed posting yesterday. Busy day at work then Nancy came over and we went for an hour walk then pocked up supper and booked exercises classes.

This morning I weighed in heavier than yesterday and it has me so totally depressed I haven't even got out of bed yet. I'm really at a loss as to what I need to change. I'm eating at least a 1000 calories less than I'm burning and still a gain:(.

I'm off to help a friend decorate a cake today so I won't be back til late

Please remember to WI by 10pm AST.

Bigmid
06-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks Courtney for making these up for all of us.

ATTENTION BLUE TEAM!!!

I made you something, if you're interested. Feel free to take it and use it in your signature if you like. :)

The link is:

abetterme
06-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone sorry I missed posting yesterday. Busy day at work then Nancy came over and we went for an hour walk then pocked up supper and booked exercises classes.

This morning I weighed in heavier than yesterday and it has me so totally depressed I haven't even got out of bed yet. I'm really at a loss as to what I need to change. I'm eating at least a 1000 calories less than I'm burning and still a gain:(.

I'm off to help a friend decorate a cake today so I won't be back til late

Please remember to WI by 10pm AST.

I gained too. Don't worry next week will be a loss!

NancyO
06-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Hey Blue Team, This is my first time posting since I'm still getting back into the groove after being away on vacation for 2 weeks, but I'll be around more next week. Sorry I posted a gain, but at least I lost 1/2 of the 7lbs I gained while I was away! Hopefully back to my starting weight by next week!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

abetterme
06-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Well I had a gain today. I gained two lbs since yesterday. I know it's all water weight since I ate right, it was very hot yesterday and I feel puffy. I'm getting more water in now and I just burned 500 calories on my moms elliptical!
So today I'm going home from my parents and it's back to my workout DVDs!

Beck
06-05-2011, 02:26 PM
First weigh-in showed a 7lb loss from my starting weight! :carrot:

Good luck, team, with the weigh in.

abetterme
06-05-2011, 02:36 PM
First weigh-in showed a 7lb loss from my starting weight! :carrot:

Good luck, team, with the weigh in.

I saw that! Congrats! That's an awesome achievement!

DrivenByAmbition
06-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Courtney, that's an awesome picture! Thanks!

Bigmid
06-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Hi all sorry I'm still not home yet and I still need to go visit a friend in the hospital. So I will be late doing totals and adding next weeks threads.

You have 55 min left to post then it's cut off. I will be watching the post time so if it's later than that I will edit for a freebie.

Awesome first week everyone.