Mini-Goals - 30 lbs in 3 months

View Full Version : 30 lbs in 3 months

kaycaroline
05-29-2011, 06:13 PM
My summer goal. Right now, I weigh 220 but the end of summer I want to be 190. With my height, weighing 190 means I will no longer be obese, simply overweight according to my BMI. Not an outrageous goal, I know but it is what I plan to do. I'll post pictures and keep you guys updated. Thanks for the support. :)

High Heels
05-29-2011, 07:49 PM
I have the same goal - lose 30 lbs by end of August. Not going to be easy, but ready and eager for the change. Let me know if you'd like an accountability buddy...

Good luck!

fatferretfanatic
05-29-2011, 08:46 PM
I just did exactly that officially today. It is possible. Though, I was a lot more overweight than you. In any case, after three months, I am sure you'll be pleased that your hard work paid off. You can do this, both of you!

kaycaroline
05-30-2011, 01:51 PM
I just did exactly that officially today. It is possible. Though, I was a lot more overweight than you. In any case, after three months, I am sure you'll be pleased that your hard work paid off. You can do this, both of you!
That really makes me feel like this is gonna work. I'm actually excited to do this and see my progress, it's gonna be great, thanks for your encouragement.

I have the same goal - lose 30 lbs by end of August. Not going to be easy, but ready and eager for the change. Let me know if you'd like an accountability buddy...

Good luck!
Good luck to you to! I hope you get to your goal and then we can celebrate together. :carrot:
We can both keep each other accountable and hopefully reach our goals.

Well, this morning I was at 222, in about a week I'll update and I'll try to find the time to take a current pic of myself.
Thanks again you guys. Keep up the good work and thanks for all the support.

PBmama
05-30-2011, 11:45 PM
You can do it! :) Last year I was starting to lose weight for the first time. I wasn't quite sure I could do it. I worked really hard, tracked my calories, and went to the gym to do whatever it was I could do. I lost 40lbs in 3 months! I KNOW you can do it! If I can do it so can you!!!! Just keep it up and you will reach your big goal too! I slacked off and in 8 months I am back where I started! LOL So now I have to do it all over again.

Good Luck!!! I know you will do great! :carrot:

faith65
05-30-2011, 11:49 PM
that would be wonderful to loose 30 pounds

PBmama
05-30-2011, 11:56 PM
that would be wonderful to loose 30 pounds

Hey Faith! It IS a wonderful feeling! I know that you can do it too if you just put your mind to it! I started out last year at 270. I never thought I would be able to lose the weight. When I started watching the numbers go down....specially after each 10lbs....its an amazing feeling! :carrot:

Crow
06-01-2011, 07:21 AM
You can do this!

I can hear the determination in your posts -- I'm looking forward to those updates and watching those pounds slide away.

jessica2231
06-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Good luck! you can do it!

kaycaroline
06-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Thank you guys for all your encouragement. It truly means the world to me. I've decided that Saturday mornings will be my weigh in day. I'm a bit disappointed in myself but I'm going to be honest. The scale this morning read 223 a pound more than last time. It's the end of the year and at the dorms we've been going out to eat for the last time and there was a pizza party. It's an excuse I know but this week was more difficult than the last ones. I'm not giving up, this is just a little set back. Look forward to a more encouraging post next week. Thank you all so much again. :)

ballerina454
06-06-2011, 04:01 PM
I would love to lose 30-36 pounds by the end of August! I really think we can all do this :)

kaycaroline
06-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Weighed in this morning, 222, no change, let's hope for better next week.

sunlover
06-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Way to look at things...just a minor set back. Get up brush yourself off and get back to doing what you know works! We all have bad days/weeks. The thing is to just get over it and move on!! ;)

kaycaroline
06-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Way to look at things...just a minor set back. Get up brush yourself off and get back to doing what you know works! We all have bad days/weeks. The thing is to just get over it and move on!! ;)

Aw, thank you so much. I'm not so much disappointing in myself (I am a bit) I'm just a bit sad that I'm not setting an encouraging example for others. I want this to be like "Look at how well I'm doing, you can do it too!" I am confident, I know I can do this, there is no doubt in my mind. : ) We all do have good days and weeks and what not and real life does interfere at times. I do know this can happen for me and everyone out there looking to lose weight.
I did weight myself this morning, 219. (I'm not making that up, this past week was "my time of the month" so of course after that I'm going to weigh less) So yeah, it can and will happen. Thank you guys for the encouragement.

kaycaroline
06-18-2011, 01:18 PM
216 - Thank you all once again for your support.

sunlover
06-18-2011, 01:29 PM
You are doing great! I want to be an example for others too. I want to show people that it can be done no matter how many times you have failed before. I have so many friends who think that having 'the surgery' is the only way to go. And most of them that have had it feel terrible and throw up constantly. I just do not want to live like that! I want to be living proof that all it takes is dedication and perserverance! Anyone can do it if they REALLY want to . It is just a question of how bad do you want it. It is definitely a sacrifice sometimes. Sometimes I do feel like I miss out on some things. Today for instance I have to take my kids to a birthday pizza party. I know when I get there I am not going to be able to have any pizza, ice cream or cake, but I can resist them! It is all really just a mind game for me. Of course I could just take the toppings off the pizza and eat those, but I would not do that in front of people because Im sure they would see that as a waste of food! Although I have done it at home when I paid for the pizza myself. ;) I am so proud of myself right now! It just amazes me that I have actually stuck with something for this long and its working! And it hasnt really been that long or hard! Finally people are starting to notice and it feels so great. I look at my ticker and see how far I have come already and that I dont really have that much further to go! It is so exciting. I think that is what keeps me motivated! I cant mess up all my hard work!

kaycaroline
06-30-2011, 10:33 AM
The results are in -
This month I wanted to lose close to ten pounds. I made it to five. I was 222 at the beginning of the month. It's now the end and I'm 217. About half way through the month I decided to actually go on a "weight loss program" I started intermittent fasting and it brought me questionable success. Just this past week I've added exercise in the form of DDR to my program. I didn't make it to my goal and I'm not going to punish myself for that. I'm not going to try to make up for the weight I didn't lose this month in the coming months. I didn't lose ten pounds this month, I'm going to try to next month. Right now I weight 217, five pounds less than I used to and at the end of July I wanna weigh 207. Every month is a fresh start. Maybe I won't lose 30 lbs in 3 months but I can try to make it to 25 : ) Thank you all for your encouragement and wish me luck.

kaycaroline
06-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Oh and Sunlover, thank you so much for your kind works and advice. It means a lot : )

linJber
06-30-2011, 02:28 PM
You can do this! You've set realistic goals and I know you can meet them. Don't ever give up on yourself and don't feel guilty. A person who just keeps on after a setback is a great example to others. Your beginning weight and goal weight are close to mine. If I can do this, so can you. I'm 60 and have been overweight probably longer than you've been alive (judging from your comments about the dorm and pizza parties).

Your best move was to actually come up with an eating plan. Try cutting calories and carbs and loading up with veggies and fruits of all colors. Try adding exercise every day.

Just keep on going. You'll make it. You have a great attitude and won't let a minor glitch stop you. Every single day is a new chance to succeed.

Lin

linJber
06-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Sunlover - I know how you feel when you say you feel like you are missing out on things. But I've come to a great realization recently. Passing up something you used to eat doesn't mean you are missing out! It took a while for this to hit home. Let me tell you when I woke up to this. I go camping for 4 days at the end of May with 7 other women. (Our motto - No kids, No husbands, No pets.) We've been doing this since 1987. It is a 4 day junk food fest. I didn't know how I'd get through it unscathed this year. I took my scale - yes, took the scale camping! I got teased. I was careful. I passed on things I would have eaten in the past (total junk food here) and it was OK. I sat by the fire and had fun. I played cards (and lost) and had fun. I went for hikes and had fun. I lost 1.5 pounds over the 4 days and 3 pounds for the week. I have decided that I DIDN'T miss out on anything! I proved that I could stick to a sensible eating plan in the toughest situation that I might come up against! It was the best learning experience I could have possible had during this weight loss journey.

I know you don't really feel like you're suffering. But it sure helps to realize it isn't all about the food we eat - it's about the company we keep!

Keep up your good work.

Lin

kaycaroline
07-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Lin - Thank you so much! This month is a new start and I'll really keep pushing toward my goal. Both you and I can meet our goals. Let's do this together : )

This month I've decided to try a different approach. Intermittent fasting worked for me. It was simple to stick to but my body didn't respond very well. Weighing myself this morning I realized I haven't lost weight in 3 weeks. I've decided to switch to counting calories instead. That's worked for me in the past and I think it's worth a try again.

Also, I didn't forget, I promised pictures and I won't disappoint. At the end of the summer I'll post a picture before and after. Thank you all so much! Keep up the good work everyone!

linJber
07-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Kaycaroline - Great plan, IMHO, cutting calories. It's intuitive and you don't have to go hungry with all the veggies you can eat! That's pretty much what I do, and I've cut way back on pasta, rice, and potatoes. I no longer crave them and sweets cravings are way down, too!

Let's do this!

Lin