Old 05-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #1  

Default Ip Protein Packet Substitutions??

Now that I've met my goal and am on maintenance/stabilization, I'm wondering if there is something that can be substituted for the Ideal Protein packets which can be bought at the store for a considerable less amount than the IP packets. I think I remember reading something about substitutions in this forum when I first started IP a year ago but, unfortunately, didn't make note of it.

Any input is appreciated.
Smarbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192.2/170/150

Height: 5'3''

Read the alternative thread. There is a spreadsheet comparing IP products to storebought items. I buy Proti products to use as substitutes
angelonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #3  

Thanks, but can you give me more info re which page or poster or something to get me to the spreadsheet? I'm now on page 6 and have spent at least a couple of hours and I don't have days to go through all 30-some pages!!! ;-)
Smarbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

This is the IP board. At the top of this page you will see a thread about alternative products. I hope this helps!
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #5  

Default Protein pancakes

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and have been on IP for 4 weeks now. The food is getting pretty expensive for me so, I've been searching the net for healthy "homemade" alternatives. I've been doing an egg white/whey protein powder pancake in the morning. It's lower in carbs, sugar than the IP pancakes and has more protein. You just take a few Tablespoons of egg whites and a half scoop of flavored protein powder. Cook it just like a normal pancake. It's yummy and WAAAAAAAAY cheaper.

Does anyone else have any other "homemade" sub IP recipes?
lizzyloo is offline   Reply With Quote