Chicks up for a Challenge - Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp #6

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp #6

JayTee
05-28-2011, 11:04 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/8611211/2/istockphoto_8611211-drill-sergeant.jpg

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 56 lbs./25%, and have assembled a platoon, a group determined to give 110% every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," this is your life we're talking about!

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

:drill:
Sarge

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

JayTee
05-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Rolling over last weeks pledge board...

Pledges (Week 5/22-5/29)

Sarge = 1 & Booze Free til Friday /// (-2) & Made Booze Free!
Reso = 2
Peanutt= 1.5
Chesh = 1
K3 = 1
VickieL= 2
Kendrab = 2.3 & Cheat free at kindergarten /// Cheat Free &
Chickadee = 2
Bnhtla = 2
Celrae = 4
Gooey = 1
Pokey = 1 & Booze Free til Friday
Sizzlin = 1
Tmil = 2
DCap = (5 days exercise/clean eating/getting on a scale Saturday)
Kneed = 1
Dreamer = 1
LucyF = 1

Maintainers
Yoyo = Pledge to keep trekking America!

Primm = 1.5
Girlfrom = 2 & ONLY 1 Boozey night! /// (-7) & Met commitment of only 1 Boozey nite!
Mcsr = 1.5 (and that's after having just lost 7.2 last week!!!!)
DeeBee = 2
BrianB = Binge free week

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL = 33.8

PLEDGES 5/29-6/4

Sarge = Gain less than 10!
DCap = 2
Rainbow = Pledge to entertain us this week!

5,048 (310.26) MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA: Sarge (116.33), Pokey (14.5), Kneed (13.7), Celrae (15), K3 (15), Kendrab (9), Chickadee (8.6), Reso (64.4), Cheshire (15.5), MadamB (48.2), Yoyo (14), Sizzlin (18), Primm (1.7), Peanutt (10), Bnhtla (9), Tmil

BL Summer Challengers
Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, Courtney, Sizzlin, Girlfrom
Blue Team: Bnhtla, Primm, Tmil

Chesh -- 8K / May 28th
Peanutt -- 5K / May 29th, 6/26, & 10K in September!
Pokey -- 5K / July 4th
Madam B -- Warrior Dash / 7/23
Kneed -- Warrior Dash / 6/18
Tmil -- Warrior Dash / October

JayTee
05-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Good luck platoon! Hopefully one or more of you will step up to be Surrogate Sarge in my absence! Be back on Thursday!

pokeycactus
05-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Bye Sarge!!! Have so much fun!!!!!!!

Just doing a quickie (:lol: MadamB..... ;))

Actually am sticking to my calorie balance even with Sistah here! I've been drinking Bud 55's which are surprisingly not bad. We spent the day floating the Salt River (Arizona's Beach Party wooooo! :)) and now looking deeply tanned and am super happy.

I hope you're all having a great evening. Good luck with your race tomorrow, Peanutt!!!!!!

peanutt
05-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Sarge, you're going to have a great trip! Have a yard long margarita for me!

MadamButterfly
05-29-2011, 01:13 AM
BYE SARGE: I'LL TRY TO BEHAVE :devil:
BUT NO PROMISES ;) Oh and a quick :hug:

Chickadee: :hug: hope you relax and enjoy that wine, we all have to have a breather once in a while!!

Rainbow; SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY TO SEE YOU POSTING, I'VE MISSED YOU!!!!! LOVE ALL YOUR SONGS !!!! I ALWAYS KNOW EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE FINE WHEN I SEE YOUR SMILING FACE!!

tmil: :woohoo: Week 1 may have seemed hard, but in a couple weeks, do one day of week 1 and it will seem SOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY . . . I start Week 6 tomorrow and I'm never sure if I'm going to make it . . . <sigh>

Peanut . . . you inspire me everytime I see you running . . . I want it soooooooo BAD!!!

Pokey . . . quickies, again . . . I guess you needed to burn a few extra calories . . . :lol3: when do you start your double workouts????

Dreamer: Finals, UGH!! . . . hang in there, they'll be over soon!!!

Cheshire: My old neighbor that runs uses some kind of program on line for her running workouts. I think you can put in the length and date of the race and it will create a "running schedule" for you . . . Not 100% sure how it works, but she used it to get a training schedule for a marathon . . . I'll try to call her tomorrow to get the website.

Oh and SARGE, I don't like soft, limp zucchini . . . I like them FIRM and BIG!!! LOLOLOLOLOL . . . OMG I am sooooooooooooooo BAD :devil: :rofl:

NIGHT EVERYONE: C25K, Week 6, day 1 . . . I CAN DO IT!!!

pokeycactus
05-29-2011, 01:42 AM
MadamB! Lovin' the zucchini jokes, you make me laugh soooooo hard! :rofl: I start my crazy workouts on Tuesday with my first boxing class. I'm really excited and a little nervous...I wouldn't be doing it without you!

JayTee
05-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Nothing like a long good bye! lol

Sarge = -2 / Pledge to gain less than 10 / 62.67 miles trekked this week

toodles

MadamButterfly
05-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Mornin all

Trekked: 58.3
Lost: -2.2 pounds
Pledge: 1 pound

HAVE FUN SARGE, DRINK A MARGARITA OR TWO FOR ME!!!!

MadamButterfly
05-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Ok, I'm gonna try to update this for SARGE, I'm pretty low tech but I'll see what I can do . . I'll also try to keep track of trekked miles . . .

Wait, I need a calculator . . . LOLOLOLOL

Pledges (Week 5/22-5/29)

Reso = 2 /// -3 OUT OF OBESITY !!!! :balloons:
Peanutt= 1.5 /// -4.2 :woohoo:
Chesh = 1 /// + ?? Oooops
K3 = 1 /// ???
VickieL= 2
Kendrab = 2.3 & Cheat free at kindergarten /// Cheat Free & -3.4
Chickadee = 2 /// -1.8
Bnhtla = 2 /// -0.5 (Different scale)
Celrae = 4 /// -4.2
Gooey = 1 /// -2.2
Pokey = 1 & Booze Free til Friday /// -0
Sizzlin = 1
Tmil = 2
DCap = (5 days exercise/clean eating/getting on a scale Saturday)
Kneed = 1 /// -1.5
Dreamer = 1
LucyF = 1

Maintainers
Yoyo = Pledge to keep trekking America! //Still maintaining & Trekking

Primm = 1.5
Girlfrom = 2 & ONLY 1 Boozey night! /// (-7) & Met commitment of only 1 Boozey nite!
DeeBee = 2
BrianB = Binge free week

Total of those checking in 29.8

PLEDGES 5/29-6/4

DCap = 2
MadamGoo: 1
Cheshire: 1
Peanut: 1.5
Pokey: 1 and Booze free til Friday!!!
Reso: 3
bnhtla: 2
Girlfrom: 2
Chickadee: 2
Celrae: ??
K3 - 2
Kneed - 2
Kendrab - 2

Newbies:
Envelope: 2
LiveLaughLove: 1.5

Maintainers:
Jojoyoyo - still maintaining and trekking

Trekked Miles: 321.47(Sarge, MadamGoo, Cheshire, Peanut, Pokey, Reso, bnhtla, chickadee, Jojoyoyo, K3)

Cheshirecat
05-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Stats First:

Trekked: 21
Lost: errr...gained.
Pledge: 1

envelope
05-29-2011, 10:39 AM
pledge or should that be newbie or new private? ... I pledge to lose 2 lbs this week.

Cheshirecat
05-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Morning Platoon.

Yeah, I gained this week. I'm not very surprised...I kind of knew I was subconsciously letting myself fall off plan since it was the last week of school and I had a good loss last week.

One step forward and two steps back, no one ever gets very far like that!

I'll whip myself back into shape Sarge!!

Sarge-Have a great trip!! Whoo, whooo. Party train is leaving!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPuKoqu6kMk

Pokey-So jealous, the float trip sounds like a perfect way to spend a hot day!

MadamB-Does she use the one from Runner's World? Or does she know one I haven't used before.

A note about June 1--National Running Day.
If anyone knows people (or yourself) that do like to do The Rock and Roll Marathon series (they do half marathons and sometimes have 10k or 5ks attached to the marathon) they are having a little sale on June 1st if they are looking to register for any of them.
http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/2011/05/series/celebrate-national-running-day_12780

peanutt
05-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Lost: -4.2 lbs :eek:
Trekked: 10km / 6.2mi
Pledge: -1.5 lbs

MadamButterfly
05-29-2011, 10:43 AM
OK, awful quiet here this AM, SARGE is out of the house and Cheshire is sleeping in . . . and it's after 8:00 . . . UH OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

OK, I did Week 6, Day 1, but I guess I remembered it wrong . . . I thought I was suppose to run 8 min, 5 min, 8 min with 3 min walks in between, (which is what I did) BUT I was suppose to do 5 min, 8 min, 5 min with 3 min walks . . . OOOOPS, but it was a few extra minutes of running and hopefully will make Day 2 easier . . . I hope

Sorry about the zucchini joke last night, I was TIRED and work was a bit of a mess . . . UGH!!! and I didn't want to go with the wine the night before weigh-in so it was tasteless zucchini jokes :D . . .

Kneed: Are you still doing C25K??? Warrior dash in less than a month . . . WooHoo!!!

Reso: Has the sun come out yet??? We're having crazy thunderstorms in the evening and then cloudy, but beautiful . . . :sunny:

Pokey, floating in the river . . . sounds soooooooooo fun and relaxing!!! You're gonna need it starting Tuesday it's DOUBLE TIME FOR YOU!!! Just remember it's only for 3 weeks . . . YOU CAN DO IT!!!

EDIT: Oh Cheshire & Peanut we must have been posting at the same time . . .

Envelope: Are you new???? :welcome3:

OK, WE NEED A FUN CHALLENGE WHILE SARGE IS AWAY . . . ANY IDEAS POKEY, PEANUT, RESO, RAINBOW, CHESHIRE OR ANYONE ELSE ?????

LET'S MAKE SARGE PROUD!!!

envelope
05-29-2011, 11:21 AM
I am new to this thread. After I posted I went out and did W1D1 of C25K. I did C25K at the end of last summer and loved it.

MadamButterfly
05-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Envelope: GREAT, WELCOME and I guess you know how this works???? Each Sunday Make SARGE a pledge and then MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! We are also trekking across the U.S, (we just started 2 weeks ago, if you'd like to join the trek then each Sunday post the miles you've trekked (biking, hiking, jogging, treadmill, etc) for that week along with your loss and next week's pledge) SARGE likes to have losses, pledges & miles trekked all in one post, nothing else. Then SARGE can update the board and doesn't miss anything important.

SARGE is currently on an out-of-town on a, ummmmmmmm, mission and but will return on Thursday . . .

Resolute
05-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Dedicated miles this week : 64.5 ( Mostly walking, only 6 miles biking. )
Loss this week : 3 pounds.
New pledge : 3 pounds ( And an NSV, dropping out of obesity. )

Resolute
05-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Kind of down from the gloomy weather lately, did clear up for a few hours last evening but again with the gloomy skies today. :mad:

Was really busy yesterday, didn't eat very well but was on the go all day, probably around break even, which is bad for me, just getting ready to head out for a walk, today should be more relaxed at least, still not much time and quite a bit to accomplish so with that i'm out of here to get cracking on a new week, one that marks the end of my obesity and a renewed hope.

Have a good day everyone. :hug:

pokeycactus
05-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Stats first:

Stayed booze free til Friday! :)
Miles: 27
Lost: 0

pokeycactus
05-29-2011, 12:14 PM
MadamB - It is only 3 weeks!!! And then just boxing. I can do it!!! Your inappropriate zucchini joke was fine by me...hilarious!!! :lol:

Reso - hope the weather clears up for you!!!! And, I hope your day is nice and relaxing. :hug:

Gotta run! I'll check in a bit later. Hope everyone is having a great morning!!!!

bnhtla06
05-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Lost: 0.5 lbs? I'm at my parents for the weekend so it's a different scale. Just as well since my scale and I are not speaking right now. Will check again when I get home Tuesday.
Pledge: 2 lbs
Trek: 10 miles

peanutt
05-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Really quick fly by to share the results of my first 5K! I ran 39:59, despite the fact that the entire second half of the race was a steady uphill climb. It was a great experience and I can't wait for my next race in June! I thought of the platoon often, when the hills were almost getting the better of me, but imagining the helicopter and screaming platoon behind me helped push my butter up the hills. :D

chickadee32
05-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Well, scale is still up a pound from Monday, so still retaining water, but at least I'm down from where it was yesterday, and down 1.8 lbs in total from last Sunday morning. I will be patient - the water has to leave at some point - and pledge another 2 lbs for next week.

pokey: Glad you're having fun with sister, and nice job sticking to your plan while she's in town!

MadamB: I :lol: at the zucchini joke!! Nice loss you had this week, and thank you for taking on Sarge's duties while he's out of town! :) I have no good ideas for a challenge, but I'll keep it in mind and see if I can come up with something.

envelope: Welcome! Way to get started right off the bat! :)

Cheshire: Fear not, you'll have extra time now to be extra good! :D Great job again on the race yesterday!

peanutt: Awesome loss this week and WAY TO GO on the race!! :carrot: I am glad it was so enjoyable for you!

Resolute: I love how you walk more miles in a day than I do all week. :lol: Good luck this week getting out of the obese category, and then you'll be just 9 lbs from onederland!! I can't wait to celebrate with you. :) And I hope the sun comes out soon :hug:

bnhtla: I laughed at your comment about your scale at home. Maybe I should give mine the silent treatment too. :D

girlfromstelle: Stay strong at the parents place!! You'll feel better for keeping on track if you can manage it, though I know how tough it can be! And I hear you on the self-esteem issues... BUT, we're on our way, and when you put on a tank top again 3 weeks from now you WILL feel better about what you see, and it will only continue to improve from there. :hug:

Husband is still at work (the minute he's feeling better he begins working himself to death again, sigh), so I'm off to the gym. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

chickadee32
05-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Oops, forgot my lost/trekked/pledge post.

Lost: 1.8 lbs
Trekked: 9.6 miles
Pledge: 2 lbs

MadamButterfly
05-29-2011, 03:26 PM
PEANUT IS A RUNNER!!

WOW, you AMAZE me Peanut . . . maybe there is hope for me too!!!

Girlfrom: I'm "trying" to update SARGE's tote board, Did you lose/gain or stuck this week. I did get your 2 pound pledge for next week. Have fun at your parents, just not TOOOOOOOO much fun :D

Reso: Sorry no :sunny: skies, maybe soon!!!! :crossed:

OK, I'm off to work, will finish "trying" to update the tote board when I get home . . .

Everyone have a GREAT DAY!!!

celrae
05-29-2011, 04:02 PM
-4.20 pounds in 2 weeks

I do not have access to my walking numbers. I willl update on Monday.

Thanks MadamB for keeping track!

jojotheyoyo
05-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Nothing like a long good bye! lol

Sarge = -2 / Pledge to gain less than 10 / 62.67 miles trekked this week

toodles

Still Maintaining.
Treked 18 miles

Pledge: continue to maintain
Trek 20 miles

I am seriously getting into the Trek. I am already planning to get more miles per day. Thanks everybody. Sarge: Hope you are partying like 1999!:dizzy:

Live Laugh Love
05-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone, I'd like to join! I would love to start trekking as well, but cannot start that until June 4.

Pledge for this week: 1.5 lbs

I look forward to joining ya'll!

kneed2lose
05-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Ok stats first:

Lost: 1.5
Miles trekked this week: Only 9.4
Pledge: 2

kneed2lose
05-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Holy Moly I am way behind!

Sorry if i forget anyone, Im just in a rush and trying to get back to studying!

Sarge: You LOOK fabulous!! Thanks for sharing! And have an amazing time in Vegas! You deserve it after all of your hard work. But dont get too crazy...those buffets there can be torturous!

Rainbow: I love seeing you around, and your song was hilarious! Hope everything with your weight loss journey is going well!

Pokey: I am so excited for you to start your classes!!! Ahh ive always wanted to try boxing after watching the biggest loser this past season, thats going to be so much fun!

Madam: You are so hilarious, sweet, and awesome for taking over the charts! I stopped doing the C25k program :( My shin splints were becoming so painful! And I noticed a sweat a lot more when I do interval running when i run a min and walk a min. But im hoping it will increase my stamina!. I was actually just youtubing warrior dash videos yesterday...it looks like crazy fun!!! Im so excited/nervous. Are you going to wear a costume???

Peanutt: Down 4.2!?!?! What an amazing loss!!! Congrats! And your 5k time was amazing!!! Wow a week of victories for you!

Envelope: Welcome!!! You're going to love it here!

Reso: Aw, dont worry, we all have out bad days, its super gloomy here too! But you lost 3 lbs this week! Thats amazing! I dont know how you do it! Congrats! :)

Girlfromstelle: I totally understand where you are coming from in regards to the self esteem. but just remember you are working towards losing that weight and with that you will gain back your self esteem! Sometimes i let that be a motivator for me. You can do it!

Chickadee: Some loss is better than no loss!! Hope everything is well at home with the hubby!

I might be a little MIA these next few weeks, because i have my boards coming up, but that doesnt mean i wont be thinking about all of you! ill check in from time to time, but I hope everyone has an amazing week!

K3LL3Y
05-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Hello Everyone!
Got back late from the wedding and it looks like I missed Sarge's send off.
I am happy to say that I broke even this week. With the wedding's rehearsal dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant and the wedding itself with tons and tons of food/drink I'm glad that I didn't gain a pound :)

I trekked 14.5 mi this week. I'm going to try and get 15 again this week even though I'm going back to work.

I pledge 2 lbs this week. I will make up the difference for my breaking even week :)

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Kendrab1223
05-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Hey everyone!

Sorry for being mia... I've been going through a lot and just having a hard time mentally. I haven't weighed since Friday, but as of Friday I was down 3.4 pounds. Hubby stole my scale and hid it and is not giving it back until next Sunday morning. I need the break from it to just fooooocus on being healthy and determined WITHOUT a number telling me if I'm doing a good job or not.

Sorry to be so quick but I'm off to finish some last minute homework and go to bed. I'll catch up in the morning :)

Lost- 3.4
Pledge- 2
Miles trekked this week- 20.5

celrae
05-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Kendra-Take care and focus on the smaller picture right now. A number on a scale means nothing, you and your family need to be healthy too.

dcapulet
05-30-2011, 12:33 AM
madam: Thanks for doing the updating!

I pledge -2 for this week :)

peanutt
05-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Kendra - hope all is okay. Keep focused on the healthier and fitter lifestyle you can lead now and for the rest of your life. :)

MadamButterfly
05-30-2011, 12:54 AM
OK, bringing SARGE's tote board forward:

I think we're looking pretty good, BUT CHECK YOUR NUMBERS (losses & pledges) TO MAKE SURE THEY'RE RIGHT . . . and if I can add correctly we've lost 29.80 pounds out of 33.8 pledged (88%) . . . there are still a few more to report in . . . who can take us over that 90% mark????

We've also trekked over 320 miles . . . I'm not sure where that puts us, but we'll leave that part for Sarge's return :D

Pledges (Week 5/22-5/29)

Reso = 2 /// -3 OUT OF OBESITY !!!!
Peanutt= 1.5 /// -4.2
Chesh = 1 /// + ?? Oooops
K3 = 1 /// 0
VickieL= 2
Kendrab = 2.3 & Cheat free at kindergarten /// Cheat Free & -3.4
Chickadee = 2 /// -1.8
Bnhtla = 2 /// -0.5 (Different scale)
Celrae = 4 /// -4.2
Gooey = 1 /// -2.2
Pokey = 1 & Booze Free til Friday /// -0
Sizzlin = 1
Tmil = 2
DCap = (5 days exercise/clean eating/getting on a scale Saturday) /// COMPLETE!!
Kneed = 1 /// -1.5
Dreamer = 1 /// -0.8
LucyF = 1

Maintainers
Yoyo = Pledge to keep trekking America! //Still maintaining & Trekking

Primm = 1.5
DeeBee = 2
BrianB = Binge free week

Total of those checking in 30.6

PLEDGES 5/29-6/4

DCap = 2
Celrae: ??
K3: 2
Kneed: 2
Kendrab: 2
dcap - 2
Dreamer: 1.5
Celrae: ???

Maintainers:
Jojoyoyo - Still maintaining and trekking

Newbies:
LiveLaughLove: 1.5

Trekked Miles: 321.67(Sarge-62.67) (MadamGoo-58.3), (Cheshire-21), (Peanut-6.2), (Pokey-27), (Reso-64.5), (bnhtla-10), (chickadee-9.6), (Jojoyoyo-18), (K3-14.5), (Kneed-9.4), (Kendrab-20.6)

MadamButterfly
05-30-2011, 01:03 AM
LiveLaughLove: :welcome3:

Hope you like it here. SARGE is on a mission right now and will return on Thursday, until then just MELT some BUTT-ER & make SARGE HAPPY!!!

Kendra: I WANT YOUR SCALE !!!!

Cheshire: My friend uses Runners world and www.halhigdon.com

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY, I'm not sure what kind of trouble I'll be getting into, but I'm sure I'll find some or else it will find me . . . I always seem to be in trouble . . .

SMSDREAMER2007
05-30-2011, 04:09 AM
oh gotta love life. Barely have time for 3fc as of late :\ I fained .8 lbs last week *CRIES* I refuse to change my ticker tho cause I still think some of it is water weight and I am SURE it will come off this week. I pledge 1.5 ls for next week!

dcapulet
05-30-2011, 07:20 AM
Madam - I'm complete for last week! Sorry about forgetting to mention that. Not sure what that means because I didn't pledge pounds...

Kendra - hang in there, chickie. I hope it gets better.

Dreamer - not around because life is good? I hope that's the case...

rainbowsmiles
05-30-2011, 07:58 AM
wakie wakie platoon.....sarge may be away....but thats no time to play....
now get your 'arse in gear and get 'er done!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c45KgHYJ7M&feature=related

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2405/5775240435_1f470c6f0c_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5775240435/)

sarge is watching!!!! :drill:

rainbowsmiles
05-30-2011, 08:09 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5179/5456371198_29673780c1_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5456371198/)

Cheshirecat
05-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Happy Monday all!

Rainbow--I love it! Thanks for the smile this morning. I think I hear that helicopter outside right now waiting for me to get out there and run!

Just read about the 10 extra minutes...so that will work for the week for me.

We can do it!

MadamButterfly
05-30-2011, 08:59 AM
WOOHOO, THE HELICOPTER IS BACK!!!!

Dcap: I put your workouts as complete, thanks ;)

SURROGATE SARGE Rainbow: MA'AM, YES MA'AM . . . locking and loading arse immediately!!! So happy to see your shiny face this morning . . . I know I can do anything when I see you . . .

Celrae: Ummm, did you give SARGE a pledge??? huh?? Did ya??? you know SARGE likes pledges, don't YOU!!! LOLOLOL . . . or did these old eyes just miss it . . . :lol3:

OK, I added numbers (with the calculator this time, UGH) and if my calculations are correct we are at just over 90% for the week . . . we're still missing a few, so I'm hoping we can increase that number a bit . . . Sizzlin, Tmil, Lucy, VickieLou, Prim, mcsr, DeeBee, BrianB . . . WHERE ARE YOU!!!! SURROGATE SARGE RAINBOW has that Apache helicopter warmed up and is ready to HUNT YOU ALL DOWN AND SHE WILL HAVE A SCALE ON BOARD, so fess up and let us know where you're at!!!

I was thinking, in honor of National running day & Sarge's pledge to gain less than 10, why don't we do 10 of something extra everyday this week (push-ups, crunches, dips (ick), toe touches, or whatever) and on Wednesday, June 1 (National running day), do (extra) running for 10 whether it be run 10 extra miles, 10 extra seconds, 10 blocks, 10 steps or 10 seconds . . . ok, stupid idea or what??

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY, I'm off to trek some miles on my bike, then small clothes shopping, cooking out tonight and there will be Margaritas!! OK, maybe just one :D

Today I'm going to do 10 extra push-ups!!!

rainbowsmiles
05-30-2011, 09:22 AM
WOOHOO, THE HELICOPTER IS BACK!!!!

I was thinking, in honor of National running day & Sarge's pledge to gain less than 10, why don't we do 10 of something extra everyday this week (push-ups, crunches, dips (ick), toe touches, or whatever) and on Wednesday, June 1 (National running day), do (extra) running for 10 whether it be run 10 extra miles, 10 extra seconds, 10 blocks, 10 steps or 10 seconds . . . ok, stupid idea or what??

GREAT IDEA!!!!! will get back to you on what extra 10's i do today.....throwing down the gauntlet challenge....10 x 10 things....starting with 10 extra minutes posting here on 3fc....to help keep me motivated!!!!

1. 10 mins posting on 3fc encouraging others while encouraging myself!!!
2. taking 10 mins to record EVERYTHING I EAT TODAY!!!
3-10....will get back to you!! :)
COME ON EVERYONE...LET'S HANG TEN!!! TAKE TEN!!! MAKE TEN!! TOP THAT TEN!!! BOOOYAH!!! :dance:

Cheshirecat
05-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Back from my run. It was actually nice out. It was a bit humid at first (but then again it's always humid here) but there was a nice breeze by the latter half. Whoo.

For my 10 extra, I put in extra time at the end of my run for a walk. Whooo.
It was nice actually doing a cool down. I like it!

Okay food time.

envelope
05-30-2011, 10:09 AM
1. Ten extra minutes a day to actually plan what we are going to have for dinner each day.
2. Ten extra trips up and down the stairs a day.
3. Ten extra minutes before bed to stretch each day.

I use a BMF and it counts my steps for the entire time I am wearing it, which I can then convert to miles. Do I use those totals for the trek, or just the steps I take when intentionally exercising?

MadamButterfly
05-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Rainbow:

Oh you are TOOOOOOOOO SMART WOMAN . . . 10 extra 10's . . .

1. 10 extra minutes on the bike today
2. 10 minutes stretching everyday (I never do this and I need to start)
3. 10 dips . . . UGH, I hate these but need them
4. 10 extra push-ups
5. 10

Ok, I'll think more while I'm on the bike, I want to get it in before it rains

Envelope, usually trekked miles are exercise/intentional miles, bike riding, walking, treadmill, eliptical, running, etc . . .

Cheshire: If we all do 10 x 10's this week, I think SARGE will feel we put in the "extra mile" I love that sign and wish there were a few in my neighborhood for me to see while I'm running my C25K

OK, off to ride and think of more 10's I can do!!!

mcsr11
05-30-2011, 10:59 AM
gained 2 horrible week!
pledge 3lbs this week

JayTee
05-30-2011, 11:00 AM
PLEDGES 5/29-6/4

DCap = 2
dcap: 2
Celrae: 1 & 5 Booze Free Days & miles
mcsr = 3
Tmil = 1

Maintainers:

Newbies:
L3: 1.5
IHeart = 1

Girlfrom vs. Pokey in a one on one race to 140lbs!

COMPLETED (645.71) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:
Sarge (62.67/116.33),
Pokey (27/41.5),
Kneed (9.3/23.3),
Celrae (9.72/22.58),
K3 (14.5/29.5),
Kendrab (9/29.5),
Chickadee (9.6/18.2),
Reso (64.5/128.9),
Cheshire (21/36.5),
MadamB (58.3/106.5),
Yoyo (18/32),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (6.2/16.2),
Bnhtla (10/19),
Tmil (6)
L3 (just joining)
Envelope (just joining)

BL Summer Challengers
Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, Courtney, Sizzlin, Girlfrom

Peanutt -- 5K / 6/26, & 10K in September!
Pokey -- 5K / July 4th

JayTee
05-30-2011, 11:02 AM
GOOD MORNING FELLOW TREKKIES!!! Excellent job last week...we made it to Ohio!

For those playing along, at 640 miles, we're covering the stretch on the map below:

http://www.discoverytrail.org/images/maps/oh_ky.gif

Mile 628 Belpre (WVA border) to Chesterhill, OH: 33.3 mi.
Mile 644 Chesterhill, OH (Buckeye trail) to SR78: 16.1 mi.

Long Lick & Sunshine Ridge Roads to SR 774 & Oakland-Locust Ridge Road at Grant Lake

The trail follows little used roads in a sparsely settled wooded landscape. The ADT passes the Counterfeit House, built in 1840. It overlooked the Ohio River in the distance in times past. Signals were sent to riverboat captains about the availability of counterfeit coins and bills. The house has false rooms, secret closets, and chimneys without fireplaces. The trail continues on rural roads through the villages of Bentonville, Neel, and New Hope, and then fords Sterling Run twice before reaching Grant Lake. See West Union Buckeye Trail map.

I say we hoof it this week and try to make Grant Lake (about the 950 mile mark). I want to linger here because we'll be walking on Long Lick Road. Oh, think of the jokes... And maybe we can camp at the Counterfeit House.
http://www.trailgallery.com/photos/%5C9521%5Cthumb%5C175%5Ctj9521_061610_232925_54220 4_tn175.jpg

JayTee
05-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks MadamB/Rainbow and the rest of you Surrogate Sarge's for keeping the chat flowing! Sarge has already consumed WAY too fun and must head for fitness facility where I can only think about Pokey's comments from about a week ago...something about vodka seeping out every sweat pore...

KEEP TREKKING! KEEP WORKING!!! SARGE IS DEFINITELY WATCHING and will catch up on personals when he can.

WELCOME ENVELOPE & LIVE LAUGH (new name L3). Glad to have you aboard and Sarge can't wait to start kickin' your arse!

HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS A GREAT MEMORIAL DAY!!!!!

Coffee...must find coffee...

pokeycactus
05-30-2011, 12:35 PM
YES. I usually sweat vodka after an evening of too much fun!!! I'll start thinking, "what is that smell? It smells like vodka...." and then realize it's coming from me. Eeeesh!

Hope you're having fun Sarge!!!!!! Let's definitely stay on Long Lick Road as long as possible :devil:

Peanutt - Congrats on your 5k!!! I am nervous to run mine....I've been running most days on the treadmill now since it's so hot here (100+ everyday, hellooooo summer!). My race is in Washington state, so the climate will be much, much cooler, but I'm worried about the fact that I stopped running outside awhile ago. Hmmm...

MadamB - I'll definitely add 10 extras! Not quite sure what they'll be yet though! And, class starts TOMORROW. Boxing tomorrow, then Biggest Loser on Wednesday, and alternate every day. Crazy crazy!

Rainbow - It's so nice to see you again!!! We've missed you!

Reso - Where are you, friend? Come out and say hi to me! :D

I'll be enjoying the last day Sistah is here with some SHOPPING. Gotta hit those holiday sales! I hope everyone has a great day!

celrae
05-30-2011, 12:42 PM
MadamB & Sarge- I was having a hard time committing to a weight loss goal this week. I pledge -1 pound, 5 drink free days, and 20 miles walked.
Miles walked last week 9.72, total 22.58

My plan has been to take this journey in 6 week stretches and change up my plan if it is not working for any reason. I have been thinking about this all day and I don't see any need for change. I have been very successful so far, thanks for all the support.

I am making a commitment for the next 6 weeks to stay on a low carb diet, lots of water, and walking with strength training. My goal is a 9 pound loss (226) by July 3rd.

The last 2 weeks have been hard with travel, emotional triggers, and now I am sick. I have not had any energy to exercise yet, I am still on track with weight and eating. Life is never perfect.;)

Tuesday will be an exciting day, I will take my 2nd BodPod test. I started off with 48% body fat, I should see a nice decrease in that number. :carrot:

tmil206
05-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Ok I'm late, This long holiday weekend has me all messed up....
Loss: 1 lb
Pledge 1 lb
Miles: 6

CourtneyDaisey
05-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Happy Memorial Day to everyone! Also, welcome back to the Biggest Loser Challenge for all participating in it! :cheer:

I've been insanely busy today doing all of the necessary house cleaning that needed to be done. I am about halfway done with all of it. Better get off my butt-er and tackle the rest before it's time to go see the fireworks!

MadamButterfly
05-30-2011, 01:34 PM
WOOHOO . . . a visit from SARGE . . . Uh oh, where did I hide those jelly beans . . . LOLOLOLOL <just kidding>

Sarge: hope I didn't mess up your Tote board too bad and I even used a calculator to add the numbers :D Sounds like you're having a GREAT TIME . . . don't forget to drink the Margaritas for me !!!

Long Lick Road, what I want to know is if there are some zucchini planted and growing on that road :devil: Sorry, I couldn't resist

Pokey: that was for you!!! I already hit the sales and as you all know, the number of pants that fit me, I can count on one hand . . . OMG . . . but I have NEW PANTS and will not be going to work pantsless AND I won't have to wash clothes in the middle of the week so I have enough pants to wear :D

OK, off to the garden to check on the zucchini, then round 2 and then dips, crunches and push ups

ihearthoney
05-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Hello everyone!

Can I join in? I've never done this before..but here she goes:

I'd like to pledge 1 pound
I also would like to aim to workout every day (except wednesday).
And finally I would like to follow my planned meals for the week (Saturday is my 'relaxed' eating day.

Is that ok? ;)

rainbowsmiles
05-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Hello everyone!

Can I join in? I've never done this before..but here she goes:

I'd like to pledge 1 pound
I also would like to aim to workout every day (except wednesday).
And finally I would like to follow my planned meals for the week (Saturday is my 'relaxed' eating day.

Is that ok? ;)

welcome iheartyhoney...yes perfect!! a pledge already...way to go gf!!
now make it happen!! and report back here and post your loss before sunday evening. and try to post often...and tell us how your day is going.
sir sarge...and don't forget to address sarge with a SIR...is awol on a top secret mission and will return on thursday...meanwhile, surrogate sarge madam B is at the helm and i am just along to keep moral high!! :)
now GET YOUR ARSE IN GEAR SOLDIER!!! WE DON'T TAKE EXCUSES!! :)

envelope
05-30-2011, 02:08 PM
I did my work out earlier, and am getting ready to head to a Memorial Day gathering. I will stay away from the sweets and load up on the vegis.

MadamButterfly
05-30-2011, 03:09 PM
iheart: :welcome3: Well, Ummmmm, I don't think I'm really the surrogate SARGE, I just updated the tote board yesterday and today. Listen to Rainbow, when she says we don't take excuses and we don't take whining either, just lace up those combat boots and hump it soldier, <gotta love fresh meat> LOLOLOLOL !!!!

We have fun too, and it WILL happen.

Reso; you're quiet today, hmmmmmmm maybe missing SARGE :o Hope your weather is better today, here, around 80, humid and threatening thunderstorm skies . . . that's what happens when I finally get a holiday off . . . OH WELL

Peanut must be flying stealth today, ok so maybe it's the holiday.

I'm off to BBQ/picnic and figure I'll be getting wet soon, so maybe the festivities will be out of the garage . . .

I went Pants shopping and I now have enough pants for a whole week without washing, and a few that will fit in a month or two . . . SO HAPPY, I was getting tired of washing clothes twice a week, UGH!!!!

celrae
05-30-2011, 03:14 PM
JayTee- The walk across AMERICA has been a fun challenge.

ihearthoney- Welcome-- There is lots of Win around here, so get ready to melt some Butt-er.

MadamB-Thanks for the enthusiasm.

CourtneyDaisey- The RED team ROCKS!

tmil206- :woohoo: 1 pound is a great start. Keep it going.

mcsr11- It is a new week.:hug:

envelope- A nice list. I am terrible at planning dinner.:o

Cheshirecat- It is nice to get the exercise done early now it is warming up. Take care!

Live Laugh Love
05-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Sounds like everyone is off to a good start this week. Unfortunately, I'm feeling worse today than yesterday. I really hope this bug I have goes away quickly. This is my last week of work until I'm off for the summer (I'm a teacher), then I just have to focus on my summer classes. Hopefully I'll be feeling better by Friday so that I can start using my treadmill much more often. I will definitely be melting some butt-er this summer! Now to finish enjoying my day off, then 4 more days of work!

JayTee
05-30-2011, 05:29 PM
IF SARGE CAN PUT IN 4.2 miles WHILE IN HANGOVER COMA SO CAN YOU!!! DO IT!!!!!

And have a pleasant day...:)

pokeycactus
05-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Sarge - didja sweat vodka?!?!!!?

pokeycactus
05-30-2011, 09:30 PM
MadamB - SO GLAD to hear you found some pants that fit!!! Although you know I am a huge pantsless advocate, sometimes, situations just call for pants. :lol: How are your zucchinis???!!! :devil:

L3 - I hope you feel better soon!!! Being sick is no fun for sure. :( And I love that you're already talking about melting BUTT-er!!! You fit right in. ;)

Envelope - you can do it! I love watermelon at BBQs too...it's so tasty and refreshing, and feels indulgent because it's sweet, but it's not bad calorie-wise.

Ihearthoney - WELCOME!!! :) Happy you're here!!!

I'm so ready ready ready for boxing bootcamp to begin tomorrow!!! I just was reading through the description to Mapquest the address of the boxing gym and realized the class is 90 MINUTES LONG. Whoa....what have I gotten myself into!?

ihearthoney
05-30-2011, 10:07 PM
SIR YES SIR!@!#

Sorry..getting caught in the moment here. Thanks for the warm welcomes and I am glad to join the ranks!

Today I did my kickboxing class and sweated like a pig. Now I have to muzzle my husband who has a hankerin' for ice cream and is actually singing about sprinkles and fudge sauce...oy...

celrae
05-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Walked 5.33 miles today. Total = 27.91
1st Wine free day.

Resolute
05-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Reso - Where are you, friend? Come out and say hi to me! :D

I'll be enjoying the last day Sistah is here with some SHOPPING. Gotta hit those holiday sales! I hope everyone has a great day!

Reso; you're quiet today, hmmmmmmm maybe missing SARGE :o Hope your weather is better today, here, around 80, humid and threatening thunderstorm skies . . . that's what happens when I finally get a holiday off . . . OH WELL

Sorry i'm so quiet these last few days, i'm not doing great mentally so i try to stay quiet at these times, seems to be a cross i must bear in this life, pretty much takes over my life when it hits.

Had a rather poor day, i walked 12 miles this evening, more to try and clear my mind than for the physical benefit. Still horrible out, rained all evening, can't stand this weather, i'm sure it contributes to my poor state of mind.

Thankyou for thinking of me. :hug:

pokeycactus
05-31-2011, 12:03 AM
Ihearthoney - he's SINGING about sprinkles and ice cream?! Whoa! Good luck with that! :D

pokeycactus
05-31-2011, 12:14 AM
Reso!!!!!! So happy to see you post. :hug: Sorry you're having a funky day, I hope the rest of your week goes okay.

tmil206
05-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Reso, I hope you get some sunshine soon. It is suppose to be cool here 50s and 60s this week and then up in the 70s next week. I am ready for hot hot hot summer.

Ihearthoney, next time your hubby wants ice cream take him for some frozen yogurt (I like frozen yogurt better anyhow) I get the plain vanilla, fat free with sprinkles. I great healthy summertime treat.

Week 2 day 1 of C25K completed

bnhtla06
05-31-2011, 01:06 AM
Just got back from my vacation. Turns out my scale is the same as my parents' so that 0.5 lbs is the actual total for the week. Not bad, I guess, considering I was up 3 lbs before. At least I made it back to last week's weight (plus a little more). Time to focus on dropping some more this week.

Just did some catch-up reading from Boot Camp #5 so here's just a quick catch-up comment before I focus on the new week:
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement last week over the whole bipolar "I hate my scale...why doesn't my scale love me anymore" episode.
I know I can't let the scale get me down as long as I'm still doing my thing, but it's nice to let loose some whining once in a while, and I appreciate you all helping me get past it.

Okay, now I'm ready to go kick some butt-er this week.

chickadee32
05-31-2011, 05:01 AM
Hi all. Been feeling kind of down still, partially because the scale still isn't, but other things too. Tried to do some things to cheer myself up today... got a haircut (shoulder-length now), went shopping and bought some great and unusual produce at Balducci's (including giant asparagus - the stalks are so large they would inspire zucchini jokes), ate light, and listened to some good music. After reading a thread on this site about workout music I came across a fantastic new-to-me band: The Airborne Toxic Event. It's so rare for it to happen, but I love it when I find new music that I really, really enjoy.

Resolute: :hug: I am thinking of you and hoping some sunshine comes into your life soon.

pokey: That 90 minute class would kick my @ss, lol. Good luck and have fun!

iheart and Live Laugh Love: Welcome :)

MadamB: I need for you to go pants shopping with me, I still only have 3 pairs that fit!

Sorry I'm not more chatty tonight. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. :)

rainbowsmiles
05-31-2011, 07:56 AM
good morning everyone!! GOOD MORNiNG!!!!!

reso: :hug: hang in there...this too shall pass...sending u some funk-b-gon in a can....spray generously!! :)

madam...woohooo have a great week!!

more tens!!!
parked 10 spaces further away from store!! yeah!!
walked up 10 stairs and down 10 times!!
drank 10x10 ounces of water yesterday and then had to get up 3 times in the night...oi!!

chickadee....hair cuts always seem to lift moods!!! :) hang in there

sarge SiR!!.....me thinks the squad is misisng u!!! hope you're having fun!!! plink plink cha-ching!!!!!

ihearthoney....love your spunky attitude!!! welcome again!!

cheshire....loved the vegas baby vid!!

everyone have a great day!!!!
lets make sarge proud!!!

envelope
05-31-2011, 10:02 AM
I am getting ready to hop on the elyptical.

The extra 10 spaces from the store sounds great. I am going to incorporate it into my extra 10s too.

10 extrra minutes on the elyptical
10 spaces further from the store/office/etc.

JayTee
05-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Sarge sincerely hopes every member of the platoon has wiped the bbq sauce off their face, flossed the corn between their teeth, and brought their workout shoes to the office to burn off Memorial Day.

Today Sarge will complete these tens:

--10 extra pulls on the Squishy faced Princess penny slot machine (which SO looks like girlfrom's avatar...weird).

--join the player's club at 10 downtown casinos where because it's my birthday I get all sorts of extra bonus bucks loaded onto my player card and bascially spend the afternoon playing on casino money instead of losing my own. Win!

--stay away from 10 fat laden, salty, starchy appetizer and 10 handfuls of mixed nuts put out at 5pm each day because I''m getting dangerously close to that 10 pound gain cutoff I set for myself. Thank god the hotel has a bathroom scale...seriously!!!

--drink at least 10 glasses of water to flush out yesterday's damage and put in 10 extra minutes in the fitness facility to pay that damn piper!

Envelope--I don't recall if Sarge officially sent his welcome, but great to have you enlist. I like your spirit!

Rainbow--Again, so glad to have you back posting more often and spraying Funk-B-Gone on Reso!!!

Chick & Reso -- Sorry you both have been a bit down. Try to breathe in that late spring/summer air and find a way to look on the bright side. I think I shall charge you with creating a list, "10 ways to brighten your day!"

Girlfrom--As mentioned above...thanks for having your avatar send me good karma at the Squishy Princess slot machine. Oh, and on the whole mom thing...food=love until a mom finally realizes that she can't keep sending baked goods to campus because her kids seem to keep adding the freshman 15 EACH year!

bnthla-- Any loss is a HAPPY loss each week. Yes, I do believe there is enough material in our previous threads to write a book about SCALE hatred, envy, bi-polar electronics, obsession, and self-esteem issues associated with said instruments of the devil!

Tmil--way to finish week 1 c25K! How are the legs?

Pokey--I can't wait to hear about your adventures in spazzy boxing today! And yes... when I got down to the fitness facility I found a machine very much down wind from other guests. Belching up and sweating off champagne, kaluha&cream, beer, Mai-Tai, ... and then I lost track!

MadamB--WHY are you buying pants?!?!? It's one thing to buy them behind our collective backs, but to actually post that you were out searching and purchasing really does go against the whole pantsless movement! :)

Celrae--How's the "wine free" thing going for you? I'll be joining you Thursday! Will need to dry out for at least a week.

IHeart--Welcome again. Your posting about sprinkles and fudge sauce sounds like you're already feeling quite comfy here in the Butt-er Brigade.

Kneed--Good luck on those upcoming Boards, but seriously...GET IN THE GYM when you can. I sense a bit of about to give up coming from you and Sarge will personally drag you kicking and screaming back to your fitness goals if he has to!

Peanutt--You still basking in the glow of your 39:59?!?! I bet you're glad you have another race on the books. It sounds like you're hooked on the race scene already.

Chesh--You completely vegging-out in summer mode yet? Just runs and time for yourself for at least two months. Ahhhhhhhh!

Greetings to the rest of the troops I missed, and to all of the Platoon Biggest Loser Challengers... Sarge will be stalking those weigh-in threads on Sunday! Do Not, DO NOT bring disgrace to this platoon! If that means last chance workouts begin today, GET ON IT!

That is all from beautiful Sin City where Sarge is doing his part to make sure that reputation lives on!

Have a Butt-er Melting Day all!

Kendrab1223
05-31-2011, 12:47 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!!!!!

Today I did 10 jumping jacks in-between each loading screen while doing my ea active!

Just ate lunch and will be heading out soon to help a friend unpack their uhaul and help move their stuff to the THIRD floor! This is going to be a good workout!

Stay focused everyone. Don't let those mental barriers stand in your way! I'm feeling much better now than I was over the weekend and hubby even let me have my scale back (because I found it lol)!

Enjoy the day and for my fellow red team members- let's kick some butt!!!

MadamButterfly
05-31-2011, 12:53 PM
UGH, I was almost finished my posting and I somehow deleted it, UGH I hope this isn't how this day is going to go.

OK, it's awful quiet here this AM

Cheshire: no early morning or mid-morning post ???? :?:

Reso: I hope the sun shines for YOU today :sunny: :sunny: It makes such a difference

SARGE SIR: Sorry about the whole pants thing BUT I was at risk of going to work pantsless . . . I just don't think that would be very good :D In honor of pantsless movements I will be going pantsless ALL DAY on Saturday, I'm off work and roomie will be working all day . . . although will be wearing pants when I go and check on the garden :D

Chickadee: :hug: :hug: Posting at 3AM, that can't be good. hang in there, things WILL get better !!! Let's go pants shopping, I even bought a couple of pair that are VERY tight, I can button/zip them, but would NEVER wear them in public :o . . . at least not yet :D OH and GIANT ASPARAGUS . . . hmmmmmmm, LOLOLOL, I can't go there this morning . . .

bnh: Yes the last thread was FULL of SCALE BASHING and I was the leader . . . just keep doing the right things, borrow a sledge hammer from Rainbow, steal Peanuts or give it (the scale) the silent treatment . . . there are many options to choose from

Pokey: Boxing Queen . . . You're gonna rock out those workouts . . .

Kneed: I agree with SARGE . . . OK you've got shin splints, so take a break from running and ride a bike, walk, do a video . . . BUT GET MOVIN GIRL!! You said you always lose some BUTT-ERY pounds and then you gain it back . . . SO TODAY IS THE DAY YOU BREAK THAT CYCLE :kickbutt: MOVE IT PRIVATE!!!!

Peanut: Is your next run a 5K or 10K??? When is it? I don't know why but I am thinking you're going to do a 10K, but maybe that's Cheshire

Tmil: WTG on Week 1 . . . you'll be addicted soon!!!

Rainbow: :wave: I am so HAPPY to see you around more :D :hug:

Kendrab: OH MY, moving stuff to the 3rd floor, you'll be meltin' BUTT-ER today!!

OK, I am on 5 1/2 year old duty for the next 10 days. Neighbors husband went to Europe and I am getting the 5 year old up and off to school. The good thing is that I go over about 6:15 and he doesn't get up until 7:30 and they have a treadmill, so I ran my C25K, Week 6, Day 2, still not sure if I like the machines, but my speed was definitely more stable . . . it had to be or else I would have been flying off the back of that thing. They also have a Wii and Netflix so I put on a movie and ran . . . I made it, but I didn't think I would . . . I can sure see how that treadmill would be REALLY handy come February when its -30 outside and the wind is howling.

I hope everyone is having a BUTT-ER melting day!!!

MadamButterfly
05-31-2011, 12:57 PM
:balloons: HAPPY

BIRTHDAY

SARGE!! :balloons:

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

rainbowsmiles
05-31-2011, 02:14 PM
SARGE SiR..... :drill:

:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you::bday2you:

this is the WHOLE SQUAD....singing happy vegas birthday baby!!!

Live Laugh Love
05-31-2011, 02:30 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!!!

So today is just a quick check in. Still feeling horrible today, actually worse than yesterday. Also lacking in sleep as the coughing is keeping me up all night. Luckily, I have still been eating well. This is a huge thing for me, as when I'm sick I usually just eat whatever I feel like (which usually ends up being fast food). So added goal for the week is to continue to eat healthy no matter how bad I feel. Now off to try to get this end-of-the-year checkout finished and signed for work. Hope everyone has a great day!

JayTee
05-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Work out done...sweat enough to make room for more later! :devil:

Very quiet here...just remember...

It's a long way to Tipperary,
It's a long way to go,
It's a long way to your goal,
To the best Platoon I know!
Goodbye Piccadilly! Farewell Leicester Square!
It's a long, long way to Tipperary,
But Sarge has got his eye on you over there!

Get crackin on those miles Platoon. 4403 miles to The Golden Gate Bridge! Double time hup...hup...hup

Reso...your lagging! Move it!

dcapulet
05-31-2011, 04:58 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!

hi platoon -

don't worry about kicking my butt today- my workout did it for me! I did an hour cardio and weights last night - and now i feel it big time!

60 min cardio today, and starting the June 30 day shred challenge tomorrow - wooo!!

celrae
05-31-2011, 05:58 PM
After reading a thread on this site about workout music I came across a fantastic new-to-me band: The Airborne Toxic Event. It's so rare for it to happen, but I love it when I find new music that I really, really enjoy.

They are really fun live and are currently touring on the West Coast. I am a big music geek.

My Bod Pod (http://www.baselinefitness.com/) assessment went very well today.
48% to 44.5%- down 3.5%
gained 3 pounds of muscle (2 pounds was my goal)
and lost 13.5 pounds of fat. (10 pounds was my goal)
My lean body weight is 132 pounds

I highly suggest the testing, the scale makes a little more sense now. I was advised to work towards a goal weight around 180-190 pounds, based on my muscle mass. This is significantly above the BMI recommendation of a weight between 125-164. No wonder people are confused. :dizzy:

celrae
05-31-2011, 06:02 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!!!

So today is just a quick check in. Still feeling horrible today, actually worse than yesterday. Also lacking in sleep as the coughing is keeping me up all night. Luckily, I have still been eating well. This is a huge thing for me, as when I'm sick I usually just eat whatever I feel like (which usually ends up being fast food). So added goal for the week is to continue to eat healthy no matter how bad I feel. Now off to try to get this end-of-the-year checkout finished and signed for work. Hope everyone has a great day!

Me too :D. I have never lost weight when I was sick. I am not feeling the best but, I am still on track.

K3LL3Y
05-31-2011, 06:57 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!!

Started my new job today so I'm back on a regular routine. Should be great for my nutritional organization. Makes it really easy to keep to my planning and organizing when I have to allot everything out ahead of time.
Hope everyone has had a good day. I am going to go visit with my husband :)
Got my miles in today and kept to my calories. Doing well on the no wine weekdays:)

Cheshirecat
05-31-2011, 07:59 PM
:woo: Happy Birthday Sarge! Win the big one!!

I did my first workout using New Rules for Lifting. At first I was like, oh this will be okay--not too hard at all...but then by the end, oh yeah. This book will help get me into shape.

I then headed outside and did speed drills. Whew. That was tiring. (basically intervals. Ran my little butt off as fast as I could for 30 seconds, cooled down with a slow run, then repeat).

I have to go get dinner going now, it's Taco Tuesday here at mi casa.

pokeycactus
05-31-2011, 09:30 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!!!!!!!

Cheshire - I'm planning on incorporating the New Rules into my routines in July (Biggest Loser bootcamp will be over then). I'm excited to give that a go as well - I skimmed the book, but haven't done any serious reading of it yet.

K3 - Hope your first day at work went well!!!

Holy crap you guys. I am dragging serious BUTT-er after my first boxing session this morning. I am exhausted and already feeling sore. I was shocked at how badly that session kicked my BUTT-er, since I really thought that I'm fairly in shape, no matter how overweight. I run, swim, zumba, bike, and elliptical all the time, but boxing is out of this world exercise. I'm looking forward to getting better at it. The trainer offered to give me an eating plan as well to optimize weight loss, and so hey! I'll take it! :)

Sarge - there was some spazzy boxing...my trainer said, "Really PUNCH this one - like you mean it!" and so I threw my weight behind it...and the bag swung...my glove glanced off of it...and down I went. The trainer was hilarious though, got down and did the ol' one-two-three-she's OUT!!!! slapping of the mat :lol:

celrae
05-31-2011, 11:15 PM
3.75 Miles today
2nd day No Wine.

Resolute
05-31-2011, 11:38 PM
So here i am, nice to see everyone plugging away, :) Working hard on exiting the funk, weather has cleared off today and right now it's sunny out, suns preparing to set though, crosses fingers for tomorrow and the next few days.

Did 6.2 miles walk and 6.2 miles on the bike today bringing me to 31 miles the last 3 days, if i had of ate properly it might have been good but alas that's not the case.

Need to dig deep now, try and see some headway ending this week out, sorry i'm not more talkative, just trying to keep it together lately, hoping to be more centered soon and back to participating more. ;)

pokeycactus
06-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Girlfromstelle - you're on!!!! :) I'm always up for more motivation!

Reso - happy to see you posting :hug:

Celrae - good job on your wine free days! I've been doing the "Booze Free Til Friday" challenges with Sarge, and I'm still ready to crack by Wednesday! Only the promise of 5pm on Fridays pulls me through. :)

MadamB - I'm dying and it's only day one! I have day two of "Operation BUTT-er Meltin'" tomorrow with the Biggest Loser bootcamp. If the weight doesn't come off with all this exercise, I may be flinging myself off a building ;)

JayTee
06-01-2011, 01:00 AM
pop on...

Nice! Gauntlet thrown and accepted. This one makes the pledge board for sure and we shall ALL be watching.

Girlfrom vs. Pokey... Woman-o e Woman-o! First one to 140 lbs.!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PtFLPqLMWRc/TO4vT0ti6qI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/dUZegS6kKio/s1600/AcceptChallengeLOGO+v3.JPG

pop off...

MadamButterfly
06-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Hey, just a quickie before bed. As some of you may know I work in a nursing home, well I don't work in the nursing home part, but I work in Memory care, assisted living and independent living. Well tonight I worked at independent living and there is a fella, nickname Cully and he has a piece of wood that's been sanded and is very pretty outside his apt. This piece of word says: Cully's thought of the day. Today it read:

You are a very unique and special individual. Just like everyone else!

Think about it . . . I had to laugh . . . toooo funny

Pokey: I have to go here . . . QUOTE: Sarge - there was some spazzy boxing...my trainer said, "Really PUNCH this one - like you mean it!" and so I threw my weight behind it...and the bag swung...my glove glanced off of it...and down I went. The trainer was hilarious though, got down and did the ol' one-two-three-she's OUT!!!! slapping of the mat . . . I had to laugh, sorry I couldn't help myself and all I could think was: Can you say "BALLET CLASS" :D I think I'll start calling you GRACE :dizzy:
Hang in there girl, YOU CAN DO THE DOUBLE DUTY, besides now the gauntlet has been thrown by Girlfrom and you're gonna need all the BUTT-ER MELTIN' YOU CAN GET!!!

Reso: So glad the sun came out for you today, even if it was at the end of the day and :crossed: that it will return tomorrow

Looks like everyone is meltin BUTT-er and I'm tired. I have 5-year-old patrol in the AM and must get a little shut eye before I get up and face the "MACHINE" (treadmill) and then the rugrat :D

Sweet Dreams Everyone

chickadee32
06-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Quick post first, in case Sarge is still around...

:cheer2: :cheer3: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE! :cheer3: :cheer2:

I hope you've had a spectacular day, and you're having a FANTASTIC time in Vegas!!!!

chickadee32
06-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Rainbow: Thank you :) I'm really glad we've been seeing you around again! How is life going lately?

Sarge: LOL, I'll work on my 10 things list and see what I can do. :) It sounds like you're having such a blast on your trip - I'm so glad to hear it!

MadamB: Just because you can't wear those tight pants in public today, doesn't mean you won't be able to wear them in public in another few weeks! :D Maybe you could offer to do some kid duty next winter, and take advantage of the treadmill? Seems like a reasonable trade...

Live Laugh Love: Sorry you're so sick! Nice job though managing your food intake - that's definitely a big step! I hope you're feeling better soon.

girlfromstelle: That's one of the songs I added to my workout playlist! I really like it. But didn't get to listen to it tonight, as my iphone has been acting wonky and crapped out during my workout this evening. :mad: If you have any other songs to recommend by them, please send them my way!

dcapulet: Nice workout! I hope the 30 day shred is fun :)

celrae: I was looking at their tour schedule yesterday, and was disappointed to see that they're not coming anywhere near DC this summer! The closest is Philly, which I'd consider, but I'll be away on vacation that week. I hope I can catch them sometime though - they seem like they'd be great live. I'm glad your assessment went so well today!

K3LL3Y: I hope your first day at the new job went well!

Cheshire: Can you give me a sense of what the first NROL workout is like in terms of sets, reps and pounds for different exercises? I'm just kind of curious. How long did the workout take?

pokey: Sounds exhausting, but it seems like you had fun! How many days per week are you doing this class again? And is this the short (few weeks) or long class?

Resolute: SO glad it was a sunny day for you. My fingers will be crossed along with yours for good weather the rest of this week. :hug:

The scale was finally down a bit this morning, so that means I'm no longer up from last Monday. Relieved! I think part of the water retention must be hormonal, as it just doesn't make much sense to me otherwise. Anyway, today's calories were on-target as usual, and I got to the gym for a short-ish workout tonight - 2 miles on the treadmill. Tomorrow is my brother-in-law's birthday and he requested we go to Cheesecake Factory - not known for their low-cal menu items - and so I'm going to check out the menu ahead of time and find something reasonable to eat. Edit: OK, so I'm still pretty low on my calories today (about 300 under) and I was planning to find something more to eat before bed, but after looking at just how unreasonable pretty much every item on the Cheesecake Factory menu actually is, I think I'm going to save those extra calories for tomorrow. :lol: I ate pretty balanced today, so I should be ok.

Hope everyone has a great first day of June. :)

kneed2lose
06-01-2011, 03:13 AM
Hope im not too late....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!!!!!!!

Now for a quickie... I didnt get to the gym today, but im going tomorrow morning for sure! Thanks for the motivation....its like you guys know me so well already!! An hour a day is better than nothing. '

LiveLaughLove: Sorry your feeling sick! Coughs are horrible! I dont mean to get gross and personal, but is it a productive cough? or a dry cough? If its productive you might have post nasal drip from a cold, try taking an anti-mucolytic agent and lots of cough drops and water!!

Cheshire: Have you ever tried the Jackie Warner videos for strength training? I did her video and never felt so sore in my life!!!

Pokey: You are HILARIOUS! Im so glad you are enjoying those classes and meltin that BUTT-er!!

Reso: :hug:Keep your head up and if you ever need to vent about anything going on...you know you have allll of here to support you! :hug:

Madam: LOL i loved Cullys quote of the day...so cute

Chickadee: Glad to see the scale is back on your side! It can be frustrating when hormones take over! Yummm Cheesecake! Well I think they actually have a weight management section on their menu that has low cal food!

Hope everyone has a great week! :)

MadamButterfly
06-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Ok, early post before kid duty;

My 10 x 10's so far this week

1. 10 extra crunches (4 kinds for 40 extra)
2. 10 push-ups
3. 10 - 10 oz of H2O
4. Parked 10 spaces from the last parked car (OK, so it was 9, but I was at the end of the parking lot)
5. 10 extra seconds running on my 2nd 10 minute run (Week 6, Day 2 was two 10 minute runs)
6. 10 dips on 10 different stairs (I'm feeling it this AM)
7. 10 minutes of stretching after my runs (legs are feeling much happier)
8. 10 extra minutes of biking on Monday

Ok, will be thinking of two more 10's while I attempt to tackle the treadmill this AM . . .

OK, off to kid duty . . . oh and I thought I worked today, but I'm off so I will be pantsless after a trip to the garden and until roomie comes home :o

Oh I almost forgot . . .

HAPPY, HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!

Pokey, Have fun at Boot Camp :D

rainbowsmiles
06-01-2011, 08:30 AM
good morning everyone. happy quickie hump day!! (just for you madam haha)
yeah sir sarge is coming home soon!!!

MISSION 10 X 10 COMPLETE SiR!!!

CourtneyDaisey
06-01-2011, 08:31 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!!!!!!

I hope you're enjoying your trip!!!! I've never been to Vegas but would love to check it out sometime! It seems like it would be fun!

GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!
Looks like everyone is doing very well! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: I am aiming to head for the office gym during my lunch break today and get in an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill. Granted, I am going to look silly being on a treadmill in an ankle length skirt and black flats but I am going anyway!

Have an awesome day and kick some butt-er!!!!!

CourtneyDaisey
06-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Oh I almost forgot . . .

HAPPY, HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am having flashbacks to previous threads now from this! LOL!!!! :) Love it!!!!!

Cheshirecat
06-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Happy June Everyone!

It's also National Running Day.
So even if it's just a short jog to the mailbox, pick up your feet, swing those arms, feel the wind and enjoy a few moments of running fun.

I actually planned a cross training day..so I'm biking today. Right after I finish this I'm tossing the bike in the car and going out to a nice little trail I know.

Pokey-Good luck with kicking your butt-er class number 2 today!

Kneed-I have not heard of Jackie Warner. I'll have to look up her DVDs on Amazon later. Thanks.

Chickadee- Here's a quick run down of stage 1 from New Rules of Lifting (There are seven stages all together)

Workout A (2 sets of 15 for each to start with, going to 3 sets). They don't give a specific weight, you have to determine that on your own but they want you to progressively go up each workout)
squats
pushups
seated rows
step ups
prone jackknife

Workout B ( Same notes)
Deadlift
dumbbell shoulder press
wide grip lat pulldown
lunge
swiss ball crunch

envelope
06-01-2011, 09:23 AM
You all are cracking me up, I love it.

Yesterday morning while on the elyptical I got interupted by a call from the school to pick up my son early...he is recovering from a concussion...and did not get my extra 10 in. So last night I hopped on the elyptical to do the extra 10 I promised you all. For me that is HUGE, I do not like to work out in the evening. My son just got on the bus so I am going to head out and do C25K w1d3. I will add on atleast 10 extra minutes cool down.

SARGE - Hope you had a wonderful birthday and continue to enjoy your mission in Vegas.

MadamButterfly
06-01-2011, 10:50 AM
OK, Mission 5-year-old complete for the day, I did 10 min on the treadmill at incline 10, but not at 10mph . . . (that's not going to happen LOLOLOL) I just walked and as Cheshire just reminded us, it's National Running Day . . . hmmmm. It's not C25K day, but I think I'll just do a 5 min warm-up then just run until I just can't run anymore and see how far I get . . . I have to do it!!!

Then I'll check on the zucchini, oh and the rest of the garden too <snickering to myself> . . . Now I wish I had planted GIANT ASPARAGUS TOO . . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

pokeycactus
06-01-2011, 11:34 AM
MadamB - your veggie humor is amazing!!! :lol: Between your veggie humor, and my physical slapstick variety, we should take this show on the road! I'm glad Mission 5 Year Old went well...small children in general actually scare me a bit.

Chickadee - The boxing is the longer class, T, Th, Sat from now till the end of August. It was DIFFICULT and I'm so sore today! I'd highly recommend boxing to anyone now just after the one day. I'm so happy that the scale is moving for you!!!! Hooray!

Kneed - I meant to mention earlier, good luck on your boards!!! You're in medical school, right? I work one on one with many physicians, and it never fails to amaze me how intense the schooling is, or how amazingly brilliant physicians are in general.

Sarge - oh yes. Gauntlet ACCEPTED! GirlfromStelle better bring it!!! ;)

So, day 2 of "Operation BUTT-er Meltin'" but day 1 of Biggest Loser Bootcamp. You guys, I ROCKED it. Today was just the evaluation day, but I feel like I did well. Part of the evaluation was running as many laps around the indoor track as possible in ten minutes. I ran the most in the class by 4 laps!!! So that felt pretty good. And, I like their scale there, it says I weigh less than my scale at home. ;)

Cheshirecat
06-01-2011, 11:57 AM
MadamB-Yay for surviving the 5 year old! Great job with the treadmill. Enjoy your veggies, remember you are in public in the garden, keep it G rated, LOL!

Pokey-Awesome job, lapping everyone by 4! Whoo.

I just got back from my bike ride. About 50 minute total. I not sure how long it was since they were trails and I can't map it. I'm going to guess low so I don't go over and say 5 miles. It was great though. Even though it is hot as heck out here, the trails were wooded and that shade really helped.

envelope
06-01-2011, 12:38 PM
As my muscles ached and yelled at me while I was doing C25K w1d3 I kept thinking NO EXCUSES and pushed on.

Hope you all have a great day!

CourtneyDaisey
06-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Everyone's really been on the move lately! Great job! :cheer:

I just got back from a 15 minute walk on the treadmill during my lunch break at work! Woot! It's my first time back on gym equipment in....oh Lord, forever! It kind of felt good to get back on there. I know that sounds weird as heck, but it's true.

JayTee
06-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Quick post all...Sarge's mission nearly complete. On return to base now (SO BUCKLE DOWN) but wanted to quickly share what I just saw at the airport around me. There is a whole platoon of new army recruits waiting to board the same plane. The Captain had an upgraded seat and he walked up to the podium and demanded to be seated with his men. "I want to sit with me men. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me!"

Not only do I salute these guys, but it obviously reminded me of our little virtual "platoon" and how great it is to check in with you all daily. If you all can put in the work every day, so can Sarge!

Live Laugh Love
06-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Girlfromstelle: Yes it is. Unfortunately I ended up eating chinese food last night, but only a little bit

Celrae: I also rarely lost weight when sick, plus TOM will be visiting this week which usually results in a water gain. I usually have a whoosh not long after though so hoping for that

K3: Good luck with your new job!!!!

Cheshirecat: I wish I could exercise outside more, but my body doesn't take the heat well as I don't really sweat that much so my body doesn't cool down effectively. Today it is 96, and feels like 98! When I used to work outside (zookeeper) I used to come very close to passing out due to the heat, no matter how much I hydrated.

Chickadee: Well, I was doing well until I ate the chinese last night. I didn't count calories, but I'm pretty sure I went over. I'm back on track today though. And congrats on the scale moving!

kneed2lose: It is a productive cough. It's all caused by my sinuses. I have extremely bad problems with them. The cough is better today, but the pressure in my head and ears is worse.

envelope: I will be starting C25K, as well as Jillian's 30 Day Shred, on Saturday (if this sinus infection is gone). I know it's going to be rough for me until I learn to better regulate my breathing.

So today was the kids' last day at school (they got out at 11:30). Teachers still have work until Friday then I'm off until August :) I'll only have summer classes 2 days per week, and the rest will be free time to exercise my butt-er off. I really can't wait to have a steady schedule this summer as during the school year it is crazy due to working full time and school full time. Well gotta run, it's time for the staff's 213 celebration where they will be pulling names for different prizes such like gift cards, and the main ones: several $100 gift cards and a few $500 gift cards!!!! Hoping for some good luck!!!

ihearthoney
06-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Hello all, quick check in.

Yesterday I did a short 15 min jog on the treadmill and then a zumba class where I tried to push myself as bes I could. I was sweating like a pig!

Tonight is my day off from the gym and had a nice evening with my honey. We ate a home cooked meal and then did our groceries. He kept dragging me into the junk food isle, undecided about what snack food he wanted to get, and then walking away empty handed. My murderous glares made him finally select his snack of choice.

At least he agrees with me that ice cream will have to wait til Saturday.

Tomorrow will be more jogging and zumba.

Have a great day everyone! :)

jojotheyoyo
06-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Quick post all...Sarge's mission nearly complete. On return to base now (SO BUCKLE DOWN) but wanted to quickly share what I just saw at the airport around me. There is a whole platoon of new army recruits waiting to board the same plane. The Captain had an upgraded seat and he walked up to the podium and demanded to be seated with his men. "I want to sit with me men. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me!"

Not only do I salute these guys, but it obviously reminded me of our little virtual "platoon" and how great it is to check in with you all daily. If you all can put in the work every day, so can Sarge!

We all kept working while you were gone. Good news here! I discovered that I have been walking faster (and further) than I thought! 5 Miles today! I could never have done it without the Platoon! :dizzy:

Resolute
06-02-2011, 02:45 AM
It's June 1st today, times up on my personal challenge, i failed to make it, weigh in today was 210, so i lost 40 pounds given the allotted 87 days, which is 3.2 pounds per week average.

Although i am somewhat dissapointed at not acheiving my goal i'm closer and closer to hitting it, revized plan is now hitting actual goal weight by July 1st, one month to lose 15 pounds, all i can do is try. :)

Still it's getting a little exciting being some major milestones approaching, no longer clinically obese, reaching onederland, hitting a years long goal, now is not the time to weaken, rather to drive ahead full out. I'm now wearing a belt with my size 38 jeans and am wearing size 36's as well, can't really complain.

Weekly miles are added 6.2 walking today and 3 biking, so 40.2 miles so far this week.

Still not feeling 100 %, glad everyone is pushing forward with such vigor. :hug:

JayTee
06-02-2011, 08:54 AM
GOOD MORNING BOOTS! SARGE IS BACK AND KICKING HIS OWN A** AND YOURS TODAY!

Per Reso's last post I think each of us can relate to something here "...major milestones approaching, no longer clinically obese, reaching onederland, hitting a years long goal, now is not the time to weaken, rather to drive ahead full out."

PLENTY OF TIME FOR SAY 6 or 7 LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS TO MAKE SURE WE MAKE GOAL!

PLEDGES 5/29-6/4

DCap = 2
dcap: 2
mcsr = 3
Tmil = 1

Maintainers:

Newbies:
IHeart = 1

Total platoon goal = 34.5

Sarge (62.67/116.33),
Pokey (27/41.5),
Kneed (9.3/23.3),
Celrae (9.72/22.58),
K3 (14.5/29.5),
Kendrab (9/29.5),
Chickadee (9.6/18.2),
Reso (64.5/128.9),
Cheshire (21/36.5),
MadamB (58.3/106.5),
Yoyo (18/32),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (6.2/16.2),
Bnhtla (10/19),
Tmil (6)
L3 (just joining)
Envelope (just joining)

BL Summer Challengers

Pokey -- 5K / July 4th

JayTee
06-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Reso--We're gonna throw one huge *** party here when you hit One-derland! And, you're gonna do it...what a remarkable achievement!

Yoyo--I'm really delighted that you're so into the Trek. I'm looking forward to our making The Golden Gate Bridge and then going back to see how far each person made it on their own. When you think about the miles you put in vs. walking across a state it's just kind of mind boggling to me to see how far we've all come!

girlfrom--love your humor..."junk food aisle the **** of grocery stores!"

Iheart--jog & zumba on! more "sweat like pig" and SLAP that husband for dragging you anywhere near junk food!

L3--Hope you're feeling better and won a gift card, but NOW you have the time to start making with the BUTT-er melting madness!

Courtney--Glad to see you post. Truly hoping you dig deep down to find that stick-to-it attitude that I know is in you!

Envelope--YES!!!! You've found your inner Sarge... "NO EXCUSES" push on!

Chesh-- hahahaha, "G rated public garden"... Trek on!

Pokey-- You made Sarge proud when you posted about lapping the others at "evaluation." I'm really looking forward to the Battle Royale between you and Girlfrom! I believe some serious weight is gonna be lost between that personal smackdown and the trash talk your husband was giving you a week ago. PROVE HIM WRONG GIRL!

MadamB -- Gooey, Gooey, Quite Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow? With Silver Bells & Cockle Shells, and pretty Zuchini all in a row?
Nice job on the treadmill! You absolutely can learn to love the treadmill so steal that 5 year old every now and then.

Rainbow-- Thanks for Surrogate Sarging with Gooey. How's that first week back at it going for you??? I have such high hopes for you in the BL Challenge!!!!

Kneed--What date are your board exams??? Keep getting at least a little exercise in to keep your head clear and stress low.

Celrae--Sarge has crawled aboard the no wine wagon with you! I shall be feeling your pain shortly!

Kendrab--While not a recent posting Sarge must admit he was secretly worried about your husband taking your scale. Between the extremely low calorie consumption a few weeks back, then your husband hiding scale because maybe you were obsessed with it, and the jerk making a comment which upset you I was worried you were going into some sort of tailspin. Focus on healthy...not all the other cr*p. I know, easier said than done. But truly, going too low, or losing too much too fast has serious consequences.

Chick, bnthla, Tmil and all the others I missed right now...hope all is well and that you continue to work hard!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes gang. Vegas was a blasty-blast...just the right amount of wrong, but the like the song says, "...the party's over...they've popped all the pretty balloons..."

Time for Sarge to hit the gym before all the celebrating turns his butt into one of those balloons!

Sarge

P.S. Leaving a smile on the face for a few out there...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/87/271321325_c9d332403a.jpg

Nice zucchini!

ihearthoney
06-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Um I just realised that I spelt 'junk food aisle' as "junk food ISLE" like it's some wonderful oasis resort in the middle of the desert or something...

This does not bode well.

Happy Thursday everyone! :)

Cheshirecat
06-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Welcome back Sarge, Sir!!
Good to hear Vegas was a blasting good time.

I got my butt up and out of the house by 6:15 am to beat the heat and put in a 4 mile run, plus 1 mile walk cool down.

I just ate some breakfast and once that settles it's onto round two. Lifting my weights and growing my muscles. Whooo!

L3-I so hear you on the heat. I live down here in the South too. I'm afraid to see what July will be like since we have already been hitting the high 90s and flirting with the 100s!! Oy!

PS:
I see your zucchini duck (very cute), and raise you a Loch Ness Zuchinni.

http://www.makeandtakes.com/wp-content/uploads/Zucchini-Monster-Face.jpg

peanutt
06-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Holy cow what a week. Sorry I've been MIA but I was throwing everything I had at the cold that knocked me down Sunday night. I HAD to be feeling better by last night because I went to U2. Amazing show! Anyways, I'll be back later to catch up on what everyone has been up to.

JayTee
06-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Peanutt-- I'd say about 95% of all runners always get a cold after a race. Recently noticed your siggy going lower and lower. WTG!

Chesh -- Check, and I raise you a Zuchchini Frog

http://www.artglass-pottery.com/images/4009281HomeGrownZucchiniFrog.jpg

HOP TO IT TROOPS!

MadamButterfly
06-02-2011, 10:56 AM
OH, LOVING THE ZUCCHINI ANIMALS :D

Ok, Day 3 of 5-year-old: Complete. I forgot to tell you all, this neighbor is the woman I bought Zumba for the Wii and would go over in the evening and do it with her, (this was several months back) then she got a cold and hasn't done the Wii since, UGH!!! . . . Now she complains that NONE of her shorts fit her and her house is WORSE THAN THE JUNK FOOD AISLE . . . Candy every where . . . m&m's, hershey bars, skittles, candy necklaces, gummie bears, oreos, chips ahoy, Doritos, chips, butterfingers, snickers, milky way, marshmallow peeps (from Easter) and JELLY BEANS <gulp> You name it, she's got it. We aren't talking a few bags, WE'RE TALKING EXTRA LARGE SIZED, SAM'S CLUB SIZED BAGS . . . I have been very strong, although I did eat 1/2 a scone yesterday . . . MUST RESIST TEMPTATION!!!!! This will truly be a test for me . . .

OK, I have been DREADING C25K, Week 6, Day 3 (running 25 minutes, all together in a row . . . :yikes: ) I was stressing over it all day yesterday, but when I got to the treadmill, I thought if I can't do it, then I try again on Saturday . . . I did decide to lower the mph though and: I DID IT, I DID IT AND I was thinking while I was running, that I would try to do an extra 100 seconds (10 x10) to complete my 10 extras for the week. Not only did I do the extra 100 seconds, but I actually ran 30 minutes, instead of 25 . . .

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO: C25K, Week 6, Day 3: COMPLETE :woohoo: Now off to the garden (yes Cheshire, TOTALLY G-rated in the Garden) :o

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!! Personals after I return from checking Zucchini

dcapulet
06-02-2011, 11:15 AM
morning platoon!

60 minutes in yesterday, no problem.

60 min today should be even easier now that it's not scorching hot/humid out.

dcap over and out.

VickieLou
06-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Sarge Belated :bday2:! Sounds like you had a Great time in Vegas!

I've gained back some weight. I weighed in at 227.8! I need to get back on plan so I don't gain any more! I'm done working with my personal trainer, so now I have to push myself. Good Luck, Everyone! Let's Melt some Butt-er!

rainbowsmiles
06-02-2011, 11:45 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2504/5790469540_97c9d6a160_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5790469540/)

welcome home sarge SiR!!! :drill:

JayTee
06-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks Rainbow! Nice new pic for you over there!

DCap, MadamB, Chesh -- Way to already get your workout done for day.
Sarge also done with "intended" workout. Now packing car for child #2 move and then doing the 3 flights up move in tomorrow (like Kendrab?) recently.

LET'S HEAR IT PLATOON. AWFULLY QUIET HERE. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY TOWARD YOUR GOAL WEIGHT???

envelope
06-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Sir, yes sir. :)

C25K w2d1 complete. Still pushing through.
Meals planned for the day.
10 diff vegis today.

I burned an all day total of 3006 calories yesterday. WooooooHooooo!

MadamButterfly
06-02-2011, 01:57 PM
OK, back from the garden check and the ZUCCHINI are fine and growing new leaves, sunflowers have sprouted, along with radishes, marigolds and corn. Green beans appear to just be peaking out of the dirt . . . All is good

OK, I'm on such a high after C25K . . . I'm pinging off the walls :carrot: :broc:

SARGE: UGH, I hate moving, but it will definitely BURN SOME BUTT-ER. Glad you had such a good time, but now it's time to pay the piper ;)

Rainbow: Sportin' a new pic :D I love the little umbrellas in the zucchini cars, did SARGE brings those back from the "mission" LOLOLOLOLOL

VickieLou: No more personal trainer, then it's really time to push yourself. I'm sure SARGE will be glad to :kickbutt: if you need one :)

dcap; Way to get that hour in, you'll be meltin' BUTT-er all over the place . . .

Peanut: :coffee: Hope you feel better. Do runners really get colds after a race ??? :?: Glad you had fun at the concert

Cheshire: OK, I ran 30 minutes today plus warm up and cool down . . . How do I get from a 5K to a 10K ??? (If I actually get to a 5K)

Iheart: Tooo funny about the isle and aisle . . . It should be ISLE and put all the junk food there . . . then it would be harder to get to ;)

yoyojojo: Way to trek those miles!!!

Reso: I so understand when you get a goal set in your mind and then you fall just short, but there is a saying that goes something like this: It is better to set your goals to high and not quite achieve them than to set them low and achieve them easily, otherwise how would you know how far you could have gone. Well, it's something like that. YOU SHOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF HOW FAR YOU'VE COME AND HOW HARD YOU'VE WORKED :hug: There are not many that could have done what you've done in such a short period of time . . . so now it's time to finish what you've started!!!!

Pokey: Oh I think girlfrom is SERIOUS . . . maybe it's a good thing you have the Boxing & Boot Camp . . . it will get interesting . . .

L3: You can come here for the summer, I think Pokey's coming too, I think the high today is supposed to be mid to upper 60's, bring a sweater or a bunny hug, you'll need it!!

Girlfrom: Way to throw that gauntlet down . . . it's going to be FUN!!! How did the workout go???

Kendrab: :hug: Just keep going and forget what ANYONE else says!!!!!!!

Envelope: Way to attack Week 2!!!!

SARGE: I was thinking yesterday that I would NEVER get used to that treadmill, but after running today . . . . ummmmmm, well I guess I like it a little bit :D Oh, I saw some zucchini pics, BUT . . . um, they definitely were NOT G-rated :o

LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS

RED & BLUE BL CHALLENGERS FIRST WEIGH-IN SUNDAY!!!

CourtneyDaisey
06-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Private Courtney reporting in Sarge! Sir, YES SIR!!!!

I just got back from a 15 minute walk on the treadmill at work on my lunch break. Two days in a row on the treadmill on my break! WOOT! I am getting back in the swing of things! :)

The yard didn't get mowed last but it wasn't due to laziness. The washer broke so we were all in the laundry room trying to figure out how to fix it. The machine is in parts in the floor right now but we think we have the correct part. Reassembly begins tonight! I am also going to try to leave the washer to the men in the house while I tackle the yard.

Live Laugh Love
06-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Iheard: I absolutely hate the junk food aisle, it is a very dangerous place for me. I avoid it at all costs, especially when my boyfriend is with me cuz he will want almost everything lol.

jojo: Congrats on walking faster and farther!!!

Resolute: 40 lbs is awesome!! Even though you didn't make your goal, that is an amazing loss.

Sarge: No luck here winning any money. I start C25K and 30 Day Shred on Saturday and I can't wait!!! I'm finally starting to feel better today, but I haven't been eating much as I seem to get nauseous about an hour after I eat. Oh, and I absoultely love the zucchini frog :)

Cheshire: I know, this heat is crazy! Now just hoping no storms will come this way this season.

Madambutterfly: Good job resisting all those sweets so far, and awesome job on the C25K! I'm really hoping it'll be easier than I remember lol. The weather up there sounds amazing. That is just slightly higher than our winter temps down here. I wish it would be like that all year long.

So, I'm finally starting to feel better and not cough as much but now I can't really eat too much without my stomach getting upset. The good thing is that doesn't affect my exercising, the cough was the problem with that. So Saturday is a definite go for exercise!!! I can't wait to start back up, I actually am starting to miss it.

JayTee
06-02-2011, 02:56 PM
WAY TO CHECK IN TROOPS! SARGE WANTS YOU TO WORK HARDER, not smarter, HARDER!

http://www.gsarchives.net/neogeo/king_of_fighters_2001/sprites/animated/Whip_whip.gif

tmil206
06-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Happy Belated B-Day Sarge, hope you had a great time in Vegas.

I'm so behind, I've been taking care of two sick kids this week plus hubby is not feeling that well either. Last night I did get out for my monthly book club meeting with the girls. The dinner served was Salmon (caught by my friends dad in Alaska), a green salad and fresh asparagus and peppers) So good and healthy.
Plus I completed C25K Week 2 Day 2!
Looks like everyone has been working hard this week, Keep it UP!

K3LL3Y
06-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Hello Everyone, Checking in!

Sorry for being quite new job and new commute are really messing with my computer time. I'm not used to the extra hour in the mornings and evenings to get to and from work. But I will not complain, I am very happy to have this job!

Got in my 2.5 mi but not the extras. I've been very struct with my nutrition though to make sure I'm keeping the balance. I'm doing a ton of walking between buildings at work though. I think I should get a pedometer so I can see how much I'm really moving around in a day. It's much more then I ever used to that's for sure.

Gotta get in those last minute workouts tomorrow and Saturday. First weigh in Sunday for Biggest Loser. Go Red Team!!!

JayTee
06-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Keep checking in troops! Don't make Sarge come find you. Only 3 days til weigh in!

Trekkers--We're probably at the 700 mile mark, Sunday Creek Road in Ohio where tomorrow it will be 81 & partly cloudy. Here's the trail we're currently on:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6dkNB4Wu5vU/S9hwici-XWI/AAAAAAAAA4c/kLjd6oJTOcQ/s1600/Ohiopyle_hiking_trail.jpg

Thank god there's shade! Did anyone pack extra deodorant?

Cheshirecat
06-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Oh my goodness, I don't even want to tell you the smelly mess I am when I get back from running. My running clothes always have a funky smell to them after a run or two, or three (haha, yes I wear my running clothes for a few workouts when it's just me).

Errr, sorry, TMI---Sarges' deodorant comment just brought that to mind and I had to share. LOL. Love the trail picture, I would so be on that.

Anyhoo. Round two, lifting weights went good. I need to find myself a barbell if I keep with this. I'll look around until I find a good deal. But I have to say my legs were sore a twinge. Rather happy tomorrow is Rest Day!

MadamB-That house is a giant booby-trap!!! Danger, danger. But you can do it. Use the treadmill and forget about the rest! You can't scarf down candy if you are sweaty mess after a treadmill workout, they just don't taste good!

Way to go on 30 minutes! Whooohoooo!

And do not fear, once you got the 5k under your belt and feeling strong, there is always more fun to be had. (I would stick with running 30 minutes/3 miles for a bit until you really are comfortable with it)

10k Plans
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/145.shtml

Scroll near the end of the page, there is a heading for After C25k, 10k and Beyond
http://www.c25k.com/

One Hour Runner (Ahhh, double the fun!)
http://mindplunge.com/c25k/one-hour-runner.html

Oh yes, there are LOTS of other things out there for directionless new runners to stumble upon and get sucked into our world. MUWHAHAHA.

And to continue playing with food:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9Rvja8EUQNE/TLcY99aKLhI/AAAAAAAABqc/wmDxX6kOcos/s400/2008_09+005b.JPG

CourtneyDaisey
06-02-2011, 11:03 PM
WAY TO CHECK IN TROOPS! SARGE WANTS YOU TO WORK HARDER, not smarter, HARDER!

http://www.gsarchives.net/neogeo/king_of_fighters_2001/sprites/animated/Whip_whip.gif

WHIP IT! INTO SHAPE! That song is so going to be stuch in my head now! :rofl:

I mowed the front yard tonight! It took an hour and a half. No riding mower here folks. We just have a push mower. I definitely got in plenty of exercise tonight!

Tomorrow...let's hit that treadmill one more time at work!!!! And we'll see about getting the back yard mowed tomorrow night! :)

celrae
06-03-2011, 12:24 AM
For me this is not getting easier and it is a lot of work. I finally realized why I am doing this. I want to be a good example of healthy living for my 9 yr. old girls. For me this is about accountability and balance. Too tired to type any more. Thanks for the support.

Monday- 5.33 miles
My B-Day and no wine. Had a very nice party Sun. and it was time to get back to business. Doing well with my Low Carb plan.

Tuesday- 3.01
Walked and walked, while I was at my girls softball game. It was nice to keep busy. A very long day and it was hard to stay on my eating plan. No wine.

Wednesday- 3.68
I had a planed glass of wine with a neighbor and then went for a long walk. Very tired but, made a nice dinner.

Thursday - 5.22
Trying to do everything and I am falling short in some areas. A 9 hour work day, standing (I should have done 1 hour of paper work tonight), making dinner (check), grocery shopping (check), logging my progress (check), exercising (check), being a good parent (check), attending the girls softball game (not even for 1 min.).

Total 17.22 miles this week

bnhtla06
06-03-2011, 12:34 AM
I finally broke through the wall I've been hitting with c25k. I have been having a really hard time with running 25-28 minutes straight. So today, I decided to do sprinting intervals instead of worrying about the whole 28 minutes (got the idea from one of Cheshire's earlier posts). It was awesome! After the sprint, the slower intervals felt easy-I did 30 minutes without even realizing it, covered more distance, and burned more calories than when I tried the steady-pace method. I think boredom was my biggest problem. I know this is a weird thing to count as accomplishment, but I produced enough sweat to make a big, visible wet spot on the back of my shirt! I'm strangely proud of my damp tee :)

Resolute
06-03-2011, 01:29 AM
Celrae : Happy belated birthday, it's admirable you want to set an example for your children but you really need to do this for yourself first and foremost, i find most of my own birthdays have been tragic days of retrospect, this year i will have something to stand tall and proud for.

You can't be all things to everyone, you have a priority in your life right now and it really should come first, living a longer and healthier life will more than make up for any missed time in the interim, staying busy is a great way to keep the metabolism going and prevents idle snacking. I really like how you are taking one day at a time because that is truly the only way to move forward. :hug: Best each day as it comes. I know how tiring it can be... trust me.

Another day nearly wrapped here, just trying to keep accountable, i'm sorry that i'm still so distant, having a hard time breaking free from negativety this round, still i refuse to fall, each day i push through and stay the course at any and all cost.

Walked 6.2 miles today and biked 9.2... total (15.4)

Week total ( 55.6 )

All the determination and strength i can muster i wish upon everyone of you.

chickadee32
06-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Good evening, everyone. :)

Sorry that I've not been around much, am still just feeling kind of blah. Nothing to do with weight though, and I'm doing ok, just not super energetic. Calories have been on target though, and I got to the gym tonight. Good thing I did for my weight loss today: I bought an ipod shuffle. :) I'd been having trouble with the ipod on my iphone, and the lack of music made me really grumpy during my workout the other night. (The lack of AC in the gym might have had something to do with it too, lol) Tonight I was back to happy on the treadmill again. :) For my "10" today, I increased the speed on the treadmill by 0.10 for my entire workout. Ok, I know it's a weak association, but it was something!

celrae: I'm sorry I somehow missed it on Monday, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :celebrate: I'm sorry you're still struggling; I don't have children, but I definitely feel the stress sometimes of trying to get it all done without dropping any one responsibility. You're doing a great job. :hug:

I will be around tomorrow night to do more personals, but tonight I need to get some more work and laundry done before bed. Have a great Friday, everyone. :)

celrae
06-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Resolute & chickadee32- Thanks for reading. Your feedback is just what I needed. I think our family is doing very well with all the changes. :)

Peanut- My weight is up, who knows. I have some good information from podcast that I will incorporate next week if there is no change. Listening to the Cut The Fat PodCast was her suggestion.

Sarge- Also, I wanted to point out that our troop is very motivated and positive thanks to Sarge's leadership. We are truly blessed to be surrounded by such good people. All of us will have better and lasting results due to our participation.

CourtneyDaisey
06-03-2011, 08:44 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!!

I hope everyone has a productive and great day. Why? Well first of all...IT'S FRIDAY!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: Who doesn't love Fridays? LOL! And second...weigh in is just around the corner!!!! So be productive! Put down the soda and pick up the water! Get off your butt-er and get moving!! And have a fantastic day!

As for me, I am going to be hitting the office treadmill again during my lunch break and planning to finish mowing the back yard tonight! Today I plan to REALLY load up on the water before going home to the yard though. I think I got a bit dehydrated last night. It was so stinkin' hot outside! I'll be more prepared for the heat tonight!

JayTee
06-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Ruh-Oh Scooby Doo, pass the Platoon Prozac!

Reso--I'm sorry you're having a tough time. Hopefully a few days of continuous sunlight will help soon! I also know you WILL soldier thru this current round because you've got your site set and your mind wrapped around the right goals!

Celrae--Happy belated birthday! Thanks for your recent post. I do enjoy maintaining this thread and it seems like every other week one or two super motivated people join us and wind up sticking around for awhile. Posting frequently and feeling like you'd be missed if you don't check in really does seem to make people feel more accountable. The other enjoyable aspect is the humor here. I know I've said it before, but I think many people get the reputation of being kind of crabby when dieting but thanks to the fine folk in this platoon I believe we're smashing that stereotype. Also, sorry you're having a tough time juggling everything in your life... I can only add to what others have said:

--it will get easier. When you've done something for three weeks, it tends to become "habit," and you don't think about it as something you MUST do, but rather something you enjoy.
--parenting is never, ever easy, but the rewards are immense. Our children (23 & 20) are our best friends and I can't tell you the number of times we've laughed about how bad we were as parents. Even when you're totally harried, try to enjoy the minutes you do have to spend with your kids. They'll be all growed up before you know it.

Bnthla -- WET T-SHIRT CONTEST!!!!!! Nicely done on that run! Chesh is reeling in the runners...soon she'll have all you c25Kers running 1/2 marathons!

Courtney--YAY! Is that 3x in a row of afternoon workout delight?

Chesh--I see your triceratop zucchini. I'm feeling the need to officially declare Zucchini War on you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLoSM5FgaBg&feature=related And, finally Trekkers...now we know the source of that "funky smell" ... :)

K3--Happy to hear you're moving around those buildings! Better than sitting at a desk all day!

To all those struggling I share this...please, please keep going. Unless you've been at your goal weight in the past you have no idea how great it feels to walk miles at a time and not even notice it, to climb stairs without huffing and puffing, to purposely park far from a store and practically bounce in cause you feel so good, to fit in that airline seat with ease, to pull on and button those skinny jeans without lying down on the bed, sucking it in and praying for a miracle. Feeling great is SO worth the struggle. Don't give up!

Sarge must now hit gym...must lose the +8 Vegas gain before bringing shame to the platoon!

GET AT IT TROOPS!!! MELT BUTT-er & Gobs of sweaty goo!

Cheshirecat
06-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Platoon and Happy Friday!

Bnh-Whooo! Way to go finding something that will work for you!! Running is part (a big part) mental! Congrats on your breakthrough.

Chickadee-Great job with the extra 10! Every little bit counts and I think it's the little steps that really make us succeed.

Courtney--You take that grass down. And yeah, water, water and more water since you are outside for so long in this Southern heat.

Calrae-Happy Belated Birthday! You are doing good, just keep at it! Consistency is the key. So even if one part of the day doesn't go perfectly on plan, there's always the next hour or day.

Sarge- Zucchini War!!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/41355575_f4245a12e8.jpg

envelope
06-03-2011, 09:49 AM
My daughters last day of K is today, I am looking foward to all of the kids being out of school for the summer, although my son has another week. I am planning on making the most of my kid free time today before their class promotion performance this afternoon. Off to sip some coffee on the deck, then heading out to do w2d2.

MadamButterfly
06-03-2011, 11:13 AM
OK, Day 4 of Project 5-year-old: Complete, at least I won't have to get up at 6:00 on Sat and Sun. I was in the Junk Food House Island from HE** and managed to get out unscathed . . . whew!!!! (I didn't even look at the jelly beans) Just 3 days next week

Celrae: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SORRY IT'S LATE, I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT ONE!!!

Cheshire: Spurring on the battle between Girlfrom and Pokey . . . I was wondering where that smell was coming from . . . too funny you wear your running clothes a few days, when I get home from running or bike riding I strip my sweaty clothes and throw it all in the washer . . . )

Pokey: Boxing today???? Just remember that gauntlet that Girlfrom threw down and REMEMBER YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Girlfrom: I think you are a Battling Bruiser . . . I'm just glad you didn't throw that gauntlet at me :D . . .

Reso: Sorry you're still in a funk . . . I hope it passes soon :hug:

Peanut: Is the cold better???? Do runners really get colds after races???

Bnh: Congrats on C25K, you must be a week or two ahead of me . . . I just ran my first 25 minutes all together in a row, BUT I am SLOOOOOOOW!!!

Envelope: Way to take advantage of being kid free!!! MELT THAT BUTT-er

Courtney: Taking on the treadmill in heels and a skirt . . . ok, maybe not in heels and a skirt, but :woohoo:

chickadee: I need music to run too. It makes such a BIG difference

Reso: :hug: OK, I just thought you might need another :hug: :)

SARGE: Oh, only 8 pounds, you'll be able to work that off in no time . . .

K3: Hope that new job isn't wearing you down too much . . . great to be moving the whole time though, it sure makes the time go by faster

Tmil: WTG on C25K, I know you need to take care of kids & hubby, but make sure you are taking care of YOU FIRST . . .

I did the treadmill again, only 15 min running, but at 5.3 mph . . . OMG, it seems sooooo fast . . . I told you I run SLOOOOW . . . I'm going to try to run everyday, even if it's only 15 min on my "off" running days . . .

OK, I have been researching info for my garden, (I really want something to grow, anything and I've never had a garden so . . .) I was reading about my pumpkins and it seems there is a shortage of bees and I may have to "HAND POLLINATE" my pumpkins . . . WHAT!!!!! :devil: :o SERIOUSLY, that's what it said . . .

LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS, NOW!!!!!!

CourtneyDaisey
06-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks folks! :cheer:

I am about to head for the treadmill now! Trying to get in...30 minutes today!

CourtneyDaisey
06-03-2011, 01:44 PM
I am back from the office gym. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and an additional 10 minutes on the stationary bike! :cheer:

JayTee
06-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Excellent news Courtney!!!

I want to hear an update on the battle royale between Pokey & Girlfrom... let's hear it ladies. How are your weeks going? Who will win round 1????

pokeycactus
06-03-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm here!!! I'm dragging my BUTT-er, but I'm here. I'm already down 1.6 pounds this week from 206 to 204.4 - how're you doing, GirlfromStelle????

You guys, I'm wiped out. Today was Biggest Loser bootcamp (which, so far, has been easier than boxing! Who knew!). I got to be proud again when I was able to lift the most weight in the class. It's a bit of a confidence booster when, for the first time, I'm the fittest person in a class. This isn't to say that I'm not going to push and push hard, but it does feel nice to be the fittest person for once! :)

Tomorrow is my first Saturday boxing and third boxing class overall....woooot!

The early morning wake-ups and going right to an intense workout plus an intense workload took their toll this week.

But, Sarge, you'd be proud of me - yesterday, even AFTER I boxed in the am - I was going to have some "me" time before husband came home and was soooooo tempted to curl up with a glass of wine and the last two episodes of Grey's Anatomy that I had yet to see. But I had your "voice" in my head, and instead, I rode the stationary bike for 60 minutes, added 12 miles to my weekly tally, and watched Grey's. No wine! No sitting on my big butt! Victory!

CourtneyDaisey
06-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Wow pokey! :cheer: AWESOME JOB!!!!! :dance: :dance:

JayTee
06-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Awwww Pokey...you make Sarge weep tears of joy!!!! Isn't it amazing how far you can go in a one hour tv episode (minus commercials). We should should design tv sets which are powered by exercise...not pay-er-view, pedal to view! We'd make millions! I've watched entire seasons on reality tv from the stairmaster, treadmill & bike. Now you know why I only like to exercise indoors! With everything you've done this week I say you've dropped 4 by Sunday!

Hear that Girlfrom?!?!?!

Whew...only another hour ten before COCKTAILS!!!!

pokeycactus
06-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Sarge - I'm definitely going to do that from now on. With the exception of the Bachelor/ette (shameface, but I LOVE this franchise), I watch everything online anyway, and Husband has hooked up the computer to the tv, and has now moved the bike into the living room. Instead of sitting on my big butt while watching my stories, why not pedal away!?

I hope I've dropped 4 by Sunday! Definitely going to be having a drink or two this evening...it's been another long, liquor-free week! :)

pokeycactus
06-03-2011, 06:07 PM
But don't get any ideas Pokey! This race is still on, and if I need a little extra momentum or a freakin' jet pack, I'm gonna win!!!

Girlfrom - Thanks for the congrats...and...in the spirit of friendly competition...you are NOT going to win. I AM. :devil:

JayTee
06-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Ahahahahaha... love this platoon! In the spirit of (ahem) "friendly competition" is why we started this thread in the first place... can just see Pokey & Girlfrom's gloves coming off already!

Yeah, and why is it the weeks seem so long when no drinking is involved??? Hmmmm, I better go read that 12-step brochure again.

Has anyone seen MadamB or is she still in her garden self pollinating her pumpkins?;)

3 LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS TIL WEIGH IN!!!!!!

pokeycactus
06-03-2011, 06:33 PM
I think self-pollinating pumpkins is the dirtiest one yet.

CourtneyDaisey
06-03-2011, 06:42 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dcapulet
06-03-2011, 10:12 PM
hi platoon!

I've been op with diet and workouts - hope to post that -2lb tomorrow!

Resolute
06-04-2011, 12:48 AM

LOL, my mom showed me how to self pollinate pumpkins when i was a little boy, way before i would think anything untoward of it, i remember i used to do it all the time. :D

MadamB : LOL, :hug::hug::hug::hug:http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/715/heartwml.gif

Another long day, only walked 6.2 miles so 61.8 this week and counting.

chickadee32
06-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Evening, all. :)

So, I left work early today and went shopping, because I just couldn't handle the stress of work for another few hours and I really needed to find a dress for the conference dinner coming up in a few weeks. And I bought a dress... and it's leopard print. :eek: I don't know yet if I have the courage to wear it. My husband seemed to like it though, lol. :o (This is the dress: http://www.ralphlauren.com/graphics/product_images/pPOLO2-10216236_standard_v360x480.jpg). The best part, I think, was that I shopped for it in the regular (rather than plus size) part of the store. :D Other news from today... got to the gym and did a strength workout plus a bit of cardio, calories are just under 1057 today so far with nearly 100g protein, and this morning my weight passed the halfway point on my ticker. :)

Sarge: No worries about me giving up, at any point. :) Even when I'm in a funk I'm still very committed to losing this weight, and that committment hasn't flagged even a tiny bit. Speaking of airline seats... I am flying overseas in 2 weeks, and am really looking forward to being a bit more comfortable (still relative on a 9 hour flight) in my seat. Hope your drink was enjoyable tonight!

Resolute: Gosh, only 61.8 so far?? ;) Thinking about you. :hug:

dacpulet: Hope the weigh-in goes well for you. :)

girlfromstelle: With all you're doing, you'll have that small gain off in no time. The important thing is that you're sticking with it. :hug:

pokey: Glad the class went so great! It sounds like both of them will be a lot of achey fun for you this summer. :)

Courtney: Way to fit it in! Wherever you can get it, it's a help.

MadamB: The music makes a HUGE difference. I hadn't even realized until I didn't have it. Tonight was the first time I got to listen to music during my strength workout too, as the little thing clips right onto my clothes. Loved it. Great job on your long run the other day!! And be careful around those pumpkins... you don't want them to get the wrong idea... :lol:

K3LL3Y: I'm glad to hear that you've been able to stay so on target with the new job this week! It's great that you can develop those work-mode healthy habits right from the start with this new position; they'll be easier to stick to that way!

bnhtla: Great job with the C25K!! I bet it feels awesome to move past that previous block. :)

peanutt: I hope you're feeling better! :hug:

cheshire: Thanks the info on NROL! I may pick it up at some point. I like the lifting routine I'm doing now and it incorporates some of the same exercises, but I will probably want to change it up a bit at some point. I am curious too about how much weight I *should* be able to lift, but have no idea how to assess that. I am definitely still preserving muscle and hopefully still gaining some, but I really have no idea. I DO know that my biceps are super sore tonight, lol. Anyway, I hope the workouts go well for you!

I'm sure I missed a bunch of people - sorry! I'll be more present this weekend. :)

CourtneyDaisey
06-04-2011, 09:01 AM
chickadee - LOVE that dress!!!! You are going to look smokin' hot in that! :cheer: You go girl!!!!

GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!

Rise and shine! You all know what today is, right? LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!!! Tomorrow we have to face Sarge and fess up with the scale. Is it going to be a good meeting or are you going to be feeling very small for not doing your part? I am aiming to do well today and make my weigh in go in the right direction!

My husband has the car today. Why? Because the washing machine is fixed and I don't have to haul all my clothes to my mom's!!!! :cb: :cb: :cb: I am so excited that it's fixed! I was scared to death that I was going to have to go buy a new one. So, since I have no car I am stuck at home all day. That means I have to find physical activity that I can do at home. So...hmmm...besides doing the laundry...I think maybe I'll be getting together with Leslie Sansone on my DVD player for some Walk Away the Pounds this afternoon with my ceiling fan on high. :)

Have a wonderful and productive day!!!!

JayTee
06-04-2011, 09:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT8FAm3TQ-M

TIME FOR THE FINAL PUSH TROOPS! LAST, LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS! LAST CHANCE TO LOSE THOSE MEMORIAL DAY POUNDS! GET OUT THERE AND DO IT!!!!

Courtney--Love the enthusiasm. Enjoy your date with Leslie this afternoon.

Chick -- LOVE THE DRESS!!!! Wear it! Wear it! Wear it!

Reso-- So many hugs for MadamB! You'll make her day when she checks in! :) Feeling better?

Pokey & Girlfrom -- hahahaha. I just looked at the BL weigh-in thread. You two are actually posted right next to each other so it's gonna be SO easy to see who is ahead each week. This is gonna be so much fun to watch for the next few weeks. Buwhahahahaha.

Dcap--Nice work! Love your posts... I did it. Done!

Sarge off to add a few more miles to his measly total for the week.

envelope
06-04-2011, 09:43 AM
I sure wish I burned more calories doing laundry, since I have a ton I need to do.

I have been on target all week and am looking foward to tomorows weigh in. I will be converting my intentional steps to miles tomorow, I think I will end up over 15 miles.

My fingers are feeling a bit bloated today, so I will make sure I drink a ton of water...maybe that will help bring the weight down even further. :)

Cheshirecat
06-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Happy Morning to All!

5 mile run done. Plus 1 mile walk cool down. Except for a slight twinge in my left knee it was great! I got out before the sun and the humidity got together to steam bake me.

Chickadee-How much weight is a mystery to me too. I'm trying to figure it out by the trail and error method. LOL. I put some on (I have the dumbbells you can change out the weights) and go through the set and readjust from there. I 'm going to go with the thought that if I can push out the last rep still maintaining form but would be hard press to do another set then it's the right weight.

And that dress is absolutely awesome! You should definitely rock it!

Courtney-YAY for a fixed washer!!

peanutt
06-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Away on a special mission in the mountains this weekend. It's tough work but someone has to do it!

Lost 1.8 lbs this week.
Pledge 1 lb for next week.
Can't remember how many km trekked because I didn't update my signature faithfully!

dcapulet
06-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Sarge - love the youtube!

Envelope - 15 miles! awesome!

Chesire - way to be on it! Humidity is awful so props to you!

peanutt - good luck on the mission ;)

Me - married 6 years strong today, off to MD to see some friends, and down 3.7 for the week!

Pledging 2lbs for next week sir!

Enjoy the weekend platoon!

MadamButterfly
06-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Just a quickie

Went running/walking this am . . . will go check mileage on my bike, then a bit of biking, but my DA*N speedometer/mileage thingy refused to work so I loaded the bike on the car and went to the bike shop . . . UGH, it was an easy fix so I'm set to go AGAIN . . .

Picture perfect day, it's suppose to be 80, low humidity and almost no wind. So I'm stuffing my face, then off to rack up some miles as almost all my miles were walking/running this week

Peanut: Have a GREAT time!!!

Chickadee: GREAT DRESS!!!

Cheshire: Always amazes me when you post miles . . . i can't even run 3 miles . . . YET . . . but maybe soon

Pokey: Pollinating pumpkins . . . OMG my mind went into the gutter SOOOO FAST . . . :lol3:

Reso: Sending me lots of hugs and a heart, hmmmmmmmm, maybe you can help me hand pollinate my pumpkins . . . I mean you are experienced and you could guide my hand, so I do it right . . . :rofl: . . . OH, SOOOOOOO FUNNY IN MY OWN HEAD!!!

SARGE: Trying to keep it G-rated, but with Pokey posing pantsless and hand pollinating pumpkins . . . ummmmmmmm, well virtually IMPOSSIBLE :D

OK, replenished on the food, will grab a new water bottle and off to trek some bike miles

celrae
06-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I sure wish I burned more calories doing laundry, since I have a ton I need to do.

I have been on target all week and am looking foward to tomorows weigh in. I will be converting my intentional steps to miles tomorow, I think I will end up over 15 miles.

My fingers are feeling a bit bloated today, so I will make sure I drink a ton of water...maybe that will help bring the weight down even further. :)

Do Air Squats between loads and walk up and down stairs that will keep the heart going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1FpWEfJW1s

pokeycactus
06-04-2011, 03:38 PM
MadamB - definitely no G Rating around here....but you make me just howl with laughter. Now all I can think about is pantsless pollinating... :rofl: I can't read your posts when I have downtime in public anymore because then people think I'm just crazy. Your weather sounds awesome!!! We're set to hit 105 today, but zip on the humidity. I love love love this time of year!

Chick - holy smokes girl! That's an awesome dress!!! I love it. And congrats on buying in the regular section!!! That always feels awesome.

Courtney - hooray on the washer being fixed!!! Ours broke last summer, and it was a catastrophe (at least in my mind). Princess Pantsless Pokey does not like laundromats. :D

DCap - Happy, happy anniversary!!!!

Reso - No "only" in front of the 6.2 miles. That's still a lot!!! Hoping for sunshine for you today!!!!

Girlfrom - I'm digging the Rocky Carrot. He can be the official mascot of our Epic Battle Royale :carrot:

Sarge - Oh yes, first class smackdown. Or is it throwdown?! Girlfrom and I are going to be BUTT-er melting machines!!!

I had my first Saturday boxing class this morning. I loved it. So far, it's been one-on-one with the trainers, and I'm finally starting to pick up on some of the techniques. The trainers also incorporate a full workout BEFORE you even start boxing...so let me just say that I want to punch pushups in the face. I was pouring with sweat this morning before they even gloved me up! But I loved it. So, so, so fun. I'm super super sore though, but even that feels good!!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday!!!!

CourtneyDaisey
06-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Pokey - I don't do laundromats either! :D

I braved the heat and mowed the back yard today! WOOT! My yard looks fantastic! Then Brenna and I played in her wading pool. We took the pool and put it where the slide would slide into it. Then I turned the hose on to make it a water slide. She loved sliding into the cold water and having me pushing her on the swingset! LOL! So between mowing, the pool, and pushing the swings I got in three hours of exercise this morning! :cheer:

dcapulet
06-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks Pokey! Boxing sounds fun - is it something new for you, or something you've done in the past?

My workout is done- I'm going to indulge a bit on the anniversary dinner, but I'm still going op and not letting a little celebration sway my efforts. :)

JayTee
06-04-2011, 07:24 PM
DCap--Happy Anniversary!
Peanutt--Enjoy your super secret mountain mission!
Courtney--Can't wait to see your numbers this week!! Big week!!!!
Pokey--You're posing such a huge threat to Girlfrom!!!! That boxing sounds awesome!
Celrae--thanks for that youtube squat video. If Sarge got down that far, he'd never get back up! lol!
MadamB--like Pokey said, we just can't read your posts in public anymore, but sooooo look forward to them!

Results starting to creep in...

PLEDGES 5/29-6/4

Sarge = Gain less than 10! /// +4 birthday pounds, no biggie
DCap = 2
Peanut: 1.5 /// (-1.8)
dcap: 2 /// (-3.7)
mcsr = 3
Tmil = 1

Maintainers:

Newbies:
IHeart = 1

Total platoon goal = 34.5

PLEDGES WEEK 6/5-6/12

Sarge = 4
DCap = 2
Peanutt = 1 & Super Secret Mission

Sarge (62.67/116.33),
Pokey (27/41.5),
Kneed (9.3/23.3),
Celrae (9.72/22.58),
K3 (14.5/29.5),
Kendrab (9/29.5),
Chickadee (9.6/18.2),
Reso (64.5/128.9),
Cheshire (21/36.5),
MadamB (58.3/106.5),
Yoyo (18/32),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (6.2/16.2),
Bnhtla (10/19),
Tmil (6)
L3 (just joining)
Envelope (just joining)

BL Summer Challengers

Pokey -- 5K / July 4th

JayTee
06-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Sarge off at crack of dawn tomorrow on cross country trek. Don't forget to leave your info like this...

+4 / pledge -4 / weekly miles trekked = 18.69

Catch you all tomorrow night from beautiful Mitchell, South Dakota! Happy weigh-ins!

CourtneyDaisey
06-04-2011, 08:22 PM
MadamB - You can't really expect me to believe you're trying to keep it G rated with a starter line in your post that says "just a quickie" right? ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hmmm....does THAT count as exercise? ;)

Sarge - I can't wait to see the numbers too! :D I am stoked!

MadamButterfly
06-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Evening all,

Courtney; quickies ABSOLUTELY count as exercise, I believe we found a website that tells you how many calories you burns depending on where and position . . .

Dcap: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Enjoy the evening !!!! :balloons:

OK, maybe I'll try to make things PG . . . BUT X is sooooooooooooooo FUN :D

Pokey and Girlfrom dukin' it out: punching, pinching and pollinating . . . (oh, no, no, no pollinating) <snickering> You two crack me up . . . I have a feeling there will be hair pulling, cracked ribs and black eyes to tend to before all is said and done . . . ok, maybe not that violent . . . but it WILL be a good time, at least for those watching :D

OK, I had to have BURNED some BUTT-er today, More than 20 miles today with walking, jogging and biking . . . at least my treking numbers look a bit better, Reso I don't know how you walk so many miles, I can't even come close to that without adding bike miles . . .

GARDEN UPDATE: Stopped by this afternoon and the zucchini was looking a little limp so I gave it some TLC & water . . . looking much better and perkier now. Sunflowers, green (bush) beans, onions, cilantro, marigolds and snap peas are all peaking their heads out of the ground . . . I'm sooooo excited, I've never had a veggie garden

WEIGH-INS TOMORROW!!!

OK, I'm BEAT . . . off to bed and it's only 8:30 . . . maybe I'm getting OLD

More personals tomorrow . . . ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

celrae
06-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Enjoy Bonnaroo, I am a big music fan and very jealous. Great ideas so far.

pokeycactus
06-04-2011, 11:33 PM
YOU'RE GOIN' DOWN, POKEY!

Girlfrom - ohhhhh no, I'm not. You'll be watching my toned BUTT-er cross the finish line just before yours!!!! :carrot: How's that for smack talk!? :D Also, non-battle related, I saw you're a journalism student - I have a degree in journalism and now work in medical marketing and research, which involves a ton of writing. I happen to think writing is one of the best occupations out there :D And, I'd take baby carrots and celery with you - there's something refreshing about celery when it's hot out. Also, crackers maybe? Get a little carb and a little crunch with your other stuff.

DCap - I just started boxing on Tuesday, actually. It's a class offered through Parks and Rec, $60 for 30 classes. Can't beat the price! And the workouts are fantastic. I was a little apprehensive because Saturday is one of the boxing session days, but I bounced right out of bed and was excited to get to my session this morning, so apprehension be gone! I hope your anniversary is going great so far :)

MadamB - veggie gardens are fun on top of being excellent fodder for dirty jokes. We've been eating tomatoes, cilantro, bell peppers, jalapenos, and zucchini (:devil:) out of ours so far. Yet to arrive are the artichokes and watermelons....but I can't wait till they get here. This is the first year I've attempted growing veggies in a desert climate, but apparently it can be done!

Sarge - you drive carefully! Can't wait to hear from you in South Dakota! :)

As for me, I'm going to go watch some tv with Husband and likely fall asleep at 8 pm. Looooong week. :)

chickadee32
06-05-2011, 03:23 AM
Busier day than I thought it would be today; we had dinner plans with my best friend and her husband, and both before and after that visit we ran all over creation doing my husband's work stuff. So much for the 10 min at one place and 30 min at another that my husband told me it would be... all told, his work tasks ate up more than 6 hours of my day! We just got home about an hour ago. :mad: But dinner was fun and my friend and I went on a nice 2.5 mile walk after the meal, and while waiting on my husband in the freezing cold data center I did squats, lunges, wall push-ups, calf raises, some isometric exercises, some balance exercises and a lot of stretching to keep myself warm. I looked like an idiot, but at least I got in some decent exercise today. :) Scale was up this morning from the strength workout last night, but hopefully I'll be back down for weigh-in tomorrow.

girlfromstelle: My thoughts automatically go to cold salads and cooked, sliced meats that taste good cold. Edamame salad; tomato, cucumber, red onion and feta salad; a vinegar/oil based pasta salad (you could use whole wheat pasta) w/ raw veggies; bulgur salad (like the recipe I posted in this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/234357-any-suggestions-low-cal-but-tasty-potluck-dish.html) - things like that which can be packed in tupperware, will keep well in a cooler, and can be easily served or eaten right out of the container. Any of these could be eaten with sliced grilled chicken, steak, lamb or pork, which should also keep well in a cooler. I agree with baby carrots and another favorite raw veggie is zucchini; you could bring some hummus or baba ghannouj to go with them. Whole wheat pitas would be good - fill one with one of the prepared salads and some sliced meat, and you'd have a great meal. On fruit, maybe add some apples, as those travel well. Gazpacho would also be great in a cooler; it will taste super refreshing in that hot weather. Just some ideas. :) Have a great time at the festival!

MadamB: LOL, I love how you give that zucchini of yours so much attention, and write about it with such a straight face! And you did some serious working out today... I need to learn how to develop that kind of energy!

dcapulet: Happy Anniversary! I hope dinner was really enjoyable for you. :) I think I remember that you live in VA, correct? Funny, you were in MD today and I was in VA (our friends live in Sterling).

Courtney: Sounds like you had a fabulous (and active!) Saturday! I'm glad it was so much fun, and productive with the lawn!

pokey: Woohoo on the boxing!! It just dawned on me today why your classes are at 6am... it would be too dang hot there to do that stuff later in the day!

peanutt and Sarge: I hope both of you have fabulous trips!

cheshire: That's pretty much how I've been assessing too. If I'm struggling through the last few, especially in the second set, then the weight is probably good. I really like the lifting... one day, when I'm done losing weight, I'd really like to eat/workout with an eye toward muscle gain, and see what I can really do.

envelope: I always know I'm retaining water when I wake in the morning and my fingers/hands are asleep. The water should definitely help some!

Thanks, all, for the nice comments on the dress. :) If I have the courage to keep & wear it, I'll see if I can get a decent photo of it while at the dinner. (I definitely won't look as good in it as the model though, lol)

Good luck with weigh-ins tomorrow, everyone, and have a great Sunday!

K3LL3Y
06-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Good Morning Platoon!
Just checking in before going grocery shopping for the week.
I am down my 2lbs for this week!
I got in 8 miles for our trek across country.

Today we are going to plant our vegetable garden. We probably could have started earlier but as you all know I have been MIA the last few weekends. First week at the new job has gone okay so far. I'm glad to be working again. Hope everyone has had an awesome week and I look forward to reading all your check ins. Even if I'm not writing as much I'm still following what everyone is saying :)

CourtneyDaisey
06-05-2011, 08:50 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!

Well, I faced the scale. And guess what? I lost 3.8 pounds this week!!!!! I weighed in at 249.6 today! Goodbye 250's (again)!!!!!!

I am stoked! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Okay...Sarge, for next week...

This week: -3.8
Next week's pledge: 2
Can I join the miles trekked across America group? If so, I pledge 10 miles!

K3LL3Y
06-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Congratulations Courtney!!!

Way to go on hitting that milestone.

I realized I forgot my pledges!!! Sorry Sarge!

I will loose 1.5lbs this week!
I will increase my trekked miles to 10 or above!

envelope
06-05-2011, 10:53 AM
-4.2 / pledge -2.4 / weekly miles trekked = 22.5

Sarge - is this the format you were looking for?
weight loss for last week / pledge to lose / miles trekked last week

Cheshirecat
06-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Happy Sunday all.
I had a fun day at the pool yesterday. Definitely slathering on the sunscreen.

GFS-Chickadee gave some great ideas and said some of things I was going to say. Especially adding in some of those veggies since you didn't list any. Also I think watermelon is a fabulous fruit to have on hot days, really cools you down.

Peanutt-Mountains sound nice. Mountains also means hills....good workouts!

decap-Happy Anniversary! And great weight loss this week!

Courtney-Great loss this week and awesome job getting into the 240s!

Cheshirecat
06-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Lost: 0
Trekked: 22

bnhtla06
06-05-2011, 11:48 AM
-2.5 / pledge -2 / weekly miles trekked = 15

MadamButterfly
06-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Checking in:

Lost -1.4 / Pledged -2 / Trekked 53.6

celrae
06-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Lost -.7, Pledge 2, Trekked 21.5 miles (44.08 total), Pledge 20 miles

MadamButterfly
06-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Wow, everyone is MELTIN' BUTT-ER . .

Courtney: :woohoo: NEXT STOP . . . ONE-DER-LAND!!!

Cheshire: Soo fun at the pool

Envelope: WOW -4.2 . . . GREAT BUTT-ER MELTIN' WEEK FOR YOU!!!!

K3: OH NO . . . ANOTHER VEGGIE GARDEN :D, so much flying through my head right now . . . . where are you??? what are you going to plant?? more zucchini . . . :rofl:

Chickadee: Glad you enjoyed dinner out, BUT 6 hours of running errands . . . and for work, Ugh and DOUBLE UGH, UGH!!! I give that DA*N zucchini plant a LOT of attention, I figure I need to keep that plant alive, if for nothing else for the warped humor it brings out :D

Pokey: I think I might have to check into boxing classes . . . YOU MOTIVATE ME WOMAN!!!

Girlfrom: When I go camping these are some things I take: a small tupperware container (3/4 cup) of peanut butter, granola bars (nothing with chocolate) dried fruits: cranberries, raisins, apricots, bananas, apples. I will usually bring fresh fruits & veggies (apples, oranges,a mango, bananas, celery, carrots). sometimes I'll make a small amount of tuna salad or egg salad and make a sandwich the first day. Peanuts, almonds, cashews, pretzels, (these I'll put in snack size bags) then all I have to do is grab a bag and go . . . actually I portion out everything I can into snack/sandwich size bags, then I don't have to spend my "fun" time getting things ready

Peanut: I hope the weather is :sunny: in the mountains, Have a great time

Reso: :?: You haven't checked in yet . . . hope it's :sunny: for you too

Kneed: You've been awful quiet . . . are you resuming C25K, still doing intervals, walking, biking???? WE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO RETURN TO THE 200's . . . SO GET UP AND MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT!!!! TIME TO MELT THAT BUTT-ER!!!!! (That was SARGE style, and you don't want SARGE to open a BIG OLE CAN OF WUP A@@ ON YOU)

SARGE: Have fun in South Dakota . . . be carefu l!!!

OK, this is my deal today: C25K, W7, D1: Run 25 min or 2.5 miles . . . COMPLETE, ran 2.55 miles so I was happy with that. It's so nice my odometer/speedometer is working so I can see I far I actually ran. Planning on a bike ride later since it didn't happen yesterday . . . another picture perfect day here, they don't happen often and I plan to take advantage of the BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!!!

Errand running day: Grocery store, Walmart, Goodwill (I'd like to find a sundress and some shorts, a skort I love is WAY to big now :( so a shopping I will go). Then a quick check-in at the garden this AM and I'll go this evening to water the zucchini . . . oh and all the other veggies/flowers too :lol3:

KEEP MELTIN' THAT BUTT-ER . . .

Resolute
06-05-2011, 12:57 PM
What the heck ???
The sky is blue and there is this big orange thing up there. http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1268/runaway.gif

About freaking time, http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6874/bleh2c.gif Anyways have a fairly busy day planned out cleaning/projects/exercise, been a tough week all around, still i kept to the straight and narrow, will do weigh in this evening, won't be any more than 1 or 2 pounds this week though, i am struggling with losing more now, everyone says i look skinny, i'm thinking that the brunt on my belly is loose skin, ugh... Typically i'm being told i look like i weigh 175 or 180 by people, i'm thinking i will be able to get down to 195-200 tops without starting to get sickly looking.

Honestly i don't think i will be able to live with this flap of skin on my gut, have actually researched a tummy tuck somewhat, might be something i consider, probably have 15 or 20 pounds of loose skin/fat deposits that could be removed, hmmm, to much information ? LOL, actually i'm happy with my arms and legs, there is a tiny bit of loose skin in these areas but nothing a little weight lifting wouldn't help to alleviate or eliminate all together in the future.

Sorry looks like i might be back to rambling a little :p, it's a new week and i need to buckle down to finish this fight, thoughts of success radiating outward to everyone, off to have a productive day, check back laters with numbers in hand. :dizzy:

chickadee32
06-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Lost: 2.4
Trekked: 8.8

K3LL3Y
06-05-2011, 01:11 PM
MadamB- Yes I will add to the Zucchini population, along with some summer squash and tomatoes. It is our first garden here North of Boston. Starting small to see how it goes :)

Reso- Glad to hear you are finally getting some sun. It's lovely here today, bright blue and no clouds :)

Don't forget the sunscreen folks!

chickadee32
06-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Woke up this morning to find our car window smashed in and GPS (that was in the center console and not visible) stollen; the same thing happened to one of our neighbors. Lovely! What's odd is that my husband was awake and working in our house until 6am this morning, but didn't hear a thing during the night. And what's funny is that the exact same thing happened last summer, except that time it was in broad daylight on a busy street downtown while my husband's car was parked in front of a client office. Especially funny though is that our other car has been in the repair shop for 2 weeks because a 17-year-old kid hit us a few weeks ago. So now we'll have two rental cars, lol. Thank god we have good insurance! They must be sick of hearing from us, lol. This is going to be a PITA though; the repair shop can't get us in right away, and we can't drive the car around with the front passenger window covered in plastic, so my husband is going to drop me off at work tomorrow, but I'm going to have to figure out how to get the rental car tomorrow around all the interviews I have scheduled at work. My husband works much further away and is booked solid with client appointments, so he can't do it. What a joy.

The scale is up by 2.2 lbs this morning, and I slept very poorly because I am so sore, so I'm guessing more water weight from the strength workout the other night. Maybe I shouldn't have upped the weight? I don't know; I can lift it, so it seems right. Anyway, not worried at all about the scale; I used today's weight for my weekly loss since it still reflects 2.4 lbs lost for the week, and I'll just get to be really happy next week when it's down by a bunch. :) I'm not changing my ticker though, lol.

Back later to catch up on personals.

kneed2lose
06-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Sorry I've been MIA, but I hope everyone has been wonderful! Im still trying to workout and study at the same time!

Lost: 2.2
Trekked: 10.2

MadamButterfly
06-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Ok, a quickie before I head out in the sun . . . :sunny:

Reso: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm sooooooooooo happy it's :sunny: for you. I hope you get out and enjoy it . . . makes a BIG difference, huh??

chickadee: :hug: When it rains, it pours . . .

K3: Glad to have a fellow zucchini grower . . . maybe we can see who grows the BIGGEST ZUCCHINI :D

Kneed: So glad you're hanging in there!!!

OK, no word from SARGE, hope there weren't any road blocks along the way or POT HOLES, because it is now officially pot hole season here :lol3:

CourtneyDaisey
06-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Good afternoon Platoon! :)

I will be heading over to a friend's house and going swimming with them in a couple of hours! I grew up with this lady and we reconnected on Facebook. So her family and mine are getting together for swimming today! It will be fun to swim and to reconnect with an old friend! It's a win-win situation! :cheer:

Resolute
06-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Just finished a beautiful envigorating walk, so lovely that temps are above 20C and sun is shining and zero wind, couple pesky mosqitoes though... always something. http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8744/wtfvs.gif

Chickadee : So sorry some creep violated and pilfered your property, pathetic people, i loathe thieves. :mad:

k3LL3Y : Thanks, glad you are getting the good stuff too. :D

MadamB : That truck from Wisconsin is still next door, must of moved here or something, one of the churches i walk by every day i see it there also, don't know if he is involved in the Church or just a participant, LOL BTW, he looks just like what you would expect, a plaid wearing, burly, bushy bearded lumberjack looking guy. :D

Kneed : Way to go moving forward, it's all any of us can do. ;) Try and try again day by day.

jojotheyoyo
06-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Maintaining
Miles walked: 20
Pledge: 25
:dizzy:

K3LL3Y
06-05-2011, 05:19 PM
K3: Glad to have a fellow zucchini grower . . . maybe we can see who grows the BIGGEST ZUCCHINI :D

Hahahaha, I can see it now. Everyone posting zucchini dimentions :rofl:

SMSDREAMER2007
06-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Wow, I am away a little bit and there is 6 pages here!!! sheesh. So...I jumped on the scale today thinking it would be high cause I feel bloated and I drank last night at a friends birthday party (I usually am high after drinking) But I jumped on the scale tody and it said 267. 267?!?!?!?!?!!?!? hmmm that would be a 9 lb drop from last sunday!!!!! holy smokes....I need to go hiking and to the zoo more often....course chasing 6 kids helps.....This loss (if true, I am stunned and don't want to be believe it) Would put me t 53 lbs lost! i think ima faint.....

envelope
06-05-2011, 07:47 PM
My husband got half of our garden planted today. I won't have any zucchini stories, but we do have summer squash, tomatoes, rasberries, green peppers, eggplant, blueberries, and sweet peas.

I am so tired right now, and my son wants to have a bon fire tonight. Not sure I have the energy to stay up.

JayTee
06-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Greetings from beautious Mitchell, South Dakota...home of the one & only Corn Palace! Sarge officially has trucker butt right now, but with beer in hand will update the pledge board shortly! Looking good!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
06-05-2011, 08:08 PM
I wanted to see if when I compared pictures if I saw a difference in myself (2009 was the most recent pic I had from me being at my highest, I normally only take/allow pictures of my face only or from my bust up.) Here is what I got. I don't see a difference except around my neck :\ but anyway here is 53 lbs gone.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/cntrygrl071/50lbsdown.jpg

JayTee
06-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Dreamer, Dreamer!!!!! You go girl! You can definitely tell you've dropped pounds ALL OVER!!!!!

JayTee
06-05-2011, 08:34 PM
PLEDGES 5/29-6/4

MadamGoo: 1 /// (-1.4)
Cheshire: 1 /// - 0 -
Pokey: 1 and Booze free til Friday!!! /// (-1.6)
bnhtla: 2 /// (-2.5)
Girlfrom: 2 /// Ummmmm, we shall not speak of this one time freebie
Chickadee: 2 /// (-2.4)
K3: 2 /// -2
Kneed: 2 /// (-2.2)
Kendrab: 2 /// (-.9)
Dreamer: 1.5 /// (-9)
Celrae: 1 & 5 Booze Free Days /// (-.7)
mcsr = 3
Tmil = 1
Courtney /// -3.8

Maintainers:

Newbies:
Envelope: 2 /// -4.2
L3: 1.5 /// -0-
IHeart = 1 /// -0-

Total platoon goal = 34.5 /// Lost 32 so far

PLEDGES WEEK 6/5-6/12

Sarge = 4
DCap = 2
Courtney = 2
K3 = 1.5
Envelope = 2.4
Cheshire = 1
Bnthla = 2
MadamZucchini = 2
Celrae = 2
Chick = 2
Kneed = 2
Girlfrom = pledge to kick Pokey's butt-er
Dreamer = 1.5
Kendrab = 2
Pokey = 1
IHeart = 1
L3 = 1.5

Maintainers:
Yoyo = still trekking

Newbie Prvt.
Jeanetty = 5

COMPLETED (895.3) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:
Sarge (18.69/132.09),
Pokey (32/73.5),
Kneed (10.2 / 32.3),
Celrae (21.5 / 44.08),
K3 (8 / 37),
Kendrab (19/48.5),
Chickadee (8.8 /27),
Reso (64.5/128.9),
Cheshire (22 / 58.5)),
MadamB (53.6 /160.1),
Yoyo (20/ 42),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (10/26.2),
Bnhtla (15 / 34),
Tmil (6)
L3 (just joining)
Envelope (22.5 / 22.5)
Courtney = (just joining in)

BL Summer Challengers

Pokey -- 5K / July 4th

SMSDREAMER2007
06-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Oh, right forgot to dd pledge. I pledge 1.5 lbs for next week (after this loss idk if I can do much more than a pound or so next week)

Kendrab1223
06-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Dreamer are you crazy?! You can definitely see a difference in your face, neck, and stomach! Way to go!!!!!!! And holy awesome on the 9 pounds this week! Wow!

I haven't read through the bunches of pages I missed yet- I'll get to it. I've been busy with homework, kiddos, and being a freakin headcase lately. I think I have myself under control now though (I hope). Next week I am determined to make it an awesome week in terms of calories, exercising, and no stupid binge nights. I'm off to get some cleaning done that I've been slacking with all day.

Kendrab1223
06-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Oops, oh yeah..
Lost .9 this week (surprised by that!), trekked 19.

Pledge to not have a single binge night this week and 2 pounds.

pokeycactus
06-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Hey, just a quickie (:devil:):

Miles: 32
Lost : - 1.6

peanutt
06-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Holy chatty platoon!

Back from my trip to the mountains. Oh dear, did I ever enjoy myself. My husband's company took all the employees and their families to a ranch for the weekend and it was great! I tried to make the best food choices I could (luckily they had options like turkey hot dogs at the weenie roast and chicken burgers at the BBQ supper and lots of salads and fruits) and decided to enjoy a few beers over the weekend. We got up each morning and went for a gorgeous run in the mountains (wish I could do that every day!) and were walking and active throughout the days. My only downfall was the roasted marshmallows with Bailey's. :o

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

JayTee
06-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Trekkers-- at nearly 900 miles we'll make camp at the Mineral Springs Lake Resort in Ohio. Showers and general store available, but for those trying to smuggle bad snacks, Sarge will be checking backpacks!

Photos from Mineral Springs Resort...

http://www.trailgallery.com/photos/%5C9521%5Cthumb%5C175%5Ctj9521_060610_035021_53805 1_tn175.jpg

http://www.trailgallery.com/photos/%5C9521%5Cthumb%5C175%5Ctj9521_060610_025325_53804 9_tn175.jpg

Live Laugh Love
06-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Hey everyone, sorry I'm a bit late. I maintained this week. Hoping to see a whoosh tomorrow morning. I pledge 1.5 lbs for the week. I also pledge 9 miles for the week.

CourtneyDaisey
06-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Good evening platoon! It's just about time to hit the sack. But, I went swimming for two hours this afternoon! WOOT! :cheer: I love being in the pool!

ihearthoney
06-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Wells folkds, I didn't lose the pound I pledged, so I am re-pledging :)

I DID do all the exercise I wanted to do. I think I need to focus more on dieting. Way to go everyone! Have a great week!

(sorry I am tuckered after a weekend of home renos, I'll write more next time)

Toodles! :)

JayTee
06-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Hey Platoon...the numbers are looking reall, really good, AND it makes Sarge so happy that almost everyone has reported in. I think Peanutt once said something like, "Lose, gain or Maintain, we're in this together, so don't give up and report in."

Chesh--Sarge gives you the task of starting us off on something more G rated this week and we'll see how long it takes for us to wind up in the zucchini gutter again!

I hope all the BL challengers reported in on that weigh-in thread. I'd hate to see any of the platoon have to take a freebie or get eliminated early!

Sarge hitting the hay...701 solo mile drive today took its toll. Only another 575 tomorrow!

MadamButterfly
06-05-2011, 11:46 PM
just a quickie before I hit the rack . . .

no bike ride tonight, I opted for mowing the grass, (about 75-80 min) we're on the corner . . .

Peanut: Sounds like a wonderful weekend get-a-way . . . I love the mountains and miss them soooo much <sigh>

envelope: I hear you on the tired . . . after you plant a garden, you are just EXHAUSTED!!!

Dreamer: Oh you can definitely see the difference!! Great job on the 9 pounds

SARGE: Glad you made the first leg of the trip OK . . . Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if they have JELLY BEANS in Mineral Springs Lake Resort :D

Reso: Now you can take that shower or was it Cheshire or Pokey that was starting to smell <sniff, sniff> LOLOLOLOLOL

OK, tomorrow back to 5-year-old duty and the HOUSE OF JUNK FOOD ISLAND . . . UGH, but I will be strong and just get on that treadmill until I have to wake that boy up and get him on the school bus . . .

I'm so sore tonight and I'm not sure why . . . almost every muscle aches . . . OK, so maybe a good nights sleep would help :) . . . I'm hitting the rack now as 6AM arrives quickly . . .

GOOD NIGHT ALL!!!!

P.S. Oh SARGE . . . I noticed you changed my name to MadamZucchini . . . but all I could think of was it really should be MadamGoooeyZucchini . . . OH, I'm soooo bad (I had to put that in there before Cheshire went G-rated tomorrow)

Resolute
06-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Lost 2/3 Damn only 209 now, one more pound and i am not in obese category, will be dropping that this next week... i will guarantee that :devil: ... ( Think i might just cry. :^: )

Pledge 3 once again even though it is extraordinarily difficult now.( i can still try for it. :) )

Miles this week are exactly 68. ( Would of been nice to average 10 a day but if i overdo it i kill all progress anyways... so... meh.)

Kind of a bingeing weekend for me, no house payment so i spent money like crazy, bought some new clothes, some of my favorite cologne(obsession for men :p)many miscellaneous items and went crazy when i woke up at 1:30 AM last night, purchased 3 watches off of Ebay (i have a watch fetish) and a couple of posters plus a couple of Ushankas, a white one and a grey one, pretty weird but felt good still, i love to shop actually. :D

Think i might actually be coming out of my funk finally, damn it lasted a long time this round.

Jaytee : It must be spring, the innuendos are getting fast and furious :D, you girls are crazy... http://i.imgur.com/TVtWZ.gif

JayTee
06-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Morning "quickie" before I hit the road again...

Reso--Wha? Us? Innuendos? What can you possibly be referring to? :devil: Glad you're starting off the week "funk free!"

Madam--Nice one...I'll change your pledge name later along with adding Reso loss and miles to your trek. Have fun with that 5 year old. Tell him some zuke jokes.

And to Sarge's BL competitors....one of you better have been BL of the week! I'll be stalking that thread later on.

NEW DAY. NEW WEEK ALL!!! HIT IT HARD!

rainbowsmiles
06-06-2011, 08:40 AM
proud of the red team....sarge set the bar high....lets win week 2 red!! :cheer:

:drill: you are AWESOME sarge!! i so heart you!!

celrae
06-06-2011, 09:06 AM
DREAMER- You have really changed and I see a big difference.

I wish I had a good fat pic of myself. I do have the bra and panties one but that is TMI and I will not be posting it. I am down 18 pounds and not very many people have noticed. Where I am at now the 230's is my normal range. I have spiked up to the 250's 5 years ago and now, then have lost that weight in a few months with diet and exercise. My lowest weight was 220 and that was not maintained for a significant length of time. My motivation to be healthy is still strong but, I still don't have a skinny image of myself that I am trying to attain. Right now 230's with exercise feels good/right yet, I know there is much more to do. My mini goal is to be accountable to this thread for the next 6 week until July 4th and keep my level of activity high during that time. I think that I can continue eating Low Carb too but, I have noticed that I am making more exceptions lately. If I stay on the food plan 75% of the time I am going to consider that a win.

Take care troops- as Sarge said check in and keep melting Butt-er.

Resolute
06-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Morning everyone, going for a picture perfect week here, i simply must make good progress, will be keeping cals on the lower side of low and activity on the higher side of high.

Gonna give the no alcohol till Friday another shot also. :dizzy: Thats probably tougher than anything, nothing better than a nice relaxing drink after working hard all day. :p

You get out what you put into this and i'm putting a lot into it this week, so we will see.

Have a wonderful day. :)

Cheshirecat
06-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Good Morning Platoon!!

Got my butt-er up and out the door for a 3 mile run and 1 mile walk. It was actually nice out, minus the sticky, icky humidity. But can't complain, I saw some red robins and bunnies on the way. (Oh so G-rated in my sunshine world-LOL)

I'm reading a lot more positivity this week. Whooo. So grab hold of those good feelings and make them work for you!

http://befitlivebetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/quote.jpg

Now get out there Troops and become the person you want to be!!

MadamButterfly
06-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Another day of 5-year-old duty COMPLETE and I survived another day in the JUNK FOOD HOUSE FROM HE** . . . <whew> Only two more days to go, but tomorrow is C25K day so it should be easier. Watered the garden so the plants don't die of thirst :D

Walked the treadmill for almost 1 1/2 hours in addition to a couple of miles by the river last night . . . it's suppose to be 90's today, WHAT, last week the high was 65 . . . oh well, life is good!!

Cheshire: Love, love the poster for this AM

SARGE: You can put whatever name suits your fancy . . . I love all the names you give me :) Be careful on that last leg of the trip

Reso: You're BAAAAACK and going alcohol free, hang tough!!!!

OK, my legs are in serious need of stretching, then back to work after a WONDERFUL WEATHER WEEKEND!!!

EVERYBODY HAVE A BUTT-ER BURNING DAY!!!!

pokeycactus
06-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Happy Monday everyone!!! This'll have to be a quickie because I have a stack of work staring me in the face...

...at Biggest Loser this morning, we were running the track and there's this one lady there that I am super inspired by. She's probably a good 400 pounds, but she gets out there and no matter how much she's sweating, red in the face, or breathing hard, she just keeps going and never complains.

We were running the track this morning, and I had lapped her twice, and as I was about to pass her the third time, she told me her goal is to be able to run the entire 10 minutes like I could. So I turned around and started jogging backwards to be a goof, give her jazz hands, and encourage her and say that I thought by the end of the month, she'd be able to....and then I tripped over my own feet and ate it on the track!!! *facepalm*

I might be able to run the entire ten minutes, but a good goal for me would be to stay on my feet the entire time.... :lol:

jojotheyoyo
06-06-2011, 01:08 PM
PLEDGES 5/29-6/4

MadamGoo: 1 /// (-1.4)
Cheshire: 1 /// - 0 -
Pokey: 1 and Booze free til Friday!!! /// (-1.6)
bnhtla: 2 /// (-2.5)
Girlfrom: 2 /// Ummmmm, we shall not speak of this one time freebie
Chickadee: 2 /// (-2.4)
K3: 2 /// -2
Kneed: 2 /// (-2.2)
Kendrab: 2 /// (-.9)
Dreamer: 1.5 /// (-9)
Celrae: 1 & 5 Booze Free Days /// (-.7)
mcsr = 3
Tmil = 1
Courtney /// -3.8

Maintainers:

Newbies:
Envelope: 2 /// -4.2
L3: 1.5 /// -0-
IHeart = 1 /// -0-

Total platoon goal = 34.5 /// Lost 32 so far

PLEDGES WEEK 6/5-6/12

Sarge = 4
DCap = 2
Courtney = 2
K3 = 1.5
Envelope = 2.4
Cheshire = 1
Bnthla = 2
MadamZucchini = 2
Celrae = 2
Chick = 2
Kneed = 2
Dreamer = 1.5
Kendrab = 2
Pokey = 1
IHeart = 1
L3 = 1.5

Maintainers:
Yoyo = still trekking

COMPLETED (895.3) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:
Sarge (18.69/132.09),
Pokey (32/73.5),
Kneed (10.2 / 32.3),
Celrae (21.5 / 44.08),
K3 (8 / 37),
Kendrab (19/48.5),
Chickadee (8.8 /27),
Reso (64.5/128.9),
Cheshire (22 / 58.5)),
MadamB (53.6 /160.1),
Yoyo (20/ 42),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (10/26.2),
Bnhtla (15 / 34),
Tmil (6)
L3 (just joining)
Envelope (22.5 / 22.5)

BL Summer Challengers

Pokey -- 5K / July 4th

(Yoyo stumbles in looking distressed.)
"Requesting a kick in the pants sir! If you could administer it to my head, it would be helpful."
Though I have been maintaining and exercising, the scale has attacked me once again. I went up 0.4 pounds, all of which are stuck in my head! Why does the tiniest set back completely derange me?
Not giving up, not going radical, just feel very blah. :dizzy:

CourtneyDaisey
06-06-2011, 01:46 PM
GOOD AFTERNOON PLATOON!!!

I am hoping everyone's continuing to do well! I got my butt-er up to the office gym and walked for a half hour on the treadmill (1.5 miles). It's a good start to the week! I really need to go get a new battery for my pedometer though. I am planning on doing a TON of heavy house cleaning this week and it would be nice to be able to track my miles of that!

Time to get back on the clock and do paperwork or some mess. Bleh.

Kendrab1223
06-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Reso- your post just totally motivated me to stick to having a great week this week! I REALLY need it! I don't drink so I can't join in the no booze (or I could and it'd be simple lol) but I'm rooting for you! You can doooo it! You should think of all your new goodies as your presents for practically being no longer obese!!! I swear, I justify all of my purchases now by saying "I lost weight, I deserve it!" haha

Madam- my cabinets probably look like the ones you see! Between hubby and my son there's always junk here. Hubby is going up north for the week for his bday (my present to him! He hasn't been home to visit since we moved 1500 miles away two years ago) so while he is gone I'm throwing all the junk out. I've already started making my son eat better and when hubby gets back it's his turn too! Mwahahaha!

I'm being totally unrealistic in my head today. I have 7 pounds to go till my original 135 goal by my birthday- 6/15. I know that I won't make it but I keep telling myself that I COULD if I be reeeeeally good and exercise as much as possible until then. Oh well.

Have a butter melting day everyone!

K3LL3Y
06-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Hello Platoon!

I had to get into work early today so I did not do my morning exercise. So I must must must do it as soon as I get home this afternoon!!!
I have told my husband I'm not allowed to do anything until I have those running shoes on :) He even said he might come with me. Now that would be a sight!

Also, to ensure a good progress over the next week I am giving up alcohol until June 17th (my cousns wedding)

SMSDREAMER2007
06-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks all!
Girlfromstelle: Nope! I think I dont see it cause its me but eh whatever! lolol.

Just a quick poppin, my goal is to be active this whole week, I don't know if that 9 lb loss is real or what....I m still skeptical of it so we will see.. hve fun yall!

dcapulet
06-06-2011, 07:52 PM
wow - lots of posts! I need to catch up.

exercise done - now debating if i should go out tonight...

pokeycactus
06-06-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm struggling a bit today....having one of those "I want to eat EVERYTHING" kind of days. I'm trying to stave it off with low-cal things like Otter Pops, but I'm still feeling that just-need-to-eat-feeling and it's not good! I'm definitely not hungry...just feel like I want something.

I'll be good though! Can't have Sarge booting me in the BUTT-er ;)

bnhtla06
06-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I can't keep with this thread, so I will just put out a generic "congrats on the weight loss" to everybody. I will try to catch up on the pages I've missed later.

I know I shouldn't complain since I've been losing, but I'm getting impatient. I lost weight really fast at first but now that I'm within sight of 200, it feels like I'm losing SO slowly! My body seems to be fighting me. I sweat my butt off every night, I've turned my back on white bread and sugar, my grocery bill has skyrocketed and I'm spending twice as much time in the kitchen making healthy meals. I'm making all these sacrifices to get myself healthy again and my stupid body acts like 199 is a cliff and I'm trying to throw it off the edge. Stupid body, I'm doing this for YOU! Geez, get with the program already.

I am thinking of buying one of those things you wear on your arm to track every move you make and how many calories you burn during the day. Anyone have one of those? Are they worth the money and what brands are good? I haven't been counting calories, just avoiding certain foods up till now. I'd like to be more aware of my calorie intake/deficit.

BTW Dreamer: you look great! And 9 lbs this week is awesome. Thanks for stopping in and saying hi to the blue team over at BL. You're such a good sport, giving us encouragement like that.

K3LL3Y
06-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Dreamer!!! I don't know how but I missed your picture post. I think the difference is very noticeable!! Keep up the good work you are doing awesome!

Pokey - don't cave into bored eating. I keep trying to drink a large glass of water and see if it curbs the feeling for me. It's amazing how often I used to confuse being thirsty/dehydrated with being hungry.

bnhtla - Don't worry about trying to keep up with everyone on here. As they have told me, just post when you can and keep the encouragement up :)

Jeanettey
06-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Greetings everyone, :wave:

I am new to this sight and challenge. I joined 3fc over a year ago but didn't participate. I came looking for a serious competitive challenge group and after an hour of reading threads, I decided you are it. :hug:

I need a support group to help keep me accountable and motivated. I am super committed to get some serious weightlose this summer. :cheer:

So although I missed your pledge day, I'm pledging now.

This week I pledge 5 lbs :cb:
I pledge to keep to my calorie count and daily exercise goals
I also pledge to post daily this week so I can get to know you all

Well that's it. GAME ON!!! :exercise:

JayTee
06-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Greetings Platoon!

First, congrats Bnthla & Dreamer for making the leader boards in the BL Challenge thread. Bnthla, Biggest Loser on the Blue Team this week!!!!
Sweet!

Keep going Bnthla. Despite the extra expense and prep time eating healthy is SO worth the effort. Be patient...a "quick fix" won't last as long as changing your lifestyle.

WELCOME Jeanetty! You've come to the right place with that "Game On" attitude. We're here every day. The more you check in, the quicker you'll find your inner-Sarge making you put in some sort of movement everyday and making better food choices. I'll add you to the pledge board for the week. Get in on the battle between Pokey & Girlfrom.

Pokey--DO NOT eat aimlessly! Don't make Sarge come back to Arizona to give you the boot...although I would enjoy watching you do jazz hands and face plants

K3--Booze free until 6/17?!?!?! Good luck! So hard to do!

Kendrab--Don't rush reaching your ultimate goal. I have to say the whole maintaining, adjusting workouts and new calorie intake is a pain in the butt-er after having been in such a routine to hit goal.

Courtney--Sarge is so proud of you continuing to hit that treadmill at the office! Woot! Woot!

Girlfrom--oakie-doke! You better not come back with another gain this week!

Yoyo--Don't start that scale obsession again. You're going to have a few pound swing every now and then. Set a weight in your mind that becomes your official "WARNING" weight, where you really pay attention to the eating and exercise again. That's my plan. BTW, thanks again on your long distance travel advice. I arrived safe and sound and had peace of mind along the way.

MadamB--You have no idea how I have to restrain myself from going the extra mile on some of your posts. There have been so many "that's what she said" moments.

Chesh--Good start to the week. I like that "Creating Yourself"... become the person you want to be. BTW, your G rated world sounds like a Disney film.

Reso-- Enjoy that booze free week...can't join you this week. It's a rule in Wyoming. Gotta Cowboy up and have at least one beer a day.

Celrae--Funny about the pic you thought about posting being TMI...although with this group you never know. I always feel like our thread is just one step away from being put on double secret probation by the 3FC organizers so if/when we decide to close the thread save that pic just in case we want to go out in a blaze of glory.

Rainbow--Nicely done Red team, but Sarge has to support the Platoon Blues too this time around. One from the platoon MUST win! How are you doing?!?!

Catch up with the rest of you in a bit...

peanutt
06-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Welcome Jeanettey!! Great pledges!

LOVE that a platoon member won the week over on the Blue Team in the BL challenge!

I'm fighting the messed up urges my body has for junky food today after a weekend of some junky food. It's funny though. When I was eating the all dressed chips (my kryptonite!!!!) on Saturday night I was thinking "these aren't as great as I remember" but today my mind is all like "those chips were the greatest thing you've ever eaten!!! Feed me more!!!" Oh the crazy stuff food can do to your mind....

JayTee
06-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Peanutt--You're so right!!! Sea Salt N' Peppered Kettle chips are my downfall. Each time I try one I think, yup, every bit as good as I remember.

Last week we missed our goal by just one little pound troops! ONE LITTLE POUND! Think about that when wanting to eat aimlessly!!!!
On the otherhand, Sarge will take that 99.9% because I believe we only had one private go missing/AWOL!

If I forgot anyone on the pledges below please let me know. My internet connection is painfully slow out here and it's tough to go back pages...

PLEDGES WEEK 6/5-6/12

Sarge = 4
DCap = 2
Courtney = 2
K3 = 1.5 & Booze Free til 6/17
Envelope = 2.4
Cheshire = 1
Bnthla = 2
MadamZucchini = 2
Celrae = 2
Chick = 2
Kneed = 2
Dreamer = 1.5
Kendrab = 2
Pokey = 1
IHeart = 1
L3 = 1.5
Reso = 3 & Booze Free til Friday!

Maintainers:
Yoyo = still trekking & lose that .4 gain?

Newbie Prvt.
Jeanetty = 5

COMPLETED (963.3) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:
Sarge (18.69/132.09),
Pokey (32/73.5),
Kneed (10.2 / 32.3),
Celrae (21.5 / 44.08),
K3 (8 / 37),
Kendrab (19/48.5),
Chickadee (8.8 /27),
Reso (68/196.9),
Cheshire (22 / 58.5)),
MadamB (53.6 /160.1),
Yoyo (20/ 42),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (10/26.2),
Bnhtla (15 / 34),
Tmil (6)
L3 (just joining)
Envelope (22.5 / 22.5)

BL Summer Challengers

Pokey -- 5K / July 4th

rainbowsmiles
06-06-2011, 11:15 PM
sarge....oh darn...i forgot we had blue team members too :)
GO BLUE!! :cheer3:
we are hanging in there...nigel had interview today...locally...praying!!!
the sale went ok, not as many people as we had hoped, it was extremely hot...high 90's, maybe kept some inside....even so, we made 185.00 so another month of utilites :) made a large donation to goodwill so that was a positive as well. its getting down to the wire now...sold 2 more dressers today...a blessing indeed. God really needs to intervine so I will keep trusting. heart you madly sarge!! :drill:
hopefully soon i can get myself back into this challenge.

envelope
06-06-2011, 11:40 PM
I had a great day, but it was non stop running errands...except for the 1hr45min we sat at my sons eye drs.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Pokey - Everytime I see your post it reminds me of my 4th -10th grade when I lived in Mesa. We lived in the Dobson Ranch and I went to Alma, Rhodes, and Dobson. I used to spend my summers hanging out at the Rhodes pool during the day and sneaking onto the Dobson Ranch golf course at night.

bnhtla - I have a BMF or BodyMediaFit and I love it! I love being able to annalyze my personal data, I can tell by looking at the graphs exactly when I was sitting waiting in the waiting room today, when we walked back to the exam room, went back to the waiting room to wait...it also helps me hold myself accountable...like I am 800 steps short of my personal daily goal, so I am about to walk circles in my living room.

Welcome Jeanetty!

Resolute
06-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi JayTee, You are now looking (figuratively) at a now non-Obese person, i stepped on the scale tonight and i am 208, no longer classified as Obese, i can hardly believe it. http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1268/runaway.gif

Things have gone fairly well today, worked, went for a doctors appointment (Follow up for my hernia, i'm 100% like i didn't know that.) Came home went for my walk, now just going to have a little to eat.

Miles this week so far are 21.6, a good start, gonna drop at least one more pound this week for sure, i just know it, going hard for my 3 total though.

Welcome to Jeanettey, hope you can find it in you to see this through, we get so many that are gung-ho but disappear after a short while, i wish you the best. :)

Just sending out a group hug, way to many people to address and way to little time. :o

:hug:

dcapulet
06-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Resolute- WOW - congrats!!!!

Sarge and Peanutt - a pregnant friend just turned me on to Salt and Pepper kettle chips - another thing I can fully live without and avoid! (but so good!!!)

Jeanettey :wave: welcome!

rainbow - keep your faith - i hope your hard work will be rewarded.

i already worked out for the day, but i was feeling a little down and needed some inspiration - and as always, you all do the trick! thanks :)

MadamButterfly
06-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Evening, just another quickie (I have to get that calorie burn in somehow :D )

Peanut, SARGE & dcap . . . <sigh> now I want to try Salt and Pepper Kettle chips . . . hey Walmart's open 24 hours . . . LOLOLOL BUT I really do want to try them

Reso: I think you gave me your FUNK . . . :p

BNH: WooHoo . . . :congrat: on being the BL!!!

Rainbow: my friend . . . I've missed you!!! I heart you too!!! Hang in there . . . I have my fingers :crossed: too

Pokey: Oh I had to cover my mouth when I read your post . . . I didn't want anyone to see me giggling . . . I told you, we need to change your name to Grace . . . when you said you turned around and you were running backwards . . . OMG, I knew where it was going . . . Hope you're OK :)

OK, 5-year-old duty tomorrow and I'm supposed to do C25K, W7, D2 and I am all stuffed up, my nose is runny and I have a head cold, but I WILL DO THIS!!!!

Oh, Jeannetty: :welcome3: Game On, I love it!!!

pokeycactus
06-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Okay, you guys. I didn't mindlessly eat! I kept waaaaanting to, but every time I'd head for the kitchen, I'd think of Sarge and all of you, so there was no mindless eating. There was plenty of whining, but no eating. :) Besides, I can't kick Girlfrom's BUTT-er this week if I eat stupidly!!!! ;) :carrot:

I managed to simply whine and feel sorry for myself until Husband got home and then he made me chicken and zucchini (:devil: MADAMB!) fresh from our garden on the barbecue. I added a salad and am right on target for calories today. Boxing in the morning!!!!

MadamB - I figured you'd like that one! And I'm okay, I just chalk it up to the weekly spills. :D AND. I was cleaning out our pantry today and I found a bag of jelly beans. Jelly beans! Are you stashing them all over the place now?!

Reso - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :hug: I'm so proud of you! You've done so well, and are such an inspiration to us all. Well done, my friend!

Envelope - I know exactly where Dobson Ranch is! I'm in the Augusta Ranch area, farther east on the 60. I love Arizona, so pretty and WARM. I like being warm. :D

Rainbow - I'm saying prayers for your husband getting that job!!! Let us know what happens.

Jeanettey - Welcome! We're happy to have you. Don't mind the dirty veggie jokes courtesy of MadamB.... :rofl:

chickadee32
06-07-2011, 02:56 AM
Left for work at 7:45am this morning, and got home at 12:15am tonight due to a social engagment I'd previously committed to. Only got 2 hrs of sleep last night, and so am super exhausted. Saw a really cool blues guitarist this evening though at Blues Alley, Joanne Shaw Taylor. It's really not my kind of music at all, but she's a phenomenal guitarist (seriously the most talented guitarist I've ever seen live, let alone sat 10 feet from) and just so into every moment of her music that it's hard not to be infected by it. She has unbelievable talent for such a young woman.

Anyway, didn't get in any exercise today, but managed to keep my calories at 1364 for the day - a whopping 542 of which were wine. I am hungry and sleepy, lol. Bedtime for chickadee. :)

Have a great day tomorrow, all, and I'll be back around to catch up tomorrow night.

CourtneyDaisey
06-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Jeannettey - Welcome! :cheer: We're glad to have you here, and what a great pledge! 5 pounds! You go girl! Can't wait to see you meet it!

Resolute - WOOT!!!!!! Congrats!!!! One of these days I will be able to join you in the Land of the Non-Obese! :D I am so proud of you!!!!

chickadee - That sounds like you had a fun time! I love to watch guitarists play! :)

MadamB - You and your quickies! LOL!!!! :rofl:

Rainbow - I'll be crossing my fingers and praying for you too hon! :hug:

Sarge - We missed it by one pound? Welll...that actually gives me some motivation. I brought with me today the last of our Easter candy...a Cadbury Creme Egg. I love them and have been holding on to this one for a while. But because we missed the total, rather than eat it and try to work it off...I'll toss it and try to help the team by working harder on the treadmill today! Thanks for the inspiration to go the extra mile! :) Missing by that pound next week will not be on my shoulders or that of a Cadbury Creme Egg!

I have an appointment with my regular treadmill at 11:30 this morning! :woops: Gotta hit it!!!! I'm in a skirt again today but gonna hit it anyway!

envelope
06-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Congrats Reso!!!

Chickadee - Sounds like a great show. You did great with your cals for the day.

MadamB - I smile when I see your post about 5 year old duty, my girls are 5 and have been hilarious last few days since they finished K. They are jealous that my son, who goes to another school, still gets to go to school. My son is jealous that the girls get to stay home.

CourtneyDaisy - Way to step away from the Easter Candy!!! Which would have never lasted this long in our house.

Pokey - I like being warm too. I would much rather have to go out and cool down my car in the summer in AZ than heat it up here in the winter.

Sarge - I am staying on track and motivated sir.

Resolute
06-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Thankyou ladies, :hug: I'm kind of numb about it right now, i still can't believe it myself.

Yesterday was a pretty good day, still i had a few more cals than i was hoping to have, nothing awful but still... something to work on, no alcohol but clean eating, except for the coconut butterhorn from the bakery (Otherwise known as crack cocaine http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8094/drool2.gif).

Frickin raining out again today, supposed to clear up though, ugh... just washed the truck. :mad:

Hoping to see the scale drop a little more today, usually it moves 2 days in a row so i'm going to go hard today and hope to see another pound loss tonight. If not i will just keep truckin. :)

Have a good day everybody. http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/715/heartwml.gif

celrae
06-07-2011, 09:31 AM
I can't keep with this thread, so I will just put out a generic "congrats on the weight loss" to everybody. I will try to catch up on the pages I've missed later.

I know I shouldn't complain since I've been losing, but I'm getting impatient. I lost weight really fast at first but now that I'm within sight of 200, it feels like I'm losing SO slowly! My body seems to be fighting me. I sweat my butt off every night, I've turned my back on white bread and sugar, my grocery bill has skyrocketed and I'm spending twice as much time in the kitchen making healthy meals. I'm making all these sacrifices to get myself healthy again and my stupid body acts like 199 is a cliff and I'm trying to throw it off the edge. Stupid body, I'm doing this for YOU! Geez, get with the program already.

I am thinking of buying one of those things you wear on your arm to track every move you make and how many calories you burn during the day. Anyone have one of those? Are they worth the money and what brands are good? I haven't been counting calories, just avoiding certain foods up till now. I'd like to be more aware of my calorie intake/deficit.

I completely understand this frustration. My husband and I are eating veggies, meat, and a little fruit and dairy, shopping on the outside aisles has increased our spending. I do all the cooking and it is tons of work but, I like what we are eating. I think the key is to look at the food changes as way of life with room for development. Eating a more whole foods diet with no processed Carbs is good way prevent cancer, diabetes and other diseases. However, like any major change we need to not let the process consume our lives. I was getting anxious last week about the big picture so I am stepping back a little. I have scheduled time with my friends, drinking, walking, BBQ, music, positive people in my life are what get me through. Take care.:hug:

Is Sugar Toxic
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/magazine/mag-17Sugar-t.html

JayTee
06-07-2011, 10:05 AM
GOOD MORNING FELLOW BUTT-er MELTERS!

Before I forget, I almost drove off the road near Sparta, WI when I heard a radio ad for this weekends BUTTERFEST! I'm nominating MadamGooeyZuchini for the title of 2011 Lady Butterfest!

Rainbow--Always keeping good thoughts for you. Thanks for "hearting" Sarge, but you know all the hearts of the platoon should go to you for being the one who didn't let Sarge quit when the going got tough a few months ago. Let us do the same for you!!! Keep posting as often as you can!

Envelope -- I love the image of walking circles in your living room just to make your daily goal. That's dedication! That's the kind of person we LOVE to have around the platoon!

Reso--CONGRATS! CONGRATS! and DOUBLE CONGRATS on your entrance to the fit & fabulous world. What are you going to do when you cross into One-derland? Party plans or other special treat (other than the coconut butterhorn)? I don't think you need anymore watches. :)

Dcap--Kettle Chips were invented by the :devil:! Way to avoid them!

Gooey--So you caught Reso's funk, huh? I hear there's a cream for that! Zicam that cold, quit hiding jelly beans at Pokey's house, stay away from the Kettle chips, harness that 5yr old's energy, and get that c25KW7D2 in!

Pokey--So much whining, but even more WINNING! Way to avoid a crapfood fest. So inspiring to be engaged in battle with Girlstrom! Oh what a little smack down, trash talk can do for motivation!

Chickadee-- WHAT?!?! No exercise and 542 calories from wine?!?! No wonder you were sleepy!

Courtney-- OMG, you still had Easter candy in your possession?!?!? Thank you for passing on the Cadbury Creme Egg! Not only does the platoon thank you for going the extra mile, aren't you just so darn proud of yourself for pitching it?!?!!? As Chesh would say, you're Creating the New Courtney!

Celrae & Bnthla -- You obviously aren't alone in the frustrations of shopping the outer grocery aisles. Yup, way more expensive and time consuming to eat super healthy, but it's SO WORTH IT. To feel good each day both mentally and physically, and to feel full and still lose weight is worth every penny and second spent in the long run. The energy you gain from the weight you lose and to look in the mirror and like what you see is priceless over the long haul.

Sarge off to pedal Schwinn Airdyne Bike from he** followed by intense cabin cleaning. Will try to post photos later of the amazing views from Sarge's moutaintop hideaway.

TIME TO HIT IT HARD PLATOON!!!! MELT YOUR BUTT-er AND SEND IT TO THE SPARTA BUTTERFEST! Whoever in the platoon loses the most this week can ride the float!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4144/5023669309_9a6d85a107.jpg

Cheshirecat
06-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Good Morning!!

I did a half hour with the Wii this morning to loosen me up. Then Week 2 with New Rules of Lifting. Feeling good!! I have a walk planned to this afternoon too. I'm writing down my food as well. I got lazy and stopped for a long while...but I'm at it again.

:carrot: Reso, way to go with no longer being obese!! You are doing it man!

Jeanetty-Wecome to the Platoon! We got motivation, craziness, determination and R-rated jokes. Everything a well-rounded group needs.

c25KW7D2--Haha...that's just made me laugh this morning. It's like one of those crazy internet codes you have to type in.

Courtney-I bow down to you. Throwing away a cadbury egg! Those things are coveted candy in my house too. Great will power!!

Okay, time for me to go de-funk-a-fy and get on with my day.
And Remember:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=16646585

So if you want to be confident, strong, healthy, energetic, you have to get out there and make it happen!

Kendrab1223
06-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Sarge- even when I hit my 135 goal I won't be at maintenance weight yet, I want to lose another 10 for a decent buffer. I'm not necessarily in a rush to hit my goal, but I just know if I hadn't "quit" for a month and a half back in feb or had so many recent binges that I'd probably be there. Ah well.

Reso- congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still haven't officially exercised yet but I did get a good walk in at the Orlando airport this morning! I've been up since 3:30am after only getting 4 hours of sleep so I have a nice little sugar free redbull hanging out in the fridge for me to get me through my workout! I just need to figure out when that'll happen so that my 10 month old isn't getting all in my way! I missed my "morning nap time exercise" opportunity already.

I hope ou all have a great day!

Jeanettey
06-07-2011, 11:33 AM
GOOD MORNING ALL,

Thank you sooooooo much to all of you for all the nice welcomes. :grouphug:

I really do feel welcome!

Reso: Congrats on the 208! :dancer: I will get there too..... and get used to me, I'm not going anywhere, though there will be less of me soon.

Pokey: no worries, better a dirty veggie than a boring one. :carrot:

Courtney: Way to toss the cadbury! :encore: I've been tossing junk out of the house and donating some to our local CAHS organization. It always amazes me how much salt is in processed foods. (Blahc)

SARGE: I am SOOOOOO getting on that float!!!! :goodscale

Well time to hit it. :woops: Have a great day everyone! ;)

MadamButterfly
06-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Morning all

Well, I tried to blow off C25K this morning, but now I feel guilty, it's SOOOOOOO HOT outside already so I'm going back to the neighbors and get on the treadmill . . .

Reso: :congrat: :balloons: NO LONGER OBESE . . . ONE-DER-LAND IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER AND WE ARE GOING TO HAVE ONE HE** OF A PARTY!!!!

Oh my, jelly beans hiding, cream for Reso's FUNK (that I now have <sigh>), cadbury eggs coming out of hiding, BUTT-ER FEST QUEENS, sugar free Red Bull hanging out OF the fridge (that's how I read it, duh), walking in circles, coconut butterhorns, salt & pepper kettle chips, zucchini on the grill :o Blues singers, mindless eating, jelly beans hiding in ARIZONA, quickies . . .

AND

PANTS FALLING DOWN . . .

LOLOLOLOLOL

Jeanetty, are you sure you're ready for all this!!!

Ok, off to do that C25k and make SARGE proud!!!