30-Somethings - Successes! Progresses!

View Full Version : Successes! Progresses!

seabiscuit
05-28-2011, 03:20 AM
What success and progress have you seen on your weight loss journey? I thought this would be fun to see how well we are doing!

For me,

not getting winded running across the street or tying my shoes

my bigger shorts falling off :D

finding some foods I used to love that weren't healthy aren't as appealing

people's compliments on my appearance

my health!!

ok, your turn ;)

sevencallmemom
05-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Size 26 jeans that were so tight I couldn't wear them now fit me like they should, and I think I can button my 24's if I lay down.

I went from doing 10 minutes of wii fit free step to 120 minutes at the fastest pace to doing a biggest loser workout and belly dancing because even the 120 minutes wasn't making me feel like it used to.

I feel stronger and more in control.

Today I turned down a 610 calorie bacon cheeseburger (and who are we kidding, old Trish woulda eaten 2) for a protein shake that really did fill me up.

onagain1
05-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Last night I ate one bite of a Krispy Kreme doughnut, and then put it back because it just wasn't worth it! Major NSV for me haha.

Today I found an old workout VHS tape (shows you how old it is LOL) that I had never been able to finish. I popped it in the VCR, and finished the whole thing. It felt awesome!

Ky30
05-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Going from a size 4x shirt and 26/28 pants to a xl shirt and size 16 pants

I can jump on the trampoline with my kids and my feet actually leave it

I can chase my kids around for more then a minute

I can walk a mile and not be out of breath

I can work out for an hour and not be tired

I can bend over and it not hurt

I can cross my legs

butterflymama
05-30-2011, 03:27 PM
On a splurge meal we stopped for chip truck fries and I ate less then half the small order and threw the rest away because I was full. (2 mons ago I would have stuffed every last fry down my throat)

CelticHarpie
05-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Last week the office staff went out for lunch at a greek restaurant. Everyone ordered dessert, except me.

I turned down carrot cake cheesecake. That, my friends, was tough!

butterflymama
07-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Thought I would bring this post back to the top again as I need to get motivated again!

I went shopping last week and am now in a 2x top instead of a 3x :carrot:
I also am now in a size 16 pant instead of a size 18-20 :carrot:
The most exciting was that I am able to wear a size L (although stretchy) shorts from a regular store!!!! My goal is to have all of these new clothes be baggy by fall!!!!

Who else has some Successes or Progresses to share!!!!

October Joy
07-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Yesterday we ordered pizza for dinner. I made the decision on my own to get thin crust and agreed to get ham instead of pepperoni.

It may not seem like much but I adore thick crust and pepperoni so for me that was something to feel good about. :)

ShanIAm
07-07-2011, 11:43 PM
I love the crossing of the legs thing.....without my foot going numb from circulation being cut off! And now I can cross my legs AND tuck my foot behind the other leg.

I don't think twice about telling people how much I weigh or what size I wear. Actually, I do think about it.... I think about how much I like it!

I am making eye contact again.

I no longer panic when someone tags me in a facebook photo. :D

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I needed a pick me up tonight!

leacj
07-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Going from a size 4x shirt and 26/28 pants to a xl shirt and size 16 pants

I can jump on the trampoline with my kids and my feet actually leave it

I can chase my kids around for more then a minute

I can walk a mile and not be out of breath

I can work out for an hour and not be tired

I can bend over and it not hurt

I can cross my legs

:D I LOVE this!!!!! :D:D

leacj
07-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Well, I am only down about 20 lbs, so don't feel too much progress yet, however, I am able to wear a size 20 pants when I was wearing a 24 in January!

And I notice that I crave water (well, lemon water or crystal light) over pop!

I also feel the need to exercise....if I don't get some cardio and strength training in I feel like crap! I have been away for a week and not really able to exercise and I miss feeling my muscles work! I was sneaking in sit ups on the bathroom floor while away, just to feel the muscles that are in there somewhere!!! Never thought I would say that :dizzy: