WW Clubs and Groups - #256 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!!!!

Itryharder
05-27-2011, 09:42 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
05-27-2011, 09:44 AM
We're hoping for good weather here over the weekend! Lots of family coming in to swim and BBQ. It should be a lot of fun.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
Judy
234.6/198.6/180's and thinner :cool:

Itryharder
05-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi Turtles,
Just checking in while I wake up and get myself into the kitchen to cook for today. :chef: Very easy: veggie pie, cuke and onion salad, macaroni-spinach-tomato-basil salad, and Diet Jello with fruit for dessert. Both of our daughters are on strict diets, so that will help me refrain from making brownies (which is what I really want). Gotta remember that eating brownies will continually postpone my favorable outcome.

Hey, have a great day. So far we're sunny here!
Judy
234.6/198.6/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
05-31-2011, 08:55 AM
Good Morning everyone and happy Tuesday... very busy weekend for me but we had a nice time at the wedding and got caught up on yard work yesterday so all in all it was a great three day weekend. Food was not so great and I did not get in much exercise at all... really just rode in a car for a couple of days lol trying to get from place to place. TOM has arrived again so none of that adds up to a good W/I for me this week... will keep at it though!

Walking group tonight and I need it, I can feel my body getting stiff from all of the car riding and no other exercise so I need to get moving again.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!

Judy: Your menu sounds wonderful! Our weather held for the weekend so that was a very nice thing with the outdoor wedding and the travel.

Bandit: Did you have a nice weekend?

Terri: How are you doing?

Life: How are things going with you?

Cherry: I hope you are hanging in!

Have to run!

bandit2
05-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Hi turtles:

Busy up here, but enjoying the "no rain" for a change. It is hot today but not complaining.

Turtled at my weigh in Thurs as was hoping, and weekend was good overall.
Had company at my trailer since some repairs were being done and I made a nice dinner of salmon, baked potato, salad and a mushroom dish. Turned out good.

Judy - veggie pie! Love that stuff, and I am sure your company enjoyed your
meal. Have you ever made the black bean brownies? For a brownie fix, they do the trick and full of fiber - not low in calories (apprx 200/brownie) but very filling.

Princess - Glad you enjoyed your long weekend and got some stuff done as well. Glad to hear you are walking. My knee is still too sore for that & I notice a big difference in the way I feel. Hopefully I can get back at it soon.

All - hope you are all doing great this week!

Itryharder
05-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi Turtles,
Had a lovely weekend. Although we had some rain, it was early in the day and didn't interfere with swimming and BBQ. Lots of temptations----my grandson likes fattening foods. DH and I got in a walk at the boardwalk today and it was lovely. Fighting food urges today---but altogether I seem fine.

Bandit, hope your knee feels well soon. :bravo: on turtling at your WI. I've never tried the black bean brownies. I guess I should give them a go if you like them. You and I like a lot of the same food. :chef:

Princess, TOM keeps appearing its crazy head-----but I bet you'll have a good :goodscale: this week.

Tomorrow is my WI. It seems so soon. Time is really flying!

Life, Terri, and Cherry, :goodvibes: to you all!
Keep on keepin' on.

Best to all,
Judy
234.6/198.2/180's and thinner :cool:

life4evr
05-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Hope everyone had a goodday. Princess I am doing okay. Adjusting to a school schedule. I survived my first day of clincals. Woo hooo very tired though.

i had a good weekend. My cousin got married this weekend. So I had a blast this weekend. I am trying to go the gym in the morning but I can't remember when my membership expires. Oh well, I will try it.

Princess1122
06-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Just a quick fly-by before I run to a meeting... no one showed up again for the walking group... I took the dogs with me and we walked for about a half hour then went home, it is crazy hot here, in the 90's so I packed it in early and went home. I will keep at it thru June and if no one is showing up by then I will cancel it and just walk when it suits me... you can lead a horse to water and all that LOL - the ladies in my group just don't seem to be interested in exercise very much but I am not sure how they are going to lose weight without at least a little bit.

Oh well... back in a bit!

Itryharder
06-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi Princess, well you're trying to do the right thing. Taking the dogs with you was a great idea. :tread: will help your weight loss!

I went to WI this morning and was up another 1.2#. That puts me at 199# which is disgusting to me since it took me a couple of years to break 200# and I'm giving it away now. Yes, I'm older, and yes, I'm not exercising as much, and yes yes yes----but the point is I hate having put on this much extra weight and I want it off now. Last night I completely blew it with a huge dish of ice cream/banana/CoolWhip after another snack I completely forget and after having a bowl of cereal before dinner. Now what's eating me? especially right before WI. I'll figure it out. Today is good so far and dh and I are heading to the movies.
Good luck to you all,
Judy

bandit2
06-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi turtles:

Life - glad you enjoyed your wedding and gym time always helps.

Princess - you have the right idea, just have to get others to get onboards
with the walking, but am sure your doggies love it. Getting our Tops group
to join in with things is always a challenge & excuses always get made.
Gets frustrating at times. Good luck.

Judy - I don't know what is going on with me as well. Maybe change of season, injuries or just getting frustrated with everything, but I have been
struggling lately as well. I remember getting below the 200 and was soooo
excited just seeing my weight beginning with a 1. Lately it is creeping back up & you would think that would be the kick in the butt I need.
The biggest thing lately that is hurting my weight loss is chips - my absolutely
favorite munchie & once I get started it is not hard to lots of damage.

We all know what we are suppose to do to succeed but at times it is just
hard to keep on track & motivated. Seems like we have been doing this forever.

Anyway, good luck everyone!

Itryharder
06-01-2011, 07:45 PM
BAndit, yeah----thanks for the support. It's so easy to just give in and give up. I'm not doing that. Last night I had a real need for food and overate by a lot. Today I've been starving, but the difference is that I'm doing well.

I wish you and all the Turtles the motivation to keep on keepin' on. From my friends who are lifetime WW's, I realize that even once they reached goal, they do not eat a great deal more than they had been eating while they were losing weight. It's a battle, but it's so worth it! I'm going to cut back, be very careful with my portions, and make sure I don't have any BLT's to throw me off track.
Judy
234.6/199/180's and thinner :cool:

Itryharder
06-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Chiming in for a moment to say yesterday was an excellent eating day. Yay. I stayed within my points. ONe idea I got from my lecturer is this: when she felt "nudgy" and wanted to eat and found herself in the kitchen, she made this rule-----If I go into the kitchen, I have to drink a large glass of water. This works for her-----usually she's not hungry, just lonely or bored, etc.----and I think it could work for us. Just passing it on.
Judy

bandit2
06-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - glad to hear you had a good day yesterday. Sometimes just getting
restarted is the hardest part, then you get some momentum going and before you know it you have a few good days which lead to a good week & a loss at the scale. Good for you!

The kitchen rule sounds like a good one. Also I have noticed if I keep busy I am not really hungry, but as soon as I watch TV the snack signal goes off
so my goal this week is to have some point friendly snacks on hand.

Have my weigh in tonight and I think I will be up abit. The no exercising & chips was my downfall this week. My new week starts Fri a.m. so my goal
this week is to also focus on getting 1 good week behind me and go from there.

All - hope you are all keeping on track!

Princess1122
06-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Good morning everyone and happy thursday to you all! Today is actually my last day for the work week, I am taking tomorrow off to attend a fiber festival that is happening south of the city - I have signed up for a couple of classes and am looking forward to that. The weather here is still very hot but at least the sun is shining!

Ugh... I need to call the doctor to find out what can be done about my TOM, I mean really, it is like it never stops now, I mean seriously I keep a calendar and by the looks of it I have it more then I don't... that just can not be right.

I have W/I tonight but it is not going to be good, fully expect to be way up. Oh well, will keep at it.

Bandit: Good luck tonight and I totally understand how you feel, when we hurt ourselves and can not do what we normally do it is hard to stay motivated. I hope you have a great weekend!

Judy: Sounds like you pulled it together and had a great day yesterday... awesome! I know how you feel about going back close to the 200 mark, I remember when I got on the scale and had gone above that line again... I am sure that won't happen to you though, you have caught it in plenty of time!

Have a great weekend all!

Itryharder
06-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Princess, good luck at you WI tonight. And yes, finding out from a doc about TOM would be helpful.

Bandit, good luck at your WI too. I love chips and hate it when people bring them into the house. If they and cookies and crackers and marshmallows and chocolate aren't here, I do a lot better. LOL. I like your idea about planning for and having snacks on hand.

Today is going well, but I'm hungry----time to get away from the computer and do something.
Judy
234.6/199/180-'s and thinner :cool:

terrod99
06-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Hey All TGIF

I have had no internet for over a week!!! Just got it back yesterday something with the modem! They had to ship a new one, funny how it only took 24 hours when I finally yelled and threatened to change providers on Wed. Anyway you don't realize how much we use it til we lose it!!!!

Not enough time to read all the posts! Will try to later or Sat am. Hope all are well and keepin at it!! I am just at the end of my bad leg (from falling through the deck) The bruise went from knee to ankle, the pain has stopped now, dug 2 slivers out of my ankle yesterday! So back to the gym with me!!!! Have been walking at lunch time. Eating well, but too much must get that back under control!!!

Glad all you turtles are keepin at it ! Will catch up soon!

Terri
Still here and keepin on!

life4evr
06-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Good morning everyone dropping a quick note, before I leave to go out of town. So I weighned in today and I am basicly hte same weight. So I can leave with that considering i have been eating alot and not exercising. Another one of my cousins is getting married this weekend. So the eating will probably be a toss up. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

bandit2
06-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Morning turtles:

Terri - glad to hear your leg is better and you can get back exercising.
I find that makes a big difference. Those darn decks - I slipped on my trailer
deck 3 weeks ago and my knee is still sore, getting better but not 100%.

Life - have fun at the wedding, I love weddings. So much fun.

As for me, had my weigh in last night and knew I would be up but did not
expect to but up 2#!!! Seriously - I was surprised.
So I guess no excercising, eating chips, too much bread etc etc finally
caught up at the scales.
Hopefully that is a wake-up call & my goal is to do better this week.

Going into Toronto today and getting my hair done, so will be nice day
with my daugher and get all spruced up for the summer.

All - have a great weekend!

Itryharder
06-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Terri, glad to have you back online. Sorry about your leg, but glad you're well enough to get walking/exercising again. Weigh to go!

Life4evr, have a great time at the wedding. I always find the cocktail shrimp they usually offer because I love that and the points plus are good.

Bandit, sorry about your gain, but this week should be better. Enjoy the day with your daughter and your new "sprucing up"!

Yesterday was another good day. Today is a challenge----breakfast out with my friends, then tacos tonight at my dd's house. We'll see our grandson and kids, so that will be fun.

Have a great weekend. {Princess, enjoy your day off of work! It's pretty weather here---not humid, sunny and bright. I've got my good attitude back again.
Love, Judy

terrod99
06-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Rainy Sat here! Is suppose to clear up by this afternoon.

Caught up on all the posts, sounds like everyone is keepin at it! Its all we can go keep going and not give up!

Princess can relate to the TOM situation had that going on for awhile, google endometrial ablation, had this done last sept. now basically have a few drops a month or nothing. There are a few options it is definitely something that can be fixed.
Bandit hope you had a good day with your daughter.
Life/Judy It is all about the food! If we are really good every day we should be able to go different functions and have a few treats! So enjoy!

Everyone have a great weekend!
Terri

bandit2
06-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi turtles;

Terri - yes, I am listening to the rain right now and it is suppose to pass soon.

Judy - glad your good attitude is back that is half the battle right there, how
we think and react to situations. Enjoy your day!

Princess - hope you are feeling better with the TOM thing. I haven't had
to deal with that for a long time since I had hysterecomy (fibroids) but remember being perimenopausal which wasn't fun- never knew from day to day what would happen, lots of nasty surprises. But Terri is right - there
are different solutions so you shouldn't be putting up things you really don't have to. Good luck with that.

All - so anyone make/try any new recipes. I need to shake things up for next week. Think I will focus on one big salad daily for my lunch with some protein and maybe some smoothies or cereal for breakfast then a healthy dinner of some kind. All sounds great - but the putting it into action is the
challenge.

Tonight going dancing with the ladies (bad knee and all) just will take it easy
but fun to get out

All - enjoy your weekend!

life4evr
06-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Hey everyone I had fun at the wedding. I hit the the ellipitical this morning n the gym, I had a plan of eating a lot. Which didn't happen. I was still hungry afterwards. Since we are traveling it has been alot of fast food. Which equals too much salt for my poor body. Everyone asked me was i loosing weight. so score one. Felt a little better since I am trying to loose those same 5# again Other than that's it. Have a goodnight.

Itryharder
06-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Life4evr, what wonderful compliments about losing weight. :hug: . So glad you had fun at the wedding.

Hope you had fun dancing with the ladies, Bandit. :dancer: :carrot:

All goes well here. Had a :hb: for my dd. It went well. Had a BBQ with cuke salad and beet salad and some roasted veggies-----grilled pineapple slices indoors and they were delicious! Had a lean burger patty which pointed out to 3 points plus in comparison to a Sabrett's regular hamburger patty which is 8 points plus----ugh! this way I could have a burger on a bun and still stay within points plus.

Talk soon. Princess and Terri, hope you had nice weekends.
JUdy

terrod99
06-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Hey All Monday Again!

Weather looks good this week, sun and heat, hope it sticks for the weekend. We have our dragon boat races this weekend. We have a team from the clinic, that my husband and I are on, its a great day if the weather is good, but not so fun if the weather doesn't cooperate!

Can't motivate myself to get back to the gym!!! Havenot been weighed in weeks!! I am falling apart. Must get back at it!!!!!!

Did grill some veggies last night, boiled sweet potatoes whole for about 20 min, mixed 2 tb olive oil, 1/2 tsp each of salt pepper cinnimon cumin paprika, sliced the potatoes in 1/2 inch slices brushed oil mix on both sides and put on BBQ for 5 or so min each side. I put a bit of no fat sour cream on them, they were pretty good, also did asparagus, i just put oil, balsmaic vinegar, pepper salt and roll them until there are grill marks.

Judy must try grilling the pineapple it sounds good.

Hope all you have a happy Monday.

Terri

Princess1122
06-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Good morning everyone and Happy Monday to you all!

My last weigh in (Thursday night) I was up 1.2 lbs so this week I am calling the doctor and hopefully so that I can get things to a managable level - not sure it will help with the weight loss but it can't hurt! Weekend was ok with food but not great, I did get to a cycling class and yard work so I got in some exercise.

I will get back on in a bit but have to run now... My work schedule is packed today!

Itryharder
06-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi Everybody---I had a great eating weekend and yet my weight is up a bit.
I've got to realize that even though the food was good (and terrific considering it was a weekend) that "weekend" food for me is often saltier, etc. than daily food. So, I've got to wrap my head around the gain, work to eat very well again today so the loss I saw before the weekend materializes again in time for my WI. If anyone understands this, I'll send in your application to MENSA! LOL. In any case, I like to chime in and let you know how I'm doing. Had a sliver of the red velvet cake and then had the grilled pineapple which turned out to be incredibly sweet and delicious.

Hey everybody----have a good day. Let's take baby steps to get where we want to be.
JUdy

Itryharder
06-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Also: Princess, I'm so glad you're getting to a doctor. When I went through perimenopause/menopause my weight was all over the place and that may be what you're going through now. I'm sending you :goodvibes: that you can find some answers to feel better and your weight will follow through.
Judy

Princess1122
06-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday! Looks like it is going to be another hot one here today but they are saying that the rain may hold off so I would imagine that walking group is on for tonight although I may cancel it since D-DIL and I want to go to the gym and catch a Aquafit class instead and since no one shows up I am thinking that I will just cancel it and we can do the exercise that we would rather do :)

We have lots of stuff going on this week so I need to really batten down the hatches and get my plans in place so that I don't see a huge gain. I am not going to meeting or W/I this week as DH and I have tickets to go see a concert that night but since I don't want to see a huge gain the following week I need to keep it all in check now.

Judy: Yep, totally agree with the theory that Peri-meno is causing some of my issues... I am just really being careful about which path I choose since some of them have nastier side effects than the condition itself. There is negitive stuff all over the intranet about so many of the options, HRT, etc, just not sure which one is the one for me yet. I will call the doctor this week though and see what I can figure out with her help.

Terri: Thanks for the suggestion, the Endo. Ablation was suggested to me along with a few other options by my doctor a while back... I just need to figure out which one is right for me. So glad to see you back online... was getting worried when you didn't post for a while.

Bandit: Sorry about your gain at last W/I - I hope that this week will be better for you! Hope your knee is on the mend also! I am looking for new recipes also, with the weather nice we are using the grill a lot and that is helping - the grilled pineapple is a great idea and I have heard that grilled peaches is also very good. I have boneless pork rib's out to grill tonight, they are very lean cuts and go well with a salad and veggie on the side.

Life: How are you doing? My DS just started back taking college evening courses... He is feeling the pinch after just the first class but it will do him good and get him where he wants to go eventually. Anything new with you?

Cherry: You still out there? How are you doing?

I have to run but have a great day all! Another busy one here for me but I will try and hop back on later on to see what is going on with everyone.

Itryharder
06-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi Turtles,
I was able to keep a lid on my emotions yesterday and although I didn't eat exactly as I had planned my menu, the substitutions I made were fine.
As far as food, I've got a couple of cold veggie salads in my fridge which make putting together a lunch very easy----also bulks up my dinner meals which are usually unit foods of one pork chop, one chicken breast, one lean hamburger patty----you get the idea.

Yeah--Princess, makes sense to get information and then decide what should work best for you. Also, have you had your thyroid checked because it was about at your age that my thyroid starting kicking up and I had a rapid weight gain even though I was dieting. Just a thought.

All goes well here. Glad to see Turtles posting and doing our best. I have to keep reminding myself that watching the foods I eat daily and getting the exercise in that I can will work over the long run. I don't have to be perfect and I do have to trust that this will work for me. It's worked for so many. It'll work for me too. I am thrilled that I avoided going over 200#, and my WI tomorrow should show a small loss. Yay! I hope.

Chat soon,
Judy

terrod99
06-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi Gals Hot & Humid Wed Here!

Still avoiding the scale, did go for a 70 min walk Monday night with my son, we walked to the cemetery and looked for relatives! I know there are some buried there but it is so large, we will keep walking until we find them! Soon I am sure I won't be able to get him to go out with me so I am going to enjoy for now.

I have finally given up and hired a cleaning lady biweekly. She'll probably be here all day the first time she comes! Sooo much dust!!!!!! It will be great to only have to worry about laundry shopping, tidying and leaving the big jobs that I hate and sometimes don't get to!!! for someone else. More time for me!

Judy having food prepared and ready to grab is great planning, I spend a lot of time on the weekend making sure that we have everything for the week, so we aren't tempted by takeout! Most weeks we succeed.

Princess Sounds like you are having a busy week, with lots of exercise, your weather sounds like the same pattern we are experiencing hope it cools off a bit soon, hot is good but humid I can do with out!!

Life/Bandit/Cherry hope you are keepin at it and we hear from you soon!

Terri

Princess1122
06-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Another hot one here but rain is moving this way - just in time for our out-door concert tomorrow night, peachy! - but with the rain comes some cooler temps so it will all work out for the best.

Food is a problem for me this week... having a very hard time staying within my points, hungry and find myself eating things that I just should not eat... will give myself a mental shake and get back at it.

Terri: Your walk sounds fabulous! I understand about the kids and when they don't really want to hang out with the parental units anymore... LOL! Mine went thru that and are on the other side of it now... they like to hang out with us as adults. Good luck when you do get to a W/I - I know how you feel though, that first one is the worst after being away for a while.

Judy: Good luck at W/I today! I hope that you get a nice big loss to get you motivated again. Have a great day with your gal pals at WW, I know you enjoy hanging out with them at the meetings.

Bandit: You doing ok? How goes it with the guy you were dating? How did the haircut, etc go when you went to the city last to see your daughter?

Life: I have been losing and regaining the same 5 lbs for over a year now, ugh, it is super frustrating so i know how you feel. How are you doing so far this week?

I have to run but have a great day everyone... drink lots of water in the hot weather and stay cool when you can!

bandit2
06-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Morning, turtles:

As Terri told you hot & humid up here but I love the heat, so bring it on!
Our season of hot weather is very short, so I try and get the most of it when we can.

Princess - I am OK, going to get my knee checked out Fri a.m. since it is still very sore and I have not seen that fellow for a few weeks. As I mentioned he was wanting to move things forward but without putting in more effort for getting together more than once a week & that doesn't work for me.
Another fellow I met last year called me this week and we have chatted a few times & I am suppose to give him a call if I am interested. I hate when they put you on the spot like that - he is nice but also has some health issues. Anyway, when the right one comes along then all these little things won't be an issue. My gf think I have too many rules when it comes to dating but I know I am OK on my own with my gf so not ready just to settle with anyone.

Judy - good luck tonight!

Been pretty good with my menu this week - but overdid it on the weekend.
So hopefully won't be too bad tomorrow at the scales.

I met up with some friends last night & one of them joined WW in Jan & is down 23# so I was impressed with that. She only knows the Point Plus system and likes the flexability. So maybe time to get more strict with my old WW ways.

All - hope you are all having a great week.

Itryharder
06-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi Turtles,
Terri, good for you for getting household help. I found when I was working full time, had two teenagers and a ten year old plus my husband in the house-----no one, but no one wanted to help with household, food shopping, dinner, etc. and I finally told them I was getting help and that was it. it felt good to have someone else do the kitchen and bathroom floors, etc. and was a huge help. Once the kids were out of the house and I was still working I was fine with picking up the chores around the house again----I just had a hard time with cleaning and their clutter. Luckily my husband and I are pretty neat and we don't clutter too much, so cleaning isn't a hassle. The other advantage is my eyesight isn't super spot on anymore and I care a lot less, so what I do, I do. LOL Anyway----hope this household help gets you over the hump.

Princess, you'll get your groove back, but a lot of this is fighting through the hormonal changes you are going thru and not getting discouraged. Patting yourself on the back to triumphs---not necessarily what the scale reads. I'm sending :goodvibes: for you to drop some weight.

Bandit, good for you for being selective with the guys you date. You're a catch!

Life4evr, good luck with your school work and your weight. You're doing a good thing for yourself!
Cherry, how are you and your family?

I had a great WI this morning. Stopped the weight gain and lost 3# this week. I had scared myself silly about crossing the 200# mark and even went to check out Jenny CRaig to see if I could shed some pounds quickly.
Turns out if I keep myself a little hungry, I can lose weight. Counting on knocking off another pound this week. :goodscale:

Gotta run----on computer too long today.
Judy
234.6/196/180's and thinner :cool:

terrod99
06-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Hey All

I think the humidity has passed storms last night ++ lightning and thunder. I like it hot but it was way too humid. So hopefully hit the pavement tonight for another walk.

Judy great job this week, I am scared I am going to cross back over ! But yes if we stay a little hungry that is usually what works.

Bandit you stick to your rules you don't need to settle there are great guys out there you just haven't found the right one yet! Sounds like you have a great life, when you find the right man he will fit right in and you will know.

Princess the weather change here looks like showers for the weekend, we have our Dragon Boat Races Sat, my husband and I are on the clinic team, why is it that the nice days we have no out door activities and the rain days all the events are planned? Always seems to happen that way. But I agree the cooler weather will be better.

Life/Cherry keep in touch hope all is well with you gals!

Terri

Princess1122
06-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Sounds like we are all having very similiar weather... just hoping the rain holds off until after the concert tonight. DH and I worked in the yard and gardens last night and it was so stinking hot that we both got most of the work done that we wanted to, headed for the shower, thru some burgers on the grill and called it a day. I have been getting to bed later and later lately and for me that is a problem... when I am over tired I don't exercise and I don't watch what I eat so my goal for this next week is to get to bed on time, drink my water, get my three exercise sessions in and see how it goes at W/I next week...

Bandit: Totally agree with you, settling is not the answer. Good luck at W/I tonight... I am not going to mine but that is most likely a good thing as I have not made the smartest choices this past week.

Judy: A huge congrats to you on your weigh in results! Fabulous! I would love to have a house helper... but if my contract does not get renewed at the end of this month then I won't need one but with working so much when I am employed it would be wonderful to not have to worry about the weekly cleaning.

Terri: I hope your weather clears for the races this weekend but good luck to you and your husband... they sound like a lot of fun! And I agree with you, the weather does not seem to do what we want it to... LOL - mother nature can be a real pain sometimes :)

Cherry: How are you doing?

Life: What have you been up to lately?

Have a great day ladies!

Itryharder
06-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Hey Princess, hope the rain holds out for your concert. Dh is BBQ-ing right now and it looks like we'll have the rain any minute.

Turtles,
gals, I had a good day today. Having the freezer stocked with lean burger patties (point +=3) and buns-----plus keeping up with my beet salad and cuke salad is helping a lot.

:goodvibes: to us all! And a :grouphug: to keep on going. The summer can be a good time to lose weight. I'm still counting on being in the 180's by the fourth of July.

Judy

life4evr
06-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Hey everyone. I am doing so so. Eating rigt in spurts. Tommorrow is weigh in day so I shall see what happens. School is going okay I am off school tomorrow but i have to work, so yay for me hours. Hope everyone is well.

Princess1122
06-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all. The weather held thru the concert, it was very hot but no rain and we had a good time. Just need to get thru this work day, then it is home to do some housework quick and maybe go to a church festival that is going on this weekend. I hoped on the scale this morning just to see where I was at and did not like what I saw at all which is my own fault and in my control to change so will get back on it right away.

I am very tired this morning so will save my personal posts for another time, late nights are not good for me... LOL.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
06-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Life4evr, good luck on your WI.
Princess, how was the concert?
Terri, how's the weather holding up?
Bandit, good luck with your doctor visit. I hope your knee is feeling better.

As I wrote late last night, food was good yesterday. I'm planning another good day today. Weekend activities may change----not much planned, but I bet the kids come in this weekend.

Have a great day. TGIF to all of you!!!!
Judy
234.6/196/180's and thinner by July 4th~ :cool:

Itryharder
06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi Princess, we posted at the same time. Glad the rain spared your concert!
Have a great weekend. I know you can knock off a pound this week. (And then next week I know you can knock off another pound. We can do this! All the turtles can do this!)
JUdy
234.6/196/180's and thinner by July 4th.

CherryAutumn
06-10-2011, 11:56 AM
I am sorry I have been MIA. We went out of town for 5 days for a convention and it did a number on my weight. I gained a bunch of weight but i have dropped some of it already. I am just going to keep trying and not give up.

life4evr
06-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. So I didn't gain any weight. Which I was surprised due to eating everything. I just felt heavy wierd. Hope evryone is well

Itryharder
06-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi Cherry,
Being up in weight is what we do lots of times. However, you've learned some good habits and it's great to know that you have lost some of those pounds already. WEigh to go. Keep it going in the right direction!

Life4evr, so glad you didn't gain any weight! Let's have another good week.

I have a feeling we've learned so much that a great deal of this
has become routine. Let's all name one thing that we never do anymore.
I'll start.
1. I never eat a full dessert at a restaurant any more! :chef:

Have a great weekend, Turtles.
Judy

bandit2
06-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi turtles:

I turtled at my meeting, so was nice not to see a gain & hopefully will
see a loss soon. I will be missing my Thurs meeting since I will be in
Sarnia for PRD Tops convention, so should get lots of motivation and refocussed by being there for 3 days.

Life - glad you didn't see a gain at the scales!

Princess - nice you enjoyed your concert and the weather held off for you.

Went to doctors and he gave me anti-inflammatories and I also had xrays done, so will see what they say but already feels better being on the meds,
so hoping it gets better soon. But he did say that I could be walking, so
no excuses not to get in my exercise.

Judy - good idea for us to list things we no longer do.

So for me the best thing I no longer do is - not journalling (I journal
every day good or bad faithfully) this helps me to be accountable.

Today I will be having a high calorie dinner - it is ribfest and one of my
friends annual get togethers, but have eaten light all day. Still, will
have to be extra careful after this.

Enjoy your Sunday!

terrod99
06-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Hey All

Monday again! The weekend goes so fast. We got in half the day of our Dragon Boat races Saturday! Then the thunder and lightening started, so the races were called off, we were second in our only race and we beat the other large medical clinic so it was all good. The community raised a lot of money usually it goes to breast cancer but this year our hospital is raising money for a radiation bunker so people don't have to travel min of an hour for treatment. We all had a nice lunch at the outdoor restaurant by the water, lots of laughs, lots of walking. So over all a good day!

Judy -The one thing I don't do anymore is drink my calories, I always have water or calorie/sugar free pop (okay wine and a rare beer!). I also always buy the lower fat or fat free version of say sour cream/cottage cheese or whatever. The rest of the family don't even notice and it doesn't hurt them either!!!!!!

Life/Bandit great job with your weigh ins! Princess hope your scale is being kinder to you!!!

Talk to you all soon! Lets keep at it!

Terri

Cherry nice to hear from you and that you are keepin at it!

Princess1122
06-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday! The weekend was a good one but not where food was concerned... not at all, repeatedly made very bad choices and it is going to show up big time on Thursday, no doubt about it... now it is time to get back in the saddle and move past it!

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend - we had the most incredible weather here yesterday, I mean it was gorgeous!

Got some yard work done and found that we have a leak on our main water line... ugh, will be calling the water company today, praying it is not going to be bad but the house is old so the potential for this to be a very costly repair is huge. Will see.

We went to see The Hangover Part II yesterday... I have to be honest, I did not like it very much but loved the first one... this one was a disappointment.

I have to run, but best wishes for a wonderful week for everyone!

Itryharder
06-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Bandit,
congrats on your :goodscale: and WI. I love your response that you journal all the time. I know that helps me too.

Terri, glad you got in part of your Dragon boat races. Sounds like fun and for a good cause. Can't beat that! I love that you're not drinking your calories anymore. Weigh to go!

Princess, I'm sending :goodvibes: that your water leak is fixed cheaply and well. Ugh. Hey, today is a new day and one to make great choices. You must have been happy about the good weather and working in the garden.
I didn't see Hangover I or II.

I did see X-Men this weekend. Of course it was because of our grandson. Thought it was too horrifying for him, but I liked most of it. Only had two handsful of popcorn, so not too bad. The next day my daughter and grandson came out again and we ended up at Chili's. I had 1/2 of a SW BLT and about 5 fries. Not bad. Checked the points plus when I got home and that was probably around 8-10. I find most of the casual dining places are horrendous as far as points plus. Even eating 1/2portion doesn't really come in at a good amt. of calories.

Had a great weekend. Saw a play based on Gershwin's tunes called S'Wonderful. It was fun----lighthearted, lots of singing and dancing and I liked that. Sat. we saw the movie, and Sunday we got a chance to spend time with our grandson and daughter again. I love having them around. Right now I've got a cole slaw made up in the fridge that will help me if I'm really hungry and need to broaden out a meal. Okay---gotta run. I'm hoping to stay the same or drop some ounces this week at WW's.
Judy

CherryAutumn
06-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Sorry I have kind of been lurking. I am reading posts and trying to get some encouragement to keep trying. I lost some of the water weight from my trip but i am still up a bit. I will not give up but i will keep trying. My biggest obstacle is eating at night before bed after the kids have gone to sleep and it is never anything healthy. It is like and addiction and it is my routine. Routine is really important to me with my depression and anxiety. I want to try to change my routine but it is hard.

Itryharder
06-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Hi Cherry, glad you're lurking. BAby steps will get you where you want to be. Hey, at night when you want to snack, how about trying to drink a glass of water first? I can't do it all the time yet, but I'm working on building that into a routine so I stop my silly night time snacking.
Gotta run-----just happy to see Cherry here as well as all our Turtles.
Judy
234.6/196/280's and thinner :cool:

terrod99
06-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Hey Turtles

Cherry glad you are lurking about!!! what if you painted your nails, read a book, posted on this forum, find something to do so you won't munch, pick an activity that will keep you busy, and don't have the bad stuff in the house, if you must have a treat go out to the store to buy it, don't have it readily available. Break the routine!!!! You can do it mind over matter!!!

I had a good Monday, went for a 30 min walk before the rain started!!! When is summer officially arriving? Friday night is our sevice awards at work the docs are talking us to the country club for a party, it is pretty fancy but they just want everyone to go, so formal is optional, a lot of the girls are wearing long dresses, i bought an outfit before the actual invite came out it is nice, something I wouldn't normally wear so I am excited about it. Going to get an updo and get all prettied up!!!

Hope you all have a great day lets think thin!!!

Terri

Princess1122
06-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Good Morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all... rain is supposed to arrive again tonight and stay for a long time again. At least the heat is not so bad, we have been in the 70's the last couple of days instead of the 90's.

Yesterday was ok, could have done better but it was not terrible, my lunch, breakfast and snacks are packed and in my lunch bag so I am prepared for my work day. Like most of you it is when I get home that the trouble begins so maybe I will take Terri's advise to Cherry... I will keep busy!

Fathers day is coming so I am trying to get my plans in place for that - rain or shine I need to have it figured out for both so that I am prepared.

Terri: Sounds like you are getting back into the groove of things... that is a wonderful thing! Your party sure sounds fun... getting dressed up with an updo means it is a big night! I sure hope you enjoy yourself and I just know you will look fabulous!

Judy: Things are chugging along here, not much is new really just trying to get back on track, I seem to fall off the horse so easy these days... ugh. Sounds like you are keeping busy with family and activities... do you have a special day planned this Sunday?

Bandit: How are you doing? How is your knee doing? I am reading a book right now called The Friday Night Knitting Club - it is very good and I think there is a part II and III also. I am starting to order them up from the public library again instead of purchasing on my Nook. I was told that they have budget to keep me here until the end of September then they have to release me so we are preparing money wise now - so it is back to the library for me which I don't mind at all really.

Cherry: Hobbies are a wonderful thing after the kids go to bed - knitting, crafts, cleaning out closets, doing your nails like Terri suggested, working on a menu for the next day, cutting up and bagging veggies, writing in a journal, lots of stuff for us to do to keep busy! Let me know if you find something that works for you - maybe it will work for me too LOL!

Life: How are you doing? I'll bet you are busy right now but pop in when you can!

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Terri, your awards night sounds like fun. Really enjoy it and the new dress!
:dance:

Cherry, yeah, when I get nudgy and want food (and am trying really hard) I sit down at the computer and play cards----free cell or hearts and soon I forget I was "hungry" because I wasn't hungry, I was bored. Terri has lots of good ideas----I do well when I crochet. :tread:

Princess, so glad they've got you on payroll until September. That's a big relief. Also super glad you've got your day's foods packed up and ready to go. Hey.....what about this? Also clear a spot in your fridge for tonight's snacks----diet jello, piece of fruit, etc. And that's what you can have. If you don't want that, you're not hungry. I talk big and wish I could do that, but in the past I've made a big salad to nosh on-----if I didn't want salad it was some craving pulling at me. Every time I didn't give in, I'd be proud of myself and after doing that for a week, I'd see a :goodscale: Just another form of discipline to get us what we want the most.

Bandit, did you have a nice weekend? :dance: :dancer:

Life, busy with school and work? Here's a :grouphug:

All goes well here. Eaten out an amazing amount of times this week. The scale seems okay, but I WI tomorrow, so we'll see. Had a good discussion with a couple of my WW friends online about how the points + are crazy at places like Chili's, Friendly's, etc. I can do fine at a diner, but these casual food places are insanely fattening. What I noticed is in place of fries they will often let you have a salad instead or even broccoli. Yeah, I'd rather have the fries, but I've got to get real here to lose real weight.

Gotta run. Will start a new thread. See you all at #257 Bale of Turtles Facing the Summer!