South Beach Diet - Will working out...

View Full Version : Will working out...

AKBremer7608
05-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Affect how much you lose in phase 1? I am trying really hard to follow it well. Not enough veggies and maybe a few more cals in sweet treats. I do an hour of Zumba daily and sweat like crazy! Just curious.

AKBremer7608
05-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Weight isn't moving, but my clothes feel a little better so I"m hoping that the inches are coming off, maybe just my choice in clothing lately! lol!

FurnaceOfAchievement
05-26-2011, 01:55 PM
I get the impression that most people don't work out a whole lot during phase 1 since your body may be having some reactions to the dietary change alone (dizziness, for example). I myself passed out at work the first time I did phase 1 - my body was really flabbergasted by the diet! (I fixed that by eating way more snacks - like 2 or 3 between lunch and dinner - so my blood sugar didn't have a chance to get too low).
This time around, though, I am working out every day on Phase 1, and I really think its helping. I focus on clothing fit and feeling slim more so than the scale.

WaistingTime
05-26-2011, 02:43 PM
I think working out can always be a good thing:) If you are lacking energy in PH1, try beans.

asphyxia63
05-28-2011, 12:12 PM
I agree, working out is always a good thing! And just remember that muscle weighs more than fat so if you start building muscle (even by just doing dance-type aerobics!) it may seem like the weight is coming off slower or you may even gain! but remember that more muscle burns fat too! so clothing fit is always such a better measurement than the number on the scale. however, i wish i had taken my measurements before i started. i like to see numbers!