Old 05-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Default having trouble.

Hello everyone. I'm writing this thread because I need some help. As of right now I really don't have the support. I have been for the past 2 to 3 weeks trying to start a new lifestyle change. I'm not on a specific diet of any kind. What I do is try and eat healthier things. I love fruit and eat it if I'vm craying anything of for snacks. For breakfast I would have bannana or Apple or special k cereal with almond milk, or egg whites. Lunch can be a salad a turkey sandwich with a carrot. I drink lots of water,eat least 8 cups. I go to the gym and work out for at least a hour and half. Mainly cardio I least go to the gym 5 to 6 times a week. I frist started at 177 and then 173 and now 170.6 and can't not seem to get to the 160s. Is their something I could be doing wrong. What more should I do. I have been stuck at this number since last week.
skye8080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

So you're at 170.6 today after about three weeks of eating healthier and exercising more...and you started at 177?

Your body is losing at a perfectly normal rate. You're doing nothing wrong. You just have to keep at the healthy changes and your body will reach the 160's in its own time.

You can't force it to go faster than it already is as long as you're being healthier. (Which from the look of what you wrote, you are.)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Um...nothing? Seriously, most women do NOT lose at a steady rate. Your overall loss for the past three weeks is about 2.3 pounds per week, which is awesome! Take a longer term perspective - if your weight loss is slow and frustrating you, will you be better off by quitting and not losing another pound? Would you do better eating less and moving more, but struggling daily against hunger and cravings?

No?

Your plan is a GOOD one and sounds very reasonable. I might make a few healthier substitutions here and there, but it is a solid start. Keep it up for another few weeks and if you see no additional losses THEN it is time to tweak it. But our bodies didn't put it on overnight, they don't take it off overnight either. Rest assured you are losing incredibly well and should be very encouraged by your losses. Outside of The Biggest Loser, 1-2 pounds per week gone is solid, sustainable, healthy weight loss at your size.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 05-25-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You are losing at a great pace- don't get discouraged- at 2-3 weeks 7 lbs is an amazing loss. Eventually it will slow down and you might get to a point where you only average a pound a week, specially as you get closer to goal, and remember that's OKAY. Slow and steady is the way for permanent weight loss.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198.5 /198.5 / 140

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like you're doing great so far. I know for me I can get on a scale mid week (weigh-in on fridays but peek sometimes) and be the same weight as 4 days previous. Then on weigh-in day I'm down 2-3 pounds. That's why I try to make myself wait to weigh-in weekly because when I peek inbetween in just isn't good.

Also for me I have to not just eat right but eat a balance of carbs, fat and protein. For my body I cannot go over 50% carbs, 20% fat and 30% protein. Now I can't get the numbers perfect but pretty close. Tracking those through-out the day lets me know what kind of a snack I can have that won't send my carbs or fat above my level.

It really does sound like you're doing a great job though. Keep with it
Joszac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You are losing at a little better than average. Congratulations. Do not be upset if yor rate of loss slows down, after a few weeks. It often does. It is the bottom line that counts. When you reach goal , how much have you lost. If you lost 2.3 pounds one week and 1.5 pounds the next week makes no differance, it is the total that is important.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #7  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

What everyone else said! You're doing great, keep it up and you'll see the 160's in no time flat.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #8  

Thank you. I guess I was expecting to loose more. I just felt like o haven't been doing much.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #9  

Honestly thank you for the support. I'm 23 and want to be able to have a kid one day and feel good in my own body. How can I tweak it. I don't cook. LOL. help.. from the bottom of my heart thank you.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #10  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi your doing great!! You are right on track. Keep on doing what you are doing. There will be weeks that you will lose 2, 3, 1 or none. Even weeks after woking hard at it a slight gain can happen. That is what normal weight loss looks like.
I also would keep a journal. It really helps to go back and look over what we did right and where we went wrong. I log the date, my weight, diet, exercise, how I felt, etc. I took all my measurements from my neck to my ankles. Some weeks when the weight loss is slow- I have taken my measurements again and lost 2 more inches but not LBS. I have to admit losing inches is more exciting than Lbs. because the scale is not the only way to measure our weight loss progress!
Congratulations on a new healthy lifestyle you are making for yourself.
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #11  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: SCG: 224/218/130

Height: 5'1

Like others said, I think you're doing fabulous.

Are you single or married? It's hard to get into the cooking groove with just 1 or 2 people to cook for. My husband and I have a daughter who doesn't eat by mouth, so really it's just the 2 of us to cook for. You can cook up a big batch of whatever you like and freeze it in portions.
FlipFlop Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 258/234/138

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye8080 View Post
Honestly thank you for the support. I'm 23 and want to be able to have a kid one day and feel good in my own body. How can I tweak it. I don't cook. LOL. help.. from the bottom of my heart thank you.
I'm 25 and I don't cook either or at least I didnt- now I try, but even now that I am cooking more most of my food is either fast food (totally possible to lose weight and not eat absolute junk with fast food) or "assembled" ie measuring out a portion of yogurt and frozen berries, measuring out a portion of hummus and cutting up a bell pepper,putting together a pita sandwhich with bagged salad and. Defrosted pre cooked grilled chicken breast.Is any of this more work than standing in line and buying junk-sure, is it an incredible amount of work- absolutely not. Its totally doable. And while its slightly more work it saves a lot of time even if you take into account clean up. That and saving money jhave gotten me to a place where I am actively trying to cook more.

Good luck! Don't get discouraged!
gmailjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #13  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

skye, you are doing great!!! as others noted you are sailing along, much quicker than alot of us did!! I took me over 2 months to lose what you have already done, when I started.

advice - just keep doing what you are doing! especially if it 'doesn't feel like you're doing anything' - because then you can keep it up consistently, for the long run.

You're so young too which is great to establish consistent workouts early in life.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #14  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I guess my question would be...Have you lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks or 3 weeks? You say 2 or 3. 7 pounds in 2 weeks is AWESOME and 7 pounds in 3 weeks is really good, but if you are trying to get an accurate view of your weight loss, we need accurate numbers.

In another thread the poster claimed she had lost 10-15 pounds in 3 or 4 weeks and was upset by a slight regain. So then you have to wonder...did she lose 15 pounds in 3 weeks, 10 pounds in 4 weeks, 10 pounds in 3 weeks or 15 pounds in 4 weeks? Each scenario would be a slightly different answer. Like you, she is just starting out and you are both under 200 pounds. Being under 200 makes things go MUCH slower in the beginning than those of us who started out at 250+. In these situations entire weeks make a lot of difference when asking others point of view. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

For me, I could tell you the exact day I started and the exact pounds lost each weight in. Maybe I'm just anal when estimates are given. LOL
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #15  

Okay. So last night the BF and I went out because it was our 4 year and 7 month anniversary. Knowing Im trying to lose weight we went to Chillis. I had the Margritia Chicken with Corn on the cob and Potatoes. All the portion sizes were small enough to make me full. At the same time I had some of his cheese fries. Nothing to much just a couples bites. Anyway we decided to go to a movie at 12 in the morning to see Hangover 2. As I went to the concession stand to buy us a fruit punch him twilzers I had bought us Nachos. I know not a wise idea. Anyway I did not wat all of it I ate some but stop myself from eating too much knowing that I am working to get to my mini goal. Long story short this morning I had a banana for breakfast because I wasnt so hungy. I went to the gym for 85mins and did cardio. I came home and weighed my self and im so sad because the scale said 171.2. I know I shouldnt be weihing myself in between my weigh in but I can not help myself all I want to see is 169. I know you ladies said I am doing good but I think Im obessing about my weight to much. How can I stop myself from feeling a little despressed about not loosing so fast enough. Sorry for the vent. I just needed to let it out.