Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Feeling kinda bad

I havent been overeating, I have been trying to get the excercise that I need (its hard with the weather and taking my son because i can only walk when he is with me instead of jogging for a long time lie I normally do. I rapidly lost about 10-15 pounds in two-three weeks and now have jumped back up to 193, my starting weight was 200.0
FRICK. How do I get this damn weight off!? I feel so disgusting and it seems like the calorie counting and being hungry all the time isnt worth it. Halp!
DedSeksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #2  

I am saying that I AM doing the counting and excercise. I am starting to go backward which makes me wonder why I am even doing it all in the first place. This is the first time that I have stuck to losing weight and kept motivation up until now
Old 05-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

I agree that maybe you need to wait until you DO think the hard work is worth it. If weight loss was easy, we would be a nation of healthy, trim people.

This is not easy for anyone and it takes quite a bit of effort no matter the route you decide to take. However, if you are not ready or this is not something you really want, you will set yourself up for failure.

Would you rather give in? or be thin? You decide your own destiny and no one on the forum can make that decision for you. I hope you find what you are looking for... and I hope you find a path that works for you.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #4  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedSeksi View Post
I havent been overeating, I have been trying to get the excercise that I need (its hard with the weather and taking my son because i can only walk when he is with me instead of jogging for a long time lie I normally do. I rapidly lost about 10-15 pounds in two-three weeks and now have jumped back up to 193, my starting weight was 200.0
FRICK. How do I get this damn weight off!? I feel so disgusting and it seems like the calorie counting and being hungry all the time isnt worth it. Halp!
Maybe try scrutinizing your caloric intake?

I feel your pain. It's taken me a little over TWO YEARS to shed 23 lbs... and I have 29 more to go! Does that mean I have another TWO years to LOSE the weight...??

You say you haven't been overeating. Are you sure? I thought - for the longest time! - that I was averaging 1300-1400 calories per day. I was eyeballing portions and estimating calories. Phhht! - when I journalized it and counted EVERY.SINGLE.CALORIE that I ate AND drank, I found out I was closer to 1800-2300 calories... PER DAY! (eeek! no wonder I'm a chubbaholic!!)

So I got very technical about my calorie counting. I'm still not losing weight at incredible Wonder Woman speed, but I *am* losing. And that's the point, right?

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 05-25-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #5  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
...it seems like the calorie counting and being hungry all the time isnt worth it.
I kinda read this as you asking what other weight loss methods are out there to help me lose weight. Not necessarily you not wanting to try. But Lori Bell is right. At the end of the day it is about the calories. Can you tell us what you are eating and when? Perhaps you are someone who is best eating 5 or 6 small meals throughout the day? Or maybe you have a protein dense lunch that helps you get through till dinner?

For me the first few weeks was really hard limiting my portions but eventually my stomach (mind!) got used to eating less. After a month the thought of eating how I used to was just crazy to me!

Believe me, it IS worth it. Every ounce and every pound lost tells me so. And that loss you first saw was likely water weight (very typical in the beginning) and that gain you saw was probably your body retaining that water again. It happened to almost all of us here but we are still chugging along. I hope you do too!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Hang in there!

I think you need to change your perpective. Losing those 10-15 lbs. in 2-3 weeks is really a lot, and probably not a real loss. You dropped really quickly, and then rebounded some, but you've still lost 7 lbs, which is a perfectly reasonable loss. You're not going backwards, you're heading down the right road, which happens to be bumpier than you expect.

If you're hungry all the time, maybe you need to look at what and how much you're eating. You don't mention what your calorie counts are, but going too low can be counter-productive. If it's not too low, but you're still hungry, try decreasing your refined carbs and increasing your fiber and protein.

Good luck!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #7  

my average day is coffee in the morning (1 cup) water and maybe a piece of fruit. Then I will snack on snap peas, a banana, or a string cheese around 10:30.
Lunch time I have a sandwich that has 3 slices of smoked turkey breast lunchmeat, a little mayo, a little mustard and about 10 quakes crackers.
Usually I dont eat again until I get home and lately its just been a baked chicken breast with minor seasonings, about a cup of salad with a tablespoon of ranch. I do not drink any calories unless its on a night out or something, which never happens. I drink water to the point of having to pee every half an hour and I very rarely will snack when I am home. (which is SO hard for me!)
Does that sound right? I am probably doing this whole lose weight thing wrong knowing me! lol
Old 05-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Holy, of course you are hungry!!!

Losing weight is not about "not eating", at the end of the day it is about proper sensible portions. You aren't eating any real food for the first half of the day.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #9  

but what constitutes "real food"?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Quote:
I would starve to death if that is all I ate. Stay away from the refined carbs (bread, Quakes) and eat more whole foods... veggies, fruit, etc. You can eat a lot more for the same amount of calories.

...just my advice... everyone is different...

Last edited by 170starting; 05-25-2011 at 02:01 PM.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Haha okay, bad word to use I would say a balanced satisfying meal. Whether you prefer 3 full meals or 6 smaller ones or snacks or whatever, your body will want a balance of protein, carbs, and fats to stay full. Just a piece of fruit and then a couple of carrots for 6-7 hours will just make you hungry and grumpy (as you've already noted). If you ate a balanced breakfast and balanced lunch, you probably won't experience that hunger and grumpiness. A little bit of hunger, yes, because that's just weight loss, but you don't need ot be miserable to do it. Because as you've already said, it makes you just want to say to **** with it.

= sustainable.

That's what it's all about.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #12  

Check out whfoods.com for a pretty solid outline of the healthiest "real foods" out there. What I would do if I were you is look at ways to incorporate more lean proteins into my day. Beans, nuts, fish, eggs, yogurt. It's really hard for me to stay on a plan if I'm not tracking each morsel, but MAN when I list it out like that -- just sounds delicious!

If you can stomach breakfast -- I'd scramble a couple eggs, diced veggies and low calorie cheese. I sometimes even eat black beans with my eggs in the morning to get even more protein and fiber. Maybe at lunch toss the bread and add in some cheese slices to make turkey roll ups. That way you still get the fun of the mustard, and even the mayo, if you want it. And it's EASY.

From looking at your plan, it looks like you might not even be hitting 1000 calories a day, and you probably need between 500 and 1000 more. That's GOOD news! Every body is different, but it is extremely common to see the scale drop and then hit a rough spot. I generally take it as a sign that I need to shake up my routine, so you're in the right place!
partypantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #13  

thanks ladies. I will feel less guilty about eating a little more. And I will check out that website. Thanks again