Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team 2011 BL Summer Meltdown Getting to know you

Bigmid
05-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Blue Team Members,

To those of you who are returning welcome back! To those brand new to the challenge welcome! This is going to be a great summer adventure for all of us as we continue/begin our weight loss journeys together. As team leader, I am simply the ďnumber cruncherĒ each week. I am the same as you. I struggle with my weight loss. I have good days and bad days. We all live busy lives and have many things going on. My hope for this summer challenge is that as a team we can come to this thread weekly seeking encouragement, support, and understanding from people who are experiencing similar things. We do not all lose weight the same way. What works for one, might not work for another. But this thread is a great tool to see what other people are doing and whatís working for them.

These first few days between May 25th-May 29th is so that we can get to know our team members. On May 29th I will post the official threads for the first week.

Sincerely,
Shannon

Important Challenge Information:
Please read this thread for important information: Biggest Loser Challenges FAQ

Each week on Sunday evenings, I will post the weekly chat thread, nutrition journal, and last chance workout journal. It is up to you which you would like to participate in. However, please note, in order to be eligible for weekly biggest loser and overall biggest loser you do have to participate at least once in the weekly chat threads.

Please copy and paste to the weigh in thread your weigh journal. You will come back to it each week to post your weekly weigh in. You DO NOT have to post your weigh in on Sundays, simply by Sundays at 10pm AST time (google it ). Example: If Sarah weighs in on Wednesdays at her Weight Watcher meetings, then she can post her weekly weigh in on Wednesdays each week. Then when the team leader calculates on Sunday she will have already entered in her weekly weigh in. You only get 2 freebies for the whole challenge so use them wisely if you must. If you donít weigh in by 10pm AST, then as team leader I will allocate a freebie to you. If you use two of your freebies and then miss another weigh in you will be changed to an unofficial member and you can continue tracking your progress but your totals wonít count towards the official team numbers.

Thanks Shannon, I borrowed your write up hope you don't mind. Only the names (team) were changed:D

Bigmid
05-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Hello Blue Team,

Well here it is again the start of a new challange. I always love the start of a new beginning. This is my 6th or 7th now I think and 3rd or 4th as leader.

I will mess up now and then as leader, I may (most likley) have some gains along the way but this is my journey and I am only human.

I will say what I always do at the beginning of a new challange, we are all just people we will have ups and downs and I never want you to feel bad about the ups. They happen. I always post my gains as it keeps me accountable, we may lose the week to the Red Team but at least we are being honest to ourselves.
About the only time I take a freebie is if I have been on holidays (holiday weight) as I know it will come off quickly and why it came on in the first place. You can use them or not it's up to you.

Well I look forward to getting to know all of you more.

Beck
05-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Hello Blue team!

I'm Beck, mother to six kiddos ages 13-5, mainly a stay-at-home mama, but I also teach Hebrew and Judaism part-time at our local synagogue and JCC. I enjoy sewing, reading, DIY home renovations, the beach!, and spending time with my family and friends.

I always gained a lot of weight with my pregnancies. I was able to get it off after my first 3 children, then had some issues with the pregnancy with my 4th child, which led to lots of emotional over-eating. I did get a good amount off after he was born, but I became pregnant with my twins when I still had about 35lbs to lose. I ended up on 9 weeks of bedrest with my twins, had a hard time getting back my strength, lost a lot while nursing both (to 15 months), then packed on the pounds after I stopped nursing and due to emotional eating (I was diagnosed with PPD and anxiety after their birth).

I finally feel like I'm getting back to myself. I've read the Dr. Beck books (not why my user name is Beck, that's my nickname) and her methods have helped me greatly. I'm not using any specific plan; I'm counting calories, exercising, eating clean, and keeping a lazer focus on my goals to a healthy life. I also read The End of Over-eating by Kessler and it has helped me break my addiction to sugar and fat.

I'm looking forward to this challenge and to getting to know all of you better.

Matilda08
05-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Hello Blue team

This time around I am going to try to participate as much as possible. I would like to get back on plan with my eating working isnt a issue. I hope to stay on plan and make the best of this challenge!

Soon2BFitChick
05-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi Blue Teamers!!!! :cheer3:

I'm Selina.. happily married mom to 3 and hope for one more... I work on our business paperwork and am at home with our kids, rushing to sports, etc. So stay super busy but this is a great place to come to lose weight! Congrats on joining the challenge! I've been around a long time, since 2005. Love this place, love the challenges. I am hoping to end this challenge at about 145 then begin lifelong maintenance. Hope you all have a great summer and I know we will all enjoy the summer challenge!!!! Go blue!!!! :cp:

DrivenByAmbition
05-25-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm Tori. I don't really have much to say about me, but I look forward to being on this team with you all.

Amberelise
05-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Hi Blue team! I participated in the 3FC BL Challenge a few years ago and even made a real life friend out of it. (Who turned out to be my 4th cousin!) Crazy! Anyway, it was really fun, so I'm super excited about doing it again.

I only have about 13 lbs. to go, but I suspect it will take me THE ENTIRE summer to wave goodbye to them.

I really struggle with eating the right foods. I always start the day out perfectly, but sometime after 6pm things go haywire for me. Hopefully this challenge will be the extra incentive to keep me on track.

My exercising has been picture perfect. I'm on day 27 of P90X. I haven't missed a single workout! I'm definitely seeing physical results from it even if it's not really showing in the scale.

I work as a legal assistant at a major law firm, so I don't move from my desk at all during the day. No kids and I'm not married, so not much else to talk about. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Laura G
05-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Hello Blue team!

I am a 34 yr old mom to 1 girl age 2. I am a type 2 diabetic and I have PCOS. I also have the dubious honour of being the "heavy-weight" on our team. I live in a town in Saskatchewan, Canada. I've been married for almost 5 years. My mom lives with us. I work as an admin assistant, so I am also chained to my desk for most of the day.
I love to swim, read and downhill ski. I have started gardening - this is my 2nd year at it.
I am pumped about being in the challenge this time around, and I am looking forward to all the challenges out there. My official wi days are Fridays, and I am rarely on the computer on weekends.
That's me in a nutshell, now let's go kick some butt!

mumtoliam
05-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi everyone. I am Vanessa, a single mum to a 7 year old boy. I work full time and sometime find it hard to fit ME in. I participated and started my weight loss journey in the last challenge. I was really focussed at the beginning and I am struggling at the moment. I have been unwell for 5 weeks and havent exercised in those 5 weeks. I havent tracked as much as I need to. I have still lost but I know if I was more focussed I would see bigger numbers. I feel last challenge was like the honeymoon phase... the weightloss stuff was brand new, I was keen and more motivated. This challenge will help me make it more a lifestyle change for life. Cause that is what it has to be to see success continue. I know that the support I need is gonna be here, so thank you for participating. I have been doing weightwatchers. It works for me. I was part of a personal training group that met on Tues and Thurs for an hour... I hope they will still have me back next week. I am going to be the unfit one amongst them again. I was getting so fit prior to getting the flu.

Welcome back the old blue team members, welcome to the newbies!
Cant wait to get to know you all better!

Doragone
05-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi Blue Team!

Glad this is finally starting, I've been a bit off plan, but I want to get back to the straight and narrow once again. Looking forward to getting to know the newbies and reacquainting with the former members. Here's to a melted summer.

Dora

bnhtla06
05-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Hi everybody,
This is my first BL challenge. I officially started my diet/exercise in March this year and I've been slowing down a little bit, so I'm excited to have some new motivation to keep me going. I work at a hopsital 4 10 hrs shifts per week and my husband recently lost his job, so I've been working another 8-10 hrs on my day off. I have really struggled to find time for exercise with that schedule, but diet alone has never worked for me. I'm really looking forward to getting to know and losing alongside all of you.

dream710
05-26-2011, 01:17 AM
Hello Blue! This is my 6th or 7th challenge. My name is Bridgette, I'm married with two children; DD 8 and a DS 2. I work full time as an administrative assistant in a local trucking company. I used to be a calorie counter, now I'm trying to eliminate processed foods and focus on eating healthier. I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody.

abetterme
05-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Hi everyone!
I'm Kelsey. This is my second challenge. I'm an army wife and stay home with my 8 month old daughter everyday. I work out as much as I can with DVDs and walks with my daughter on nice days.
Im looking forward to this summer challenge!

CaitLA
05-26-2011, 01:53 AM
Hi Blues! I'm Caitlin and I just started my weight loss journey at the beginning of May. I'm doing a Medifast/low carb/calorie counting sort of thing and it's worked really well so far, so I am feeling very motivated. I'm really looking forward to this challenge because I think it will keep me accountable.

QuillysQuest
05-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Hello Blue team!! :)
I have participated in the 3fc BL challenges twice before a couple years ago and I found it really motivating to do. I don't know why, but having to post your numbers in front of other people really does help to make ya feel accountable and like you want to stay on track.

I had a lot of fun with this before, so I'm really glad this new challenge is finally starting and I can participate again.

A little bit about me - I am an American living in Sweden, I own my own creative writing/editing company, and that means I do most of my work from home.

I have been married to a wonderful man who treats me like the goddess I am :) for 9 years in June. We don't have any children yet, though we haven't closed the door on that possibility entirely yet.

I am currently in the middle of writing two different novels which means I spend a lot of my time sitting in front of my computer, but I have recently joined the gym in my town again, after almost 2 years away from it. I have just started a new routine of working out at the gym 3 times a week and doing other active stuff including dvd workouts, riding my bike, going for long walks with the dog, etc at home on the days that I'm not at the gym.

I'm realllllly not good at tracking my food, but I am trying to get into it using the sparkpeople.com food tracker. Even if I don't record everything, I've started being very careful about what I eat again. Trying to avoid processed foods, trying to eat organic and cut out all white sugar from my diet.

I'm not a big eater in general, I tend to eat pretty small portions of food most of the time, I'm not all that fond of cooking because I'm not all that fond of food in general. If I didn't have to eat, I probably wouldn't. However, that has never seemed to affect my weight much. I usually get in about 1500-1800 calories a day before my weight loss efforts really started, and now I'm going down to 1200 - 1500. But, for me, I think the key to weight loss is going to be about the exercise more than anything else. So, I hope to be joining in on all the challenges and exercise threads :)

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everybody on the blue team. It's great to have a team to work with on this journey!

GO BLUE!

maryshady
05-26-2011, 07:49 AM
Hi everyone!!! This is about my 6th or so challenge. Finally got on track in November and shed 25 lbs after years of gaining and losing the same 10 lbs. I did it using hcg but now ready to just continue to eat healthy and workout hard. I would love to lose about 13 more lbs. My goal had always been 135 but now that I am in the 150's I feel 145 with muscles :) would be a great weight for me. I am a married mom of three (all grown) & I have granddaughter. All my kids are coming home this summer to live with us. So it will be really nice to have them all under 1 roof again probably for the last time.

I started working out again two weeks ago and love it. Been doing BL dvd's and turbo jam. My dd is bringing P90X with her when she moves back in and we are going to attempt it together! lol!! I'll let you know how that goes

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

KayakGal
05-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Hello Blue Team,
I am so excited to get get started with this challenge. I am a calorie counter
that loves gadgets. I used a bodybugg last year for a few months and really learned a lot about how many calories I burn daily. I have a fitbit now and love it. I know what I need to do to lose weight and with the support of the blue team I am headed toward my goal. We all are!!!
Go Blue Team!

Sue

Soon2BFitChick
05-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi Sue and Mary and all other Bluezers!!! :yay:

Having coffee, then running to grocery store to fetch stuff for my daughter's bday party Sat. Need a few more things.

I'm excited about this new challenge .. I may hit goal!! Will hafta lose an average of one lb a week plus a little more... Gonna tryyyyyy!!! :goodscale:

Ok, hugs, gotta run, have a great day!!!!
Selina :hug:

lad143
05-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi Blue Team Members!

My name is Lori, I am 35 married mom of 2 - age 8 and 12. I have been married for almost 9 years. I am an enginner so I spend most of my day sitting at my desk.

I began this life change for me in late March - found this website shortly there after. I cannot wait for this challenge to begin. I have been working out at home - elliptical machine, BL for Wii, Just Dance 2 for Wii, hand weights, and Jillian DVD's. I also use my iphone to track all calories and exercise.

My goal is set at 145 (started at 195). I would like to reach this by 11-4 when we leave for our family vacation. 145 will put me at pre-baby weight.

Oh - and I am super competitive so I really hope that will help not only myself in this challenge, but also all the blue team members!

Amberelise
05-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh - and I am super competitive so I really hope that will help not only myself in this challenge, but also all the blue team members!

Lol, I am too! That's why I think the challenge worked so well for me a few years ago!

I'm strongly considering shifting to P90X doubles in order to have better weight loss. This challenge may actually convince me to do it. I'm just wondering if I'll have enough energy for it.

Matilda08
05-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi Team I see I am not the only one who has a hard time with eating. my deal is i binge eat:( but i am working hard to stay on plan. i mainly count calories.

What plans do you others follow?

Bigmid
05-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi Beck Ė Welcome to the challenge, wow 6 kids must keep you very busy.
Iíve never read the books you mentioned but Iím glad they have helped and
that you feel ready for this new chapter. If your ever in Canada I have tons of DIY projects that need doing:D

Hi Matilda Ė Glad to have you back for another round, I am following nothing right now and that is why I have been doing so badly. I was doing WW on my own then when they switched programs I tried it but without having the materials I didnít do well. Then never got back on anything. I guess Iím sort of just calorie counting. My treat days are usually Sundays but lately
I have made them all weekend.....that too needs to stop:)

Selina Ė Wow you have done just awesome on this last challenge. Iím a little jealous...when I started the challenges we were close in weights and now you have totally blow me out of the water:o time for me to do some much needed catching up.:D Any word on the new baby?
Iím sure you will make it to goal this time around your doing amazing.

DrivenByAmbition Ė No need to say much just come and read the posts for inspiration and when you are ready you too will be chatting. Welcome to the challenge.

Amberelise Ė Welcome back to the challenges!! Thatís pretty cool that you made a friend and then it turned out to be your cousin. Good luck on your goal for the challenge. Iíve heard the P90X is an awesome workout but havenít been brave enough to get it myself.

Laura Ė I used to live in Saskatoon and have toured around other areas in Sask. Itís a nice province. Iím not a big fan of gardening or any outdoor chores for that matter. I know itís a great workout and a very good source of vitiman D:) Good luck with the challenge.

Hi Vanessa Ė Welcome back to another round of BL, are you feeling any better yet. You are right this journey has to be a lifestyle change for it to be permanent . We are here to help you refocus all your effrts back on to you. A personal training group sounds like it would be fun and very motivational. Iím sure they will have you back.

Hi Dora Ė Glad to have you back, you did very well last challenge so Iím sure youíll do great this one too. Still loviní the weights?

bnhtla06 - Congratulations on joining you first challenge, these are a great place to come for ideas and motivation.

dream - Welcome back your so close to goal thatís awesome.

Kelsey Ė Welcome back to the challenge. I hope you make your mini goal ASAP

CaitLA Ė Welcome to the challenge, they really do make you more accountable

QuillysQuest - Nice to have you back after a couple years, sounds like a busy but very nice life you have in Sweden. I wish I had a dislike for food:( would make this a whole lot easier for me.....I love food:dizzy: Good luck with your journey.

Hi Mary Ė Glad you came back for another challenge, you too are getting close to goal. Thatís awesome. It will be nice for you to have all the kids back this summer....enjoy.

KayakGal Ė Hello and welcome to the challenge. A friend has lent me her bodybug (gowearfit) twice now and I too learn what I am burning but it doesnít seem to help me lose:?: I like hitting all the targets though so itís like a game to me to see if I can beat it. :smug: I donít know much about the
fitbit but Iím glad you like it.

lad143 Ė Welcome to the challenge how do you like the BL for the Wii, I heard it has lots of running in it....if thatís true then I would like it. I have also heard the DDR2 is awesome....should I invest?
What app are you using to track calories and exercise? I have tons on my phone and all are good in some way.....I wish I could take components of all and make one perfect app:D

Well I better start getting ready for work now, I was bad and didn't exercise today but I'll run around at work and make up for it. It has been raining so hard today that I didn't go for my run but I should have at least hopped on the elliptical. Oh well that's what tomorrow is for....to make up for all the things I missed today:dizzy:

Have a great day everyone and welcome to the Blue Team :carrot::carrot::carrot:

laughs4107
05-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone!

I really need some motivation lately and I am hoping that joining this challenge will help.

I have hovered within the same 10 lbs for most of my adult life so far, with the occasional weight lost that made me feel amazing and then the weight gain that makes me feel like crap.

I am just trying to get back into diet/exercise routine that works for me. I have officially started today. I am going to do some sort of minimal carb/counting calories thing. i have had success with Weight Watchers before and may switch over to that in the future, but right now I just want some motivation and to feel better about myself now that shorts/cut dress/bikini weather is coming. hoping to feel comfortable in a bikini for this summer.

Looking forward to reading about everyones progress!

maryshady
05-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi Sue and Mary and all other Bluezers!!! :yay:

Having coffee, then running to grocery store to fetch stuff for my daughter's bday party Sat. Need a few more things.

I'm excited about this new challenge .. I may hit goal!! Will hafta lose an average of one lb a week plus a little more... Gonna tryyyyyy!!! :goodscale:

Ok, hugs, gotta run, have a great day!!!!
Selina :hug:

Selina-Let's pledge to hit goal together. I think we have relatively the same amount to go!

Mercy03
05-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Hello everyone:D

I'm Liz,and I think this is my 4th challenge with the blue team.Life has taken some turns in my life this past year and I somehow have lost my way,but I am here to FINALLY put everything that has happened last year behind me.

My goal for this challenge is to lose 15 pounds by August and more importantly to beat JACKIE:D

Looking forward to a great summer challenge and getting to know all of you.

lbsaway
05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Hi Blue Team,
I'm very excited b/c this is my first challenge....I've been kinda in a rut since I lost 17 lbs since the beginning of this year...but have hit a plateau and can't seem to get out of the 160's ...I keep gaining and losing the same 3 lbs..hopefully this challenge will help with that...I look forward to getting to know everyone. I am a mother of 3 boys and they keep me very busy. I mainly count calories and try to do some sort of exercise everyday.

tmil206
05-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Tori. I did this challenge a couple of years back and and it was very motivational. Now I'm back. I just had a little girl 10 weeks ago, started back to work last week and nothing fits. So time to lose the baby weight plus some additional poundage.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Go BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lad143
05-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi Shannon - to answer your questions:

I like the BL for Wii. I have the older version and am thinking of investing in the new BL game. The original has a set workout everyother day. Each workout targets different areas of your body to get a great overall workout. On "off" days you can do challenges or pick an area of your body to workout. You can pick either a 4-8-12 week challenge. Every Monday is weigh in day. You perform a challenge and at the end need to step on the scale. The bottom 2 contestants are then showed on the screen and you get to pick which one goes home.

I've never played DDR. We have Just Dance 2 and Just Dance kids. Both offer a nice workout. Thinking I need to invest in a monitor to determine calories burned. I do know that I sweat a lot on these games.

And finally I use myfitnesspal to log calories and exercise. But I love target weight by tactio. On my iphone the app by tactio shows a number in red even when not in the app. It's always visible. The red number is how many more pounds to reach goal. Nice motivation.

Somni
05-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi team! I did a couple of challenges a while back and was very motivated. I remember Selina on the blue team back then and am wow'd by how well she's been doing. :) And it's awesome getting to do the challenge with my best friend (Quillysquest), since she's living on the other side of the world these days.

I am following WW now which I love so far. I am at the gym 5 days a week, and do walking (and now some very very intermittent jogging) twice a week on the track or treadmill, 2 days a week of water aerobics, just changed the third water aerobics class for spin starting this week, and then yoga also on 3 of those days. My next goal is to work on getting a plan for strength training in place.

I also love to cook so I'm always looking for yummy recipes that are healthfully minded without compromising flavor. :)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and having a great summer!

Amberelise
05-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Hi ladies! So, today is my official weigh in day and I gained a pound. So, the good news is that it's back to where my stated starting weight is anyway. Obviously the bad news is I gained a pound!

Although my diet wasn't perfect, I really do believe I averaged 1500-1600 calories every day this week, which is good for someone 5'9" isn't it? And, I'm doing P90X! I haven't missed a day. My only guess is that it was week 4, the rest week, and maybe my body was preparing for the heavy weights and such. When it didn't happen, weight gain? Who knows. But, I'm going to tell myself it means I'll have a 2 lb. loss next week in time for our first weigh in. :)

I'm happy that we've got a lot of participation already! It will help me tons with the dieting portion knowing that I've got all of you ladies supporting me!

myhaloisintheshop
05-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Hello Blue Team!

This is my first BL challenge. I needed something to keep me in check this summer as it tends to be the toughest time for me to be on track.

I am 31 and have been married for 14 years. I have four sons who keep me incredibly busy!

I am a calorie counter and I have actually just busted through my first plateau. normally I have quit far before a plateau comes a long...lol Not this time. This is starting to be a lifestyle for me and Im working on finally fitting in workouts. I love Wii Zumba--I have an elliptical but honestly I find it boring.

My birthday is mid August so I would LOVE to shed many more pounds by then!

brizza
05-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Hello blue team!!
I'm 20 years old, and this is the first time Im doing this challenge.
I've struggled all my life with overweight so
I started to exercise in Jan but then I got all lazy and was not motivated at all, but I found this site and got really motivated.

Im really excited to do this, I know that this summer will be life changing!
I'll put all my energy into it.

Bigmid
05-29-2011, 02:34 AM
Hi everyone just a quick check in to say Hello as I have been MIA I went to my running class last night right after work and then out today looking for a dress for my neices grad......no luck yet.

I have also been busy playing with my new android tablet thinking it would be great to not have to turn on the computer all the time.....so far I hate it. Doesn't do anything they said it would and no apps will load onto it:( not sure will call the help desk tomorrow.

Liz.....me thinks them are fightin words:) Your on!!!!! we'll see who gets who this time around:)

Mercy03
05-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone just a quick check in to say Hello as I have been MIA I went to my running class last night right after work and then out today looking for a dress for my neices grad......no luck yet.

I have also been busy playing with my new android tablet thinking it would be great to not have to turn on the computer all the time.....so far I hate it. Doesn't do anything they said it would and no apps will load onto it:( not sure will call the help desk tomorrow.

Liz.....me thinks them are fightin words:) Your on!!!!! we'll see who gets who this time around:)

It will be me:) No EXCUSES this time,let's just do it:hug:

abetterme
05-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Hey Bluezers
Thought I would tell you how I've been doing!
Well, to tell the truth, right after posting my official weigh in, I had a really bad couple days. Actually a bad week. I know I've gained. I am posting to make myself accountable. I feel horrible about it! I really want to lose what I've gained by next weigh in!
But I am back on track now. I have been doing BL Cardio Max every other day. It uses weights during your cardio. It's really a good workout.
It might take me longer to reach my mini-goal but I will do it!
So wish me luck...going to a BBQ today! I will be good. :)
Have a great day everyone!

Bigmid
05-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Liz - memememememememememememememe......to win:) actually both of us will do it this time around

Kelsey - Hope you were good because I sure wasn't today.

I have to be good now til the end of the challange as summer and shorts are finally here.

Moving this over to our week 1 chat.