Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #1  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Default BMR and your daily calorie amounts..

Hi gang,

I am working on getting back in gear and planning my next few weeks meal options (I like to have several breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner ideas).

I am wondering what my calorie range should really be.
I have had issues with binge eating in the past and want to make sure I eat enough so that I don't feel like I am depriving myself in any way (this always leads to trouble).. My BMR is around 1740 I found here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

I am planning on making my range from 1800-1900 calories a day for a while just to see if I can actually lose at this rate (I estimate I will lose maybe a pound a week for a while at this).. I am ok with that because I am really pulling myself up out of some bad times with extreme dieting.

It really needs to feel almost like I am not dieting for a while thus the higher calorie count plus I only am walking a bit right now for exercise.. I am pretty much a slug! (will be working on that).

My question is how do you well do most of you lose at eating around your BMI? Curious minds and all...
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #2  
I think I can...

We are about the same weight and I eat 1,800 calories a day and rarely feel hungry. I've been losing about 1-2lbs a week, so i'd say that calorie range is right on target for what you hope to accomplish.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:22 AM   #3  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Good Morning MzKiki,

Thank you very much for your post. I am very glad to hear it! Have a great day.
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/see ticker/120

Height: 5 ft 3 in

My BMR is 1472.7, according to that calculator. I eat anywhere from 1000 - 1500 a day (so far this has averaged out to 1256 calories a day).

I have lost about 10 lbs/mo doing this. With the exception of TOM, I do not get hungry very often. My meals are mostly whole grains with protein and a serving or two of veggies cooked in, and fruit for snack.
chubbypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/167/140

Height: 5'4"

If you happen to obsess about calories (like I do), make sure to give yourself free calories for greens and non starchy veggies. ie: fresh spinach, lettuce, broccoli, kale, cabbage, asparagus, celery, the list goes on.

I understand that they do contain calories, but the count is very low and they are very filling and contain healthy fiber.

extreme dieting can really take a toll on you mentally. Just keep up the good work and don't give up. Your calorie count looks like it will work just fine!
sniperhil is offline   Reply With Quote