Old 05-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/222/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Beige Menu Option #2

I am confused. On the Beige Menu, how many nights a week can you sub option #2 for Option 3? Is it the whole list only 2 times a week or just red meat 2 times a week. I cant live on fish and chicken forever!!! Thanks in advance.
chasing skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #2  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing skinny View Post
I am confused. On the Beige Menu, how many nights a week can you sub option #2 for Option 3? Is it the whole list only 2 times a week or just red meat 2 times a week. I cant live on fish and chicken forever!!! Thanks in advance.
From the whole list only two times a week. I understand how you feel, though--I wanted to eat salmon and red meat much more often than I was allowed.

Have you tried bison? I used ground bison in my MRC Texas chili, as well as with a mock-spaghetti made with spaghetti squash. I even made bison burger wraps once in a while--grill the ground bison as patties, the wrap it in a tortilla (or open-faced on the 45-cal bread) with tomato, lettuce, and mustard. I also made buffaloaf (bison meatloaf) once in a while, with my veggies hidden in it--and now my husband actually prefers my MRC-friendly buffaloaf to regular meatloaf.

My husband also hunts deer, so we did venison once in a while, too. You have to be careful with venison, though, as it can get tough during cooking.

You will get through this! Check the recipe thread for some ideas to change it up--eating plain chicken or fish gets really boring really fast. Have you tried the ranch chicken fingers yet, for example? Yum!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/222/170

Height: 5'7"

TY! i live in a small town, so no Bison here except some live ones about 10 miles out, lol. At any rate, I am going to a big town Sat where my center is and I am going to go looking. I love Venison, but have none. We have plenty of deer in our yard at night, but its not hunting season, and I kind of like them as pets I am going to get some Turkey also and Pork Loin.
chasing skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing skinny View Post
TY! i live in a small town, so no Bison here except some live ones about 10 miles out, lol. At any rate, I am going to a big town Sat where my center is and I am going to go looking. I love Venison, but have none. We have plenty of deer in our yard at night, but its not hunting season, and I kind of like them as pets I am going to get some Turkey also and Pork Loin.
Ground turkey breast and turkey sausage are pretty good. We add quite a bit of spice to it but my family loves ground turkey breast seasoned with taco seasoning and lime juice and black beans served on a salad.

It does take some adjusting, but it is not forever and it is worth it. I really advise using herbs, spices, lemon or lime juice, the chicken boullion from the center, ect to add more flavor to your food.

Mariah
momoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #5  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

I do what Mariah does with Ground Turkey - I add the low sodium taco seasoning then make lettuce wraps. So you could have a salad or other raw veggies and then the lettuce you use for your wrap counts as part of the raw veggie. I'm single, so when I made these, I had dinner, 2 more 6oz. portions for left overs, and 2oz. for a snack.

I actually prefer Elk over bison. But you have to be careful when you are cooking Elk because if you over cook it.. it's down right nasty!
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote