30-Somethings - Week of January 5th

View Full Version : Week of January 5th

LBH
01-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Hi All,

I'm here, counting the minutes until DH gets home with my Benedryl!! :D Hope everyone's having a great weekend! I have to go into work and finish cleaning off my desk today, since I didn't do it yesterday.

RoadRunner
01-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Hello....all is well and asleep for a moment soo I have time to say hello!!! She really didnt sleep too well last night, and I must say it is rough when U R not feeling up to par!!!!I did put on some jeans today..for 1 minute..fit well but didnt feel well with that incision..It is soo low that even the maternity jeans rub that low and it bothers some...I will be glad to be back to myself soo I can think seriously about doing it again!!!:lol: :lol:

Tech--Thanks for the info..I will get things moving after my 6 week check up and I am set free!!!!!

Take care!!!
RR

KarenK
01-05-2003, 06:58 PM
Hi all,

I spent a very lazy day today. I read my book and that's about it. Now I have to get busy and do some laundry :(. That's what I get for being lazy all day. I totally forgot I had to get a baby shower present while I was out shopping for Alex yesterday. Maybe I will get serious and get something for Alex too when I got out shopping again.

Lauren: Hope the Benadryl made you feel better. Drink lots and get lots of rest.

RR: It's only been 2 weeks!! Give yourself some time. Besides, aren't warm-ups more comfortable than jeans?

I bought several baby magazines yesterday so I've been reading up on how to treat colds, soothe a fussy baby, buy a car seat..... whew, sure hope I'm ready when the time comes.

Have a great evening.

LBH
01-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Hi All,

I'm still miserable. A little dryer, but still achey. My whole rib cage hurts from coughing. :( I had to go to work today and finish up things since i didn't go yesterday, and didn't finish Friday. I was there from 1:00-almost 6:00! At least I got everything cleaned up. It was snowing when I left though.

Karen- I'm a total magazine junky. We have a Graco travel system with the infant car seat, and we're getting the Britax Roundabout convertible carseat for when he gets older. It's pretty expensive, but it's the best one out there.

RoadRunner
01-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Hello all!!! Doing nothing and enjoying my time alone!!! Thank goodness everyone is at school and work and I am just sitting here with my baby!! We have read books, eaten, changed diapers, eaten, changed diapers, eaten etc etc!!! She slept every 2 hrs exactly last night soo she is better!!!!

Lauren--I have been packing up over bought things to bring back..DH brought back over $100 of stuff not needed..I had no clue when I was buying things..It is too funny how minimum U need for the beginning...just a good bouncy seat and car seat and that is it!!!Glad U R done with work and resting..Hope UR better today!!!

Karen--when is your due date???
RR
Have a good day all!!!

lizzard_h
01-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Happy Monday,
My spa day was absolutely magnificent!!! I felt guilty spending that much money but then I thought about how much DH spends on his boat and I didn't feel so bad anymore. Besides it's a once a year treat for myself.

I had a good weekend but didn't do much. Finished getting the house put back together after the family left and I did lots of sleeping. I think my body was very tired. I'm all better now and even made it to the gym at 5:20 this morning. It was fun to see everyone again and we are all dreading how lazy we were over the holiday. My legs and rump are already feeling a little sore so I'm gonna be hurting tomorrow.

So far six days and counting with no alcohol. :) That's a miracle for me. I've wanted a glass of wine a couple of times but instead I've been carrying around a big bottle of water with me in the evenings to sip on. It's not quite the same but it's doing the job for now.

RR, it sounds like the two of you are on a good schedule. I hope it stays that way. Enjoy your time alone!!

Lauren, I hope you get to feeling all better soon. Get lots of rest -- you're gonna need it.

KK, did you enjoy your lazy day? :) I was lazy all weekend. My goal was to just get one thing done each day and I barely managed to do that. Thank goodness DH felt productive.

Have a great week!!
Liz

Legal Eagle
01-06-2003, 01:30 PM
Hi all!

Busy weekend, just getting stuff done around the house. I didn't track points all weekend, but I did stay aware of what I was eating & think I did pretty well. My "official" Monday morning weigh-in says I lost 3.6# since last week, so I'm on track to get to 145# in the next 2 weeks!

Lauren - hope you're feeling better now

Liz - good job staying away from the wine!

It's starting to get busy again at work. I'm going to try to post at least every couple of days and not disappear again, but I may not be able to always respond to everyone's comments and goings on, so please don't be offended if my posts aren't long the next few weeks!

Have a great day all!

LE
150.8#/147.2/125

LBH
01-06-2003, 03:25 PM
Hi All,

I'm feeling a little better, but I took my last Zithromax this AM, so I hope it's gone! I am taking 1 regular Benedryl every 4 hrs. and it's really throwing me for a loop. :dizzy: I was up at 6:30 (well, actually 5:30, but laid in bed til DH got up), took all my drugs, and fell asleep on the sofa around 8, until almost 11:00 I think it was.

Finally dragged my butt up, got a shower and went grocery shopping. By the time I got home, I was totally exhausted (was only gone about an hour and a half total), so I laid on the sofa again to watch my soaps. I took more Benedryl at 3, so I should probably be about ready to fall asleep again any minute now! :lol:

LE- Congrats on the loss!! I just got a good look at your avatar today, that's really cute!

Liz- Glad you had a great spa day and are feeling back to yourself! And good for you staying away from the wine and drinking water!! :D

RR- I wish I had been smarter and not taken the tags off everything and washed it all! I'm just such a sucker for all those cute outfits, I can't wait to dress him in them all! :lol:

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Rabbit
01-06-2003, 04:34 PM
Hi all. I've been so busy, but thought I'd pop in for a minute. Nice that we have some people back! :)

I've really got to run - but I'll be back.

I rejoined WW and think I'll have a good weigh in this week - the holidays were tough!

Rabbit

KarenK
01-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Hi all,

I had the day off today because we have a low case load. So, I got all the stuff done that I should have done yesterday!! :) I did the shopping and had lunch with DH. That was nice. There's a tavern by his work that has been around since the late 1700's. It's pretty cool. The original building was the fellows house along with being a tavern and inn. It's so small it's hard to imagine that that much stuff used to be in one building.

RR: I am due May 1st. It seems so far away and yet, it's already January :eek: . I just got the Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy book and I am enjoying reading it. What kind of things are you returning? so I will know not to even purchase it!!

Liz: I enjoyed my Lazy Day very much!! I paid for it last night by not being able to sleep but I had a very nice day. Cool on staying away from the wine and WOOHOO on making it to the gym at :eek: 5:20 in the morning. I've no idea how you can do that!!

LE: No biggie, just stop by when you can. We're always happy to see you.

Lauren: Hope you are feeling better with all the drugs. Did you guys get lots of snow today? We got lots but nothing that stayed for long. The trees were pretty while it was snowing.

Rabbit: Sure hope you have a good weigh-in. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Have a great evening!!

LBH
01-07-2003, 09:10 AM
Hi All,

Feeling a little better this AM...finally! Still pretty stuffed up, and coughing, but I also just got up, so once I take a shower, I should be better.

Karen- Yeah, we got snow on and off all day, but nothing that really stuck to the street, just the grass. I was looking at the trees around our property too, and they did look really pretty! A girl I work with is due May 1st too!

Rabbit- Good to see you!! Hope things slow down a bit for you, so you can check in here!! :) Good luck at WI!

Well, at 11:30 last night, DH was pulling apart the sofabed. He decided to sleep on the sofa since he only got 2 hrs. of sleep the night before listening to be cough. :( It's a very comfy sofa...great for Sunday afternoon naps...but I guess he figured he'd rather stretch out. Anyway, my mom bought this sofa out of the paper for me, for $99., about 6-7 yrs. ago! It was probably about 7-8 yrs, old then, one of these big contemporary style things with the removable cushions that I have a love/hate relationship with. :lol: Anyway, I think it's more than paid for itself, and now the frame on the bed is bent and twisted...not sure how that happened, but it has been moved 3 times!! I told DH today I'd call the town and find out how to get rid of it, and we'll check the paper for another used one. He suggested maybe checking out Ikea, because we're going to go there this weekend with the pick up to pick up some furniture for his friend. I dunno, I like Ikea stuff, but I don't think I'd like their sofas, not comfy enough, ya' know? I think I will call my SIL today, because DH told me they redecorated their family room and made it a game room, which means they don't have their sofa in there anymore! It was pretty much the same as what we have, just a different print. I'm hoping they still have it in the basement or something.

I really hope I'm feeling a lot better today or tomorrow, because there's soo much I need to get done, and I just don't have a lot of energy to do it!

Have a great day all!!

RoadRunner
01-07-2003, 10:31 AM
Good Morning!!! Rough night last night...WOW..this is soo hard not to get irritated when U R awakened every hour and then forced to stay awake for 2-3 hr intervals...I think it was my fault cuz Refman played hockey last night..came home late and me and him talked which made her think it was play time and she refused to go to sleep.....Of course now..she is asleep and I am too tired to sleep..My mom came over yesterday, gave me a 2 hr nap and bathed Kaylee for me..What a big help!!!

Lauren--Glad U R improving!!! Not too much longer..maybe the cough will dilate things and get them moving!!! haha no such luck huh????(check yahoo mail)

Karen--Let's see..My MD doesnt allow lotions or powders..brought them back..I bought way too many bottles(I am breast feeding), bottle rack for drying, changing station,(have one in my diaper bag), spoons(dont need them now), 8 blankets(too many), way too many burp cloths etc etc....I wash soo much that U really dont need too much. BTW--Buy the largest container of Dreft..U will need it!!!!!!May 1st will be here before U know it!! DH and I are gonna consider getting pg again in August...We are gonna have a serious discussion..

Rabbit--Hello again!!!!!
RR

Rabbit
01-07-2003, 01:01 PM
HI.

Hard to believe it is 2003, huh? I keep writing 2002 . . .

It is so warm here today, the snow is melting. Guess we are having a January thaw.

Ds is home from school for his break - nice to have him. He will be starting his last semester in a couple weeks. Time flies! He has applied to law schools and is just waiting to hear.

Lauren - hope you are feeling better today.

RR - wow, you're already talking about another one?:eek:

Ok, gotta run. Have a great healthy day all.

Rabbit:flow1:

TechAlum
01-07-2003, 04:49 PM
Hello All,

Not doing too well on the diet front. Guess I don't have Liz's willpower, we've got WW tonight so we'll see how much damage was done over the holidays. I'm due for TOM so I can't seem to stop eating, I mean my stomach is growling even though I'm eating what I normally eat. Does anyone else have this problem????

Anyway, I haven't gotten much done, I took down the tree on Friday, but still haven't taken down the rest of the decorations. I like how the windows in the dining room look and I haven't gotten around to making treatments for in there yet. Been paying bills and stuff today, I really need to get a better paying job I'm tired of scraping by. Why is it the good paying jobs are a pain and the fun ones don't pay squat :?: . Oh well, it'll work out soon.

LBH - Sounds like you're feeling better. Good luck with "Petey".

RR - From what I've seen Grandmas can be a godsend. My mom helped out my sister a lot in the first few weeks. Of course she was off work on medical but that's another story.... Get sleep where you can and have fun. From what I've seen you can never have too many burp cloths, that kid must go thru a dozen a day!

LE - Congrats on the loss :eek: , check in when you can, don't worry about responding.

Liz - Glad you had a good day at the spa. I've got a couple of gift certificates to redeem but haven't. I tried to the week before Christmas and it was ugly (looooong story). Congrats on staying away from the wine. I've not been so succesfull.

Rabbit - Hope WI was succesfull for you. You are always so active, I'm impressed.

I forgot to mention my cat came back last night. He'd been missing since 12/17 and we figured he was a goner. K thinks he might have been back a couple of days ago he saw paw prints but figured they were the neighbor's cat's. It's good to have him back but he lost a lot of weight, never thought there'd be something in this house that was too skinny :lol:

Oh well, should probably go. Maybe we can walk the dog's before we leave. They'd like it and I need to get moving.

Have a great week everyone.

- Tech:df:

KarenK
01-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Rant from a Pregnant Woman...Feel free to skip....

DH just invited people over for dinner without checking with me. I realize that hormones are probably making me overreact but I am so mad right now. The house is a wreck, the dog has shed all over the floor and they are going to be here in about an hour. I hardly know what to do. I haven't done anything but run around like a crazy woman trying to straighten stuff up and the dog is standing in our bedroom door looking at me like I'm crazy. Maybe I am :^: .

OK, thanks for letting me get that off of my chest. Sorry to rant and rave so.

LBH
01-07-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi All,

Karen- You deserved to rant!! He tells you at 6:00 that company is coming for dinner?! Good grief, I would've said, OK, I'll order 2 pies then instead of the one I was gonna order!! :lol:

Tech- Glad the cat came back! That's amazing!!

Rabbit- I can't believe DS is finishing his last year!! :eek: It seems like he just went off to college last year or something!!

RR- I washed all Peter's things in Tide. Everyone keeps saying don't bother with Dreft, just use Tide or All Free & Clear. I went shopping today and bought a bottle drying rack because I didn't have one. Even though I'll be BF'ing, eventually I'll need them for daycare. Bought some storage bags for the pump too.

I'm beat...guess I'll be headed to bed soon.

lizzard_h
01-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Hi all! So far so good. I've been able to make it to the gym each day this week. Today I made it all the way thru my normal workout, however, I'm still not close to doing the weights and levels that I was before the holidays. I'm hoping next week to start pushing myself a little. For now I'm taking it easy and my muscles are still trying to figure out what the heck is going on. :D

Karen, yep DH owes you for that one!! I would have been upset too. Hopefully all went well though.

Tech, this is the only time of the year I have some willpower but it's still not as strong as I want it to be (see food journal). :) The only way I'm able to keep off the wine is I don't have anything I like at the house. I really wanted a glass bad last night -- hectic day at work -- but since we didn't have any it wasn't an option.

Rabbit, what is warm to you. :lol: It was brrrrr cold here in FL this morning. We had to cover all the plants last night cuz they were expecting a freeze. It was 36 when I got up. It's really hard to get out of bed and go to the gym when it's that cold.

LE, congrats on the weight loss. I'll be glad when I can say that. I haven't lost anything in several months. This is MY time though. :)

Hi to all those I missed. Have a great day!!

RoadRunner
01-08-2003, 10:05 AM
Hello!!! Much better day!! DH and I went to bed at 7pm..fed the baby and she slept while we had some quiet time together until 9:30...After eating again, she slept the rest of the night at 2hr intervals but never cried..DH laughed cuz I was asleep feeding her at one point...He said, he was brushing my hair and he noticed my head was floppy...All I can say, is Thank Goodness for the Boppy Pillow!!!(Plus I am in the middle of the bed soo she cant fall if I do go to sleep!!!!)He carried her around in the carrier yesterday evening and she just snoozed all snuggled up to his chest..She loves to be all bundled tightly, I guess because she was in a 5ft mommys body soo long!!!:dizzy: He was getting a little jealous cuz I can console her soo easily soo it made him feel good yesterday!!!!!

Lauren--Kaylee switches very well from bottle to breast with the Avent slow flow nipples..I like to allow DH to feed her from time to time and it never confuses her..Also..Pampers Newborn..hate the Huggies newborn..they leak from the back..of course maybe it is a "girL" thing and the boys will be different!!!! Right now, I am using Huggies Preemies... BUY 2 BOTTLES
OF MYLICON DROPS!!!!

Liz-horray on the gym!! I am soo angry..My gym doesnt offer free daycare anymore when U work out..I was soo mad cuz DH and I have a couple membership and to get the childcare they want me to pay $38 more a month..I dont think so!!! We are gonna switch gyms in May to get one with free childcare!! That is ridiculus!!

Karen--Yeah on the cat comming back!!!!I would have been mad also..Men sometimes dont think!!!!

Tech--Yesterday was the first day Kaylee ever spit up..Maybe I should have kept some of them burp cloths!!!!:D

Have a great day all!! It is 9am feeding time..The best thing is..I am burning fat!!!!:lol: :lol:
RR

LBH
01-08-2003, 10:57 AM
Hi All,

I must be feeling a little better, because I'm starting to get back into "I want this child out" mode! :lol: Although my biggest gripe right now is the pain in my ribs. It's just on the right side now, and feels like a jabbing pain, not the all around cough pain I had...know what I mean? It hurts to sit up, turn, and of course cough. :rolleyes: So I guess he can wait another week or so to be born...

RR- I bought a bottle of Mylicon drops awhile ago, to prepare. Guess I'll have to wait and see on the diapers! Good that she switches back and forth w/o problems. I hope Peter will be that way, so DH can enjoy a feeding here and there. Today I packed my toiletries bag. DH has to get my suitcase out of the shed so I can pack the other stuff. Mom bought me a couple pairs of PJ's too. I was reading a tip on another board, one of the girls was saying to wet a pad with water and put it in the freezer and put that in your crotch for afterwards, that it feels wonderful!! I'll have to remember that. :) I'm going to mess with the breast pump I got from my mom's boss's wife today, clean it up (it's kinda dusty), and hook up the new parts I bought to make sure it works. Do you use a pump? This one is a Medela Pump in Style. I bought storage bags yesterday and I'm wondering if they're all interchangable? I bought the Medela ones, but they have twist ties, which doesn't seem to make much sense. The Gerber ones were zip lock, which seems better, but I wonder if they work with this pump?

Liz- Good for you sticking with the gym everyday! Keep warm!! Amazing to think it gets that cold in FL, but I remember when I was there in Dec. '94, my friend and I were at Disney, and we had our wool coats on, standing outside waiting for a bus to bring us back to our hotel at 11pm!!

Have a great day all!!

Rabbit
01-08-2003, 12:43 PM
hello.

I did not give in to nighttime snacking last night and I'm so happy with myself.:smug:

Tech - About the job/pay thing - I guess it's for the same reason that everything really tasty is high in calories, fat, etc! ~ Thanks for the good luck wishes, I weigh in on Thursday night. ~ glad your cat is back.

Karen - It's not pregnancy hormones, I probaby would have been furious! :o (particularly when my house is a mess).

Lauren - I know! I figured some one would remember when he went off to school. That was so hard on me. ~ Can't believe you are due so soon! :bb:

Liz - well it was in the 50's during the day, that's warm. Today it is supposed to be in the 60's during the day! For me, 36 in the mornings wouldn't be bad either.

RR - oh yes, those burp pads came come in real handy. I'm sure you're thrilled to have some time alone with the baby.

later all.

Rabbit :D

Legal Eagle
01-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Afternoon all!

Things are going pretty good here. Doing better on my eating and even went walking last night despite the fact that it was 34 degrees & windy outside!

Rabbit - Good to see you again! I too can't believe that your DS is in his last year of school! They grow up so fast don't they!?

Tech - so glad your cat came back!

Karen - hope you didn't beat hubby too bad for the last minute notice! We have a lot of impromptu dinner guests, but they just take whatever was for dinner anyway!

lizzard - great job on going to the gym!

LBH - glad you're feeling a little better! I love IKEA, but all I ever buy are odds & ends. I like their furniture, but it's more modern looking than will ever look right in my house!

RR - glad to hear you're getting at least a little sleep!

Have a great day all!

LE
150.8/147.2/125

KarenK
01-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Hi all,

Well, I am feeling *much* better today. DH very kindly apologized and brought me flowers last night. Dinner was OK, we ordered out for cheesesteaks. Not very healthy but I didn't care last night. The company stayed until after 10 though. I was having trouble staying awake. I didn't even notice DH snoring too much last night so I really zonked out!!

Tech: So cool on the cat coming home!! I lost one of my cats back in the beginning of Nov and it's so hard!! Sometimes when I hear the other one racing down the hall I think Pixie must be chasing her and then I remember she's gone. Maybe it's her ghost giving Sheba fits!! :D I know what you mean about the job vs. pay stuff. I took a $5/hour paycut for a less stressful job. That was four years ago and I've only made about $1.50/hour back in raises. Oh well, peace of mind is worth a lot!!

Liz: Cool on staying on track at the gym!! That's great. We have a new treadmill downstairs and I've been on in exactly once. I keep thinking I'll go walk but I haven't made it yet.

Lauren: I am glad that you are feeling better. It must be fun getting ready for the baby. I'm having fun reading The Girlfriends Guide right now. I think I will get DH to help me tackle the nursery this weekend. I don't think it would take much to get it cleaned out if we put our minds to it.

Rabbit: Wow, time is flying by. Where will he go to law school? Will it be close to you?

RR: Cool on Kaylee sleeping through til feeding time without crying. That must make for a much less stressful night!! I have visions of a crying baby making the dog bark causing a migraine for me!!

LE: Whoa, good for you walking in 34 degree weather. I hate for my nose and cheeks to be cold so I know I would never be doing that!!

Have a great evening!!

BigPhatBooty
01-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Oops - swore blind I had posted on this thread - but it must be last week's! Need to catch up with all the posts - hope everyone is doing well here. We've had some snow in London :eek: and it settled. It's cold and currently I have no desire to be at the gym for 7am each morning. Check back later - hey Kaylee :bb:

RoadRunner
01-08-2003, 05:27 PM
BPB--Glad U R back!!!U bring such cheerfulness to the thread and we miss your life philosophies!!!

Lauren--I use the medala pump..but I use the avent converter and pump into the avent bottles and just freeze the bottle..Like today, my mom just got one out, ran warm water on it and fed Kaylee while I did my 1 hour bath, hairwash, soak etc etc..Felt great too!!!!

Karen--get that nursery ready!!!May will be here in no time!!!!

LE--Yeahn on the walk!! When K is over 6 months, I am buying the jogging stroller and heading out!! Can't wait!!!!

Rabbit--Congrats on saying no to the night time snack!!! That is sometimes the killer on the diet!!!!
Have a great one!!Duty is calling!!!
RR

LBH
01-09-2003, 09:12 AM
Hi All,

Well, I am officially 39 wks. today...starting my 40th week!! :eek: I have an appt. with the midwife at 10am, hoping she'll do an internal. (Geez, who woulda thought anyone would ever want an internal!!) :lol: But I doubt she will, and if she does, I doubt anything's going on down there. :rolleyes:

I got a little neurotic last night after a really horribly emotional day. Petey wasn't moving for the longest time, and I could only remember feeling him maybe 3 times all day yesterday. I drank some OJ around 10pm and laid there waiting to feel him. Finally after about a 1/2 hr., he rolled around a few times, enough to make me feel better!! Guess he's just tired of being tossed around every time I cough!! Or just lazy...

RR- I actually posted a question to some ladies on another board about the storage bags, and they all agreed that the Gerber bags are compatible, cheaper, and much better because they're ziplock...just an FYI... :)

BPB- :wave:

Karen- Good for DH apologizing and bring flowers!! Hopefully he learned his lesson!! :lol: I found out from my SIL that we will have the crib sooner than I thought...probably by February...so it looks like I will need to redo the baby's room anyway! It will need to be totally changed around to fit the crib!

LE- Yeah, their stuff is waaay too modern for my taste too, but in another sense, modern is soo clean and organized looking, you know? I was watching I think it was Room by Room on HGTV once, and they were saying that modern is a good choice for people starting out, because it's less cluttered and more sleek and organized looking. We got a few pieces there when we first got married: a wall unit, a buffet, and another glass door buffet thing that we have the microwave on. The wall unit is kind of modern looking, but the buffets are both more country-ish.

We threw out the sofa bed frame part of the sofa last night. Still have the mattress folded up under the cushions though, because DH has to get some plywood to make a solid frame underneath. :rolleyes: Told him we can't procrastinate with that, because we have no seating should anyone come over!! (Like we ever have company!!)

Rabbit- :wave:

Have a great day all!! I'll check back later with results from my appt.!

LBH
01-09-2003, 11:56 AM
OK, so I'm back, and of course she didn't check me. :( Everything is good, but since I haven't felt any Braxton Hicks probably nothing's going on. I see her again next Thursday, so maybe then she'll do an internal. This little guy is just way to comfy in there!!

Rabbit
01-09-2003, 12:01 PM
HI.

Had another OP day yesterday. I'm glad to be back to my regular exercise routine - I'm really noticing the weights I'm doing. :strong:

Legal - yes they do grow up fast. ~ Hooray for the walking!

Karen - glad everything worked out fine. ~ I don't know yet where he will go to school, he applied quite a few places. I think it will probably be someplace different than where he is now, he's ready for a change. So then he will be farther away. :( But I'm excited for him.

BPB - hello!

RR - you are so lucky to have your mom to help like that.

Lauren - ok, I've forgotten again. So when exactly are you due?

have a healthy day.

Rabbit

LBH
01-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Rabbit- Next Thursday, 1/16. But the midwife said if I had gone to her from the beginning, she would've made my EDD more like 1/21, because I have long cycles, they run around 31-35 days, not 28.

RoadRunner
01-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Good Morning!! Well, Tootles is asleep in my lap on the boppy pillow!! The book and the pediatrician says U cannot spoil a child before 4 months of age but I am wondering!!!:dizzy: :?: She is getting soo funny..Last night DH played hockey but we learned, I sneak out, meet him in the bathroom and we talk when he gets home!! She stayed asleep all night at exactly 2hr intervals soo I am up to 90 minute cat naps between feedings!!!!If we talk in bed and she hears us, it is up all night after that!!!!I had DH laughing yesterday- when I read to her, I change my voice for the story, and she just grins and smiles!!!!:smug: I wish I had met DH 10yrs ago and could have had 5 kids with him!!!!!He is the perfect husband and daddy!!!!

Lauren--SEnding U some labor vibes!!Hmmm..maybe I am not the one for that since I couldnt even help myself!!!! :^: Glad U R better!!!Advice--get plenty of sleep now!!!!store it up!!!Thanks for the tip about the gerber bags..I am going to Babysus this weekend soo will check them out...I am starting to store up for MD visits when I need to be out!!

Rabbit-Horray for the OP day!!!I will be able to get back to the routine of excercise in 3 weeks..They restrict soo much with the c-sect. I am gonna go to some post partal excercise classes with the baby!!!I think it will be fun!!!!

Well, DH and I took SD#2 for her 1 yr post surgery visit with the cardiologist..She is perfect..My mom baby sat while my dad helped with the chest x-ray and then DH met me at the MD office and held her down with the EKG and Echo..She is soo strong for a 40lb child!!!I am helpless right now and as wild as she was didnt chance getting kicked in the belly!!!
My mom was funny..SHe brought a baby scale and comes to weigh Kaylee every day cuz she is "just too little" !!!She fusses about her needing formula!!I find her to be perfect and she is growing just right!!!!Grandma's are a trip--esp nurse grandma's!!(sorry Lauren!!!:lol: )
Have a great day!!!
RR

LBH
01-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Hi All,

This being home all the time is wrecking havoc on my internal calendar!! I was convinced it was Sunday when I got up at 5:30 to pee!! I couldn't understand why DH got up right after me and didn't come back to bed, then I couldn't understand why the guy upstairs left soo early... :rolleyes: It wasn't until I got up a little while ago that I realized it was Friday!!

RR- That's great that Kaylee's on a kind of schedule. Too bad she wakes up soo easily though...I hope Peter is like me and sleeps like a log! Geez, please don't send me labor vibes...it might be Ground Hog Day before I go into labor!! :p

Well, I no Benedryl for me today, I have to finish cleaning the living room, bathroom and kitchen, because our friends are meeting us here tomorrow AM to go to Ikea! I wish DH could've taken off today to help, but he said he'll do Peter's room (which is still his "closet") tonight. As far as our bedroom is concerned, that's why there's a door on it!! :lol:

Rabbit
01-10-2003, 01:06 PM
hello.

I lost 5 pounds last night at weigh in!! WooHoo!:spin:

Lauren - I thought your due date must be soon since you are off work already. But I couldn't remember. Are you getting excited? Do you get a really long maternity leave?

RR - whoa, 2 hour intervals! :eek: ~ The baby exercise classes do sound fun. Enjoy! ~ so glad to hear sd#2 is perfect. :)

Ok, gotta run, repairman is on the way.

Rabbit
**who is 5 pounds thinner.
**the incredibly shrinking woman.

LBH
01-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Rabbit- :cb: :dancer: :bravo: WooHoo 5 lbs.!! That's a great way to start off the new year!!
Unfortunately no, I don't get a long maternity leave! :( They allow 4 wks. before your due date and 6 wks. after birth...8 wks. for c-section. I mean really, that barely gives me enough time to get the hang of breastfeeding, and I've got to wean him to a bottle too...all within 6-8 wks.! ARGH... It annoys me that I work for a healthcare company, and they are soo stingy with their time. Unfortunately I don't have the kind of job that I can work from home either. I could probably do 1, maybe 2 days from home, but they would never let me anyway. I get very frustrated thinking about it, I wish DH made more money, and I could stay home, but he'd have to make pretty much double what he makes now, because we have to rely on both our checks to live, and we make about the same, give or take 1K.

We do have a plan though, he's going to paralegal school starting in March. It's a 10 month program, and hopefully his company (he works in a big law firm now), will give him a paralegal position and a decent raise once he's done. He's been with them for 12 years, so he does have some pull. And judging by what they get paid, he should get an increase of at least 8K if they hire him as a paralegal.
We expect to have his debt paid off within 1.5-2 yrs., and we plan to sell my car and get something inexpensive for awhile too. That way we save almost $400./mo. in car payments, plus insurance, if we just get something to commute in. He'll, of course use the "junker" and I'll drive the XTerra. :D There's a lot we could do to trim our budget too, but we both unfortunately have to work ourselves up to it...too used to living w/o a budget and not worrying about things. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, we've been bombarded lately with costly things. My car's been in the shop for like 3 weeks...should be getting it back tonight, or tomorrow. Hoping the extended warr. covered most of that cost. Then there's the old sofa that needs to be tossed, but we'll probably have to just fix it somehow for now. Add to that the fact that my company is screwing with me, and I probably will not get another paycheck until early Feb!! :)

Ugh, didn't mean to turn this into a vent...sorry! Hope everyone's having a great day!!

RoadRunner
01-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Yeah Rabbit!!!!!
Lauren--feel free to vent anytime!!! That is why we are here!!!
RR

KarenK
01-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Hi all!!

Whew, what a couple of days!! We went to see The Two Towers last nite and it was a great movie. The three hours weren't as bad as I was afraid they were going to be. :)

I had off again today because our case load is so low at work. I am starting to worry about whether or not my job is going to hold out long enough to go on maternity leave!! Then I start worrying about having to find a job pg!! What person in their right mind is going to hire someone who's going to be going out in three months!!

Lauren: I totally relate. I want so bad to stay home with Alex. DH is willing if we can work things out. We are looking into refinancing our mortgage to pay off my bills. We think we can make it on DH's salary if we do that. Go ahead and vent, it will make you feel heaps better!!

Rabbit: Yeah!! You go girl!! Five pounds is totally awesome.

Sorry for anyone I missed. I didn't go back to see what I missed.

BigPhatBooty
01-11-2003, 06:00 AM
:wave: Hey all! Glad to see everyone is doing really well and I guess I nearly almost a cyber auntie! LBH - I can't believe how stingy your maternity leave is - especially as you are working for a health care company. Legislation over here is about to change - from 6 April - all mums will get 26 weeks leave (won't bore you with formulas or calculations) and if you have completed 26 weeks service by 15th week before EWC - you get to take another 26 weeks leave - but this time unpaid.

Life ain't to bad right now - hubby is much better. We have decided we are going to Miami in May for a holiday - 1st timers to the USA - so any tips greatfully received. I start a new job on Monday week and my boss is scared in case I stitch him up before I go :devil: - that's just not my style :s:

The job market over here isn't too great and it seems to be really affecting those in IT, banking, insurance and loads of people are scared to move because of lay-offs. One of my colleagues wants to get back into Marketing, but is scared because she is now visibly pregant and knows that "indirectly" she will be automatically ruled out when she goes for interviews.

Lifestyle wise I need to start again today - haven't been to the gym all week, we had snow and ice and I had no desire to go to gym. I plan to do a bodypump class today - should be interesting.

That's it for now - need to go and do some housework - and boy does it need doing :lol:

RoadRunner
01-11-2003, 08:29 AM
Good Morning!!!

BPB--U R almost a cyber auntie to a nephew...U already have a niece!!!! :D :D She is doing great..Up to 2.5hrs of sleep in a row at night...She did cry alot yesterday but stops when held..Hope I am not creating a monster!!!!:s: :s:

Have a great day all!!!
RR

TechAlum
01-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Hello Everyone,

Stopped in yesterday and read the posts but didn't have a chance to post. K's been working on his laptop from work down here for the last 2 days. He's trying to make it do something it's not supposed to, and it's not working right so he's frustrated. I have refrained from telling him if he didn't mess with stuff he isn't supposed to.... Anyway he's also ordered all the parts to build a "new" computer for home. So if I disappear for a couple of weeks you'll know why :lol: .

RR - You are such a cute mommy. Those bottles/nipples are the ones my Aunt who works with new moms and babies on welfare recommended to my sister and she says they worked best for her too. She also recommended a breast pump which worked best but I don't remember which one it was.

Rabbit - Congrats on the 5 lbs :eek: .

LBH - Feel free to vent anytime, we've all done it at one time or another. Hope Petey comes soon, and you're ready for him.

Liz - Congrats on getting back to the gym. Lack of wine I like is never a problem around here. We went to Canada wine touring for our anniv. in Sept and came back with a bunch and then the store had a 20% off sale in Oct......

LE - Glad everything's going well for you.

BPB - Congrats on the new job! You'll get back on track soon, you're back here so that's a step in the right direction. How long were you staying in Miami? I enjoyed the Everglades National Park when we were there, but we're into outdoorsy stuff.

Karen - Good luck on the job front :) Glad everything worked out about the unexpected guests.

Well, I begged off mall walking with my folks because I've got a headache and now I'm staring at the computer :o, should probably get moving, need to walk the dogs and we're heading out to the folks this afternoon, K's helping them with some computer stuff and my mom and I have a quilt class.

Have a great weekend all!!!!

- Tech :o

Rabbit
01-11-2003, 12:44 PM
hello.

Thanks for all the congrats on my loss this week. It sure made me feel terrific and want to keep going.

Lauren - well it's nice that you have time off both before and after. :) ~ The paralegal thing sounds great. I think that would be a super job - looked into it myself before. Happy for you that you will have the debt paid off in a couple of years. That will be a relief, I'm sure. And I can't believe your car was in the shop for 3 weeks - oh my!

Karen - dh, ds and I are off the see that movie today. DS has already seen it but wants to go again with us. I'm sure we'll really like it also. I've seen The Gangs of NY and Catch me if you can and I liked both of them. :D

BPB - it's fun to plan for an upcoming trip! Enjoy.

RR - glad to hear the little one is up to 2.5 hours of sleep at a time.

Tech - Oh no - hope it works out with the computer!!:dizzy:

gotta run. Have a great weekend.

Rabbit :flow2: