Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Body stressed about starting new diet plan?

So for the past 6 days..my body has done nothing except get rid of everything out of one end (sorry if tmi) I havent changed a darn thing yet..ihavent switched my diet yet, i havent taken any new medications, there is nothing that should be causing this. Im not even sick...and yet my stomach is in knots all day..my appetite has decreased..and funny cause you would think that not eating as much combineed with losing everything you have eaten, in the toilet..you would lose weight right? Nope! Im still at the same number after 6 days of it..Makes no sense to me..anyone else had this?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I haven't had this happen before, but don't get discouraged.....your body could be so stressed that it's trying to hold on to every bit of water possible. Also, maybe you could start with a plan that doesn't stress you out so much, but actually excites you? I can relate to having anxiety, but mine is usually related to eating too much (binge eating) or the other "stuff" going on in my life. Either way, I think that once you get started on your plan, you'll gain more confidence and stop feeling this way. Finally, one good way to manage stress/anxiety is to workout. I can't wait to hear about all of your wonderful progress!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #3  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

If you're not eating different things, I don't think it has to do with your diet. Definitely talk to a medical professional if things don't change in a few days -- for now, perhaps think about taking some over-the-counter drugs for symptoms if they bother you, or just being kind to your body no matter what diet you choose.

What are you currently eating? How much fiber, fat, animal products?
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote