Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 5/23 - 6/5

Diana3271
05-22-2011, 10:25 PM
This check in will be for 2 weeks due to the Memorial holiday!

Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

shishkeberry
05-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Wow has it been a week already? Anyway, I have no idea what the difference is this time, but I have been so serious about weight loss since I came back to 3fc last week. I have always given up before the week was out in the past. Maybe because I'm realizing how close I am to 30? I don't know but I can already feel a boost in confidence, even a small one. I can't believe I lost six sounds this week. I know I have a LONG way but I feel almost giddy :D

Diana3271
05-22-2011, 10:54 PM
shishkeberry I am so glad that you didn't give up! Congrats on the confidence! :carrot: Keep up the great work!

aggie2006
05-23-2011, 05:57 AM
shishkeberry~ me two! really inspired this time around, by now i would have given up on most diets....maybe its the big 30 approaching for me too???

themilesawaygirl
05-23-2011, 06:07 AM
Morning all!

After my terrible week last week I'm determined to stay focused this week, taking control of my food and getting in lots of workouts (I have to stay off the cardio for a while to let my new tattoo heal, running is not an option for a week or so!)

I'm got my first weigh-in on Thursday morning for the 12 week BL thread I've joined - any advice on the best things I can do for the next 3 days to make sure I'm not carrying lots of water weight? Guessing I need to watch my salt intake, is there anything else?

Hope you all have a fantastic start to the week.

Diana3271
05-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

We have choices to make! Let's choose to make the most of our week and make it a fantastic week at that!

Weigh In: 145
Up: .4

ish
05-23-2011, 08:32 AM
I've never posted here before, but like shishkeberry and aggie I have been so much more focused and motivated since last week. It's a great feeling! I am on here maybe too often because I am just 100% determined to stay on track.

My Monday

1200 calories total and a ton of water, but no exercise as I've come down with a pretty bad cold.

I'm still trying to figure out how many calories a day works for me. I am aiming for between 1200- 1600 depending on the day, my hunger/activity levels. Does that sound about right?

jomatho
05-23-2011, 08:41 AM
ish, :welcome: Many people have calorie goals similar to yours (me included). You will just have to see what works for you. It is always better to eat higher if you can still lose weight, that way you have room to drop it when/if you need to as you get smaller.

jomatho
05-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Love the motivation on here! Sorry I have not been posting as regularly, I have had a busy and tiring weekend. Got my big project outdoors almost done, but the rain got in my way last evening. We have pavered pathways in our back yard and because of our remodeling project last year, adding a covered porch/deck, one of the pathways needed to be altered. Of course, to alter it, I had to move some landscaping around the pond which was rimmed in rocks too. A lot of heavy lifting, hauling, bending, stooping, reaching. I have the pathway layed and partially filled the spaces, but need to go buy another bag of the stuff. I still have to redo the bed by the pond that I had to tear up too. I am so pleased with myself and how the pathway turned out! Never knew I had it in me.
So, this leads me to a confession of sorts. I haven't run in 2 days! One was my day off, but yesterday I was so tired from working on that project for 2 days straight, that I said the heck with it. I probably won't make my 90 mile goal now, but I am coming to terms with that, and trying to not stress about it. I will run today and hopefully every day the rest of this month and just come as close as I can. So there, I feel better now getting that out there.
Weight is still holding at 189.8, so that's good, I wondered with the hot weather and hard work if I would hold fluids.
Plan today is to run first and foremost, catch up on laundry and housework, run the necessary errands then we have both a track meet and baseball games this afternoon/tonight. Same thing on Wednesday, so I hope to finish the project tomorrow if the weather holds. I may not be able to post much the next few days, or do personals, but I will try to check in at least once a day.
Lets keep that motivation high!

Diana3271
05-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Ish Hi and Welcome! :wave: Great job on the motivation

berryblondeboys
05-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Oh boy, here comes the pre-ovulation weight gain. Blah! Up 1.4 today. I'm off to run the kiddo to Kindergarten.

jomatho
05-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Berry, we are def cycle sisters! I will be ovulating this week too and wondering if my 3day stall out is part of that. Oh well, this too shall pass, right? Love your new siggies! Ok, I'm procrastinating, off to workout...

shishkeberry
05-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Ish and aggie, yay for us! We're going to do it this time! I'm up .6 this morning, but I suspect that's water weight. I had some hamburger helper last night and it was high in sodium. That's ok, I'm not worried.

aggie2006
05-23-2011, 09:40 AM
ish~ im on here too much as well, just to stay focused! i think 1200-1600 is a good start, you just have to see what works for your body. im trying to stay around the same amount, but i always wind up eating 1400. so for now 1400 it is. i guess thats where im satisfied. going to stick to that for a couple of weeks and then if im not losing re-evaluate. just seems impossible not to lose at 1400 plus moderate exercise? especially since i think i was consuming like 3000 a day atleast before i dieted and maitained for over a year.

themilesawaygirl~ im looking for some tips too! im guessing i wont do weights on tuesday, bc i always stall after weight training, drink lots of water, and not salt any of my food...any other ideas would be great!

zoodoo613
05-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Mornin' everyone! :)

My wild mood swings continue, along with the scale. Ate like a horse on Friday and felt bad about it. Worked and ate like a horse on Saturday and felt GREAT about it. Sunday I neither ate nor worked like a horse, but felt kind of blah all day.

My weight was 205 this morning, with a 205.4 and a low of 203.2 through out the week.

We did a bunch of yard work on Saturday, putting in timbers to outline my blueberry beds, spreading my compost, planting some flowers and veggies. Oh the mud. There's dirt all over the yard now. After I was all done with that, I went to help out at our local food co-op which was moving into larger quarters just down the street. I only stayed for a couple hours, but I was working hard the whole time, packing mostly, but moving some shelving around too. I'm still sore!

Sunday the sum total of my exercise was mowing lawns. It finally stayed dry a few hours in a row and I got out to cut our grass, and then did our neighbor's too, since we owed her for all the time she snowblowed our walks this winter. I thought hers would be a breeze, since it's really small, but it was tough! Much slopier than ours, and all little weird shapes to get around.

stacygee
05-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Jo: YOu run on a treadmill, right? It is getting so hot here in Houston I would have trouble doing it outside!

Ish: I usually aim for 1200-1500, too. I usually end up about 1400. Welcome!

Milesaway: I think sweating a lot clears my water weight and then extra re-hydration. Stick to your plan and you'll do great!

Shish: Congrats on the 6 pounds that is a great start and will help keep you motivated.

Aggie: Glad you are still posting, too!

Diana: I'd been missing Shells and LAuren and Lindsey, too. And LLBOLD hasn't been on in a while too. Can't remember if any of them told us they would be out or what?

----------------------------------

I am back to 175! I am so aggravated. I was sitting here trying to plan my food today and I thought of doing something drastic like veggies only for a day. or liquid only for a day. BUT- that is silly. I KNOW I am eating well and what I should. I feel like this is a battle of wills and my opponent is trying to break down my spirit. Although the frustration I feel is indescribable I still feel as though I am doing everything right and I am NOT going to change. Here is my plan for today:

Breakfast: low carb tortilla, 1 egg, 1 slice cheese and 2 oz boars head ham. (300 calories)
Lunch: Power crunch bar and greek yogurt (330 calories)
Snack: celery and hummus (78 calories)
Dinner: salad and ground turkey patty (527 calories)

This is 1237 calories. I am going to burn that many calories today too! 30 minutes strength training and 60 minutes cardio this AM and I'll go back tonight for 60 minute spin class.

What more could I do???

RachaelJ
05-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Sunday 5/22

Breakfast:1 slice turkey bacon, small banana, 1 mini blueberry muffin, cup a tea
Snack:1 string cheese, slice of ham, 2 crackers
Dinner: Greens, Mac and Cheese, 2 Ribs, 1 Chiken wing, baked beans,1/2 corn on the cob
Dessert: 1/2 slice carrot cake
Excercise: 20 minutes kickboxing
Water 80 ounces
I went to a bbq yesterday and I didn't hold back. I ate but ate til full. I didn't worry about picking healthy. I excercised yesterday to try and compensate even though it was my day off excercise.

I weighed in Monday AM: Still at 158. No weight gained, none lost. That's okay. I was scared I gained because of the heavy meal yesterday and TOM last week. Still feel like there are inches lost. I need to get a measuring tape. My tummy doesn't stick out and my thighs are starting to slowly stop touching. My pants this morning, were looser. So I'm noticing change.

These coming weeks will be the real test, adding back in dairy and grains.

jomatho
05-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Jo: YOu run on a treadmill, right? It is getting so hot here in Houston I would have trouble doing it outside!

Ish: I usually aim for 1200-1500, too. I usually end up about 1400. Welcome!

Milesaway: I think sweating a lot clears my water weight and then extra re-hydration. Stick to your plan and you'll do great!

Shish: Congrats on the 6 pounds that is a great start and will help keep you motivated.

Aggie: Glad you are still posting, too!

Diana: I'd been missing Shells and LAuren and Lindsey, too. And LLBOLD hasn't been on in a while too. Can't remember if any of them told us they would be out or what?

----------------------------------

I am back to 175! I am so aggravated. I was sitting here trying to plan my food today and I thought of doing something drastic like veggies only for a day. or liquid only for a day. BUT- that is silly. I KNOW I am eating well and what I should. I feel like this is a battle of wills and my opponent is trying to break down my spirit. Although the frustration I feel is indescribable I still feel as though I am doing everything right and I am NOT going to change. Here is my plan for today:

Breakfast: low carb tortilla, 1 egg, 1 slice cheese and 2 oz boars head ham. (300 calories)
Lunch: Power crunch bar and greek yogurt (330 calories)
Snack: celery and hummus (78 calories)
Dinner: salad and ground turkey patty (527 calories)

This is 1237 calories. I am going to burn that many calories today too! 30 minutes strength training and 60 minutes cardio this AM and I'll go back tonight for 60 minute spin class.

What more could I do???

Yes, definately indoors. I am too self conscious to run outside even if the weather is nice!
I feel for you Stacy, you know maybe this is the blip up before a new low. That happens to me a lot. I go lower for a couple days and then back up to my old weight before I drop to a new low again. I am frustrated for you! What is your calorie deficit each day? If you are burning 1200 working out, and lets say you burn 2000 with your everyday activities, thats 3200 and you are eating 1200 per day, thats a 2000 calorie deficit. That's a lot. Maybe on your strenuous workout days you should be eating more? I don't know, I certainly am not an expert, I am just trying to make my way just like you. Hang in there!

jomatho
05-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Phew, got my 5 miles in. I figured it out, if I run 5 miles each time I run, I can still take my rest days as planned until the 31st and reach my 90 miles. If I can't run 5 miles one of the days, I will just have to sacrifice one of my rest days. I can do this! Pedal to the metal! Or sneaker to the rubber in my case!

berryblondeboys
05-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Mornin' everyone! :)

Sunday the sum total of my exercise was mowing lawns. It finally stayed dry a few hours in a row and I got out to cut our grass, and then did our neighbor's too, since we owed her for all the time she snowblowed our walks this winter. I thought hers would be a breeze, since it's really small, but it was tough! Much slopier than ours, and all little weird shapes to get around.

You do realize that mowing grass burns a ton of calories, right? So, it wasn't JUST mowing the grass. That's a good workout!

berryblondeboys
05-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Berry, we are def cycle sisters! I will be ovulating this week too and wondering if my 3day stall out is part of that. Oh well, this too shall pass, right? Love your new siggies! Ok, I'm procrastinating, off to workout...

So we can commiserate together.

zoodoo613
05-23-2011, 12:47 PM
You do realize that mowing grass burns a ton of calories, right? So, it wasn't JUST mowing the grass. That's a good workout!

Oh I counted it. :D I was out there for about an hour.

berryblondeboys
05-23-2011, 12:49 PM
I am back to 175! I am so aggravated. I was sitting here trying to plan my food today and I thought of doing something drastic like veggies only for a day. or liquid only for a day. BUT- that is silly. I KNOW I am eating well and what I should. I feel like this is a battle of wills and my opponent is trying to break down my spirit. Although the frustration I feel is indescribable I still feel as though I am doing everything right and I am NOT going to change.

I sorry the scale is playing games with you. The heat could be making you hold weight too - does for me. I know you never wanted to see 175 again. Hugs to you!

mamakat
05-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am going to try this again. I became sick and am still struggling with being sick, my body hates me :P I just had my 40th birthday...I can't believe I said that out loud and the scale is jumping up so fast my head is spinning. I know the weight gain is due in part to my illnesses, but I haven't made the right choices in anything either. So although, physically I'm not back up to speed I thought that maybe I could at least work on eating better and thinking better.
I've taken on mowing this summer. My son frustrates me with his dillydallying so I just snatched the mower away and did it myself. It's an hour work out once a week. This Saturday we walked our beach's boardwalk and it was an hour. So I thought my daughter and I could walk that path on my good days. We had plans yesterday but my body said "no".
I think my bike misses me, but I haven't felt comfortable enough to go down to the basement. In all honesty if I get hurt down there, there's no way they can get me back out. Maybe that'll be another workout for me....clean the basement.
So I will try and post and do personals. I like seeing all of your successes even when you think it wasn't a good day, I'm jealous and motivated. I'm hoping that I'll spring back soon.
Keep up the great work everyone, you are doing terrific!

Vixsin
05-23-2011, 01:24 PM
20 190.8 +.4
21 190.6 -.2
22 190.2 -.4
23 191.6 +1.4

Really, scale? Really? Maybe I'm ovulating? I was super mindful ALL weekend long despite all kinds of impromptu events that had less than healthy choices. I got lots of activity and couldve done better with my water. I am confident in all of my choices! Dumb scale!

Quick check in for me. I'll try to check back later on.

themilesawaygirl
05-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Jo - I'm constantly in awe of your running. I'm holding off the cardio for a few days to let my ink heal, but heading to the gym tonight to get some fat-burning strength training in. When I get back on the treadmill, I'm going to aim for 5 miles by the end of the month! (I can just about manage 3.5 now)

Thanks for the inspiration.

berryblondeboys
05-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Saw the coolest thing today - I came home with groceries and was carrying them in the house when I got started by movement about a foot from me. I looked and it was a turtle! And she was digging a hole with her back feet! Wow! She was there for over an hour and covered it back up which is a good indicator that there are eggs. So, I went to home depot to buy some fencing to protect the little fellas. I wish my kids were here to see it, but I at least got a couple pictures. RIGHT in the front yard in the grass.

And it's hot today. No gardening until it cools down or there's shade - wowzers! HOT!!!

themilesawaygirl
05-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Wow! You have WILD turtles over there!?!? That's so cool!

mamakat
05-23-2011, 02:59 PM
So cool berry. I love turtles!

stacygee
05-23-2011, 03:04 PM
So I had a session with my trainer today and was telling him how frustrated I was so he measured me. Since April 12 I have lost 7 pounds. I lost one inch in my boobs, 2.5 inches in my waist, 1 inch in my hips and .5 inch in each thigh. He did the body fat with the calipers and I have gained 2 pounds of muscle. I think he said just under 3% loss of body fat. SO- he was happy with these measurements. But, he also said that I should decrease some of the working out that I am doing that I could be overtraining. He also said that it is probably time to change my diet some and add back in some whole grain carbs and lower the amount of fat. He wants me to bring my food log tomorrow and we'll start discussing it- but save the changing until after my vacation. Maybe I am feeling a bit better.

--------------------------------------

zoodoo: i totally wish I had some drive to work in my yard. I say it ALL the time! I really admire that!

Jo: I find it easier to propel myself into a run with a treadmill. Actually I like it at the gym even better! I really need to start trying to run. I think it would be so good for me. Perhaps it is a blip up on my weight... I just thought I might throw up when it was 175 AGAIN! It isn't even flutuating!

Berry: Perhaps I am holding water- Michael my trainer also told me I needed to be drinking more water. I guess I'll start paying better attention to that again. I had quit counitng my water b/c I thought I had good drinking habits... but perhaps I thought WRONG!

Mamaket: It is so worth it to spring into action and start seeing results. You will automatically start feeling better!

Vixsin: My scale is DUMB TOO!

-------------------------------------

Gotta run to the grocery store. We're out of milk and my lettuce is turning brown!

----------------------------------------------------

berryblondeboys
05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Here's the Mama Turtle you can see she has been digging. I watched her and her skill is amazing! - by the way was told today is World Turtle Day - kind of ironic!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/turtlelayingeggs.jpg

MzJuicyD
05-23-2011, 03:20 PM
No time for personals today because im at work. I weighed in this morning and I was still down to 262.4 which is great. However, I better enjoy it now because a)i'm doing a lot of weight training today and b) TOM will be visiting within the next couple days :(

After I get off work today im heading to the gym for a couple hours. I'll workout with my cousin for an hour and then take my zumba class! Should be interesting!

jomatho
05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
So I had a session with my trainer today and was telling him how frustrated I was so he measured me. Since April 12 I have lost 7 pounds. I lost one inch in my boobs, 2.5 inches in my waist, 1 inch in my hips and .5 inch in each thigh. He did the body fat with the calipers and I have gained 2 pounds of muscle. I think he said just under 3% loss of body fat. SO- he was happy with these measurements. But, he also said that I should decrease some of the working out that I am doing that I could be overtraining. He also said that it is probably time to change my diet some and add back in some whole grain carbs and lower the amount of fat. He wants me to bring my food log tomorrow and we'll start discussing it- but save the changing until after my vacation. Maybe I am feeling a bit better.

--------------------------------------

zoodoo: i totally wish I had some drive to work in my yard. I say it ALL the time! I really admire that!

Jo: I find it easier to propel myself into a run with a treadmill. Actually I like it at the gym even better! I really need to start trying to run. I think it would be so good for me. Perhaps it is a blip up on my weight... I just thought I might throw up when it was 175 AGAIN! It isn't even flutuating!

Berry: Perhaps I am holding water- Michael my trainer also told me I needed to be drinking more water. I guess I'll start paying better attention to that again. I had quit counitng my water b/c I thought I had good drinking habits... but perhaps I thought WRONG!

Mamaket: It is so worth it to spring into action and start seeing results. You will automatically start feeling better!

Vixsin: My scale is DUMB TOO!

-------------------------------------

Gotta run to the grocery store. We're out of milk and my lettuce is turning brown!

----------------------------------------------------

Stacy, those stats are amazing! Since April 12th? All I can say is WOW! I certainly don't have stats like that! You should be sooooo proud. Who cares about the scale, you are changing into a beautiful butterfly!

jomatho
05-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Here's the Mama Turtle you can see she has been digging. I watched her and her skill is amazing! - by the way was told today is World Turtle Day - kind of ironic!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/turtlelayingeggs.jpg

OMG, Berry, that is so freaking cool! I wish your kids could have seen it too! Good thing you saw it happen so you could protect the eggs from the mower! How long does it take for them to hatch?

jomatho
05-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Berry, you will have to put the turtle back on your ticker!!!

jomatho
05-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Jo - I'm constantly in awe of your running. I'm holding off the cardio for a few days to let my ink heal, but heading to the gym tonight to get some fat-burning strength training in. When I get back on the treadmill, I'm going to aim for 5 miles by the end of the month! (I can just about manage 3.5 now)

Thanks for the inspiration.

I started at 2 miles back in December and now my best is 8. It's amazing how your body gets conditioned. And I just go with how I am feeling, on the days I have nothing in the tank, I don't push it and the days I feel awesome, I try to get in my longer runs. Now I have to tell you, I do not run fast at all! I was trying to work on my speed with intervals the last couple months, but this month I just went back to slow, steady distance running. So you running 3.5 may be that much faster than my 5 miles that you actually burn more calories! Keep at it, you can do anything you set your mind to! What tat did you get and where?

jomatho
05-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am going to try this again. I became sick and am still struggling with being sick, my body hates me :P I just had my 40th birthday...I can't believe I said that out loud and the scale is jumping up so fast my head is spinning. I know the weight gain is due in part to my illnesses, but I haven't made the right choices in anything either. So although, physically I'm not back up to speed I thought that maybe I could at least work on eating better and thinking better.
I've taken on mowing this summer. My son frustrates me with his dillydallying so I just snatched the mower away and did it myself. It's an hour work out once a week. This Saturday we walked our beach's boardwalk and it was an hour. So I thought my daughter and I could walk that path on my good days. We had plans yesterday but my body said "no".
I think my bike misses me, but I haven't felt comfortable enough to go down to the basement. In all honesty if I get hurt down there, there's no way they can get me back out. Maybe that'll be another workout for me....clean the basement.
So I will try and post and do personals. I like seeing all of your successes even when you think it wasn't a good day, I'm jealous and motivated. I'm hoping that I'll spring back soon.
Keep up the great work everyone, you are doing terrific!

Welcome back Mamakat! You can do this, one step at a time! One good decision after another!

berryblondeboys
05-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Berry, you will have to put the turtle back on your ticker!!!

Huh! I didn't even realize I lost that! I must have accidentally done that! Slow and steady wins the race - hence the turtle! OK, putting the turtle back on.

berryblondeboys
05-23-2011, 04:44 PM
OMG, Berry, that is so freaking cool! I wish your kids could have seen it too! Good thing you saw it happen so you could protect the eggs from the mower! How long does it take for them to hatch?

It was pretty cool to be able to watch that and it's true, if I wouldn't have seen her do it, I wouldn't have known that she had laid eggs. Now it's just a bald spot in the yard, but all flat and recovered like nothing happened. With all the digging I've done in the yard and with workers here over the weekend dealign with our gutters, fascia and soffits, I would have figured it was left from the ladder digging in or something. Now I'll have an eye sore cage/fence in my front yard for 45-90 days, but for turtles, I'll deal with it - rabbits, no way!

stacygee
05-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Oh Berry! That is so very cool! What a neat thing for your kids to get to see, too! All your gardening is attracting wildlife!

aggie2006
05-23-2011, 06:26 PM
stacygee!~ in no way am i being discouraging, but how do you stay motivated with the 175 stall? im only 2 weeks in, and if i dont see the scale budge im ready to hang up the towel and quit! not good! i saw an increase last week, and was in a bad mood all day, lol...the change in diet might be just what you need to get the scale going?

berry! how cute! i hope you get little babies!

what is it about mondays? seems like everyone starts their diet on monday, just in the hopes of one last weekend of eating? my curves class was so packed, but not the usual girls, more like the girls who were dying after one circuit. got me thinking though, i felt great that i was able to do the circuit with more energy then them, but it made me sad that i used to be like those girls, starting a diet on monday, and gone from the gym by friday...i hope they do continue though...

LindseyLou
05-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi ladies & Larry!!!! :wave:

Have I been MIA or what?!?! :nono: I miss you guys! It sounds like y'all are kicking butt!!!

As for me, I'm doing well just super busy with school and whatnot. I just finished another class today...my next one starts tomorrow. Today is DH's birthday so we're relaxing. Tomorrow I have an interview. Wednesday is my internship day and Thursday we're looking for more houses....:dizzy:

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello!! :hug:

berryblondeboys
05-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Only got half the lawn mowed before the rain started up, so 30 minutes there. And then I took a 30 minute very fast walk (hear rate average was 135). So, one hour today for me which is always what I strive fore in some activity.

Built a little cage to go over the turtle egg site. Just need to tamp it down tomorrow.

But, darn!!!! I wanted to take my blood sugar 2 hours after eating pizza and I forgot!!!! (Just realized) Crapola! Next time! Not like I won't eat pizza again!

stacygee
05-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Aggie- It starts to be a mind game. That is why the stalls are SO frustrating. You are still watching what you eat and still working out really hard and not seeing ANY results. Then you think... well I'm not losing anyway so I'll just have this extra cookie.... BUT- in actuality the only way I know to get through it is not be consistent. I have had a hard time even thinking about changing what I am eating... but this has been too long. I need to do something to get my body to cooperate.

I stuck to my plan exactly today! Let's keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow!

berryblondeboys
05-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Aggie- It starts to be a mind game. That is why the stalls are SO frustrating. You are still watching what you eat and still working out really hard and not seeing ANY results. Then you think... well I'm not losing anyway so I'll just have this extra cookie.... BUT- in actuality the only way I know to get through it is not be consistent. I have had a hard time even thinking about changing what I am eating... but this has been too long. I need to do something to get my body to cooperate.

I stuck to my plan exactly today! Let's keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Stacy - so, what body fat percentage did he get for you (if you don't mind sharing). Because that very well could be the issue too.

berryblondeboys
05-23-2011, 11:24 PM
anyway, heres this weeks inspiration :)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o301/abielas/2011-05-22150352.jpg

You are a very pretty woman and what a cutie little one!

baileygirl
05-23-2011, 11:43 PM
I ate like a real jerk today. When I weighed myself, I gained two pounds over the weekend and I got upset. Last week I was so proud to break 150, and today I just kept thinking how unhappy I was before my pregnancies at this weight, so what is to celebrate now? NOwMemorial Day approaching, I just want to hide.... I ate so bad today....... boredom, It has been raining for over a week and I am inside too much with my two little ones under two.... I feel so aweful

Diana3271
05-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I just got home! We were suppose to go eat dinner with my Mom tonight. My Mom arrived at the shop and the A/C compressor had gone out in her truck. I think tomorrow is suppose to be 95*. We ordered the parts, then went to pick them up. After that we went to eat dinner. We kept her truck so DH could work on it tomorrow. Then we had to take her home. She lives 40+ miles from us.

I think this whole week is going to be a rush to get everything done before we go out of town. We'll get it done. We always do.

Lindsey Good to see you check in.

Aggie That's a beautiful picture of you and the little one!

Total approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ

Larry H
05-24-2011, 12:53 AM
On plan today

1337 Calories
101 grams Protein
167 grams Carbohydrate
27 grams Fat
14 grams Fiber
1232 mg Sodium

My weight is the same at 237

Walked 3/4 miles

No time for personals but hi to everyone. :wave:

Larry,

aggie2006
05-24-2011, 03:55 AM
stacy~ seriously, you're an inspiration!

berry, diana~ thank you!

down a pound today, and im officially BELOW my pre pregnancy weight :) and 7kgs to go to get under 100kg which id love to do before the end of july.

Have a great tuesday!

K9Owner
05-24-2011, 04:12 AM
:wave: Hi Chix and Larry
It’s 0205 a.m. CST Seriously, what day is it?? I worked Sat/Sun night and slept 14 hrs on Mon, & I have lost major “My Life” time! UGH!!

So, after the pizza party I had with myself on Friday and a disastrous weekend to my diet, I am convinced I have no friggin clue what is going on food/number/scale wise! These #s DEFO don’t add up. So, I just stopped adding them!

I like living a simple life, with pretty simple rules—of course, does that equate to simple success? Who knows! But, this I do know, when I have lost these same 20 lbs in the past, I ran 3x a week and ate good food without worrying too much about how much protein, carbs, sodium, and fat I was putting in my body.

When you’re a runner, it is difficult to consume alcohol regularly, b/c of its dehydrating properties, which made it easy for me to only consume limited amounts. You are forced to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate during the day b/c of the added humidity of living in the south and near a major river, where “isolated :rain: showers” are the norm on most summer days.

I say all of this to conclude a small point: I can count, count, count til the :moo: comes home, stay OP as strict as ever for a period of days, exercise to include 2 a days on some days, drink gallons and gallons of water most days, and still come up short on the scale—which leads to intense frustration!

I am not much of a stickler to “marrying” a diet plan. I have found the human body is an ever-changing group of cells and what works for it today may or may not work for it tomorrow.
((END RANT))

I now bring you all back to your usual uplifting, encouraging, OP thread! :faint:

ish
05-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! :D I have to finish cooking and then head out to a dinner party (a pot luck, oh nooo) but I just wanted to update quickly before I head out, to help keep me motivated.

My Tuesday
Today's been great so far, I'm feeling much better than yesterday! My total calories so far have been 600, and most of that was fruits and vegetables. I'm bring something healthy to the potluck to fall back on.

As for exercise, I spent the entire day with my class outside today. We went to the park for a (healthy) picnic and spent the day running around playing games outside. I can feel the calories burned. zzz

I will check in and read some more posts tomorrow!

Aggie So weird, I just saw your post about 100kg, after posting about it elsewhere. We're such a good team! :P

still
05-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Hey guys!

I saw 170 on the scale this morning! It won't be official until it happens again tomorrow, but even if its a peek I'm happy to see it. 170 is halfway to my original goal weight.

Yesterday was a great on plan day for me. I had my breakfast of cereal and tea (400 cal). Skipped morning snack and had school lunch (250 cal). Had an afternoon snack of some melon and some Popchips (190 cal), and had BLT's for dinner (540 cal). Went to the gym with a friend and got a completely awesome, hard workout in (burned 300 cal). Ended the day at 1400 calories. I love, love, love my endo for putting me on my thyroid hormone at night. For the simple reason that calcium affects the absorption of the thyroid hormone, so no calcium 4 hours before. That means that by the time I think I want ice cream in the evening, I simply CAN'T HAVE IT. Genius.

Hope you guys all have wonderful, on plan days!

Stacy, I have no words of wisdom, just :hug:. You will break the 175 plateau! DO NOT give up- you can totally do this! You are such an inspiration to me. Just keep going and 175 WILL be behind you soon.

Aggie- great pic of you and the little one!

berryblondeboys
05-24-2011, 08:21 AM
No change on the scale this morning. Sleep was hit or miss because my kindergartener was having a hard time sleeping. Yawn!

jomatho
05-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Oh thank you so much ovulation for blessing me with 1.2# on my scale this morning, even though I had a perfect day yesterday and resisted the need to munch all day long! Wow, how is that a reward for all my hard work and efforts this week? Sometimes being a woman really throws a wrench in your life! I just have to keep reminding myself this is just hormones and keep plugging away, but darn it all. Oh, and my boobs are sore and heavy (heavier) which doesn't always happen at ovulation, but this month I happen to be so lucky. I hope this doesn't mean TOM will be extra hormonal! My poor family!
Today, I will resist the urge to say the heck with it and I will climb on that treadmill and run at least 5 miles. I will also drink lots of water, (at least 100 oz.) because I didn't drink enough yesterday and somehow, what I didn't drink all went to my boobs.....how does that make any sense? And I will eat on plan even if the munchies attack me again like yesterday! So there! That's my plan and I am sticking to it.

themilesawaygirl
05-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Jo - you go girl, love the motivation. I'm at TOM too and determined to stay on track. I'm so impressed you've gone from 2 to 8 miles in 5 months! That must be doing wonders for your health. I run super-slow too, I'm just trying to go a little bit further week by week. How long does it take you to go 5 miles?

BTW my new tat is a rattlesnake on my lower leg, it's from the cover of a Metallica album, can't wait for it to heal!

Aggie - What a sweet picture, you both look wonderful :)

Diana3271
05-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I need the coffee IV this morning. I overslept this morning. I don't do well without sleep. Hopefully we can get things done and get home on time tonight. I'm not holding my breath on that one though.

No change in my weight, maintaining at 145.

RachaelJ
05-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Monday 5/23
Breakfast: Small Banana
Snack: 1/4 cup craisins
Lunch: Romaine Salad & 1/2 an italian sausage
Snack: String Cheese
Dinner: Spaghetti with meat sauce (Lean Sirloin used) just a fork full of noodles.
Excercise in the AM: P90x Core Syn
Water: 80 ounces

My water intake is decreasing and I'm trying to amp it back up. It's probably lowering because I'm not sitting at my desk as much so I can't sip here and there.

Feeling good otherwise: Put my work clothes on this morning and got about a 1/2 an inch of space at the waist. Belt a little tighter. I see a difference in my ankles and thighs too.

Vixsin
05-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Jo: I feel the need to hold hands with you today. I think you and I have become Cycle Sisters. :) :hug: :high:

Up another pound to 192.6 this morning. My jeans feel tight today. I was a little snacky last night but nothing too damaging. I'm sore as heck from my run yesterday and I definitely didn't get enough sleep last night. I think I am going to try and baby myself for the next few nights and SLOOOOOOOOW DOOOOOWWWWNNNN. My goal for tonight is to have a nice home-cooked meal with my Maxwell and to make sure I am in bed by no later than 10pm. That's the plan, anyway. :crossed:

I'll try to get some personals in today. All the bosses are away and they were kind enough to leave me a gigantic stack of things to do. They are so sweet. :) LOL

berryblondeboys
05-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Jo: I feel the need to hold hands with you today. I think you and I have become Cycle Sisters. :) :hug: :high:

Ok, i know women's cycles can sync when they live in close proximity to each other - but online? :dizzy: Just kidding. I'll be ovulating soon too - all the signs are there - water weight gain, getting frisky and changes in fluid. All this work my body does for no reason. If it would just ask me, I would tell it, "Sorry, baby factory is closed! You can stop now! (but without giving me health problems)"

shishkeberry
05-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow, it doesn't seem like any of us got much sleep last night. My 9mo old dd woke up at 1:30 am and no amount of rocking or shooshing her would put her back to sleep. I was up with her until 3am. Ugh. My DF let me sleep in until 9 but I wish I could have slept more. 281.4 on the scale this morning! I know, I know, I shouldn't weigh myself everyday, but I can't help it.

berryblondeboys
05-24-2011, 11:35 AM
281.4 on the scale this morning! I know, I know, I shouldn't weigh myself everyday, but I can't help it.

Why not weigh yourself everyday? It helps me see how my body works. Like, this past week, if I would have weighed only once I would have seen a steady 210.4, when I actually did get down to 209.0... but now I'm holding fluid. Watching every day helps you learn how the body works and changes day to day and so little blips start to bother you less. Many (most) of us on this thread are daily weighers.

shishkeberry
05-24-2011, 11:39 AM
I've just heard that weighing yourself that often can be discouraging if there's a small gain here and there. But what you say makes a lot of sense.

K9Owner
05-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Wow, it doesn't seem like any of us got much sleep last night. My 9mo old dd woke up at 1:30 am and no amount of rocking or shooshing her would put her back to sleep. I was up with her until 3am. Ugh. My DF let me sleep in until 9 but I wish I could have slept more. 281.4 on the scale this morning! I know, I know, I shouldn't weigh myself everyday, but I can't help it.

I secretly stole everyone's sleep! Ready for this??
I slept 19 hrs on Monday. Today, I feel like a train hit me!
I tried Diana32's Melatonin tabs--though not Vita Cost.
Mine are 5mg and dis-solvable on your tongue. I bought them at Wal-Mart.
Needless to say, they work in about 20-25 min, help you rest really, really well, and don't leave me with the grogginess in the mornings, like Benadryl. I wouldn't have slept so long, but I took 1/2 this morning at 0200, after making my post, so that I could get back on my day schedule. :faint:

themilesawaygirl
05-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Shishkeberry - I've always had it in my head that weighing daily is discouraging too - I know I can fluctuate up to 5 or 6lb from morning to night. I've been holding out for the weekly weigh-in but what berryblondeboys says makes a lot of sense to me too, maybe I'll learn a bit more how my body works. Maybe I'll start doing that. But not today, have really bad cramps and bloatedness from TOM *sigh*

Baiser
05-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Hey, all! Pretty new here but jumping on in...

I agree that its not a good idea to weight yourself daily but I do have a habit of trying to peek at the scale and getting disappointed. Ive been exercising for 2 weeks but havent lost a pound. Im trying to stay positive--Rome wasn't built in a day!

Vixsin
05-24-2011, 12:00 PM
I weigh everyday and love it. in the beginning it was very challenging to see a random gain of 2 lbs overnight. but, like what Berry says, it is over time where you can develop a pattern and really begin to see how your body works. There are always fluctuations. It helps me to feel empowered to know why they are there and begin to expect them. Also, weighing daily helps keep me in line. If I eat not so great the day before, I know it will be reflected on the scale in the morning.

I started weighing daily so that I would no longer be afraid of my scale. I wanted to be able to use it and look at it as a tool to help with my weight loss and NOT look at it as something to be scared of and if I dare to get on it, it will SURELY tell me something that I don't want to see. Know what I mean?

Daily weighing isn't for everyone. There is no right or wrong. You do whatever it is that feels right for you. That's the method that's going to work. :)

berryblondeboys
05-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Shishkeberry - I've always had it in my head that weighing daily is discouraging too - I know I can fluctuate up to 5 or 6lb from morning to night. I've been holding out for the weekly weigh-in but what berryblondeboys says makes a lot of sense to me too, maybe I'll learn a bit more how my body works. Maybe I'll start doing that. But not today, have really bad cramps and bloatedness from TOM *sigh*

Everybody is different in what they can handle psychologically and you just need to figure that all out. For me personally, weighing every day has led me to realizing that for half my cycle I lose very little. Then, around ovulation, I gain (like now), and then after ovulation until my period I lose like gang busters. Now, my body doesn't ALWAYS follow the same pattern and yes, I do have times of getting frustrated, but as a whole, I've learned, through daily weighing for years how my body works. If I work out hard - I gain water weight. If it gets hot and humid, I gain water weight and so on.

If I weighed myself any less regularly, I would miss those things. I might see one week I lose 5 pounds and the next zero - yet I'm doing the same thing, so why? If I weighed myself monthly, I might see one month 10 pounds and the next 5 and not understand why that happened if I'm staying on plan. With daily weighing, I can usually say - well, that's because that month I was at the end of my menstrual cycle when I tend to lose a lot of weight and this month it was around ovulation, so I was holding fluids. But that's me.

Other people get really frustrated by seeing any upward movement on the scale. OR get too happy and carried away about any loss that either way, the number plays mind games and they deviate from the plan. By not weighing, the can concentrate on just doing the best they can and not even worry about the scale because, really, this is a lifestyle change - what the scale says about how fast the weight is coming off isn't the issue - it's becoming healthier that is and they don't want the scale to get too much power of their thoughts...

You just have to figure out for YOU what works and not worry about what others suggest.

zoodoo613
05-24-2011, 12:07 PM
I weigh daily. I don't know that it's the best policy, but as long as you keep in mind that weight loss isn't linear, than I don't think it's really a problem. The blips are annoying. I think where you can get into trouble is if you don't look long term and try to adjust your plan daily to iron out the blips. THAT's a mistake.

Baiser
05-24-2011, 12:08 PM
I think that's my issue. I get discouraged really easily. Maybe when I start to see significant progress, I'll be able to ease up a bit.

jomatho
05-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Daily weigher here too. I have learned a lot about my body and my program that way. Just do what works for you and be consistent with it.

I am missing some of our regulars! DianaLa weighs in today and she hasn't checked in in a few days. Shells, Pint, Lauren, Andejean, and I know Sum and Novel are on vacation. I know there are others, where are all you guys?

jomatho
05-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Ok, i know women's cycles can sync when they live in close proximity to each other - but online? :dizzy: Just kidding. I'll be ovulating soon too - all the signs are there - water weight gain, getting frisky and changes in fluid. All this work my body does for no reason. If it would just ask me, I would tell it, "Sorry, baby factory is closed! You can stop now! (but without giving me health problems)"

Amen, sister!

shellsbrood
05-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi gals! A fly-by post from me before I head off to Florida with my hubs on Friday. :D I miss you guys SO INCREDIBLY!! Ugh, I hate not being with y'all. :(

I'm maintaining my weight (TTOM, 187 this morning), but what a struggle! My inlaws dragged us all over the place and to places like McDonalds, Pizza Hut, DQ and tons of other restaurants. They wanted to spoil us, because they only see us every two years and even then, we alternate between countries. My will power was pushed to the extreme and even then, I didn't always win the battle. :o And exercise? Ugh, I catch a run every day that I can, but that's been extremely difficult to get in, too. Four kids, a house full of inlaws, my mom back from college...whew! :dizzy: I'm going to need a vacation from all of this. Thankfully, I'm leaving for WDW in just a few days! :hyper: The hotel that we're staying at has a running trail that loops a mile around the hotel. I'm hoping to try it out, but I heard the heat has been intense in FL.

Anyway, just wanted to check in! Stay strong, everyone and hi to all who have joined while I've been gone. I'll be back sometime the first week of June. :hug:

Ok, off to grab the treadmill, before everyone gets back!

zoodoo613
05-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Mmmmmm.

I'm so excited! I live in a depressed upstate NY town with a practically dead downtown. A couple years ago, a local food co-op opened up, and I was excited to become a member. I don't do all my shopping there, but I do some. This past weekend they moved to bigger quarters. I helped some with the move, but hadn't seen things set up. Wow! It looks great! It's so nice to see something going well in town.

They now have a lunch counter and I got a hummus, roasted red pepper and sprouts on homemade whole wheat bread. SOOOO good. The whole thing cost me $4.75 and about 350 calories, as best I can tell. They also had some soups that were rapidly selling out! So incredible to see!

Not sure this link will bring you to the picture I intend, but there's a good one at the end that shows things set up.
http://mohawkharvest.org/move.html

shishkeberry
05-24-2011, 03:14 PM
I walked for an hour today, holy crap!

jenfett
05-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Doing really great today, had oatmeal with raisins for breakfast, a half smoked turkey sandwich for lunch with spicy mustard, went to the gym for an hour (felt so great to get to the gym) now back at desk will have a small snack before heading home and for dinner ( and here is always my challenge the night time eating) having chicken, rice, and brussel sprouts so I just have be good and eat more of the sprouts to fill me up than the other stuff.

day 3 of binge free, hope I make through the end of the day :)

aggie2006
05-24-2011, 04:45 PM
ish~ we're on the same page! i cant wait to be under 100kg, dont even know when/how i got over!
glad you're feeling better! hope you did well at the pot luck dinner. when are you weighing in btw? wed or thurs

still~ ty! 170!! woohoo, im dreaming of this number.

themilesaway~ ty! btw lets see a pic of the tat!

shishkeberry~ugh, i remember those painful night, maybe your little ones teething? julias 13m and she sleeps awesome now compared to a few months ago. it gets so much better!

berryblonde~ i weigh everyday as well. even if i see a small gain or loss, either way it helps me tweek what im doing. i dont like the once a month weighing, i find a lot of people fall short and dont lose as much as they expected. id rather weight daily and work harder if i need to. i dont usually get relaxed and eat worse/exercise worse if i lose, im the opposite. i get excited and motivated, and work harder!

shellsbrood!~ have a great vaca! im jealous! im in desperate need of a beachy vaca, but am still too wuss to travel with my daughter, shes set in her ways about naps/food/her toys/her bed! soon i hope, just a couple more months and shell be big enough to travel with. i have some friend in fl, i hope the heat wave passes while your there.

zoodoo!~ awesome, i would LOOOVE a market like that near me, i think id go nuts and have an organicgasm (lol)

everythings good here, went out with DH for lunch and split a dessert (planned). i felt very guilty after, but i know i need to diet/live a normal life. ive done well (11 pounds!) and had dessert. its ok! have to keep telling myself that...

shishkeberry
05-24-2011, 04:56 PM
@aggie, that's probably it. She's cutting two right now that I can see.

GainingWeightInLa
05-24-2011, 05:02 PM
WHEW! Been MIA for longer than normal. :( :( :( Today's weigh in. Have had a GREAT week, I think....saw a new low this morning 195.8....I know I won't see that at meeting tonight, though......lol Oh well, movement in the right direction is a good thing anyway.

berryblondeboys, you seem like you're smokin' the losses here lately! Seems like you've snuck up on onderland all of a sudden! :yay: Probably seems like it's going a lot faster for you to me than it does to you, huh? Ain't that always how it goes?!?! :rofl: Keep it up, girlie!! You'll be there before ya know it!

LindseyLou
05-24-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm maintaining my weight (TTOM, 187 this morning), but what a struggle! My inlaws dragged us all over the place and to places like McDonalds, Pizza Hut, DQ and tons of other restaurants.

Girl!!! I hear ya. What is with family spoiling us with food?? It's hard to turn down stuff when you're out with them! I'm maintaining too but gosh it's freakin' hard! Glad you're doing well. I miss you and have fun on your vacation!!!! :hug:

LindseyLou
05-24-2011, 05:05 PM
WHEW! Been MIA for longer than normal. :( :( :( Today's weigh in. Have had a GREAT week, I think....saw a new low this morning 195.8....I know I won't see that at meeting tonight, though......lol !

Ugh, I missed your Onderland entrance when I was MIA! CONGRATS!!!! :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
05-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks, LindseyLou!! :) We missed you!!!!

stacygee
05-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone! So happy to hear from Shells and Lindsey today. Where's Diana today though?

I was out and about all day long. BUT, the good news is I was back at 173.6 this morning. Man, I hope it sticks because I hope I NEVER see 175 again... in any capacity. I will certainly NEVER allow myself to gain to 175 either!

I'm a daily weigher. I love weighing daily. Actually I weigh everytime I am naked and I write down every weigh in with what time of day it was. I only count my first in the morning weight though. You do have to be able to handle the fluctuations. BUT- weighing daily is definately for me. I even plan on taking my scale on vacation with me. That will definately annoy my husband though! I fluctuate up to five pounds during the day. I usually weigh 1-2 pounds less after a workout. I usually wake up two pounds lower then when I go to sleep.

mamakat
05-24-2011, 08:59 PM
I did it! I got to walk the boardwalk (an hour long walk) and kept my heart rate up. I hope I can do it tomorrow and so on. I might have messed myself up by not wearing a hat (can't be in direct sunlight over 30 mins) but I went after 5 and was hoping the sun was going to play hide-and-seek with the clouds. My 11 yr old daughter kept asking me to slow down. Ha. I might go later tomorrow if I am up to it. I'll just need bug spray for all the sand gnats. It was nice to get up and out again.

stacygee
05-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Good for you mamakat!

GainingWeightInLa
05-24-2011, 10:52 PM
I am sooooo dang frustrated I could SPIT!! And when I resort to such language as dang and spit, you KNOW I'm frustrated!! :mad: I had an awesome week, food-wise......I gave it a sincere try......got what i thought was more exercise than normal (not formal exercise as in workouts, but just more general exercise) and thought I could really tell a difference. Had weigh in tonight....I lost one stinkin' freakin' pound! ONE. UNO. I devised a plan of getting totally off my fluid pill..decided to take it on Monday (day before weigh in) instead of on weigh in day for a few weeks, then move it to sunday for a few weeks, then Saturday....and so on and so on....I started that this week, too, which I'm thinkin' contributed to it. usually on weigh in day, I've had a fluid pill. Not so today.

I'm just so frustrated with the stinkin' beast of a scale. Why can't it play nice?? lol Soooo, I came home and did a formal workout (6 minutes on elliptical, walked 1/2 mile with 2% incline, and lifted some weights)....this, as of today, has become at the VERY least a 3 day/week routine beginning NOW. It's gonna take exercise from here on out. Encourage me, folks. Please!! :)

I'm editing this post to say that I figured up a while ago....to meet my next goal (17 more pounds by August 23, 2011) I'll need to average 1.3 lbs per week....... :eek: :yikes: Please encourage me?!?!?! My heart is sinking.........I don't know if I can do it! My weight loss has tapered off here lately. Surely getting more exercise is gonna help.......I'm kinda stressin' out....... :( :( :(

berryblondeboys
05-24-2011, 11:17 PM
I am sooooo dang frustrated I could SPIT!! And when I resort to such language as dang and spit, you KNOW I'm frustrated!! :mad: I had an awesome week, food-wise......I gave it a sincere try......got what i thought was more exercise than normal (not formal exercise as in workouts, but just more general exercise) and thought I could really tell a difference. Had weigh in tonight....I lost one stinkin' freakin' pound! ONE. UNO. I devised a plan of getting totally off my fluid pill..decided to take it on Monday (day before weigh in) instead of on weigh in day for a few weeks, then move it to sunday for a few weeks, then Saturday....and so on and so on....I started that this week, too, which I'm thinkin' contributed to it. usually on weigh in day, I've had a fluid pill. Not so today.

I'm just so frustrated with the stinkin' beast of a scale. Why can't it play nice?? lol Soooo, I came home and did a formal workout (6 minutes on elliptical, walked 1/2 mile with 2% incline, and lifted some weights)....this, as of today, has become at the VERY least a 3 day/week routine beginning NOW. It's gonna take exercise from here on out. Encourage me, folks. Please!! :)

I'm editing this post to say that I figured up a while ago....to meet my next goal (17 more pounds by August 23, 2011) I'll need to average 1.3 lbs per week....... :eek: :yikes: Please encourage me?!?!?! My heart is sinking.........I don't know if I can do it! My weight loss has tapered off here lately. Surely getting more exercise is gonna help.......I'm kinda stressin' out....... :( :( :(

I'm sorry you had a frustrating loss (but girl!!! It's still a pound! Don't discredit that!), but if that made you mad to realize that exercise is needed in your lifestyle change, then maybe that kick in the butt was a good one! Good luck and good for you!

Diana3271
05-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Hi Everyone! :wave: Another late check in! We've been really busy. We are trying to get everything caught up so we can go out of town. I don't even know if I mentioned this, but we are not opening the shop on Friday. We are packing on Friday morning to head out of town. We don't normally close on a regular day like that. I can't wait! :D :carrot:

I don't think I mentioned this either. I went to Jason's Deli on Sunday. I wanted to experiment with my turkey wrap to see if I would have an allergic reaction. I did, although it wasn't bad. I think it was the mayo in the ranch dressing. I think all mayo's have mustard powder. The next time I will order it without the ranch dressing and see what happens.

Tonight I had a frustrating situation. Me, DH and my Mom were going to share a salad. We told them ranch and honey mustard on the side for my Mom and DH. I was going to eat my part dry. They brought the salad with the dressings in the plate. The dressing was dripping off the sides and onto the salad. I scraped out some salad that I thought didn't have any dressing on it. I stirred the salad around and saw some honey mustard in there and then I realized that there was also red cabbage in the salad. :mad: I just divided my salad up between my DH and Mom. It wasn't worth dealing with the salad and a reaction that I might get. This really sucks! :mad: I won't let it get me down though! Once I am pretty certain that I'm allergic to the mustard family, I think I will get tested to make sure. I will probably have to live with a certain amount of reactions since it seems like mustard is in everything. I have also tried several antihistamines. Nothing I tried seemed to work. The allergist recommended Allegra. That has been the biggest help when I have a reaction of some significance.

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Grilled New York Strip 400 calories
3 orders green beans 300 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Total body Time-Crunch w/#8
Glute Challenge from Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog

K9Owner
05-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Well, with the excess of totally out of control bad carbs this weekend, I’m going to try to detox from some of them.
Have any of you ladies (or Larry) ever done this b4, where you go no processed carbs for several days?

I am going out of town on a canoeing trip Friday and will be back just in time to go to work Monday night. I know I will do bad b/c we take snacky food in a cooler to eat. The location is small where we go, and seriously, they have a Mexican Restaurant, a Fish House (fried), McDonald’s :barf: , Sonic, DQ, Pizza Inn, and a local “potluck” type restaurant. Hmmmm the only thing even remotely appealing atm to me is a fruit slush or crème slush from Sonic! You can forget about me even looking at that :jeno:

Today was an OP day with the exception of exercise. I took a 3 hr nap instead :(
I have to research that Melatonin tab and find out the half life and time it takes to leave your system.
It may be working a bit to well on me. I hate that too, b/c I really do like it, but I can’t sleep my life away!

MN-7a: 1 Low Carb Tuna Wrap, SO Delicious Orange Bar, Benefiber 430
7a-Noon: Cheese Omelet, Benefiber 170
Noon-3p: Grilled Chicken Strips, Zucchini, Mushrooms, Green Beans 248
3p-7p: SBD Mocha Ricotta Crème 140
7p-MN: SBD Taco Bake, Guac, RF Sour cream 463
Total: 1421

K9 Walk: 100 (pathetic! I almost fell asleep on the drive back home)

72 oz h2O

K9Owner
05-25-2011, 12:51 AM
Diana32: That must be so frustrating for you to have to make sure everything you eat doesn’t contain this or that! It’s bad enough trying to count cals, carbs, protein, fiber, etc without having that too! :hug: I hope you have a great time on your trip. I’m excited for you, and I’m not even the one going!! :lol:

Melissa: That pic of your HUGE turtle was amazing!!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a mama turtle at work, but I can so see you trying to help protect it’s tender egg. You just seem so “motherly” like that to me ;)

DianaLA: This is going to sound harsh, but at least you didn’t gain, AND you’re still in Onederland. There is a BRIGHT :sunny: side to all this. Don’t give up! I know I’ve wanted to quit over the last couple of weeks—esp this weekend with my fickle scale—but try to gain fresh perspective. Get some new recipes, change up your diet a bit, introduce some new foods into your system. Shake it up a bit. You can do it!!

Mamakat: :yay: YIPPEE for boardwalk walks!! :rofl: is that oxymoronic??

MizJ: Love your avi!! Such a welcoming smile!!

Ish: :bravo: on playing outside and picnics. I love both!!

Still: Sometimes, just sometimes.. things work in our favor! Brilliant on the calcium/thyroid med timing!! :love: it!!

Baiser: Hi and :welcome3:

Shells: Have a great time in WDW! Be prepared to sweat!! :lol:

Stacy: :yay: On 173!! Look at you “9 pounds from losing 100!!” You Geaux Girl!!

Aggie: :bravo: on your losses!! Love the pic with you and that precious bab!! Such a cutie!! :rofl: you said organicgasm!!! :lol:

Jenfett: WTG being binge free! Now that I realize I have this problem, I can firmly say 3 days is a MILESTONE! Heck, 1 day to me anymore is a MILESTONE!
:welcome2: to this thread btw. So glad you found your way over to us ;)

ZooDoo: :yay: on the new market in your town! I love new markets, esp ones that have a great selection of different foods!

Baileygirl: Hi! :welcome: I hear ya on the “Now Memorial Day approaching, I just want to hide.... I ate so bad today....... boredom, It has been raining for over a week and I am inside too much with my two little ones under two.... I feel so aweful”. Well, except for the 2 little ones under 2 :lol: Keep your chin up chick! You can do it!

:wave: Hi Shishkeberry, Vix, Miles Away, Jo, Larry, & anyone I missed

So the biz about the daily weights thing. Here’s my 2 cents, not that it’s worth much, but I weigh usually each day in the mornings, nude, before food or drink. I have only been recording my weekly WI, which is on Friday’s. However, after reading Stacy’s post about keeping track of them, I am now going to start putting my daily WI in the notes section of MFP. If I had done this last week, I could go back and see the exact day I hit 153 and try to imitate more closely the few days cals/exercise leading up to it.

Larry H
05-25-2011, 01:41 AM
I don't think I mentioned this either. I went to Jason's Deli on Sunday. I wanted to experiment with my turkey wrap to see if I would have an allergic reaction. I did, although it wasn't bad. I think it was the mayo in the ranch dressing. I think all mayo's have mustard powder. The next time I will order it without the ranch dressing and see what happens.

Diana3271,

I was thinking about you and Mayo and Mustard in it today when I was in Publix supermarket.

I spotted a new (to me) Mayo called "Smart Beat Mayonaise" It is fat free, 10 calories a Tbsp and guess what? No mustard in the ingredients!!:carrot: Every other Mayo I have looked at has mustard as an ingredient, but not this one.

Check it out!! :hug:

http://kimbensen.com/store/grocery-items/smart-beat-mayonnaise

Larry

ish
05-25-2011, 06:51 AM
GainingweightinLA - A pound is a pound is a pound! I know it's frustrating when you're expecting more, but at least that's one less pound you have to lose! I say congrats!

K9 owner It sounds like you're going into your trip in the right state of mind. Stick with it! Good luck with sorting out the medication situation, too. Maybe they can recommend something to boost your energy levels while keeping you on what you're on?

Everyone! - Thanks for all the support going into that potluck! I did really well food wise, but I had a few glasses of wine (when i had been intending on saying no thank you) and that put me over in calories. It's funny how things can change in the moment, isn't it? haha It felt strange to make myself the odd one out on something I wanted to partake in. Looking back I think that's why I didn't even hesitate, despite going in with a plan. It looks like this giving up alcohol thing is going to be more difficult than I imagined.

aggie2006
05-25-2011, 08:03 AM
NSV! 2 summers ago, i went shopping with my sister. i know this is going to sound stupid! but she was always quite larger than me. we were trying on the same pair of jeans, in the same size, bc id gained so much weight ( i didnt get on a scale then for over a year, and had no idea how much i weighed) well the jeans didnt fit me but fit her. and stupid me! was so embarassed that i bought the pricey DKNY jeans bc i was too ashamed to admit that they didnt fit. i know dumb! top it off, we left back abroad for the next few months, and i never returned the jeans. ive been fearing them ever since. i tried them on today, and bam! they fit, and comfortably! im shocked! ive been living in stretchy legging style jeans since by daughter was born, these have 0 stretch. i cant believe it. they are a size 16 junior. but non the less! btw i had no idea i weighed this much then. i though i weighed around 200 (i must have been over 230 if the jeans didnt fit, and im 230 now and they do) anyway, im wearing them now, and heck im not taking them off! i told DH i might sleep in them! haha...btw im down to 233 today, thats 14 pounds in close to 3 weeks! i always had a great metabolism, but this is fast!

some personals~

gainingweightinLa~ woohoo! 195! i dont get it, are you doing WW? and not losing at the weigh in but you are at home? 1.3 pounds, YOU CAN DO IT, GOOOOOOO GIRL!

stacygee!~yey! finally rid the 175! did you change your diet or not yet?

mamakat!~ good for you, lol on your daughters comment!

diana~ why didnt you send the salad back? its so frustrating when you go out and they get the order wrong...btw ive taken allegra, zyrtec and claritin. i looooved claritin, it gave me the longest relieve of the 3, with no side effects. i would not take zyrtec as it causes weight gain and drousyness.

k9~ thank you and lol...btw dont any of those restaurants have a atleast a semi healthy option? something grilled? a salad?

ish~ hi girl! with the wine, maybe you can limit it and still lose. i had some over the weekend and im doing ok. maybe in moderation? once a week or smthng?

K9Owner
05-25-2011, 08:29 AM
AGGIE!!
:yay: You Rock, girlie!! :yay:

In lieu of your ? concerning a salad option, this is going to sound picky, but I am a BIG picky salad eater. I love salads. All types! However, iceberg lettuce is usually not an ingredient in mine at home. Where I am going, this is "salad" to them. I like fresh Romaine, spinach, endive, spring mix, etc and if there is even any thing to remotely resembling brown spots or wilting, I won't eat it.
I could take a couple pre-made with me, but sitting in a cooler for several hours makes it soggy-- :barf:

jomatho
05-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Just popping in for a quick good morning! Scale stuck at 191, thank you ovulation, I was hoping I was firmly planted in the 180's but I guess that will come soon enough. Yesterday was on plan, still working on the water thing, can't seem to drink enough lately, gotta get better with that. Eating was good except I ended up eating my salad for dinner at about 9:30, not good. Really can't wait til boys sports are done.
Plan for today is run 5 more miles so I can take my scheduled day off tomorrow. Meals will prob. be the same as yesterday, no time to cook lately. Tomorrow it is 80% chance of rain all day and no games/meets scheduled so I will probably cook up a few meals, stock up my freezer with individual portioned servings. I want to get a few healthy pizza crusts made up too so I can throw together veggie pizzas in a pinch.
I was so glad to hear from some veterans of this thread yesterday! Love hearing from everyone! Keep up the good work!
Wish I had time for some personals, but I may be able to catch up later. Gotta focus on my workout and catching up on this house and be ready to leave by 2:15, so I may be MIA for the day, I will jump back on if I have some lag time.
Today is all about making good decisions!

Diana3271
05-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Diana32: That must be so frustrating for you to have to make sure everything you eat doesn’t contain this or that! It’s bad enough trying to count cals, carbs, protein, fiber, etc without having that too! :hug: I hope you have a great time on your trip. I’m excited for you, and I’m not even the one going!! :lol:

Thank you! Remember I heard good and bad reviews about the train ride? A friend of my Mom's went and she said it was great! I am really looking forward to this trip for some reason. Maybe it's because the weather is warm and the hotel has a pool. :dunno:

Diana3271
05-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Diana3271,

I was thinking about you and Mayo and Mustard in it today when I was in Publix supermarket.

I spotted a new (to me) Mayo called "Smart Beat Mayonaise" It is fat free, 10 calories a Tbsp and guess what? No mustard in the ingredients!!:carrot: Every other Mayo I have looked at has mustard as an ingredient, but not this one.

Check it out!! :hug:

http://kimbensen.com/store/grocery-items/smart-beat-mayonnaise

Larry

Larry Thanks for that. I will check it out! I see they have "natural flavors" in it. I will call the manufacturer. Hellman's has the mustard hidden under "natural flavors".

Diana3271
05-25-2011, 08:51 AM
diana~ why didnt you send the salad back? its so frustrating when you go out and they get the order wrong...btw ive taken allegra, zyrtec and claritin. i looooved claritin, it gave me the longest relieve of the 3, with no side effects. i would not take zyrtec as it causes weight gain and drousyness.

Congrats on your NSV! What a great feeling! Their salad/lettuce mix still had red cabbage in it. The whole thing was probably contaminated from the red cabbage. :lol: Thanks for the info on zyrtec. I didn't know it caused weight gain. :eek: The only one that has worked for my food allergies is Allegra. Does it cause weight gain? I don't need that! :lol:

Diana3271
05-25-2011, 08:52 AM

I hope you have a fantastic on plan day! :carrot:

Weigh In: 144.6
Down: .4 (below my maintenance range, but that's OK for now)

berryblondeboys
05-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Man, ovulation is messing with me too - up .6 today to 211!!!! That STINKS! I exercised for 45 minutes yesterday and at 1230 calories. Was similar the day before and every day - why does my body need so much water in its system while it gears up for ovulation? Such a mystery (or maybe it's a side effect of the hormones and not that it needs the fluid retention).

2 pounds up from my low now.

RachaelJ
05-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Tuesday 05/24

Breakfast: Small Banana , 1 sausage link
Lunch: Vanilla Yogurt
Dinner: Meat Spagetti (no noodles, so just sauce, weird I know I ran out of noodles)
Excercise: p90x legs and abs

I was tempted to weigh myself early. I'm holding steady at 158. I figure I'm not eating enough calories but I'm not hungry and when I do eat I'm eating til i'm full. I'm getting slightly discouraged. Inches are lost but I need pounds gone too. Should I stop excercising for a while to loose the weight then pick it back up when I'm closer to a size I want to be?

mamakat
05-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Diana in LA I think you are doing wonderfully. You inspire me so much. You know when you weighed yourself and saw that "one pound' down and thought how is that possible? Instead of going home and saying screw it I'm having a brownie and ice cream, you exercised. That's the sign that you're doing GREAT. I get why you're down, but your actions are sooo positive and that makes you a true inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

Diana3271 food allergies are the weirdest things and can pop up at any age. My daughter is allergic to carrots, celery and apples (some days). Her doctor wants her to carry around Benedryl in case she has a reaction. She swells so bizzarrely. She says she just won't eat them. I hate when ingredients are hidden in the all natural flavoring because for those of you who have the less heard of allergies its just harder to stay safe.

Looks like another sunny day and I am feeling good so far. I plan to make that walk again today but maybe at 6. I dropped a pound but not counting on it staying. I just want to lose the ten I've gained since the beginning of the sickness. I hope you all have a great day.

stacygee
05-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Diana: One pound is still good for a week. Especially when you have been working on it for so LONG! But, I think it is great for you to add in “orchestrated” exercise. It will burn more calories and help make up for the slow down! YOU CAN DO IT!

Diana: Where are you going on your vacation? I too have lots of frustrations at restaurants. Sometimes I think it isn’t worth it to eat out at all. That is why on our vacation most of the time we are staying at a cabin with a kitchenette. Then I can stay on my diet plan and not have restaurant sabotage.

K9: I have done detoxes like that. Not so much this time around but after I had my first child I did Quick Weight Loss Center’s program. They would have you eat only veggies and protein. The protein had to be the same protein for 2-3 days. For breakfast you could have eggs. No other carbs. I think possibly a serving of fruit as long as it was before 2PM. It drops an incredible amount quickly. They said we did it to “prime” our bodies for a new diet??? I think you’ll like writing down your weigh in b/c you seem a bit analytical… You can also note when your period starts so you’ll understand those fluctuations and from other peoples posts they have written that ovulation does something. I haven’t figured that out on me but I will try. Is that two weeks after your period? Canoeing sounds fun!

Larry: Very thoughtful of you to look out for Diana! You’re the MAN!

Ish: Counting calories certainly does teach you the effect and differences in foods. Giving up alcohol is hard. I miss it. I probably drink a couple of beers every 4-6 weeks though. Budlite or Michelob Ultra. My trainer also said if your going to drink liquor keep it clear like a gin and tonic or vodka and diet sprite.

Aggie: You are doing so GREAT! Keep up the hard work! One of my favorite parts of my diet have been finding the clothes in my closet that I could never have worn and now can. I have worked my way through all those sizes and now I have to buy ALL NEW! Love that too! I haven’t changes my diet yet officially. Since I am going on vacation my trainer said stick to what I’ve been doing through vacation and we’ll change it up when I get back. BUT- more on that later….

Jo: What you said appears to be correct… more on that later….Great job being on plan and so proud of your running. I REALLY WANT TO START THAT!

RachaelJ: Don’t be discouraged. You have to stick to your plan… and in a minute I will tell you why! Don’t stop exercising either!!!!

Now for me! Although I haven’t changed up my diet I was very strict Monday and Tuesday and this morning I weighed in at 170!!! I couldn’t believe it! Jo is the one that said it must be a blip up before a whoosh down and it WAS (I think)! I’ll stick to 1200 calories today too. Perhaps I need to keep them lower. I really don’t expect the 170 for tomorrow but it is still helping me know that the right thing to do is to STICK TO OUR EATING PLANS and EXERCISE PLANS (although I have decreased it a bit but remember I was doing 2 hours cardio a day). So all of you remember it took me 3 WEEKS! And I was getting so discouraged and a WHOOSH FINALLY CAME!

Diana3271
05-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Stacy Great job! We are going back to NC. We are going on the Great Smoky Mountain train ride. I have been wanting to do that for a couple years. The last two years, that we've went to NC there has been snow and ice. We couldn't do much. The hotel also has an indoor pool and whirlpool. I'm excited over that. Unfortunately, eating at restaurants is a way of life for us because of our work schedule. Also, we are "foodies", so when we go on vacation, we enjoy going out. I am thankful that I don't have anaphylactic shock reactions. If I had that, our lifestyle would definitely have to change. I have been able to stay on my food plan (diet) with eating out on a regular basis.

mamakat Those foods that your DD is allergic to, are they in the same "family"? I haven't looked those up. It would be interesting to find out, though.

RachaelJ How much cardio are you getting? Cardio made a huge difference for me. Everyone is different though.

Berry Hang in there and keep your focus. You will soon whoosh it all away.

K9Owner
05-25-2011, 10:52 AM
K9: I think you’ll like writing down your weigh in b/c you seem a bit analytical…

:rofl: hahahaha ya think!!!

:bravo: on 170, even if for 1 day!!!

Vixsin
05-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Still dancing with 192. Down .4 to 192.2. Thanks Ovulation! :tantrum: :lol: I'll tell ya, I am really looking forward to the whooshes that should start happening in about a week or so. I am confident that I will be firmly planted in the 180's! :crossed: Only a couple more months and my system will come back to normal since I had the Mirena removed!! Can't wait for that!!!!! :yay:

Going to try and do some Yoga with Bob tonight. I think I am going to try to run in the mornings before Maxwell gets up. I loved working out first thing in the morning. It would always set a nice tone for the day. I think I'm going to try it.

Vixsin
05-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Stacy: Great job sticking it out!!! These are the HUGE victories that we should celebrate! 3 weeks was hard on you and you made it! You did that, girl. You did. Nobody else. Believe in yourself like we ALL believe in you!!! :hug: Great job!

jomatho
05-25-2011, 11:20 AM
WAY TO GO STACY!!!! :woohoo: I'm so proud of you!

jomatho
05-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Still dancing with 192. Down .4 to 192.2. Thanks Ovulation! :tantrum: :lol: I'll tell ya, I am really looking forward to the whooshes that should start happening in about a week or so. I am confident that I will be firmly planted in the 180's! :crossed: Only a couple more months and my system will come back to normal since I had the Mirena removed!! Can't wait for that!!!!! :yay:

Going to try and do some Yoga with Bob tonight. I think I am going to try to run in the mornings before Maxwell gets up. I loved working out first thing in the morning. It would always set a nice tone for the day. I think I'm going to try it.

Right there throwing a tantrum with you, and so is Berry! Here are the three of us throwing our ovulation weight gain tantrums :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

GainingWeightInLa
05-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement, guys....and Aggie, I don't feel like an inspiration......feel like a slacker! lol But if my post inspired you, then something positive DID come from only losing one pound this week....and that makes it worth it! :D Thanks for telling me it inspired you! :hug: The rest of you guys are right.....atleast I didn't work my hiney off and GAIN. I WOULDA been frustrated over that.....probably would've taken a week off over that one! :rofl:

Stacy, I am sooooooooo happy that you FINALLY had a whoosh!!! I can only imagine how frustrated you have been. You should be TOTALLY proud of yourself for just having the willpower to stick to your guns and not give up! YOU are an amazing inspiration, not only to me but everyone here, I'm sure! Whose with me???

Have a hair appt in 30 minutes and haven't even started getting ready. Gotta run.. Have a fabulous day everyone! BBL!!

berryblondeboys
05-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Stacygee Yay!!!!!!!! You so earned that whoosh!!!! Fingers crossed it sticks for you!

berryblondeboys
05-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Right there throwing a tantrum with you, and so is Berry! Here are the three of us throwing our ovulation weight gain tantrums :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Boy you got that right!

MzJuicyD
05-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Sorry I didn't post yesterday but my cousin Ive been working out with was admitted into the hospital. She had surgery to remove a growth on her back that was caused by her lymphedema a few months ago. Somehow it got infected and it reached her blood stream. I skipped the gym yesterday and went and sat with her for a few hours. She looks great and says she feels a lot better but the doctors want to keep her for a while for observation.

It's just a bummer because she was doing so well. However, she text me and told me that when they weighed her she had lost 3 pounds! Thats really good considering it hadnt been quit a week yet since we started. I'll keep u guys posted on her progress.

As for me, I have a long day of work today. Probably won't be able to hit the gym today but I am walking to work today which is about a 15 min walk. Then tonight i may go for another short walk in my neighborhood if its not too dark. If so, its Leslie Sansone it is! lol

I weighed in this morning and I was up to 263.8 which is better than i thought since TOM came to visit this morning! TOM has me feeling pretty crappy today and hope I have the energy to make it through the day.

iamerican
05-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey everyone. I am pretty new to the site. I am on Day 3 of getting my life back on track and trying to seriously lose weight. Day one and two were very good. And what happens... I come to work and there are BAGELS. UH OH. And what do I do... Eat one and 1/2 with cream cheese. gah. I was doing so good. Now I am already way high in calories. Plus, Sat I leave for TN to visit a cousin. I know we are oging out to eat ALOT then. How can I keep it in control and stay on only at Day 3. Thanks for listening. Hope everyone is having a good day and staying on task!

Diana3271
05-25-2011, 01:43 PM
iamerican Hi and Welcome! :wave:

GainingWeightInLa
05-25-2011, 02:33 PM
iamerican, you CAN do it while still going out to eat! :) There are a LOT of us here who go out a LOT! I went out for atleast one meal per day on Friday, Saturday AND Sunday this past weekend....and still lost a lb this past week (I weigh in on Tuesdays at a weight watcher meeting). It's all about planning and making wise choices....and of course will power! :) When I go out, I try not to eat anything that's not grilled, baked or steamed.....and if they have a "light" menu, I will only choose from that. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Hope you'll keep coming here.......the folks here are very motivating and inspirational. Beware that we sometimes are guilty of sharing TMI, though. :lol: But hey, we're all having similar struggles....I think it's great that we even share what others might consider to be TMI. :D

Started my day out getting my hair done. What a nice way to start the day. :)

We are planning a trip not this weekend but next weekend to an amusement/water park with my BIL and SIL and their kids......I'm very tempted to wear shorts. I still have a LOT to lose, but I may break out of my comfort zone and just do it! DH says I definitely should. I've been toying with the idea of tanning a little this summer, too...I know, I know...health risks galore....but I have NEVER been to a tanning bed....I know you guys have opinions......and I'm asking for them....so lemme have 'em! :D

Gotta run. BBL!! :)

TXGirl487
05-25-2011, 03:03 PM
I haven't been posting lately, I have been sick and stressed out since last Wednesday. My kids have their school courses chosen and end of the year exams almost completed. (We homeschool through a state virtual school, so lots of work for me to do!) My dog went to both of her vets and is now in remission from an autoimmune problem! My husband had an awesome end of year review for his job! My mother is out of the hospital from complications form spinal surgery and Dad's eye surgeries went well.

Whew! All behind me now! I was able to stay on plan through it all, Yea! I didn't get as much exercise as I would have liked but I can't control the weather :)
So today, (beautiful and sunny) I took a 4 mile walk and it felt so good!

I'm sticking with my 1200 cal/day routine as it seems to be working. I am now 175lbs. That is 12 lbs lost, glad to see it gone. I have also lost some inches which is great too! Tonight I am going to try out some new workout dvd's I got last week and have a dance compitition with my daughter on the kinect, should be fun!

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

zoodoo613
05-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm heading out of town (sounds like a lot of us are) so I thought I'd post before I hit the road. My internet access will likely be patchy, so I probably won't check in much. I'm also not sure what I'll do about tracking (I don't have a fancy phone, so I've relied on internet access). I'm not going to stress to much about eating while we're gone. We'll be busy, and probably won't have non-stop access to food, which is where I tend to get into trouble. I'll just take the meals as they come. I also likely won't have access to a scale, so I'll just have to be surprised when I get back.

Have a great weekend!

shishkeberry
05-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Zoodoo do you have internet on your phone at all? I use about.com 's calorie counter and it works on my cheapy phone.

berryblondeboys
05-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Just looked at my chart since I started... nice blips up about every 28-29 days. Gee, OVULATION! I should be ovulating today or tomorrow and then PLEASE let the whoosh begin. I didn't want to see the 210s again... But last month I said I didn't want to see the 220s again and both times just at ovulation I got back up there.

OK, off to go sweat in the yard a bit. Mowing later too, but when it cools down a bit.

still
05-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Hey guys! Today is a busy, busy day for me, but I had to pop in to tell you that I am officially 170! I saw it for the second day in a row!

That puts me to 15 pounds lost, halfway to my goal, and bangin on the door of the 160's! Woot!

I have an evening training in an hour. I feel like I barely leave work today. Blech!

Anyone have wonderful Memorial weekend plans?

mamakat
05-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Diana in LAdefinitely wear shorts. Let me just say one summer I spent the whole summer at a water park (seasonal pass) and I can't tell you how many women I saw in swim suits that most people would say "OH my gosh, doesn't she know what she looks like." Heck, the people around here will moo at you if your overweight, but those women did it and I am so glad that they did and do. It's our lousy society that tells us bigger women that we can't wear this or that, but hey we have every right as anyone else. Don't allow anyone to tell you otherwise. You look fantastic, give yourself pleasure in comfort and your husband pleasure with walking with a very lovely lady.
As for sun and getting a tan. I see a hematologist on an all too regular basis and he wants me to be out in the sun for 15mins a day to get Vitamin D. Isn't that funny? I think tanning beds are just as dangerous as the sun and what's the old saying "in moderation." Again do what's comfortable for you. I hope you have a great time. Let your hair down and don't fret what others think, this is your time to live.

themilesawaygirl
05-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi all, had a busy day at work today so got lots to catch up on! I was down 2lb this morning from last week, but I've switched from evening to morning weighing so I'm guessing that's the only reason for the difference.

Berry thanks for the wise words on daily weighing, I think I'll try it for a week or so and see whether I prefer it to weekly.

Zoodoo Great to hear about the food co-op. I live in London in the UK and have the opposite problem - there are so many little independent shops it's sometimes impossible to find the good ones! Nice to have the variety though :-) Have a good time away!

Shishkeberry Good going on the hour walk

jenfett well done on 3 days binge free! I'm on day 3 too, but i've had a couple of slip ups. No binges though. Here's going for the whole week!

Aggie I'll wait till the tat's healed, it looks a bit dodgy at the moment! Not sure I can post pics yet as I think I'm still too new. Waiting for a ticker as well... Congrats on the NSV too!

DianaLA Don't be disheartened by a loss! Any loss is good, and you mention you thought you could tell a difference. How you feel is way more important than the numbers on a scale. You did the right thing by hitting the exercise, that's a great attitude and it'll keep you going in the right direction. :hug: I think you should wear shorts next weekend - listen to your DH, he'll be proud to be seen with you! As to the sunbeds I'd say no, if you want to fake it go with a spray tan, sooo much safer!

Stacy Really glad to hear you're off that dreaded 175 again. Soon it'll just be a distant memory for you! Keep up the good work lady :-)

Mamakat The boardwalk sounds great, well done on getting there. Hope you manage to get out and about again soon.

Diana3271 So sorry to hear about your salad - did you explain your reasons for having to avoid certain foods? I'm sure most places would be happy to cater for your needs. Good luck with Larry's recommendation too!

K9owner I've followed a no carb diet for a while before. Found I couldn't stick to it long-term but it certainly didn't do any harm, as long as you stock up on veggies and lean protein.

Ish I think I've mentioned my difficulty in giving up drinks too - I've decided to try and put in restrictions rather than give up completely, maintain some control but not risking a blowout from deprivation.

Vixsin I love working out in the morning too, but have trouble getting myself out of bed. I don't have kids so I have no excuse. I really admire all of you ladies for fitting in exercise with families too, it's really inspiring.

MZJuicy So sorry to hear about your cousin, wishing her all the best for a speedy recovery. She's lucky to have you there for support, hope you feel better soon too!

iamerican Welcome! Don't beat yourself up about the bagels - posting here is a great way to start taking accountability and it's a real motivator to stay on plan or at least bounce back after a slip-up. Good luck!

TXgirl Wow, you've been through a lot! Congrats for staying on plan, that's brilliant, well done you :)

stilln Amazing for hitting the half way mark, congratulations!

Hi to anyone I've missed, hope you're all doing great!

Larry H
05-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Melissa - I am looking forward to being ableto work in the yard again. Doctor says that after two months I can ride the riding lawnmower. Two
months will be the 13th of June. Time seems to be crawling so slowly towards that date.

Diana3271 - I was taking Allegra for hives while dieting. I don't believe it caused any weight gain.

Zoodoo613 - Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Stacy - "weighed in at 170!!!" :bravo: That is excitingt news, Bravo!!

Diana in LA - Your whoosh is coming, just stay the course. Your body will eventually get tired of frustrating you, Congrats on the pound lost!! :carrot:

MzJuicyD - Hope your cousin makes a speedy recovery. :hug:

TXGirl487 - Great job staying on plan despite all the problems!! Congrats on the 12 pounds!! :congrat:

Aggie2006 - Wow! 14 pounds in close to 3 weeks. Way to go!! :carrot: :bravo: :cb: :dancer: ::twirly:

RachaelJ - Looks like your calorie count is way low. What's your daily calorie plan? :carrot:

Mamakat - Walking is good. That is my main execise while I am recuperating from heart bypass surgery.

Vixsin - Your whoosh is coming, hang in there!! :goodscale:

iamerican - Welcome!! You will find a lot of support here. :hug:

Niki - 15 pounds lost, halfway to your goal!! Wowser!! Way to go!! What an inspiration you are!! :carrot: :bravo::cb::dancer::twirly: :goodscale: :congrat:

Jomatho, Jenfett, Shishkeberry, Krystal, Sum, Novelistabac, Andejean, Pint, themilesawaygirl and anyone I missed - Hi :wave:

My calorie count today so far is only 877 but I have gone over my sodium which is 2250 mg. My goal is 2000 mg. Now I have to figure out how to increase my calories without increasing sodium????:?:

My weight is steady at 237. I expect that will change soon "IF IT HOLDS TO THE PATTERAN"??

No exercise today:( Oh well tommorrow is another day!!

Larry,

berryblondeboys
05-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Holy Moly mowing that lawn was exhausting. So, my lawn takes 1.5 hours to do. That's a long time! I did 30 minutes day before yesterday and an hour tonight and I'm wiped out. It was LOOOOOOOOOONG. And it's only been a week! But my little 18" wide electric mower plugged along - slowly.

K9Owner
05-25-2011, 09:56 PM
:tantrum: TORNADOES :rain: AGAIN :tantrum:

Andejean
05-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi all! Sorry I've been scarce, been really busy! Tomorrow is my birthday!

I finally got a call from the doctor to review my nasal CT. She said I still had a slight sinus infection, and a deviated septum, and that I could discuss it with the ENT at my appointment, which is in over 2 weeks, so that will be a fun wait, LOL
Still weighing in at 142. 7 lbs away from my initial goal, but I'll reevaluate when I get there.
I'm going to turn in early tonight, I'm spending the day with the kiddos at the Early Learning Center. I am really looking forward to it! :) Then dinner, then my boyfriend and I are going to try to swing by goodwill to use my birthday coupon. :)

K9Owner
05-25-2011, 10:21 PM
MzJ: :cry: I’m so sorry to hear about your cousin. Sending :getwell: wishes to her!
Boo to TOM, he always screws everything up! That dumb cRAVEN bird will be at my back door pecking it wif his ugly beak by the end of Memorial Day! Dang Bird!! :tantrum:

Hi iAmerican! :wel3fc:
My best advice—stay away from Pina Coladas, if you eat Mexican—count out exactly 7 chips and eat NO MORE of them, when ordering from the menu, unless you’re having an appetizer as a meal, skip it. Also, skip the baked potato—sounds healthy, but not really a great choice, you’ll be hungry again n 2 hrs. Oh yeah, and get everything “on the side”, including dips, sauces, dressings, and condiments. Also, if you know you're going to a place whose portions are large, ask the server to go ahead and box up 1/2 your food in a to go container, that way, you'll only have 1/2 on your plate to eat!

DianaLA: I :love: tanning beds!! The only reason I stopped going was b/c when I wanted to tan in the natural sun—I couldn’t! I could stay for hours with NO SUNSCREEN and the sun would hit everyone except me! I used to go all the time, even in the winter—for at least 8 yrs. I have a lot of freckles, but no skin damage otherwise. I am all for the :sunny:

TXgirl: WoW! That’s a lot on your plate. Glad you were able to tough all of that out!

ZooDoo: Hope you have a FABULAIRE trip!

Still: :woohoo: WTG! So proud of your accomplishments!

MilesAway: Take those 2 lbs anyway you can get them gf!! :lol:

Larry: Sounds like fresh or frozen green beans, broccoli, and carrots for you! :rofl: Makes for a yummi veggie dish!

Melissa: Would you mind please, sending a little :sunny: this way?? I’ll send you some rain!! Your newly planted flowers surely need a drink!

Hi Mamakat, Diana32, Stacy, Vix, anyone I missed….
Dang tornadoes, I should move to the Saraha!

As for me, I am canoeing this weekend and having a FABULAIRE day # 2 “detoxing from the processed carbs”!
Not even hungry—no cravings—no headache! :carrot: Geaux Me!! :carrot:

iamerican
05-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Wow, I am loving this thread already! WOOHOOO! I love hearing about everyones progress and just generally about lives. I can't wait to get more involved in the site! I think the support will be a great help in my journey. This week I haven't managed to do any "real" exercise, that addition is definately a goal for next week. Hold me to that!

K9Owner, Larry H, themilesawaygirl, GainingWeightInLa, and Diana3274 Thanks for the welcomes and advice! Even despite the bagels I still managed to stay below 1700 cal and used my will power to NOT get popcorn at the movies.

Hope everyone had a great day!

jenfett
05-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Had a very busy great day for a Wednesday. Because I didn't over eat last night I was able to sleep so much better so I got up on time this morning and first thing I did was eat some breakfast, then my coworkers and I had planned an outing to Olive Garden for lunch so had soup ( two bowls but I had planned ahead of time to allow myself to have that as long as I did not eat a whole thing of breadsticks like last time) I asked my coworker to please don't let me eat more than one and she did very good, but I found that I didn't even feel the need to eat them all like usual. Had two plates of salad so I made that my big meal of the day so I felt full and calm when I got home at almost 8. Hubby made baked chicken with BBQ sauce and fries and brussel sprouts ( the dinner we were supposed to have last night but didn't) I did very good, I counted out 8 fries, one piece of chicken and almost two cups of brussel sprouts...love them. Once that was done the kiddo and I put on some exercise videos from ondemand and we worked through some of those for 25 minutes, I couldn't keep up with some of them so I just did my own thing, but have the feeling I am gonna feel it tomorrow, think I need to stick to walking or the elliptical for a while hahaha.

A coworker randomly told me today that I had a glow about me today....lol I think honestly it was an internal smile that I was wearing because I truly feel so good now. Not just taking charge and making the changes needed to get myself healthy, but honestly having this forum to be able to come and talk about my journey has just been all the difference and sooo wish I had made this decision sooner. So happy :) Night everyone :)

Diana3271
05-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: Another fly by post.

K9 Stay safe!

Larry If you don't mind me asking, did you have hives from an allergic reaction? I also get them the next morning after I have eaten something that I am reacting to.

themilesawaygirl I didn't tell the waiter up front about my allergy. He was very young and I didn't want to explain all of that to him. :lol:

Something funny about explaining to the food staff at a restaurant about your allergy. Remember when I told you I went to Jason's on Sunday. I asked the manager about the sprouts. I wanted to make sure that they were not broccoli sprouts. I also asked about their ranch dressing. He jokingly said there wasn't any mustard in it. I decided not to explain any farther when he jokingly asked if I wanted him to make me a broccoli smoothie. :mad: How do I come into contact with all of these idiots? I told DH about it and he said he was glad that he wasn't there. He would have went over the counter and explained it in a way that he could better understand the situaition. :lol:

Total Approx 1440 calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Pita wrap 200 calories
grilled mahi 300 calories
hummus 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Body Sculpt Blaster
TF Fire 45 EZ

RachaelJ
05-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Larry,

I try to get 1200 calories

Larry H
05-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Larry If you don't mind me asking, did you have hives from an allergic reaction? I also get them the next morning after I have eaten something that I am reacting to.

I thought it was an allergy and was seeing an allergist on a regular basis. The hives were diagnosed as idopathic meaning no cause could be identified.
They were really bad every day for nine months and then they suddenly stopped. I have been hive free for five months now. The allergist says there is a good chance they will return.

I have no known allergys but those hives must have been caused by something.

Allegra by itself helped a lot but did not get rid of them so the doctor added a high dose of Ranitidine (Zantac) I was taking 300 mg twice a day.

I hope they don't come back because I can't take Allegra now due to a interaction with a new heart medication.

Larry,

Diana3271
05-26-2011, 07:38 AM

The scale is down this morning. Again, since we are going out of town this weekend, I'm not worrying about it. I have a plan for the weekend and I plan to stay on plan. But, you know how it is when you are traveling or out of town. You are out of your element and there are things out of your control. I will do the best that I can do. My exercise will be swimming. The hotel also has some cardio equipment. I will choose swimming over equipment any day! Once I get back home, and my weight stabilizes (from the water weight, you know what happens with the water weight. ;) :lol:) I will evaluate my food/exercise program, if that seems necessary. I was really hoping that I could keep things the same. We'll see.

Weigh In: 144
Down: .6

I went to Target last night. Are you familiar with the long sundresses that are in style now? I decided to try one on with a short cardigan. It was gorgeous. I loved it! The dress is jewel tone colors on a black background. Jewel tone colors really look good on me. The cardigan is black. I tried looking at target.com but couldn't find it so I could show you. I haven't worn a dress since I graduated from college. I told DH about it. I told him that I want him to see me in it, but I don't want to buy it. He said 'if I think it looks that good on you, I will want you to buy it!' :lol: I just want him to see how pretty it is on me. I don't think I want to buy it, though. I can see me wearing it a few times this Summer, but not that much.

berryblondeboys
05-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Diana3271 THat is so sweet of your husband and i'm glad you are finding things that make you feel good.

k9owner Yesterday was the first day in 10 days that we didn't get rain during the day. It's been a wet spring here too. Just not as violent.

For me, the scale is creeping back down - ovulated yesterday pretty sure.

Did a 2 hour post pasta meal glucose test and my blood sugar was 128 which is considered normal, but that's high for me (now). So, I will keep pasta eating to a minimum (which I have been).

I have a lot of work to do the next couple days as we are having a potluck picnic on Saturday. My house is one big dust bunny and I need to get a few supplies yet.

Oh, my son LOVES the new swing in the back yard. I picked up some cushions and we sat out there last evening for about an hour. Even my mother in law thinks it's nice.

aggie2006
05-26-2011, 08:27 AM
morning everyone!

good news, my 233 stuck! still 233 today. breathing a sigh of relief this morning. i ordered some clothing from old navy, im abroad and clothes are too small here for me, and too expensive when they fit. so my mom shipped me a whole package full of clothes (tops, dresses, tanks, bras) and nothing fit, everything was too big. i recently quit breastfeeding too and i guess my boobies shrunk bc i was swimming in them :( shame bc i have to send it all back, and try again. funny though, is old navy getting bigger? i have XL tops from there that fit me great. but all the xl tops i ordered dont fit...weird...
anyway, hopefully soon i will fit into my smaller clothes, and i wont need to buy anything :)

jomatho
05-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Lost my post, grrrr. In a nutshell, yesterday was hectic, probably didn't eat enough, but my scale blessed me with a 2.8# whoosh down to 188.2 :yikes:. My goal this weekend will be to stay the course and try to stay firmly planted in the 180's. No scheduled events today and it is my day off from working out, so I hope to be able to catch up on personals today! Hope everyone has a great day!

berryblondeboys
05-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Lost my post, grrrr. In a nutshell, yesterday was hectic, probably didn't eat enough, but my scale blessed me with a 2.8# whoosh down to 188.2 :yikes:. My goal this weekend will be to stay the course and try to stay firmly planted in the 180's. No scheduled events today and it is my day off from working out, so I hope to be able to catch up on personals today! Hope everyone has a great day!

Woohoo! Looks like you ovulated too! Though, that's QUITE the whoosh!

stacygee
05-26-2011, 08:49 AM
It stuck...It stuck...It stuck...It stuck... i am still a bit speechless about the plateau and the blip up and then the whoosh but I have seen 170 two days in a row! Please everyone... when you start to feel discouraged please stick to your eating plans and exercise plans. It is so very hard, I know... but it pays off in the end!

Aggie- I was surprised when you said you ordered Old navy. I quit trying to buy anything there years ago b/c I thought it ran too small. Perhaps that has changed. I'll have to give it a shot!

Diana: I love it when our husbands want to defend our honor!

iamerican: We are happy to have you. I love to come here for support and companionship and a diversion from the pantry!

berryblondeboys
05-26-2011, 08:51 AM
It stuck...It stuck...It stuck...It stuck... i am still a bit speechless about the plateau and the blip up and then the whoosh but I have seen 170 two days in a row!

yay!!! Your enthusiasm is catching!

RachaelJ
05-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Wednesday: 05/25
Breakfast: 1 small banana, 1 sausage link
Snack: 1/4 cup Trail Mix
Lunch: Cup meat Spagetti sauce (left overs)
Dinner: 1 Serving Broccoli Casserole
Snack: Popsicle
Total Calories: 1038
Water: 100 ounces
Excercise: 0

Yesterday I kept up my water intake. Busy day with taking my daughter to the ER for a sprained wrist. So glad that was the only issue. I'm still at a crossroads about excercise and calorie intake. I've been doing p90x and it seems like I'm loosing inches and gaining muscle with minimal weightloss. This is probably mostly due to me not eating enough calories but I'm seriously not hungry. I try to snack and eat more but I can't seem to get it down if I'm not hungry.

I don't know if I should scale the videos only to 3 times a week with only the cardio type work outs of P90x and continue with my diet plan or just cut the excercise out until I'm closer to my goal weight then pick the excercise back up.

If you guys could offer thoughts I would surely appreciate it.

berryblondeboys
05-26-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm still at a crossroads about excercise and calorie intake. I've been doing p90x and it seems like I'm loosing inches and gaining muscle with minimal weightloss. This is probably mostly due to me not eating enough calories but I'm seriously not hungry. I try to snack and eat more but I can't seem to get it down if I'm not hungry.

I don't know if I should scale the videos only to 3 times a week with only the cardio type work outs of P90x and continue with my diet plan or just cut the excercise out until I'm closer to my goal weight then pick the excercise back up.

If you guys could offer thoughts I would surely appreciate it.

I'm not trying to sound mean, but is your goal to be thin? or to be healthy? My hope is that it's to be healthy which means fit and leaner (less weight). Cutting out exercise seems counter-intuitive. If you exercise, you are building muscle which ups your metabolism, but more, it does burn extra calories for you and it's making your body happy - especially your heart, your brain and your bones. All things we all should be thinking about.

I looked it up and there is a specific schedule for doing p90x. http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.org/ Why not follow it and see what happens?

My guess is that you are either misjudging your calories or are just in a temporary stall which happens to all of us. Just keep doing the exercise and watching the caloric intake and the weight will come off AND you will get more fit and heart happy.

RachaelJ
05-26-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm not trying to sound mean, but is your goal to be thin? or to be healthy? My hope is that it's to be healthy which means fit and leaner (less weight). Cutting out exercise seems counter-intuitive. If you exercise, you are building muscle which ups your metabolism, but more, it does burn extra calories for you and it's making your body happy - especially your heart, your brain and your bones. All things we all should be thinking about.

I looked it up and there is a specific schedule for doing p90x. http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.org/ Why not follow it and see what happens?

My guess is that you are either misjudging your calories or are just in a temporary stall which happens to all of us. Just keep doing the exercise and watching the caloric intake and the weight will come off AND you will get more fit and heart happy.

Berry: You make some valid points. Thanks so much for this. I want to be healthy. I guess thought that I'd loose faster with everything I'm doing. I had/have this idea in my head that I would be much smaller by 6/25 for my BFF's wedding. I'm thinking too much.

jomatho
05-26-2011, 10:03 AM
I'll jump in here too. 6/25 is four weeks away. Think about what 4 weeks of p90x will do for your figure, even if the scale doesn't reflect it, no one at that wedding will see the number on your scale, just your emerging figure! Keep exercising, eat a little more, even if you have to get the other calories from calorie dense foods like nuts, peanut butter, more meat, etc. That way, you won't have something super filling, but you will be fueling you body for your workouts. If your body thinks it is not getting enough fuel for your workouts, it will hold on to it's fat reserves. Keep eating right, keep exercising, it will happen!

jomatho
05-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Woohoo! Looks like you ovulated too! Though, that's QUITE the whoosh!

I know, it makes me a little leary. . .I never have downward fluctuations that big, hmmmmm. But it's okay if I am up a little tomorrow, I'm heading in the right direction!
Your potluck sounds fun, what are you making for it? I have a track banquet June 1st that will be a dessert potluck!!!! How healthy is that? I won't be eating anything there, that is for sure! I am going to try a new recipe for chocolate chip cheese ball. Looks like regular cheese ball, but it is sweet and you use graham cracker sticks to dip. Not sure if that would be good for a potluck though, what do you think?. If not that, then maybe chocolate dipped pretzels. I really despise making desserts. Everyone else loves it, I would rather make something savory.

K9Owner
05-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Day 3 of detox for me--I should have done this weeks ago!
I almost crashed last night and binged on a popsicle, but I didn't.
Wishing today were Friday, so I could celebrate.
Turns out where we WERE going canoeing, 2 cities are dumping their overflowing sewage into the river! :barf: I had to cancel the entire trip last night at 11pm--bummer!
I seriously just want to see some :sunny:
I am so terribly sick of all the rain. I know rain is a good thing, but too much of anything turns it sour!

Anyway, going to try to stay OP today. If I can force breakfast, since I am not too hungry so that I am not starving later—that will be a good thing!

Have a great OP day everyone ;)

stacygee
05-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Rachel: PLease take Berry and Jo's advice. Exercise is an integral part of the weightloss journey and also if you have started the habit you should continue. It is so good for you in so many ways!

themilesawaygirl
05-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi everyone, time for my catch up:

Larry - Try snacking on unsalted nuts and dried fruit? Nuts have quite a few (good) calories but zero sodium. Pretty much all fruit is the same too as far as I know.

Berry - you must have a huuuge lawn! What a great way to workout outdoors, I'm envious of your green space! Did you say you've got bad weather though? Sorry I can't remember who lives where, you have such a big country!

Andejean good luck with the ENT appointment (and the wait for it!) and have a GREAT time at the ELC with the kids :)

K9owner Hours in the sun with no sun screen? That worries me girl. Not sure what the health service is like over in the States but here they're crazy mad about sunscreen. I adore the sun too, and don't burn easily, but always make sure to have sunscreen if I'm going to be out in it for a while. You get ALL the vit D and NONE of those harmful rays. But WELL DONE on the detox, glad you're feeling great!

iamerican so glad you love this thread - I do too and I'm pretty new here. Good for you not letting the bagels throw you off course, I find that it the hardest thing when I've made a mistake to get back on track straight away. Definitely find the motivation to add exercise to your routine. It makes you feel so good! Let us know how you get on :)

jenfett Reading your post made me so happy, I'm SO pleased for you! Keep going girl you're doing amazingly!

Diana3271 So sorry to hear about your bad experience with restaurants - that manager sounds like such an idiot! Seems like your husband should have given him a telling off! Most places here in the UK are really good with allergies, I hope you find somewhere that treats you like you deserve! I also think you should get the dress, if it makes you happy then you should have it!

Aggie and Stacy Woooo for the loss sticking! So pleased for you :D

Jo great news on the whoosh, good luck for the weekend.

Rachael I couldn't put what Berry and Josay any better, but totally agree with their wise words!

Well I weighed myself last night, and I was up 2lb from the morning like i'd expected, but weighed again this morning and I was down 3lb! I know my weight can fluctuate massively during the day so trying to get round to thinking about it logically and learning how my body works more.

Another company in the building had a charity bake sale today, NOOOOO!! It's for charity, it's practically law to buy cakes. I bought 3 tiny little ones, which I've worked out are about 375 calories total, so I'm going to try and workout extra hard tomorrow morning to burn them off! I'm only going to let this be a little slip not a catalyst to binge for the weekend.

stacygee
05-26-2011, 10:59 AM
K9: So is your whole trip cancelled?

K9Owner
05-26-2011, 11:02 AM
K9: So is your whole trip cancelled?

Yep, and trying to find a hotel, cabin, condo--anything really today is probably NOT going to happen, since it's Memorial Day weekend! :mad:

Vixsin
05-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Wednesday: 05/25
Breakfast: 1 small banana, 1 sausage link
Snack: 1/4 cup Trail Mix
Lunch: Cup meat Spagetti sauce (left overs)
Dinner: 1 Serving Broccoli Casserole
Snack: Popsicle
Total Calories: 1038

Rachel, I am concerned about your calorie intake. I have read in many, many , many places that we gals should never dip below 1200 calories. It becomes very easy for our bodies to go into starvation mode. I feel that you need to up your calories ESPECIALLY if you're going to do P90X. You are going to be stressing out your muscles BIG time and they will need the proper foods to heal.

The girls are right. If you're going to commit to a regimen like P90X, the weight loss will stall at times. You will be working your muscles so hard that they will really hold onto some water. The whooshes will come as long as youre eating properly, but leaning out your muscles and toning is a very different animal than exercising to lose weight.

Just my thoughts. Best of luck to you!! :hug:

Vixsin
05-26-2011, 11:39 AM
I am up another pound to 193.2 today. Pardon me whilst I roll my eyes...

I just have to say that THANK GOD I weigh daily and have my spreadsheet. I have been all OVER that thing these last few days and sure enough the gains started this time last month too.

Had a great 20 minute run last night. I am also SUPER sore and still exhausted. I still haven't had a good night's sleep this week. All factors for the number on the scale.

I am on plan. I know my whooshes are coming. I will not falter from my plan.

tanstaafl
05-26-2011, 12:20 PM
but steadily, albeit up and down. This morning I was 128.4 lbs. That's good.

iamerican
05-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Good morning! Guess what I did this morning... worked out! Feeling good on Day 4 of life changes! I just did 30 min, but it is nice to have something done especially since tonight is a best friends 21st birthday so, drinks will be incorporated.

themilesawaygirl: I know my hardest thing is to not binge after a slip-up, but just think of the results you will get! Go at them!

stacygee: So glad that stuck for you! Nice job!

mamakat
05-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Diana3271I think I would have flipped out at the waiter had he "joked" about my allergies. Had he been my waiter and joked about getting me a broccoli shake I would have said make sure to have an epi on the side. Then I would have laid it on thick on how not funny it is when body parts starts swelling like...um, tongue, throat and breathing passages. Sometimes people just need to be educated especially when they're young. They are now in a service that in truth can hold the balance of people's lives in their hands. It sounds dramatic, but think of peanut allergies. This is nothing to "sneeze" about.
As for what it is that affects my daughter in particular I just don't know. She can and does eat mustard and mayo although she doesn't like either. I am a walking allergy but not with food so I assume she gets this from me. During the spring/summer season she is a mess.
I hope the best for you especially because you mentioned you eat out a lot because of work. Be careful and vigilant. You shouldn't feel awkward explaining things that would save your life. A lot of restaurants/managers and waiters are getting more educated due to all the allergies...wheat/gluten. Their job is to serve you and nothing more. They're not comics and if they don't like their jobs then they need to get another one.
Ok enough rant, now go get that dress!

mamakat
05-26-2011, 02:12 PM
My husband joined my daughter and I for our boardwalk walk yesterday. That was nice. I won't be able to walk today because I have to go on child errands after school before going to tonight's strings concert.
iamaricanbaby steps are great. Sometimes all we can do is watch what we eat. Then we can incorporate exercise. Don't forget water, some of us (me) has to learn how to drink more water. It doesn't have to be started or done all at once. Give yourself time and stay positive. You are doing great.

DTerminedOne1219
05-26-2011, 02:25 PM
once again i have been MIA for a bit. Just have a lot going on right now. But i have a close friend that i wasnt aware is trying to go through the same weight loss journey as me, so while im kind of in and out, she's helping me along the way. Once things are more stable for me i'll be on here a lot more.

That being said i have a question for you all. I am thinking about starting to use a protein powder. Now that the weather is getting hotter, i switch from regular (hot) coffee to iced coffee. But the iced coffee i use is a powder and it needs milk. I am lactose intolerant so i usually use Lactaid Milk but i've honestly never checked out the ingredients. Also, i dont go to work until 12:30 and im not a big breakfast person. I find that i tend to only eat maybe a peice of fruit or something before i eventually eat lunch at 3pm.

So i was thinking, if im going to have my iced coffee in the morning, why not put it to use. I was thinking about using the iced coffee powder packets with the protein powder to make a kind of coffee protein shake.

But, i've never bought it before so i dont know what to look for. Should i be worried about finding a fat free, low cal, low carb one? or are they okay for me because they're in a protein powder? I know i dont like soy milk, but do the soy powders taste like it as well? And, if Lactaid milk is not the best option, does anyone have any other suggestions?

I appreciate the feedback!

shishkeberry
05-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Ok my allergies are going crazy today so I'm not going for a walk. I know I'll just be sneezing the whole time. Any ideas for some easy exercises I can do inside instead? I don't have any equipment or dvds.

aggie2006
05-26-2011, 05:40 PM
staceygee~ years ago old navy ran small, and all the tops felt too short. maybe 2-3yrs ago they stepped up their game and i was happy with them. this yr, seems like they got bigger and the material cheaper? or maybe just light for the summer, the tops all seem thin. and they got a little pricier. but i bought everything on sale so it wasn't too bad.

iamerican~ hi! day 4, you made it throught the worst, day 1-3. i find thats the worst craving days!

jenfett
05-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Just a quick drive by...never enough time in the day but just had to jot down the day :) breakfast was a quick 3 slices of turkey and a slice of cheese (running out the door late for work) got to work and hit the ground running so didn't have time for morning snack went to the gym and had an awesome 25 minutes on the elliptical then had a PB&J and gatoraid and water of course and well my work out was more intense that I had food for so I had to have a snack, thankfully the kitchen is stocked with snack food and so I had a nature valley almond bar..super yummy, and then for dinner had two chicken legs, half cup mac-n-cheese and brussel sprouts (leftovers) Once I get paid next week I will be able to buy more veggies and fruits. Then after dinner found an awesome workout video on OnDemand from the "walk at home" series and man I wish I had found these videos sooner!! THey are awesome!!! If you are looking for a great 20 to 40 minute workout that is relatively low impact but very good workout I recommend that series :)

Night everyone!

berryblondeboys
05-26-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm sooooo exhausted and I'm not even the one up their climbing the ladders fixing teh gutters. I did so much running around today and was on my feet much of it. That counts as exercise, right? Phew!

Tomorrow is going to be a mad rush day. I need to clean, clean, clean and plant a couple things and shop for the potluck picnic on Saturday. I planned to shop this evening but the workers were here until 9 pm!

Larry H
05-26-2011, 11:50 PM
It was a Great!! day for me. I stayed on plan with 1328 calories and 1946 mg sodium.

The scale blessed me with another 2 pound loss!! Now at 235!! Yea!! :D:carrot::D

Five pounds to go to the half way mark!!:D

3/4 mile walk today despite 94 degree temperature and a very bright Sun. :sunny:

No time for personals, but Hi every one. :wave:

Larry,

Emme
05-26-2011, 11:55 PM
It was a Great!! day for me. I stayed on plan with 1328 calories and 1946 mg sodium.

The scale blessed me with another 2 pound loss!! Now at 235!! Yea!! :D:carrot::D

Five pounds to go to the half way mark!!:D

3/4 mile walk today despite 94 degree temperature and a very bright Sun. :sunny:

No time for personals, but Hi every one. :wave:

Larry,

Larry, I just had to say that the work you have done since January is nothing short of amazing ~ what an accomplishment, and I'm sure you are a great motivation to others! :)

Diana3271
05-27-2011, 12:05 AM
Hi Everyone! :wave: We actually left the shop early today. We had dropped off my car to be detailed earlier in the day. We had to go pick it up and do some last minute things. Traffic was so bad. I guess everyone is taking off early. Everyone was out and about! It was like quitting time on Friday!

Thanks for the support about the dress that I tried on last night. I took DH to the Target to look at the dress. I told him that if it wasn't a 10 on a scale of 1-10, that I didn't want to buy it. I picked it out off the rack. He immediately said "that's pretty". I went to try it on and came out. He shook his head :yes: and said "that's a 20". :D I will wear it to dinner this weekend. I am so glad that I bought it now. It makes me feel pretty and feminine. I work in a mostly male industry and wear jeans, sneakers, and t-shirts all the time so I don't wear nice clothes like that.

Total Approx 1440 calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Mixed Grill (tuna, mahi, scallops) 500 calories
Steamed squash 100 calories
green beans 100 calories

Exercise:
Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body (Extreme Weight Loss Workout) mostly #5 & #8 on the upper body, iso moves I used #3, I am hoping to work my way up to using all #5 and #8, no #3's

I have done this workout 3 times now and really like it. It's cardio and weights. If you want a tough workout you may want to look at this one. I think I already mentioned this, but I bought it from Sam's for around $9. I think it was a great buy.

iamerican
05-27-2011, 01:47 AM
Larry H! Awesome job! That is awesome1

aggie2006
05-27-2011, 04:18 AM
Larry!!!!!! Loving the new avatar photo! you look great!!:bravo::dancer::wizard:

berryblondeboys
05-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Larry Your face has slimmed down a LOT as I'm sure so has the rest of your body. And boy? Are you trying to beat me to onederland? :-)

Diana3271 So glad you bought the dress and glad that DH thought it was a 20 out of 10. Have a great time on your vacation and with feeling girly!

jomatho
05-27-2011, 08:09 AM
Stopping in for a quick update. Yesterday was a challenge to keep my calories on the lower end of my range because I had the hungries yesterday. I did pretty well though, ended at 1350. Not the 1200 I was shooting for, but in the old days that probably would have been 3350! Scale is up a little, but still at 189, so I am still pleased with that.
I love my days off exercise for rest purposes, but it seems like I have a harder time with eating on those days. Anyone else find this?
Today's plan is to run 5 miles, I have 20 to go to hit my May goal and 5 days to do it in. I will run 5 miles the next 3 days, rest a day, and run 5 miles the last day. I also need to drink my water, getting better, but still need work.
I will have my regular breakfast, protien shake before baseball and a salad when I get home. Boys will have bbq pulled pork sandwiches, but I think I will stay away from those, if I do have one, it will be very small on a sandwich thin.
Everyone have a great, on plan Friday!

K9Owner
05-27-2011, 08:23 AM
:bravo: Larry!!! WTG

Very quick ck in for me before I leave for the wknd. I started this week off very bad, even saw 156 on Tuesday—thx to the :jeno:
But, after the 3 day detox from processed carbs, I am ecstatic to announce a 0.8 lb drop from last Friday!! :carrot:

Hope everyone has a very fun wknd!

Diana3271
05-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Good Morning! :wave: TGIF! :yay: I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and stay safe during the Memorial Holiday! I will be heading out of town in a little while. Hopefully I can stick to my moderation plan. Wish me luck! I am looking forward to my trip, but I will miss you all. :hug: I have missed doing personals the last week. Hopefully things will slow down a bit when I get back. Thank you for all the support you have given me. I appreciate it more than you know. :hug: Sending cyber hugs and love to all of you! :grouphug:

Weigh In: 143.8
Down: .2
Crazy stuff, huh? I didn't think I would keep losing. I think TTOM is suppose to start in the next week or so, too. We'll see how it goes.

RachaelJ
05-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Thursday 05/26
Breakfast: Boiled egg, 1/2 a grapefruit 158 calories
Lunch: BLT salad 250 calories, 1/2 slice carrot cake 200 calories
Dinner: Panera Bread 1/2 Tuna Salad Sammy and Chicken noodle soup 340 calories
Excercise: P90x Cardio burned about 300 calories
Water: 120ounces

Weigh in yesterday: 156 down two pounds from Monday

So despite my huff and puff, I've lost 2 more pounds. I weighed in earlier than I typically do. I have taken everyone's advice here to stick with it and not to get down on everything. I'll meet my goal. Being healthy is still the priority.

Something I did notice while eating the carrot cake, I'm starting to think things are too sweet. Before this journey I craved more sugar but now I prefer less. Even Crystal light is a little too sweet. I figure that's because of the water and not having candy for 3 weeks.

berryblondeboys
05-27-2011, 10:24 AM
While I love having guests and parties, I'm a bit overwhelmed at how much I have to do to get ready for this. We are expecting a total of 29-31 people tomorrow and we're providing the drinks and meat dish. Which means I need to go buy all that food. Plus, my house is a huge dust bunny, so I need to vacuum everything and dust and of course, the bathrooms need to be cleaned. Then there's the setting up the day of with outdoor seating (which all needs to be cleaned) and so on.

I only had 5 hours of sleep last night (my husband kept me up late and then had to be up by 5:30 this morning to get my older son ready to play for the high school graduation which was at 8 am). Add in that it's HOT and the AC doesn't work effectively upstairs because teh downstairs stays relatively cool because it has great shade cover. There's a 5-8 degree difference between levels of the house. Ugh!!!!

Only good thing about it all is that I'll burn a ton of calories!, right?

Scale is moving in the right direction, but it seems like last month, it's taking several days to get this ovulation weight off my body. I just want to get to the single digits again... no more of this 210s stuff.

shishkeberry
05-27-2011, 10:55 AM
OMG, I hit my first mini goal! I'm down ten lbs today!

jomatho
05-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Shiskeberry, congrats on your first mini goal!:carrot:

Berry, I get the same way before company! Somehow, it all gets done though. You will be back under 210 any day! :hug:

Rachel, :yay: for the 2 pounds since Monday! My sense of sweet is in overdrive now too. I think that is a good thing though.

Diana32, not sure if you will see this, but have a great time on your trip!!!

K9, :yay: for the -0.8!!! Way to get past your splurge and pull out a good week!

Larry, :yay: for 235. Love your new avatar, what a difference in your face alone! Does it feel strange when you wash your face? Mine feels thin to me, but looks normal in the mirror.

Jenfett, you are rockin those workouts and working your eating plan too!

DTermined, no advice for you on the protien powder, maybe do a search or post a question on a general thread. I am currently using up some pea powder that I bought a while back that is Nasty! Wouldn't recommend it, but it is so expensive, I am trying to use it up. I think a good quality whey is the "whey" to go. Ha ha!

Mamakat, you are doing great and sound so upbeat and motivated!

iamerican, :yay: for working out. I feel my best on the days I workout. Just keep adding in healthy habits like that one at a time, you will get there. That is what I did. I started working out in Dec., by mid Jan I was counting calories, and I just keep tweaking things as I go.

Vixsin, way to go with the running, and yes, your whooshes are coming!

Milesawaygirl, I fluctuate about 3 pounds between bedtime and morning too. Crazy isn't it?

Hi Stacy, Still, all the old regulars and everyone MIA right now :wave:

Vixsin
05-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Stayed the same today. 193.2 I was happy not to see a gain. LOL I managed to get some sleep last night so that is a victory as well. No exercise for me yesterday. I am planning on a run today and also another solid night's sleep. I have a very busy day tomorrow and I want to be ready for it.

Despite what a rough month this has been in my offline life, there are positive things going on around me. I am on plan and I am going to stay that way. My whooshes are coming.

still
05-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi everyone!

Larry- Holy cannelloni, love your new avatar pic! You have been working so hard, and it shows. I think you must be the healthiest heart patient ever.

Diana3271- I'm glad you got the awesome dress! Will you take a pic so we can see?

K9- how do you feel after your detox?

Jo- I always feel snackier on days I don't work out. Something about working out sends my body into a total health mode and I don't even want all the extra food. No idea why.

RachaelJ- congrats on the two pound loss!

Melissa- you are one busy lady! My fingers are crossed for you that your body starts behaving itself and dropping the weight. onederland is so close!

I'm on my lunch break and have to be heading back, so I'll be back later for more personals.

I'm officially down to 169! I saw 166 once in the past few days but I think I was REALLY dehydrated, so that doesn't count.

Had my first candy binge in a long time last night. I was doing so well, within calories, and something in me snapped and I craved reeses peanut butter mini cups. So I had a handful. Put me a couple hundred calories over (I ended at about 1800 cal for the day) but I'm just going to count that as my high calorie day this week and try to behave myself this weekend. :) The most I'm looking for this weekend is to maintain my weight (170 or below) as we are going out of town this weekend and you guys know what that can do to the plan.

Hope you are all having a great, on plan day!

GainingWeightInLa
05-27-2011, 06:11 PM
WOW have I been busy!! We had a cookout at work today......grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, banana pudding, strawberry shortcake, chips, dip.......I had a salad with fat free dressing and croutons and bacon bits, about 1/2-3/4 Cup of potato salad (made with LIGHT miracle whip dressing), 2 chips with a little cheese dip on them and 2 Cups of banana pudding (made with sugar free/fat free pudding, bananas, reduced fat vanilla wafers and fat free whipped cream). I haven't figured the calories on all of that, but really....how many can it be? That is ALL I've had to eat today. I am amazingly impressed with myself! It CAN be done!! lol I just had to come share! Hope to BBL this evening!! :) :) :)

jenfett
05-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Hi Everybody HAPPY FRIDAY!

Larry H your weight loss is so awesome!! I could only hope that I can do that well! Keep up the great work you must feel amazing!!

Way to go Shishkaberry setting mini goals seems to make the journey go so much easier. 10 pounds is way less daunting than 50 pounds. Keep it going :)

Congrats Nikki! I love how you didn't fret over the splurge on the peanut butter cups. Sometimes you just have to give in to a craving to make it go away and you didn't let it derail your plan :)

Melissa you are indeed a busy lady :) I am sure all that running definitely is burning some calories. Do you wear a pedometer to count how many steps you are actually taking in a day? Someone told me today I should start wearing one and was thinking about wearing one on Tuesday to see how much walking around the office I do.

Vixsin I hope you are able to get a good nights sleep to help power you through your busy day tomorrow :)

Jomatho love your positive attitude about your calories and your progress.

Great job on resisting the temptations at the company BBQ today! And it sound like you still had a very yummy lunch even while being good :)

As for me, I had my oatmeal and raisins for breakfast, PB&J for lunch and 2 and a half cups of cheefy mac (mac n cheese with ground beef) and I had an awesome workout at the gym today. I have worked out very hard all week and been very good. I weighed this morning and though it is not official until I weigh in tomorrow I was at 270!! 10lbs down in the first two weeks! I am loving it and hope it keeps on dropping :) SO I decided because I am super tired tonight I made a deal with the kiddo to not workout again tonight but I promised we would stay very busy this weekend and get in lots of exercise outside this weekend and she was ok with that. She is like my little mini coach :) Right now I have my feet up and not going to lie it feels so flippin nice LOL

To everyone else way to make it through another week and hope everyone has a great weekend!

mamakat
05-27-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm am so beat. I bought a new cane today (with cushion handle) and broke it in with my 4th boardwalk this week. Then I came home and mowed the lawn. I hope I'll be able to move tomorrow. I've been fighting a migraine all day and it looks like it's going to win.
So real short, congrats for those who lost this week/today. I wish I were with you ::): For those who stayed still, I say congrats to you too. For those of you who have will power, I envy you and am inspired by you. For those of you traveling this weekend, be careful and have a wonderful time. All you party people enjoy. I don't think I missed anyone in all that. I hope all of you have a wonderful and safe weekend.

iamerican
05-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Diana3271- So happy you bought the dress!!! It sounds perfect!

shishkeberry, RachelJ, and anyone else down this week: NICE JOB! That is awesome.

jenfett- awesome job on working out hard!

I hope everyone has a great long weekend! Hopefully we can keep our food and exercise in track! I am off to TN tomorrow, so it will be a challenge, but I am ready for it! Today, I just did the 30 day shred video, but I got the living room clean! Glad to just get some exercise in. Eating was good today, probably a little low in calories though. I am watching Precious right now. First time I have seen it. Its definately intense.

Larry H
05-28-2011, 12:33 AM
1092 calories today. A bit low but I am not eating more at 11:30 PM. My Sodium which for any newcomers I am tracking due to recovery from heart surgery was 1908 mg. This is within my 2000 mg limit.:carrot:

My weight is constant at 235 and I suspect based on my historical pattern for loss it will be stable for a few days and then will drop. Now that I know this pattern it is much easier to be patient for a few days while the scale is not moving.:D

No chance to exercise today.

Hi to all.

Larry

txladymedic
05-28-2011, 01:16 AM
My weigh in this week was 170.4...down 2 lbs from last week.
Today was a bit of an off day as I ate things I dont' normally eat but ate them in moderation ...the only thing is I did eat later than usual which sometimes will effect my weight the next day.

berryblondeboys
05-28-2011, 09:27 AM
No time for more, but I'm back down to my low of 209.0. So long 210s!

jomatho
05-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Down to a new low this morning! 187.8, which means I am 0.2 away from being halfway to my goal. My goal is flexible, but having something to shoot for is good for me and knowing I am at least halfway is encouraging! :carrot:
Yesterday, got my 5 miles in and finished at 1400 calories. Really wanted a second pulled pork sandwhich on sandwich thin (yes I did have one), but I asked myself if it feels better to eat that second sandwhich, or feels better to put on my jeans and find they are getting a little too loose (that happened yesterday). I chose the loose jeans. So to see the scale a little lower this morning was very rewarding!
Today I plan to run another 5 miles (only 15 to reach my lofty goal this month). Breakfast and lunch are same, dinner is still up in the air. Possibly homemade veggie pizza with whole wheat crust? The crust I make is supposed to be refridgerated for a day to increase its antioxidants though, so that may have to be the next day or so. We will probably barbeque one of these days, possibly having company tomorrow, so I have to figure these meals out. Planning ahead works so much better for me. Just like last night, knowing I would have room for ONE sandwich if it sounded good. Knowing that TWO wasn't in the plan. If I know what I am having ahead of time, I find myself working it out in my head, sort of preparing myself. Works for me. Course, maybe I think about food too much? Not sure I would be that way if I didn't have kids though. Feel like I have to have a meal for the family and know what I can eat of it.
Well, I am rambling, hope everyone had a great day yesterday and works hard for another great day today!

Larry, some days I find myself low in calories and find it is too late at night to eat more too. As long as it doesn't happen all the time, I think it is fine. Usually I have the opposite problem, I have too few calories to get me through dinner :lol:

Berry, :yay: for being back to your low! Hope your party is a smashing success! Have fun!

TXlady, way to go dropping 2# this week, moderation is key! You can still have some favorites once in a while! I eat too late many days due to kids activities. Just do what you can do.

iamerican, great job sticking with the exercising. You will never regret that!

Mamakat, hope that migraine doesn't stick around too long!

Jenfett, 10# is awesome! :yay: for you! I love that you have a personal trainer!!! Stick to your promises!

DianaLa, way to go at that cookout! One good decision after another, they all add up to significant results!

Still :yay: for the 160's!!!!!

Vixsin, :wave: Hi!

Stacy, where are you? Did you say you were going out of town and I missed it? Or are you just busy like everyone else? Probably being a gym rat again!

Gwen
05-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I saw 191 flash on the scale - just flash and then dissapeared - but it gives me hope that I'll bust through 190 soon.

Joined The Rush... they have such great equipment. Worked out 40 minutes on the treadmill - HIIT with running, walking - working my way up to 60 minutes. Then hiit on arms/chest/back. I can see a difference, but the scale doesn't want to show it.

Today we're off to play sand volleyball and ride bikes. Great weekend of exercise planned! Calories keep hitting 1500 - I have a constant struggle to eat less... but I'm wearing smaller clothes and feeling so strong.

Berry & Jo - YAY for the lows!

Larry - love the new avatar - you look great!

Hi everyone! :wave: gotta go play now!

Vixsin
05-28-2011, 04:19 PM
A little whoosh for me today. :yay:

Down 1.4 to 191.8. That was nice to see. Just finished moving my workspace around and into a new area. OMG! LOVE IT! My new command center is amazing!!!!!

Thinking about you all! Hope everyone has a wonderfully on plan weekend!!!

themilesawaygirl
05-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Just a quick check in today, as have people over tomorrow and need to tidy up our tiny flat so we can fit the guests in!.

Have had a couple of extra bits lately, drinks last night and some ice cream, but have been sticking to really healthy meals. I also ran 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday, for the first time ever! It felt so good to complete that.

Hope everyone away for the weekend has a great time away and good luck to all for staying on plan.

Larry H
05-28-2011, 08:55 PM
I was on plan day today. 1092 calories so far and will have a healthy snack this evening. My sodium is 1908 mg which is also on plan. :D:carrot::D

My weight is holding steady at 235.

This thread sure has been quiet with so many regulars away for the weekend. Could get lonesome??

Emme - Thanks so much for the kind words of encouragement!! :D

Diana3271 - Hope you are having a great Memorial Day vacation.:carrot:

iamerican - Also Thanks so much for the kind words of encouragement!! :D

aggie2006 - My latest avatar picture is actually several weeks old. I am 20 pounds lighter than this photo. I need to take another one and post it.

Melissa - You are doing so great and you are so close to onederland. You will be there long before I arrive.!! Way to go being back to 209!! :carrot:

K9Owner - Congrats on the .8 drop!!. :carrot:

RachaelJ - Two more pounds is Awsome!! Way to Go!! :D:carrot::D

shishkeberry - Bravo on the 10 pound mini goal!! :bravo:

jomatho - My face does feel different, I can start to feel cheek and chin bones! Been a long time since I felt them. Congrats on your new low!! :carrot::carrot:

Vixsin - Congrats for staying on plan!! and the 1.4 drop!! :carrot:

Nikki - Hope you have a great weekend trip out of town. :D

Diana in La - Great food choices!! Yes, It CAN be done!! :bravo:

jenfett - Way to go on 10 pounds in two weeks!! :congrat:

mamakat - My DW gets daily migraines. Hope your migraine is better now. :hug:

txladymedic - Congrats on the 2 pund loss!! :bravo:

Gwen - You will be out of the 190's before you know it!! Congrats on your awesome progress!! :congrat:

themilesawaygirl - Congrats on the 4 miles on the treadmill !! :congrat:

Larry,

mamakat
05-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Wow what a day! I finished up this week with a trail walk. Both my kids came along. It was fun. My son (15) hates anything that isn't a video game, but I heard him laughing. We saw so many toads and a trail of horses. I'm so glad I have my new cane because the trail was hard to get through without it.
Larrydefinitely post a new pic you are doing so wonderfully, such an inspiration. I get migraines every now and again, some worse than others. I'm not supposed to be in the sun for longer than 30mins and all this boardwalking was probably what triggered it. It's gone now and I'm thankful. I feel great this week so I definitely don't want to stop.
Hopefully next week I can say I've lost weight as it is, I gained 2lbs, but I'm not discouraged. I know I'm not fully back to health which means I can gain weight for no reason. Once I'm back to full health all this walking with help in the whooshing (or so I hope). Have a great weekend everyone.

berryblondeboys
05-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Heading off to bed, but had a fantastic potluck picnic. 33 people total - such a good time and the weather was perfect. I'm going to bed a happy woman. I ate more than I usually eat, but nothing to be super ashamed of - life happens and having a day every couple months is going to happen. Before the party I consumed 360 calories. At dinner, probably another 700-800 with real food. But then I had 2 helpings of strawberry trifle and fresh blueberry pie which was probably another 1500 calories. Of course, I burned a lot of calories today too, but it was an indulgence, but no regrets and back to plan tomorrow!

JenniD44
05-29-2011, 01:17 AM
Hi everyone. I've never posted here and am fairly new to the forum. I've been reading and it's motivating to read everyone's successes.

I've done pretty good with my weight loss so far, but for some reason this week hasn't been as good. I'll just have to keep plugging along.

We went to a party tonight and I think I did okay. I told myself I was going to indulge in a yummy desert, but nothing was something I had to have, so I skipped it. I'd rather waste calories on something I know is a favorite.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day.

aggie2006
05-29-2011, 07:27 AM
morning everyone, heres hoping for a good day.
were going to a friends barbeque, thankfully the hostess is very thin and health conscious! so im sure there will be some healthy options. hope i can keep away from temptation....

jomatho
05-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Not much to report here, weight steady, although up a smidge, nothing to whine about. Got my 5 miles in. One more day today of 5 miles then I take a rest day tomorrow and finish up on Tuesday. Didn't log my food from yesterday, but in my head I think I was coming in just above 1500. I was hungry yesterday. Had to take DS for an x-ray of his foot in the morning (took a foul ball off the top of it and it was still bothering him after a week). That messed my routine up, ate breakfast while waiting for x-ray results, then had to wait to workout because I had just ate, then worked out at about 2:30 and was hungry the whole day after. Not sure why because when I work out in the morning, then eat breakfast I am not hungry until at least dinner. Oh well, I made it through, oh and there is no fracture, thank goodness. It would be a long boring summer with a broken foot!
This thread is so quiet, I am with Larry, I am getting a little lonely. We must be the only ones that are taking it easy at home this weekend.
JenniD, :welcome: Great job skipping that dessert, and yes, plugging away is what you have to do.

shishkeberry
05-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Cook out with my inlaws today... I'm going to try not to go nuts. Up a little bit this morning, but that's ok. Overall, I lost this week so I'm happy. I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)

Gwen
05-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Volleyball was SOOO much fun! Walt has been playing since last summer with them, but I just wasn't in shape enough to join. Yesterday I was hitting balls, jumping and running around in the sand, nailed 5 serves in a row (yay me!) and we almost beat the college kids for our final game! Everyone else pooped out so we 3 old people played a final game against 2 young volleyball team members -- Not too shabby. We skipped the bike riding yesterday, but have that on the menu for today - along with a trip to the Rush. :exercise:

mamakat - Migraines are horrid. I took Topomax for a year and didn't have a migraine that entire year. Now, three years later I get them very infrequently, and they are much weaker.

jenniD - :welcome2: YAY for skipping dessert! You're right, just keep plugging away and don't give up - it WILL catch up! I've been "stuck" for weeks on the scale but I'm seeing amazing gains in strength and balance. (And my clothes are starting to fall off me.)

milesawaygirl - AWESOME RUN -:running: 4 miles is fantastic!

berryblondeboys
05-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Happy to report - no upward movement on the scale today. Yesterday was my first "indulgent" day so far and it wasn't so bad. Back to normal yes indeedy.

RachaelJ
05-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Friday 5/27
Breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit, 1 turkey sausage link
Lunch: Fried Chicken Wings & Fries
Dinner: None (So full from indulgence at lunch)
Excercise: p90x kempo
Water: 100 ounces

Saturday:
Breakfast: 1 1/2 cup Frosted Flakes w/Skim milk 1 turkey sausage link
Lunch: Banana, slice of ham lunch meet with cheese
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Salad with Vinigrette Dressing
Snack: mini blue berry muffin (2), Popsicle
Excercise: Wii Just Dance 45 minutes

I hate weekends because usually I get a little off track. I don't have to work tomorrow because of the holiday and I'm only working Tuesday and Wednesday of this week as I'll be traveling back to Michigan for a family affair. I'll be there 5 days. I have to re-work by workout plan and eating for next week so I'm not looking forward to it.

berryblondeboys
05-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Boy is my life turned upside down. Not only did I not report back here frequently. I didn't post a blog post for teh first time in 5 months! But, I'm remedying one situation now by posting here and then I'll post on the blog.

shishkeberry
05-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Not sure how I did today because I was at a cook out. I only had an apple for breakfast and nothing for lunch because I was busy. But at the cook out I had one hamburger with mustard, lettuce, tomato and onion, two deviled eggs, one small scoop of cole slaw, one small scoop of home made baked beans, a handful of chips, half a brownie (I split one with my SIL lol) and a small cup of peach tea. After that I had water. So I couldn't count my calories, but I made sure to eat small portions and I didn't go back for seconds.

Vixsin
05-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Down .2 to 191.6. Went to a cookout today and was very pleased with my choices. I had a couple of grilled chicken wings, 2 small pork ribs, a pc of kielbasa, a sm handful of chips and a HUGE helping of tossed salad with lite italian dressing. I even had some dessert today too! I went ahead and had a very small taste of 3 things that were there. It was SO GOOD!!!! I never have dessert at cookouts and stuff and today I decided tht I wanted it so it was wonderfully delicious. No workout tonight. I'm tired from all of my efforts yesterday. I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep.

Catch you kids in the AM!!!

Larry H
05-30-2011, 01:29 AM
Progress Photos

The photo with the white shirt is my highest weight.

The photo with the blue shirt was taken 3 1/2 weeks ago

The photo with the yellow shirt was taken today 5/29/2011

Larry,

aggie2006
05-30-2011, 04:05 AM
larry! you look so much smaller/happier! very handsome! awesome job!!

berryblondeboys
05-30-2011, 09:14 AM
Looking great Larry!!!! Even the 3 weeks ago weight is a difference!

For me - down a pound today. Inching closer!

K9Owner
05-30-2011, 11:08 AM
:wave: Hi Everyone,
Seriously, I have been so busy this weekend, it was hard to miss much of my normal life!
We decided at the extreme last minute to go camping at Pickwick in Iuka. MS on the TN River—in a tent! My parents have a pontoon boat and it was a perfect alternative to canoeing. We had so much fun and they are still there this a.m. w/DH. Today is my chosen “non-holiday” holiday’s to work. I usually work Father’s Day, but when I made my schedule out, we hadn’t planned anything. It’s ok though. I came in this morning about 0800 CST, not terrible. I’ll sleep all day with River :) I’m exhausted! Lots of :sunny: so I’m a happi gyal!
Food this weekend was RIDICULOUS! I didn’t binge—not even on Merlot, but that was the only positive thing.
Since I knew this weekend was going to be bad for my diet, I had a TREAT I have been avoiding for a month—an orange cream slush from Sonic!! It was WELL WORTH the wait!!! I drank it as slow as possible. :drool: I didn’t count calories all wknd, but I’m sure it was over my 1500 allotment.
TOM came early, so no doubt I will see a gain on Friday. I’m not stressing about it though. Today, I am back on my “detoxing from processed” carbs plan. This time, I am going to try to do 2 weeks straight—1 for sure. There are so many yummi things to eat when you detox from processed carbs.
Funny craving I had all weekend—Low Fat Cottage Cheese with
mock strawberry jam (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/miscellaneous-phase-1/136337-phase-1-strawberry-jam-pictures.html) I made Thursday night!! :rofl: I came home and had this for breakfast!! It was so wonderful!!
Have a great OP day and HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY to all of you!

Jomo
05-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi everyone,

I am just brand new here and am looking forwards to participating in the forum!

I finally got on a scale after more than a year!

172! I really feel ready to drop the weight!

I'm so impressed with how all of you are doing! I know I've turned to the right place!

shishkeberry
05-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Welcome, Jomo!

I'm down to 277.8 today! I'm so mad at myself for not doing this sooner... But better late than never, right?

Jomo
05-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Welcome, Jomo!

I'm down to 277.8 today! I'm so mad at myself for not doing this sooner... But better late than never, right?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

It looks you are really doing a great job! :D

aggie2006
05-30-2011, 02:59 PM
welcome Jomo! and good luck on your weight loss journey...

L R K
05-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Helllooooooooooooooooooooooooo Ladies and Larry!!! :wave:

Boy have I been MIA... I can't even remember when I last checked in, crazy.

Anyways, I have been feeling like a total failure and haven't had any real motivation to get back on track... with anything really. I haven't been doing too badly, still eating pretty well and exercising but neither of these things at a committed and motivated level. Just... plugging along and making no real progress.

This week I have made a promise to myself that I am going to do get back up on that weight-loss horse starting today.

I am starting a learn-to-run program tonight (which I am actually looking forward too) and vow to get my diet back in order. The only change I am really making to my plan this time around is i'm not going to weigh daily. I am going to weigh once a month and judge my success on other things like how well my clothes are fitting etc etc There is one piece of clothing in particular, a beautiful Jones New York dress that I wore to my sisters wedding a couple of years ago, one thing that would make me really happy would be fitting into that dress.

My first weigh-in will be June 30, 2011.

So you should see me around more often, i'll ty and check in daily.

Oh and here is my plan for the day Mon 5/30/2011

B - 1 whole wheat bun w/ natural PB & blueberry jam + 1 choc.vanilla soy pudding + 1 cup strawberries

L - Homemade samosa stuffed baked-potato (just one half) + 1 cup raw broccoli w/ hummus

S - 1 banana

D - Homemade individual veggie pot-pies + spinach salad w/ tomatoes, cucumbers & balsamic dressing

Drinking: 1 pepsi + at least 2L water

Exercise: 30mins learn-to-run program + 30mins core-strengthening exercises

Ciao :wave:

veronica65
05-30-2011, 04:24 PM
hello everyone, i'm trying to dust myself off and get back into a healthier lifestyle again. today is day one. i've logged ALL food etc into food log,i've walked on my treadmill for 3 miles w/ 10 lb weight belt. and on here getting some support ;)

Larry H
05-30-2011, 04:47 PM
aggie2006 - Thanks for the kind encouraging words!!:hug: Now my FEZ no longer fits due to my swelled head :rofl:

Melissa - Congrats on another pound!! :congrat: Way to go!! I am cheering for you!! :carrot:

Krystal - Sounds like a great weekend!! :D :sunny: :D You deserve it!!

Jomo - Welcome!! :wave: This is a very supportive and friendly group!!

shishkeberry - Congrats on getting to 277.8!! :congrat: It is never too late as long as you are still breathing!!

LaurenA - Welcome home!! :cb: We missed you. You have the right attitude when you fall off the horse, get back on.

veronica65 - Welcome and nice to meet you. :wave: You are making great choices!! :carrot:

Larry

L R K
05-30-2011, 05:18 PM
LaurenA - Welcome home!! :cb: We missed you. You have the right attitude when you fall off the horse, get back on.

I've always loved horse riding..... even after falls..... :D

L R K
05-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Veronica - Hi and Welcome to the thread :welcome2:

aggie2006
05-30-2011, 05:55 PM
larry~ really no lie, you've lost years off your face!

L R K
05-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Oh and Larry those are amazing... a real transformation! Great job! :cp:

iamerican
05-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Hey guys, Missing the thread! I am in TN and have no internet access. Jumped on my cousins PC to say HI! HOpe everyone is doing well. I am struggling and can't wait to get back so I can control my meals more. Hoping to not gain while I am here. Happy Memorial DAY!

littlebumblebee
05-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi everyone

I have been struggling with my diet. I want to stay on track for the entire month of June 2011.

I am tired of telling myself, I will start tomorrow.
I have decided, that I will start now, and stay on track the entire month of June.

Larry H
05-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Hi everyone

I have been struggling with my diet. I want to stay on track for the entire month of June 2011.

I am tired of telling myself, I will start tomorrow.
I have decided, that I will start now, and stay on track the entire month of June.

Good plan, For me tommorrow never came, it was always today!!

Larry,

Diana3271
05-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I'm back and had a wonderful mini vacation. I swam every day for my exercise. Of course I had some really good food. I will get on the scale tomorrow. I'm sure I will have a gain. I will deal with it, though. I made some good choices and some not so good choices. ;) The bad choices were the shared desserts and bread service that came with our dinners. Those evil carbs and don't forget about the evil sodium! :devil:

I would like to say that losing weight made a huge difference in my vacation. I really enjoyed myself wearing shorts, swimming, etc. It would not have been like this if I was 140+ pounds heavier. I felt so Blessed to be able to enjoy myself the way I did.

Larry Looking great! :bravo:

Jomo Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Veronica65 Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Lauren Hi :wave: It's good to see you!

berryblondeboys
05-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Lauren nice to see you again!

Jomo littlebumblebee and Veronica welcome to the board!

ShIshkaberry it is amazing that we dilly dally so much with weight loss. I was overweight for a decade or more and never tried to do anything about it. I found it too overwhelming and didn't see how I would control my cravings. But once I finally just did it, I am finding it fairly easy to do. My mind games were the hard part to overcome. Not the actual weight.

Iamerican breaks from normal routine is hard, but tomorrow is soon here!

Rachelj just remember, this is a lifestyle change and there will be times we don't have much control. So, it might take a wee longer for a few days thrown in off plan, but if this truly is a lifelong investment, that shouldn't be a big issue, right?

Vixsin celebrating your new low with you! Yay!!!

K9owner glad you were able to get away and relax.

Jomatho. We'll be seeing new pics soon, right?

Diana3271 so glad you had a great mini vacation. And you are so right. It's so much easier to enjoy in a smaller, fitter body.

lucyamy
05-30-2011, 11:34 PM
hi everyone im new to this whole forum thing :)
for a start im lucy
im 15
weight- 15 stone 2 pound
height- 5ft 11nches
im just really unhappy about my weight and was wondering wether anyone had any advise for me thanks x

shishkeberry
05-30-2011, 11:52 PM
You're right berry... I flirted with the idea of losing weight before (and even joined a gym for a month) but it never really clicked before now. But I'm getting a little confidence from that because I feel so serious this time that losing the weight actually feels attainable. And with only a little bit of effort, I'm almost to my second mini goal already :D

Diana3271
05-31-2011, 07:46 AM

It's back to work and a busy week for me.

I weighed in this morning at 147.2. So far, I've gained 3.4 pounds since my vacation. I say so far because sometimes it takes a couple days to catch up with me. I may go up a little more the next couple of days. We'll see what happens. I'm back on plan today. The good thing is that I'm still in my maintenance range.

I hope you have a fantastic on plan day!

Diana3271
05-31-2011, 07:47 AM
lucyamy Hi and Welcome! :wave:

jomatho
05-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Feels like a Monday. Didn't sleep well. Scale is mean. Nothing else to say. Ha, ha, no it's not that bad, but I am pretty tired today. Took a break from the board for a little over a day and it felt pretty good, no offense, I just felt like I was thinking about things too much. I feel better now, I think hormones are messing with me. No pictures yet, I have to actually get to the halfway mark before I take those. I saw 187.8 a couple days ago, but need to get to 187.4 to be halfway. Somehow, I am up two pounds from that point. I am holding water, I can feel it. It turned sweltering hot here last 2 days, I have eaten foods I don't normally eat and I am 10 days out from TOM. Last month I felt the exact same way 10 days out, I remember wondering if it could be PMS already. My girls are killing me, they bothered me with running yesterday. I know these are the reasons for being up a little, but it really ticks me off right now! Oh well, this too shall pass.
Today I will run my 5 mile run to finish out my 90 miles for the month :yay:Hopefully be back later for some personals, but today has the potential to get away from me, so much to do and so little time. Love you all, and welome to all the newbies!

Diana3271
05-31-2011, 08:03 AM
Jomatho Enjoy your run and have a great day.

jomatho
05-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks Diana, welcome back, glad you had a good time, I missed your smiling face everyday! How was the train ride?

jomatho
05-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Progress Photos

The photo with the white shirt is my highest weight.

The photo with the blue shirt was taken 3 1/2 weeks ago

The photo with the yellow shirt was taken today 5/29/2011

Larry,

FABULOUS! That is nothing short of amazing, way to go! I am so proud to be part of your journey and see your transformations!

Diana3271
05-31-2011, 08:26 AM
Jomatho Thank you!

The train ride was great! Something happened that I would call just short of amazing. I tend to be a talkative person. I contribute this to being in business and having to talk to customers while they are waiting, etc. DH is talkative/sociable around people we know. He is not as much so with strangers. I didn't know we were going to be seated with another couple. I could sense DH's apprehension when we were seated at a table with 4 chairs. We hit it off perfectly with the other couple! We had so much in common. In fact, they have come to Charleston quite a few times for vacation. I just had this feeling that if we lived in the same town we would become very close friends. DH even agreed with my thoughts on this. We had a wonderful afternoon together.

berryblondeboys
05-31-2011, 08:49 AM
Blah, up .4 today. I don't usually see gains in the second half of my cycle, so this has me a bit bummed. Could very well be the brats we had for supper last night. Doubt it was the salad! LOL TOnight is chicken, so should be better.

Glad to see people checking back in!

Good luck on your last run of the month Jomatho! You DID IT!!!!

RachaelJ
05-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Saturday: 05/28
Breakfast 1 1/2 cup frosted flakes, 1 turkey sausage link
Lunch: Banana, 1 slice of lunch meat
Dinner: Subway Chicken Salad
Snack: mini Blueberry Muffins 3
Excercise: Wii 45 minutes Just Dance

Sunday 05/29
Breakfast: 1 Banana, 1 mini blueberry muffin
Lunch: 2 mini muffins, 8 breaded onion rings
Dinner: Chicken Salad
Dessert: Watergate Salad (103 calories per serving) Family Favorite:hug:
Excercise: Aerobic Dancing, 45 minutes, Walking 30 minutes around the neighborhood
WaterL 80 ounces

Monday 05/30:
Breakfast: 1 cup Frosted Flakes, 1 banana
Lunch: Chicken Salad
Dinner: Taco Salad
Snack: 1 Serving Watergate Salad
Excercise: None

Tuesday Morning Weigh in: 155, down a pound from last week. Total pounds lost 8 pounds since May 9. I'm feeling good. Still noticing inches moving. Especially yesterday when I threw on some short shorts. Thighs slowly starting not to touch,:carrot:

Challenge this week: Traveling (road trip) to Detroit from Atlanta this week. Going to be gone 5 days, living out of a suitcase and having to eat out while I'm there. Won't be able to do my p90x videos so I'm planning alternatives while I'm there. Probably walking will be my excercise.

zoodoo613
05-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Morning everyone!

I'm back from our trip and not too much worse for the wear, although I'm exhausted. I guess I took a diet break. I didn't have internet access so I didn't track a thing. I guess if I'd been truly dedicated, I could have written everything down and plugged it all in later, but I didn't do that. :D I wasn't overly careful about what I ate, but I didn't go nuts either. My weights the same as when I left, 204, so I guess I didn't do too bad, although TOM started a few days earlier, and I usually lose a couple lbs when it does, so that may be masking my bad eating.

It was a little too nice for comfort not to track. I almost forgot to start again yesterday (We got back Sunday night). But I remembered, just in time to track a really high calorie day because of poor planning at an unexpected cook-out. Oh well.

I realized just now that I've had sort of a pathetic month, down only 3.8 lbs. But down is down.

Diana3271
05-31-2011, 09:46 AM
Berry Good Morning! It could be the Brats. They tend to be high in sodium.

Rachael Congrats on the pound loss!

zoodoo I would not consider a 3.8 pound loss pathetic at all. I think it's very good. It's almost a 1 pound loss per week. That is in line with what is recommended. So, great job! :carrot:

berryblondeboys
05-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Berry Good Morning! It could be the Brats. They tend to be high in sodium.

Or it could be the end effect of eating more on Saturday (about 2500). Whatever it is, it will come off too. Just delaying the entrance to onederland a bit, but I don't regret Saturday. It was a great event and really 2500 is hardly a disaster and it was planned.

choo
05-31-2011, 10:40 AM
I started with fast walking or jogging this morning. My swiss watch with heart monitor says every facts about faster or slower walking. I like it really and I hope I will be fitter in a few weeks :)

Diana3271
05-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Choo Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Vixsin
05-31-2011, 10:45 AM
::runs in and hugs everyone in sight!!:::

I have missed you guys!!!!!!! :grouphug:

I am super pleased to announce a 6.4 loss for May!!!! :woohoo: After my 2.2 for April, I will take it and do a dance for it!!!!! :yay:

I hope all is well with everyone. I will try to check in at lunch time.

jomatho
05-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Just popping back in to say "I did it!" :carrot: I ran 90 miles in May as planned!:carrot: Just barely! Now I have to think of a June goal. Hmmmmm.

berryblondeboys
05-31-2011, 11:13 AM
Just popping back in to say "I did it!" :carrot: I ran 90 miles in May as planned!:carrot: Just barely! Now I have to think of a June goal. Hmmmmm.

So happy for you! Even when you got derailed a bit, you just upped the mileage per day! That is so fantastic!!!

:bravo::high::high::high::congrat::cheer:

Larry H
05-31-2011, 11:13 AM
Memorial Day was in within my plan of 1500 calories and 2000 mg sodium!! :carrot:
My actual eating for the day was 1425 calories and 1918 mg sodium.

Lunch
Lean pork chop
Au Gratin potato
Yellow string beans from my garden

Afternoon snack
OIKOS strawberry Greek yogurt

Dinner
Jennie-o turkey burger
Wheat sandwhich bun
Weber's horseradish mustard
Oven baked homemade french fries (no oil or salt)
2 Mezzetta jalapeno stuffed olives

Late snack
1/2 cup rice with Giorgio no salt added mushrooms and a chopped Vidalia onion. Cooked together with seasonings (No salt)

My weight is steady at 235

I am sure glad everyone is coming back from the holiday. This thread was kind of meager in attendance this past holiday weekend. Reminded me of a ghost town!! :rofl:

Thank goodness for the newcomers!! :wave:

Larry,

themilesawaygirl
05-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm back from a long weekend probably about 10lb heavier! Had a great weekend with friends but any thoughts of being in control of my food went out the window. BUT thanks to the support here I'm back on plan today and determined not to give up.

I'll try and check in later for personals. Welcome back everyone!

Diana3271
05-31-2011, 01:45 PM
Berry You enjoyed yourself and back on plan today. That's the main thing. The worst case scenario about the 2500 calories is that you ate at your maintenance level. Nothing wrong with that.

Vixsin Hi :wave: Hugs back at you! :hug: Congrats on the 6.4 pounds for May! Great job!

Jomatho Congrats on the 90 pounds! Awesome! :bravo:

Larry Great job staying on plan yesterday.

themilesawaygirl Welcome back! Some of that will be water weight. Just get right back on your plan. You can do it.

TamTam
05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
I am off work today and searching the 3FC forums and came across this thread and it looked interesting and was wondering if I could join, I may not get to post every day but I will check in as often as possible. I guess a little about me would be in order. My name is Tammy, I have been married for 34 years, I need to lose about 110 pounds. I have just been put on crestor, metformin and am on high blood pressure meds for about a year or now and really want to get this weight off to get off all these meds and get healthier. My husband is also overweight. We own 3 Christian retail stores here in south Louisiana, we are Catholic but we handle items for all Christian faiths and have many customers from different faiths. Being very busy and always on the go, hubby and I are more or less following the Intuitive Eating "program", basically eat only when hungry, eat what you want not what you think you should, eat slowly and stop when full. We need some structure, so hubby came up with eating 1 cup of food just about every 3 hours, we eat more or less at 8am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm and 7pm (we close at 6 but 2 of our stores is an hour's driving time to get home). The 4pm, meal is more or less the snack meal of usually fruit. Thanks for "listening". Have a blessed day.

berryblondeboys
05-31-2011, 03:24 PM
I just took a 3 hour nap. I haven't needed to do that for so long and now I feel so much better. I also weigh more than a pound less than I did this morning! Wow! But, doesn't count. Man... TIRED is an understatement I guess.

TamTam
05-31-2011, 03:34 PM
I just took a 3 hour nap. I haven't needed to do that for so long and now I feel so much better. I also weigh more than a pound less than I did this morning! Wow! But, doesn't count. Man... TIRED is an understatement I guess.

I don't get to nap often, but when I do it feels sooooo good. Good for you for getting to get a nap!:D

L R K
05-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Boy is it hot :hot: here in TO today 39 degress celcius with the humidity... at least the :sunny: is shining :D

1st day of my learn-to-run program yesterday and holy cow was it a workout! I am not a runner, never have been so this was hard for me. My legs hurt a little today, not too much thankfully because I stretched properly afterwards, but I am feeling it.

Anyways, here is my plan for the day

B - 2 slices multi-grain bread w/ PB + 1 banana

S - Was hungry after breakfast so had 2 weetabox w/ almond milk

L - Homemade burrito (tortilla, brown rice, beans, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce and soy cheese) + green salad w/ tomato and cucmber

S - 1 apple + small amount dry-roasted un-salted almonds

D - Stir-fry w/ marinated tempeh, chinese broccoli & a tahini sauce on soba noodles

Drinking: 1 morning coffee + 1 pepsi + at least 2L water

Exercise: 10mins cardio + 20 core-strengthening + 30min walk with the dog later in the evening when it has cooled down a bit

Cya! :wave:

Diana3271
05-31-2011, 04:01 PM
CatholicCajun Hi and Welcome to the check-in and 3FC's. :wave:

Berry I'm glad you were able to get a nap and feel better.

Lauren Hi :wave: Good to see you. How is your back? It's hot and humid here, too. Right now it's 93* with a heat index of 100*. :eek:

TamTam
05-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks Diana!

L R K
05-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Lauren Hi :wave: Good to see you. How is your back? It's hot and humid here, too. Right now it's 93* with a heat index of 100*. :eek:

My back is a lot better, thanks for asking :D

I am still seeing my physio, dropped down to 1x every 2 or 3 weeks - soon will be moving to once monthly.

Last time I had any pain that required any pain killers was April 19 so things are looking up! Still get some minor pains but nothing that keeps me up at night anymore.

DTerminedOne1219
05-31-2011, 04:18 PM
okay, im officially back! Even though ive been on and off for the last almost 2 weeks, i did manage to lose another 2.3 lbs. My first month of my journey i lost a total of 7.7lbs. So considering i had a rough patch, i'm quite pleased with that! I took a picture this weekend while getting ready for a party too and i was shocked at the difference i could see already when i compared it to my starting picture! That was all the motivation i needed to keep this going.

I joined the CC 4th of July Challenge and i have a pretty extreme goal of losing 16.3 lbs!! I dont know if i'll hit that or not but im sure going to try my hardest! If all goes well i should at least be officially out of the 200's within the next month!!! Super excited about that!

The food over the weekend wasnt too bad, i made sure i moderated myself while at the cookouts all weekend. And burned some calories swimming yesterday! I avoided all cakes and sweet treats which is a HUGE deal for me haha. I also started my protein shakes today. I'm mixing a scoop of protein powder in some fat free lactose free milk with my instant iced coffee mix. It tasted so awesome!! and i'll be doing turbo fire for the rest of the week!

So happy to finally be back on track!