Weight Loss Surgery - Husband Update

View Full Version : Husband Update

Luna3
01-04-2003, 11:12 AM
OK, here we go. On monday I will be faxing down the last medical records and his Psychological Evaluation. Our family Doctor has already faxed his OK to the center. Now we wait.

We have also been talking to a lady who will be one year out on January 30th. She went to the same center, and in total has lost 110lbs. She is very excited for John, and he is really starting to think this may happen. I know he is trying to not get his hopes up but when this lady said, I was positive I would be the one person this would not help, I knew she hit the nail on the head. He adimtted he feels the same way, or that he will not be approved.

So please all say a little prayer, light a candle, or what ever you do, for us on this journey. We are now awaiting a call for his pre-op work up.

peach pit
01-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Oh Luna! I sure will say a prayer for your dh, and one for you too!!!!!

The whole thing is pretty nerve wracking!!

I wish you both all the best!

peach

jiffypop
01-04-2003, 04:53 PM
luna.. i have to confess.. there was this little voice in my head that also said that it wouldn'[t help me. after all, nothing else had worked, why should this?? but the surgeon and the nurse both said that it was my best - and only - and last - chance, so i went for it.

so, since the surgery on january 29 2002, i'm down 160 pounds since then. a total of 257 lost since september 2001.

your husband MUST follow the rules, though. HE must be responsible for what goes in his mouth. all your love and support will help, but his is the final decision.

so... off ya go!!! any time he wants to talk.. we're just a few keystrokes away!!!!