Old 05-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/268/200

Height: 5'10"

Default Ordering alternative products online - need ideas

I'm doing IP on my own with alternative products and I have about $150 that I want to use to order some alternative products from Lindora or somewhere online, and I wanted some ideas for what's good. I'm trying to get some meal options to last 2-4 weeks. I already have a very good ISO whey protein shake powder I like so I don't need shake recommendations, but I want ideas for other meal like packets I can use to mix things up a bit for lunches at work or dinner items. Maybe some snack ideas too. I've got to find something beyond shakes and bars. Please tell me what you like. I'm placing my order tonight or tomorrow. Thank you for your help here.

Last edited by randyhall; 05-19-2011 at 11:49 PM.
randyhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyhall View Post
I'm doing IP on my own with alternative products and I have about $150 that I want to use to order some alternative products from Lindora or somewhere online, and I wanted some ideas for what's good. I'm trying to get some meal options to last 2-4 weeks. I already have a very good ISO whey protein shake powder I like so I don't need shake recommendations, but I want ideas for other meal like packets I can use to mix things up a bit for lunches at work or dinner items. Maybe some snack ideas too. I've got to find something beyond shakes and bars. Please tell me what you like. I'm placing my order tonight or tomorrow. Thank you for your help here.
Good morning

I have recently started to order the alternative products online as well, just due to cost. Still following the IP protocol, and have been doing IP for 8 mths...am in my 9th mth total now... so yes, DARBS introduced me to nashuanutrition.com and I ordered what she ordered:

HealthSmart Protein Bar - Peanut Butter (7/Box)
1 $10.95
Proti-Thin Drink & Pudding - Chocolate (7/Box)
1 $11.95
ProtiDiet Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar (7/Box)
1 $10.95
ProtiDiet Omelette - Bacon & Cheese (7/Box)
2 $21.90

this is my second order, and before shipping (being in Canada I dont get the free shipping option if you have a 99$ order) it is like $55 !!!! with IP prices, at approx 27$ a box including tax that would have cost me $135 !!!
On a previous order I also ordered the Weight Loss Systems DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CAKE.......omg..... so good........so CHOCOLATE hahhah. Here are the guidelines DARBS sent me when you check out the products so when making your choices, you know which will be 'restricted' and which are not.

"For non-restricted stick to 90-120 calories with less than 5 carbs and 5 grams of fat

For restricted stick to 150-180 calories with less than 18 carbs

I eat an omelete everyone morning (90 calories, 2 carbs, 0 fat)...I order from Nashau Nutrition on line

I eat oatmeal, chocolate cake, or hot chocolate for lunch every day (around 100, 120, 90 calories and 6, 8, 5 carbs...the cake is a little high...doesn't affect loss)

I eat a bar every day for snack (around 150-180 calories and 12-16 carbs)

All food is ordered from Nashau...I get about 3-4 weeks worth for $99. everything is yummy and they have peanut butter bars that taste like Resee's cups"

and fyi the PROTI THIN Gelatin Strawberry Banana is amazing ! 0 fat / 2 carb / 16 protien. sorry this is soooooooooo long, but MAN alive I am saving some cash !!!
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #3  
Started IP 20-Apr-2011

S/C/G: 169/162/130

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=LOSINGFORGOOD2010;3857755]Good morning

I have recently started to order the alternative products online as well, just due to cost. Still following the IP protocol, and have been doing IP for 8 mths...am in my 9th mth total now... so yes, DARBS introduced me to nashuanutrition.com

Do you mind telling what you paid for shipping?

I order alternatives for my husband from www.proteinwell.ca. But the boxes are a little more than Nashua. They're 13.50-14.50 per box.
You get free shipping for orders over $99. I just ordered 11 boxes (7 packets each) and it works out to $2.07 per packet or $43.47 per week.
Chick76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

what is best choc drink in your opinion? i love ip's but would love to find a cheaper one that tastes as good
crystalchuckgracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

I live in Ontario Canada and I'm also doing the IP protocol using alternatives (i've lost 4.2lbs since monday!)

this is what I ordered from Nashua nutrition.

HealthSmart Fruit Drink - Strawberry Kiwi (7/Box) $10.95
HealthSmart Hot Chocolate - Mint (7/Box) $10.95
HealthSmart Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar (7/Box) $10.95
HealthSmart Omelet - Bacon & Cheese (7/Box) $10.95
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Caramel Crunch (7/Box) $10.95
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Peanut Butter (7/Box) $10.95
HealthSmart Pudding & Shake - Variety Pack (7/Box) $10.95
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Supreme Caramel (7/Box) $10.95
ProtiDiet Soup - Beef Vegetable (7/Box) $10.95

With shipping to canada it was $122.10

So far I have tried the bacon and cheese omelet _ YUM!! I mix it with my 2 cups of veggies -filling and delicious!
The oatmeal was okay but I found I was hungry quickly after eating it. Doesn't taste as good as the Quaker instant oatmeal that;s for sure!

The caramel crunch and Peanut butter bars are amazing and very satisfing!

the beef vegetable was good as well.
Babyblues4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #6  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=Chick76;3858237]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning

I have recently started to order the alternative products online as well, just due to cost. Still following the IP protocol, and have been doing IP for 8 mths...am in my 9th mth total now... so yes, DARBS introduced me to nashuanutrition.com

Do you mind telling what you paid for shipping?

I order alternatives for my husband from www.proteinwell.ca. But the boxes are a little more than Nashua. They're 13.50-14.50 per box.
You get free shipping for orders over $99. I just ordered 11 boxes (7 packets each) and it works out to $2.07 per packet or $43.47 per week.
thank you I have been looking for a canadian website.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Babyblues...now I am confused. I was about to order the ProtiDiet stuff, but I see you order mostly Health Smart. What is the difference? Do you know which items have aspartame in them? I have asked this question on the other link about alternative food items but so far no one has answered me. Thanks for all the info
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #8  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

The nashua site is very good at listing the ingredients! I know that the Hot chocolate- mint has aspartame...they have a regular hot chocolate with and one without..and the Irish creme one does not have aspartame. I haven't really paid too much attention to it though...so just read it real quick before putting it in your cart. Most times it's even bolded!!
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
what is best choc drink in your opinion? i love ip's but would love to find a cheaper one that tastes as good
Crystalchuckgracie,
I, too, love the IP chocolate drink and I have yet to find a replacement. I use Lindora and Nashuanutrition for every thing else but I can't find a suitable substitute for my morning drink! If you find anything, let me know. I don't like Lindora's or Nashua's chocolate drinks at all. I don't like the EAS either. I was on phase 4 for a couple of months and I still had to have that IP chocolate drink.
JollyCrewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I just started doing alternatives since the hubs and I are both out of work. I went to Walmart and got EAS AdvantEDGE carb control drinks. They had 4 flavors: chocolate fudge, french vanilla, strawberry creme, and dark chocolate. So far I've had the chocolate fudge and strawberry creme. So good!! They also have a lot of potassium in them, so I am not so worrited about buying IP potassium. AND they were $4.95 for a 4 box pack! My mom went to Sams and found a box of (I think) 28 for less than 30 bucks. I also ordered some bars from Nashua Nutrition. Three boxes of 7 for about $11 each plus $7.50 for shipping. You have to read the contents carefully, though. Some of their products have MSG or aspertame. I only got a few to try, but if they are good I will order enough to get the free shipping.

I'm feeling pretty good about the change. Unlike the IP chocolate drink, this one doesn't have that gritty protein powder texture. So with the EAS and the bars from Nashua I am spending about $31 a week rather than $80+!!
NannyOgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 231/204/190

Height: 6'

I just ordered from nashua, and cant wait to get my goodies. I am so ready to have more variety. When I was shopping the site, I checked the star ratings of each product, I am trying the ones that got five stars, or rave reviews. I figured if that many people liked them, they had to be worth trying.
FLAMINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 292/268/200

Height: 5'10"

Thanks to everyone's help I just ordered from Nashua yesterday and I got:

ProtiDiet Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar
ProtiDiet Omelette - Bacon & Cheese
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Chocolate Dream
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Peanut Butter and Smooth Caramel Crisp

They also had a barely expired thing of Piņa Colada Dymatize ISO 100 Whey Protein powder. I researched it and it looks like protein powders are fine expired as long as it's not too far expired.

With that powder it put me at $102 and I got free shipping. I'm excited!

Incidentally, that brand of protein powder is my very favorite. Someone was asking for choloate shake ideas and this one is great! I have had some IP products, but not their shake, so I don't know how it compares, but according to people online this one is one of the best tasting and it mixes well in water. The gourmet chocolate is great and it is supposedly the best quality powder on the market. It's somewhat spendy, but still cheaper than some and it's concentrated so you get more out of the same size can as others. Here's a screenshot of the nutritional info: http://d.pr/CFN3 and here's the product: http://bit.ly/jANu1I

Anyway, thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm going to order some more stuff based on everyone's recommendations.

Please keep posting good suggestions. I appreciate the info.

randyhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyhall View Post
Thanks to everyone's help I just ordered from Nashua yesterday and I got:

ProtiDiet Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar
ProtiDiet Omelette - Bacon & Cheese
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Chocolate Dream
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Peanut Butter and Smooth Caramel Crisp

They also had a barely expired thing of Piņa Colada Dymatize ISO 100 Whey Protein powder. I researched it and it looks like protein powders are fine expired as long as it's not too far expired.

With that powder it put me at $102 and I got free shipping. I'm excited!

Incidentally, that brand of protein powder is my very favorite. Someone was asking for choloate shake ideas and this one is great! I have had some IP products, but not their shake, so I don't know how it compares, but according to people online this one is one of the best tasting and it mixes well in water. The gourmet chocolate is great and it is supposedly the best quality powder on the market. It's somewhat spendy, but still cheaper than some and it's concentrated so you get more out of the same size can as others. Here's a screenshot of the nutritional info: http://d.pr/CFN3 and here's the product: http://bit.ly/jANu1I

Anyway, thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm going to order some more stuff based on everyone's recommendations.

Please keep posting good suggestions. I appreciate the info.

Dymatize 100 choclate for 5 Lb 80 servings is $50 plus $6 shipping on Amazon. Does anyone know if this is a good price? Also is this ok for IP alternative? Starting tomorrow on my own and feeling anxious and excited.
luckygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
I have been researching this a lot today and found that New Lifestyle Diet has the same chocolate shake as IP. Apparently the same stats and same taste. This person called New Lifestyle and they told her that it is made by the same company as the IP one but they use a different label. I'm going to give it a try. I love the IP chocolate shake.
thinkthin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyCrewzer View Post
Crystalchuckgracie,
I, too, love the IP chocolate drink and I have yet to find a replacement. I use Lindora and Nashuanutrition for every thing else but I can't find a suitable substitute for my morning drink! If you find anything, let me know. I don't like Lindora's or Nashua's chocolate drinks at all. I don't like the EAS either. I was on phase 4 for a couple of months and I still had to have that IP chocolate drink.
I have been researching this a lot today and found that New Lifestyle Diet has the same chocolate shake as IP. Apparently the same stats and same taste. This person called New Lifestyle and they told her that it is made by the same company as the IP one but they use a different label. I'm going to give it a try. I love the IP chocolate shake.
thinkthin135 is offline   Reply With Quote