Lighten Up! - Oh for Pete's Sake!

View Full Version : Oh for Pete's Sake!

Galatea
05-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Hola Lighten Up! Thread! I am on a quest to find a thread that I actually seem to fit into...So answer me this, how long did you search before your found a thread that you were comfortable in and could become a regular in? I don't want to feel discouraged and I want to continue giving this site a fair try especially since my husband suggested it, but I just have not found and area where I feel comfortable enough to jump in and chat/advise/commiserate. So, suggestions?

bargoo
05-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I posted here there and everywhere before I found one that fit. It all depends on what you want. Are you a Weight Watcher ? South Beach ? Atkins ? Calorie Counter ? Do you have Diet Meals delvered ? Are you a single Mom? Are you under 20 ? Over 50 ? These are just a sample of some of the forums you can find that you may be interested in. Check them out and post a few times , you will find one that is just right for you.

beerab
05-19-2011, 05:34 PM
I post wherever I feel like and I respond at most places unless it's a specific diet related question I can't answer :)

I think over time you just start getting comfortable with certain forums as well- what plan are you following? That may help you :)

Ferumbras
05-19-2011, 05:49 PM
I jumped into the 20-something and Weight Loss Support forums and have been participating in the Daily Chats. I also joined the threads where people log stuff every day (weight, what they've eaten, exercise, etc.). There's less talking, per se, but it still feels like a community.

I found that it was just a matter of posting frequently enough, and responding to other people's posts. It took a few days to really feel comfortable, but I do now. And I also do as beerab does, hopping around to threads the look interesting and posting when I have something to say, otherwise just learning from others.

luckymommy
05-19-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm the same as beerab....I post whenever I feel like it....as you start to post more and more, you'll probably find a place that suits you...and if you don't find a post you can relate to in some way then maybe you can just start your own threads the way you just did. :)

Galatea
05-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the guidance and words of wisdom everyone!! <3 <3 I will try some of the groups I think. :)