Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #1  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

Default I'm in a food rut...and I like it!

I'm doing WW at home, and I seem to have fallen into a food rut. Thing is, I like it! It is quick, easy, healthy, and I don't have to think too much about it. But somehow I feel like I *should* be eating more variety. Here is a typical day

B: Scrambled egg sandwich (1 egg, 2 slices whole wheat 35 cal bread, mayo, sliced tomatoes

AM snack: V8 and a light string cheese

L: Either leftovers from dinner, a Smart Ones meal / Lean Cuisine meal, or a basic salad with grilled chicken. And a piece of fruit.

Afternoon Snack: pistacios (counted out to ensure serving size)

D: varies (see below)

Evening snack (if I want it): Fiber One yogurt, maybe some berries, and 2 hershey kisses once or twice a week

I do get some variety in my dinners, but everything else is status quo. Anyone see any problems with this type of routine, dare I say, "rut"? I'm comfortable with my eating right now, but there is that little voice in the back of my head saying "Ur doing it wrong!"
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

There's a big difference between a 'rut' and a 'routine'. I'm the same way - I like eating the same thing every day until dinner time, then I change it up. It's how I keep everything in control - "everything" being how much I eat, and getting all the essential vitamins and nutrients. As long as you are staying balanced and getting all your vitamins (and ENJOY it), why change it? You might come to a point where you want to change what you're eating, but vary it up when YOU feel like it!
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

As long as you're happy I don't see a problem with it. Currently I'm in pretty much the same boat but it doesn't bother me.
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

That sounds pretty solid. There's nothing wrong with eating the same thing all the time and your plan looks nutritious. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #5  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I'm pretty much the same...it's amazing how satisfied I am with a relatively small bunch of foods. There are just some things I don't seem to get sick of...laughing cow cheese on crisp bread, grilled chicken (especially cold), ceasar salads -- I could live on these things alone.

I use an app for tracking calories and it's very rare for me to need to find a new food, I'm always copying the ones that I've already used.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Your lunches and dinner seem to have variety... nothing wrong with sticking to certain foods for breakfast and snacks!
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #7  
Trimming the fat

S/C/G: 163/163/120

Height: 5'1

That actually sounds really great! It's a larger variety than you think... you seem to span all the food groups well. I'm the same exact way except even my dinner is the same thing every night. lol. It's just so much easier to already have the calories etc. counted out for all your meals. I'm lazy so it works well.
LadyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:19 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthy07 View Post
There's a big difference between a 'rut' and a 'routine'.
I was thinking the same thing.

If you're liking something. If it's working for you. If it's healthier than what you used to do. Why change it?

Sure, down the road if it truly becomes a "rut" then by all means switch things up!

But, some people really like certain foods and can eat them for long periods of time without getting sick of them.

Ain't nothin' wrong with that!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #9  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

hahahaha I'm a Taurus which means I always resist change lol. I, also, eat basically the same things everyday lol. It actually makes counting calories a lot easier. When I have a lot of extra stuff it just frustrates me and throws me off! lol. Like you I like to switch up my dinner, but then again I may have the same thing for dinner for like a week lol. I cook a lot of it so that I can have a lot of leftovers lol.
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #10  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

Thank y'all for the confirmation! I'm happy here in my rut, err...routine and that's ok!
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #11  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I have a pretty similar food routine to yours. Here's mine:

B: Scrambled eggs+ bacon and veggies+coffee

L: Black beans (sometimes with brown rice) +veggies + sometimes chicken and/or cheese

S: Cheese and whole wheat crackers or fruit (usually watermelon or pears) +coffeee

D: Varies but sometimes similar to lunch. Although Friday's are always homemade pizza day!

Dessert: THIS is what I'm working on now. Too often it's chocolate but my favorite is the south. beach diet chocolate "pudding" with ricotta cheese. unfortunately, Ricotta cheese is really expensive here so I'm trying to find a good substitute.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #12  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

That doesn't look like a rut to me, unless you always choose the same Lean Cuisine meals and always eat the same leftovers. In fact, that looks a lot like what I do, and I consider my own diet fairly varied!

"Leftovers" is a hugely broad concept, and as long as you mix up your lunches and/or dinners occasionally, you are indeed "doing it right."
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #13  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I think your plan (much better word than rut) sounds great. You do have variety at lunch and dinner, especially since you said fruit at lunch and not some specific fruit, so I'm guessing it varies. Now I want pistachios!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I like being in a "rut/routine". It makes planning the days easier, grocery shopping easier, calorie counting easier... I eat pretty much the same thing with a few changes too. In an odd way I find it comforting.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote