Old 05-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/158.6/146

Default Weekly Chat 5/16-5/23

No one has started the weekly chat so i thought I would so ahead. How is everyone doing this week? I had a great weigh-in on Monday. 2.4 pounds down so my total is 24.2 in 10 weeks. Hope to keep this momentum going but I am travelling next week so it will be harder!
arkansasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

24.2lbs in 10 weeks is super hot chick! keep it up! I have had an okay week, but i seem to keep thinking that i am choosing the wrong things to eat, even tho i feel like i have salad growing out my ears. I keep feeling like i am doing things wrong. Its such a weird feeling. I think i am putting a lot of pressure on myself to do this.

I had to go out yesterday to buy some new scrubs for work, because i was swimming in my uniforms. It was crazy cause i think my boyfriend thought i was nuts as i almost had a breakdown before work. I put on my scrubs and i felt so fat in them cause they were so BIG. I said... i cant wear these! they make me look fatter than i am! So we ended up racing to the uniform store so i could pick out something. My old scrubs were 2XL and 3XL. When i was done at the store i walked out with a size XL shirt and an XL pant. I was amazed. Never in my life... that i can ever remember, have i EVER worn an XL. Maybe when i was a kid.

So this week has been ok, WI day for me will be Friday. Last week i only managed to go down 0.5lb So i am hoping the scale moves a little more for me this week. We will see! Wish me luck ladies!
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #3  

Congratulations on the new scrubs! That is so great. Are you in the health care field?
Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #4  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

arkansasmom, such incredible results wow! congrats!

mercuryblue congrats for the switch to another size!!!! yay!!!
I also totally get your feeling about doing something wrong... My official ''jump on the scale day'' is tomorrow, but I was so excited to see how I lost this morning that I checked.. and I was at the EXACT same weight then last friday I was very proud of me all week long, doing some healthy choices and everything, and then BAMMM this morning, no clear results I lost a lot last week though, maybe my body needs to adjust or something like that...

Good luck for you weigh tomorrow, I hope we'll both have results to be proud of! (and even if we don't, screw that, we'll be proud of us anyway!!!)
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #5  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

arkansasmom: Congrats on the loss! Keep up the great work, and don't worry too much about your travelling -- it *can* throw you off, but as long as you do what you know you should, you'll be fine.

mercuryblue: That's fantastic about the new scrubs! Don't you just love it when you go in to buy something new and it's a totally different, much smaller size? Makes you feel like all this hard work is paying off! Keep it up!

I had my weigh-in last night and lost 3 pounds, which was pleasing because I gained a pound while I was on vacation. I got up this morning and went for a 2.2-mile walk with my new WW pedometer (and earned 3 activity points!) I hope the rest of the week goes well, for me and everyone else here.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/141.5/125

Height: 5'3

I had the worst Monday meeting. Not so much because of my .8 gain. I totally expected it. But because my leader made an announcement that because of a new corporate policy, no one leader can have more than 4 meetings in one location. So she is being forced to give up our meeting. Which caused half of the people in the meeting to start crying. I love my leader and I'm not going to be able to make any of her other meetings. My mom and I like to go together. It's our way of keeping each other motivated. And it gives us time to chat each week. But her schedule and mine don't match up except Mondays.

I'm thinking about calling the 1-800 number and complaining. Our meeting has between 30-50 people every week. And everyone's upset about the leader being forced out. Not to mention we are the ones paying for the damn meeting, let us have who we want. We obviously go to hers bc we like her.

Last edited by catahoula; 05-19-2011 at 10:50 PM.
catahoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

anyone seen spooky? Havent seen her in about 2 weeks. I sent her an IM but nothing
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I got a bit out of control last night and had some cookies before going to bed...more cookies than I should have The sugar high gave me nightmares through the night. The two that I remember most is that a doberman attacked me on a walk and ripped up my shoulder (I am TERRIFIED of dogs...especially big ones!) and then another one where I could hear my 3 year old niece whimpering and found her outside sleeping on the front steps and her tongue was frozen to the steps. I basically tossed and turned all night long. Never doing that again
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

lol sugar gave you nightmares. I ate chinese for dinner the other night, and it made me restless. Isnt it funny what food can do to us
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 61"

woot woot, I only gained 1lb on my cruise last week!! My mom reached her first 10% and got her keychain!!!! It's been a great week so far. Hopefully next week I will lose 2.5 lbs and get my 10% keychain too!
dj mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #11  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
I had the worst Monday meeting. Not so much because of my .8 gain. I totally expected it. But because my leader made an announcement that because of a new corporate policy, no one leader can have more than 4 meetings in one location. So she is being forced to give up our meeting. Which caused half of the people in the meeting to start crying. I love my leader and I'm not going to be able to make any of her other meetings. My mom and I like to go together. It's our way of keeping each other motivated. And it gives us time to chat each week. But her schedule and mine don't match up except Mondays.

I'm thinking about calling the 1-800 number and complaining. Our meeting has between 30-50 people every week. And everyone's upset about the leader being forced out. Not to mention we are the ones paying for the damn meeting, let us have who we want. We obviously go to hers bc we like her.
Wow that is ridiculous! I would be so upset if we lost our meeting leader. I've been to one other meeting time, and we had a sub one time for our meeting and though both ladies were perfectly fine, it just SO wasn't the same. I wonder why they would have a rule like that in place and why they wouldn't just implement it for future meeting times instead of prying a leader away from a group.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Ugh! so i gained 0.5 this week. My first gain since i have started. I felt "heavy" all week and although i was sure i stayed with in my points and excercised 3 times, i somehow felt like i had screwed up. It feels like it has been such a struggle and i hate that so much. The lady who weighed me in said it was the weather she thought. That because its so clammy and humid outside and that we have had so much rain... she said our bodies "soak" that up. I thought she was nuts :P So im going to remain calm and just see how it goes next week.

Arkansasmom, i work as a nurse full time in a hospital. Its definately nice to have gone down in size for my scrubs. Except that they cost a fortune to replace lol.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/141.5/125

Height: 5'3

Somnie, I have no idea. Everyones pretty upset. I called WW customer service and let them know I was unhappy with the change. Even mentioned how my mom and I were thinking about quitting bc of it. Which, is just a threat. But it's really got me mad.
catahoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #14  

Catahoula sorry about your meeting. That is frustrating! Recently the leader at my original meeting cut back to only one meeting and our meeting got cancelled. So I have had to find a new meeting which is hard with my work schedule.

DJ
Congratulations on minimal gain from on the cruise. I am going on a cruise in June and I hope it doesn't slow down my weight loss 2 bad.

Mercuryblue sorry about the gain. Just keep tracking and it will come off. Even the contestants on Biggest Loser have weeks were they gain, and they have all the help in the world. Sometimes your body just has to re-adjust.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #15  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Mercuryblue, wow, I red your thing about the weather and the body ''soaking up'' and I just laughed SO MUCH lol! I'm doing a graduate degree right now in human biology and it just makes non sense. The WW mentor are doing AWESOME job, but something if you don't know how to explain something, just say nothing lol!!! (I just saw, you're from Ottawa!!! This is such a charming town!!!) But keep up the good work, and the 0,5 pounds will go away in no time

I hope everyone's having a good weekend!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote