General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 141.8/136.6/110?

Height: 5'4

Default Bored at Work

Does anyone else get bored at work? I work in an office-actually a funeral home-I'm the secretary there and sometimes I get so bored I could scream. I guess that's why I'm on here so much. My husband works construction, and he has no concept of getting bored at work. But, I try to do little things to fill my time, but I don't want my boss to see me printing recipes, and looking at coupons What do y'all do to fill the time?
runningfrom140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Yep, there are days when I get bored. I work in a small office and we all just stay in our offices. Shush, don't tell but I have started watching shows online, I use earbuds so the sound does not bother other people. I get my work done but sometimes, I am just too efficent for my own good.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I read also. I go around online, I write in my blog, I check out other blogs, I talk with coworkers, etc. Seriously every day it's like a 1-2 hour "break" just talking with coworkers each morning!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

All the time.

I'm a 911 operator/dispatcher so if there's no phone calls, there's no work, and it's not like you can just get up and go clean something during downtime LOL.

I read magazines, browse 3FC or other sites, lots of girls do knitting, we gossip, etc. It's one of the few jobs where you aren't allowed to keep busy with other 'work' so you just sit and wait. At 3am, it can be boring. At 3pm, you're head might be spinning!

Love it!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #5  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I am at work now. I just woke up long enough to read your post. I am BORED a lot. But luckily I have fun coworkers that I can goof around with during the day to break up the monotony. And I'm going to take a gander at the fact that you can't exactly "whoop it up" at a funeral home. :-( Do you have an iphone or andoid? Those are fun to have around as you can play the countless games you can download. It keeps your hands free from wanting to stick no-no foods into your mouth. Also keeps your mind off the fact there is a bakery down the street.

Just sayin'.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Who me? Bored at Work?...Of Course this is me! That's why I'm on boards, reading the news, fiddling on my iphone and even chatting on the phone. I get busy in spurts and when I get busy I usually do everything so I don't have stuff on my desk. So it's quite a bit of down time. I'm working on my Master's too so I do a bit of school work too.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. I work from home so I can do some cleaning and stuff, but it's hard because my mom is watching my little ones upstairs so if they see me out of my office, it's all "mommy mommy mommy!!" and that's when of course a customer calls. So I am online a lot!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5

I guess having no work at a funeral home can be seen as a good thing
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #9  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Boredom at work is a daily for me . . . I always seem to have this 15 minutes every couple of hours where I can't start something new because it's held up somewhere in the chain, or there's no point starting something because i'll be in a meeting in 10 minutes.
Gotta love the net for moments like that . . . .
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 141.8/136.6/110?

Height: 5'4

Thank God for this site or I'd be about 10,000 pounds I just get so bored, and I used to eat. Now, I don't do that-that's a good thing-but I still get bored. It's nice going on here though. At least I have y'all to talk to, and my co-workers too. We all get bored. One of my co-workers said he was so bored one time that he thought his blood had stopped in his veins-lol. A funeral home's not the most happening place around especially when we're dead (insert corny laugh here)
runningfrom140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #11  

I go to game websites, like: fog.com
and my job is so boring, that sometimes I get bored playing games there.
And I only work part time!!!
PS: make sure to turn the volume OFF
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #12  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

me too. not only that- but lots of sites are blocked at work so that we aren't doing things like playing games online or reading message boards. 3fc. reddit. and playing angry birds on my phone. flipping through magazines.
most of the time i'm busy but sometimes even when i'm supposed to be busy my mind is just... DONE. i email my coworkers a lot.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #13  

PS: I forgot!!! Facebook helps a lot too!!!! LOL
And I even have another network website that I belong to... Orkut.com
Where I can talk to all my friends from Brazil!!!!

Last edited by belezura; 05-18-2011 at 02:31 PM.
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #14  
On a weight loss journey

Height: 5'2"

I'm bored right now. I work from home as a writer and I am avoiding the particular article I'm writing, so I've been wasting time here and on FB, but I've wasted so much time that I'm now bored! Oh well, back to the article...
HappilyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #15  

I'm a medical typist and I've recently come into some trouble for being too bored at work. We're supposed to do 80 minutes of dictation a night, but if I work fast I can get as much as 116 done. Consequently, I get bored and I'm often on the internet too much which has caused some angst with my coworkers. Also, because I rushed to get quota, my accuracy fell a bit (3%).

I hate being bored at work, but this job is just NOT that interesting. After 5 years, there really isn't much I haven't heard of or had to type up.

I'm trying to find a new, less-boring job, but so far no luck
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote