General chatter - Hello, my name is mare and I'm a fabricaholic.

cbmare
05-17-2011, 04:58 PM
I've been visiting the Fons & Porter page on FB. There were at a show recently. Oh my, the beautiful projects and fabric they are posting is making me weaken. My stash is full, but.......

geoblewis
05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Ahhh, a quilter. I don't do quilting, but I too am a fabriholic! I go nuts when I get my Thai Silks fabric club swatches. And I'm considering remodeling a storage building behind my house to turn into my textile studio. I've been collecting as long as I can remember.

I look forward to going through my stash and making lovely things for me to wear...wishing I actually had the time to sew. Maybe after the kids have moved out. And I'm done with school. And I've written the great American novel. Or I'll just be buried with it all!

cbmare
05-17-2011, 06:38 PM
I do more than quilting. As soon as I'm done with the quilts for my new twin granddaughters, I'm going back to a reverse applique that has been patiently waiting for almost a year.

cbmare
05-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Ahhh, a quilter. I don't do quilting, but I too am a fabriholic! I go nuts when I get my Thai Silks fabric club swatches. And I'm considering remodeling a storage building behind my house to turn into my textile studio. I've been collecting as long as I can remember.

I look forward to going through my stash and making lovely things for me to wear...wishing I actually had the time to sew. Maybe after the kids have moved out. And I'm done with school. And I've written the great American novel. Or I'll just be buried with it all!

I got a message on FB from Kona Bay Fabrics. I'd never heard of them. I went onto their page and am now drooling and panting.

I am stuck with the smallest bedroom for my craft room. We have a wall bed in there so there is more room for my chair and stash boxes.

You have a whole storage building? I hate you! I'm so jealous. Where are you? It might not be comfy during certain parts of the year.

Beck
05-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Add another fabricaholic to your list. Is there really such a thing as a full stash? Nope, didn't think so!

Beck
05-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Oooh, and twin granddaughters- how wonderful. I have 5 year old twin girls; it's such a lovely blessing!

cbmare
05-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Oooh, and twin granddaughters- how wonderful. I have 5 year old twin girls; it's such a lovely blessing!

Yep. They are 3 - 4 months younger than my great granddaughter. LOL.

MIMI 193
05-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm a cushion and throw aholic ..why do women have these addictions...is it a feathering the nest instinct..i'm just drawn to cosy throws and plump cushions !