Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 09:51 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #262

WELCOME !!!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!
Old 01-03-2003, 09:54 PM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking I DID IT !!!!!

I did it !!!! I did it !!!!
I stayed on program and did NOT eat dessert or baked potato or bread or the breading on the onions. I did peel off all the breading and ate about a dozen onion "slivers". I drank 2-3 large glasses of water and ate only 2/3 of my steak. Oh yes... I ate my whole salad. I did it !!!!

I am confident again that I am back on track. My daughters got a Brownie Blast and a Key Lime Pie. I just sat back and enjoyed the good feeling of staying on program. I did not even want to cheat.
Hip hip hooray for me. LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-03-2003 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Way to go 2 cute. By the way, I forgot to mention to you after I got your Christmas card. My anniversary is the same day as your birthday. Pretty cool. I think this is going to be the year for all of us chickies. I have a good feeling about it. Everyone seems to be on track right now. Let's keep it that way. So far, I've been op. I'm starting back on my exercise routine on Monday. WATP 3 mile Mon, Wed, and Fri and thew 2 mile on Tues and Thurs. I don't plan anything specific for the weekends since I usually work. My goal is to try to lose at least 5 lbs per month. I think that is reasonable. And if more pounds want to leave my body, all the better. Well gotta go for now.
Steph
Old 01-04-2003, 08:00 AM   #4  
I'm on my way!

Good morning Chickiepoos!!

I had a great op day yesterday....I did end up eating a little more last night but still have 4 points banked!

2Cute...hip hip horay for you! Doesn't feel good to be able to NOT let food control us! I hate food right now! I am sipping a 16 oz glass of ice water as I get me and Andrew ready today. I have to work but he is staying home with his daddy today!! They get some bonding time every other weekend!!

Anyways you all...I will be back tonight after work! I must jump in the shower right now!!

TTFN Michelle
Old 01-04-2003, 08:40 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Good going 2cute.
We are going in to the coty today to price doors.
Be back later
Old 01-04-2003, 09:33 AM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

Default Good morning my lovelies!

Unfortunately, I don't have time for a big huge post this morning, because I'm at ol' crappy work. I have a ton of things to say to Duckie, I just don't have time to say them right now. I do have time though to say.........Duckie, no matter what size you are, you are worthy of love and deserve better than what you seem to be getting. Search your heart and soul sweetie and try to not let money be a deciding factor. Because in the end, when it's all said and done.......money doesn't matter. What matters is what is truly felt and how we treated one another. Being a child that grew up in a home with a loveless marriage, (with my Mom & Dad) I can remember days on end when I was very young, sitting on the bed next to my Mom as she was crying.......begging her to leave my Dad. Because he made not only us miserable, he made her miserable and because she could not take out her anger and frustration on him, I usually got that from her. I remember thinking I would have rather grown up eating pea soup everyday and living in a tiny shack and have had some happiness growing up than to have lived in the big house I called my home. Sometimes "staying for the child" is not actually the best decision to make. Please think it over and know we are all here for you.

Geez........I knew when I got started, I couldn't just type a little on that subject.

So, onto my quick post: First of all, I am happy to report I am still OP! I am doing really good with my eating and drinking water, but I need to put a little more effort into the exercise portion. We had company over last night and they stayed pretty late, so I didn't get a chance to do my video and I really wanted to do that. I try to exercise at least every other day and I hate that I missed yesterday. BUT that was yesterday and I will be doing some major exercise when I get home from work!

Well ladies, I am hopping off for now and I hope you all have an awesome day!!

P.S. Other than a trip to Walmart for some healthy goodies, I should be home the rest of the evening and I would love to chat, if you guys have that on schedule!! Let me know.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:00 AM   #7  
a work in progress...

Default Yay! It's Saturday!

Good Morning, pretty ladies...

I'm just having a sip of coffee as I catch up on reading the posts...do you know that this is the first thing I do when I get up in the morning? (Welllllll...maybe not the very first thing, but close!) I come in, turn on the computer, make the coffee...tidy up a little, while I wait for the coffee, then sit and have a cup (or three) with all of you!

Confession time: I had a FABULOUS first day. I had 2 crappy days after that! Well, maybe not totally, but food wise...not great. I WAS SO HUNGRY! As I was eating, uncontrollably, I might add...I thought what the heck is wrong with me??? Why am I doing this? And it occurred to me...not that I want to place blame elsewhere for my actions, but I had to start up again on Prednisone, because my eczema went into hyper-overdrive and and it looked like I had some sort of allergic reaction to SOMETHING (still not sure what) so much that I was covered with itchy, raised spots...yeah, what a sight! At least it wasn't on my face! I had to see the doctor on Monday. I did continue to exercise...but I was ravenous! Having my period didn't help, I'm sure. Anyway, there were two days of bad choices and I'm now back on track. I wasn't going to share that, thinking, "Oh I'll just get past that and move on," but as 2cute said yesterday..."you are as fat as you are secretive." Oh my Lord, that makes so much sense to me! So much of my eating is/has been done secretly! NO MORE SECRETS!!!! I am weaning myself off the Pred...I don't like taking it...I think that my following a healthy food plan and drinking lots of water, CONSISTENTLY, my skin will improve considerably.

Come to think of it, I only missed one day of exercise all week, that was yesterday, but I'll count wrestling with the Christmas tree, moving furniture and lugging boxes around some form of physical activity! So, it hasn't been a total loss of a week and I just jumped on the scale to reaffirm, and find that I am actually a pound LESS than Wednesday! So...I guess my lesson learned is that despite some setbacks, ALL IS NOT LOST!!! This "all or nothing" attitude is something to get past! Life happens and everyday is not going to be perfect! That's OK!!! Do your best (Scout motto!) and move on...

somebody knock her off the soapbox, PLEASE!

Wow...I sure ramble, don't I? No more coffee for Kat!

Moving on...

2cute! Good for you! Your enthusiasm is infectious! You are one strong woman to resist those desserts! But it DOES feel good, doesn't it? I am so proud of you!

Michelle Good job, re-joining WW! I will be counting points right along side you...I'm trying to "low carb/WW." (8 point bkfst today---and NO bread!)

Baylee Please don't let nosy relatives keep you away! Why don't they just join in the fun? Or BEAT IT!

Tina I was just re-reading posts to catch up, and you reminded me to drink more water...thanks, I just filled my cup! When's racing season start again?

Good grief...once again...I have taken WAY too much time here...gotta get moving! I'm going to Curves while son is at Karate...must get dressed! See you all later... Any one chatting tonight???

Last edited by katrinabgood; 01-04-2003 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:25 AM   #8  

Just a quickie...

Way to go 2cute...I am proud of you.

Steph, Michelle & Mary - you are doing good too.

Kat, wrestling is definately exercise.. Can you describe your eczema(in a PM if you prefer ) because we thought we had it in our family but now have been told it is really psoriasis.

Baylee, Baylee...I want to come with you to Barnes and Noble.....I love that place along with Borders and any other book store on the planet.

I will be ready to chat...6pm Central; 7pm Eastern....everyone else whatever that is in your neck of the woods.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:08 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Boy...traffic is very light today...

I'm still OP...no exercise yet though...hmmm....a walk may be in order. I tried to go to Curves earlier, they told me they were closed. If the owner was there, she would have let me work out. It was actually about 20 min before closing time, but since a cycle is 30min long, I guess that would have meant the chick would have had to stick around an extra 10 minutes! I will get something done before the night is over.

My Christmas decorations are all put away, the house is fairly clean, the laundry is done, I have dinner in the crockpot...dh just called from work, telling me about some football game that's on tonight... I'd say that's a green light to CHAT!

I have absolutely nothing interesting to report, so I'll just say bye for now.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:25 PM   #10  

I read this in a book:
Quote:
For love, for someone who would judge her far less harshly than she judged herself. For the first time in a long while she felt an acute stab of longing for her father, who had solved all her childish problems with a hug and a kiss and a stick of Juicy Fruit gum.
I am the oldest therefore always in charge since I was nine. I have always been responsible to the point of boring. In all of my relationships (husband, live in, and a few others in-between) I fiercely held my responsible ground. (hmmm, maybe why the relationships didn't work? Well, that and everything they did wrong!!!

Now, I feel to overwhelmed and to tired to be responsible anymore. When I read "a hug and a kiss and a stick of Juicy Fruit gum" it sounded so comforting.

2Cute I need to sit on your lap again.

I am doing good on the diet front. Everyone must be busy today. I did laundry, washed dishes and read…so far that's it. Okay, I have been drinking a lot today, too. I actually think I have started to (dare I say) enjoy all this water. It's probably what this dry skin has been waiting for.!!!!!
Old 01-04-2003, 07:47 PM   #11  

Angry Hey Chickies!

Just popping in quick to let you all know I haven't dropped off the face of the planet! Just haven't been too chatty in the last couple of days but all is well!

Hubby's waiting for me! Back in a bit!

Sara
Old 01-04-2003, 08:09 PM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy Waaaaa

I went into chat and no one is there! Well phooey. I just hopped in for a minute, because I am starving and am heading to the kitchen to fix me some dinner. I just wanted to say to 2cute, I got that fish you were talking about at Walmart and it cost me $3.63. I know yours only cost $1.99. Go figure. I'm having some for dinner and I'll let you know how it goes.

I will rate it with a if I don't like it, or a if I do. Of course, you and I are so much alike, I'm sure I will love it.

Be back in a bit!
Old 01-04-2003, 08:58 PM   #13  

We were there Tina....Mary, Baylee, Michelle, 2Cute, Kat

(ask Kat about her night after the movie)
Old 01-04-2003, 09:05 PM   #14  

Sara, we talked about you in chat....worried about where you were because we all miss your posts so much.

All week whenever I had a temptation I just remembered your picture...and it pulled me through.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2003, 11:08 PM   #15  
Progress..not perfection

Default Ok, I'm confused now.....

Were you guys chatting here at 3FC or on the My Family.com site? I clicked on "chat" at the top and the applet loaded and then I had a choice of two rooms to go into. "Sugarbusters" or "Chitchat" and I went into "Chitchat" and no one was there. I'm so confused. PLEASE HELP! Tell me what I did wrong. I missed you guys so much! I mean, I didn't get to come in until 8:04 est. but you guys were still there weren't you?

Ok, I'll stop moaning about that for now, but seriously, what did I miss and tell me what to do to NOT miss it again!

Now, 2cute: I have to tell you about the Tilapia............it was And believe it or not, I am not a fishy type girl, but it was great. And I wasn't even all fancy with it or nothing..........I put a little bit of Pam in in a nonstick skillet and seasoned it really well, and cooked it slow and turned it occasionally with the lid on. It was absolutely awesome! I had it, with a pretty good size salad, with some FF blue cheese dressing and some green beans and believe it or not ladies, I had a delicious meal for only 3 points! Yummy.......

Lucky: I know there's always room for you in 2cute's lap, but my granny gave me a big ol' rocker that she used to rock me to sleep in when I was a little girl and your more than welcome to sit beside me anytime and we can rock together.

Ok, I know I haven't personally addressed everyone else tonight, but you know I love you ALL with all my heart, but simply put......I am pooped and would like to get to bed before it starts getting light outside.

Ok, maybe that was an exageration, but I would just simply like to get some decent rest tonight.........although that not be possible because dh has requested a big n tasty tonight. Yeah, I know...........too much info, but I'm quite sure I got a big smile out of Kat, and possibly a few more of you.

I'll see you sweeties tomorrow........it's off to the trenches!!!
Closed Thread