Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 328/322/175

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Feeling Blue :(

The results from my blood tests came in today. My glucose is too high, 98, triglycerides too high, 214, and it's causing non-alcoholic fatty liver. My Dr. said that weight watchers is good but that I need to be more on a Mediterranean style diet for my body. What upsets me the most is that when I called hubby and told him that the blood tests didn't come back well he simply stated "well you know what do then right?" No, what's wrong. Or what did they show. I'm feeling very hurt and alone because of this. I told him that I wanted something that showed more concern or support and he basically stated that he can't do anything to fix it right now so he doesn't see the point. Both my mom and my grandmother are terrible hypochondriacs and I'm scared that other people will just see me like them. On the bright side my hdl and ldl are actually quite good and my ekg came back very good too.
Sparkly Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I'm sorry Sparkly. Some people just don't know how to respond. Especially some men when it comes to losing weight. They have NO idea just how much of an impact it is to women. They don't feel what we feel. But either way, I'm sorry he wasn't more supportive of your news. I'm sure once it sinks in he'll be there for you! And also, when people feel fear (such as your news from the doctor), all rationale goes out the window.

I am sorry that you didn't get the best of results but you CAN turn this around! It cannot get worse. Only BETTER!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I don't think your husband was being insensitive, men are do-ers (in general, I know my husband certainly is!) and when presented with a problem their brains immediately go to 'how to solve/fix/get beyond this'. You have a problem, whatever it is, there must be a solution. When I read your post I actually thought the same thing . Talking about it doesnt help, commiserating won't heal your body. If that is what you want from him (or us!) then say so at the outset, that you just want a hug and encouragement, so you don't get reactions you weren't looking for.

Sympathy has a place, as does a listening ear, and they are important. But in the end, they aren't going to improve your health - Action will!

Take action, change this for yourself, save your health while things are still in good shape to be turned around. You've lost some weight already, that is AWESOME! Keep plugging away at it and shed those pounds

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 05-17-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote