Chicks up for a Challenge - Midsummer Madness Challenge (End of July)

josey
05-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi everybody,

I thought I start a new challenge to make sure I (i.e. we) keep losing weight. Anybody interested?

Timeline: end of July (31st or your closest weigh in date)
Goal: anything you think you can reach
Progress: post as often as you want but I recommend at least once a week at your weigh in.

Good luck chickies!

josey
05-16-2011, 12:45 PM
My challenge details are:

Timeline: July 31
Start weight: 198 lbs
Goal weight: 183 lbs

GettinFit
05-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Josey I'll join you in this challenge.

My goal is to:
1. Stay committed
2. Continue working out (Walking & The Firm)
3. Continue to lose weight and inches each week
4. Continue to post daily
4. Stay on track each weekend.

Emme
05-16-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm in! July 31st is my goal deadline. I don't think I am going to hit it by July 31st, but never say never (insert Justin Bieber song). :)

Start weight: 179 on 5/16
Goal weight: 165

runningfrom140
05-16-2011, 01:54 PM
I would like to join the challenge-but I only weigh myself about once a month. Would that be ok? Then I would weigh again probably July 1 and then July 31?

amandie
05-16-2011, 02:18 PM
I am in! Thanks, Josey!

Start weight: 194 lbs
Goal weight: 180 lbs

josey
05-16-2011, 02:50 PM
I would like to join the challenge-but I only weigh myself about once a month. Would that be ok? Then I would weigh again probably July 1 and then July 31?

Absolutely!! Glad you are joining us!

runningfrom140
05-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I am excited to be doing this. I know it will keep me motivated!

Timeline: July 31 (11 weeks)
Start Weight: 136.6 pounds
Goal Weight: 130 pounds

I will weigh in on July 1st and July 31st! I hope I do it-I'm so excited!!

GettinFit
05-17-2011, 09:47 AM
I hope everyone is off to a great start :cb: I've had 2 really good days and am looking forward to a great one today.

Let's all stay 100% OP today.

amandie
05-17-2011, 12:58 PM
192.4 this am! Whoo-hoooooooooo. 15% gone since January!

Emme
05-18-2011, 09:51 AM
My weekend calorie splurge weight is gone, so I am very thankful for that. How is everyone else doing?

josey
05-18-2011, 10:35 AM
This is great guys! Thanks for joining. I am sure we can all benefit from the challenge. I at least find them super motivating! Good luck to everybody!

Emme, wow 97 lbs lost? NICE!! I will keep my fingers crossed that you reach your goal by end of this challenge. Then we celebrate with you ... virtually :-)

GettinFit
05-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Good morning everyone,

Glad that we're all doing so good!

Josey - you've done a great job losing 39 pounds yourself! I can't wait 'til I get back to onederland.

Emme - I'm glad your weekend splurge weight is gone :carrot: You're on your way to that 100 pound mark now.

My day is going good. I hope to get in a nice long walk today. I've been doing the FIRM workouts but my body is a bit sore so I think it will be walking for me today.

Have a great day everyone.

runningfrom140
05-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Just wanted to check in and weigh in:) I was 133.8 yesterday morning!!! Super excited! Maybe I'll see 125 by July 31st. Who knows?

shishkeberry
05-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Mind if I join? I think I need a challenge to keep up my motivation. I'm at 287 right now so I'm challenging myself to make it to 270 by July 31. I keep telling myself that I'm only going to weigh myself weekly, but I can't stop myself from doing it daily :-P

josey
05-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Good job, runningfrom140! My weigh in is on Sunday. I peeked this morning and the scale was looking good :-)

Welcome to the challenge shishkeberry!

shishkeberry
05-21-2011, 10:13 AM
I think I'm off to a good start.. I'm down about six lbs this week :)

Emme
05-21-2011, 10:55 AM
I think I'm off to a good start.. I'm down about six lbs this week :)

You think you are off to a good start?!?! I'd say that's a pretty awesome start!! :bravo:

shishkeberry
05-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Ha thanks :) i honestly didn't even try that hard. All i did was cut out soda and tea and start a food diary.

josey
05-22-2011, 09:48 AM
195lbs this morning. That was a great week. I just have to keep going like that.

April Snow
05-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Can I join in?

I'm coming in a little bit late but I was looking for a challenge that hadn't started too long ago that I could join. I started on 5/22 - plan to WI on Sundays, so 7/31 is exactly 10 weeks, which seems like a perfect challenge/commitment!

josey
05-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Totally! Welcome to the challenge April Snow!

April Snow
05-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks Josey, I'm IN then!

Start weight: 261 lbs
Goal: 10 weeks on plan/241 lbs

Emme
05-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Good morning, ladies! I WI at 173.0 (Fridays are my official WI days), so I have another 8 pounds to go to get to goal. I hope you are all doing great! :)

shishkeberry
05-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Only 9 lbs to midsummer goal! I'm out of the 280's!

josey
05-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Good job guys!
I might hit a stall this week since we bought a new scale. Ohoh. It is about 4lbs off and not the direction I would like to see!!! So my goal for this week is to hit the 195lbs again on the new scale! At least I have some weeks left to get to the goal!

runningfrom140
05-27-2011, 02:07 PM
We're all doing so great. I'm so proud of y'all. I'll check in after my TOM for another official weigh in!!

April Snow
05-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Some great progress here, congrats everyone!!

And Josey, I hear you on the scale, I went through that once too. Frustrating but you know it's just a number and not a real gain!

josey
05-27-2011, 11:03 PM
April Snow, you are right. And I keep the old one around just in case I need some encouragement ;-)

StNessa79
05-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi! I used to be a regular for these types of challenges about 2 years ago. I'm back and need the support, so can I join in? I'm going through a lot of life changes right now & would love to be focused on getting myself back to healthy!

josey
05-28-2011, 04:06 PM
You bet! And welcome back to the board!

JOLINA
05-28-2011, 04:24 PM
:wave:
HI! I'll join with all of you to lose weight by the 31st of July.
I won't be in a bikini by then, but next year at this time I hope to be.
:goodvibes

I have to get off the computer right now and and cut my grass before we get another rainstorm. The clouds are rolling in again. We have had so much rain this year that my grass is almost 8" tall.
:rain:

But I will take the time to tell you that I probably will lose only 8 pounds by the 31st.
I lose weight ever soooo slowly. About 1 pound per week. I count my calories.
I am sure a lot of you will double that.
:snail:

Best of luck to all of you on the new challenge!
:hug:

StNessa79
05-28-2011, 05:36 PM
<phew> I just got done doing Bob's yoga DVD. I just started this week and this is my third time doing it but only my first time completing it! The first night I managed 30 mins, the second nite 40 & then this afternoon the full 60 mins! I have really enjoyed it and so my goal (and it's a big one) is to stick with yoga, learn and practice it as much as possible so then maybe one day I can teach it! But really I want to teach it to kids. I'm a beginning preschool teacher and this week I started doing some of the simple poses with my class and they really seemed to like it. I looked up a kids yoga DVD online so I'm thinking of ordering it and doing some more poses with my class. :) Then one day it'd be great if I could teach a weekend class at a park district or something similar. High ambitions for someone who just started yoga this week, I know but I really enjoyed it. I thought I was going to die the first day but I'm still alive and feel great! I know I have 50 lbs I need to lose to get to my goal but I haven't really put much thought into how I'm going to accomplish that. I went grocery shopping today at Trader Joe's and tried to stick with healthy, organic, no preservatives, etc... so that's a start. Then with the yoga and maybe some pilates in another week or so I think I'll start to see some changes. As I'm writing this I realize I sound a little hippie dippie. Organic.... yoga.... LOL! But it's good for you! I didn't take care of myself for too long while I was married. I was always last. Now I'm single again and I'm not horribly old so it's time I start taking care of this body! I need to look good for the hopeful dating that will come along with my new confidence :) SO... now that I've rambled... my goal for this challenge is 10 lbs. I'm not going to stress about it, I'm just going to be mindful of what I eat and how often I am moving my body. Good luck to everyone!

April Snow
05-29-2011, 09:47 AM
My first week update

Start weight: 261 lbs
Current status: 1 week on plan/255.4

josey
05-29-2011, 10:07 AM
#%$& that new scale! I am officially 2lbs up! (Not on the old scale though) Oh well, I hope I can catch up next Sunday.

StNessa79
05-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Good luck Josey!
I need to get a scale. Any suggestions on some good ones?

I just got done working out. I did Walk and Shapeup. My arms are still shaking! Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

josey
05-29-2011, 10:26 PM
I bought this one: http://www.amazon.ca/Weight-Watchers-WW71C-Electronic-Scale/dp/B004RDQ77G/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1306722296&sr=8-16

I really like the features but I not how much I weight on it ;-) At least it is consistent. My problem with the old one was that you step on it 5 times and get 5 different results. No more with the new one. It also has a feature that shows you whether you are in the centre of the scale.

StNessa79
05-30-2011, 12:16 AM
I'll have to look into that one. The price isn't horrible & it'd be nice to have something consistent. I'm just afraid what it'd say I weigh... ah!

amandie
05-31-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm backkkkk... :welcome: to the newcomers!!

That's exactly why I'm scared to get a new scale, Josey! Haha.

I'm up a bit from my lastlast weigh-in: 194 from 192.4 (1.6lb gain) which is okay with me considering what I've been eating and drinking for the last 2 weeks. I'm back on track today, though! ;)

I just bought this very basic points app for .99 cents on my blackberry phone (DWpts Accumulator). You just enter how many DP you get and your WPA, when your restart day is, how many points to go up by, etc. It will show you your stats whether it be daily, weekly or monthly, etc. Can go back up to 53 weeks. Love it and much easier than writing it down on paper, ha

Hope all is doing well!!!!!

April Snow
06-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi Amandie and everyone! Hope everyone's been having a great week!

bama girl
06-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Ooh, I want in! I'm participating in so many challenges right now, but it's helping me stay accountable... and posting here instead of eating a snack when I have downtime is helpful too.

My goal for July 31 is to be out of the 120's. I'll be checking in often.

JOLINA
06-02-2011, 07:21 AM
I have lost another pound this past week. I see more weight loss in my neck and shoulders.
I am making slow progress. But I should lose up to 50 pounds a year, so I am happy with that.

The rain has stopped and none is expected here for the next week.
That will give me a chance to catch up on more outdoor chores ...which means more exercize.

I've got 2 6' tall mulberry trees to plant & stake today and a few hostas...all large plants. It is very tiring to put those huge, heavy plants in the ground, then move 80 pounds of compost and 40 pounds of mulch. That should count for a lot of calories used up.
(Did you know that mulberries are $18 a pound? YIKES!)

I just found out mulberries help prevent wrinkles and grey hair, so that is a plus.

:)

bama girl
06-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Jolina - Congrats on your loss!!

I got a bit too friendly with a block of cheese last night and ate 480 calories worth of it for no reason, but I think I've done worse than that many times. I'm ready to move on and just watch it next time.

Despite the cheese incident, I still lost 1.2 lbs overnight for a weigh-in of 132.6, which I think can be owed to the amount of water I've been drinking. I think it will level off soon.

JOLINA
06-02-2011, 08:30 PM
BAMAGIRL:
Your weight is coming off. That's great!
I love cheese too much also. So I just can't buy it. But I make my own kefir. I just add the culture to my milk and wait 24 hours. It makes a yogurt like drink without any additional calories. And it is loaded with over 50 different kinds of probiotics.
And it kills my appetite somewhat.

StNessa79
06-02-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm so very sleepy but I am going to be get myself to do some yoga tonite. I've been okay with eating. I did have 2 oreos on my break this afternoon which if you think about it isn't bad since there were 2 open bags in front of me in the break room. I'm starving right now and waiting on dinner. My roommate made a chicken stir fry so I'll be eating that soon. I need to catch up on my water. I haven't had any yet today and normally that's all I drink. A friend of mine went dress shopping today and was disappointed so I may have myself a yoga partner soon. I told her she'd get addicted! Hope everyone is having a good week!

KMS83
06-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post on 3fc and I thought this would be a great challenge to start with. I'm going to make my midsummer madness goal 15 lbs. Wish me luck.:smug:

bama girl
06-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Welcome!! Good luck with reaching your goal... you can do it!

April Snow
06-03-2011, 12:28 PM
congrats on the losses, Jolina and bama girl!!!!

I'm down 1.4 so far, hoping for a little more before my official WI on Sunday.

and welcome KMS83!!!

StNessa79
06-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Hey all!

Congrats on everyone who is having success already this summer! Welcome to all the new members :)

I've been a slacker this week but today I woke up and got myself to do my 1 hr yoga! Hooray me!! Now lets just see if I can keep this up!

amandie
06-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi all! Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!! I peeked on the scale today and saw 191.4lbs! I'm soooo happy and am hoping hard that it'll be the same or less come Tuesday's official weigh-in. :carrot: I have not been this low in YEARS and all of a sudden my clothes are fitting (alot?) more loose than they were 2 weeks ago. Maybe my body finally caught up to the loss? Anyway, just wanted to share my happy news! :carrot:

Good for you, Nessa! Do keep it up because it really does change how you feel overall. I really need to get back to working out again as soon as my ankle gets better or strong enough to do the 30 day shred again (sprained it badly when I tripped on vacation, ughhh.)

April, BamaGirl and Jolina- Congrats on your losses!

Welcome, KMS83- good luck on your goal, you can do it!

April Snow
06-05-2011, 10:29 AM
This weeks update.

Start weight: 261 lbs (May 22)
Current status: 2 weeks on plan/252.6 (-2.8 for the week)

StNessa79
06-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Congrats Amandie & April!! Keep up the good work :)

Last night I surprised myself and did the 30 Day Shred... I wanted to die but I made it thru! My goal: to make this a permanent lifestyle change! Total workout time for yesterday 1 hr and 20 mins.

amandie
06-05-2011, 01:33 PM
That is so great, April and Nessa!

Another sneaky peek on the scale this am- 189.6 then 190.6 but hey it's lower than 191.4! Hehe :carrot: I am eating OP with WW so far but workout/exercise? Ehhhh.

josey
06-05-2011, 09:00 PM
@amandie amazing!!! I will so keep my fingers crossed for Tuesday!

I have to whine here a bit too (I already did on the Canada Day challenge thread, so if you are on both, I am sorry!)
My stupid new scale is just killing me!!! I lost 2lbs which is actually just the gain from last week. However, I checked on the old scale too and I lost 4.4lbs on that one! WTF?? I can see how a new scale measures a heavier weight but a different loss amount is odd, isn't it? I HATE the new scale. Grrrrrr.
Well, I guess I have to get used to a slower pace anyways since I am almost at my lowest weight ever and I expect it to really slow down now. Boohooo!
Because I was a little depressed with the whole scale thing, I took measurements a week early. I usually measure every 4 weeks but I needed a little pick-me-up and holyyy was it ever a good one. In the last three weeks I lost 1.5 inch on my chest, belly AND hips. And I mean each i.e. a total of 4.5 inches. YYYYAAAYYY!
I was wondering what's going on since my jeans just started to fall off me last week. So I went and bought a new Tommy Hilfiger (outlet because I hope I need smaller ones soon again) Jeans on Saturday. It is a size 10!!! Woohooo! I tried on a size 12 and was shocked! Anyways, that was good news. Especially seeing the measurements turn out that great, I guess I am ok with my Sunday :-)
Oh and I am back with C25k. I took a week off since my leg hurt but now I am feeling 100% again. I actually missed running last week. The workout today however was tough! But I finished it!

Ok, enough about me.

I hope everybody had a great weekend & have a great week chickies!

StNessa79
06-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Congrats amandie & josey! Losing is losing and new sizes, AWESOME!

I worked out again today and have been eating well. So I feel this weekend was a good one. I'm trying to make plans for yoga with a friend of mine for Tuesday evening. I would love to have a workout partner. I still don't have a scale or measuring tape so as far as I know there has been no change. But I'm okay with that. I'm just really focusing on my eating/working out. I have high hopes for this summer!

Good luck to everyone on the upcoming week!

amandie
06-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Josey- Thank you for :crossed:! I'm soo happy for you!! :hug: :hug: Glad to hear you're feeling better with your leg. My ankle is alright but I think I will just do weight/resistance training and some balance ball stuff to stay off of it so I can be 100% when I start 30 Day Shred again. I'm gonna be sad about the slow pace as well!

Nessa- Thanks! Having a workout partner really helps! I hope you and your friend are able to do yoga together. :)

Have a great week, all!

amandie
06-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi! Am reporting today's weigh-in- 191.2! 1.2 lbs less than I was when I left for Illinois on May 18th (192.4) Not too bad but I've gotta get my butt moving if I want to make goal of 180 by end of July!!

Have a great day, all of you!

April Snow
06-07-2011, 01:50 PM
congrats on the losses (weight, inches and clothing sizes!!!) and for staying on plan!

April Snow
06-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Happy Wednesday everyone - halfway to the weekend!! Hope everyone is having a great week and staying on plan with eating and workouts!

josey
06-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Great stuff, guys!!!
C25K almost killed me today! However, I killed it and didn't give up! Totally exhausted now and it better be a good weigh in on Sunday. I deserve it ;-)
We all deserve it!

Emme
06-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Just popping in to say hello! Sounds like everyone is doing awesome! WI for me is tomorrow...I like WI on Fridays because it forces me to be accountable throughout the whole week -- Thursdays used to be the day that I'd eat a lot because the next day was Friday and I was ready for the work week to be over, so it was like a celebration day! :) I actually have something to focus on now that my WI day is Friday!

Aunty Jam
06-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Ok... I realize I'm seriously late joining this challange but you'll have to forgive me... I was in a funk and almost started thinking that it would be easier to just be fat :( Yikes! I'm going to try kick my butt in gear with a bit of a challenge, not huge, but a challenge. My weight is up but it's TOM, but we're going on a trip this weekend and will have a steak and lobster dinner, plus booze... July 31 is just over 7 weeks away..... So let's say 10 pounds? That should be do able.. ok, lets make it offiical...

Timeline: July 31 (7 weeks)
Start weight: 153 lbs
Goal weight: 143 lbs

(Btw... yes, the trip is for a celebration, our friends are getting married and it's mine and my husbands 10th wedding anniversary today. I've already planned to be way off plan - LoL.)

josey
06-09-2011, 12:11 PM
It's never too late Aunty. And please don't give up!!! You have come so far and you are sooo close!
Have fun on your trip!! Congrats on the 10 years!
I really love the idea of that wedding you are going to attend.

josey
06-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Just popping in to say hello! Sounds like everyone is doing awesome! WI for me is tomorrow...I like WI on Fridays because it forces me to be accountable throughout the whole week -- Thursdays used to be the day that I'd eat a lot because the next day was Friday and I was ready for the work week to be over, so it was like a celebration day! :) I actually have something to focus on now that my WI day is Friday!

OMG you are soooo close to 100lbs lost. WOW

Emme
06-09-2011, 01:25 PM
OMG you are soooo close to 100lbs lost. WOW

I actually hit the 100 pound loss two weeks ago when I WI at 173.0, but last week my WI was 174.2. So, I did hit 100 pounds lost already. :) But I am eager to stay at 100+ pounds!!

Welcome, Aunty!

josey
06-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Well, then it is a reason to celebrate again :-))

JOLINA
06-09-2011, 07:45 PM
The combination of counting calories and exercize has worked for me this week. I am down another pound.

And my jeans are getting so loose that I will have to find a belt to hold them up...until I shrink into the smaller size jeans.

I wish all of you the best of luck this coming week on your weight loss journeys.

Isn't it nice that just sticking to a plan has us all losing weight?

bama girl
06-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Haven't popped in here for a while, but I've lost a good amount. At 128.4 the past two days, so I only have 18 pounds 'till goal! I don't know if that will be happening in 7 weeks, but it's exciting!

Emme
06-10-2011, 09:13 AM
It sounds like everyone is doing great! I'm down 0.6 from last week. My WI at the start of the challenge was 179 and I am at 173.6, so only 8.6 more pounds to go!

April Snow
06-10-2011, 04:43 PM
congrats on all the losses - keep up the great work, everybody!!!

StNessa79
06-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Congrats everyone! It's so inspiring to see so much success! I've been super busy at work and there has been tons of food around with so many events going on. I've been trying to limit myself without denying myself. I still don't have a scale so I have no idea if I'm losing but with the long walks I've been taking my dogs on this week and the yoga (which I just completed an hour) I just feel like my tummy isn't hanging over as much. Whether that means I've lost any weight or not, I don't care! The feeling is good! Enjoy your weekends and keep up the good work!! :)

April Snow
06-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Weekly check in

Current status:
3 weeks on plan/249.6 (-3.0)
2 weeks on plan/252.6 (-2.8)
1 week on plan/255.4 (-5.6)

josey
06-12-2011, 02:43 PM
I am down one pound. :-/

April Snow
06-12-2011, 07:59 PM
I am down one pound. :-/

It beats being UP one pound!!

josey
06-12-2011, 09:42 PM
It beats being UP one pound!!

Fair enough. I guess I am too spoiled. I didn't have a stall or gain until recently. I am at my lowest weight ever so it is expected to slow down quite a bit I guess

Thanks for the reminder. Down is down!!!

StNessa79
06-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Hooray for lowest weight ever!!!

josey
06-13-2011, 10:00 AM
@StNessa79 Thank you!!!

You know guys, I really gotta say this board and especially the challenges are totally making this work for me. I love to come her and chat with you and share the experience. I think without 3FC I would have quit by now. I am at a weight that feels comfortable, all the clothes in my closet fit again and I feel great. But I am discovering a never seen before competive side now. I am doing this until I am going to reach my goal weight!! Thank you everybody!

April Snow
06-13-2011, 10:59 AM
@StNessa79 Thank you!!!

You know guys, I really gotta say this board and especially the challenges are totally making this work for me. I love to come her and chat with you and share the experience. I think without 3FC I would have quit by now. I am at a weight that feels comfortable, all the clothes in my closet fit again and I feel great. But I am discovering a never seen before competive side now. I am doing this until I am going to reach my goal weight!! Thank you everybody!

And thank you too!!

I also really like the challenge set up - esp. having it for a specific date and then having my own personal weight loss goal.

I already started to think ahead after this one - it turned out that for when I started, it was a 10 week challenge for me. So when this one ends, I was thinking of creating another challenge for 10 weeks after this one ends, which coincidentally enough goes to Oct 10 - so it will be a 10/10/10 challenge, 10 weeks on plan to get to 10/10!! (although I may try for more than 10 lbs, depending on how things are going for me at that point!)

josey
06-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Let me know when you post the challenge. I am in!!

JOLINA
06-13-2011, 11:25 AM
So when this one ends, I was thinking of creating another challenge for 10 weeks after this one ends, which coincidentally enough goes to Oct 10 - so it will be a 10/10/10 challenge, 10 weeks on plan to get to 10/10!! (although I may try for more than 10 lbs, depending on how things are going for me at that point!)

Will you call it the 10/10/10 challenge so I will notice it when it starts?
I will join it. I stick to my diet better if I am involved with a challenge.
Thanks!

Emme
06-13-2011, 11:33 AM
It sounds like everyone is doing great! Here's to an OP week! :)

April Snow
06-13-2011, 12:03 PM
I'll set up the new challenge towards the end of July and post about it here too. I'm glad that people are so interested, I think because we are all seeing the benefits of being a part of this challenge! I definitely think about "well, I'm not going to cheat because I want to get my 10 weeks on plan!" that I challenged myself to do.

JOLINA
06-15-2011, 10:24 AM
:beach:

I have lost another pound this past week. I am staying on my plan.

And I have been snacking on strawberries all week from my garden.

I just hope I don't get hives from eating so many. :sp:

A momma Robin parked her baby Robin in my yard between the strawberry patches. So I am sharing them with the little guy every day. He eats only 3 or 4 a day.
He is so uncoordinated yet, it takes him a couple of hours to get one down!

I hope all of you are able to stay on plan and lose this week.

:goodvibes

amandie
06-16-2011, 03:14 AM
Aww at the momma/baby robin story, Jolina! Congrats on your 1lb gone!

Josey- hurray for lowest weight ever! 1lb down means 1lb closer to your goal! ;)

April- I'm sooo in for the 10/10/10 challenge!

I'm down to 189.4 as of this morning! :carrot: 9.4lbs to go for this challenge! Gotta buckle down if I'm to make it.

Sending :dust: to everyone!!! Hope everyone is having a good week so far! :)

bella83
06-16-2011, 03:59 AM
Late starter here!! I am totally in...that gives me 6 weeks. I *MUST* have a stone off by then!

Start weight (16/06/11): 143lbs
Goal weight (31/07/11) : 129lbs

Let's not thing of the mountain we have to climb...but focus on how good we will *ALL* feel when we check in on July 31st with our progress. WE CAN DO IT CHICKS!!!!

April Snow
06-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Hope everyone is having a great week!! Hello bella83!

good job on the losses Jolina and amandie!!! (and so cute about the baby robin!)

josey
06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm down to 189.4 as of this morning!

OMG! You are fading away amandie! Awesome!!! Now I really have to work to catch up to you! I peeked this morning and it is looking good. I hope I can hold onto that until Sunday.

Emme
06-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Happy Friday, everyone! I WI this morning and have 5 pounds to get to my July 31st goal. I hope you are all doing great, and I hope you have an awesome weekend! :)

Dumplin
06-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Hello everyone ! So glad I found this challenge ! I so much need to be here. Six weeks to the end of July is just what I need. I will be at my goal of 199 by then. I have no excuses not to. You can count me in. Just what I soooo sooooo needed. Thanks so much. I will be checking in to report my progress.

josey
06-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Emme - you can do it!!!

Hi Dumplin, welcome to the challenge!!! Check in as often as you want! Good luck!

April Snow
06-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Weekly check in

Current status:
4 weeks on plan/247.4 (-2.2)

April Snow
06-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Congrats Emme and hello dumplin!!

josey
06-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Good job April Snow!
I feel like I am back on track after some stormy weeks. 2 pounds gone! YAY! I need one more pound to reach my Canada Day challenge and I am on track for this one.
Keep on going chickies!

April Snow
06-20-2011, 08:29 AM
thanks Josey!

and yah for getting back on track and the 2 lbs!!!

Aunty Jam
06-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Timeline: July 31 (7 weeks)
Start weight: 153 lbs (June 9th)
Goal weight: 143 lbs (-10 pounds)

June 20 - 153 :(

Ug.. my first weigh in... Oh well, between the wedding and being sick all week (actual flu, not a hang over LoL), I'm probably lucky to still be that. Still funked, still stressed and the rain just doesn't end!

amandie
06-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Aw, AuntyJam- :hugs: Better to have maintained than to have gained is what I always say! Hope you get better with your flu and stress!

Josey: so HAPPY for you!!! You're SO close to Canada Day goal. :carrot::)

Great job, Emme and AprilSnow!

:welcome: Dumplin!!

Weighed in 188lbs (lost 1.4lbs) this morning!!! :carrot: Hope all are doing well! I am trying not to get too stressed from the packing/moving, lol. One more week to get it all done then we're gone. Excited but kinda scared at the same time. Anyway, have a great week you all!

JOLINA
06-22-2011, 04:08 AM
I dropped another pound this past week. YAY! :yay:
My summer clothes are looser and more comfortable.

And with the cooler summer I am getting more of my work done.
I hope everyone has success in losing weight this coming week!

:swim:

April Snow
06-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Congrats on the losses Amandie and Jolina! And AuntyJam, sometimes maintaining is a victory!

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

josey
06-26-2011, 11:06 AM
I lost 2 lbs this week! YAY!!!! Getting closer and closer. I will update my ticker to the Midsummer Challenge this week. I also reached 20% lost.

amandie, didn't see your new profile pic until now. Nice!!! You sure pick good ones.

April Snow
06-26-2011, 11:49 AM
yay Josie!!!!

April Snow
06-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Weekly check in

Current status:
5 weeks on plan/244.0 (-3.4)

josey
06-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks April Snow! Good job on losing too! You are very close to goal already!

I updated my signature and switched the ticker from the Canada Day challenge to this challenge. 7lbs to go!

Aunty Jam
06-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Aw... thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words, unfortunately I have gained back about 8 pounds. At my lowest last summer I was 145.

I forgot to weigh this week... I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow morning, I'm sure I won't like it but I won't give any excuses. Nothing will happen without me getting off my sorry arse!

josey
06-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi Aunty!! Nice to hear from you! I am sure you will melt the 8 lbs off (and some more!) this summer!

Aunty Jam
06-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks Josey. Like I mentioned in the other thread I may have found a training partner... just as long as we actually do it! We're both lacking in the motivation department.

And yep, I weighed this morning... about the same, depends how I stand on my cheap scale.

JOLINA
06-29-2011, 06:52 AM
I am still trudging along on my diet. I lost one more pound last week.
I have lost 1/2" in my waist so far this year.
I hope to be one size smaller by the Holidays!

:snowglo:

Have a great summer, everyone!

:sunny:

josey
06-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Great stuff Jolina!! Keep on doing what you are doing!

shishkeberry
06-30-2011, 10:44 AM
I went past my goal! I wanted to be 270 by midsummer, but I've been at 268 for three days now! Woohoo! I guess my new goal will have to be 263, i think. :)

Aunty Jam
06-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Way to go shishkeberry!!!! That's awesome :D

April Snow
06-30-2011, 12:13 PM
wooohooo shishkaberry!! Fantastic!!!

Emme
07-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Everyone is doing great! I'm down to 169.8 today (my official WI day is Friday), so I really hope to make my goal of 165 by the end of the month. Have a great day, everyone! :)

josey
07-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Wow guys! Great stuff! I peeked at the scale and it is looking good here! I am hoping for 3 pounds on Sunday. That would mean I lost 50 lbs so far! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

April Snow
07-01-2011, 02:32 PM
good job Emme!!

And good luck Josey!! My WI is also Sunday, and I'm on track for a similar loss for the week - which would actually meet my goal target 4 weeks early!

April Snow
07-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Weekly check in

Goal: 10 weeks on plan/241 lbs - MET 7/3!!!
NEW goal: 10 weeks on plan/235 (10% loss)

Current status:
6 weeks on plan/240.6 (-3.4)

josey
07-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Weekly check in

Current status:

Amazing April Snow!! Congrats! What's next? Are you setting a new goal or enter a new challenge? Edit: Oops, I overlooked that in your post. Sounds great!!

I actually did get my 3 lbs today too! Wooohooo. I am close to making this challenge. Oh and I lost 50 lbs overall.

April Snow
07-03-2011, 11:52 AM
thanks Josey!

And yay for you on the three lbs and WOW on losing 50 lbs!!! That is freaking AMAZING!!

shishkeberry
07-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Josey, congrats on losing 50 lbs! That's amazing!

josey
07-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks guys! The challenges sure help!

Emme
07-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone! I have decided to stop weighing myself until July 29 which is the last Friday in July (and my official WI days have been Fridays). I will still check in and say hello, though! :)

josey
07-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Whatever works for you Emme! Nice to see you still check in to say hi though :-)

April Snow
07-06-2011, 10:55 AM
good luck Emme, hope that staying away from the scale makes it easier to get to goal!! I have also thought about staying away from the scale at certain big milestone places. I know that a scale can't "know" that one particular weight is more significant than another but it does seem like for a lot of people, the stress of hitting big milestones makes it harder.

I'm not sure I'll have the will power to resist (maybe lock my scale in the car or something! lol!) but I definitely see benefit to the concept of skipping WI until the milestone should be safely passed)

Emme
07-06-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure I'll have the will power to resist (maybe lock my scale in the car or something! lol!) but I definitely see benefit to the concept of skipping WI until the milestone should be safely passed)

Thanks. :) Hopefully I will hit it then, but I lose a lot slower now that I am not as heavy as I used to be, so anything goes! I just have to make sure I am diligent with my eating and exercise.

JOLINA
07-06-2011, 07:18 PM
WOW!
Everyone seems to be doing great.
I lost one more pound last week.
I notice my arms are getting thinner now.

I have been getting my exercize in the garden the last couple of days...picking Mullein tea leaves and drying them for my no-cal beverage.
Mullein leaf tea is a very mild flavored green tea. It doesn't need sugar or honey to taste good. It cures colds also, so I haven't been sick at all for the last few years.

:coffee:

Emme
07-06-2011, 07:37 PM
WOW!
Everyone seems to be doing great.
I lost one more pound last week.
I notice my arms are getting thinner now.

I have been getting my exercize in the garden the last couple of days...picking Mullein tea leaves and drying them for my no-cal beverage.
Mullein leaf tea is a very mild flavored green tea. It doesn't need sugar or honey to taste good. It cures colds also, so I haven't been sick at all for the last few years.

:coffee:

It's awesome that you lost another pound!! That tea sounds very interesting.

amandie
07-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Hi all!!! Been MIA for a while now... I've been busy moving stuff and unpacking in my new apartment in another state. Now I can finally focus on the weight loss/exercise part, lol...

Hope all is well with everyone! I will catch up when I have a little more time. Just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone. Holding at 187.6, whew! :)

josey
07-08-2011, 12:24 PM
YAY! ;-) She is back!!!

April Snow
07-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Weekly check in

Current status:
7 weeks on plan/238.4 (-2.2)

josey
07-10-2011, 06:23 PM
April, you are a weight loss machine!! Well done!

I had a stall this week. There was too much going on this week. Stress at work, worrying about my injured kitty etc. I was on plan but I think my body was really stressed out. Oh well, I still have some time to make it until end of July. I will push on!

amandie
07-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Josey- Oh no, injured kitten! :hug: :hug: Hope the kitteh will be ok? That's right, push onnnn through, girl!!!

Great job, April!!!!

:carrot: 185 today!!!! Sooooo happy! Finally am back to my usual water intake.

JOLINA
07-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi All!
I am really hungry today. Yesterday was worse....been doing too much exercize.
But I am down one more pound. It's slow, but steady progress for me.

Keep to your diets this coming week!

:goodluck:

Emme
07-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Hope everyone is doing great! We are almost halfway through July already...we are getting close to our WI in a few weeks. Keep up the great work! :)

josey
07-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi All!
I am really hungry today. Yesterday was worse....been doing too much exercize.
But I am down one more pound. It's slow, but steady progress for me.

Keep to your diets this coming week!

:goodluck:

Are you thirsty instead? Sometimes my body confuses thirst with hunger. Especially after a big workout.

JOLINA
07-12-2011, 08:15 PM
No, Josey.
I was actually hungry this time. But sometimes it is the water. I have added extra water to my diet last week.
So I harvested some of my potatoes early and made some extra mashed potatoes today.
Today I am not hungry. I might have needed some of the minerals in the fresh potatoes.
:hun:

I probably need to up my calories a bit. Or do less exercize.
I am losing a pound a week now. It is slow, but I am getting there.

How is your kitty cat?
What kind of injury did it have?

josey
07-13-2011, 09:53 AM
No, Josey.
I was actually hungry this time. But sometimes it is the water. I have added extra water to my diet last week.
So I harvested some of my potatoes early and made some extra mashed potatoes today.
Today I am not hungry. I might have needed some of the minerals in the fresh potatoes.
:hun:

I probably need to up my calories a bit. Or do less exercize.
I am losing a pound a week now. It is slow, but I am getting there.

How is your kitty cat?
What kind of injury did it have?

Nice! Home-grown potatoes are sooo yummy!
I would rather up the calories than reduce the exercising. Isn't that nicer anyways? Eating more... haha

My cat is doing way better. Thanks for asking. I think a coyote or something got him on his back. He has some wounds right above his hips but they are healing nicely. This morning he was quite active. Racing around and playing, so I think is definitely on the mend.

April Snow
07-13-2011, 10:33 AM
congrats on the loses, Amandie and Jolina! and glad your kitty is doing better, Josey!

I can't believe we've got less than 3 weeks to go on this challenge - and I think we've been having some really good successes overall.

I'll start a thread for the 10 weeks to 10/10 challenge in another week or so, because I definitely want to keep this going!!

amandie
07-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Emme- Hope all is well with you too!!!

Josey- Coyote?! Yikes! Glad to hear he seems to be doing better, though.

April- I'm definitely joining the 10/10 challenge! ;) Will keep an eye out for that thread.

Jolina- Homegrown potatoes, yummmm!!!!! I'm with Josey- eat more rather than reduce exercise, hehehe.

amandie
07-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Emme- Hope all is well with you too!!!

Josey- Coyote?! Yikes! Glad to hear he seems to be doing better, though.

April- I'm definitely joining the 10/10 challenge! ;) Will keep an eye out for that thread.

Jolina- Homegrown potatoes, yummmm!!!!! I'm with Josey- eat more rather than reduce exercise, hehehe.[/QUOTE]

April Snow
07-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Weekly check in

Current status:
8 weeks on plan/236.6 (-1.8)

JOLINA
07-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Good news...I lost another pound last week!
That's 12 pounds lost so far. This calorie counting really works.

Just think... I started out at 7 lbs 4 oz., then ate my way up to 200 pounds.
I figure it should only take another 181 weeks to be back where I started.
All it takes is a little perseverence.

Emme
07-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Jolina ~ Awesome work!!! Yes, counting calories really does the trick. :) You are doing great.

josey
07-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Last week was just crazy, especially the last weekend. I managed to stay at the same weight but didn't lose anything. I might not make my goal this time. Bummer. However, I know it is my fault.
I feel a bit burned out at work and in general but I have to start losing again. I need to drop quite a bit until December!
Anybody interested in a new challenge after this one? I am part of a Labour Day challenge but need something for end of October. Any takers? I can post the link here as soon as this one is completed. Let me know...

April Snow
07-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Josey -

I am planning on starting a new challenge that will go from the end of this one for 10 weeks - though October 10th. For me, it's been great to have a 10 week time frame to commit to, so I want to do that again. Maybe that's not quite as long as you were looking for though?

josey
07-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Sounds good. Let me know when you post. I am in!

Emme
07-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Stopping by to say hi to everyone. Can you believe that our challenge is almost over already?! 10 more days until we WI on the 31st! I hope everyone is doing great. :)

josey
07-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Wow, guys, I just saw how many pages we have on this thread. Is that ever amazing? I would really love to do another challenge with you guys! Any takers for end of September? We need to come up with a snazzy name.

Anyways, onto the stats. After another stall last week (sigh!) I dropped 3lbs this week. Woohoo! I am still on track for next week. One more pound and I am at goal. I will definitely work hard to reach it. I had too much fun to screw this one up.

How is everybody doing?

josey
07-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Josey -

I am planning on starting a new challenge that will go from the end of this one for 10 weeks - though October 10th. For me, it's been great to have a 10 week time frame to commit to, so I want to do that again. Maybe that's not quite as long as you were looking for though?

April Snow - Did you already post a challenge?
I just checked the calendar and Oct 9/10 is the Canadian Thanksgiving. How about that for a challenge deadline? I know Denver is not exactly Canada but I would never restrict a challenge to one country. I posted a Victoria Day and there was a Canada Day challenge before and we had people from different countries.

April Snow
07-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Weekly check in

NEW goal: 10 weeks on plan/235 (10% loss) - MET 7/24!!!

Current status:
9 weeks on plan/234.6 (-2.0)

I am pretty thrilled I met my first 10% goal this week. I am going to do another 10% as my next goal, but the final week of this challenge is my bonus week, to give me a head start on that.

April Snow
07-24-2011, 12:34 PM
and I started the 10/10 challenge - it will start on 8/1, as soon as this one ends. Hope to see you all there!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/238934-10-weeks-10-10-a.html

josey
07-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Oh, April Snow I didn't see you last post.
I just posted a challenge too: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/239162-cdn-turkey-trot-thanksgiving-challenge-oct-10-a.html

Well, I will join yours too. Same date, same goal. I can update two :-)

Emme
07-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Hey ladies! Hope you are all doing great! I can't believe July is almost over...we have all been rockin'! Keep it up! I'll be weighing in on the 31st.

JOLINA
07-28-2011, 04:07 AM
Grrrreat...2 new challenges!
I'll join one when this one is over.
I am staying on my plan to lose 1 pound per week, and so far it is working out. I lost another pound last week. This week I notice the weight loss on the inside of my elbows and knees.

I traded some of my mullein tea for 10 pounds of blackberries, so I'll be making berry juice tomorrow.
A friend of mine has COPD from smoking, and the mullein is supposed to cure that. We'll see how well the mullein tea works now.

It took all day to pick, clean and make the mullein tea. A lot of standing and stooping, but I need all the exercize I can get. I am sooo tired today.

Making juice is a lot of work, but also comes with health benefits and extra exercize I can do indoors..... out of the heat. It was an oven here for the past 2 weeks.
I hope everyone has a good week and loses more weight soon!

April Snow
07-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Final Weekly check in

NEW goal: 10 weeks on plan/235 (10% loss) - MET 7/24!!!

Current status:
10 weeks on plan/231.4 (-3.2)
9 weeks on plan/234.6 (-2.0)

29.6 in 10 weeks. I don't think the next 10 weeks will be quite that high but I'm excited to get started on them and see what I can do!

April Snow
07-31-2011, 09:39 AM
congrats to everyone who stuck with this challenge - I have seen many wonderful results for all of us!!

josey
07-31-2011, 10:11 AM
I hit goal this morning! Phew, just in time for the last weigh in! That was a close one!
Congrats everybody for sticking it out!
I hope I see you at some of the other challenges!

JOLINA
07-31-2011, 11:23 AM
I hope everyone achieved their goals during this challenge.
I lost 11 pounds! And I am now wearing a smaller size.

Hope to see all of you in the upcoming challenges.

:hug: