Old 05-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Wanna hear a love story?

This is long, but good. Many of you know I've had a difficult run this past year. When my Grandpa died that was pretty much my rock bottom and I disappeared from the boards. I didn't stop the journey! I'm actually back to my low again, thank goodness! But I was no longer into the happy banter I love so here.

Well, my life has taken a turn...

When I was 15 years old, I fell in love with a boy two years older than I. We dated for nearly a year and I was madly and deeply in love with him. My family at the time was a nightmare. His parents encouraged him to break it off with me. I was devastated. Worse, nearly immediately he started dating a friend of mine. It was torture and I never got over it.

I compared every single man from there on out to him. I've just re-read all my old journals, actually, and literally they're filled for the next 6 years with "but he's not like 'him'", "doesn't look like 'him'", "I haven't felt this way since 'him'." Eventually, honest-to-goodness, I decided that since I couldn't have him, it didn't matter who I had and my boyfriend choices took a nose dive. I married my husband because at least he had dark hair...like 'him'.

Throughout my marriage, nearly every month, I had nightmares where I had to choose between him and my husband. I always woke up before the choice was made. I was fearful one night I'd say his name because I talk in my sleep. I worried about what Heaven would be for me, because in Heaven you're supposed to be with the one you love. I was married to one man, and forever in love with another.

Once in college, I got brave and called him. He had been seeing that friend of mine for four years at that point, and I knew they were still together. I called anyway. He was a pilot and he took me flying. I will never forget that perfect night. But I had a blind date set up for the next evening and I told him I owed it to this guy to see that date through. He wanted to renew things at that point...wanted to drive an hour's distance to see me in college. He broke up with the girl of FOUR YEARS! I don't remember how it played out exactly, but I chose an absolute idiot of a blind date over him. I have regretted that decision every day, EVERY day, ever since.

So last week, I hurt my neck by waking up. LOL! I woke up, turned my head, stretched and I heard something audibly snap in my neck. I was in so much pain I couldn't even lay back down. The doctor put me on Percocet, which apparently lowers my inhibitions! I wrote him a handwritten letter. I wrote about a flight I had recently been on and about how beautiful it was. I wrote that I hoped that he hadn't been flying so much now that he had lost sight of that. I wrote that I had recently lost my grandfather which made me want to reach out to some of those people I had lost. I wrote the entire letter in such a way that a wife could read it, because I had no idea where he was in life these days. I stuck a stamp on it and I mailed it.

A few agonizing days letter, I got an email in my box from him. He wrote more than this, but this quote really stuck out: "You spoke of reaching out to those you never meant to lose. Just wanted you to know that you didn't lose me. I'm still right here." He wanted me to write back or call. So I called and got his answering machine, and left a message. He didn't call back that night, but very late left another email saying he'd call the next evening at 8:30. So I waited.

We talked for two and a half hours. And would you believe he has felt about me the same way all these years? I ended up telling him I had my second chance and blew it. He said he has to shoulder the burden for that one, not me. I didn't understand and he said he never should have broken up with me the first time. He's regretted it all these years and has never married and has dated very little. He has been looking for another me.

I got to see him this weekend. He hasn't changed even a little bit. The man is gorgeous! Who gets three chances at love? I can't believe this is real.

And to bring this back around to weight loss...do you have any idea how incredible it is to be where I am right now at this exact moment in my life? We went on a ten mile hike, because every time we came back around to his car we weren't ready to stop. LOL! We just kept going. I didn't feel it at all! He, unfortunately, was very sore the next day! He called and said he thought he was fine until he hobbled out of bed. I am in shape and I feel really good about my image and I can just enjoy the final chapter of my way-too-long love story.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #2  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

Aww, that's so sweet! After sharing you know you have to keep us updated now, right?! I'm a sucker for love stories- especially real ones!
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Eliana! I was just wondering about you this morning. What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing about your third chance.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #4  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I love this!! Thank you so much for sharing, I'm also a sucker for a good love story.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

What a fabulous story. Many of us have had one"that got away" never to see them again. I hope this turns out well for both of you. Please keep us posted.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Oh Elaina, that is so wonderful. You deserve so much happiness. I am so glad for you.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I'm so excited for you!! And you must keep us updated!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Ok... my heart just swelled up with hope that one day I might have a love story as beautiful as this for myself!
Be happy!!
thaisccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #9  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

What a great story! I'm so happy for you. So, how near to one another do you live now? When's the next date?
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/141

Height: 5'9"

How exciting! I'm so happy for you!!
Blinky963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #11  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

I did a post asking about you. And hoped you were busy out on hot dates!!! Haha I am so glad you are well and life is going so well. Woohoo!

I have a friend awhile back who went through a very hard divorce.A few weeks following she and her 2 small boys were at a do it yourself car wash. She was struggling to figure out how to do the wash and was trying to control her boys. A guy next to her saw this scene and offered to help. The started chatting and long story short they fell in love and have been married several years now. Love is a funny thing!
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #12  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Oh I am dying to know what he had to say abut the fit and active you? Is he also in good shape or have interest in being active?
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow, that IS a love story. So happy for you!

BTW, your neck...if you have any pain or weakness down your arm(s) or hand(s), get thee to a neurologist...fast.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #14  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
What a great story! I'm so happy for you. So, how near to one another do you live now? When's the next date?
We are an hour apart. He's in our home town. The hour is not so bad...for now. He's a pilot, so he's not home all the time. So right now I get see him again next weekend. It's a pretty solid thing already...it may seem fast to most, but for us it's like the slowest relationship EVER! We've seriously just pick up right where we left off. He's amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki6kidsmom View Post
Oh I am dying to know what he had to say abut the fit and active you? Is he also in good shape or have interest in being active?
He said I was "Smokin' hot". LOL! And in reply to the look on my face he said, "Hey, I just call 'em as I see 'em." I've never, ever been called that before! His eyes were wandering the entire day. I kept catching him when I would turn my back and turn back to him again. He'd quickly get his eyes back to mine. So cute. And what an ego boost!

And he is in great shape! He looks good, anyway. And heck, he managed the ten mile walk. You have to be in some kind of shape for the body to take that kind of abuse. He was sore the next day, but no biggie. And yes, he loves to be active, but hasn't anybody to do anything with. He's the type that prefers activities over formal exercise. We were going to play tennis, in fact, but it rained. He used to play soccer. He said after seeing me he's going to get active pronto. Not that he needs to! But it's good for anyone's health.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixC Chix View Post
Wow, that IS a love story. So happy for you!

BTW, your neck...if you have any pain or weakness down your arm(s) or hand(s), get thee to a neurologist...fast.
Nope, nothing like that, but thanks for mentioning it! The doctor asked me lots of questions along those lines. I think it was God's way of poking me in the right direction. Hey Dummy! LOL! I'd never taken Percocet before and apparently I'm one who gets that feeling of euphoria with it. Yep.

Last edited by Eliana; 05-16-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #15  
Calorie counter

Oh, and actually there's another part to the story you'll all like.

Just a few weeks ago he had an "epiphany" and decided he didn't like where he was in life. He decided to get himself out there and find someone because he was lonely. He knew a girl states away...just sort of knew her. He made plans to fly through her state so he could start things up with her. Two days later...my letter arrived in the mail, after 20 years. If I hadn't written when I did, I might just have missed my opportunity