Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat - Monday, May 16 through Sunday, May 22, 2011

Vickie
05-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Happy New Week!

Vickie
05-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Good Morning Chicks! We have tons of appointments today. Today is Jim's Cardiologist appointment so think good thoughts!

beach bum
05-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Just heard on the radio that the tip of Cape Cod just had a minor earthquake,and its going to rain until Saturday. We're also going to have a wedding in July. Ted Kennedy son is getting married at the Kennedy compound. No cars are allowed in that area of Hyannisport,they are going to provide buses to & from.

Other wise nothing new.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages,hope you have a great results with Jim's Cardiologist. Sending [[[[[[[good vibes]]]]] your way.

Tejas
05-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the new pages, Vickie....and :crossed: today!

An earthquake in Cape Cod? Wow.

I think I'll have oatmeal pancakes for breakfast; haven't had those in ages.

ontarget
05-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Oatmeal pancakes? mmmmmmmm........

Vickie, :;): :;)::;)::;): for a good report.

Maryann, did you feel the tremors? We had a few slight earthquakes around here last year due to all the drilling and water being pumped into the ground.

We're doing yardwork today. Tonight I go to OA after making a blackberry cobbler for Curtis to take to men's meeting. I feel like my weight's down a little. Guess I'll find out at wi in the morning at WW.

Tejas
05-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Yes, I made the core cottage cheese/oatmeal pancakes...I think you posted the recipe, Sandra. I like them. I think next time, I'll put the ingredients in a blender/processor and make a liquid batter. But, they are tasty and healthy for sure.

I began a new workout program with the trainer today. He had been thinking about going lighter on the weights, reps and exercises. He didn't, but I survived.

nancy237
05-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Vickie.. Thinking of you & Jim and your appointment..
Can't wait to hear how things went.

Vickie
05-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks everyone! The appointment was great. No immediate concerns or hospitalization. He's got some tests to take and 24 hour telemetry. He had his first PT for his back yesterday. We are going to try to have some fun today.

I stayed the same. That's success at this point.

pam920
05-17-2011, 10:19 AM
good morning chicks. Looks like another cloudy day and on the cool side. This is the strangest weather we are having.

Vickie, glad the appt went well. Is telemetry the same as wearing a holter monitor?

Rhonda, I used to make oatmeal pancakes when on the southbeach diet. I've made them using eggs and oatmeal and I think I used to use ricotta cheese.

Sandra, my husband loves cobbler.

Maryann, did you get an invite to the wedding?

Hi Nancy.

beach bum
05-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Have to make this fast as I have to go out and vote,Yes its our Electrion Day where we are going to for select men planning board members and 4 proposals. One to do with the wind terminals. Ours are to big & high and people living near them are getting migraines to more serious healthy issues.They might have to take them down,and that's going to cost us more money. Why Oh Why didn't they plan this better,I think all gov from Local to the Fed are all not for the people but only for themselves. Off My soap box.

Looks like rain again so its going to be exercising on the bike or using my walking tapes.Woke up to low temps with dampness in the air,wondered why my bones are aching.

RHONDA-It was much of anything,only hit 2 on the rector scale. and it was out near P-town. Didn't that we had a crack on the earth in that area.

SANDRA-Didn't feel a thing.as I live far from the quake.

PAM-Little old me invited to the Kennedy wedding??????? NO!!! don't think so,I'm going to be far away from that.Think I will be going to Maine with my DD at that time.

Have a great day

Tejas
05-17-2011, 07:45 PM
My eating plans got thrown off by a phone call from a friend I haven't seen since the early 80's. We had a blast, eating lots of Mexican food. :lol: No regrets.

Good news, Vickie!

:wave: Nancy.

ontarget
05-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Hola, Rhonda. Mexican food sounds great. What about margaritas!?!

Vickie, that's wonderful news about Jim. You two have something to celebrate! Congrats on staying the same.

:wave: at all of you!

My weight is down but I am about to eat some cobbler. Life goes on.

Tejas
05-17-2011, 10:17 PM
No margaritas; I had to drive on the highway about 20 minutes :(

Vickie
05-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Good Morning Chicks! We had fun at the gambling boat yesterday. We went for our joint birthday trip. Jim won, I lost. He enjoyed himself alot and I was glad he was distracted. Now I have to schedule his tests.

My eating yesterday was atrocious and we have tons of events scheduled in the next 11 days. Portion control will have to be my life saver.

Light and love to you all.

pam920
05-18-2011, 09:14 AM
good morning chicks.

I'm getting my nails done and have my yearly cardio appt. One more day of ugly weather and suppose to warm up tomorrow.

Gambling boat sounds like fun Vickie. I really would love a trip to Vegas but not seeing it in the near future. Glad you had fun.

jojo, thinking about you.

Maryann vent all you want. I might jump on that soapbox with you.

Mexican sounds good Rhonda. Glad you had a good time. How nice meeting up with old friends.

Tejas
05-18-2011, 10:37 AM
:soap: We recently had municipal elections also. Almost no one votes! I am appalled. I live in a city where the average age is in the 30's; them majority of voters are in their 60's! We did, however, get a younger person onto city council and I'm optimistic.

I'm having lunch with another friend from my past today. Someone I met when I was 17 and in dental hygiene school, before going to university. It's old home week here for me.

I've been to the gym already and am ready for a nap!

beach bum
05-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Good Morning Ladies :)

Rain again,so I was called by the director saying that our walking tour was cancelled again. He is going to try to get extra walking in after the class is over due to the rain we paid for 2/6 with a month of bad weather.

PAM-Happy about the elections yesterday,one of my candidates got in,the other didn't. OF the 4 proposals 1/2 got in the other 1/2 didn't. So I'm not complaining.

RHONDA-Some people don't know the issues and vote for handsome men,that will throw them out of they're houses do the the high property taxes.Some of my friends are now upset saying " what am I going to do I can't pay these taxes." I tell them to vote the issues not what a person looks like. Will they ever listen,I don't know.

VICKIE-Happy to hear everything went ok with DH appointment. Yes I agree now have some fun together doing what ever.MAINTAINING is not bad with all they you went though.

Have a great day

pam920
05-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Back from dr. He was pleased with the weight I've lost, wants me to lose more, of course. He is going to do a liver test in 6 wks, along with a tsh test for my thyroid. He is concerned as my heart rate was only 47 during my EKG. I always have a slow heart rate, usually in low 50's. I wanted to stop taking all my meds, and have blood work in Sept, but he said no. He said all of my major ateries have 30/40 % blockage, and if I went off my statin, Niaspan, etc, I would need a bypass or stents in a matter of 2 or 3 yrs. Shucks, I hate taking all this stuff. Had my thyroid checked a few years ago, was low end of normal. I know it's hard to lose weight for me.

Rhonda, another long lost friend. How nice.

Maryann, glad you are happy with results. Yeah, silly to vote on looks, I agree with that.

We went to lunch and had Mexican. Rhonda talked me into it. lol

Time for a nap.

ontarget
05-18-2011, 06:34 PM
I made another blackberry cobbler today cuz we had company. A poor excuse is better than none at all. (I used Splenda)

Tejas
05-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Pam, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get your wishes for your meds, but glad to hear you'll follow medical advice. This losing weight thing IS hard, for certain.

I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon. I'm coming down with a head cold and am tired. I hope this passes quickly; I have working out to do!

nancy237
05-19-2011, 01:29 AM
The weather here has been amazing. 75 during the day and cool at night.
My son helped with the mulching and then grilled shisk ka bobs tonight.

I have been finding playroom furniture because I gave the sectional to my oldest son. Yesterday I found a great leather sofa for $100 and today a
huge bean bag chair with memory foam in it. It is as big as a huge chair.

I have bills and paperwork that must be done . Its top of my list tomorrow but I dread it. Then my son's birthday dinner, he will be 19 on Friday.
I think I am going to get him a guitar for his birthday..SHHH Its a secret.

Last night he set up the wii that he had at college. I loved the :boxing:
I finally got to knock him up beside the head for all the dumb teenage things he pulled..haha

jojo23
05-19-2011, 03:33 AM
I haven't fallen out with you all. I am away from home. It will be a year next Thursday since our daughter left us, until we meet up again. We are in Norfolk staying with family and will be back in early June... Can you picture it.... our huge labrador plus 3 others belonging to the family????

ontarget
05-19-2011, 10:40 AM
JoJo, I'm glad you and Mark are with family. Touch base with us when you can. We miss you.

Rhonda, are you sure you're not having allergy problems? My doctor said 95% of his patients are having allergy problems--more than normal. I got a shot before we went to the family reunion in Houston and was well in time to enjoy the gathering.

Pam, you're wise to follow your doctor's orders. Maybe he'll take you off your meds next time. I think their goal is to have folks on as few meds as possible, so it must be important for you to be taking yours.

Nancy, you and DS are enjoying each other. Makes me smile. Have fun with the WII!

I'm in First Period Eight Grade English. It would be awesome if the rest of the classes would be this good. Their regular teacher is a former student of mine (4th Grade). I brought a salad and 2 bananas for lunch/snacks today. My weight is a little lower than it was last month. Life is good.

beach bum
05-19-2011, 10:58 AM

The rain and dampness is still here. My both hands are bothering me this morning. Had to put the fireplace on as the house was cold.

Going to do some grocery shopping and than go to my choir practice this afternoon. Not going to sing with the Men's choir as some of the woman don't want to sing in Latin.

Hope that the weather is better for tomorrow's PB Club ,we usually walk around Woods Hole for a couple of hours after the movies but if it rains its going to be another wash out.

PAM-Hope every thing will be ok with your heart. Its scary when we get to a certain age and it happens to us. Glad your doctor like you weight loss.Mine is babbled as I doing every right but not losing like I should. I told him I can't exercise like I did up to this year,my knee and ligaments are not co-operating. Some of the woman up here are so gullible, they believe everything they hear.

SANDRA-The blackberry cobber sounds yummy.!!! You're tempting me to bake one,Never made one before .

RHONDA-Sorry your not feeling well try to get some rest,some time is just the body needing time out.

NANCY-Glad that you spending some time with your son. My son plays the guitar, & keyboard .

JOJO-I was wondering where you were.Happy to hear you're with family that this time,take care.

Have to go a have a nice day

ontarget
05-19-2011, 01:25 PM
They're really easy, Maryann. I'm sorry you're aching.

pam920
05-19-2011, 08:22 PM
better late than never. Been without internet most of the day. I just did a mile on the treadmill. Boy, am I out of shape. I had it set at 3.5 mph and it was about to do me in. Wanted to do 2 miles, but 1 is better than none. I wanted to quit taking Lipitor and Niaspan, both keep my cholesterol in check. If my liver test turns out fine, I will have to stay on those. If it's affecting my liver, he will just change it to another statin. I can thank my parents for my great genes, lol, NOT.

Jojo, family is a good place to be right now. You might be out of sight, but not out of mind. Hugs.

Rhonda, I agree, might be allergies. Hope you feel better soon.

Sandra, you are a baking fool. Where are you getting all those berries?

Maryann, hope you are able to walk tomorrow. I know you enjoy it, and the rain has held you back. Yeah, my Dr. could lose a few pounds himself, lol. I have been holding steady but need to exercise to move the scale.

Nancy, glad you are enjoying time with your son.

Tejas
05-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Nancy, glad to hear that you've had/are having a great time with your son.

Pam, good for you for getting on the treadmill. Perhaps it will come more easily to you in time.

Sandra, send cobbler. Oh, never mind. I just ate---are you ready---pizza!!!!

Maryann, I hope the fire in the fireplace was comforting. Our weather has been so strange that I had a fire going myself a week or two ago. We are getting more rain soon too.

Jojo, I'm glad you're with family. :hug:

So, today I got a haircut and the hairdresser discovered three bald patches at the crown and back of my head. My older sister had Alopecia for a while, so I guess I better get myself to a doctor. I have a thick head of hair, and am a bit vain about it--grey and all. I read about it on the Mayo Clinic site and it says it is an auto-immune disease, and sometimes involves the thyroid. I hadn't noticed any hair falling out, but the patches are there, for certain. Life!

beach bum
05-20-2011, 09:39 AM

Instead of rain we have a fog now as thick as pea soup. Its supposed to clear by 9AM.Have to go out and do some grocery shopping before we go down to the PB Club at 11:30. Couldn't go out yesterday as both hands were hurting so I was afraid to drive. Today I fine again,hope its continues that way.

Just heard on the radio that tomorrow is the end of the world.How do that know when Only the God the Father knows. It must be a slow news day.

SANDRA-Do you have the recipe in the recipe section.

PAM-Hoping the fog cleans up so we can walk after watching a film at the PB Club.

RHONDA-Thanks is was comforting to have the fireplace on,but I missed going out and getting my walking done.

Have a great day

ontarget
05-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Rhonda, PIZZA!!!! I'll trade!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your hair is always gorgeous. I love the way you're styling it. Maybe there's some vitamin you could be taking? I'm glad you're going to the doctor.

Pam, our granddaughters, Curtis, and I have been picking blackberries along our fenceline separating our yard from our shooting range. There may be enough for another cobbler. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep picking or not. One grand is coming over tomorrow. If it's not raining, we'll prob pick.

Maryann, it's not a CORE recipe. I just use a regular cobbler recipe using Splenda instead of sugar.

Today's my 2nd day in a row with these Eighth Grade English folks. They are wonderful. The Freshman teachers will be pleasantly surprised next year.

Rhonda, I had a cheeseburger and onion rings yesterday. MY BAD!

pam920
05-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Good morning. Getting ready to get on the treadmill. I have a headache today. Not sure why. It's cloudy here but suppose to get high 80's later.

Rhonda, my grandmother(dad's mom) was very bald on top and my one sis is following in her footsteps. I have super thick hair like my mom. Hope they can fix those bald spots for you.

Sandra, glad you have a good class. The only berries I really like are strawberries. Not crazy about blackberries, raspberries. It's those little seeds that I don't like, although strawberries don't bother me. Weird, I know.

Maryann, enjoy your PB day and hope you get to walk.

ontarget
05-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Can you feel it?
Developing a whole new you
Every day, every hour while
Feeling better all the time.
Goals looming with
Healthy choices to be made.
Isolated splurges yet
Jeans are fitting better.
Knowing how to choose creates
"Life is good."

I'm subbing 8th Grade English and am bored (This is a good thing!) Above is an ABC POEM. "Beginning anywhere in the alphabet, each line begins with the next letter of the alphabet. Poem must be at least 10 lines long.

Anyone else here wanna join in the fun?

Tejas
05-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Lifting weights
Makes me feel
Newer,
Optimistic and, of course,
Prettier and
Queen-like, that is,
Royal and
Stupendous. Of course, it is
Theatrical at times when you
Undulate all those new muscles!

:lol:

ontarget
05-20-2011, 02:38 PM
:bravo:

pam920
05-20-2011, 04:26 PM
you girls are good.

Girls just wanna have fun,
Having a ball and playing in the sun.
I'll be at the beach in the sand
Join me if you can.
Kites are flying in the air,
Ladies laughing without a care.
Merrily walking hand in hand
Now isn't life grand.
One day we shall all meet
Pals forever, isn't that neat??

Okay, that is really corny, but what the heck lol

ontarget
05-20-2011, 04:43 PM
:bravo: Pam!

Tejas
05-20-2011, 05:34 PM
whoa, Pam even made it rhyme~raising the bar!!! :rofl:

ems81wales
05-21-2011, 10:33 AM
hey everyone hope your all doing well iv been busy with exams over the past 2 weeks i still have 3 to go. I finally got my gyne appointment woohoo on the 6th june should finally gte some sort of answers off the consultant xxx

Vickie
05-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Oh you guys are awesome! I'm not even gonna try...but I'm enjoying reading them.

Rushing around like crazy here. PT seems to be helping Jim's back a bit. We having been eating out a lot. NOT good.

beach bum
05-21-2011, 10:55 AM

Went to the PB club yesterday and was able to walk around the town,after the fog lifted the sun came out and it was so nice to feel it on your face.

Feel a little down this morning and the fog & cloudiness isn't helping, its hanging over us again. Don't know if I will make it to the beach. my left hand is still bothering me, so I'm going out to buy some arthritic meds especially at night when it hurts the most.

Got on the scale and I 'm up 1 hands feel like they swollen.It was very warm in my Bedroom so I had two windows opens for cross ventilation.

SANDRA-Thanks I'm sure I find the recipe some where on the web.

PAM- Thanks Yes,we had a wonderful time at the PB Club and after we went for a walk and than found a early bus to take us home. Headaches might come from the sinuses. I get them all the time when the weather changes.

VICKIE-I with you I wouldn't know where to start. I agree with Vickie your marvelous.

Have a great day

blessedwithsarah
05-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi ladies. I've been reading your posts but not a lot of time to write. We are in the middle of end of year craziness. The next month is just jam packed with all of the end of year activities for school, girl scouts, gymnastics, karate, sunday school. I really am amazed at the mom's who can juggle all of this for more than one kid!

I'm holding my own from a weight standpoint. I'm not sure why the scale isn't moving, but i still feel good in my clothes. I started running at the gym -- got tired of the elliptical. I'm now running about 3.5 miles of a 5 mile session. Not too bad - especially since I attempted to run about a year or so ago (prior to joining the Y) and I couldn't do much. Definatly working some different leg muscles.

I hope all is well with everyone here!!! Hopefully we'll see some sun soon. I love the poems. I need to work on coming up with one. :)

Tejas
05-21-2011, 05:12 PM
I
Just
Keep on
Loving
My
Numerous
Optimistic
Pal-
Queens :queen:
Ranting
Screaming and
Talking about what matters on this awesome journey to be healthier.

pam920
05-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Dear Rhonda,
Each poem you post makes me
Feel
Giggly and
Happy and
I
Justifyably
Keep
Laughing
More and more

Tejas
05-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Oh, we are GOOD!!! :rofl:

I'll be missing for about two days. I'm going with my niece to the county where her father, my brother, is. We have to go to court about his business/well-being matters. It should all work out fine; it just takes some traveling to west Texas. See you Tuesday! Keep those poems flowing!

:wave:

Tejas
05-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Oh, before I exit....I read that the head of the RICE clinic in North Carolina says that if you have a goal weight then multiply it by 10 and eat that many calories. So, my goal weight is 140, I should eat 1400 calories.

But, if you exercise (eg, walk a mile) add 100 calories. Or, in my case, eat 1500 calories.

I had been eating 1500 on non-workout days, and a few hundred more when I work out. I am going to try his approach and see what happens. It will be challenging.

Tejas
05-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Ooops! One more thing:

Announcing the
Best news!
Congratulations to
Dear Vickie on her birthday :hb:
Eat all the cake you want. Most of all, have
Fun. Wear
Glitter and have a
Happy Birthday!
I
Just wish you lots of hugs and
Kisses!

Vickie
05-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

WOW Rhonda....THANK YOU for those awesome birthday wishes! I'm 55 today. Not sure what the day holds beyond my favorite Mexican food. I already had my birthday cake so I'm thinking a small Culver's custard might top off the day.

pam920
05-22-2011, 11:58 AM
:bday2you::balloons::bday2::celebrate:

Happy Birthday Vickie. Culvers sounds good. We have one about an hour from us. Haven't tried it, but I grew up with frozen custard in Michigan and that place is still open, seasonal, of course. Ummmm, they are so good. Enjoy your special day.

beach bum
05-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Its was spritzing this morning and now we have heavy clouds hovering over us.I guess it better than rain. Have to meet my friends at 3Pm as we have to go to a wake. Our original choir directors DD passed away with a lung disease. Its a to be a sad situation,as all my friends are like sisters to me,having no family up here.

RHONDA-That interesting about finding your calories by your goal weight. I wonder where the The Rice Institute came up with that. My new goal weight is 150 and if I eat 1500 I won't lose. MY range is around 1200-1350 in order to lose,but once i go above I stat gaining.

:woo::bday2you:VICKIE:bday2you::woo: Have a wonderful birthday I agree with Rhonda enjoy the cake.

Have a great day

ontarget
05-22-2011, 03:45 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VICKIE !!!:bday2you::bday2::bday2you:

I'm loving the poems!! You chickies are talented!

Ems, I just looked at your ticker. :woohoo:

Maryann, I googled "blackberry cobbler recipe" and mine came up. It's made with Bisquick. I topped it with a frozen pie shell, too, then sprinkled Splenda on top. (That wasn't in the recipe.)

Paula, it's good seeing you. :wave:

Rhonda, have a safe trip. Thanks for the info on the calories.

I'm going outside to fling a few arrows. Have a Super Sunday, Everyone!

ems81wales
05-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks sandra :D

Vickie i hope you had anice birthday xx