Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #16  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Hello,

Congrats on your husband Still. Which university? MSU?

K9 WooHoo on your pants!!

Novelista This is all practice. Get your feet wet

------------

Really yucky weekend we had. Our local little downtown had their flower fair and I volunteered there for Saturday a bit. Sunday they had to cancel the whole thing

I am just really excited about my trip to Finland. I have been washing and ironing clothes. I won't bring that much with me, because I love to shop there.

Weight is holding steady at 156...I and trying to be really good
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #17  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Berry I'm sure you will be able to make that pound in the next 1.5 weeks. Keep your focus during the most challenging time.

Still It sounds like you had a busy weekend! Great job staying on plan.

Rachael Great job on the P90X. I've heard it's a tough program.

Themilesawaygirl Hi and Welcome!

Roadbikerchick Happy Anniversary! :congrats:

Stacy Happy Anniversary! :congrats:

Diana(LA) Hi!

Novelista I see you are still having a rough time, but it sounds like you are making progress. Hang in there.

Modkittn Great job on the 1.2 pounds.

Shishkeberry Hi and Welcome! It looks like you are off to a great start. Your weight it close to where I started.

Sum What is the difference in clothes shopping there vs. where you live? Better quality? Different styles?
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #18  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Diana Trendier styles. Europe still somehow seems to be about a year ahead of fashion what comes to US. Plus I like to have stuff that no one else has

I will also get my hair done there. I will be a new woman
Old 05-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everone and welcome to all the newcomers!!

I wondered why this thread was so quiet this weekend? Everyone was away I missed you!!

Another pound down today to 239!! Arrived at the 230's yes!!
I looked up my old military records and in 1983 the year I retired from the Navy my weight was 245. Wow!! 6 pounds lower than when I was in!!

1179 calories yesterday in plan, My sodium was little high at 2096 mg my plan is 2000 mg. I am not worried about it though because I have been keeping it really low.

About 3/4 mile walk yesterday.

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #20  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Doing good so far today. My food intake so far today has been really good... Oatmeal, banana, one clementine, light and fit yogurt, turkey and mustard on ww bread, a few red pepper strips, and a little cauliflower. Took my dd out for a 35 minute walk and I vacuumed my living room. I feel pretty good about things today.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Shishkeberry: Looks like you are having a great day! Keep it up! I think your goal is totally on target and realistic! Just decide on your plan and stick to it! You are off to a good start!

Larry: Don't you love those milestones like weighing less then when you left the military? I weigh less then when I got married! Love that! Happy our absences were noticed! BUT glad to be back, too!

Sum: Sounds like you will have so much fun! I can't wait to hear about it all. Will you have internet access?

Novel: Glad you got your feet wet in dating... don't get too wrapped up in it. Are you going to have internet access to us when you are away? If you are hungrier at night...are you eating enough during the day? Sometimes I find my eating out of control at night when I have deprived myself throughout the day.

modkiten: To come back less then when you left is excellent! Congrats!

DianaLA: Sounds like you had a good weekend... glad to hear it! I did too... however I am not done AT ALL! Maybe this week!

Diana: HUgs! and Howdy!

---------------------------------
I lifted weights today first instead of cardio first. It was amazing how good I felt throughout. I am going to try that for the next two weeks before my vacation. I have really been struggling through the weightlifting... I am afraid I might get a little less cardio but I think it'll be okay.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #22  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Holy moly! Lots of new recruits! Welcome everyone!

I was out playing in the dirt today and I'm filthy - head to toe. I got the mulch around the tree and changed out the brick where it was mismatched. I mulched around the front of the house, repotted a couple things (to make my MIL happy, I put my annuals in stone looking pots and now she loves it and moved the others to the back yard). I mulched around the tomatoes and herbs and figs and mulched those pots as well. I mulched around the rock garden and then realized I was going to run out of mulch and ran to the garden center to get more mulch. I only put what was left in the wheelbarrow out in the side flower bed (about one bag's worth), so that is still waiting for me for the next chance of no rain. My yard is looking so much better!

The other thing that makes me happy is that REI is having another big sale and bikes are on sale as are the sandals I want to get Woohoo!!!! Makes me happy as DH just said this weekend that we need to get my son and me bikes and I was HOPING a sale was coming. Yippee!

Man, playing in the dirt makes me one happy girl!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 05-16-2011 at 04:11 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #23  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

So far, so good today with eating. I've had approx. 530 calories of my 1097 for the day. I'm about to go up and hit the elliptical and weights for the first time in a LOOOOOONG time. Wish me luck!!

Mary, So glad you're back! Hope you stick with us....you won't be sorry you did! The folks around here are VERY encouraging!!

Larry, WOW!! Below your service weight? IMPRESSIVE!!!! You're smokin' all us women!! You go, boy!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #24  
Melissa

I just took a shower thinking there was no more chance to get out in the garden and what do I see? SUNSHINE and light clouds. Darn... think I can go back out there and not get all dirty? I'm thinking no... I could run to the garden center as it seems I dropped my packet of dill seeds! But now is rush hour. Seriously wish I could get back out there - it's like I'm addicted to the great outdoors and gardening while the heat is low and there's no high humidity.

And just like that - it started raining hard. Clouds are moving FAST.

And I just had a great NSV. I can feel my ribs on my chest! Can't see them yet, but they are right under the skin and a tiny bit of fat. Wow! Haven't felt those in 13 years!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 05-16-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #25  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Melissa....playing in dirt makes me happy as well. I even played in cold and rain today
Old 05-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

YOu DIRTY GIRLS!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'10"

I'm proud of myself. My stress level has been higher than normal with finals and family stuff but I have not allowed it to cause me to go off my diet. As of this morning I am 172.4 lbs. 4 lbs away from my short term goal, 35 lbs away from my long term goal. 4 lbs will put me solidly into the normal BMI category and 35 lbs will put me on the lower end of the BMI category but that is the weight that I looked and felt the best. LOL it should only take me oh 5-10 months to reach that weight (I figure 1-2 lbs a week of weight loss).
txladymedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #28  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Melissa....playing in dirt makes me happy as well. I even played in cold and rain today
I did that on Saturday - it was misting, but I was out there anyway. I know my family thinks I'm nuts. Do your kids or husband help you with all that gardening? I'm small potatoes compared to what you're doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
YOu DIRTY GIRLS!
Tee! Hee! That's probably about the only way I'm dirty. In college I used to say I was so square I had sharp edges.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #29  
Trying to live below 200

txladymedic Hi and Welcome!

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-16-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #30  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I've noticed that Lauren hasn't been here since 5/5. I hope everything is OK with her.

Total Approx 1440 +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)