Exercise! - Gym vs Equipment & Dvds

View Full Version : Gym vs Equipment & Dvds

Dagny18
05-15-2011, 08:26 PM
I think I might join a gym! I dunno...after starting my new job I lost motivation for exercise and I need to get back to it.
I stare at a computer screen all day, and dvds "were" my source of exercise. I was playing dvds in my laptop as my exercise time...
But now with the computer all day maybe I just need a change?
So I am considering joining a gym.
OR
I would really like a piece of equipment like the Total Gym.
Which do you think would be best?
I could play cds/music while I work out on the total gym. That would be my strength training. For cardio I have a stationary bike but when it is nice out, I could always go outside walking or jogging.
Other ideas?
I don't know how to get back into exercise. I am tired (my eyes hurt) in the evenings so dvds aren't so motivating.

Ferumbras
05-15-2011, 08:40 PM
I have an elliptical/bike at home, along with a rower (that's not currently set up as there's no room) and a balance ball and free weights. I also have been going to a gym lately. I have to admit, I like having both. At the gym, I get to try a range of equipment, can talk to trainers, and in particular I like taking classes. In addition, if I go to the gym it means at the bare minimum I'm getting in 60 minutes of cardio, which rarely happens at home. The home equipment is nice because I can use it whenever I feel like it and don't have to shower in public, heh.

I think ultimately, it's what makes sense for you both financially and in terms of what you'll actually use/stick with. Sorry I can't be more definitive.

LindsaysMommy
06-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Gym gives me more motivation.