South Beach Diet - Sweets at work

View Full Version : Sweets at work

smashlers
05-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Just wanted to share my morning. I walked into work 2nd day of SBD, to an office FULL of breakfast sweets. If there was suck a thing as CRAVINGS this was it!!! Seriously not one healthy non bread sugar choice. I guess I need to just get use to the idea that just because its is free and there doesn't mean you should shove it in your mouth!!! And I would also like to thank my bf for making me a delicious SBD safe breaky, so I wasn't hungry to actually eat that crap anyway! I guess the reall temptaion will come on tonight at 8:30 or 9. I just get such a need for a nosh at that time.... Jello cup it is!

murphmitch
05-14-2011, 05:31 PM
I deal with this on a daily basis. It does get easier, but it never seems to go away. I am amazed with what people put in their mouth on a daily basis. Foods that should be reserved for a special occasion or celebration do not need to go in our mouths daily!

nanjmc
05-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Great job on resisting sweets!! Good news is that after a few days on SBD the cravings for sugar are truly decreased. It is amazing to me now how controlled I have been by my sugar addiction. I NEVER said no to sweets.

celrae
05-14-2011, 05:48 PM
My boss has a sweet tooth and our clients bring him home baked goodies all the time. The sweets sit on the counter inches from my work area all week. I have been doing slow carb for 4 week now and have not given into temptation (I did have a small taste of frosting).:) I am learning that I need to take healthy snacks to work and eat frequently. Today I pushed my lunch time to 4pm and got shaky and very grumpy. Thanks for posting this situation, it has been frustrating yet, I feel strong that I have gotten this far. It the same for drinking with friends, find strategies that work for you. Keep up the good work.:carrot: