Weight Loss Support - Why did i do it

View Full Version : Why did i do it

Hungry Hippo
05-14-2011, 12:13 PM
im at weight watchers my weigh day is Tuesday, but i have just eaten a big bag of chocolates i couldnt help myself im so annoyed. I dont know what it is with me but just lately i have been bingeing i know ive put weight on about 3pound in a week i put weight on really easy this is my 3rd time to ww been going 16 wks lost 9lb but just lately i havent had the motivation & have been eating what i want so no wonder i have put weight on i hear you say but this is me, Its like their is a little voice in my head telling me its ok to eat that bar of chocolate then when you do eat it you may as well eat junk or wait till "Monday" to diet and as we all know "monday" never comes...... is anyone else like me and when the **** am i going to learn :?:

DixC Chix
05-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Um, why did you do it?

It gonna take a lot of introspection to answer that question and really only you can answer it.

But there are some things to think about as you work on it.

What is going on before you eat like this? Work, relationships, procrastination?

What were you feeling? Stress? Anxiety? Boredom? Guilt?

Why was the chocolate available? When did you buy it? Why did you buy that quantity?

Do you want people to post about the stradegies they use when dealing with this?

P.S. There is a Chicks in Control forum that addresses binging, too.

iHeartU
05-14-2011, 01:34 PM
I've been there. Really, the best thing you can do is forgive yourself and do better next time. And add in some extra exercise to make up for it. THat's what I do and it works pretty well.

aggie2006
05-14-2011, 04:16 PM
im a food addict myself, and nothing anyone will say or can say can help us. i can tell you the obvious, you are in control of your body, you are the bearer or your destiny. ive heard it all. when you are mentally ready you will do it.
i think its important to talk though, as you are reaching out here. do you have a chance to speak to the counselor at WW? or maybe a therapist?

Hum
05-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Whenever I decide to try and cheat, like I'll go and buy a big bag of Twizzlers, or whatever kind of candy or cookie. I really hold it to myself debating if I should eat it or not. You just really have to keep battling it out. Ask yourself if you really need it. Hold on to the remorseful feeling you feel, and next time remember how you felt afterwards. If you find yourself with a snack you know you shouldn't eat, do just that. "I remember how I felt after the chocolates." And you will feel regret again.

So when I buy those things, the thing I try to do is battle it out with myself, and eventually I just give the snack to my cousins. Later on I crave it and want it back so bad haha, but it's not there, and I am free of regret. But still don't feel so bad, not all the time I do pass it up to my cousins, I eat it and feel that regret. We just have to learn from that bad feeling we have.

Lovely
05-14-2011, 05:30 PM
I think at the moment it is very important for you to think about why you ate the bag of chips. Or why you had the chocolate.

It doesn't sound like they were planned for. It sounds like you saw them and just decided right then to have them. So why? Stress? Anger? Boredom? Loneliness? Finding the root of the cause can better help you address it when the situation comes up, again?

Also, were those foods readily available? Don't keep them in your house any longer. They're tempting you far too often and making it easier for you to grab them.